Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• guardian03guardian03 Member Posts: 12
    According to Edmunds, there is a $1000 manufacturer to dealer incentive for vehicles invoiced before February. This is in addition to the $1500 rebate to consumers.
  • bottomdumpbottomdump Member Posts: 7
    as far as gas mileage what is the best gear ratio the 3.23 or 3.73 and does that affect your towing power
  • boatpullerboatpuller Member Posts: 4
    Interesting comment, I was suppose to take delivery of my new truck early this week and my dealer pushed me off until Thursday, he said it would be worth my wait. Must be a true rumor! I like those kind! Is it Thursday yet!!!!!!!
  • tskelltskell Member Posts: 1
    Thursday is the start of an additional $1000 bonus cash offer on the 07 Silverado, on top of the $1500 existing rebate. $2500 total rebate. I think I've waited long enough....
  • ohiotruckinohiotruckin Member Posts: 1
    It's pretty easy to explain my friend. Just think of it as the high the number ratio the lower your fuel economy will be. But if you are towing quite a bit then the higher ratio is the way to go. Take care.
  • 1offroader1offroader Member Posts: 208
    That's correct ohiotruckin, but in motorhead jargon, a larger number is actually called a "lower" gear ratio.

4.10:1 is "lower" than 3.73:1. Conversely, 3.73:1 is "higher", or "taller", than 4.10:1.

Don't ask me why this is, it just is.

1offroader
  • tacomadudetacomadude Member Posts: 11
    Got a call from GMC dealer yesterday. They said we submitted my order for the 2500HD too late and missed the deadline for the '07s (order placed back in the first week of May). When I placed the order at that time, I specifically asked if we would make the deadline for ordering an '07 and they said no problem. Well, after weeks of the build status not updating, someone finally called and found out the order would not be honored. So now I have to wait til July when Flint starts up '08 prodction. Actually it will probably be more like August once I take delivery... On a positive note, they said the price for my '08 will be no more than $500 more than what we negotiated for the '07 (below invoice, less rebates at time of delivery). So, I'll just have to *patiently* wait now... Anyhow, this is just a minor rant - I could find better info on the internet than what the dealer had. I was not surprised to get the call yesterday.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    The 30000-40000 2500 is one truck I do see 9000-10000 off MSRP advertised, so if you just walked into one dealer, you may want to try emailing 10-20+ chevy dealers within driving distance of your home end of month for their best price on stock close to what you want and see what happens. There may probably be no rebates immediately in the new model year and 3000 or so off MSRP is really no deal.

Good Luck
    --jjf

Got a call from GMC dealer yesterday. They said we submitted my order for the 2500HD too late and missed the deadline for the '07s (order placed back in the first week of May). When I placed the order at that time, I specifically asked if we would make the deadline for ordering an '07 and they said no problem. Well, after weeks of the build status not updating, someone finally called and found out the order would not be honored. So now I have to wait til July when Flint starts up '08 prodction. Actually it will probably be more like August once I take delivery... On a positive note, they said the price for my '08 will be no more than $500 more than what we negotiated for the '07 (below invoice, less rebates at time of delivery). So, I'll just have to *patiently* wait now... Anyhow, this is just a minor rant - I could find better info on the internet than what the dealer had. I was not surprised to get the call yesterday.
  • tmac6tmac6 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2500 LTZ Dmax Friday. Paid right at dealer invoice plus I received $2500 worth of rebates
    Yeah, dealer did a search for me and no dealer in the US has the 2500 configured as I want it (SLE1 4x4 gas, Audio Pkg, Blk/Ebony cloth, HD Trailering, Roof clearance lights, Power sliding window, and 17" rims & tires)... Go figure... So I have just decided to wait for the order. I'm in no hurry, as my current truck is fine. But I'm sure I could get a good deal on leftover 07 stock if they had any. None of the dealers in Jacksonville, FL have any 07 2500HDs left!
  • dgendgen Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 1500 crew cab work truck this weekend. Only options were tinted glass and custom wheels. MSRP was 28,080 - Edmunds site shows 25,700 invoice. I got 2500 in rebates and negotiated final price of 23,100. Traded in my 94 Ranger for add'l 1500, added a bedliner and walked out at 22,000 even. My Ranger was worth 500 tops, so I feel like I did OK.

I talked to 4 dealers and every single one claimed to sell at invoice + $500. Most were offering $1000 for the Ranger. I tried a hard line with this dealer as he had 2 of the trucks invoiced in November, and neither of them had 10 miles on the odometer. How did I do?
    Go to edmunds.com and nada.com and get the price of a used 06 version of the truck you got with 16000 miles on it. If you got yours new within 15-20% the wholesale of a used one by the consumer books you did peachy. It appears you got a 5500 off deal.

--jjf

I bought a 1500 crew cab work truck this weekend. Only options were tinted glass and custom wheels. MSRP was 28,080 - Edmunds site shows 25,700 invoice. I got 2500 in rebates and negotiated final price of 23,100. Traded in my 94 Ranger for add'l 1500, added a bedliner and walked out at 22,000 even. My Ranger was worth 500 tops, so I feel like I did OK.

I talked to 4 dealers and every single one claimed to sell at invoice + $500. Most were offering $1000 for the Ranger. I tried a hard line with this dealer as he had 2 of the trucks invoiced in November, and neither of them had 10 miles on the odometer. How did I do?
  • 12rings12rings Member Posts: 6
    Just to let everyone know my purchasing numbers...
    07 Silverado Crew 4x4 LTZ w/Nav. $44145
    Paid 500 under invoice plus 2500 rebate and a 1000 military rebate. Seemed to be the going rate here in Oklahoma.

Went to buy a tundra but dealer was charging MSRP for the crewmax, he called 2 days after the silverado was in my drive told me 500 over invoice. HA!
    I think I got more features (and truck) for less.
  • 04cad04cad Member Posts: 131
    It should tell you on your GM card statement how much you have accrued. The dealership can redeem it for you when you are buying the new vehicle.
  • 04cad04cad Member Posts: 131
    Uebelhor Chevrolet in Jasper Indiana or John Jones Chevrolet in Salem Indiana usually has the best deals in southern Indiana, especially if you are trading.
  • trumanmtrumanm Member Posts: 3
    I have been pricing 2007 Silverado LTZ Crew Cabs and have been getting price quotes around $6000 off MSRP total after rebate.
    I have been waiting for a better deal but it looks like GM is going to be pretty tight this year.
    Anyone got a better deal than this?
  • crashemcrashem Member Posts: 1
    trumanm, got my LTZ, 6.0 Vortec Max, over the weekend. MSRP was 41,809, after discounts final price was $35,014.
    Did you email 20 or so dealers for quotes last week of the month around your home or did you get quotes from 3 dealers?

--jjf

I have been pricing 2007 Silverado LTZ Crew Cabs and have been getting price quotes around $6000 off MSRP total after rebate.
    I have been waiting for a better deal but it looks like GM is going to be pretty tight this year.
    Anyone got a better deal than this?
  • treehuggerjaketreehuggerjake Member Posts: 14
    I have not owned a pickup in about 15 years, and that one was 10 years old when I let go of it.

I am considering purchasing a 2007 pickup, half ton. I need the larger double cab, full double cab. I will need to use the back seat often for kids and dogs. I want the truck to be able to tow 7,500 pounds, perhaps a little more. I would prefer as good gas mileage as possible. I want the truck to last for years and across the 100,000 mile mark without major repairs.

Should I wait for 2008 to see if problems with the new 2007s have been corrected?

If I purchase this year, what would someone suggest?
  • ripthelipripthelip Member Posts: 3
    I got a new Silverado and I have to say it's great. With my trade of a 1999 Tahoe I only paid 27,000 out the door. I used every incentive they had. I was reading an earlier post and if you need to tow a trailer with a weight of 7300 pounds you should consider a 2500 not a 1500. My 1500 tow a 6300 pound boat fine but I don't think I would push it to 7300. I got the LTZ and the only thing I didn't get is the DVD Navigation System. I got everything else.
  • dwyerchevy07dwyerchevy07 Member Posts: 15
    I bought 2007 truck, 2wd, 3.73 ratio, xcab, LT package, list for 29.7k trading in 99 silverado new style with 127k miles for 5300, GM rate for 1000, GM card for 2783 and rebate on that for 1000, bought 4 yr 80k extended warranty and interest rate at 6.4% for 5.5 yrs for 392.00 per month....(21,723 out the door)....That is good economics. Consumers out there...please take care of your credit and make the good financial moves and this can happen to you. The 99 truck cost me 23,600 out the door and I just got an 07 for 21,700.. The american dream and I am loving this truck!
    dwyerchevy2007
  • trumanmtrumanm Member Posts: 3
    I emailed several dealers on the GM Web site and received at least three quotes there. I visited three dealers and got only one quote there. The main dealer here would not quote a price until I sat down with them.
    I may wait now to see if the 2008 model come out soon.
    I work for the auto supplier who assembles the interior headliner for these trucks. The Flint, MI or Ponitac, MI plant is reducing productivity by 17% through year end. The lots are full but should be chaninge the model year date soon....Usually, would be Oct. 1. I had 2 dealership and they both knew I was using one against the other. It is ALL about the customer. Name your price and if not walk away.
    Best of luck!
  • gmcbobgmcbob Member Posts: 27
    Okay, so I just went out and screwed around today and decided to see what the real difference was between the Tundra and the Silverado/Sierra. I first drove the Tundra. I found one on the lot (instantly!) with the 5.7L engine and cloth seats with just the basic stuff you'd want on a truck - ext cab (not crew cab), nice stereo with a cd player (not sure if it had an iPod adapter or not, can't remember), power windows, locks, cruise and things that should just come standard on a truck these days. I drove it, and I honestly liked it. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would actually. But what I liked the most was the 5.7L motor - I wouldn't drop $30k and get the 4.7L, it's just too weak. The one I test drove stickered for about $31K. Not too bad. 2wd ext. cab (not crew cab)

So, I figured I'd check out the Sierra (GMC dealer right across the highway). I drove one that was almost identically equipped to the Tundra - stickered right at $30,800 - but here's the kicker - it only had the 5.3L. Ok, what the heck, I'll drive it anyway. Didn't compare power wise, the Tundra was a lot better in the drive train dept. So the salesman and I looked around a found a 6.0L on the lot, in 2wd form (in Houston we really don't need 4wd) - but it had leather and a lot of stuff I don't want - it was $34 and change. I drove it - loved the motor - almost as quick and powerful as the Tundra - but did they have one with a bench cloth seat, nice stereo w/some power goodies but not equipped w/tons of doo dads that I'd only want on a BMW? Nope. Not a 6.0L with the basics in sight.

Sooo.....after doing some research, and talking to the salesman, and the sales mngr., it seems that finding a GMC (or Chevy as far as I can tell from the internet) with cloth seats and the basics, for around $30k sticker, with the 6.0L engine, is almost impossible unless you order it. The thing is, the Toyota dealer had a ton of basic, std. trucks w/cloth seats and just a few doo dads w/the high power motor, just the way I'd want it, ON THE LOT. GMC and Chevy dealers need to order more trucks w/the 6.0L engine, w/out all the thrills. I really like the GMC (and Chevy) more in the styling department, but after driving the 5.3L, I would opt for the Toyota w/the 5.7L for the same money. I know I could, in theory, have a Silverado/Sierra w/the 6.0L w/the same options for the same money, but dealers don't have them equipped that way. :confuse:
  • coaltruckcoaltruck Member Posts: 1
    How did I do? This is my first time buying new. Purchased in mid July of 2007 in east PA.

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck Regular Cab
    Automatic transmission
    4WD
    4.8L V8 engine
    Exterior Color:GRYSTONE MET
    Interior Color:DK TITAN CLTH

$21255.00 STANDARD price
    2585.00 OPTIONS
    $23840.00 total with options
    900.00 destination charge
    $24740.00
    _________

$1500.00 GM incentive (subtract)
    500.00 Gm conquest bonus (subtract)
    $1000.00 Dealer discount (subtract)

$21740.00 AMOUNT I PAID (I paid cash)
    PLUS TAX,TITLE,PLATE

WORK TRUCK PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP includes standard
    equipment

GLASS SOLAR-RAY DEEP-TINTED (all windows except light
    tinted glass on windshield and driver and front passenger side glass) (With Regular Cab models includes rear window. With Extended Cab models includes rear and rear quarter windows. With Crew Cab models or (C49) rear-window defogger includes light-tinted rear window.) $50.00

GVWR 6800 LBS. (3084 KG) (Requires CC10753 CC10543 CK10903 and CK10553 models. Standard on CC10543 and CK10553 models.)

AIR CONDITIONING SINGLE-ZONE MANUAL FRONT CLIMATE CONTROL (Standard on Extended and Crew Cab models.) $870.00

DIFFERENTIAL HEAVY-DUTY AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR (Included with (PCY) Towing Package.) $325.00

REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO (Refer to Engine/Axle chart for availability.)

CRUISE CONTROL ELECTRONIC with set and resume speed located on steering wheel $240.0

ENGINE VORTEC 4.8L V8 SFI (295 hp [220.0 kW] @ 5600 rpm 305 lb-ft torque [411.8 N-m] @ 4800 rpm) iron block (Standard with CK10553 CK10753 and C*10543 models only. Not available on C*10953 models.)

TRANSMISSION 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED with overdrive and tow/haul mode (STD)

NEW JERSEY COST SURCHARGE *Required on all vehicles ordered by New Jersey dealers*

SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE includes 15-amp power for backup and roof emergency light (KW1) 160-amp alternator high-flow front bumper forward lamp wiring harness (TRW) Provision for cab roof mounted lamp/beacon instrument panel jumper wiring harness for electric trailer brake controller (K47) high-capacity air cleaner (KNP) auxiliary external transmission oil cooler and (NZZ) Skid Plate Package (Requires CK15*03 models. Not available with (LU3) Vortec 4.3L V6 MFI engine or (CJ2) dual-zone au $405.00

EMISSIONS MAINE MASSACHUSETTS NEW YORK OR VERMONT STATE REQUIREMENTS

WORK TRUCK CONVENIENCE PACKAGE includes (AU3) power door locks (AU0) remote keyless entry and (U1C) AM/FM stereo with CD player $695.00

1 year free Onstar
  • seaboneseabone Member Posts: 8
    hi - would like to find out how to get $6000 off sticker on a 07 silverado ltz crew to seabone726@aol.com - thanks for your time - am in south carolina
    Seabone-
    If you have a GM MasterCard, watch for incentives from GM to match you money, work with more than one dealership, have a vehicle to trade and say this dealership with give me this, take all the GM rebates and dealership rebates and you could get up to 10k off. Best of luck. It worked for me. 9700.00 off my LT x-cab 2wd, loaded minus leather out the door 21,700.00 List was 29,700, plus I paid for xtras.
  • txchevytrucktxchevytruck Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I have a question. Has anyone here ever bought a new car and had the rebates go up in the next couple days? A friend of mine just had this happen. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what you did about it- if anything. Maybe the dealership would want to step up and offer something to make him happy, but I really don't know. It's something I had not thought about before.
    Your best defense against this is to buy at the beginning of the model year and pay lots more. Then at least you will not have the rebates go up within a short time like they do at the end of july or august when they are clearing out inventory for the new models. (when you should be buying)

Do check on the terms of the rebate on edmunds or gm's site and see if it applies to his purchase date. He can send in the form with his invoice and such.

If your friend paid 27000 or so and will have 37000 in it with finance charges over 5 years and missed out on 500 or so on rebates tell him to enjoy his car.

--jjf

I have a question. Has anyone here ever bought a new car and had the rebates go up in the next couple days? A friend of mine just had this happen. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what you did about it- if anything. Maybe the dealership would want to step up and offer something to make him happy, but I really don't know. It's something I had not thought about before.
  • carboy3carboy3 Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to purchase a new 2500HD with 6.0 engine, 4x4, automatic. I have a choice of a 2007 "Classic" or a late 2007 all new style. Has the gas mileage of the new style improved very much? It has a six speed auto vs. the Classic's 4 speed. It also has "taller" rear end gears. I'm told Classic gas mileage is 10 - 12 mpg ! Is new style much better? What do you know? What have you experienced?
  • txchevytrucktxchevytruck Member Posts: 2
    Thank you jfritsch, you make some good points!
    Go with the new style, the gas mileage is much better due to the 6-speed auto. In light-footed to average driving, expect 13-15 city and 17-18 highway. If you're a lead foot or tow, expect less obviously... So as you see here this heavy duty gets about the same mileage as most light duty trucks.
    Well my *08* 2500HD EC 6.0 SLE1 finally arrived at the dealer tonight. I'll be pickin' it up Wed night. She's a looker that's for sure. Definitely the best black paint job I've ever seen. Hopefully it'll be worth the two month wait. I ended up at $500 below invoice plus a $500 rebate (on the '08s) out the door. Too bad that 0% financing isn't available on the '08s, but I got a great deal at my credit union. Overall the dealership has been amazing throughout the ordering process, especially their fleet manager who answered my many many questions... Now I just need to do a lil more research on break-in procedure, since this is my first GM vehicle... :shades:
    where do you watch for the incentives at on the credit card web site or the chevy web site?
    You would watch on both. The chevy.com site has a selection on bonus and would be the main, then watch your card site to verify how much you have earned so far. Be care dealerships don't like it when you use your GM card money if real high. And verify directly with GM card first so the dealership doesn't say no! They are sneaky. My dealership lost money on my deal as I got a good trade, incentive for the trade, GM card money and incentives on the card money. I was just required to go tell friends how good it was at my dealership!
    how did u get or find out about the incentives on your card money
    The GM card money incentives would still be posted on chevy.com , click on Shop Current Offers, click on the Feature Offers tab....Right now it is year end clearance and will get hotter in the months to come...This is what is is so far... This was a cut and paste from their site!

Chevy Model Year End Event

It's easy to pick out your new 2007 Chevy car, truck, SUV, crossover vehicle or van, and take advantage of a great selection, thanks to the Chevy Model Year End Event. Pick your model, select your color, and choose from the wide range of dealer-installed Chevy accessories.
    But hurry, because the '07s are going fast.

0% APR for 60 Months1

It's the Chevy Model Year End Event! The best offer ever is now available on the all-new Silverado. 0% APR for 60 months1 on all half-ton extended and crew cabs for well qualified buyers. Silverado has the best available highway fuel economy2 and a warranty better than Ford. Better than Toyota. That's 0% APR for 60 months1 on our most popular Silverado models
  • hate23putthate23putt Member Posts: 3
    Current incentive is 3500 rebate on Dcab and 3000 on Xcab. Should I assume that I am either going to pay invoice less the rebate and get me own financing or pay invoice and get me own financing or is there more room to work with? I am also trying to figure out why the XCab is about $3k less than the Dcab when comparing same features. Any thoughts from someone in Dallas who has just purchase a 1500?
  • dunkbaitdunkbait Member Posts: 5
    I am ready to buy a new crew cab and would like to know if I should buy an 08 or an 07. I really like the new "deep ruby" color in the 08's and am not really excited about any of the 07 colors. However it appears as though the 08 will cost at least $2,500 more because of the incentives on the 07's.

Any thoughts?? Opinions???
  • mizzouengmizzoueng Member Posts: 4
    Are you talking about the "Sport Red Metallic" color? Thats available in the 07 model.

If you can find the color you want in an 07, go for it. The current incentives and rebates are good. The best way to find the truck you want is to use the GMC (or chevy) vehicle locator on the respective website. Just keep changing the zip code until you find the truk you want. Doing this will help you in the long run and you already know where the truck you want is and you can get a quote for it from that dealership.
  • dunkbaitdunkbait Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info. Chevy/GMC discontinued the "Sport Red"
    the new color is "Deep Ruby" it is a little more burgundy than the sport red
  • dukebludukeblu Member Posts: 18
    Great deal. Put together the $5K in rebates from GM along with about $2700 on the GM Card and drive out price on a LB WT with the 5.3 was around $13.3K after taxes. What a deal. That's cheaper than my 5.2V8 Dakota Sport 13 years ago.

If you still find one on the lots these are incredible buys. Got mine at Bickerstaff GMC in Atlanta and they had another 5.3LB when I got mine.
  • mcbockaldsmcbockalds Member Posts: 1
    Great deal! How did you get $5K in rebates from GM? I see $2K on the 2007 reg cab. Did the dealer get you another $3K?? What was MSRP and Invoice on your truck?
  • dumbblonde1dumbblonde1 Member Posts: 1
    We're actually looking at a GMC Sierra Crew Cab, but GMC won't honor our card money because we get supplier pricing (which, ironically is $50 cheaper than the TMV pricing on Edmunds HAH). Is there a way around this? I've funneled $10k a year through our GM Card for four years to get $2 k in card points. I hate to loose those points, because I won't be buying another car for quite a while.
  • dukebludukeblu Member Posts: 18
    It was the Classic not the new model. But for the price could not resist. The MSRP was 20,425. Great deal on a LB 5.3.
  • rphelanrphelan Member Posts: 3
    2007 Chevrolet CC10543 - Silverado: 1500 2WD Crew Cab Short Box
    Color1: 41U Black Exterior Color
    Color2: N/A
    Trim: 84D Ebony/Light Titanium Custom Cloth
    Package: 1LT LT1 Option Package
    Engine: LY5 Engine: 5.3L, V-8
    Trans: M30 Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    Other: 1SZ Option Package Discount
    AJ1 Glass: Deep Tinted
    AP8 Remote Start Accomodations Package
    AU3 Power Door Locks
    AZ3 Uplevel Bench Seats
    B30 Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor Mats
    B32 Floor Mats, Front
    B33 Floor Mats, Rear
    B85 Moldings, Body Side, Black or Bright, Package Dependent
    C49 Defogger, Rear Window, Electric
    C5U GVW Rating 6800 Lbs
    C67 Air Conditioning, Manual
    DF5 Mirror I/S R/V-Lt Sens-Compass/Temp
    DL8 Mirrors, O/S, Power, Heated
    E63 Body, Fleetside
    FE9 Federal Emissions
    G80 Locking Differential, Rear
    GT4 Rear Axle, 3.73 Ratio
    JL4 Stabilitrak - Stability Control
    K34 Cruise Control
    K47 Air Cleaner, High Capacity
    KNP Transmission Cooling System
    P58 Wheel 20" Polished Aluminum
    PDA Texas Edition
    QSS Tires, P275/55R20, All Season, Blackwall
    R9Z Sold Order Expedite
    SAF Spare Tire Lock
    TUF Emblem - Texas Edition Package
    UE1 OnStar Communication System
    US8 Radio, AM/FM Stereo, Auto Tone, CD
    V22 Grille: Chrome Surround
    V76 Recovery Hooks
    VK3 License Plate Front Mounting Pkg
    Z60 Suspension Package: High Performance
    Z82 Trailering Package
    ZY1 Solid Paint Application

for $24,962 +TT&L - this includes my GM supplier discount and 4000 cash back.

any comments would be helpful.
    If this is a new body style 32000 or so MSRP truck it is about an average deal. If the old body style too high.

good luck
    --jjf
    2007 Chevrolet CC10543 - Silverado: 1500 2WD Crew Cab Short Box
    Color1: 41U Black Exterior Color
    Color2: N/A
    Trim: 84D Ebony/Light Titanium Custom Cloth
    Package: 1LT LT1 Option Package
    Engine: LY5 Engine: 5.3L, V-8
    Trans: M30 Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    Other: 1SZ Option Package Discount
    AJ1 Glass: Deep Tinted
    AP8 Remote Start Accomodations Package
    AU3 Power Door Locks
    AZ3 Uplevel Bench Seats
    B30 Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor Mats
    B32 Floor Mats, Front
    B33 Floor Mats, Rear
    B85 Moldings, Body Side, Black or Bright, Package Dependent
    C49 Defogger, Rear Window
  • rphelanrphelan Member Posts: 3
    yes, it's the new body style.. final price would be 24,9xx + TT&L after rebates & Supplier discount.

what's the invoice on one of these? is Edmunds dead-on on invoice pricing?

it really hinges on my trade in.. we'll see how it goes.
  • njv16njv16 Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I'm looking at an new body style 2007 Silverado Crew Cab LT1 4WD truck. With it optioned out how I want it, the MSRP is $34,300. I have been trying to deal on a truck like this for the past month but dealers don't seem to be dealing. What would be a good, but realistic price, to get this truck at after rebates and negotiating but before taxes?
    Depending on what you mean by dealing, 7000-8000+ off msrp is a good deal.

Put out requests for bids via email to 20-30 dealers last week of the month (chevy website) with your requirements ,top 3-4 color choices and approximate msrp. Tell them you are buying before end of month and have emailed 30 dealers. Work the top 3-5 out of the 10 or so who respond against one another (2nd round 10 get your cell #). You want price with all doc fees and title included. Do 98% of your work from your air conditioned home and expend your energy on those who make the cut. Its useless walking in to 1 or 2 dealerships trying to "haggle" as only about 10% of dealerships toward the end of a given month really need to make a sale.

Good luck
    --jjf