Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• danjhilldanjhill Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for the names of the Cal dealers that have been willing to sell at invoice. I see that Riverside was one of them, if anyone has a contact it would be very much appreciated if someone would send me the name.

I had Autoland check one out(in CA)and it appears that they are selling at about 2500 over invoice plus it will cost me $650 to ship to Oregon. Great forum..thanks.
    My email: danjhill@yahoo.com :)
  • wantrx330wantrx330 Member Posts: 26
    I am looking to purchase a GX470 with ML/NAV, 3rd row seat, rear spoiler, tow prep, chrome exhaust. I was offered $49,500 from MSRP $53,585. I refused the offer and told them I am expecting in the range of $47,500 including destination charge. Am I asking too much?

From what I am reading so far, I am seeing GX470 sold near dealer's invoice. Am I wrong about this? Anybody want to share how much they paid for GX470 with similar option?
  • rfallsrfalls Member Posts: 9
    Here in the DC/MD offer I am also encountering the same for a similar GX but I'm also telling them only invoice. I'll let you know what progress I make.
    Thanks rfalls. Let me know what happens. I would imagine the dealership will give more price break on 07 GX470 for several reasons.

1) This model has been out for approx. 5years and nearing its end of life (Newly design GX expected 2009 or 2010)
    2) Dealers will be receiving 2008 inventory near Sept.
    3) More competitions from other makes like Acura, BMW, MB..
  • philtsphilts Member Posts: 3
    I would do everything I can to make the dealer pay for their dishonesty. Complaint to BBB, Attorney General, local news station or papers and CC the mail to the owner.
  • jyijyi Member Posts: 7
    No you are asking too much. I paid 45000$ for the $538000 last November.(including everying but dvd player and sports utility) You might able to pay less than $45000 now. I am talking about GX 470- 2007 year. I bought from Cerritos Dealer of CA. Good Luck.
    Thanks jyi for the info. I just came back from the dealership and they were telling me that the dealer's invoice for the 07 GX470 with all options except dvd player, sports package, and towing hitch was $47,600. What a bunch of lies! So they were saying my asking price $47,500 doesn't make sense for them. Can someone tell me what the actual dealer's invoice is? Ofcourse, they were telling me the Edmunds.com dealers invoice was inaccurate. I need help. Anybody have the actual dealer's invoice information?
  • ezwinner701ezwinner701 Member Posts: 29
    thats an AWESOME DEAL! when youbought in nov/06 for a 2007 model? how did you manage to get almost 9k off MSRP off of that? please let me know.
    thanks
    No problem. At that time the invoice price was about $47600.

But it seemed dealer can afford going under invoice. One dealer place I got 46000. And from cerritos I got $45000 without any negotiation going on. I said 45000 and they said yes and I pick the color and so on. You should go under the invoice price. Hope you get the best price.
    I visited one dealer place which is one of the big car dealer in southern CA (cerritos, CA) and I got one of the sales person's business card. I came home and check edmund.com and autos.com. Next day I called the sales person and asked him if he can give 45000 with full option and called me only if he can get approval from his manger. I said I do not want any negotiation and I will not be dealer place unless he got approval. After one hour the sales person called he said yes he got approval. Several hours later I went there and he showed GX 470 and I picked up the car color and highst MSRP($53800) available with $45000. Meanwhile (before I went the dealer) I checked the car price from another dealer and all I can get was $46000. SO I knew $45000 was prettey good deal. hmmm I was happy. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the info JYI. we are in the bay are and is currently looking for one. I wish the buying process is as easy as it was there. Getting 9k of MSRP at the end of 06 for a 07 car is really out of this world. ppl at the club lexus are really happy getting 7-8k already.

one question, since the 07 models are coming to an end, do you think it's possible to get 10k or more at your dealership? if so, we might just fly down there as we might be making a trip to LA fairly soon anyways. TIA
  • rfallsrfalls Member Posts: 9
    We ended up with the XC90 on a 24 month lease while we wait and see what happens with a possible GX 470 redesign. The configuration on the 3rd row seat ended up being the deal killer for my wife.

I did end up negotiating for a 2007 GX 470 with Nav and Third Row Seat packages (also cargo mat, cargo net and tow hitch). Lease was $799/month (tax and tags rolled in -- lease tax in MD is 5% of "sales price), no money down for a 36 month, 12,000 mile lease. This was from Len Stoler in Baltimore, Md.

That was the best I could do after a week of haggling. No DC area Lexus dealer came close to the offer (approx $150-$200 more a month). Lexus of Annapolis was $809/month for the same price.

The lesson I learned from all of this is if and when I get my next Lexus, I don't think I will ever deal witht he DC dealers. Given how non-competitive they were, they must preu on a lot of naive people.
  • rbanderbande Member Posts: 7
    Would you please email me the sales person details?
    Do you have third row for $45k?

Email: branga@yahoo.com

thanks,
    Yes, it is included. The guy was old, tall and from Middle East.
    Just tell them that your friend got 45000 and ask that they should give better deal than that. Ok? Good Luck
    The best deal I could get here in Portland Oregon was $47500 (Nav, 3rd row,tow hitch, cargo mat/net). Oregon doesn't have sales tax so out the door price should be $48k.

However, I heard from one of the dealership that Lexus is going to discontinue the GX and fill in the gap with a car base chassis (more like RX). They are not sure if it'll retain the GX badge. So only truck base chassis in their lineup will be the LX. Please take it with a grain of salt.
    But there's some truth to it. So I am bit worried about its resale value.

We decided to look at BMW X5 because its newly designed. Thanks for all your help.
    I talked to the cerritos dealership and was told last decemeber they had a sepcial extra incetive to move the car, so he wasnt able to offer the 45k or less. the best he could do is 47.5k for the 53.6k car.
  • newgnewg Member Posts: 6
    Howdy folks,

Thanks for all the great info. I am negotiating on a GX 470 with Entertainment/Navigation/Spoiler/Third Row. Edmunds shows invoice of $47,400. The first dealer I talked with wouldn't go below $50,200 (2800 over invoice with junk fee).

Could someone share the best price you have paid lately? Also, any info on a possible redesign with the 2009 model?

Regards,

- ab
  • edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    As previously mentioned, I have a dealer in NJ who will do near invoice, which is about $2,800 less than you've been quoted. If you want his contact send me a note to phula11231 at yahoo.com.

It's only about 8 hour drive from Raleigh to here, so it might be worth the effort..

Let me know

ED in Metuchen
  • eastwindeastwind Member Posts: 4
    Bought my 07 GX yesterday in North Carolina. Nav-Mark LV/third row/spoiler/towing pac/accessory pac, sticker total 53,894; paid 48,366.77 (tax, doc, tag included). Two-week obsessive research on this particular truck (following a prelude that excluded X5 and MDX). Total three trips to two dealers. Closed the deal with a rather helpful salesman. Very satisfied with the experience as well as the result.
    That sounds like an throw away from the dealer - you mean sales tax is included in that???? If so, you paid $45k for the car (unless you had an expensive trade-in that washed your sales tax away)!! That is 3k below invoice!!!!!!

I got mine from GA for $48.6k + sales tax but it includes DVD player also along with Nav/Mark Lev/Third Row/Spoiler/et al (MSRP $55.5k). Basically everything except Lexus Link. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Pretty much shopped all over GA.

We ruled out MDX as the 2nd choice as well - was nice but not a lexus! Also looked at Escalade and LR3 and ruled them out early.
    Yes, that's out-of-the door price. NC sales tax is 3%, with doc and tag, it was about 1,900. So I paid much above 45K and I know the dealer made a profit, although not very large, from this sale.
    Wow! You did pretty good. Did you have any trade-ins at all? Would you mind giving the price break-up?
    No trade-in. I sold my old ride today.
  • tachentachen Member Posts: 2
    I was at Sterling McCall in Houston this morning. The best quote I got from the salesman after about 1 hour haggling is $48,000 for the following configuration of a black/ivory 2007 GX with an MSRP of $46,162 destination included:

(NL) Navigation System/Mark Levinson Audio Premium Sound System & Camera
    (TH) Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioner
    (TO) Tow Hitch Bracket (Includes Wiring Harness Converter, Sub-Bracket. Does not include Ball Mount.)
    (DD) Rear Wind Deflector
    (ES) Exhaust Tip
    (Z1) Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, Cargo Net
    (ZZ) Personalized Settings

From what I learned on this forum I knew I should be able to get something better. But my 46K offer didn't interest the salesman.

I wonder if anyone have had better luck in the Houston area.

Also the 2008 model will be here in about a month and the MSRP of the 3rd row seat package will drop for about $1500. I am thinking about waiting for the new model.

Thanks.
    tachen,

Did you mean MSRP of $56,162 destination included?
    Does $48,000.00 include reat entertainment too ?

I am in Austin. I offered 49,500.00 for fully loaded GX 470. No luck yet.

What do you mean $1500 drop in 2008 model?

thanks,
    Any experiences striking good deal with http://fleetrates.com?

thanks,
  • tachentachen Member Posts: 2
    rbande,

Sorry about my mistake. I meant invoice of $46,162 destination included. $48,000 is for the options I listed in my original post. It doesn't include the entertainment package.

You can find out about the price drop of the 3rd row seat option in the 2008 model on line by googling for "2008 GX 470". Many web sites have the same information apparently released by Lexus. Here is an excerpt from automotive.com:

"The 2008 GX 470 will carry a base MSRP of $46,815, an increase of $180, or 0.4 percent. Additionally, the price of the popular Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioner option significantly reduced by $1,545 and will now be offered at $485."
    thanks tachen. 1500 seem to be a good deal.
  • ryamaryama Member Posts: 2
    I got an invoice from a dealer and it was pretty standard with invoice MSRP etc, BUT it also had the following> Shoud I be expected to pay TDA, Dealer Holdback, and whsl. Financial Reserver?

Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6718.00 $ 5193.00 $ 6718.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 715.00 $ 715.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 583.00 not negotiable
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 932.00 not negotiable
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 466.00 not negotiable
    --------- ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 47062.00 $ 54068.00
  • toddc2toddc2 Member Posts: 2
    They phone quoted MSRP $53536, Purchase $47875. This included Nav, 3rd seat, spoiler, preferred accessory, and exhaust tips.

I'm looking at a 60 month 12k lease. Fleetrates mentioned US Bank has the best MF .00226 for this lease. Additional fees of $30 year to join the group and shipping to Austin from Ca should run about $700.

Looks like a pretty good deal, anyone seeing anything better?
  • flipwilsonflipwilson Member Posts: 12
    Dealer is HOSING YOU! Holdback is something paid to the dealer from the manufacturer, and financial reserve is also paid to the dealer............tell that dealer to jump in the lake.
  • flipwilsonflipwilson Member Posts: 12
    Purchased GX470 w/nav & ML audio MSRP $54,175 paid $48,222 in NE WI. Blizzard pearl w/ivory int.
    Sounds pretty good. Does that including tax etc.?
  • socalpcbsocalpcb Member Posts: 4
    I've been looking for a good deal on an 04 or 05 and found my ideal configuration, a 2004 with ML/Navigation and Tow Package, 36k miles, and it's a CPO at Lexus of Westminster. Asking price is $38k. NADA and Kelly Bluebook show approximately the same values, $38k for clean retail and $40k-41k for CPO. Can anyone chime in with what they think a good deal would be? Prices seem to be all over the place in SoCal. Lowest I've seen was $34k for roughly the same mileage all the way up to $42k, which is ridiculous considering you can get a new one at carsdirect for $45.2k. As the 08's are due out any time it would seem there's quite a bit of room for negotiation?
    I gave up on new car. Dealer in Texas were hard to deal with pricing.
    Found '05 with 45K miles, fully loaded including tow ball. Asking prices was ~38600.00. closed the deal with 35500.00

Enjoying the smooth ride.
  • socalpcbsocalpcb Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info rbande. Sounds like you did great as you got an 05, maybe they were willing to really deal since the miles were a little high? Did you have a predetermined target for offer acceptance or did the dealer low ball asking price off the bat?
    my first offer was 35,000.00 then added another 500$. this was the price on kbb for private party. Yes, I played high milage to my advantage.

I looked at another '04 fully loaded with 39k miles. My 32k offer was almost accepted but I preferred '05
  • krisvkrisv Member Posts: 25
    Frankluther - do you mind sharing which dealership in Tennessee this happened with? I'm about to talk to Lexus of Chattanooga on a special order and don't want to make any mistakes.

Thanks!
  • alexkoperalexkoper Member Posts: 25
    Hello,

Just wanted to let you all know that I just got an 07 gx 470 with sport package and nav/levinson with the 3rd row seat for 45,500 (about $2k under invoice) plus the buy rate on the money factor through lexus financial (.245). The residual was 55% for 3 yrs/12k miles. There are a ton of 07s out there and they are wheeling and dealing. i just played one dealer against another until i got to $2k under invoice. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions, i'm happy to help. I wish i bought new cars more often, i had a GREAT time doing this.
    The third row package is a "value package" in 2008. I just bought an 07 for 2k below invoice. the only difference for 08 was the chromed door handles and better tail lights. the dealers are selling those close to msrp. i paid about 5k less for an 07 even though i paid more for the 3rd seat package.
  • jsj5jsj5 Member Posts: 3
    That's great - I live in So. Cal and have been looking around for the best deal. Standard response is that the best they can do is invoice + 500. I'm noticing the 07 sport package, navigation and rear entertainment is invoicing around $49K. what options did your car not have. I definitely like your price better.

Thanks.
  • steve_spiegelsteve_spiegel Member Posts: 3
    I'm new here but have been reading for a few weeks. After working with several dealers in my area, I have made my deal. I am purchasing a new 2007 Lexus GX-470 with Nav/Levinson stereo/Rear entertainment, in other words the full $8,600 upgrade.

The sticker is $56,444 and my purchase price is $49,000. Not quite invoice but much below sticker.

It's available locally to me in New England and I have two colors to choose from.(and that's what I'm doing today.)
  • alvzalvz Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2008 GX470 with ML, Nav, and 3rd-row seat options for $49k + tax and fees. This is in Redwood city, CA.

I had an offer of $46,880 for a 2007 model (brand new) with same options but decided to settle for 2008. I hope the $2k difference was worth it.
    hi jsj5-
    sorry i haven't written back until now. i got sport pkg, rear seat w/AC, nav w/levinson. msrp was 54722 and i paid 45500 plus buy rate on mf thru lexus. bay area had SEVERAL 07s - particularly east bay. you ought to buy it here and take a nice drive back down to so cal in your new car. let me know if you want my salesman's name.
    alex
  • vinnybonzovinnybonzo Member Posts: 5
    Hey Steve, Nice work.
    I'm out of Southern NH, and have just started the pricing game. As expected, they all start out with stupid numbers (like invoice + $3k for an 08: "Hit 'em high" they say). Do you have a dealer you'd recommend in the area (MA/NH)?
    THX
    VinnyB
    My recommendation would be to go to the large volume dealers like Watertown, Ira in Norwood or Herb Chambers. I personally worked with Lexus of Watertown.

I used several of the pricing options on the various web sites, like Edmunds, myride.com, etc. If you use a zip code near the dealer location, these sites will send your info to the web person at the dealership. I made my entire deal with 3 e-mails and one phone call. I walked into the dealership with the price and options decided, all I had to do was select a color.

I would caution you that most dealers won't be as flexible with 2008s as they were with 2007 models. Mt guess is you could still find a 2007 470 with a stocker of $55.5K and a sales price around $48K. A 2008 model will sticker for $1400 less so let's say $54K but you will struggle to get much less than a $52K price. For the same vehicle with really minor changes, do you want to pay $4K more?

Good Luck

Steve
  • jsj5jsj5 Member Posts: 3
    thanks Alex for the suggestion in Northern CA. I might consider that option. Just came back from scouring Southern CA for perfectly priced vehicle. Having some luck but not as good as yours. I found versions without sport package but with rear seat w/AC, nav w/levinson and rear entertainment. Any thoughts if you have an option of sport or rear entertainment?
    Looking at the numbers again...
    For the 08, the ML/Nav, Rear DVD, 3rd row, Lexus-link, tow prep, and access pkg is stickering at just over $54k. Invoice plus $3k gets you to about $50.4k.
    As you say, the equivalent 07 stickers at about $55.5k, with a fair deal at $48k, so we are looking at just over $2k delta for the same car, one model year newer, which seems about right to me.
    I think I'll save the $2k now instead of trying to get it back in trade-in value later.
    Vinny

I agree with your numbers provided you can get someone to go as low as 50.4. I haven't shopped but you may not be able to get $4K off list for a few months.

Best of luck

Steve
    Yo Steve,
    I've got the $50.4k quote in hand already for an 08...haven't even started to negotiate that number yet. It's the 07 for $48k that I can't seem to get anyone to agree to yet...my best quote is still at $50k!
    Still work to do...
    THX for your help,
    VinnyB