Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jsj5jsj5 Member Posts: 3
    Alex what dealer did you go. I'm seriously contemplating going up there. Please provide salesman and dealer. Thanks!
  • bigishbigish Member Posts: 1
    Just got back from the dealer and they are sticking to the MSRP! Can you give me the dealer name and number (and salesperson if possible). I am willing to have the vehicle transported to me in TX.
  • alexkoperalexkoper Member Posts: 25
    hey, i'm so sorry, i haven't checked these postings in a while. i bought mine from lexus of concord. my salesperson's name was Leo Knowles. he was fabulous. feel free to email me at alexkoper@aol.com and i can walk you though what i got and what you might be able to get. good luck.
  • vinnybonzovinnybonzo Member Posts: 5
    OK so the 07 availability, which you could buy at invoice, are drying up now, but that means the 08's are now eligible for deals.
    2 weeks ago, a good deal was a loaded 07 ($55k) at or about invoice ($48k).
    Now you can get the equivalent loaded 08 ($54k, since msrp has dropped by almost $1k due to the 3rd row pricing) at or about $1k over invoice (which is still $48k since the invoice dropped $700).
    For us: Same price...newer car, not a bad deal...and the dealer is actually enjoying some margin right now...so it's win/win.
    Wait it out a couple months and they'll probably be be back to invoice.
  • bekka2bekka2 Member Posts: 2
    I just closed a deal on a 2008 GX 470 for $46,400 including everything except sales tax & registration. The car includes the Navigation, 3rd row seat, tow hitch, preferred accessory package & rear spoiler. I think it's a good deal???

Also, any recommendations for places to go for financing on-line?
  • cdlpcdlp Member Posts: 1
    Where did you purchase? City & State?
  • bekka2bekka2 Member Posts: 2
    West Springfield, MA
  • vinnybonzovinnybonzo Member Posts: 5
    Looks like a good deal to me, bekka2.
    $1k over mfr invoice without any TDA surcharges (Toyota Dealer Advertising, yup it's still a Toyota underneath it all)
  • hitech1hitech1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Bekka2,

I think you got an excellent deal. I have been actively shopping around NY area for the last 2 weeks without much success. Could you please share your dealership and salesman information with me? email is ratluri@hotmail.com.
  • quaker09quaker09 Member Posts: 6
    I got my GX at Lexus of New Orleans in July of last year. I added pretty much everything you can add to it and the price they gave me was 56K. However, my boyfriend purchased an LX and his frat brother was our salesperson so he cut 10K off the price of my car. I test drove an Envoy Denali, a Ranger Rover, a Nissan Pathfinder Armada, and a 4Runner. The car that I had before the GX was an 03 4Runner that I got when I turned 16, and I was actually going to just get another 4Runner, but I fell in love with the GX.
  • voiceofreasonvoiceofreason Member Posts: 1
    Hi Bekka2 and hitech1,
    I am also interested in this offer. Could you please share your dealership and salesperson information with me?at rrvr174@yahoo.com? Thanks sj
  • amtususaamtususa Member Posts: 4
    What will be a good deal in Houston area for GX 470? I was quoted 50K for a MSRP of $52350. But did not show an invoice.
  • redrozaredroza Member Posts: 7
    Purchased 2008 GX470 in San Diego for 46,200.
    MSRP was $52,225. Was getting offers anywhere from $46,250 to $48,000 in San Diego and LA area. This car has NAV, Mark Levinson, third row, tow hitch prep. No rear-entertainment system.
    Looks like dealerships here have a lot of 2008 in stock.

:)
    Purchased 2008 GX470 in San Diego for 46,200.
    MSRP was $52,225. Was getting offers anywhere from $46,250 to $48,000 in San Diego and LA area. This car has NAV, Mark Levinson, third row, tow hitch prep. No rear-entertainment system.
    Looks like dealerships here have a lot of 2008 in stock.
  • edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    Greetings:
    If you do a search, you'll see where I have successfully gotten invoice or close to invoice prices for a number of folks from my NJ based dealer. If you want the contact information, please send me a note to phula11231 AT yahoo.com.

I wasn't disappointed by their price and neither will you.

ED
  • rds2rds2 Member Posts: 2
    Would you please email me the dealer where you got this price? We are thinking about buying a GX470 during the December to Remember sales event.
  • sjo99sjo99 Member Posts: 2
    Jenny,
    can you e-mail me too the contact info for your sales rep? I am interested in purchasing one too! JT
  • rds2rds2 Member Posts: 2
    My email is rds92127 *AT* hotmail *DOT* com
  • losttoothlosttooth Member Posts: 12
    I am in San Diego (north county) and would also like to know the dealer you are working with. Please email me: arthur_vandalay*at*yahoo*dot*com.
  • bee2004bee2004 Member Posts: 4
    If anybody finds out what specials are being offered as a part of the December specials for the GX, please post. The commercials, website and dealers are nondescript. They want you to go to the dealership to find out what's available. It is obvious why, but who has the time?

Thanks!
  • mvpjeffmvpmvpjeffmvp Member Posts: 16
    I'm looking for a 12,000 mile 36 month lease, and here in NJ, I was just offered with the December to Remember special: 52,XXX sticker price, and with $0 down, tax included, only out of pocket expense is First Month Payment, Tire Tax, and Motor Vehicle Registration. The price was: $720/month. Sound like a good deal? Closest I got was $749/month PLUS 800 Doc Fee, 500 Bank Fee, First Month Payment, etc. Thanks!
    Never lease a car.
  • gold233790gold233790 Member Posts: 183
    Not the most helpful- or wisest- response. There are many reasons to lease a car, and you can find them all very well explained on this site. If you are one to buy and drive cars for quite some time, then it of course makes sense to purchase. If you tend to enjoy driving a new vehicle every few years, leasing would end up being the most cost effective way to indulge.
  • firstntenfirstnten Member Posts: 8
    I think there are better deals out there. Well, I hope there are because I plan to lease a GX470 also during the event. I scanned this forum and the GX470 leasing forum for last year's event. I believe hoggolfer landed the best deal last year at $565/month with only a $600 acquisition fee. He did use multiple security deposits to lower the money factor. More details can be found in the GX 470 lease forum; use the search forum feature with a keyword of December. Hoggolfer, along with many other people last year, were getting near invoice acquisition costs. During last year's event, Lexus offered lease support, marketing support, and taxes paid. I don't know the details for this year yet. I posted a request in the GX 470 lease forum.
  • eyoungeyoung Member Posts: 2
    I found an 06 GX470 with Navigation and Mark Levinson sound but NOT the rear entertainment DVD for $42,500. It has only 9,000 miles and 26 months or 50,000 miles left on the warranty. Thoughts?
  • bee2004bee2004 Member Posts: 4
    From my research, that seems like a good deal, assuming the car is in like-new condition.
    Well, I personally think leasing is a waste of money, but leasing a 45K car is just stupid. Almost any financial adviser will say the same. Gosh, they even teach that in high school.
  • gold233790gold233790 Member Posts: 183
    Not to go too off topic or create a disagreement, but again that's not entirely true. Without knowing the residual and MF on the GX470, I couldn't hazard a guess as to whether it makes sense to lease. Lexus typically doesn't have great lease deals on cars other than the ES and maybe another one or two, and with a car with the reliability history of Lexus it certainly would make more sense to buy if you could do so.

That being said, the price of the car doesn't have a ton to do with whether it makes sense to lease. Often the captive financial companies of the vehicles artificially increase numbers in order to move them on leases.

For example, the 5 series BMW is a very good car to lease instead of buy. BMW's out of warranty can be extremely expensive, and the residual values of those cars on three year leases are 60%, meaning that the difference between buying and leasing in terms of $ are extreme....and then you aren't saddled with several K expenses out of warranty. Just an example.

$ for $ for someone who is going to own a car for many years? No-brainer that buying is a better option. But leasing does have advantages.
    Just looking to see if anyone has gotten any other quotes on 08's, or prices? Thanks!
  • firstntenfirstnten Member Posts: 8
    A financial advisor worth his/her salt will take into account the goals of an individual. I usually do not consider leasing vehicles. In fact, I usually purchase low mileage, one or two year lease returns with significant warranty remaining on the vehicle. I have only leased one car during my lifetime, and it made absolute financial sense to do so at the time. A lease allowed me to have a much lower auto payment, which translated to an easier qualification for my first house. I would not have qualified for the home loan with a traditional auto loan payment. I needed to put more money down on a house not a car to lower the auto monthly payment.

Leasing can make financial sense even taking out personal buying patterns for vehicles (i.e. tendency to buy cars every two or three years). Lease support and multiple security deposits can significantly lower the cost of financing - possibly even better than traditional loans. However, zero percent loan options currently in the marketplace (not from Lexus) definitely outperform leases.

Finally, leases can act as a hedge when acquiring a new SUV. With rising gas prices and the trend towards better MPG, today's SUVs have a decent chance of accelerated depreciation similar to the large sedans of the 70s. A lease sets the residual at the beginning of the term, mitigating depreciation risks. If the value at the end of the lease is well below the residual, one can simply turn the car back into the dealer and walk away. If the worst does happens (meaning today’s SUV are yesterdays Oldsmobile), purchasing the car today leaves one in dire shape in the future.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    ...unfortunately.. this isn't the place for it..

Let's stay on the specific topic at hand... Other members come here to find out what prices are being paid.. for this particular vehicle...

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    I have helped several readers of this forum looking for a great deal on GX or LX via my contact at a NJ based dealer. If you want my contact's info, please send me a note to phula11231 at yahoo.com.

I am not associated with, related to, or othwise employed by this dealer/salesman.

What I did was a LOT of research before buying my Lexus, and am happy to pass my info to other readers of this board.

Happy Holidays

Ed in NJ
  • gjohn10535gjohn10535 Member Posts: 3
    I traded in a 2006 GS 300 with 12900 miles plus $13,000 on a new load GX 470 with only 2 miles on it. Any thoughts or comments?
    I traded in a 2006 GS 300 with 12900 miles plus $13,000 on a new load GX 470 with only 2 miles on it. Any thoughts or comments? was trade
  • wantrx330wantrx330 Member Posts: 26
    How much did your GX 470 cost? Option list?
    I signed last week for an 08' GX470. MSRP was 52,4XX, and I got it for 720/month INCLUDING: Tax, Title, 5,000 mile service, 10,000 mile service, 15,000 mile service, All Weather Floor Mats, Navigation, Rear Spoiler, Third Row Seat. Waiting on it to come into port. (Black/Dark Gray). The 720/month is a 12,000 mile lease, 56% buyout in end. Wound up being 48,100 sale price. Only up front cost I'm paying is first month payment, registration fee (Not Title), and Tire tax. No other dealers could try to touch this deal. I tried to get another service thrown in, but they said they're not making money on the deal as it is.
    I am just wondering, how strong is the demand for 2008 GX470 vs. supply? Are you seeing shortage in supply?

I am getting a run around from my dealership located in Portland Oregon. They are saying they have one Blizzard pearl for this December month. I think this is bunch of bull.
    The sticker price on my GX 470 was $ 53,644.00. the options were

**Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio Package Includes: Generation 5 Navigation System and Rear Camera with Steering Wheel Voice Command button, Bluetooth, EMV Mark Levinson 14-Speaker 240-Watt Premium Audio System, and DVD Changer
    **Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioner
    **Towing Prep Package Includes: Wiring Harness, Converter, Sub-Bracket, Rear Bumber Hitch Cover with Cutout (did not include ball mount)
    **Cargo Tray
    **XM satellite Radio
    **All Weather Mats
    **Preferred Accessory Package: Cargo Mat, Cargo Net and Wheel locks
    Looks there are plenty of 2008 GX470 here in Southern California.
    I saw at least 8 of them (including 1 Blizzard Pearl) on the lot of Carlsbad Lexus.
    No shortages here!
    If you can pick one up from here I suggest sending an email to few of the dealerships and see what kind of deal you can get. This strategy really works.
    :)
  • gregoryokcgregoryokc Member Posts: 2
    I bought an '08 GX470 in Blizzard pearl in Kansas City last month, and that color is in extremely short supply here in the Midwest. The sales rep showed me the allocation sheet, i.e. the number of vehicles with specific colors/equipment levels planned for the next three months, and there were only 1 or 2 per month planned for his dealership in Blizzard. We then found a vehicle in St. Louis and had it brought to KC. I'll bet most of the vehicles in Blizzard have been allocated to Southern California and the New York / New Jersy areas. Ask to see the allocation sheet, by dealer and city, for your part of the country, and if the vehicle you want is somewhere else, you can ask them to have in brought in. Good Luck!
  • jwhytlawjwhytlaw Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the incentives are during "December to Remember" or will this be a "December NOT to Remember"?
  • amtususaamtususa Member Posts: 4
    I talked to a dealer in Houston and was told it only applies to leased cars and the examples they gave did not sound like much, in my opinion!
  • newgalnewgal Member Posts: 5
    I am in the process of negotiating a purchase of a new GX loaded for 50,099, what do you think?
    Depends on what you mean by "loaded"?? I got everything but the rear seat DVD, and I paid 48,100 Taxes Incuded last week, Title Included, AND 5, 10, and 15 thousand mile services included. I think you can do better.
    Fully loaded except for rear entertainment for $47,400

Good deal?
    are you guys talking about 2008? with sport package etc.? Wow, I am way off....
  • jwhytlawjwhytlaw Member Posts: 4
    Where are you guys located?
    Yes, I am talking 08 GX470 with all the options except sports package and rear entertainment for $47,400
    Thanks for your help, so that means you got Lexus Link, towing package, spoiler and satellite radio? Just want to compare apples to apples...thanks
    towing package, 3rd row, spoiler, chrome tip, ...

no satellite, no lexus link, no sports, no rear entertainment.

So what's the best price you've gotten "newgal"? I am interested.