Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• c280manc280man Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a Lexus dealer in the Houston area that will sell a GX for $750 to $1,000 over invoice? Salesman name? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• scooter14scooter14 Member Posts: 3
    Are there any buying experiences for the GX 470 in Charlotte? Will likely be pulling the trigger in the next few weeks and would appreciate any feedback on pricing for Charlotte.
  • felix1973felix1973 Member Posts: 1
    I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HEARD OF ANY GOOD DEALS ON 2006 LEXUS GX470 LEASE FOR 36MONTHS IN OHIO/INDIANA/KY/ILL AREA

THANKS

FELIX
  • rale_drvrrale_drvr Member Posts: 3
    I worked a deal with Flow Lexus in Kernersville NC(outside of Greensboro) today for invoice (approx 46,800 + $390 "doc fee". Raleigh dealer offered $49,400, Richmond VA dealer was the almost the same. Just for grins, I tried JM Lexus in Florida, and could get invoice on an 05, but could only get 51K for a 06. Flow guy was pretty straightforward....asked me what it would take to do a deal and I said invoice...called me back in 5 min and said "deal"....but doc fee was non-negotiable. Based on what I've been reading and other offers I received, this seems to be pretty good to me.
  • BobsGT235BobsGT235 Member Posts: 63
    The GX will not have a major change till the 2009 model year. You can install either XM or Sirius on the 06 GX. Many have done it to their GX.
  • scooter14scooter14 Member Posts: 3
    Had the same experience at Flow Lexus. I was negotiating with Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte. Hendrick was offering $52,100 for MSRP of $55,726. Hendrick came in with an initial offer of $54,200. My offer was $48,500. They came back with a reduction of $2,100 to $52,100. I told them I would be checking around and felt I could get a better price, but they were not willing to play. I don't think they believed me.

Called Flow Lexus in Kernsville and within 5 minutes had a deal for invoice (approx $49,000). Out the door price with tax, title, tags, etc. was $50,909.

MSRP: $55,726
    Mark Levinson/Nav, Third row seat, towing package, accessory package, dealer installed dual headrest DVD player.

Thanks to the board, especially rale_drvr for posting their experiences.
  • rale_drvrrale_drvr Member Posts: 3
    Glad it worked out twice.
  • horns1976horns1976 Member Posts: 56
    The other day, I was at the local Chevy dealer. I drove a 2007 Tahoe. To make a long story short, when I was in the salesman's office, he had a copy of a Lexus sticker on his desk. I asked him what was up with that. He said a guy was trading in a 2006 "470" on a 2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4. I said something like, "I guess he didn't like the Lexus." The reply was, "I guess not."

I assume that the "470" is a GX470. He said it was a 2006. I didn't ask about options or mileage. If I find out details, where's the best place to find the value of this "used" vehicle?? KBB doesn't include 2006 used vehicles? Also, what kind of gas mileage can one expect from this vehicle??

Thanks.
  • lexus10lexus10 Member Posts: 3
    I bought my brand new GX 2 months ago. So far, after 3000 miles I'm averaging 15.6 miles per gallon. Not great. But the vehicle is awesome. No complaints.
  • bdl99bdl99 Member Posts: 5
    What should I be expecting to pay for 2006 GX470 with NAV and 3rd row. I'm in NJ in case that makes any difference.
    I saw one at a dealer on Friday with an MSRP of $53,143 and want to know what a good deal would be.

I posted a message to the lease section as well, but if anyone can anyone tell me what I could expect as a top Tier MF for 36 month lease I would also appreciate it.

thanks
    My 06 GX had the same list price and back in November I paid $46,800 plus TT&L. I did have the dealer throw in the Lexus all weather mats F&R, Weathertech cargo liner (better than the Lexus version) and a bottle of touch-up paint. You should be able to get that vehicle now for invoice which is $45,798. Even at that price they are still making at least $1,062 on the holdback they will get from Lexus.
  • jimmyjumpjimmyjump Member Posts: 4
    Streetster,

Yes that is the Toyota badged GX470. I am not sure of the content differences but it should be very similar but wont have all of the luxury contents that the lexus does. You probably wont miss them and will get a much better deal than us poor Americans. Plus you most likely have engine options as the Prado I have been in while in Japan was a diesel.

Got to lover the corner mirror on the non-US versions.

You can get the engine figures off this site.
  • cdfwifecdfwife Member Posts: 37
    Thank you for posting the link to Crown Lexus in Ontario, Calif back in December. I brought home our new GX on Sunday. Dealer honored original quote from December for a 36 mo lease, 15k miles per year, money factor .0012, truck was priced at invoice. Put down $1000 which included first payment. Payment per month is $630 and change. The GX is fairly loaded w nav, ml stereo, spoiler, tow hitch, chrome exhaust. This is a great vehicle, no regrets. Hour and a half drive was worth the deal. My local San Diego Dealers could not touch this deal and wouldn't even give me the time of day. I will buy from this dealer again, it was easy. Straightforward quote, just drove up there and signed the paperwork. She has sold others to people in other states and had them shipped. For specific salesperson info, feel free to email us.

This is hands down a fantastic website and forum!
    Oops, I forgot...we also got the rear entertainment system as well as all the other options listed above. Too much to remember.
  • jr32jr32 Member Posts: 23
    The $630 per month was including title, tax and lic? So $1000 at signing was it correct? Thank you.
  • jpennijpenni Member Posts: 4
    I live in Arkansas, unfortunately the one dealer within 200 miles isn't real excited about dealing. My question is if I buy from an out of state dealer will Lexus transport to my house or am I solely responsible for that?
    I have dealt with transporting classics before but, the prices I've seen quoted in this forum are quite a bit cheaper that what I am used to.
    jr 32,

Yes, $630 included everything, and the $1000 at signing actually included the first payment. I have 15k miles per year, but had the option to pay for more. Hope I don't need them.

Jpenni,

You will incur the shipping charges, but you will find that the shipping will still be cheaper than some of the high dealer prices. When I leased mine, my sales person had just sold another one to an out of state family. It was waiting to be picked up by the shipper. I have used DAS ( endorsed by Ebay) for another vehicle that I purchased. They were great, you can track the car like a UPS package. You can request that it is shipped covered and on the top deck, etc. DAS can give you an estimate if you call. My dealer will be happy to sell out of state.

Good luck.
  • jpennijpenni Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info.
  • heaashheaash Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know what I can expect in Dallas, TX for the money factor? Any lease specials on a GX 470 anybody is aware of?
    You might give Crown a try. The MF should be the same throughout the country, but they will definately be able to deal on the price, since they are one of the largest dealerships in the nation. I had another friend who was able to get the local dealer to deal based on the quote she received from Crown. The local dealer laughed at us at first, but came back to the table with a very favorable offer. Does anyone know if there are any other promotions coming up with the good lease factor again?

Good luck in your search. I still love the car, and I am glad I did my research here on Edmunds. I have no regrets. :blush:
  • jr32jr32 Member Posts: 23
    Do you recommend a sales person at Crown? Thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    cdfwife can't recommend a salesperson..

Please read the message in RED printed below...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jjawjjaw Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to purchase a 2006 GX470 w/DVD, NAV, 3rd row seats. What are the best prices being seen in the market currently? Thanks in advance for any help.
    I was quoted invoice at one dealer and invoice plus $500 at another. Even though the local dealer initially balked at dealing on price, they did eventually negotiate down to $500 over invoice. Going straight to the internet person at any dealer will usually be a much better deal and an overall easier transaction. Also, Credit Unions usually have an auto buying service that can usually get you close to invoice...they search many dealers at a time.

Best of luck to you.
  • bobalewbobalew Member Posts: 2
    If you're fairly close to El Monte(So. Cal.), go to Longo Lexus. Both of their Lexus and Toyota dealerships have the largest inventory in the country. With the largest selection comes the lowest prices to keep their inventory moving. With my experience purchasing 4 vehicles between the two dealerships, go directly to the Fleet Manager. My deal for the '06 GX470 in November 2005 was at invoice without any haggling. I referred my brother-in-law for the exact same vehicle (12/05) and got the same deal: $57K MSRP for $49K with DVD, NAV, Lexus Link, and Sport Pkg.. I think all GXs in stock have 3rd rows. Longo has been the best for me.
  • auditudeauditude Member Posts: 1
    Would anyone care to guess what a really sweet deal would be on a loaded GX470, seeing as this is 3 months into '06? Options include Levinson audio and nav, 3rd row, spoiler, hitch and preferred accessory pkg?

I am in the mid-Atlantic region. Thanks.
  • jcscanjcscan Member Posts: 2
    Bob,
    What dealership did you buy from? Thanks
  • frm22frm22 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy or lease a new GX 470 in the NYC/ long Island area. Has anybody got experience with prices -- Should I expect to pay invoice or more/less? Any dealer to recommend in the area?
  • gr8smilesgr8smiles Member Posts: 7
    I am trading a 2004 GMC Denali with Moonroof and captains chairs with 36000 miles for a 2006 GX470. Nice shape, very clean, no wrecks, etc. I have a Carmax quote of 28k for my truck, but Tennessee taxes the difference.

Dealer is offering me my truck and 21277 plus tax and 129 doc fee.

GX has:

Nav/ML
    Spoiler
    3rd row seats
    tow hitch (the real one)
    preferred acc. package

List 53243
    CR invoice 46154 or 45221 with holdback
    Dealer says that I can buy the truck for 48777 cash. He is valuing my trade for 27500.

Another out of state dealer offered me a lower price. I went there...200 miles...he lowballed my trade to 24k. I walked and he sold the car. Are these units so hot that they can sell them at a high price??

If the 24k was real money, then my local dealer is selling me close to invoice.

I have another quote of 50k from another dealer (100 miles)...but he has to see my trade...of course..I can't blame them.

Any opinions or thoughts??

Thanks,

Rick
  • jturvoldjturvold Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to purchase a loaded GX470 and am willing to travel to pretty much any dealer in TX from my home in Dallas/Ft.Worth for a good deal (invoice or as close to invoice as possible). Has anyone gotten any good deals in TX?

I am considering sending every Lexus dealer in TX a fax/e-mail with the specifics of what i'm willing to buy and the one that mails me back with the price closest to invoice gets my business. Anyone done this?
  • pmchengpmcheng Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a 2006 GX470 w/NAV, 3rd row seats and I live in Twin Cities, MN. Both local dealers are owned by the same company (that's what I heard) and not easy to deal with.

I emailed Crown, but they do not deal with out of state sale anymore -- "I am sorry to inform you that, we here at Crown Lexus of Ontario, CA. do not have the means of providing service outside the state of CA. for out of state purchases."

Does anyone know if any other dealers (particularly in Southern CA where prices are the lowest) would be willing to deal a request like this?

Thanks in advance!
    New Country Lexus in Latham,(near Albany) NY.
  • jcscanjcscan Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my wife a fully loaded GX. The whole experience was pathetic. A real joke. These dealers and salese guys are the most unscupulous Jerk***s on the planet. Not that we all didn't already know that. The facts are that both this site and CR have the most accurate data on car invoices (I think CR is spot on). These guys would look you in the eye and say the data was wrong and they were losing money on any car sold for less than $48.5 down to $48.2
    I got one quote for $47.7 that I was using as my benchmark and (oddly) no other dealer in New England would touch it. I was starting to think that a grand over invoice would be my best deal (my car's total invoice was $46,650). Then when I returned to that dealer they would not honor the price saying that there was an incentive going on in March that allowed them to sell the car "at a loss" so they could make it back on the incentive. And at $47.7 they were losing too much money and wouldn't sell the car. What a load of crap. The lousy sales guy never even mentioned that to me. You would think they teach the 'fear of loss' technique in sales 101.
    Anyway, I had a trump card in my pocket that I finally busted out. A friend used to work at another dealer and called over there explaining the story to the GM. He handed me the phone and in 5 seconds the guys says "I have the color you want and will gladly sell it for 47,700. Done deal.
    And while I am certain I could have held out a bit longer and got a much better price I had to pull the trigger cause my wife (a sales guys best ally) has been bustin my chops for 2 months to buy the car.
    If any of you are in the market to buy the car remember 2 things:
    -Gas is going to $3.50 and then some this summer (I'm an energy analyst) and these guys won't be moving any units
    at all. You'll easily get invoice.
    - Don't let these clowns tell you they are losing money on a car. Even at invoice these dirtbags are making a killing with all the manufacturer incentives. The two biggest dealers in Boston are Ernie Boch and Herb Chambers. It is widely known that these guys are BILLIONAIRES. Not millionaires. You don't need to work in capital markets to know that you can't make a billion selling product at 'a loss'.
    Good luck and thanks to all that helped me. This board is very helpful.

Go Redsox.
  • schan1wschan1w Member Posts: 8
    Looking for a 2006 GX in NYC area with Nav, DVD, Spoiler, 3rd Row, Preferred Accessory, Hitch Bracket - MSRP $54,803. Should I be expecting to get this at invoice or a bit more than invoice. Invoice is $47,133. The prices people have reported back in December seem pretty good. Can't believe that with gas prices above $3, that they are moving a lot of these trucks. Thanks!
  • lhrboylhrboy Member Posts: 1
    Got a great deal; 06GX, ash blue mica, with Nav/Levinson, DVD, 3rd row, tow-hitch, spoilers, pref. accessory package - $47.3K. Got it at stevenscreek.
  • dla66dla66 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a loaded GX in Miami Metro area. Nav, DVD, 3rd Row. Color needs are a bit specific (light or white).

Given that the 07's are getting pretty close (Aug?) should what is reasonable to expect?
  • hikershikers Member Posts: 10
    I am trying to decide between Q7 and GX. If I wait for a year, will I get a newly designed GX? The current one looks outdated already (small LCD for example).
    Came back from Stevens Creek Lexus (bay area). The sales person said GX470 will get a redesign in 2008 (2009 model)
    I think the front end view of the GX470 is still the best looking on the road today.
  • rg6rg6 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks to everyone for their help. I just bought a new 2006 GX470 yesterday. I got the vehicle with navigation, third row seat, tow hitch, towiing prep package, rear spoiler, cargo tray, preferred acc package and exhaust tip for $45,600 + taxes/fees. About $1300 below invoice from what I calculated. The negotiation was pretty straightforward as I had another quote for $1000 below invoice.

I decided to not wait for the 2007 given that the differences aren't that significant and the price would be much closer to MSRP (at least at the time of introduction).
    Congratulations! I would like to get the same car at the same price in the Texas area in the next few days. This is the first thread I've heard though about getting below invoice.

Did you just walk into the dealer with your price? Who did you negotiate with? How tough was it? You said negotiatioin was pretty straightforward but can you give a little more information? I'd love to get the same deal.
    Which dealer did you get the car from? thanks!
  • rg6rg6 Member Posts: 6
    Putnam Lexus in Redwood City. I got quotes from other dealers and mentioned it to the rep. I didn't show any quotes though. Hold your ground as the 2006's are not going to move after Sept when the 2007's come in.
  • jasp615jasp615 Member Posts: 10
    I held my ground and went to 7 dealerships and the best I could do with the truck loaded to the max along with the ball mount/exhaust tip/ all weather mats/ lexus link w/1 yr free/ tires for life/ paint treatment was 50,500.00 now I'm sure that had something to do with my trade which was an 05 loaded Escalade in mint condition with 13,000 miles on it (hated that truck). Galves gives 33,400 they gave me 35,500 so if you look at it this way I got the truck for Invoice. Around here they are not selling for Invoice and are not really budging. This is for an 06. There is an increase in the pkgs that I wanted not to mention my trade would have been worth less. I'm in the Philadelphia area
    I shopped around the entire state of TX and most of the border states via e-mail to get the best price. I landed at $1K above invoice. I got an 06 GX with nav, 3rd row, spoiler, exhaust tip, convienence package, etc. MSRP was $53750.00 and I got it for $47972.00. I'm pretty happy with the price for this area. Nobody was willing to go lower than this (and I tried 17 different dealers!).
  • mbarmbar Member Posts: 1
    care to share dealer that worked with you?
    I meant to include it - Park Place Lexus Grapevine (between Dallas and Ft. Worth). They were great.
  • hesalivehesalive Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a sporty & reliable SUV. I have test driven
    a. Cayenne - Great to ride, but expensive and small
    b. Land Rover - My favorite - but the forums scare me .. with the reliability issues. It seems like it is a Love/Hate thing.
    c. Infiniti FX 45 - Great ride, but seems small like the Cayenne .. especially the 2nd row seats. The shape is a bit odd to me.
    d. LExus GX 470 - Very comfortable and spacious, but it does not seem to be as sporty as the Cayenne or FX45. I know it has less HP.

a. Would love to hear other folks' experience with the cars above.
    b. The dealer (SF Bay Area) told me he would give me the 2006 GX 470 (fully loaded) and invoice prices
    c. Is it better to buy the 2007 GX 460 ?
  • cwilbscwilbs Member Posts: 14
    I personally do not like the look of the Infiniti FX 45 or the Cayenne so never bothered to even try them out. Not a fan of Land Rover either so have the GX470. I still miss my LX470 but have no real complaints with the GX 470. It was time for a change! Good luck with your search!