Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• schan1wschan1w Member Posts: 8
    vickruc - what was the price before tax, title, license? can you email me the name of the salesperson? thanks.
  • cdfwifecdfwife Member Posts: 37
    ABSOLUTELY, especially with the price of gas. (See my post under leasing) While I was originally laughed out of Kearny Mesa Lexus in San Diego for asking them to meet an at-invoice quote, they eventually came back to me for $500 over invoice, but I had already went ahead on a deal from another dealer that made me an easy, seemless, honest offer at invoice. I hate games. Although I eventually chose to lease, at the time I negotiated my deals I was looking at buying. Always head for the "internet" department, they won't jerk you as hard as the others.

PS, most Credit Unions have a buying service that can get you very close to invoice (unless you want the Lexus lease rates) , and you will never even have to set foot in the door of the dealership.

Good luck.
  • vickrucvickruc Member Posts: 4
    Schan1w- could not access your email address on profile- my truck was 53500 out the door including (all options including xm but not kdss) TTL
  • arulrajarulraj Member Posts: 7
    I was offered 2006 GX with all options (including KDSS) for $46,400 + TTL. This is a demo vehicle with 400 miles in it. Is it a good price or should I go for 2007 model?. Please let me know. I really appreciate your response.
  • vickrucvickruc Member Posts: 4
    That's not bad. In addition to pricing, your selection for 2006/2007 should be based on what you're looking for in the GX. I waited for the 2007 because I wanted the Gen 5 Nav unit (higher resolution and updated points of interest), the Mark Levinson sound system 6 disk player for 2007 will play mp3s and WMAs on DVDs and CDs that you create. 6 DVDs with mp3s or WMAs is a LOT of music. The DVD player (Rear entertainment system) for 2007 also has a 9" display compared to a 7" for the 2006. I also wanted XM Satellite Radio and that is completely integrated with the 2007 Stereo. I am not certain but I understand the driveline "klunk" was resolved for 2007. I haven't noticed it on mine in over 200 miles. If those items aren't important- go for the 2006.
  • glennkaweschglennkawesch Member Posts: 8
    that's too high, keep shopping.

Glenn Kawesch
  • glennkaweschglennkawesch Member Posts: 8
    i don't think that is a fair deal.

Glenn Kawesch
  • arulrajarulraj Member Posts: 7
    Thanks vickruc for the response. I ended up getting 2005 GX with 12K miles for $41.5K even (+tax). It is fully loaded with KDSS,NAV, REAS, backup camera etc. I am waiting for the shippement to reach me :)
  • schan1wschan1w Member Posts: 8
    Just got an 07 GX with everything except KDSS. MSRP was $56,110 and I paid $49,289 (about $500 over invoice). December to Remember interest offered was 5.69% which is slightly (but not much) better than most credit unions and costco (capital one).

vickruc - thanks for the details on your purchase.
  • canngacannga Member Posts: 20
    GX470 2007 with Mark Levinson/Navigation & third row seat only. No chrome tip, no spoiler, no KDSS. Blizzard Pearl/Ivory. Picked up 12/30/2006, from Glendale Lexus. Negotiation done completely by emails. (South Bay Lexus in Torrance offered 1000 off invoice as first offer; but it was a little late as I already have concluded dealing with Glendale.)

MSRP 52910
    Paid 45105
    Nearly 8000 off MSRP.
    1200 below invoice, I believe (someone corrects me if I am wrong).

Both dealers of course in Southern California. 1200 below invoice is definitely doable especially *IF* dealer has car that you want on his lot. Hope this helps & good luck.
  • sicom007sicom007 Member Posts: 46
    I am in the market for a GX470 with Make Levinson Audo + Nav only. I want the Blizzard Pearl/Ivory. Can folks in Northern & So. cal help me with the quotes that they have gotten from dealers?

I see someone got it for $1200 below Invoice in So. Cal. Is there an email that someone can send me to my account? Will really appreciate it.

Thanks
    I am in the market for a GX470 with Mark Levinson Audio + Nav+ Rear Entertainment only. I want the Blizzard Pearl/Ivory. Can folks in Northern & So. cal help me with the quotes that they have gotten from dealers?

I see someone got it for $1200 below Invoice in So. Cal. Is there an email that someone can send me to my account? Will really appreciate it.

Thanks
  • aj4321aj4321 Member Posts: 37
    I'm looking to purchase a 2007 GX 470 in black with with Nav, 3rd row and spoiler only. Best price so far is $47k. Anyone seeing better prices?
    I considered looking at used GX's but 2006 wholesale prices are around $40k - so it is better to buy new in this case.
    Also, considering the 2007 BMW X5 - but leaning more towards the Lexus.
    Where are you located. I just got a quote from Glendale Lexus in So. Cal (I live in SFO Bay Area in Nor. Cal). He is ready to ship the car to me.

Here are the package codes on the car: DD,E5,MZ,NL,RI,TH,TO,Z1 for $47,975 (MSRP $56,086). I called him back and he said if I was ready he was willing to negotiate.

Hoep that helps. I am still waiting for quotes from local dealers.
    Thanks for the info sicom007. I'm in Michigan. The vehicle I'm looking for is $53k MSRP. My target price is $45k.
    OK So I have the final quotes:

from Glendale: Here are the package codes on the car: DD,E5,MZ,NL,RI,TH,TO,Z1 for $47,825 (MSRP $56,086).

From Pleasanton Lexus: Here are the package codes on the car: DD,E5,MZ,NL,RI,TH,TO,Z1,BL,DH for $49,642 (MSRP $56,618).

For the first one I have to go to So. Cal to get the car. Need to decide soon.
  • gopherhockey1gopherhockey1 Member Posts: 3
    I've been reading up on what people are paying for their Lexus vehicles. I have to say you are all lucky you don't live in the Twin Cities area. We have two dealers, both owned by the same person. Neigher will deal, not even when presented with quotes from other areas of the country.

People buying a Lexus in this area are mostly uneducated on what deals are actually available out there. Dealers are not going much past a few thousand below MSRP if you are lucky.

I'm going to Chicago to see if I can get a better deal. :(
  • speed6speed6 Member Posts: 5
    same in western washington area. there are three dealerships and two of them are owned by the same person. these guys claim to be selling trucks close to msrp. amazing considering lexus is selling only 700-800 of these trucks every month - spread across 225 dealerships in US. Any thoughts on how we could get souther california prices in western washington or twin cities?
    Speed6:

My $0.02. You can get it shipped from Southern California. A friend of mine also bought from there who lives in Colorado. Since they are asking for $1000 below invoice, it is worth the effort.

Pretty sure the shipping can't cost more than $800-$900 (or even lesser). If you are interested I can give you the contacts that I am purchasing thru. Please send me an email to my account and I will give the details (I cannot give it here as we are not supposed to give out details in the forum)
    Best prices I'm seeing is $47.5k for a $53k MSRP vechicle. I've been offering invoice ($45k) but no bites yet. Getting close to the end of the month and lots are full of GX's.
  • nhaydonnhaydon Member Posts: 2
    Bought a Titanium Metallic with Dark Grey interior and sport package. Here are the options:

NL RI SP TH TO Z1 DD P7 WF

MSRP was $57,616
    Final Sale was $51,500

Got it from Woodfield Lexus in IL. Having it shipped down here to St. Louis MO for $275.
  • diljit123diljit123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi:
    Could email me the details of the purhasae if possible. I am in Seattle and plan to ship the car from CA.
    diljit123:

Please send me an email using the forum email. I will send you the contact details in that. All the dealers are in Los Angeles area and they should be able to ship the car to you in Seattle.

Thanks
  • diljit123diljit123 Member Posts: 2
    sicom007:
    you write to me at 123.dss@gmail.com. Thanks for your time!
    Please check your email. I have sent all the details in it. All the best with your purchase.
    diljit123 - OK to contact you via e-mail to get the information sicom007b sent you? thanks
  • desantdesant Member Posts: 1
    Sicom007, could you please send me the dealer contact at karashamb@yahoo.com? Thanks.
  • trietngotrietngo Member Posts: 2
    Hi:

I am looking for a 2007 GX470 in the Los Angeles area. I would really appreciate for any contacts who can offer good price on the SUV.

Thank you very much,

Triet Ngo
  • edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    Hello
    I am looking for an 07 GX in Central NJ. I found one at Lexus of Bridgewater, but they would only meet my price of $47800 with NL,Z1,C1,WL,E5,TH, if I took it in black which I didn't want - I wanted White or Blue. I guess the other colors can fetch better prices, and despite a semi-relationship with the sales mgr, that was the best they would do (after we spent about 2 hours in the dealership).

Does anyone have any better experiences..? Seems like there are LOTS of them on the lots..

Thanks
    ED
    Send me your email address to the forum email and I will forward the contact details to you.
    You mentioned that it had TH (Third Row seat). Typically all cars sold in Calif. have Rear Seat Entertainment System (Mfr Code RI)automatically added with TH. I still think you are paying way over the invoice with what you described. Not sur how the market is over there but in So. Cal you can get it anywhere from $1000-$1200 under invoice. SO why not buy from here and get the car shipped?

Please send the exact package codes and I can tell you what the car will cost approximately here in Calif.
  • trietngotrietngo Member Posts: 2
    Please send the info to t_m_ngo@yahoo.com

Thanks,
  • portesfeverportesfever Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone found the KDSS functionality in a California car? I really see the difference in KDSS, but I know the cars are rare and they carry a premium price tag. Has anyone gotten a quote under invoice with KDSS (not the sport package)? Thanks.
    Done. Please check your email
    KDSS is not available in California at this moment for all 2007 GX470's. Atleast that's what all the dealers said (I called atleast 8 dealers in both Nor. & So. Cal). I wanted the dealers to do a special order from factory with KDSS but all of them said that was not possible)

Finally a dealer did a factory order with the options that I wanted and took delivery of the car last Saturday (ofcourse no KDSS and XM).

Please let me know if you have questions
    sicom007 - could you please send me the details as well? Much appreciated.

unclebobjulien@yahoo.com

thanks
    Please send me the details at unclebobjulien@yahoo.com

thanks much
  • dchungdchung Member Posts: 1
    Hi sicom007, can you please send me the info to bschung@yahoo.com.

Thanks..
  • mikem15mikem15 Member Posts: 2
    Have gotten what I feel is a good offer but would welcome other feedback. I am looking at the '07 GX 470 with the $8,736 package (this includes the navi, 3rd row seat, rear entertainment, tow package, chrome exhaust, lexus link, rear spoiler). The MSRP is $56,086 and the dealer is offering to sell the me the car at $49,301. The truck is black onyx and I like the color but realize it probably is not the hottest selling color. They are quoting me a MF of .00265 for 15K/year, 36 month lease, 53% residual through Lexus financial. Lease fee up front of $600 with payments of $799 including tax (6.5%). Total due at signing of $1,100.

By reading this forum, I feel the MF is good but am worried that the residual is low. With the entertainment package, shouldn't it be higher and around 56%? That of course would make a big difference in payments. Any one know of another leasing company or bank offering better MF or residual?

This forum has been a great reference source, much to the dismay of the dealer!! Thanks for helping the little guy win one!
  • sengopalcrickesengopalcricke Member Posts: 23
    Hi Sicom007,
    Congrats for the new vehicle and also helping out members of this forum. I am interested in the car with the NAV and the rear seat entertainment (DVD). Could you please email me the dealer information. My email id: sengopalcricket@yahoo.com
  • karldkarld Member Posts: 5
    I was just offered a 2005 gx470 maxed out with nav and dvd etc. (not sure of nighthawk) for $46125. It has 16000 miles. Taking in BMW on trade. I am uncomfortable with buying from a ford garage. It was taken in on trade for a Navigator.....please advise me....
  • infonutinfonut Member Posts: 9
    My two cents...was offered loaded 2006 (w/o KDSS)for $47900. with 13K miles on it. But looking to buy new for no more than $500 over invoice max.
  • infonutinfonut Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone have names of good shippers, not too expensive. Plan to ship a new one from Calif. to Colorado and would like to be referred to one. So far best price is $590.00.
  • cfa24cfa24 Member Posts: 3
    After just a few emails I have been offered any GX 1500 over invoice. I will try to get this closer to invoice if possible. I will not be getting nav or dvd. Wanting Black or Silver. Anyone buy one in the Dallas area recently? What price did you get as opposed to invoice on your vehicle?
    Thanks for the help
  • gx470818gx470818 Member Posts: 16
    For about $3K more you could drive a brand new 2007 Gx fully loaded except the KDSS. I would never pay that kind of money for an almost 3 years old with that much milage. My 2c.
    sengopalcricketyahoo.com, bschungyahoo.com, unclebobjulienyahoo.com

Please check u'r emails. Sorry was out of town so could not reply earlier
  • edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    Hi Sicom 007..

I listed everything in my original note, BUT here ya go..
    MSRP
    Base MSRP - $46,635 +$ 715 Deliv
    NL - Nav/Mark Lev - $3,250
    TH - 3rd Row w/AC -$2,030
    BL Cargo Tray - $99
    C1 Cargo Mat - $92
    WL Wheel Locks - $79
    Total -$52,900

OFFERED TO ME FOR $ 47,300

Can you send me dealer contact who can do better?

Thanks
    ED in NJ
    My 2c. Get the car shipped from Calif. You can get the GX (including factory special order with the options that you want) for atleast $1000 (or more) under invoice. I am sure shipping on a flatbed to Dallas won't be that expensive. Here is what you can try:

1) Go to the local dealer and say that if he can give a car with couple hundred under invoice he has your business

2) Else send me your email and I will send you the contacts of dealers here in So. Cal that can ship you a car for the prices I mentioned earlier.

Personally I wouldn't do business with a Lexus dealer who is not ready to sell under invoice. Hope this helps
    edwardc3000 (Sorry for the long reply)

So here is what your actual invoice should look like:

Invoice MSRP

Base Price* $40,571 $46,635
    Selected Options $4,419 $5,550
    Destination Charge $715 $715
    Levinson Audio Package $2,633 $3,250
    ThirdRow Seat/ Rear Air $1,624 $2,030
    (PIO) Wheel Locks $49 $79
    (PIO) Carpeted Cargo Mat $55 $92
    (PIO) Cargo Tray $58 $99
    Total* $45,705 $52,900
    TDA (Toyota dealer Adv fee) $583
    Dealer Invoice Total $46,288

So If your dealer is selling you at $47,300 he asking for $1012 over his invoice. Remember he still has a dealer holdback and Wholesale reserve in excess of $1300 even if he sells you at his $46,288.

A couple of points:

1) How do I get the actual Invoice? Ask :) I always say that since I want to get a fair deal, I need to see the actual invoice of the car that I want to buy. Most of the times they just email or scan and send it to you. that is how I was able to come up the prices above (saw my invoice and added your package prices)

2) Is the TDA negotiable? In my opinion yes but since it is early in the year and dealers are very bullish that they can sell the cars they are in no mood to negotiate. Since I got is way below invoice I was OK.

3) If you are comfortable with that price and no one else is giving that price go for it. I would personally get the DVD player if I go for a Third row seat. However you can get the car shipped with from Calif. with more options at a price below invoice.

4) With my experience (other members who bought in Calif. can chime in) you will not find a similar car in Nor./So. Cal. The reason is that any car with TH (third row seat) also comes with RI (rear 9" roof DVD player), Z1 (includes C1, GN, Wl), TO (Towing ready), DD(Rear Spoiler).

Please send me your email id and I can send you the details or you can ask others who have received the dealer contacts from me to send it to you.

Hope it helps and all the best with your purchase.
  • haaserhaaser Member Posts: 8
    Infonut:

I've used BT Express Auto Transport a couple of times and had good look.

http://www.btexpressauto.com/