Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    28% off the sticker is about 8% MORE than I've been offered by all dealers that I've contacted in the last month. $28,398 on a $36,750 sticker (which includes the GMAC finance rebate) I find it hard to believe that a dealer would sell these units at such a loss that you referred to. However, GMAC is now the financial "backbone" for GM. Most of it's profits come from their financial arm. And charging 9.25% is the stuff that juice loans are made of.
  • robphelanrobphelan Member Posts: 27
    I'm being offered an 04 silverado extended cab w/5.4 V8 LS. MSRPs at 30,600. Selling price is 21,287 after rebates.

My question is: how long do I have to leave my car financed with GMAC? If their rates are too high, can I refinance through my credit union, and how soon?
  • robphelanrobphelan Member Posts: 27
    Just got off the phone w/GMAC. She stated some dealers were giving out incorrect info stating consumers must keep the loan for a certain amount of time.

There is no minimum time limit.
  • blackmaxblackmax Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a new 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Extended cab, allison trans, LS package with tonneau cover, under back seat storage locker and bed extender. Sticker was 43,265.00. Received $5003.00 GM Supplier discount, due to working for a global coal mining equipment manufacturer. Since it was a diesel it only had $2500.00 rebate. Dealer took $7503.00 right off the top and then we started trading on the balance. Traded 1999 Z71 extended cab with 108,000 and it brought an even $11,000.00 on trade. After taxes and a small down payment I financed $24,000.00 at 5.15% on 72 months. I thought this was a pretty good deal from Shelor Chevrolet in Christiansburg Virginia.
  • joe29001joe29001 Member Posts: 48
    Just bought an 04 Silverado 4x4 Reg Cab Long Bed.

Equipped with:
    LS Decor, Light Duty Power Pack, Plow Prep Package, 245/75R16 ALS WOL Tires, HD Suspension, 6-Way Power Driver's Seat, OSRV Mirror w/Driver Side Auto Dimming, Pwr Fold, Adj, Heat, Turn Signal, Deep Tinted Glass

MSRP: $30,308
    Paid: $16,600 (45% off MSRP After Rebates (3500 + 1500 GMAC + 994 GM Card)
    Trade Difference = $3,500 + 03 GMC Sierra W/T w/18K miles, KBB trade value 13,100

(Bought the 03 Sierra new in 8/03 for $15,132, 35% off $23,265 MSRP after rebate, Olds loyalty & GM card earnings)
  • natitnatit Member Posts: 5
    bought my 2004 ext cab z-71 last month gmac financing 6.99 refinanced today at 4.25 at my credit union $33 a month savings i asked the loan officer if they are doing a lot of gmac she laughed said she had five today any one thinking of buying take the $1500 and refinance no minimum contract length no penalty also if your looking at a 4x4 you should get NO LESS than $10,000 off sticker never mind what the dealer invoice is
  • powhatanpowhatan Member Posts: 2
    2004 Silverado ext cab. 4x4.
    It has LS Package with single disc and BOSE and bucket seats. Lt duty package and a few other odds and ends.

Sticker is 35,050. They are discounting it to 30,600. Then 5000 in rebates and its 25,600.

I am upside down in my trade. Its a 2002 2WD silvarado LS Ext cab with 49000 miles. I owe 20,200 on it and they are offering 13000. So add that back in and we are at 32,800. Still under MSRP.

Any ideas on getting them lower on new truck or getting more out of the trade?

The dealership still has 22, 2004 4x4s ext cabs on the lot!!! All simular in price and packages.

Any help?
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    What in the blue blazes are you trying to do to yourself ... get yourself further into a hole that you'll never get out of? Think about it -- you want to take out a loan for 32800 on a vehicle that's worth at best mid to upper 20s right now and sinking fast? You'll never get out of that hole. You don't give all the essentials on the truck you want to buy, but I suggest you take a SERIOUS look at what they're selling for used right now. If you thought being $7000 upside down was rough, you'll be in for a rude awakening.
    Don't do it. Of course, I'm no financial advisor.
  • powhatanpowhatan Member Posts: 2
    I hear you!!! Either way I have scewed myself with the damn lease. I will be over miles so bad I will have to buy the truck at the end of the lease. Truck has 48000 miles lease is for 60k and I have a long time to go. The new truck would be a purchase.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Thanks for sharing your experience, but Please be careful with language. We are G rated here.
  • dillydilldillydill Member Posts: 111
    joe,

What was invoice on that truck?
    I have never purchased a new vehicle before
    and am looking at a similar truck but the lowest quote I am getting for a 30K MSRP truck(after 5K rebates and 2K gm card) is 20,700.
    Any insight or help would be appreciated.
    Dillydill
    The invoice on the truck was $27,040, according to dealer's web site (I never actually saw the invoice sheet though).

Based on my experience, you should be able to get a better deal. In some shopping around, most dealers were offering ~ $10,000 off a $30,000 MSRP (without much haggling at all). Not sure where you're located, maybe the rebates/incentives are different (I'm in Massachusetts).

Basically, I was considering 3 different trucks:
    1. MSRP: 30,285 - Dealer offer = Trade + $6,000 ($9,985 Discount)
    2. MSRP: $29,605 - Dealer offer = Trade + $7,000 ($9,605 discount)
    3. MSRP: $30,037 - Dealer offer = Trade + $6,000 ($11,037 discount)

I took these offers to another local dealer and he offered me a similar truck (off the showroom floor, brand new, with 4 miles on the odometer) for $4,500 + trade ($12,808 discount - the best deal I could find).

Here's the deal (from the purchase agreement)
    $30,308 MSRP
    -$3,500 GM Cash
    -$1,500 GMAC rebate (financed at 6.5% - will refinance soon)
    -$1,500 Mfg coupons (3 at 500 each)
    -$994 GM Card Earnings
    -$6,308 Dealer Discount
    -$13,000 Trade (Fair trade value, per KBB)

$3,506 + Trade Bottom Line
    Joe,

I am in MA too. It has been pretty crazy lately. Could you post the dealership name and where you got your truck? or email the details. My email should be in my profile.

Also the Mfg coupons. . .how did that work out?
    Did you get them in the mail or basically how do you get them?

Thanks again and go sox!

Dillydill
    Bought it @ Imperial Chevrolet - Milford, MA.

The Mfg coupons are additional discounts from GM to the dealer. Most dealers seem to have them lately.

These are in addition to any other 'secret' Mfg to dealer incentives, and the holdback, which is at least 3% of MSRP.

Go Sox!!!
  • edkleinedklein Member Posts: 34
    I tell myself I'm not in the market as my 97 1500 is still holding up pretty well. But, I made the mistake of looking at the Saturday classified in the Houston Chronicle this weekend and I'm seeing many dealerships offering LS 2WD Crew Cab's in the neighborhood of $21,000. If is was just one dealer, I'd blow it off, but there were several that had this configuration in this price range. And these were for 2005s!

What's going on here? That's less than I paid for my 97 extended cab.
  • crabbhvaccrabbhvac Member Posts: 1
    What is the rebate for this truck? Dealership is telling me that it is 2000.00 and they are going to give me 2 - $500.00 certificates, then GMAC is giving us 1000.00 for repeat business..
    I looked on a website about Chevy rebates, it has 3500.00 until 1/05..
    Am I getting scammed? Or did I look at it wrong.
    thanks
  • cheapersbettercheapersbetter Member Posts: 8
    Crabhvac go to gmbuypower dot com they have the current incentives for 2004 and 2005 model years. Also if you want to make this deal hotter try and get a gm card. my buddy had the card for only few months and he got a offer from gm that bumped his card earnings up to 2K! His card rebate points were only at 369 so not bad good deal so check it out....
  • thunderhead7thunderhead7 Member Posts: 1
    The salesman showed me a invoice sheet for the 1500 extended cab 5.3 aluminum V-8 wilh leather seats, the dealer invoice was around 30K, the MSRP listed was 38K, I talked them down to 29.5K. Was this a true invoice the dealer paid for this vehical, I'm told they have several invoice prices and I wasn't showed the real invoice for this truck. Is this True? I walked away from the supposed deal, I thought the MSRP was too high in the first place.

Frustrated in Tucson
  • balichbalich Member Posts: 62
    That was probably invoice .. but keep in mind:

to subtract REBATES .

Also subtract dealer prep (advertising, etc)
    I just wanted to share my experience and thank those who have posted before me especially
    joe29001.(I got almost the same truck as him. The sticker on mine was 100 more.)

Yesterday I picked up a 2004 1500 LS 4 x 4 with Snow Plow prep, HD Trailering and suspension, Light Duty pack with 5.3 V8, 6 way power seat, powerfolding heated outside mirrors with turn signals, and tinted glass from Imperial Chevy in Milford MA.

MSRP 30,418
    Invoice 27,142
    Agreed upon price 26,650
    Minus 3500 Rebate
    Minus 3 Instant Value Coupons 1500
    Minus GMAC financing 1000 (They said had to have for 90 days)

Total was 20,650

I also had 2400 GM card points that was bumped up to 3000 making the total purchase price before TTL 17,650. I did not have a trade in.

I did all negotiating on the phone after not getting a great response via email from most dealers. Truck was in the showroom and had 10 miles on it. This dealer was about an hour away but gave me the best deal with least amount of hassle. I would not hesitate to recommend this dealership. . .i was not pressured to buy anything extra.

Any questions feel free to email me.

Thanks also to Carman in the rebates thread as that was very helpful in getting the deal.

Dillydill
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    Car_man "Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments" Dec 7, 2004 1:08pm

from car_man:
    No details of this promotion, called the "Red Tag Sales Event" are available yet, but it would definitely be in the best interest of anyone who is considering purchasing a GM product to hold off on buying anything for a few days (it is rumored that the new program will begin on the 10th).

Check our Rebates, Incentives & APRs discussion for updates!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tahoelocaltahoelocal Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a new 2005 duramax diesel crew cab LS package manual 4 wheel drive, has camper mirrors, cruise control, stereo with CD player, HD trailering, tinted windows. Stickered for $44,000 I got the truck out the door including tax,lic for around $38,000. Got a great deal and a great kick [non-permissible content removed] truck.. I love my truck.. It took my around 6 months to find the right deal..
  • carglowcarglow Member Posts: 91
    Even with the current $2k rebate the 05 Silverado Reg Cab V8 & auto tranny cost in the low 20's. I can get a similarly equipped F150 for about 17k.

Has Chevy always costs more than Fords?
  • pkmuppkmup Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a 04 Ford F-250 diesel but alarmed by the 66 TSB posted. Ford diesel is supposed to have better fuel economy.

Chevy 04 2500HD diesel has complaints about fuel economy but doesn't show any TSB's posted. Any body have any input on the better vehicle?
  • jcchevyjcchevy Member Posts: 13
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this discussion group and have been looking around for a truck for a while. Thank you for all your comments regarding the Chevy 1500 Crew Cab Silverado. I found a leftover 04 on the lot at a local dealer and seems like a good deal. It's a Z71 package, candy apple red, and he's asking $33919 with zero percent financing for 72 months (in lieu of the $3500 factory rebate and $1500 GMAC financing rebate.

What do you think? Has anyone have any major mechanical problems that I should really worry about with their 04 Silverado?

Thanks very much.

jcchevy
    jcchevy,

I have not had any problems with my 04 reg cab.

Also, it is not my daily driver as I would go insane driving a truck everyday. I much prefer a sedan to commute and use the truck for chores and light plowing.

The price you were quoted seems high.

What is the invoice and Msrp?

Are you aware about the Instant value coupons?

Some previous posters have said that you should be able to get about 10K off sticker(w/ rebates) on an 04 . . . I was hesistant at first but with patience found a deal for almost 10K off sticker and then another 3K in GM card earnings.

I went to a couple of small local dealers that did not want to deal and did not have many coupons to use so I ended up at a dealer about an hour from my home that moves a lot of vehicles.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Dillydill
  • owns2chvtrksowns2chvtrks Member Posts: 1
    In Sept. I decided to get rid of my 02 S-10 and move up to a 05 Silverado.

I got internet pricing from 2 dealers both came in at about the same $26500 for an Ext Cab 5.3Ltr Trailer package LS equipt.

I then selected a 3rd dealer who was a high volume dealer. I checked his inventory on line and selected three trucks that were in stock, all similar equipt. I made sure that I got to the dealer early so I could be the salesmen's first customer of the day. When I got to the dealer I gave the saleman the VIN numbers for the three trucks and told him that I was ready to buy one of the trucks that day. I ended up taking one that also had XM radio (only because it was there not because I wanted it) Dealer MSRP was $32,500, Dealer invoice was $27,300 (according to Edmunds) I paid $23,500 and got him to throw in a bed liner and running boards which were not on the truck. The secret was I told him I had been internet shopping at other dealers but I never told him what the others had quoted. I just let him talk himself into a lower and lower price. I guess that they are really desperate to make sales and timing is everything. Also do yopur homework up front.
    To those who responded to my questions in particular owns2chvtrks and dillydill, thanks very much for the input and sharing your experiences with some Chevy dealers in obtaining a truck. I have a 2002 Chevy Suburban z71 with 18,000 miles and love it. I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever.

The truck I'm looking at is a leftover 2004 Silverado Z71 4x4 4 Door crew cab, 5.3l v8, with running boards, trailer pkg, and Bose speaker system. MSRP is 37567, and with current factory discounts, rebates, etc., the price is at 28919, which seems like a good deal to me. Because I'm looking to take the 0% financing I lose 5k on the truck so my price is 33919 which if financed at 0% is cheaper for me in the long run. The other piece of my situation (which I only have myself to blame) is i'm underwater on a two trades on making to obtain the vehicle but my third trade covers the difference as i own the last car free and clear. Yes, im trying to trade three cars, long story.

I've looked around for the last several months for a truck and I really like the power in the Chevy. I drove a 2004 Ford f150 crew cab with the 4.6L v8 engine but it had no acceleration whatsover. The Ford delaer is asking 29500 for the 4 door 2004 f150 with a 5.4 l v8 (i didn't drive it but assume it probably has more pickup than the 4.6), power moonroof, step bars and a few other features. I didn't look at Dodge. Looked at 2005 Toyota Tundra, 4 door, SR5, dealer asking 31000, 282 hp v8. Tundra just seemed "soft" but actually a pretty nice truck especially since it comes with the 6 foot bed.

Anyhow, thanks to all who provided some input and I hope you all have a great holiday.

jcchevy
    Thats' total B.S.. There's NO way a dealer could sell that truck for that price. They'd be out of business in a week. Current "going rate" on these trucks is 20% OFF sticker AT BEST. You're "talking" around 28%. THERE'S NO WAY.
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    Don't bet on it. I just cruised through one local Chevrolet lot yesterday, and saw at least one $35k sticker on a truck with a tag showing $25k hanging from the mirror.

The Avalanches weren't going for nearly so much off the stickers, but those red tags on the 1500 Silverados made my jaw drop. (Just paid ~32k after trade on a 35k truck, adding in 1500 debt on the trade + spray in liner + 0 ded 72 month extended warranty, back in October)
    That's not BS at all. Dealers can and do sell new trucks at > 20% discounts every day.

Think about it:

There's $3,500 in incentives on some Silverado models.

Add $1,500 in instant value coupons.

With those discounts, you're at ~17% off a 30K MSRP (without negotiating a single penny off the MSRP). To get to your "AT BEST" 20% discount, they only need to knock $1,000 off MSRP (nowhere near invoice, forget about invoice minus holdback minus MFG-dealer incentives).

I'm not sure where you get your 'going rate' values, but I'm afraid you're misinformed.

When I bought my 04 Silverado, I got over 45% off MSRP. To be fair, $994 of that was GM Card earnings, and $1,500 was a GMAC bonus (not currently offered), so I wouldn't expect that sort of discount off an 05 (without the GM Card). The equivalent deal right now (without the extra incentives) would be:

$16,506 (Price paid)

+$1,500 (GMAC bonus)

+$994 (GM Card $)

=$19,000 (~37% discount).
  • cmwcmw Member Posts: 1
    We are interested in replacing our diesel F250HD that we use for snowplowing and towing a horse trailer/boat. I can't seem to find any of the Chevy Silverado's with a diesel that take a snowplow package. Is this just not an option? We really want the diesel engine.
    Hi all,

In follow-up to a discussion I wrote 12-24-04, I went ahead and confirmed some 04 Silverado prices.

I had looked and test drove 04 Silverado Z71 Crew cab (standard 1500), 05 Cilv Crew Cab Z71, 04 Ford F150 Crew Cab, 04 Nissan Titan Crew, and 05 Toyota Tundra Double Cab.

Prices the dealers were selling these for, as of Dec 31, 2004 were as follows (all bottom lines):

04 Chevy Silv Z71, Crew Cab, standard 1500, 28,919 - taking all factory rebates, incentive, and bonus cash and financing at 6.9% for 5 years. Truck came with standard bucket seats, cloth, Bose speakers, z71 package, tow, package, side steps. No XM FM radio or sunroof.

2005 Chevy Silv Z71, Crew Cab, standard 1500, 30775 - taking all factory rebates, incentive, and bonus cash and financing at 6.9% for 5 years. Truck came with standard bucket seats, cloth, Bose speakers, z71 package, tow, package, no side steps AND XM FM radio AND sunroof. Silver in color.

04 Ford f150 XLT crew cab - 5.4 L V8, moonroof, tow, bed liner, bucket seats, cloth, 29,500 taking all incentives, bonus cash etc. and financiving for 60 months at 7%.

04 Titan Crew Cab, SE, 29990 - taking discounts, bonus cash, rebates, etc, and financing for around 6.9%, 60 months. Included tow, off road, bedliner and a few extras.

05 - Toyoato Tundra Double Cab SR5 - 31000, taking current rebate of $1250 (or maybe $1500 - I can't remember) and financing around 6.9% for 60 months. Included tow pkg and all standard SR5 features with only thing missing was the moonroof.

Lot's of pretty good deals out there for these full size trucks.

Take care.

jcchevy
    Hi all,

In follow-up to a discussion I wrote 12-24-04, I went ahead and confirmed some 04 Silverado prices.

I had looked and test drove 04 Silverado Z71 Crew cab (standard 1500), 05 Cilv Crew Cab Z71, 04 Ford F150 Crew Cab, 04 Nissan Titan Crew, and 05 Toyota Tundra Double Cab.

Prices the dealers were selling these for, as of Dec 31, 2004 were as follows (all bottom lines):

04 Chevy Silv Z71, Crew Cab, standard 1500, 28,919 - taking all factory rebates, incentive, and bonus cash and financing at 6.9% for 5 years. Truck came with standard bucket seats, cloth, Bose speakers, z71 package, tow, package, side steps. No XM FM radio or sunroof.

2005 Chevy Silv Z71, Crew Cab, standard 1500, 30775 - taking all factory rebates, incentive, and bonus cash and financing at 6.9% for 5 years. Truck came with standard bucket seats, cloth, Bose speakers, z71 package, tow, package, no side steps AND XM FM radio AND sunroof. Silver in color.

04 Ford f150 XLT crew cab - 5.4 L V8, moonroof, tow, bed liner, bucket seats, cloth, 29,500 taking all incentives, bonus cash etc. and financiving for 60 months at 7%.

04 Titan Crew Cab, SE, 29990 - taking discounts, bonus cash, rebates, etc, and financing for around 6.9%, 60 months. Included tow, off road, bedliner and a few extras.

05 - Toyoato Tundra Double Cab SR5 - 31000, taking current rebate of $1250 (or maybe $1500 - I can't remember) and financing around 6.9% for 60 months. Included tow pkg and all standard SR5 features with only thing missing was the moonroof.

Take care.

jcchevy
    Hi all,

Take care.

jcchevy
    Hi,

I forgot to include some addl info on my prior posting:

1. MSRP on 04 Silv z71 Crew cab - 37,638

2. MSRP on 05 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 - $39,795

3. MSRP on 04 Titan - $35310

4. MSRP on 05 Tundra - $34110

Just curious to all you reading this message.

1. Which truck would you purchase?

2. I'm looking for best resale value and Toyota came in first, then Titan, then Chevy, then Ford. Anybody have any add'l infor or comments?

thanks,

jcchevy

Prior posting:

Hi all,

Take care.

jcchevy
    Instant value coupons of $1,500? What are you talking about here? As for your price you said you received on an 04', I'm talking about an 05' model. Sure you got a GREAT deal on an 04', so did everyone else around Oct. or so. For the dealers were up to their eyeballs in vehicles and GM threw every incentive one can imagine to "move" their bloated inventories.
    I was looking at a Chevy truck recently and the instant value coupons are still available. The dealer offered 3 (@ $500 each) towards an 04 or an 05 truck. Furthermore, the GM Card/GM just offered me $1,500 in GM loyalty dollars towards a new 04 or 05 (won't apply to everyone, but it's a nice bonus).

I did get a good deal on an 04, (with GM incentives and the dealer's desire to move a stale leftover at a minimal profit, or even a loss?). Dealers are less motivated to move an 05 now (at the beginning of a model year) but the GM incentives are as good on a new 05 they were on my leftover 04.

I don't assume that you'll get an October-November type deal now, but I'm certain they'll do better that 20% off of the bloated MSRP.
    Thanks for your input. And will do my best NOT to pay any more than I have to for a new 05'. The instant value coupons still elude me however. NO dealer has offered or even acknowledge they exist. Ditto with internet quotes. The 20% OFF sticker is about as good as any dealer has offered (internet as well as in person) me on a $36K+ 4WD truck so far.
    Jerry,

Do you currently own a GM? If so, the $1,500 loyalty rebate should help.

Do you insist on a 2005? There's still some 2004 models in/around Massachusetts (not sure about where you're located). If you think that the deals were good in October, they should be even better now.

Unless you need a gas-electric hybrid or a factory sunroof, a 2004 model would do (if you can find one with your color/equipment requirements - not many to choose from now).

The other differences (on the 1/2 ton models) are:

Larger wheels on the 05 (could be added to an 04).

Dual electric fans - vs. engine driven (not sure this is an improvement).

04 actually had a better standard gear ratio than the 05 (3.73 vs. 3.42).

One model (ext cab, std bed) offers the aluminum (& slightly more powerful) 5.3 (most of the early 05s have the cast iron motor though). I've driven both and can't tell the difference.
    If what you mean by larger wheels is that the 2005's have the option of 17" wheels, then that's also available on the 2004's. (Ask how I know ;o) ).

The electric fans are supposed to allow for slightly better fuel efficiency among other things. It's an upgrade some owners of earlier models are doing to their own vehicles. (there are companies that offer aftermarket electric fan kits for our trucks)

Not only is the 3.73 no longer standard on the 2005's, it isn't even available on them any more. I was shocked that the '05's couldn't be bought with that rear end any longer. Another attempt to push the mileage higher I think.
    I guess I was referring to the standard and optional steel wheels (they're 17" this year).

Too bad about the non-availability of the 3.73 gears. Now it really makes sense to spring for the 4.10 gears (they're still available).
    THANKS MUCH again Joe, I do own an 02' Seville I bought new at the end of that model year. A $7K rebate induced me to buy it. GOOD CAR. I have NOT checked the new incentives, if they exist, seeing how the old one's expired 1/03/2005. Once again I'll keep hammering away here outside of Chicago, if I can find my driveway later on tonight as I return home from work that is. That 4WD would sure come in handy tonight for we're supposed to get 8+ inches of that white stuff. THANKS.
    I missed the fact that the 17" wheels were standard on the 1/2 tons before. I'm not sure whether that's good or not, but it is most likely because the rest of the full size competition has moved the same direction.

I have the 17's on my '04 and it rides pretty good, but I know from experience with the '03 Trailblazer I had before that the 16's actually rode better, at least on that vehicle. The larger wheels look better to me though.
  • slramsslrams Member Posts: 4
    I am ordering a 2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 2WD Crew Cab. I'm located in Central Calif. and a dealer and I have come to an agreement on the selling price on a Duramax Diesel. I will be ordering this vehicle from the dealer with an MSRP price of $42,271 and the final selling price is $37,700. The price does not include any rebates or incentive/discounts available at the time of delivery. This is a 10.8 % discount from MSRP. Other dealers were averaging about 7% below MSRP. After 4 weeks of negotiations with several dealers this seems to be the best deal I could get. One dealer in Bakersfield would not sell at -9.5% on a truck he had on his lot. Said they are to popular a truck to let go that cheap. I'm wondering if this a good price for a Duramax Diesel???

Thank you in advance for your input.

Go Rams!
  • eric in nyeric in ny Member Posts: 1
    I am getting ready (within 3 months) to trade in my current lease 2003 2500hd LB work truck and I am looking at the 2005 2500HD Ext Cab SB LS with auto trans. Dealers in my area have these trucks on their lots and it appears the MSRP will be $35500. I know I will not pay this but I am wondering just how low I should realistically expect the dealers to go. I am looking to go through GM's smart buy program. This will be the third 2500 for me and I am willing to walk from my current dealer if they will mot work with me. I realize incentives and rebates change but what percentage can I expect off the MSRP before any additional discounts etc?

I live in central NY
  • annekoopannekoop Member Posts: 1
    I am in Bfield and wonder which dealer you eventually went with. I am looking for a 2005 Extended Cab Silverado LS, shortbed, 2wd, Diesel. I don't like the hassle of this dealership and that.....even w/so-called Costco/Sam's Club deals.
  • brushbrush Member Posts: 1
    I have a chance to buy a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4 truck, 8.1L engine and Allison automatic transmission, the truck has 8,000 miles on it, the truck has been rebuilt and has a "rebuilt title." I can buy the truck for $22,000.00 U.S. cash. Is a rebuilt title the same as a clean and clear title? Should I consider a deduction for the rebuilt title? Also do new car dealers accept a rebuilt title for trade in on a new truck?
    You should ask in our Any Questions for a Car Dealer? discussion - but most will urge you NOT to buy a vehicle with a re-built title. Members in that discussion can give you better advice.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

A reporter with a national magazine is hoping to talk with a consumer who took advantage of a 24-hour test drive or other extended vehicle test opportunity (including a car rental) and subsequently bought a car similar to the one s/he tested. If you have a story to share, please submit it to jfallon@edmunds.com along with your daytime contact info no later than Wednesday, March 9, 2005.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR