Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rorerore Member Posts: 13
    Bash GM? Sales are down 20%, that’s not bashing, that’s just describing the water. “Aggressive pricing” has not worked; it’s more like “Aggressive advertising” that’s worked. These prices have been around for some time now.

I may buy a truck. I may not. That's up to me, not some salesman. Unfortunately for GM and the dealers, I don’t have too, and I’ve done my homework. There are other trucks to be had on the market.

More importantly, I’m not going to fork over $20k+ just because someone tells me it’s a good deal. If that’s your case, I’ll sell you some ocean front property in Kansas for a “good deal”.
  • misterepmisterep Member Posts: 52
    $1500 rebate through the mail ! What is that? sounds good...
  • tripper0567tripper0567 Member Posts: 5
    I agree. The out the door price has not changed in months. It's another sales gimmick. Whenever GM comes out with employee pricing or cash back, they subtract that number off of your trade in. Out the door price is the bottom line. To GM's benefit, many people are not savy enough to figure that out. Then we wonder why were in a mortgage crisis! Smart buyers do their homework and can recognize the sales gimmick.
  • 2doorpost2doorpost Member Posts: 74
    Most dealers are within a couple hundred of each other when I shop. I always go to three.

Its the dealer that dips into his numbers more
    to move an earlier build that gets my business. That- and usually I buy a base non-a/c truck(You know, the ones nobody buys from those screamer ads in the paper)

I got mine.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Yup. years and years of stuff have the domestic buyers trained for some sort of "dinner bell" to ring around the end of the year. GM is spending big bucks to ring it and of course should make the most out of it. Pitty the "dinner" is in most cases the same stew served the last few months anyway. With that and the usual "gm card" folks on the leash (GM allows or disallows as many points usable on a single purchase as it wishes) it can dump stock with less pain than usual. With this and other stuff they may whittle a 190 day supply to a more reasonable 70 day supply with some luck.

Good luck
    --jjf

I agree. The out the door price has not changed in months. It's another sales gimmick. Whenever GM comes out with employee pricing or cash back, they subtract that number off of your trade in. Out the door price is the bottom line. To GM's benefit, many people are not savy enough to figure that out. Then we wonder why were in a mortgage crisis! Smart buyers do their homework and can recognize the sales gimmick.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    The only way GM being in the red will affect the price you (the customer) pays is if they (GM) incent either you as the customer and/or the individual dealerships.

The price any given dealer pays GM for it's product is fixed throughout a given period. It's the rebates, bonus cash, dealer cash etc. that "sweeten" the deals. The bottom line is that the vehicles on the lot have already been paid for by the dealer (well, actually it's on loan through the captive bank, in this case, GMAC). The juice will start tickin' usually between 60-90 days depending on loan structure and terms specified. It's like any other loan, the bank wants it's money back!

Simple economics tells you that... sell enough vehicles for less than what you've paid, you're gonna' go out of business. Car dealers are closing down in record numbers. The Ford, Dodge and GMC dealers right down the street from my home all closed down within 6 months of each other - yeah, they were obviusly making a killing!

It just irks me when I hear people say that "employee pricing" is a gimmick. It's an incentive, so how is that a gimmick? Is a $5000 rebate a gimmick? No way! The emp pricing actually helps the dealer because the holdback money is what GM is subsidizing. Now, as opposed to a few months ago, you don't really need to haggle since GM is essentially "dipping" into the dealer's holdback "for you" and giving you that money. But, 3 months ago, dealers were dipping into their own operating accounts without help from the factory.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big proponent of getting a great deal, but when you've worked in the business and you know how things work, you understand when someone is being reasonable and when someone has absolutely no clue.

As a dealer, I'm not gonna' make any money on the sale of my new inventory... why? Because we live in the free information age and an educated buyer knows what I paid. A savvy buyer probably has his own financing, so I lose there. A trade-in (if desirable) and aftermarket (finance products) are my only profit sources left. Sure, I'd love to sell you a vehicle for cheap, but it has to make sense. Even in rough times, unless GM keeps incenting me, my cost on any given vehicle is fixed.

The number of "roll-over" customers is dwindling because even a soccer mom will jump on edmunds nowadays to get pricing information.

Last thing... yes, there are some really scummy dealers - no doubt about it. However, if you act professional and courteous, you may just find that it will be reciprocated. If you walk into a delaership and act like an 'a-hole know-it-all' trying to prove something, I guarantee you're gonna' close the gap on your options. If you p*ss off enough dealers, pretty soon they'll blackball you and then you'll have no options left. You can be friendly,yet firm and still drive a hard bargain.

Sorry for the rant guys (and girls), just trying to educate some of you since making a purchase should be fun and exciting, rather than having stories about what a moron dealer A was, or how stupid dealer B is, yada yada yada...

The information you need to find holdback (for every manufacturer) is listed right here on Edmunds, as are rebates, bonus cash, lease and finance specials, and even marketing support monies.

Good luck in your searches! Be sure and post the details.
  • lingefelterz06lingefelterz06 Member Posts: 1
    sorry this has nothing to do with what u are talking about im new in this blog just wondering how to leave questions?? just trying to find out what a good intake for my 04 duramax maybe banks,airaid,AEM,k&n,,,,, not sure lol thank u
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Hi!

Here is a list of all of the Chevy Silverado discussions. Just click on the link, and pick the discussion that is most on-topic for your question.

Post your questions there, and wait for others to join in!

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cac4cac4 Member Posts: 11
    I have a quick question on a purchase i am going to make. A 08 chevy 1500 lt 1 4x4 with 17000 miles for $19000.00. That is over $5000 less than a new one. The only probelm is that it has the 4.8L motor. I have not heard anything bad about this motor. Has anyone else?
    I wanted a 5.3L but this is a great deal, I just dont want to have any problems with the motor being to small for the truck. I dont tow much so I dont think i will have a problem.
    Thanks for any input.
  • asylum575asylum575 Member Posts: 72
    I had an 03 Silverado Z71 with the 4.8. At the time I wasn't towing much and it was fine. Averaged about 16-17 with careful driving. If you just need a truck for the bed and won't be towing, you should be OK. I have a 6.0 engine with a 4 spd now and love the power, but man does it drink gas. The 5.3 has the alternative fuel management and they will add a 6 spd in 09. Only issue I would have is towing capacity. The 4.8 with the 3.42 gears tows 5500 lbs and the 5.3 with 3.73 gears tows 7000. Remember most dual axle trailers are a minimum of 7000 GVW, but if you don't tow, you're good.
  • dlandrumdlandrum Member Posts: 4
    Dicked around with a dozen dealers for 6 weeks best I could do was $10000 off msrp. Now that I bought I'am sure the rebates will go up for the rest of you, your welcome.
    Thanks.

With talks of a government bail out there’s little incentive to move inventory, so every little bit helps.
    The 2009s are hitting the dealers. Inventory of 08s is still good. The rebates and employee pricing is a good package. I was hoping the GM card would raise redemption allowances. $1500 is peanuts these days, especially when I'm sitting on $5000 the GM card dollars.
    I was thrilled to get 6385 off a base truck with a MSRP of 18,380. Thats the cheapest longbed Chevy you can buy. (and I'm the cheapest longbed owner out there)

65 more payments and that baby's ALL MINE !!!!!!
  • skipnsbskipnsb Member Posts: 12
    Anyone have any recent buying experience for the 2008 Silverado? thanks
  • tha_lildudetha_lildude Member Posts: 3
    i know there was a bunch of 2008 silverados sold and nobody is posting anything here! well for me, i would be buying through the college grad program so i get supplier pricing plus 6500 off a crew cab silverado 2008. thats what im aiming for right now. i got quoted a truck msrp of approx 38,000 for 29,500 or so. i know it can still be beat but the places around here (alaska) dont budge for crap. its irritating.
  • donnielsudonnielsu Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for a 2008 GMC Sierra. I waited too long to start looking and there are very few available in my area. I found a dealership that had 5 or 6 that were close enough to what I wanted... Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 with 20" rims and 5.3L (Pro-package). Their sister dealership ran an ad for 10k off MSRP on all '08 1500's, however, when I called they didn't have any left. I presented the ad to the other dealership and they were willing to honor it. The sticker price on the vehicle I wanted was approx 32,900. They had a $650 charge for interior and exterior protectant that was not on the official sticker and brought the total to about $33,550. I also had a trade in (2002 Ford Expedition) which Kelly blue book indicates is worth about $3,300. I told the dealer I wanted 5k for it.

Their first offer came back at 10k off the MSRP and 4k for my trade in. I told them I was fine with the 10k off, but wanted 5k for trade in. Also, they had some $390 fee in the price, which was a service charge. The saleslady attempted to explain what it was for but it didn't make sense. I told her I wanted that waived in addition to adding the additional 1k to trade in price. She took it to the manager who said she would work with me but couldn't give me another 1k on trade in. Since it was our first place to shop, we left. I should also note that I was buying a "crimson" truck, which is really metalic purple in the sunlight, and that 3 of the 5 2008's on the lot were this color. Also, the mgr claimed the GM rebate was ending that day (10/31). It looks like it ends on 11/3 so I have a few more days to decide.

Here are my questions...

1) Do you think their initial offer was pretty good and worth taking if they would knock a few hundred more off?

2) Any idea what the GM incentives will be on '08's come 11/4?

3) Is that $650 protectant charge BS or do all dealerships have that?

4) Is that $390 service charge BS?

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks, Donnie
    Yes, the 650 is bs.

Yes the 350 (usually called a doc fee) is bs.

Email 20-30 dealers within 200 miles of your locale (chevy website) for a truck of your specs. (about 32000 msrp, etc) for an 08 and 09 version. Ask their best price and that you will buy before nov 3 or end of month. Describe your trade and ask for kbb good (or fair) price (the lowest of nada kbb or edmunds). Set that and let them compete on the new truck.Give the top 4-6 your cell#. Chevy may well be more productive to work with as there are 4x as many dealers. Do 95% of the work by email and phone on your couch. Last week off the month is usually crunch time for about 10% of dealers not making quota. If you are paying cash or other financing your only concern is the lowest difference owed.

If you run a 07 version of your $32000 gmc (or silverado) truck you may find it may have a trade in value of about 17000 or so. This is what your 08 will be worth in 12 months. Even 22000 isn't exactly giving it away. Get prices for an 09 version too because you may get a dealer competitive on it as dealers can work 08 leftovers for more dough if supplies are low.

Good luck
    --jjf

Good luck
    --jjf
    The “charges” are BS.

But, as a consumer, all you care about is price out the door. A price of $24K with “charges” included is better than $26K with no charges. That may be kind of hard for some folks to wrap their heads around. Get the final price and make your comparisons from there.
  • donnielsudonnielsu Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. Great advice!
    A co-worker bought that exact Crew cab model in black at the same time I bought my Silverado.
    Said he paid 23k OTD.
    With an add on bed cover (folding)

Personally, I don't think a lot of Silverados have been sold since my last post.

Two of the trucks I test drove are still on the lot. And that was back in April.
    ALL the dang dealerships in alaska wont budge on price. they simply wont. i go in, talk for 2 hours, and they wont budge. they tell me they can give me the current offers and thats it, so i say no take something off, they say they simply "cant lose money" and every time i walk out. nothing happens. they call me tell me to come back in, i go in, they show me the truck again, show me the price plus the current offers, they wont even take a penny off because they "cant lose money" and i tell them no again and walk out. im 21 years old, maybe thats why? anyone have advice? ive been to EVERY dealership in alaska. which is about 6 or so. ive been doing this for like 6+ months and i get the same answer EVERY freakin time. any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Buyer should get the any factory to buyer rebate money plus ..there's a factory to dealer spiff ($2000) out there on leftovers. Apparently they aren't that hurt- or your offer can't be supported by GM (its too low- GM basically makes the minimum prices up, not the dealer)

See whats on the net ...say eBay for instance. If there's a truck on there, get the particulars. If its priced to your liking, you might be better off. Shipping might be an issue......or not.
    They have no incentive to budge. They stand to receive billions in government bail outs. It behooves them to continue to hold out as long as possible to make the bailouts more likely and come more quickly.
    I would quit exhausting yourself walking into 6 dealerships end of month (if thats what you did, walking into 1 or 2 each month would be ineffective) and just email for their best quotes on an 08 or 09 model last week of the month and see what pops up. 98% less energy expended. (Read my last few posts here) If the particular store is meeting quota or good sales you can talk for 4 hours, tap dance, sing yankee doodle, do a strip tease and only entertain them. The one 50 miles away (that you're not at) may need to make some sales that month.

You may have answered your own question noting there are only 6 dealerships in the state.(there are 33 within 40 miles of me). If you are in a captive mkt like hawaii, your options may be limited. If you don't need a truck now, I would try the end of month thing for a few months, especially if you expand it to Ford and Toyota.

I also have no idea what prices you are getting. A 07 32000 msrp chev truck barely has a trade in of 17000 (if that) so you would want at least 10k off an 08

Good luck
    --jjf

ALL the dang dealerships in alaska wont budge on price. they simply wont. i go in, talk for 2 hours, and they wont budge. they tell me they can give me the current offers and thats it, so i say no take something off, they say they simply "cant lose money" and every time i walk out. nothing happens. they call me tell me to come back in, i go in, they show me the truck again, show me the price plus the current offers, they wont even take a penny off because they "cant lose money" and i tell them no again and walk out. im 21 years old, maybe thats why? anyone have advice? ive been to EVERY dealership in alaska. which is about 6 or so. ive been doing this for like 6+ months and i get the same answer EVERY freakin time. any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
    i dont understand this. dealerships in the lower 48 consistantly sell vehicles for under invoice and on top of that, you get the rebate. say a truck is 32,000 msrp, the invoice is 30,000, and the rebate is 5,000. alaska dealerships right now say 30,000 plus 5,000 rebate. and consistantly say "we cant lose money". ok well how can dealerships down in the states sell a vehicle for under 30,000 plus rebate. example i got a quote from bill pierre, the truck was 1,000 UNDER invoice plus rebate of 7,000. putting the truck at almost 11.5k under msrp. so to jjf, how do i go about getting a truck, msrp of 37,550, red tag plus 6500 rebate on it now puts it at 28,133. how can i get it for 10k off?!? its just frustrating to me. thank you for your help! i know all about dealer holdback and everything. i know when gm says ok red tag on there vehicles, that the dealerships get an additional incentive to sell. and they still simply wont budge.
    Went by my local Chevy dealer, looking for a work truck. I had looked at a truck a couple of months ago and it was still on the lot. I had some old notes on the truck and had the employee price that was offered. It was $1000 less than the "red tag" sale" price. The rebate is $500 more now than before, so the net is about $500 better a month ago. I asked for the $1000 lower employee price. I made the offer by price. I didn't say, "Give me the employee price". Then I came up $500. They wouldn't budge. What's the deal? Are they waiting for a congressional bailout? Seems to me, if they want to stay in business, they need to sell vehicles. I am against the auto bailout as well as the $700 billion bailout.
    Good luck GM.
  • dave27615dave27615 Member Posts: 2
    Just made what I think is a good deal (don't tell me if it isn't). Frankly, I haggled with Toyota, Ford and Nissan. This was the best deal (though I got the Ford guy to within 200 bucks of the Chevy on a nice FX4).

2008 4WD Ext. Cab LT1
    5.3 Auto
    LT1 Convenience Pkg
    "All Star" Edition
    3.73 axle
    ============
    OTD $24.2K
    Dave,
    What was the sticker? A good deal is about 7-8% off sticker plus rebates. If you can get 10-12% off sticker plus rebates, then you're talking employee pricing.
  • dave27615dave27615 Member Posts: 2
    sticker (msrp) was $33,165 ...

BTW, the "Red Tag" was 23,737. NC taxes are 3%, tags are $68. I spoke with the sales guy (one of the commercial/fleet guys) over a couple of days and he said he couldn't come down off the "red tag". I said fine, but I would only pay $50 for a doc fee (they wanted $399), taxes and 68 for tags. He actually came back to me with a lower price.

As you can see, the red tag price plus state tax is over the OTD price I have. So they did come down off the red tag enough to negate the other fees; plus they threw in a bed liner.
    I just got an email from GM to voice my concerns on their behalf. They directed me to this site
    http://gmfactsandfiction.com/

They must be getting worried.
    I heard on the business news that Gm (and other manufacturers ) may be delaying reimbursement of rebate and incentive cash to their dealers in an effort to conserve operating dough. Dealers may not be that inclined to move high rebate vehicles unless their profit is $$.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • bman8bman8 Member Posts: 3
    Im kinda surprised no one has posted here in a while but here is my 2 cents. Was looking to replace a work truck with a heavy duty truck to pull a new cargo trailer. Wanted a used diesel because new are so expensive. I simply could not make a deal with any dealers on used Dodge diesels, stuff 3-5 years old and 30-70k miles. Happened on a used (about 2005) Silverado 2500HD 2DR 2WD 6.0 gasser work truck 100K mi. The lot wanted $8k and wouldn't go less than 7k. I just about gave up when I thought I would check edmunds on an equivalent new 2008 Rig. The manufacture was offering a total $9k cash back! Called a nearby Chevy dealer and told them what I wanted-
    2008 2500HD 6.0 Gas WT 2wd regular cab, summit white, trailer package (hitch ,locking diff, wiring and heavy suspension) pwr windows doors locks, cruise, AC, tilt. They got to work on it and said they could have it the next day. Total cost excluding title-$15,900! I about fell over, that was so cheap I couldn't afford not to buy it! Took delivery on Dec 11 and am very satisfied. Screw the diesel, this thing tows the new trailer like a charm.
    Bman8,
    The 6.0 engine is great, I have one in my 06 Silverado. It can pass anything on the road, except a gas station. The 08s come with a 6 spd unlike mine with a 4 spd. Should be a little better. That's a great price. I've been looking to replace mine with a 5.3 The 6.0 was a killer at 4.00 a gallon gas. It's better now, but who knows for how long. Being that I doubt I'll tow anything more than a tandem 7000# trailer the 5.3 should do. The 08 inventory is really getting tight, the employee pricing in Nov really cleared old inventory. Let's see what happens next week when the red tag event is over. Maybe they will start discounting the 09s. I think the big 3 are shutting down production for a while to clear inventory and save costs. Go figure, they get tax dollar bailout and take a break to clear inventory, so that they can make money. On our tax dollars. Is this the bizarro world?
  • pickupman3pickupman3 Member Posts: 1
    Was looking for an 08 Silverado last year in Hampton Roads area of South East Virginia. Dealers seemed to all have inflated pricing and would not negotiate at all. Ended up purchasing the same truck in North Carolina and saving over $4,000.00 Would high recommend checking prices in other areas of Virginia before buying the Hampton Roads areas. It almost seems the dealers know the Sailors returning from deployment have money in their pocket to burn and refuse to fairly negotiate. One dealer even refused to allow for the current GM rebate. OVer all deal -
    2008 SIlverado Ext-Cab Z-71 LTZ
    Sticker $36,375
    Invoice $32,301 (true invoice)
    AFter rebates and discounts -
    $28,800.00
    It is usually not possible for the dealer to deny a factory rebate. Most of the other marketing gimmicks note "dealer participation may vary". In any event, a $2500 rebate can be cancelled out by adding 2500 to the purchase price.

It almost seems the dealers know the Sailors returning from deployment have money in their pocket to burn and refuse to fairly negotiate

I don't know what the deal is, but the price is the price. Get bids from 20 other dealers last week of the month and see what shakes out. If the dealer in question (located favorably usually) is moving all he can get his hands on at a certain price that is it. There is no unfairness. Since Chevy has about 3500 dealerships there are alternatives.

Good luck
    --jjf

Was looking for an 08 Silverado last year in Hampton Roads area of South East Virginia. Dealers seemed to all have inflated pricing and would not negotiate at all. Ended up purchasing the same truck in North Carolina and saving over $4,000.00 Would high recommend checking prices in other areas of Virginia before buying the Hampton Roads areas. It almost seems the dealers know the Sailors returning from deployment have money in their pocket to burn and refuse to fairly negotiate. One dealer even refused to allow for the current GM rebate. OVer all deal -
    2008 SIlverado Ext-Cab Z-71 LTZ
    Sticker $36,375
    Invoice $32,301 (true invoice)
    AFter rebates and discounts -
    $28,800.00
  • sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    I was in Vermont this week, and a Dealer in Barre/E. Montpelier was advertising on TV. The offer was over $10,000.00 off of an extended cab 4 x 4. The price for a 2009 was $19,989.00.
    I am about a year away from a new vehicle, so I hope it will still be on next year!

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

• jackson123jackson123 Member Posts: 1
    We bought a new 2009 Chevrolet Extended Cab Silverado. We had shopped around a lot. We visited Mike Young Chevrolet and had a HORRIBLE experience so we decided to drive out to Orange Texas. The staff was so helpful and made our horrible experience in buying our new truck into the best car buying experience EVER... Thank you to all those who helped us at Granger Chevrolet.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Be sure to enter your experiences at Dealer Ratings and Reviews.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • hammer17hammer17 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Arlington Texas and went to Vandergriff Chevy to find a new truck. The first one I looked at I fell in love, it was a silver 2009 silverado 1500 crew cab texas edition. I saw the sticker and almost passed out. It has the cloth interior and the 5.7 litre with the flex fuel option. Overall a bad azz looking truck, chrome door handles, mirrors, wheels, gauge covers etc... Sticker was $34,998 which I thought was weird but said 3k rebate which made it 31,998 right. I had a trade in which I owed 5,300 on and they gave me $6,500 cause I told them I owed at least 6k so I made $1,200 right there. TT&L was $1,850 roughly. Extended warrenty was $14 extra a month roughly $1,800 over all or something close to that. Which would have brought the Total OVERALL price to $35,648. After all said and done I signed the line at final price of 31,253 with a $1,200 check coming to me because the have to send me the rest of the amount after they pay the trade-in off. That pays for a year of insurance which is 649$ a year full coverage through Standard Insurance. Yes that leaves me with $551.00 in my pocket after all said and done and I could'nt be happier, I LOVE THIS TRUCK. Hope everybody has the experiance I did, email with any questions please. I have pics of my truck and am getting Magnaflow muffler putting on Saturday.
  • sarahandbraysarahandbray Member Posts: 3
    Just figured I'd post my buying experience in case it helped anyone else out. Shopped around a LOT here in upstate, NY--seems to be a bad time to buy a big truck because the gas prices are lower and they're moving them like hot-cakes.

Anyway, after a lot of research and dickering with dealers, the best we could get was exactly invoice price from Fuccillo Chevrolet in East Greenbush, NY (DeNooyer and DePaula would not go less than $500 over invoice--downstate, closer to Manhattan, was even worse).

'09 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab Z71 off-road in Blue Granite Metallic. 5.3 V-8. Chrome running boards, soft tonneau cover, multi-zone electronic heat/air, rear-window defogger, radio controls on steering wheels, Stabilitrak, cloth bench seats, nice center console, Bluetooth/XM radio, chrome grille, etc.

pathetic trade-in on a '98 Silverado--but didn't want to try to sell this thing by ourselves--170,000 miles, some rust, check engine light on, non-working tailgate.

MSRP: $38,542
    Invoice : $35,754 (price paid)
    Incentive -$4,000

GM points:-$1500
    Trade in: -$2500

So total without tax that we owed was $27,871.50

And the tax (at least here in NYS) can be written off on your taxes if you purchase a new car in '09. So that's a pretty good chunk--$2660.32 to write off.

Hope that helps...and I hope we didn't get ripped off!!!!
    :)
    Sarah
  • 38393839 Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE 2002 1500HD 6.0 I HAVE ADDED A HYPERTYCH PROGRAMMER// CHANGED THE 3.73 GEARS TO 4.56 // RUNNING 285/75/16 TIRES AND I STILL AM HAVING TOUBLES TOWING A MEASLEY 6800 LB RV TRAILER. WHY???
    SHOULD I TRY A HIGH FLOW CAT CONV AND NEW AIR INTAKE??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Hi 3839..

Since this is a pricing discussion, you might have better luck posting your question, here: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trailer and Towing Questions

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ulooknatmeulooknatme Member Posts: 2
    My quote on the above truck is
    MSRP - $36,320

Price - $*28,767

that looks nice to me before even talking to them. How much lower do you think they can go? I really want to get the best deal possible (who doesn't) this is in Wisconsin. Anybody eles purchased a Silverado recently and willing to share their price?
  • gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    Anyone purchase a new Silverado lately? It's pretty quiet in here.
  • donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    I bought one on April 13 but none since. ;)
  • catamcatam Member Posts: 331
    Yeah I bought an 09 Crew cab 2500 HD 4x4 LT, Duramax/ Allison.

MSRP was 50,945.
    Invoice was about $46,500

After 3500 cash back plus 2000 GM Card money.

I paid $41,345. I felt that wasn't too bad.
  • sbeassiesbeassie Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2009 Silverado on 06/30/09. Got the 2WD Crew LTZ with 20" wheels, sunroof, power sliding rear glass, 6 disc in-dash, and step bars. Summit White, tan interior demo with 6,800 miles. MSRP $41,745. Got 11K off, paid $30,745 plus TTL plus $810 for extended warranty. Brian Harris Chevrolet in Baton Rouge.
  • ejnicholejnichol Member Posts: 6
    Bought this for delivery use in my small business.

2009 Silverado, Regular Cab, Long Bed, V-6, Auto, Cruise & Radio/CD. White with Grey Vinyl

Build date 1/2009 so these prices are pre '09 price increase(guessing 4 %)

MSRP with freight $ 21,060, Invoice 19,622.67, Dealer net price 19,826.32

less Loyalty cash(from GM) -1,000
    less Rebate (from GM) -1500
    less GM Card(from GM) - 3279.15 (had to buy in my name which was bad, they've
    gotten more stringent on use)

plus Tax & title(from Gov.) 673.68

Out the door 14,720.85

Not a great deal but got burn't out after several days of going back and forth with several dealers. Learned a lot though. Would zero in on which 2 dealers that had suitably equiped truck in stock and get vin then call sales manager and ask for best out the door price on that vin # truck. I probably could have gotten couple hundred more off. But finding the pre price increase inventory softened the over invoice price.

All four dealers that played quoted same +- 100 for same package with cruise. Could have gotten same unit but less cruise for 600-700 less at one dealer. But had to have that stupid factory cruise. I knew since was buying in my name I'd drive it personally till next tax year and hate not having cruise. Particularly with v-6.

LIke these new ones better than the classic '06(5.3l ext cab) we have. Also have '01 F150 V-6 whose performance proved we could work with v-6 in full size truck.
  • ejnicholejnichol Member Posts: 6
    The invoice on that truck listed in post 664 above was close to 20,100. I messed up in my post. It would seem that i got it for a little less than invoice but dealer still made money since hold back money still is in play from gm to dealer at year end.