Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rick40rick40 Member Posts: 4
    Although I have recently purchased a 2006 GX470 in Orange County, California, I am still receiving Internet quotes from various dealers via their automated e-mail system. Long story short, just received an internet fleet quote from a So Cal dealer for a November sales event advertising all 2006 GX470's for a cost of FACTORY INVOICE.

Which means that if I would have waited another month I would saved the $1300 (over factory invoice)I paid. OUCH!
  • 97edwardc97edwardc Member Posts: 13
    FACTORY INVOICE? Can you name the dealer? What site did you use for your internet search? I'm in the market (most likely next month) and I understand from one dealer that they have their annual sales event in December, starting on the 5th. Sounds like your guy may be jumping the gun?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national paper would like to hear from consumers who are back looking at SUVs with the drop in fuel prices. If you have a story to share about how you had put your search on hold, but are now looking at SUVs again, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info., city/state of residence, and the make/model(s) that you are looking for no later than Wednesday, November 9, 2005

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

The dealer is Crown Lexus, Ontario CA. Here is a partial copy of the text:

The Internet Department at Crown Lexus is proud to announce our?November Sales Event on all 2006 GX 470s.

Through November 30, 2006, all GX 470s will be sold to our customers for a special Internet price of??FACTORY INVOICE!

This computes to savings from $6,214 on the base model to $7,559 on the navigation/rear entertainment/sport package model.

Basically for the internet search I just went to each dealers internet site and requested internet quotes. We are lucky that So Cal has so many Lexus dealers within the area we live (within an hour to 2 hours drive). There are probably at least 10 dealers in this greater So Cal region.

Good Luck!
  • 97edwardc97edwardc Member Posts: 13
    Thank you, that's great information!!!
  • nato32597nato32597 Member Posts: 3
    Any idea if this is a national promotion or limited to So. Cal dealers or just this dealer? What a great deal on this vehicle!
  • rajv1rajv1 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for this info. I contacted them ( I live in Minneapolis!!!) and even with the $ 950 shipping charge, what a deal. The dealer here is no where close to this price...
    Thanks Guys.
  • oochooch Member Posts: 2
    This is with nav. and dvd .. Is it a good price????
  • hopeitsfridayhopeitsfriday Member Posts: 396
    Thats about $1700 over invoice, not a very good buy. Should be able to get under a $1000 in my opinion.
  • oochooch Member Posts: 2
    WOW!! I would have never knew.. What is the invoice on this car?The dealer said they have no room to bargain at this price.. He also said he would throw in tint and car starter for 49,600.. What do you think and what advice can you give??
    If you research Edmunds new car valve, the invoice price for a 06 GX with nav, res, 3rd row seats, spoiler, Preferred Accessory Package and Hitch Bracket Bracket is $47050. Add another $500 for TDA, thats Toyota's advertising fee. That comes to about $47500. The price you mentioned, $49200 is about $1700 over invoice. I am sure you can do better.
    The dealer's cost for the tint is worth about $200 for both windows and remote starter is worth about $300. Assuming if you really want either of those options.

Good Luck
  • BobsGT235BobsGT235 Member Posts: 63
    I just purchased a new 06 GX right off the boat with Nav/ML, 3rd row seat w/air, rear spoiler, preferred acc. pkg and the tow hitch bracket for $46,880. plus TT&L. They also threw in the Lexus all weather mats and the WeatherTech cargo liner. That was the best deal I could find in the entire Northeast.
    Folks
    The price I am getting is $ 49100 which includes EVERYTHING
    Rear ent, Sports package, spoiler,Nav, 3rd row ,towpackage everything...
    I am going for it
  • rappcovarappcova Member Posts: 24
    Did you buy it from Crown Lexus in Ontario, CA, or did you find another dealer that would meet their good prices?? You have a good deal, indeed--you're paying about $4,000 less than I paid exactly 30 days ago. I still have bad dreams about my deal!
  • king2502king2502 Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to buy a GX 470 without third row seats, in reality? I don't need them, and thus don't want to pay an extra $1300-2000 for them. My local dealer told me I'd have to special order, and they would charge me extra for that, so it would not be worth trying to get one without the third row seats. Anyone have other info on this? Thanks.
    The third row seat on the GX is what is call a forced option, every GX has it but it is optional. What a rip off.
  • lexus10lexus10 Member Posts: 3
  • lexus10lexus10 Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased a '06 GX. It is fully loaded, including sport package. The MSRP was $57800. After a few weeks of negotiating the best I could get was $5000 off the sticker. I paid $52700.I also paid cash. Through my research, I thought this was a pretty good price. What do you think? Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • rappcovarappcova Member Posts: 24
    I'm not sure how you reached $57,800--I can't "build" a car on Edmunds or KBB that totals that much. But that's beside the point. I think you did really well. The best discount from MSRP I've read in this forum is around $7,000. Correspondents often forget to say whether they financed their car or paid cash. I have a theory that you get a better discount if you finance with Lexus. Also, people often don't say whether they traded in a car to the Lexus dealer. There can be trade-offs there too. But your $5,000 discount is great. You should be smiling!
  • genemachine2genemachine2 Member Posts: 6
    I just received an email about a "December to Remember" sale event at Coliseum Lexus of Oakland, where they claim to be selling al GX 470's in stock for $1 over invoice. Are there any hidden fees/catches I should be on the lookout for?
    Seems TGTBT.
    I purchased a 2006 GX470 in October. The only fee that was not consistent with the Edmunds invoice pricing was the addition of the LDA ( which I understand to be the Lexus Dealer Advertising) fee of about $350-500. Except for TTL which should be easily calculated. As for your deal see above emails regarding invoice pricing here in So Cal.

This is a good deal; Go for it!
  • honerhoner Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy an '06 GX in Dec. There are currently 4 (soon to be 5) Lexus dealers in the Phoenix area, not to mention 2 more in Tucson. Anyone have good or bad buying experiences with any recently? Any one dealer more willing to negotiate than another? Thanks.
  • prettyboyprettyboy Member Posts: 1
    I just got started looking for a 2006 GX.

Here is a price I was quoted. I am a newbie and could use some advice.

2006 GX 470
    - Navigation
    - M. Levinson
    - Rear Entertainment

MSRP: $54,182
    Quote: $48,283

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I live in Southern California.
  • arcee1arcee1 Member Posts: 1
    I the lowest price quote I received in New York is for 46,900 with navigation (which includes the 3 row seating).

I am ready to buy and am not sure if I should try to bargain more.

thanks
    RC
  • george31george31 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of buying a 2006 GX 470 Loaded w/Sport package to include delivery costs to Florida from a Southern California dealership. As part of your purchase you mentioned a $600 shipping charge to MN. Could you forward the details of the company who delivered your vehicle. I am finding transportation costs between $1100 and $1500. Thanks.
  • gvsbreddygvsbreddy Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I am from Tampa, Florida. I fell in love with the Lexus GX 470 at the first. I went to my local dealer to get a price on GX470 with nav, res and 3rd row seats. I got a final out of door price for $53,500. I offered my final price for $49,500 out of door. It did not work and had to come back. Can someone advice me the best deal for the options I am seeking for.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello,
    I live in Tampa, FL. I got a deal for my 2006 GX 470 for $48,124 and I signed up for the deal. I hope it is a real good deal. I think your quote is close to mine and a decent one too. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
  • hll62hll62 Member Posts: 1
    Hello: I am in the market for the GX470 in the twin cities. Did you purchase in the twin cities or elsewhere?
    I would appreciate any detailed info. that you could provide. THANKS!
    Hello,

I purchased the car from Lexus of clearwater. It was certainly a good because I got the final sale price very close to the invoice price. Thanks
  • lovingmylexuslovingmylexus Member Posts: 7
    Okay! I just found a Lexus GX 470 MSRP $55,300 with most options. They offered after much negotiationg $667 per month out the door. They originally said $800 a month Is this comparable to what you all pay??

12 thousand miles a year
    36 month lease

THANKS!!!
    Hi
    I bought it at Twin Cities.
    MUST use the quote from Lexus Dealerships in CA to match the price + shipping cost..
    So Invoice + $ 850 would be ur target
    I bought one with everything on it
    Sports Package, Rear ent, tow package, Nav etc.....
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    I got a 2006 GX 470 with everything except sports package for 48,200. MSRP was 55,200. They also trew in chrome wheels worth $1500 for only $1000. How did I do?

P.S. I didnt know you could get a remote starter, is that an accesory?
  • sf_driversf_driver Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

I was quoted a flat $850 over invoice for a 2006 GX470. Is this any good?

It's from an out of state dealer so I'd have an additional ~$750 in shipping.

I'm planning on contacting my local dealer and seeing what they are interested in offering.

Thanks.
  • richardhomdrichardhomd Member Posts: 2
    Just placed an order for 2006 Lexus GX470 with 3rd row seating/rear air, Nav/Mark Levinson audio, rear dvd entertainment, preferred accessory package. MSRP $54152. Got it for $48000 + $129 doc fee, so about $1500 over invoice. I think it's a good deal for the southeast. Got quotes on Edmunds from Atlanta and Nashville lexus dealers.
  • wombat5wombat5 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a 2006 GX470 in Chicago or preferably the northern suburbs. Haven't seen anything about local pricing here.
    Looking for: NAV/Levinson,3rd Row Seat/Air,Rear DVD. MSRP $54,152. What is a good price in this area and which dealer? Best approach to get this price? What are the additional charges that are valid and not valid. Have gotten quotes in the high $48,000s so far.

Thanks
  • ocheng76ocheng76 Member Posts: 2
    $47500 for ML/GPS, 3rd row, rear dvd. This is the best price I've seen in the Bay Area, CA, Make sure everyone gets that 5.25% interest rate they're offering until Jan 3rd.
  • jesellejeselle Member Posts: 1
    Hi-ocheng76 That is an amazing deal, they actually signed the car over to you for $47,500 or was that just a quote?? The 5.25% rate (purchase not lease right) you got was for 60 mths or 72 mths, what term was it for?? Can you tell me the Name & City of the dealership you went to.
  • imabotaimabota Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone know why the GX has not been crash tested yet? Is it because Lexus doesn't want it tested? Also, is there any way to check on actual roll over incidence by car model? I'm trying to decide between RX and GX...I like both and both would suit my needs. I'm wondering which is safer in a crash...I see it like this: GX has weight advantage but RX has been crash tested and is likely more stable and probably handles better in emergency maneuvers. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
    It is not up to Lexus if they want the NHTSA to crash test their car or not, it is up NHTSA. The NHTSA probably didn't test the GX because it has already tested the 4runner which has the same chassis. The roll over rating for the GX is actually pretty good for a SUV that tall, it is because it is a body on frame design and most of the weight is on the lower half. The RX's roll over rating is a bit better, thats because it has lower ground clearance. IMO, the GX would be safer in a carsh due to it ladder frame design and the added weight. Both the RX and the GX are not good handling SUVs, theya re not design for that. Normally the RX handles a bit better tahn the GX but if you add the KDSS to the GX, the GX will handle much better than the RX.

Good Luck
  • ocheng76ocheng76 Member Posts: 2
    $47500 was the actual purchase price, not a quote. The 5.25% was on a 60 month(it was a purchase), no pre-payment penalty. I purchased it at Oakland Lexus. Hope that helps!
  • hiworldhiworld Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,
    recently i got quote for "2005 Lexus GX470 in Silver Pine with Ivory Leather with the Navigation, Rear DVD Entertainment Sport Package" for $45,995. and delear still want to work on price if i take delevery before 31st dec.
    is it good price for 2005 model?? I just started my shop arround for GX470. please tell me difference between 2005 and 2006 model year.
    thanks,
    hiworld1
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    Sounds like a great price to me for what appears to be a loaded GX.
  • tf2003tf2003 Member Posts: 1
    Just brought new 2006 Lexus GX 470 in bay area, Nav/ML, Rear Seat Entertainment System, Third Row Seat w/ AC, Preferred Accessory Package, basically everything except sporty package (I don’t need KDSS and not fan of dark gray leather).

MSRP: $55211
    Price: $47300 + license/registration/tax

Hope this helpful, have fun, it is great truck, be sure test the driver seat.
  • ntuntu Member Posts: 9
    I'm thinking of buying a GX470 and already own a RX330. Does anyone know if there are any loyalty discounts? If so, how would I get my hands on such a discount (I think in the past they sent me some fliers but I have looked and can't find it anylonger).

Thanks in advance.
  • streetsterstreetster Member Posts: 23
    I live in the middle-east and here we don't get as much cars as people in America. For eg. the entire acura range, lexus GX etc. I wanted to show everyone this pic. This is the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, and after doing a lot of research, I have come to know that this SUV is a toyota badged Lexus GX470. But, it comes with a 4-litre V6 262HP engine producing 38.1kg-m torque (here we use metric units). I just wanted know the exact performance figures for the GX and if this car really is a re-badged GX.

And one more thing, the fully loaded version of this car with leather seats (3-ros) sat nav, nakamichi 10 speaker audioetc. comes for only $30,000!!
  • ntuntu Member Posts: 9
    First let me thank the other forum members for their postings. I just bought my lexus GX470 in the bay area and used the information on this site to negotiate my deal.

MSRP: 57800 (full loaded, sports, nav, etc.)
    Out the Door Price: 54800

Bought the car for invoice and was able to get a decent amount for my trade-in as well.

Great Car - I am very happy with my purchase.
  • rale_drvrrale_drvr Member Posts: 3
    Anybody seen any good deals/know of a dealer willing to quote in the Mid Atlantic area? I got a quote for a loaded (Lexus Link/Rear DVD/NAV/3rd row seat...sticker of 55K, quote for 50K from one of the local buying services. Based on what I'm reading, that's not a great deal and I was wondering where else to look. Thanks.
  • dreintndreintn Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in buying a 2007 Lexus GX. I was wondering if anyone has heard if there will be any major changes and if XM radio will be offered as a standard option? Has anyone who bought a 2006 put in XM? Has anyone who bought a 2006 used LexusLink and could tell me more information about how it works? Sincere thanks!
  • dreintndreintn Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me where you bought your vehicle? How did you get the invoice price?
  • richardhomdrichardhomd Member Posts: 2
    Lexus of Nashville in Brentwood, TN. They were easy to work with. Picked up my new Lexus on Dec. 23rd. You can get the invoice price from edmunds, but I found Consumer Reports new car pricing info to be most useful because it included dealer incentives/holdbacks and gives you a better estimate of what the true dealer "invoice" is. I would not rely on edmunds TMV pricing for the TN area. I got almost $5000 off what the edmunds TMV price was for the Nashville/Atlanta area.

Good luck. It's a great SUV.