Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• quaker09quaker09 Member Posts: 6
    What is the interest rate?
  • louiesmomlouiesmom Member Posts: 10
    5.6%
  • quaker09quaker09 Member Posts: 6
    Can you reasonably afford $600 a month? If you can, then go for it, but if you have any doubts, I would not. I think the interest rate is a bit high and that coupled with the state of the economy, I probably wouldn't do that. However, as I stated, leasing a car, especially a car such as this is a bad idea - even if the economy was doing awesome.
  • louiesmomlouiesmom Member Posts: 10
    I actually can afford $600/month, but I did have a bad feeling about the deal so, I scratched it. I haggled with another dealer for the same car, same neg price of $45K and, got a much better result.
    Total out of pocket due at signing is $2087. Interest rate comes out to 3.84%.
    Much better deal.....
  • mattiefebmattiefeb Member Posts: 8
    This is going to sound elementary. My lease is up in September and I was told that if I was buying/leaing a new LX470 that I should shop in September, because that is when the new models come out. I was told that Lexus best finance rates and car sale deals going on right now, are for their pre owned cars, because they are trying to get rid of inventory to make space for the new models coming out. Is there any truth this rumor? I am not adverse to buying a slightly used (maybe 10-20k mileage) Lexus if it is a super bargain, even if I have to do it a few months before my lease is up...expecially if the deal is that much sweeter. If I wait till September will I get a terrible deal if I choose to get one that is pre owned? Does anyone know how prices/rates are effected by the season? Thanks! Mattie
  • emiliehemilieh Member Posts: 1
    Hello to everyone. Would like some help in finding a target price to go for. I am looking at the base GX 470. I do not need the Nav or Entertainment System.

We only have one dealer in our area. Would any one let me know a general $ amount to expect off the MSRP.

Thanks in advance.
  • lgarneslgarnes Member Posts: 6
    I'm not naming anyone in general , I happen to sell Lexus and when someone says "you should be able to buy it at $200 above invoice with freebies" I simply think it's absurd. You are talking about a $50,000 truck. Prices are set by the MARKET , markets vary by region. If you are the only dealer within 300 miles then of course you don't have to discount your car to the extent that dealerships with more competition do. Don't take the word of people on this board as the gospel. To ask someone "is this a good deal?" can be a bad Idea because it could give you unrealistic expectations. Now all of a sudden If you can't negotiate your way to $200 above invoice you feel like a loser or you feel your salesman is a jerk. The best way to do it honestly is to get numbers from the 3 closest dealers IN YOUR AREA and go from there , Buy from the dealer and salesperson which you feel was the most honest and gave you the best service if the prices were competative. I can tell you of a competing dealer in my area that sell cars for less than I do. I can also tell you that after you buy the car you are on your own because when it comes to follow up and service they aren't the best. I hope the $7 a month was worth it. ;)
  • aubchicaubchic Member Posts: 9
    thanks for your answer! i think everyone wants to get the best deal, but we all need to be realistic too. unfortunately there is only one lexus dealer in my state, so i have to call surrounding states to get a comparison.

can you tell us how far back of msrp you are selling the 08 gx? i think this will ease some people's (including mine!) hestitation of buying or leasing the truck.
  • osobearosobear Member Posts: 3
    We are looking at a new 2008 gx470 with DVD/Mark Levinson sound, third row with A/C, and tow package (no xm or rear DVD system) for 46,500k. Do you think this is a good deal considering the current slow SUV market?

Also, can anyone tell me if the gx470 side airbags extend to the third row of seats? I am having a really hard time finding any safety data on the car...most government safety testing sites show n/a for this car in this and previous years--what is the car's safety reputation? We will be occasionally putting children in the third row and are concerned about the airbags extended to the third row, as in the Acura MDX (which has a smaller/tighter third row feel). The MDX rates very well on safety and they advertise it on their website, so I was surprised Lexus does not mention/"brag" about safety regarding their cars on their website.

We previously have owned the RX300 and have really missed the Lexus drive. We are hoping to return to Lexus for their quality cars and dealership customer service.

Thanks for any info!
    i just closed on a deal in dallas at sewell lexus. the internet department was absolutely fantastic and i am excited to have my car shipped to me in a few weeks.

Here is my gx:

nav/levinson
    tow package
    preferred accessories
    spolier
    third row

msrp: 53089
    invoice: 46547

dealer added:
    dual dvd player (2494)
    tint/stripes (395)

total msrp: 55979
    selling price: 48695
    savings: 7284

i paid 742 back of invoice.

My lease payments are 734 a month for 48/12k with 2500 drive off.
  • mattiefebmattiefeb Member Posts: 8
    I am going to lease or buy a GX 470 sometime this summer, but I heard that every summer there are great Lexus SUV incentives. With gas prices being as high as they are, and with SUV sales being down, does anyone know when the prices may start to get better? Thanks!!! Mattie
  • mpzmbampzmba Member Posts: 2
    Regarding a "good deal"--prices vary by market. I just picked up a GX470 in CT with the following options:

Nav/Mark Levinson
    3rd Row seat w/AC
    Convenience Package (net, mat, wheel locks)
    Tow Prep package
    Rear Spolier

Titanium Silver w/Gray interior

$45,800 + tax + tags

Only "after market" item we installed was XM radio (so that it would read on Nav sceen)--$695 (a bit more than port installed). With all the travel we do to VT--XM is a blessing (no searching for stations--especially in the boonies).

Thought the price overall was pretty good.
  • osobearosobear Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info--we are in NM with only 1 lexus dealership and think the price quoted verbally last weekend is fair ($46,500).
    Can anyone tell me if the side airbags extend to the optional third row seat? I'm still having a hard time finding data on that and need to just check with the dealership. Unfortunately, we had a young sales person last weekend who wasn't too familiar with the gx470--in a way it was nice to be "left alone" on the test drive, but he certainly wasn't knowledgeable about the model and features. He kept insisting that the rear a/c also provided heat, and I begged to differ :-) from all of my reseasrch! Our first salesman (now retired) years ago at that same dealership knew the rx300 in and out and backwards, so I was a little surprised to get such a "newbie" at lexus. We chuckled as the young guy kept asking us if we were interested in the car if they knocked $2k off the sticker.....$7k knocked off later in the office with the manager/finance team was more like it!

Back to the dealership tomorrow to work the numbers.

thanks!
  • cpeacoxcpeacox Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a '04 GX 470 from a local Acura dealer. The car was purchased from Lexus as a certified pre-owned car in April. The Basic warranty ran out in March 2008. Can I still get a Lexus extended warranty?

If so, any suggestions on price and what to purchase?

Thanks in advance - C

P.S. I love this truck! What a great ride and fully loaded!
  • armando1967armando1967 Member Posts: 8
    :D Is this selling price is out the door or not, please tell me , because i want to buy the same vehicle with the same options for my wife, we currently have an 07 RX350,your info would be much appreciated.
    it was not the out the door price, but the price before tt&l. good luck with your research and i hope my information helps you and your wife when negotiating price.
  • politeindianpoliteindian Member Posts: 2
    Picked one in Edison NJ fro 47000. MSRP - 52895. Didn't take more than 20 minutes to take almost 6K off the sticker.

No rear DVD, no towing prep package.

Good luck to all those looking to buy one
  • eaw801eaw801 Member Posts: 21
    3217 down with 622,52 per month for 36 mos/10,000 miles. Good deal? Good SUV?
  • sjo99sjo99 Member Posts: 2
    Regarding a "good deal"--prices vary by market. I just picked up a GX470 in IL with the following options:

Nav/Mark Levinson
    3rd Row seat w/AC
    Convenience Package (net, mat, wheel locks)
    Tow Prep package including hitch and ball
    Emergency kit
    Rear Spolier

Salsa Red w/Ivory interior

$46,240 + tax + tags

Thought the price overall was pretty good. Internet Sales was great, in and out 1 hour 15 minutes!
  • yuliyakaryuliyakar Member Posts: 1
    Hello:
    My friend in Europe wants to buy 2009 GX 470. We will be shipping it from NJ port. I am not sure where it is exactly. I live in Dallas, TX so it is better for me to search for one in NJ. Does anybody know the place that can deliver the car to the port and places that give good prices. I am thinking to contact the dealerships in the area but do not know where to start.
    Thanks in advance.
    Yuliya
  • gusunggusung Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I am planning on purchasing 05 or 06 GX470 model in Chicago area. Cars I have been seeing on the internet are ranging from 28K to 33K. My target price is around 23K. With the down market for larger SUVs, would this negotiation be even worth trying?

If you recently purchased used GX, can you please let me know your experience and price?

Thanks.
  • amysmithamysmith Member Posts: 3
    My opition is, spent about 200 dollars for a $750 Gift certificate for 2008/2009 lexus from ebay. I just brought one from ebay. I can use my extra 500 dollars for window tinted or some nice car wax... :)
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    I am interested in getting the GX 470 in the Dallas Area. Would appreciate if anybody could share their experience, if anybody bought in the Dallas area recently.
  • zhasanzhasan Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I purchased a brand new '08 GX 470 last month from Sewell Lexus. The internet sales manager, Dawn Betrus was fabulous.
    Can you post the details of your purchase?
    Appreciate your help in advance
    I paid $46547 for the '08 GX 470 with the following features,

navigation/Levinson
    drop down rear dvd
    third row
    preferred accessories
    tow package
    spolier

I also financed it through Lexus Fnancials for 4.75% for 60 mos'.

I hope this helps.
    Appreciate your reply. Which dealership did you go to? are you in the dallas area? Please let me know which dealership and salesman you went to.
    Thanks again
    Sewell Lexus of Dallas. Dawn Betrus was the sales person. Good luck!

Hasan
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    We are in the process of purchasing an extended warrenty for our 05 RX with Nav. Our dealer told us they are having trouble moving any and all new and used GX and LX, and we may be able to swap out our 05 RX for a Certified Pre Owned GX for our car and the cost of the extended warrenty. i guess the bottom has fallen out on the used GXs. Does this sound possible?
  • raycharles_manraycharles_man Member Posts: 4
    I think the time of selling them at full price is gone. What prices are you seeing on new and used?
  • awj123awj123 Member Posts: 7
    Looking to trade in my '04 GX470 (good shape w 90k miles) for a new '09 with Nav, 3rd row, trailer package, rear spoiler, and XM...sport package (kinetic suspension) would be a plus but not deal breaker. Current offer I have is for $52k+ list less $3000 discount, and $17k for a trade in. Based on what I'm seeing in other posts as well as in Edmunds, this doesn't appear to be a very good deal...has anyone done better in the Boston area or have any recommendations? Thanks...
  • bluebrickbluebrick Member Posts: 2
    Hi-

Got lots of great info from Edmunds and other places, DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
    Thanks to all the resource on the web and investigating what is actually happening to the auto industry I was able to buy a new GX under the edmunds TMV .
    MSRP was ~52000
    Navi + Levison Audio
    NO_REAR_ENTERTAINMENT_SET.--- Didnt want it anyway.
    Invoice was ~46100

If you want to beat the TMV, it should go without saying, start below it.
    I really like the GX, getting a great deal makes me like it even more.
  • gray11gray11 Member Posts: 3
    Any one else price one recently? This is for 2008 with every option

$47,250 plus tax, title, and dealer fee is the lowest possible price I can go which will still be a net loss to the store after commissions and related expenses to the transaction (assuming of course you still are requesting the XM radio…).

can provide the following items/services in addition to that price:

1,000 mile / 30 day settings and inspection free of charge.
    5,000 lube-oil-filter service free of charge.
    2 Lexus key chains (one for you and your wife)
    Delivery of the vehicle to your home or business so you do not need to come back in to the store (with a Holiday bow on top!).
    A quality demonstration of the vehicle’s features for you and your wife conducted by an 18 year veteran Lexus Master Certified Product Consultant who will do an excellent job of continuing service after the sale.
  • mylexus7mylexus7 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone who had experienced buying lexus gx470 in san antonio,tx area, please post the final price that includes Nav.,3rd row seat,aircon and rear dvd entertainment.Those are just the options i really need.Thanks
    Those are all the options,. Everything else is negligible. had to get XM added for $926, when if you already have the NAV component is ridiculous. I walked out on a $46,500 offer and the dealer has not called back so looks like we are going to buy the BMW.X5 , are you looking at 2008 or 2009?
  • ekdalekdal Member Posts: 10
    I know it sounds odd considering the times, but I just had an awful experience with Lexus of Memphis. There's an 08 I'm interested in but I'm a little concerned about how rudely and crassly I was treated by one particular salesmen. I'm assuming it's just one bad apple. So If others have bought cars from here and had a good experience with a salesperson I'd be grateful if you could email me there name so I can go through someone else. Thanks.
  • jskimjskim Member Posts: 8
    Hi gray 11
    Can you be a little more specific on the options. What does every option include. Also, what area in the US are you.
    2008 with nav, dvd, loaded, all factory options, and dealer in Atlanta and in Mobile, AL met my price. I decided to wait - just scared of the economy right now. Would have bought back in Nov, but dealer had to play games before meeting my price, then it was too late.
  • lexusgirl2lexusgirl2 Member Posts: 3
    Would you please explain about "Tier 1 credit score" to get a lease in Lexus? I called a Lexus dealer this morning and got to know that they have no downpayment option if I have Tier 1 credit score. What should be my credit score?
  • dollar_savvydollar_savvy Member Posts: 4
    So I looked at Edmunds for the price on a new GX470 in the SF bay area. :confuse:
    The TMV comes to about $42680, but the dealer says that their invoice price is $47615.
    What Edm fails to count is the
    1 Dealer advertising cost $714
    2 Dealer hold back $952
    3 Financial reserve/floor cost $476 :P

Then there is the Accessories package, lexus link, Mark Levingston/Navigation package, rear seat/A/C, Towing prep, Preffered Accessories pkg,
    that EDM does not include in their base pricing.
    I say that is a VERY bad practice on their part as it provides mis-information to the consumer. :mad:
  • raycharles_manraycharles_man Member Posts: 4
    Hi-

I used the edmunds site as a guideline for my 08 GX470 last Sept/Oct. It provided me with a good idea what others paid, and what kind of $$ they left on the table. This is not a time to be timid with the dealers, you have to remind them that they need you more than you need them. Remember to seek the incentives of other autos in the GX's class and use that to show that better deals exist. I used the Acura and the Mercedes deals. For ~43k it better have the 3rd row seats, NAV, MarkLevsn audio, Wheel locks. This car doesn't sell itself and you need to remind the sales folks of that fact. There's a way they can beat that 47k price. This was my first Lexus and I am very happy with it.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    oh no. DO NOT pay for the ad fee. They make up those fees to get any penny out of you. You see McDonald's ads all the time, do you pay for ad fee when buying a hamburger?

Dealers should make money but not by lying about those garbage fees.
  • samfieldssamfields Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy a 2009 GX - anyone aware of any incentives out there re: APR or cash back? Car Man- what is the current money factor and residual (12K/year and 15k/year) if you know? Thanks!
  • lastlaflarlastlaflar Member Posts: 5
    No incentives currently offered on the 2009 GX. They may come in the next couple months.
  • zunk76zunk76 Member Posts: 2
    Fleetrates is a scam. These guys are not endorsed by or approved by ANY automotive factory. These guys broker a deal from a dealer to the customer at a healthy profit. The customer can ALWAYS purchase the vehicle directly from the dealer at a lower price.

There are also some credit card "irregularities" by the sales people which is now under investigation by the Florida attorney general. Fleetrates is nothing more than a boiler room under the direction of one DJ Ceresa, a rather unsavory character. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
  • ba_musketba_musket Member Posts: 28
    It's almost august. Any incentives yet, samfields :-)) I've found these car forums are great and it's been very useful for car buyer like me. I am in SF Bay Area and scouting for any good deal out there for 2009 GX. Anyone who bought one lately, or known prices paid pls chime in.

Thx
  • ba_musketba_musket Member Posts: 28
    There seems no action here on this forum. :(
    Did this foru move else wher without my knowing? :confuse:
    carman/dkyfdx? knock, knock... ;)
    Any one with purchase history on 2009 GX470 in the greater SF Bay Area, feel free to jump in...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Nothing has moved.... Little activity on the GX..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• farmer20farmer20 Member Posts: 16
    I am thinking to buy 2009 GX 470 with 3rd row and contacted two local Houston Lexus dealers, they sent identical price for the car

2009 GX 470 base price $48627

TH THIRD ROW SEAT WITH REAR AIR CONDITIONER $485
    E5 CHROME EXHAUST TIP $79
    DD REAR WIND DEFLECTOR $551
    TO TOW HITCH BRACKET $50

Total MSRP: $49845
    Offer price: $46988

Basically a less than $2000 discount from MSRP.

I calculated the ratio from the cost people posted here for 2008 GX 470 and you can see a very consistent number and that will be a good guideline for 2009 GX470 even noone posted here. Have not find a time to see the dealer.

Picked one in Edison NJ fro 47000. MSRP - 52895. Didn't take more than 20 minutes to take almost 6K off the sticker.

No rear DVD, no towing prep package.

Good luck to all those looking to buy one

88.86%

i just closed on a deal in dallas at sewell lexus. the internet department was absolutely fantastic and i am excited to have my car shipped to me in a few weeks.

Here is my gx:

nav/levinson
    tow package
    preferred accessories
    spolier
    third row

msrp: 53089
    invoice: 46547

87.68%

The MSRP was $52,668 and includes Nav/Mark Lev, 3rd row, mats, wheel locks, cargo net, spoiler, and tow hitch with ball. The invoice was $46,153 and I picked it up two days ago for $46,500+TTL. Probably could have got it for less if I waited for the end of month, but wife was impatient since ext/int color was what she wanted. Anoher dealer offered $46,200 but without tow hitch nor spoiler. Good luck in your search.

88.29%

I just got an offer for an 08 GX470 with the following:
    12k miles per year/48 months
    Mark Levinson Audio Package
    NAVIGATION
    3rd Row Seat w/ Air
    Tow Prep Package

List price $51365
    neg price $45419

88.42%

FYI for anyone buying in Houston Texas:

I just picked up an 08 with same options as dude above: The MSRP was $52,668 and includes Nav/Mark Lev, 3rd row, mats, wheel locks, cargo net, spoiler, and tow hitch with ball for $46.2 + TTL - Is that a good deal?

87.72%
  • 2bcool2bcool Member Posts: 3
    The guys in SoCal are selling them below invoice right now. They are also telling me that there will be a pretty hefty price hike for the 2010s due to the new style. Anyone heard how much of a price spike?