Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2000 F-250 Prices Listed on Edmunds Correct?

tandttandt Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
The MSRP for the F-250 Lariat listed in Ford's Web
Page and the MSRP listed in Edmunds is off by
better than 2K. Anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    hudson5hudson5 Member Posts: 28
    Where is the Ford page with prices?
  • Options
    barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    go to new vehicles on home page,click on make and then model and you can price almost any vehicle out there.
  • Options
    jjones673jjones673 Member Posts: 28
    why would you even consider MSRP? look for the invoice prices and negotiate from there. Prices in Edmund's are the same as in Consumer Reports, although I found Consumer Reports' format easier to use, but it costs $12.00, whereas Edmund's is free. MSRP prices on Edmunds and CR are very close or identical to prices on Ford web site (type in Ford.com or type ford motor company and hit search key, then follow post#2 above). Ford web site is very easy (and fun) to use to build a truck--much better than GM's equivalent web site GMbuypower.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Member Posts: 19
    Edmunds has 99 prices. Yesterday I ran a price check on an F250 from the dealer window sticker against the prices at kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book). They were right to the penny on the MSRP and option list, so I assume they also have the right invoice numbers, which are listed next to MSRP.
  • Options
    jacksonhjacksonh Member Posts: 1
    I found that http://www.carprice.com has correct invoice and MSRP prices (at least on the F-350).
  • Options
    jjones673jjones673 Member Posts: 28
    I looked again last night, and Edmund's has 2000 prices and they are identical to Consumer Reports' 2000 prices, and both are the same as what I am getting quoted by a couple of dealers as invoice prices.
  • Options
    itsseriousitsserious Member Posts: 3
    I did Kelly, Edmunds, and Cars@cost...... they were all the same...... and agreed with the dealers invoice. I paid 500 over..... theo Robbins in costa mesa ca........
  • Options
    gracelandgraceland Member Posts: 3
    Hey Tandt,

At the top of the page where you choose the type of Ford vehicle that you are looking for, there is a selection for 'F-250' and a selection for 'F-250 Superduty'. One takes you to 1999 pricing and the other to 2000 pricing. Yes there is about a $2K price differential. I made the same mistake. The 'Edmunds' prices are accurate as proven by two dealers who would not dispute the numbers but were too proud of their stock to work a fair deal. They say the 250 SD is too hot and hard to come by. Inventory in Memphis is limited, so I will have to order to get what I want. "TIP" --I'm going through a Fleet Leasing agent to order the truck at dealer invoice and no destination charges. Check--you may have one in your area that will order the car for you and you won't have to mess with that showroom B.S.
  • Options
    nyblue68nyblue68 Member Posts: 3
    I've been offered a price of $500.00 over invoice on a 2000 F-250 super duty super cab.. (over invoice from edmunds and kelley blue book pages) can anyone tell me if this seems to be the going rate?
  • Options
    bakerdlbakerdl Member Posts: 6
    See topic #1166. Buyers are paying $200 - $700 over invoice. I ordered 2000 F-250 Crew Cab 4X4 SB thru autobytel.com for a local dealer at invoice.

Later
  • Options
    When you say that you ordered through autobytel and a local dealer, do you have to wait for delivery or is it already in stock at the dealers lot?? Just curious, because I submitted an order and am awaiting a reply.
  • Options
    bakerdl,

Is there a reason your trading your Chevy in for a Ford?? Just curious.
  • Options
    bakerdlbakerdl Member Posts: 6
    OOPS! - typo. I meant from a local dealer (about 100 miles away).

I could have taken 1 they had in stock, but it did not have the options I wanted.

I sold my Chevy because the Extended Cab was just not large enought for the child seats. Can't wait for my SD to come in.

Let me know how autobytel works for you.

Later

Duane
  • Options
    amrmike2amrmike2 Member Posts: 7
    I ordered my '00 250 Lariat,CC,PSD,2WD,SWB at a local dealer who came to my office. We "built" the truck right on the spot off of my Edmunds printout; Codes and prices. He faxed me the DORA the next day and the price was -$24.00 from edmunds. I am buying at the dealer invoice that is basically shown on Edmunds. $0 over. They are getting their 3% but as has been stated, on a HOT Vehicle, anywhere near invoice is a steal.
  • Options
    wburbankwburbank Member Posts: 18
    I am looking to purchase a F250 Lariat, CC,PSD,2WD,SWB. Does anyone know of a invoice Ford dealer in Central California. Will travel if can find the right dealer. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    As a result of 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen". It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.