Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sleukemsleukem Member Posts: 22
    You really don't know a thing about purchasing a new vehicle. It doesn't matter one ioda which day of the month you decide to purchase a vehicle.

I'm sorry to say but you are half wrong on that statement.

If a dealership is approaching the end of the month and has not made their sales quota, they will be more willing to deal on their inventory.

Now if the dealership has been hot then they will not have much incentive to deal on their vehicles. In this case, you are right. It will not depend on what day of the month it is to buy. Jfritsch covered this in post 459. He mentioned that if a dealer was popular, you could beat your head against a wall and only get a free oil change. Something to that effect anyway. :)
  • fueledupfueledup Member Posts: 64
    Wrong wrong wrong! If a car is hot it's all about negotiation skills. If a car is cold it's gotta go. On the first , the fiftenth, the thirty-first, or any day in between. The last day of the month b.s. is all about creating a mirage of you have to buy it now or this great bargain will disappear. Quota is every day of the month!
    I realize quota is every day of the month. That is why if they haven't reached their sales quota by the end of the month they would be more likely to deal with you.

Sorry but I have never heard a car salesman tell me that at the beginning of the next month it will go up so I really don't get your mirage scenario.
  • puttercaputterca Member Posts: 4
    after a few months of researching, i finally pulled the trigger today.
    1500 ext cab, 2wd, with california pkg MSRP 29315
    i paid 26480, so about 10% off MSRP and i took the 0% financing
    they also gave me a fair deal on my trade-in.
    from my experience, the internet quotes i was getting were 5-6% below msrp, and I could get a few of them to 8-9% after a little negotiating, but they were insulting me with what they wanted to give up for the trade-in. my biggest asset was the research i've done and the posts i've read on edmunds to see what everyone else is paying. having the knowledge of a what a good deal would be, as well as having a few dealers competing for my business gave me the advantage in the negotiating process and it was actually very quick and painless.
  • fueledupfueledup Member Posts: 64
    congrats. give updates on your mpg as you motor along. good luck.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    The last day of the month b.s. is all about creating a mirage of you have to buy it now or this great bargain will disappear. Quota is every day of the month!

True, a good deal can be had any day of the month, but the "best" deals will be had the last couple days of the month. Why you ask? Because at the beginning of each month, dealers are optimistic about hitting their numbers and believe that they have 31 days to achieve their goals.

Example: Customer comes in on the 2nd and gets quoted $250 over (sounds decent, right?). Besides, dealer has 29 days to haggle with him, or move on to customer B, so the desperation of a sale is not prevalent yet.

Now, the same customer waits 'til the 30th and that $250 over quote drops to $1250 below. That's a $1500 swing and a subtantial savings - certainly worth waiting a few weeks for.

You have to remember though, prices are affected in so many different ways - color, engine, tranny, options, length of time in inventory, etc.
  • kgabekgabe Member Posts: 25
    Rebates $2000 Cash to Customer start: 03/04/2008 end: 06/02/2008
    Get Dealer Pricing
    Restrictions $2000 Customer Cash may not be combined with 3.9% - 6.9% APR.
    Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
    $1000 Cash to Customer start: 05/22/2008 end: 06/02/2008

Restrictions GM Memorial Day Event Bonus Cash is good towards the purchase or lease of select vehicles.

$1500 Cash to Customer start: 05/22/2008 end: 06/02/2008
    Restrictions GM Memorial Day Overage Bonus Cash is good towards the purchase or lease of select vehicles. Vehicles must have a price effective date on or before January 22, 2008 to qualify.

WHAT does this last sentence mean?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I'm assuming it means the manfacture date sticker on the door or drivers doorjamb.

--jjf
  • dukebludukeblu Member Posts: 18
    Just bought a 5.3 LB WT. Had air, Z85 suspension and dealer installed bed liner. Didn't want the bed liner, but nobody else around had a 5.3 LB WT. MSRP $20,890, $21,118 with bedliner. Well after the main $1500R, Memorial Day $1000R, Pre 1/22 R $1500, Private Conquest $1500R, GM Card $1500R, GM Card Bonus $1000R, I used a total of $8000 in rebates. I thought I would never beat the $7700R I got off my GMC Classic 5.3 WT last year. To top it off the pre 1/22 trucks MSRP base at 17,455 newer ones at $17,890.

So traded in the GMC plus $2,950 and have a new truck. Upgrades were cd, bed liner and HD suspension over the GMC. Plus I had three gallons in the GMC 33 in the Chevy. Thats $120 buck incentive right there. 7% better fuel economy with 7% more horse power. And XM radio. The GMC had 12,500 miles. The deal is out the door.

With the better options, better 5.3 the deal is right there with the trade I made last August for the GMC trading a 2006 bare bones 5.3/Air LB Silverado WT with 32k miles plus $2,150 for same 2007 GMC. GM is letting me always drive a new 5.3 LB for under $250 a month. The no trade in cost on the truck cash after tax would have been under $13,700. I paid $14,200 for my SB 5.2 Dakota Sport with less options 14 years ago. Needless to say, I'm a fan of the GM Card.
  • asylum575asylum575 Member Posts: 72
    Dukeblu,
    Where did you find out about the $1000 GM card bonus rebate? I haven't seen it or gotten any information on it.
  • hotrod1965hotrod1965 Member Posts: 21
    GM dealers can only go so low off the sticker price.(unless you expect them to lose money) They are generally regulated my GM on what they can sell trucks and cars for. So to expect 10K off sticker is pretty unlikely, since GMS pricing is usually about 10% off. So if you get 10% off plus rebates you are doing pretty good.
    As far as what it is worth 12 months later... who cares? A vehicle isn't an investment, it's a tool you need to live.
    GMCard just sent it to me out of the blue, probably around the first of May. $1000 bonus good only on Silverado and Sierra. gmcard.com/1000offer is the link. Offer expires on 6/02

So they sent me a private offer and additionally sent me the $1000 GM card bonus. When I saw the Memorial Day incentives and realized the base price had gone up $435 on newer arriving ones as of late, figured pulling the trigger now would be a lot cheaper than trying to upgrade a bit later.
    Thats silly. The first 12 months depreciation is a good determinant of how unrealistic msrp is. Almost all trucks depreciate about the same after the 1st year. The Dodge Ram 1500 msrp 42000 wholesales for 20000 after 12 months or so. Adding up rebates, subtract invoice etc gets you about 8000-9000 off msrp. They sell all day long at 12000+ (preferably the plus off), except for unfortunates who pay msrp (not an insignificant number) and folks trying to calculate dealer "cost" by published invoice figures. Invoice has been a nominal figure for over 15 years. This is especially true for trucks. Eating 10000 to drive a truck 1st year with a 12000 discount is financially painful.

Chevy isn't this bad, (their msrp is slightly more realistic) but with a 38000 vehicle wholesaling for 14000 off msrp or so after 12 months, don't get carried away with a big 7500 discount with conquest rebate, military rebate, student discount,loyalty discount, trade in bonus,dealer discount, gm card, gm card bonus, x-plan, wack dealer's ex-wife discount, etc... 7500 off is an average deal, and they are hardly giving it away at that price.

Good luck
    --jjf

GM dealers can only go so low off the sticker price.(unless you expect them to lose money) They are generally regulated my GM on what they can sell trucks and cars for. So to expect 10K off sticker is pretty unlikely, since GMS pricing is usually about 10% off. So if you get 10% off plus rebates you are doing pretty good.
    As far as what it is worth 12 months later... who cares? A vehicle isn't an investment, it's a tool you need to live.
    When you leverage $8000 of rebates against a $21k MSRP whole different set of economics. I can have them give me between 10-10.5K trade on the same truck that's one year old and have it equate to a cost of less than $250 a month depreciation. So yes, I'm getting carried away. On a $42k truck, agree the economic picture changes.
    You missed the point. The dealer doesn't get to decide what the lowest price is on the truck, GM does. The trick is figuring out what that lowest price is, which typically is the GMS price, then you can add on whatever rebates ...etc
    I don't know why you are replying to my post. At no time did I say you should expect 10K off sticker price. Your arguement is with someone else.
    But is GM Supplier price valid with all types of the GM Card? Think after July 2003, that quit being an option on a lot of the card variants. So for those with a standard type GM Card, probably wiser to not worry about Supplier pricing.
    How much better do you guys think prices will be after june?
  • crewcabbcrewcabb Member Posts: 13
    I have a chance to purchase this vehicle with a 5.3L engine,it is a demo ,has 3500 miles on it,for $9000.00 off Invoice of 32306.00,is this a good deal at all??? Thanks for your help.
    So you would be paying $23306.? If that is the case, that would be a sweet deal. At 3500 miles, it really is a new truck!
    Is the $32306 the invoice or MSRP? If it's the invoice, then the MSRP would be around $35500 and getting it for under $24000 would be a steal, um, ehr a very good deal.
  • cleansilveradocleansilverado Member Posts: 5
    First off let me just say hello to all my chevy silverado owners....just thought id start off with....i just bought a 07 LT2 new body style silverado with the 5.3 flex fuel, loaded to the gills except leather and GPS with only 2100 miles, yes 2100 miles, for a price of 25,000 including TTL. i absolutely love it, especially the 20" rims. The crew cab is awesome for the kids and the truck doesnt even have so much as a mark on it anywhere. Billet grille, toneau cover and bed liner, running boards, rear stereo, towing pckg, garage door opener, remote start, and on star. i think i got lucky with the buy...just wondering what you guys thought. Cant wait to be active in the forum here. Looking to see what you guys think about oils, CAI's, exhaust, etc. Anyways....first post here so please feedback with anything.... later!
    Actually it will come off the MSRP which is 34,620.00 on this vehicle,so it would be 25,620.00 plus TTL.
    No,my mistake ,it is off the MSRP,which is 34,620.00 ,which would come to 25,620.00 plus TTL. ,still a deal????
    What was the sticker?
    I thought the way a dealer would drop his pants off a demo for 12000 off msrp was suspicious, if it was a second owner or wrecked. MSRP makes a lot more sense.

About 8000 off msrp has been an average deal off a new vehicle like this in july for the last few years, that was before the gas prices made the value of these vehicles really fall. About 3500 miles on a demo at 30 cents a mile or so would put you at 9000 off msrp for an average or slightly better deal a year or two ago. Definitely nothing to write home about for an 08 now unless a significant amount of dealer add-ons.

Its not a really bad deal either, just don't base the purchase on the assumption you're getting a great deal. The deal with 0% for 36 or 60 months would be much better.

If you look up the wholesale trade in value of a used 07 like the 08 you're looking at (what your 08 will be worth in 12 months) on kbb.com or nada.com you will see it probably wholesales for about 15000 off msrp. This is probably optimistic as the value of 20 mpg trucks are falling as we speak and the books are high.

Good luck
    --jjf

No,my mistake ,it is off the MSRP,which is 34,620.00 ,which would come to 25,620.00 plus TTL. ,still a deal????
    Just got my 08 ext cab 2wd all star edition. Also love the 20in rims! Leased it for $204/month out the door with no money down. Has a sticker of $30110. Deals are pretty sweet if you really need a truck. I leased, for the fear it may be worthless in 3 years.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Hi cleansilverado...

Be sure to check out our other Silverado forums here:

Chevy Silverado

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

yes,I thought the deal wasn't that good after all,they don't want to dicker on the price of more than 9 grand off, another question,I have talked to 2 people that have gotten the Silverado "08" with the Z71 package on it and they said they have a hard time gettin 13mpg. on the highway,very dissappointed in the gas mileage on them,another thing for me to look at I guess, I am looking for better gas mileage,but,hopefully more than that and that is also with the 5.3L engine,yikes!!
    under forums "prices paid" there should also be a real world driving experience forum for the silverado discussing mpg. 13.5 would be realistic with lots of city driving. Lotsa highway I would imagine 18 or better.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • darkbludarkblu Member Posts: 5
    I got an 08 Z71 Crew Cab in April. Lightly loaded I've been getting 15 mpg for city driving and 18 mpg for highway. I've been pretty happy with the truck, money well spent and I figure I only got around $7500 off MSRP.
    It's all about how you drive on what gas miliage you get. I can hold mine at 50mph in V4 mode and get about 26mpg, it gets about 22-23 in V4 mode at around 70mph, but once in V8 mode, it gets 18-20mpg.
    I haven't had mine very long, but it seems like 15 around town and 18-21 average on the highway would be normal. But if you have a heavy foot, and drive at 80mph on the highway, I bet all you would get is 13-15mpg.
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    Dude, that's a great deal. What was your selling price? Residual? Term?
    I'm not really sure, didn't look at it that close. I get GMS and there are $5000 in rebates. So it must have been around 22K. I leased it for 39 months and 10K miles per year.
    sticker was 36,200
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    That monthly payment is simply not possible. I'm not completely sure of the current residual and money factor but going off the May numbers here's what I come up with:

You say the truck was the Ext. Cab All-Star Edition 2WD and had a sticker price of $30,110. GMS price would at best be $28,000. You also said you got $5,000 in rebates. So, that would mean cap cost of $23,000 NOT EVEN INCLUDING ACQUISITION FEE, minus a GENEROUS? 57% residual of $17,162.70 = $5,837.30 divided by 39 = $149.67. Rent Charge at 4.75% would be $79.49 which would make your pre-tax payment $229.16 per month. Add even 7% sales tax and you are at $245.20

$245.20 a month would be the best case scenario. Add in acquistion fee and lower residual for the 39 month, even though it was the 10,000 miles, and actual GMS price closer to $29K and you are over $250 easy.

If you put down money just say you did. I don't get why people come on here and lie about their deals.

As I tell everyone who lies about their lease payment...POST YOUR LEASE CONTRACT NUMBERS LINE BY LINE. IF YOU ARE LYING, THE NUMBERS WILL TELL THE TALE.
    I don't think anyone is regularly lying about their deals. They could be leaving out down payments, taxes paid and such but there aren't many posts on this board from regular purchasers, much less liars.

7000 off msrp was an ok deal the last few july's. Nothing to write home about. With these machines in freefall, and many dealers not taking them in trade, a true 9000 off deal, generous residual and 2% instead of 4.75% subsidized rate off a new lease is not inconcieveable, especially if the dealer needs to make a sale to meet a target for the month. Or in a heavy truck region. I would have thought he left off the down payment too in previous years but for 20mpg trucks (especially domestic with probably a 1million+ truck overcapacity) it wouldn't surprise me now.

Good luck
    --jjf

That monthly payment is simply not possible. I'm not completely sure of the current residual and money factor but going off the May numbers here's what I come up with:

You say the truck was the Ext. Cab All-Star Edition 2WD and had a sticker price of $30,110. GMS price would at best be $28,000. You also said you got $5,000 in rebates. So, that would mean cap cost of $23,000 NOT EVEN INCLUDING ACQUISITION FEE, minus a GENEROUS? 57% residual of $17,162.70 = $5,837.30 divided by 39 = $149.67. Rent Charge at 4.75% would be $79.49 which would make your pre-tax payment $229.16 per month. Add even 7% sales tax and you are at $245.20

$245.20 a month would be the best case scenario. Add in acquistion fee and lower residual for the 39 month, even though it was the 10,000 miles, and actual GMS price closer to $29K and you are over $250 easy.

If you put down money just say you did. I don't get why people come on here and lie about their deals.

As I tell everyone who lies about their lease payment...POST YOUR LEASE CONTRACT NUMBERS LINE BY LINE. IF YOU ARE LYING, THE NUMBERS WILL TELL THE TALE.
    I see in some posts the abbreviation ,GMS,what does that mean, I see it on a sheet the dealer gave me,and yes I forgot to ask him what that meant. I am turning in my Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 on July 3rd ,it is a "03" ,so am looking at better gas mileage ,than 11 mpg.,it has the 6.0 in it, I wanted to buy it from the bank,but,there price on it was crazy,15,500.00,since they said they were going to send it to the auction anyways ,I wanted to see if they would discount it ,but ,hell no,they would rather take a loss at the auction,go figure!!
    Well first off, GMS price was 26,708, but I think this has the $2000 rebate applied, but my paper work doesn't say that anywhere, it just says my GMS price was26708.
    I paid my security deposit, lisence plate fee, tire warrenty, doc fee and first months payment up front for about $889 (had to buy a new plate$$). If you knew a little about math, you would find that you give money away if you put money down on a lease.
    So here's your line by line striaght off my contract.
    a. Gross cap cost..........27577.23
    b. cap cost reduction.....$4200 (3000 loyalty cash plus 1200 all star edition cash)
    c. adjusted cap cost......$23377.23
    d. residual value.........$19567.20
    e. depreciation etc.......$3810.03
    f. rent charge...............$3118.17
    g. total base of monthlypayments .....$6928.20
    h. lease payments .................36 (sorry, i think I said 39 initially)
    i. base payment....................$192.45
    j. tax.....................................$11.55
    Total........................................$204

You have to remeber that right now the LT1 with the power pack and the all star pack have extra discounts.

This site is to help folks out about cars and trucks. I got a lot of info off here before I leased this, which I am greatful for. It is just really sad that some folks try to pump thier egos up by trying to make someone look bad, when in this case, this guy didn't get all the info, and now needs to say he is sorry to me... Next time buddy, just ask nicely to fill in all the gaps. As you can see, I am more than happy to show you how I got my payment.
    GMS is the price that GM employess and family members pay for a car or truck.
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    You say I'm trying to "pump my ego" by making people look bad??? WRONG. I'M JUST TRYING TO MAKE A LITTLE SENSE OUT OF YOUR FLIP FLOPPING POSTS.

1. You said initially that your MSRP was $30,110 with GMS Price of $26,708 with
    some additional undocumented $2,000 rebate phantomly applied. It doesn't
    make any sense.
    2. You said you put "OUT THE DOOR NO MONEY DOWN" when in fact you now
    claim to have paid at least $889. Nothing down indicates to most people
    SIGN AND DRIVE. ZERO OUT OF POCKET.
    3. Someone asked what SELLING PRICE was and you said...
    "I'm not really sure, didn't look at it that close. I get GMS and there are $5000
    in rebates. So it must have been around 22K." Now you are claiming $6,200 in
    rebates. What?
    4. You claimed initially that you leased for 39 months now claim 36 months. How
    could you not at least get this right? Don't tell me you don't know 36 from 39.
    5. Your residual is around what 65%? On a 2wd 36 month? That is suspect.
    Plus your money factor seemed low to what others were getting. Again, I'm not
    privy to the newest info. Just saying.

If these numbers ARE correct, post them right the first time. Don't guess "around $22K" and expect anyone to believe you. I still don't think that GMS price on a $30,110 MSRP is $26,708 and I don't think the residual would even be within 10% of 65%. When I looked at GM Family First website it was not even close to that. However, that was not knowing your options on the truck. I would ask you what options you have but I would probably get 3 different answers so it just isn't worth my time.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You asked for the line-by-line off the contract... Now you have it..

Time to move on...

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Live here in Arlington,Texas ,am looking at 2008 CrewCab 1500,with a 5.3L engine,2wd, with LT1 convenience package and the Texas Edition,cloth seats. On the paperwork the salesman gave me it has 32,900.00MSRP,,,,invoice amount,,,,,30,649.00,,,GMS amount,,,29,120.85. Now they are offering to sell me this vehicle for 30,424 plus 2000.00 rebate ,plus 3,000.00 GM loyality dicount ,which brings to sale price to 25,524.00. Would this be a good deal or do I need to try to get this price down more yet??? Don't forget this is 60 month no interest rite now also. Thanks for any help
    Excuse me for not looking over the numbers line by line when I leased it. The dealer called and said it will cost $204 a month for a no money down lease. so I said bring me the truck and I'll take it. Yes I paid $889 up front, but you have to pay fees up front when you lease. that is just how it works, especially since i have never leased before. I decided to pay for my plates up front instead of paying interest on them by rolling them in the lease. I can't help how expensive plate are here. Sec. Deposit, first month, tire warrenty, fax fee and plates were my $889. Nothing off the top.

So to clearify for everyone. I have the invoice in my hand right now, and the GMS price really is $26708. If I could post PDF's I would be more than happy to post it here. You want me to email it to you, I will. GMS is usually about 10%(at least off the last two cars I have bought). So to help you out, 10% of 30K, is 3000. So GMS should be about 27K. So how is 26708 that far off from the 27K estimate? That would be $292 to help you out with the math...(Maybe you are confusing GMS with invoice price?? GMS is less than invoice, the invoice price was $28017) As far as the rebates, I just looked online on what GM was offering, and it seemed it was 5k.

As far as flip flopping posts.... I did say I wasn't sure on the numbers, then I went and got you the line by line. I'm missing the flip flop here... AGAIN, the dealer gave me the bottom line, and I said I'll take it. At $204 per month, I don't really care how they get there. When you buy with GMS, it isn't going to get any cheaper...

You also have to figure that my deals here in SE Michigan, for a family member of a GM employee, might be a little different than other parts of the world. Our lease rates might be a little better.

i just wish you woulld cool it a little. All you have to do is ask and I will look into it for you. there is no real reason to be a prick about it. Why would I lie about something llike a lease payment? I posted it to let folks know that great deals are out there if you want to lease. If you do your home work, you would know that dealers add onto the base lease payment to make more money. You can use this info as a barganing point, since you will get two different lease rates for the same truck from different dealers....

As far as options. It is a LT1, has the LT1 con. pack, All star edition and a ez lift gate, 3.73 rear.
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    The GMS price seems right on to me. I can log in to GM Family First web site and that price looks about right. My only question would be the residual. It does work out to about 65%. Are the Silverado 2wd's really 65%? I was looking at Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram. They are both way lower, around 46-53%. I'm not saying you're lying or anything. I'm just curious as to how you got such a great residual. Even for 10,000 miles per year that seems high for 2wd. Perhaps Car_Man could advise current rates to clarify.
    hey crew....i had a fleet mgr print up an invoice price for me on a 2007 LT2 loaded except for nav. and leather and it was right around 30. so i think thats a pretty good deal you're getting. id go with it.
    With about 7500 off msrp combined with 0% for 60 months you have about an 10500 off deal. More if your credit is nicked.(look up the interest on 25000 for 5 years at 4.9%) If they dropped their pants quickly for this I would certainly run the deal (8000 or so off with 0% of course) past 10 or more other dealers with the truck I want (via chevy website) and see how eager they are. (with the top 4 or so getting my cell#)

Would say its a great deal, but if a used 07 like it with 15000 miles has a trade in value of 19000, that may really mean about 17 and change if that. You see where I'm going here. You don't know where the bottom is unless you get competitive bids to find out.

Deals like this should get some of the folks to calm down about low lease payments as these trucks are moving like mud. They've made the GM, Ford and other domestic manufacturers viable, with their high markups. They say they are going to concentrate on making higher mileage vehicles profitable, but they've said that for years.

Good luck
    --jjf

Live here in Arlington,Texas ,am looking at 2008 CrewCab 1500,with a 5.3L engine,2wd, with LT1 convenience package and the Texas Edition,cloth seats. On the paperwork the salesman gave me it has 32,900.00MSRP,,,,invoice amount,,,,,30,649.00,,,GMS amount,,,29,120.85. Now they are offering to sell me this vehicle for 30,424 plus 2000.00 rebate ,plus 3,000.00 GM loyality dicount ,which brings to sale price to 25,524.00. Would this be a good deal or do I need to try to get this price down more yet??? Don't forget this is 60 month no interest rite now also. Thanks for any help
    I emailed around to several dealers and all of them gave out similar deals. They all told me that the trucks with the All Star Edition, and the Power Pack Plus had "savings packs" on them, and that's why they had better lease deals on them. I was quoted $246 for a 2wd work truck around the same time, at it had a sticker of $26XXX... But every truck I was quoted with a saver pack on it was in the low $200's.

Again, I am in SE Michigan (car country) and most people buy 4x4 trucks, so it doesn't surprise me that they are giving great deals on 2wd trucks around here.
    Plus, you drive around and look at the dealers around here, and all they have on the lot is trucks! They have to give them away now!

I was in a position where I needed a truck, to use as a truck. So I just wanted the best lease deal since it won't be my daily driver. I shopped around, and this is the deal I got. I never asked how or why, because I don't care about anything but the payment. I wasn't really surprised, at the price, but I am used to living in a GM area. My mom drives a $33K trail blazer for like $215 per month, my dad paid $7k under sticker for a basic Impala last year, I paid $21,xxx for a $28K monte SS 6 years ago, our malibu maxx was $17xxx for a $23xxx last year. It's just the deals we get around here.
    Go to mlive.com look at the ads the dealers have posted. If you click on Ann arbor, and look at the Bill Crispin add, you will see a LT1 2wd ext cab for 0 down for $188 per month plus tax which is 6% here. So that would be 199.28 per month. I actually drove this truck, it has the power pack plus savings on it, which isn't as big as the All Star savings.