Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hubertphubertp Member Posts: 2
    Good Afternoon:

I was at the lexus website and there is still no mention of the 3rd row seat as being standard item. Also, since it is a standard item (04?), does that mean that they are really taking the $2K+ option of the 3rd row seat? Finally, did you find the information thur the dealer? or (?)

Thanks
    Hubert
  • ttcttc Member Posts: 17
    Hubert, the dealer mail the info to me thru regular mail saying 3rd row seat is standard, so 2K off the MSRP.
  • ttcttc Member Posts: 17
    sychan, agree with you, the 44.2k price is great.
    by the way, i did a test drive and also experienced the vibration issue, so it would be advisable to thoroughly test drive the one you want to own before you take it home.
  • sychansychan Member Posts: 12
    Roni,

The dealer informed me my truck should be porting in the next couple days so probably next week is when it should arrive at his place. Hope all goes well and if/once I purchase it, will be happy to post the dealer info then.

TTC,

This annoying vibration issue, as well as the thumping problem and wind noise other owners have mentioned on this site (as well as others), is the most frustrating part of buying a GX now. I will be taking a very long and thorough test drive on the one I will be purchasing so hopefully this won't be a problem. But who knows, it may not show up then, but sometime in the future after I put down my $$$. This was the one big reason I was thinking of holding off until the '05 models come out. Also, I could have purchased and already taken home this truck last week from another dealer who had the color/options I wanted on his lot but was hoping the newest builds would have fixed many of these problems which is why I waited.
  • scott1scott1 Member Posts: 50
    After a couple weeks of driving just about every vehicle I thought I could possibly choose, I settled on a new 04 GX470 and signed the deal on saturday. The dealer I bought from has the fully loaded meridian blue with dark leather, coming in sometime in the next week.

I traded in my 04 Cadillac CTS on it. I considered the Cadillac SRX, STS, and Escalade, as well as the VW Taureg, but the smooth , quiet, refined ride of the GX won me over. The interior on the Lexus was I think the final piece that pushed me to the GX 470, it simply outclassed all of the competition.

When I went to negotiate the buy, my sales woman mentioned the price drop with the inclusion of the rear seat thingy without the 2,000 extra charge. I got it for 50,000, which is probably about as well as I could have done in the Milwaukee area, being that both lexus dealers have the same owner. I gave some thought to waiting for an 05 with the revised engine, but I did extensive test driving of the current version, and found it to be exceptional as it is.
  • hubertphubertp Member Posts: 2
    Thanks
  • ronironi Member Posts: 14
    Thanks i appreciated the message and hope every thing goes well for u / i would be waiting for ur reply

Roni
  • kimtkimt Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me what's going on with the 3rd row seat. I have read some post that seem to indicate that the 3rd row seat is now included without any charge.

I just priced a 2004 GX470 at Lexus.com and yes the 3rd seat appears to be included at no charge.

I called Lexus Customer Assistance and they were clueless about this. Needless to say the only local dealer in New Orleans is also clueless on this issue or so they would lead you to believe.

Help!! I'm ready to get a GX470 but I need some concrete information on the 3rd row seat pricing.
  • oddmomoddmom Member Posts: 6
    I'm getting a quote of $48,000 (not incl tax,lic,etc) for a GX with NAV, RES, KDSS and spoiler. Doesn't look like they're going to budge from there. It's almost 3500 off MSRP; but I think it's $4K or so over invoice. Seems a bit high considering how late it is in the model year. Looking for opinions!

I *think* I want the dorado gold, but I haven't seen one in person. Online pics look great, but I don't want it to be too dark. for ex, the ash blue mica is a lot darker in person than it looks online. Anyone have the gold? Is it gorgeous? Would you say it's light, med or dark?

Thanks!
  • oddmomoddmom Member Posts: 6
    When I visited the dealership early last week, they mentioned that the 3rd row was now standard/no extra charge. This week I'm looking at buying one and when they quote prices, there is no extra $ for the 3rd row, and they aren't trying to use it as a selling point - it's now just included. And, as you said, the Lexus site has the 3rd row included. The gx I priced at the website had the same msrp as what the dealer showed me (no extra for 3rd row). You are RIGHT, your dealer is uninformed.
  • allan4allan4 Member Posts: 3
    go for the dorado gold...we just bought the gx470 in the dorado gold and its gorgeous.....dirt doesnt show as much either....i'm sure same thing with scratches....also not as many on the road int his color so it's a little different
  • allan4allan4 Member Posts: 3
    I'm not in so cal...i'm in houston...but the website must not be updated yet...but i have seen the 3rd row seats at no charge with my own eyes listed on the newest 04's....i bought my used '04 from a porsche dealership here in houston...sorry cant help you muchwith price on a new one....it does seem that san diego dealers are offering the best prices.....
    I did some checking and got in touch with my internet contact in Texas at Sewell Lexus of Forth Worth.

He was straight up with me. 3rd seat is free now.

He also quoted me a great price. If I can't get the dealer in Louisiana to get close to it I will make the deal with him.

I also got info from my local dealer internet slaes guy and he knows about the free 3rd row seat. Funny thing that this info never made it to the sales folks on the floor:).
  • akarandeakarande Member Posts: 7
    I have been browsing the SUV forums the last couple of weeks, besides test driving the cars, and have finally put a GX470 in my garage. Paid 44K + tax and title for a 04 model with Nav and third row at Difeo Lexus, NJ.
  • jtscjtsc Member Posts: 2
    rande, may I know what color it is? love to know, who should i take to. Best
    I was going to purchase a truck with Nav/MLS plus the 3rd row seats this week for $44.2K but now with the seats free, I'll be passing on this deal and waiting a bit until we get closer to the year end model.
    Black with Sand interior, though silver w/ gray was my first preference.
    I believe the price of $44.2k you were getting already included the discount for the 3rd row seats.

If I could get the vehicle in Louisiana for that price I would jump on it. As it stands the best prie I got so far was in Texas. $46.8k w/nav and $42.3k w/o nav.

Local delaer in New Orleans talking about $47.4k w/nav.
  • beezy21beezy21 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know when the 05 models will actually be available? Are certain colors/interiors harder to find? I had a saleswoman tell me the blizzard pearl is impossible to get, especially w/grey interior. Also, what is a good deal for a 04 model with everything except Kinetic and RES?
    Lexus Customer Assistance told me the 05's will be out in December. My guy in Texas confirmed this. I did not request any info on colors, etc. Be careful of what a salesman tells you. Some of them want you to buy what they have on the lot. Not what you want.

AS I stated in a earlier post the dealership in Texas is taking about $4,500k of sticker plus the $2,030K deduction for the 3rd row seat. Folks in other parts of the country are doing better. In Louisiana the deals or worse(See my earlier post).
    Has anyone run into a similiar situation where the dealer tells you the vehicle you requested is at the port in New Jersey, w/a "sold sign" and it should only be a matter of days? After reading some earlier postings I am worried this is a delay tactic and in reality they will still sell to highest bidder. Starting to think about going elsewhere. Considering it is a cash deal, you think they would be trying a little harder.
    I am beggining to wonder now that why is lexus giving free 3rd row and adding more power may be there is a reason that this low power engine may be causing this stering problems and have too many in stock that is causing lexus to do so.i drove one and is still problem with stering on free way for 60 -65 miles . may be i should wait for 05 models any one has any insight

roni
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    beezy21,

Well the dealer is definately lying about a sold sign on your car at the port. They port doesn't know what the dealer sells and they don't care.

If your dealer gave you a VIN# to the car and you put a deposit on it you should get it. Sometimes cars do get held up at port past when they say it will be shipped out. You should ask your dealer for the report that they get of exactly your car at the port and what day it is expected to be shipped. The dealer has exactly what is in their allocation from the manufacturer(with VIN#, color, trim, features, options, etc.) and the approx. date it should arrive at port from Japan.

The dealer would honestly rather have you lease or finance the car thru them. That way they make the profit on the sale plus they get a piece of the finance/interest charges that you pay. Paying cash for a car is the last thing the dealer want's to hear.
    Hi Max,
    Just a quick question for you (or whoever)Are all GX's manufactured in Japan, or do they manufacture some in Canada, like the RX? Wasn't sure. Can you answer my question about certain colors being harder to get? Also, if I am expecting my vehicle by the end of September, what month was it most likely produced?
  • amdelaamdela Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my GX470 last sunday from Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA. I paid 42,200 for it. It is the basic one w/out the nav. system. Is this a good price? I love it, but I want to see if this was a good price. Thx
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    What would be the best price one could get a 2004 GX470 with 3rd row, Nav and rear entertainment? According to Edmunds, the vehicle has an MSRP of $52,640, an invoice of $45,440. Is $1,000 over invoice possible? Better than that? I don't pay attention to Edmunds TMV, since the last two cars I bought (Honda S2000 and Acura TL) were done at prices that were $3,000 and $2,000 under the then current TMV respectively. I'm good, but not that good.

Also, Edmunds still lists the third row as an option, but I seem to recall seeing others indicating it is now included in the (same) base price? That's a $2,000 swing item alone.

Final question: KDSS? For those that have it, your comment on how it improves, if at all, highway driveing and general handling. We will not be off-roading much, and wouldn't get it just for that.

Thanks in advance for responses.
    hi lookaround as i think if u look around sure u will find something around 44+ with 3rd row being standard all u have to pay is navig and entertainment system would not give 1000 over invoice
    Just posted this on another thread, but I will post it here too as I am hoping for a speedy response. Are all GX's built after a certain date the 9700C model? How can you tell for sure, is this number part of the VIN or is it listed seperately on the vehicle somewhere? Have heard lots of references to the differences between the 9700B and 9700C models and not sure what the difference is...
    The price you can get depends on the area of the country you live in. From what I have seen on this board, if you live in the California or New York area you should be able to do really well.

Down south the deals are not as good. Go to Lexus.com and search the dealers in your area. You can send them all an email/quickquote with the exact specs that you want and they will email you a price. Some will reply with a phone number to call them for the price. However you should get enoungh responses by email to get a good idea what vehicles in your area are going for. Additionally you should do the same thing for dealers in neighboring states. You may have to travel a few miles to get the best deal or use the out of state info to work your best deal in state.

As far as the 3rd row seat goes...it is now included as part of the base price. It may not appear on some older window stickers but Lexus has advised the dealers that the MSRP should be reduced by $2,030.00. Don't let a dealer tell you otherwise! You can also verify this online at lexus.com.

I am in the process of cutting my deal and I will finalize tomorrow.
    Although the 3rd row seat is part of the base price, my dealer informed me the rear spoiler and tow package would now be standard on all incoming '04 GX's with Nav/MLS - at least in Southern CA. So while you're saving the $2030 MSRP from the seats, you'll have to add $970 MSRP for these 2 'options'.
    That was the case with mione. Just picked it up this afternoon. It has the Nav/MLS, rear dvd system, and also came with rear spoiler and and tow package. I didn't really mind though, the spoiler looks good on the truck, and the hitch mat come in handy too.

Mine was listed as a 9700G build on my window sticker, and had a build date of 8/04.

I've only put 10 miles on it so far, and just spent the whole evening sitting in it in the garage with owners manual in hand. I think I've got it all figured out now. That rear entertainment system is really nice. very versatile, once you get the hang of how it works, fairly intuitive to use.

The Nav system was pretty easy, but I had a similiar one in my 04 Cadillac CTS that I traded in, so I had a head start on that.
  • italyitaly Member Posts: 3
    How much did you pay for your vehicle? Was there any vibration between 60 and 65 MPH?? Do you have Michelin x-terrains or Dunlops on the truck? After serving here in the Middle East for the last 10 months, I figure that I would buy my wife a GX470 as a coming home gift. But I need to return and I don't want to leave her with a truck with problems.
    The MSRP on the sticker was $51,938.00, with the third row seat,rear AC, rear seat ebtertainment system, Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio package, hitch bracket, tow hitch w ball mount, preferred accessory package, rear spoiler, and shipping. I paid $50,000.00 for it, but they also gave me a good amount for my 04 cadillac CTS that I traded in. In some parts of the country, I'm sure you can do better, but there are two lexus dealers in the Milwaukee area, both under common ownership.

I had the vehicle out this morning fdor a nice long drive. I had it up to 80 on the freeway, absolutely no vibration at any speed. No driveline thunps that others have mentioned, and no abrupt shifting. It ran smooth, straight and really quiet at highway speeds, I couldn't hear the engine at all..just a small amount of wind rush around the mirrors. Nothing at all objectionable.

Mine came equipped with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires. They ride nice and smooth and quiet.
  • italyitaly Member Posts: 3
    Scott1

Thanks for your help. Glad to hear that the vibration is gone. I was getting a little worried since my wife has her heart set on the truck.
  • romrom Member Posts: 2
    Hi akarande, Did you get the rear entertainment system as well at the price above ? I am in NJ and am currently getting a price of about 47K for a 04' from my dealer in Lawrenceville with the options you mention plus the rear entertainment system.
  • wbhubbert3wbhubbert3 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the informative posts. Had/Have 1991 and 2001 4Runner but now convinced to purchase GX470 (especially after driving one). Questions: 1) Best estimate on 2004 vs. 2005 gas mileage? 2) I've been told it's either KDSS or the towing system. As we have a 2004 F-150 if we need to tow, is the KDSS that much an advantage on local streets and mountain highways? 3) Is there a dealer in Washington, Oregon, Idaho or Montana anyone would highly recommend? Thanks.
    The deal has been made and the GX470 is in my garage. Paid $45,800.00 plus T,T & L.

Sewell Lexus of Dallas Forth Worth Texas. You can get this quote off the iternet from the internet sales manager. I got quotes from most dealers within 500 miles of my home. Others came close but did not have the color combination I wanted. Also after I made my deal I got a response from a dealer in Georgia(I believe the name was Hennessey) that said they guarantee not to be undersold. So maybe I could have saved a few more hundred. Anyway I'm happy with the deal and the vehicle. The internet manager at Sewell was straight up about the 3rd row seat. No bulling me around that he was doing me a favor or giving me a deal by not charging for the 3rd row seats.

I got Navigation with Mark Levinson Audio system, rear view camera(makes me want to stay in reverse just to look at the screen),Preferred Accessory Pkg(Cargo mat, cargo net, wheel locks-(I still have not found the key for the wheel locks),Hitch, Hitch Tow receiver with ball mount, 3rd row seats(I hope that they don't dry rot in my attic), rear a/c, spoiler. I did not get the rear seat entertainment system. I think maybe I would have if I had known before hand that you can work the navigation system from the back seat if you have the rear seat entertainment system(too late now).

All in all I'm quite happy.
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    indeed, lexus confirmed December 12th as release date. no brochure yet? can some one list link to specs on 2005 model, pricing and fact of 285 horsepower..I'll really appreciate..thnx
    The November issue of Motor Trend has a truck/suv buyers guide that gives info on the 05. The base engine in the GX will remain the 235 hp 4.7L version that we currently have. Soon after the start of the 05 model year, a sport model will be offered that will have the KDSS standard and include a 270 hp version of the 4.7L engine.
    Well I finally got my new GX a few days ago. Overall very happy with how things are going so far, absolutely no vibration or thump, even though I only have 50 miles on it. Truck drives amazing. For those of you who were hesitant to ink a deal because of the so-called "glitches", I would say Lexus has taken care of the problem just in time for the 2005's. Mine is a 2004-(9700 G model) I also feel the horsepower is more than sufficient for most city folk. Would definitely recommend this truck to anyone considering an SUV in this price and size bracket. I have friends who have the X5 BMW, and they spent the same money I did without getting ANY of the options I have. Seems kinda silly, but whatever floats your boat. I guess if torque(performance) is THAT big of a priority over luxury, comfort, amenities, and the best service in the business then you better pass on the GX......
  • gxfangxfan Member Posts: 11
    akarande,
    That's a great deal .... any chance you can email me the saleman's name, phone ... etc to "longson@lvc.edu"
    Thanks!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Please see the red print in the Post a Message box :-)

Steve, Host
    Enjoy your new Lexus..I know I am. I picked mine up last friday, and havn't found anything to complain about at all. I find that when I buy a new car, I have to listen to the car while I drive until I am totally comfortable with it. That means no radio or music. With my 04 Cadillac CTS that I traded in on the GX, I drove it for over 6 months and never had that comfort level. I was always listening for the next rattle or problem.

I loaded up the cd changer on the Mark Levinson system in my GX today, and was enjoying the music all day as I drove.
    No, it was without the entertainment system. I live in the area too and did go to Lawrence Lexus - their salespeople are absolutely top notch, but the pricing is not close to what you get at other places..... Also, I remember reading somewhere that the real spoiler is now free, so that cuts another 500 from the price.
    nice....enjoy the ride.
    [QUOTE] Also, I remember reading somewhere that the real spoiler is now free, so that cuts another 500 from the price. [UNQUOTE]

I don't believe the rear spoiler has been made a no charge. I just picked mine up last friday, the the sticker showed the NC on the rear seat/ac, but still listed the charge for the spoiler. Has anyone heard differently?
    Turns out I read it on this forum. Posting #349 alludes to it.
    Ahh..I just re read that post. I believe you misunderstood what was said. The writer said that the GX's being brought in now would come with the spoiler and tow hitch as standard. He also stated that those two items would be charged for. Not free, just put on all of the models being imported.
  • lexus411lexus411 Member Posts: 12
    Hello to all,

Anyone found a great deal on the GX in the NC area. My local dealer, Johnson Lexus, never has quoted me a good price. The deal they quoted me was $2500 off list, which is NO deal at all compared to some I see on this board.

I am wanting the NAV and ML plus of course I want to get the latest build.

Thanks if you can help.....
    I got about $2,000.00 off list in the Milwaukee area a couple weeks ago. I could probably have done somewhat better by shopping in the Chicago area where there are more Lexus dealers, but I'm happy with the deal and buying experience I got here. Lexus of Brookfield, WI, where I bought, is close to my house, and has an excellent reputation for customer service. That has added value to me.