Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GM C/K 2500 Crew Cab Short Box

yowzabikeyowzabike Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I've decided not to wait another year for GM to
build a Silverado Crew Cab. It looks like the
K2500 Crew Cab Short Box was still available at the
beginning of the year, but I've been told that the
lines are shut down now for changeover to the
Silverado. Anyone know if this is true?

I'd also like to know if the 5 speed is still
available on the K2500 with the 454. Edmunds says
yes, carprices.com says automatic only. The Chevy
website is so overloaded I can never get an answer.

Comments

• woodcarver1woodcarver1 Member Posts: 1
    I ordered my crew-cab in august.Last week my dealer told me I might not get my truck!then they were able to grab a cancelled order out of state.the new crew cabs wont be available until 2002.cheve I believe is trying to get us to buy whats on the lot.I will be waiting 7-9months for mine.there is 1-available at BUZZ-CHEW in east- hampton long island n.y. its pewter with cloth talk to Bob White tell him Rich A. told you. You better call fast or wait 2years! rich
  • jdrogersjdrogers Member Posts: 7
    I just did a quick search on GM Buypower here in the Phoenix, AZ area and found 5 2000 C/K Crewcab shortbeds. 4 were 4x4 and 1 was a 2wd... Seems to be a few of them around.
  • crew_cab1crew_cab1 Member Posts: 1
    I ordered my crewcab in august and just picked it up this week. Myself and 2 friends ordered the same truck and all three are in. But the dealer told us he can not order anymore crewcabs this year. It seams there is a big demand for the crewcabs this year and chevrolet can't keep up. Anyways the truck's are great. Hope you get your truck...
  • booger007booger007 Member Posts: 2
    Just received my 2000 Crew yesterday! Waited 7 wks. Just a beautiful truck, I've had 2 extended cabs prior to this and this Chevy Crew doesn't even compare. LOTS of room for the kids, the dealer here in NY. said they never had the single
    wheel (non-dually), on their lot, BUT, they are going to order some now. Seems there was a person that waited for it to be unloaded off the carrier and wanted it on the spot, since that was sold they ordered him one EXACTLY like it (its Sister).
    Also another person waited the next morning for them to open to try to buy mine.
    Seems you can get a lot more truck for the same money that a new Silverado ext. cab cost-wise.
    I would never trade it for a Ford or a Dodge ever.
  • powerisfunpowerisfun Member Posts: 358
    This is just my personal opinion, but I think the C/K's are a lot better looking than the Silverado/New-Sierra's. The C/K's look strong and solid. The curves on the new ones just subtract from the looks instead of add. Looks, of course, don't tell the whole tale as the new trucks are supposed to be "Better, Stronger, Faster" and they probably are. But if I'm going to pay big bucks for a vehicle, I want to like looking at it too.
    Did you get the 5.7L engine or the 7.4L? I have the 5.7L engine in my K1500 and I love it.
    -powerisfun
  • booger007booger007 Member Posts: 2
    I got the 5.7L put in but..... I guess if I had
    to do it again I'd lean carefully toward the 7.4L. Being brand new, I at this point, am babying it. You can definiately feel what seens to be a power loss, but its actually the 3.73 gears. being slow on the takeoff. If you get on the pedal it flys. RPM's are up a bit from my extended cabs 5.7 (97 yr), but if your going to lose gas you might as well go for the 7.4L. (that would be my opinion). And don't forget your in a K2500 in which even the rear pumpkin looks twice the size of the K1500 (there is a big difference in weight)
    I too liked the old lines of the truck, the new body style has NOT grown on me. I glad chevy has not changed the body style yet.
  • reeferreefer Member Posts: 37
    I just purchased a 2000 K-2500 4x4 with 350 and 4:10 gears. It's a plain jane for snow plowing and some towing. I traded a 99 Sierra in on it. I am so happy with the K-2500 I could spit. The Sierra was a lemon. It had to have a new transmission and new rear springs in just 8000 miles as well as many more irritating defects. I know GM is selling a ton of the new trucks but if you just scan this forum it's astounding how many problems people are putting up with to drive the Silverado and Sierra. I hope they never quit building the Classic truck.
  • gwillis1gwillis1 Member Posts: 1
    what kind of gas mileage do you get on this truck? with the 5.7 2500 crew cab?
  • mesquitebeanmesquitebean Member Posts: 15
    I've had my K2500 Crew Cab 6' ordered since early June. The dealer never could get the allocation from GM. I called GM customer service in September and they said I should have it by Nov. In early December I called again, they told me without an order number they could'nt help. The dealer did get an allocation in Nov., but there was a restriction on the 5.7 that week. If you don't mind getting 4.10 rear and a 454, order a 3500. I, want a 350 and 3.73. There is also a shortage of rear-end parts I'm told, contributing to the delay. The area factory rep told me that they where building 5000 trucks for 7000 dealers,GMC included. GMC are built 1 to 5 Chevys, so it's hard to get a GMC K2500. Even if your dealer finds one on their locator, the other dealer will laugh in your face when you ask to trade, unless your trading a Corvette for it.( Been There ). I talked to my dealer just before Christmas and the area rep had ordered my truck a week earlier. It is scheduled for Jan build and I may have it the end of this month. I thought maybe I was the only one having trouble getting one.
    As for the looks, I don't really like the new look either. More to me is the large amount of electronics hanging on the frame of the new Silverado. I drive off road quite a bit, and after working on Chevy PU for ten years, I decided the C/K would be better than the Silverado. One day, my '83 will be replaced by my 2000, as the workhorse offroad. But first she'll terrorize small imports on the road.
    Mileage, I don't expect much of a change from my 96 C2500 Ext Cab.( 350 and 3.73 ) I've Hauled heavy loads and been satisfied with the performance of the combination. Sure, take-off is a little slow, but when you get rolling it has plenty of power.
    Wouldn't it be nice if we had access to a locator like the dealer. Where we could search online for the vehicle we are looking for. GMBuypower is close but it just lets you search the dealer. It would take you forever to search every dealers inventory. Just a Thought
    Well, I was away on vacation for the last 2.5 weeks, so I haven't been on this board since then. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who likes the classic looks of the C/K's over the new body style. The 350 in my '98 K1500 (Z71, ext-cab, auto, 3.73's) is awesome. I added headers, dual exhaust, K&N air-filter, and cold-air induction and now it's even better. I tell people it's my sports car with an extra-large trunk (I have a solid tonneau cover).
    If I were in the market for a 2500 or a 3500, I think I would definitely go with the 454 (But then again, I'm a power freak). The mileage I'm getting in my half-ton is excellent. In the summer, I was getting 20-21+ mpg highway (I was amazed!). Now that it's winter, the combination of snow, denser air (more wind resistance), and oxygenated gas only gets me 18-19 mpg. I'm still happy with that, though. The EPA rating is 17 mpg highway. If the 454 would have been available in the K1500, I'd have gone with that and probably would have gotten 14-15 mpg tops. The emissions police saved me from myself and only allowed up to the 5.7L.
    -powerisfun
  • sailfish1sailfish1 Member Posts: 10
    I "ORDERED" MY TRUCK OCT.22 BUT IT SEEMS TO BE AS USELESS AS THE PAPER IT'S WROTE ON. CHEVY DEALERSHIPS ARE SELLING TRUCKS THEY CAN'T GET !
    THE CHANCE OF YOUR DEALERSHIP GETTING AN ALLOCATION IS LIKE WINNING THE LOTTERY! I'VE GOT A GOOD PRICE ($400.00 OVER INVOICE)BUT THEY CAN'T GET THE ALLOTMENT. I'VE EVEN TALKED TO THE EXECUTIVE OFFICES IN DETROIT BUT THEY CAN'T HELP. WHAT'S UP WITH CHEVY? ONE DEALER TOLD ME HE HAS 30 CREW CAB'S COMING "BUT" THEY ARE ALL COMING FROM AN "UP-FITTER", LIKE CENTRION ECT..SEEMS CHEVY IS SELLING ALL THE TRUCKS TO THESE OUTFITS THEN THEY SELL THEM TO THE DEALERS AFTER THEY BOLT ON THOUSANDS OF DOLLORS OF B.S. I HAVE FOUND SOME TRUCKS BUT NOT WITH THE OPTIONS I WANT. IF YOUR GETTIN YOUR TRUCK YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES! DOES ANYONE HAVE THE NUMBER OF RON MILLER? HE'S A REGIONAL MANG. FOR CHEVY. I'M LOST !!!!
    I agree with you! When will Chevrolet figure out that the allocation method stinks? If I want a pizza, I order it. I don't wait until they tell me I can have one.
    Gee, just think how much money GM could make if they would just build the trucks! It's bad enough we had to wait this long for GM to even offer them.
    Hey, you people that have yours, don't forget about us. Keep us informed on yours, mileage,problems,etc.
    They usually don't give out the numbers for reg managers, but they will call them for you and let you talk to them.
    I'm on first name basis with mine.
    IF ANYBODY WANTS A 5.7 WITH 3:73'S,ELECTRONIC SHIFT,POWER SEAT, NO CD,CLOTH,THERE ARE SOME ON LOTS. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF PRICE YOU WOULD GET. HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF THESE TRUCKS COMING OFF OF CONSTRAINT BECAUSE OF THE AXLE PROBLEM? I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEY ARE BACK IN PRODUCTION.WHY CHEVY IS BUILDING TRUCKS TO SIT ON LOTS INSTEAD OF BUILDING ORDERED UNITS IS BEYOND ME.WHEN IS THE SILVERADO CREW CAB COMING OUT? IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY CHEVY CONTACTS PLEASE LET ME KNOW,I'M TIRED OF BEGGING THEM TO TAKE MY MONEY !
    The area rep told me that this will be the last year for the C/K crew cabs. The Silverado CC will be a 2002 model but, it may get an early release. Also the new diesel should be ready by then. It's supposed to whip the "powerjoke" and the cummins. It will be an Isuzu engine, the same thing that is in their "large" trucks overseas. Very reliable and powerfull. Also, the S-10 crew cab should be out this year. One more note, Honda will be supplying V-6 in GM cars soon. GM will be supplying Honda With diesels for their cars. Well, as bad as I hate to, I'm going to the dealer tomarrow. Wish me Luck!
  • selroyselroy Member Posts: 2
    I have ordered my K2500 Dec.28th, and hopefully will be in by the end of February. But from the sound of some of these posts, who knows. I currently have a 1992 C1500 extended cab silverado with almost 150k miles. I have had extremely good luck with this truck and could probably drive it another 100k. But I thought I better buy me a crew cab before they turn it ugly too. I have to admit, there are some new Silverado trucks out there that look good, 4x4, nice tires, but I really love the older body design. Therefore, I think I'm getting the last of em. I am really looking forward to my new crew cab, and the hunting and fishing seasons ahead. Should I be expecting any problems? Thanks for the posts.
    Love to hear when someone else likes the C/K truck looks better. I feel that way too. That was one of the deciding factors when I was buying my '98 K1500. Great truck, so far with 13,500 miles on it. Did you order a Chevy or GMC? I preferred the front-end looks of the GMC, but it's a close race there. Mine is white, which I like, but I really wanted Pewter. There were no ex-cab Pewter trucks on the lot with the third door, though, and it was too late to order (the C/K1500's weren't being made anymore at that point). Are you getting the 454 or the 350? The 350 is great and gets great fuel mileage for a V8, but if the 454 would have been available in the 1500's I'd have gone with that. I'm a power freak though. Good luck with your truck.
    -powerisfun
  • graghostgraghost Member Posts: 3
    I have been reading the postings here for a while and commiserating with you all. I ordered my GMC K2500 pewter short bed crew cab in early October. The order was not accepted by GMC until November. The rig was built in mid December and I finally got it up today. Fortunately I was not in a real hurry for the truck because if I was I would have had to get something else. All seems ok but only 8 miles on the odometer.
    Sounds like a great truck. Which engine does it have? I love the look of the pewter color on GM trucks (especially on a GMC). Congrats on getting your truck!
    -powerisfun
    DID YOUR DEALER ACTUALLY GET ALOCATED FOR THIS TRUCK? AN "ORDER" DOSN'T MEAN CRAP UNLESS HE CAN GET THE TRUCK. WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY ARE YOU
    IN? I'M IN FLORIDA AND WE CAN'T GET ANY DOWN HERE, (SO MY SALES WEASLE SAYS).IF YOU HAVE AN ORDER NUMBER YOU SHOULD BE IN, IF THEY CAN'T GIVE YOU AN ORDER NUMBER YOUR "ORDER" IS STILL ON SOMEONES DESK COLLECTING DUST,WAITING FOR AN ALOCATION! HOPE YOU GET IT!
  • selroyselroy Member Posts: 2
    I'm located in Houston,TX. Now that you mention it, I dont know the answer to the order question. but you can bet i am fixing to call right now.
  • wtdwtd Member Posts: 96
    I have a 98 ext-cab Z-71 w/350 auto 3.73 gears and I really like it. I debated about waiting to get the new body style but I wanted a truck right then. I like the new body stlye but I think I still prefer the old. The other reason I stayed with the C/K line is that I didn't want to be a test rat on the newly redesigned trucks and after reading of all the problems they are having I'm glad I got what I got. I don't have the time or patience to deal with new design teething problems. I did get to ride in a 99 C/K crew cab 2500 last month and was very impressed. The ride was very solid with none of the creaks of my truck. I'm not sure what engine it had but it felt plenty powerful.
  • m1685m1685 Member Posts: 71
    I wish I could trade my new 2000 silverado in for an old body style chevy. I tried but the dealerships would give me nothing for mine. I have a 3/4 ton 6.0, but my old 95 k1500 never had these problems and did not make as many noises. I tried trading for a cc 2500 with a 454, but they are running scarce around where i live, plus no allocations. i found a 3500 cc dually, a 99 model, but they still wont deal with me. I learned my lesson on going for something new and redesigned.
  • samjhughessamjhughes Member Posts: 3
    My '99 C3500 CC LB Silverado w 454 and 5spd, is 11 months old this week. I ordered it on 11-10-98 and the order was accepted on 11-28-98. I took deleivery on 2-19-99. I am in Austin, TX and the dealer where I got mine, Henna, seems to have a much better selection this year than when I ordered mine. Last month when I got my oil changed they had probably 20 CCs and when I ordered mine they had 2.

Good Luck!!
    I love the power and the room, and when I ordered it I knew the 454 would suck gas, and I haven't been disappointed with any part of the truck.
  • farmer9farmer9 Member Posts: 1
    Picked up my 2500 crew cab today after a 4 and one half month wait. Got the 350 with 3.73 locking rear. Dealer had to install the towing (z82) package and sliding rear window so there must be problems at factory. As far as allocations go it is my observation that the more you are willing to pay the quicker you will get it. Dealer explained to me that I would have a long wait as he sold to me for invoice price and would use his allocations on trucks he could make more money on. Makes sense.

I love the truck and it is worth the wait. If you are thinking of a Ford, It will be about $2000 more and have the same wait.
    has anyone put 285's on their truck with 3:73 gears? i think this would be to ok for the 4:10's
    but the 265's would work better for the 3:73 gear.
    I talked to a tire expert (manager of a "Big O" tire store) who had the same truck as me ('98 GMC K1500 ext-cab, 5.7L, 3.73 axles) only his truck had the 285's instead of the factory 265's. Anyway they looked nice, but he said he lost a noticeable amount of acceleration-power and fuel efficiency. He said that he's just going back down to 265's when the 285's wear out. That turned me off right away. They are great looking, though. You're probably right. With a 4.10 axle, 285's would be perfect.

-powerisfun

P.S. No lift kit was needed to install his 285's.
    Good news!, I went back by the dealer today and GM accepted my order. Scheduled for February build. I am going back tomarrow to pick up a copy of the order and the time frame for delivery. They did have to delete the sliding rear window though. I told them "no problem". I can get it installed there.
    As for your tires, We have a line riding truck that we use to check pipelines for leaks. We put 285's on it and noticed severe rubs on the inner fender well. Also, they were catching the lip of the fender and rolling it down, creating a very sharp surface. This truck was severely punished, so unless you will be doing some serious off-roading, you should be fine. Also, we had the torsion bars cranked up all the way.
    On the subject, I wish it was easier to lift the front end. Not like the older ones when you could stick a 2" block under the springs!
  • z71z71 Member Posts: 67
    You are probably about to get railed for even mentioning putting blocks on the front axle.
    Congrats on your order going through! Did you get the 350 or the 454? Either way, it'll be a great truck. The vortec 350's have as much (or more) horsepower than the 454's of a few years ago. the torque is still lower, but the 'little' 350 will not disappoint. Hope you get it soon.
    -powerisfun
  • vanroevanroe Member Posts: 3
    I found a dealer that had an allot for a ck2500 cc and got my order placed in Dec. It was built on Jan12 and shipped to Minneapolis on Jan 14. So now I'm waiting for it to get shipped to my dealer. I ordered the indigo blue with blue interior, 5.7 4:10. We intend to use it to pull our boad (19' fiberglass). Do I have enough power? what kind of mileage can I expect pulling vs normal driving? We bought it for a family vehical. I love the room inside, we are a tall family (im 6'6" my son is pusing 6'2") so that will be nice! I just sold my 83 scottsdale so this will be a nice change! I would love to hear from anyone who has a cc 2500 and their experiences they have had good or bad!
    I returned to the dealer today and was handed my order number. I should get it by the first of March. It's scheduled for Feb 14 build but could be built earlier if they have an opening.
    I got the 350, powerisfun, mileage is a concern. We drive about 3000 miles a month and mostly empty bed. The 350 is great, I have a 96 c2500 ex cab, 88000k, and I drive a 96 c2500 ex cab Cheyenne company truck, 150000k. Both with no major problems. My company truck is loaded with tools and weighs 8200#. When I have to carry parts, It weighs over 9000#. If I keep my foot out of it I get around 15mpg. My personal truck gets about 18mpg treated the same. 3.73:1 rear. I recently hauled a trailer that weighed 7000# on the hwy and got 12mpg.
    Vanroe, I also got Blue on Blue. If I wanted white I could have got it a long time ago, but I think the Blue is absolutely beautiful. If you check out GMBuyPower and search for one it will bring up a photo of a Blue K2500 CC SB.
    CHECK THE GM BUYPOWER PAGE FOR SHELOR CHEVROLET, ZIP 24073, IF YOU WANT BLUE W/ BLUE. "A BIRD IN THE HAND "!!! GOOD LUCK
    Oops, you have to select a 1999 to see the blue one.2000 shows a red one.
    The truck at Shelor is close, but not what I was looking for. I wanted the split bench because I have buckets in my 96 and they are uncomfortable! The bench in my company truck is more comfortable. Also it doesn't have locking rear, a must for any truck.Wanted the sliding rear window too. Thanks for the info, though, maybe someone reading will want it. Beats going through every zip code in the country looking for one.
    One thing though, I used it to try and locate a truck that I new was at that dealer and it wouldn't come up. The truck had been there for over 60 days. I saw the locate sheet on it. The only problem was that it had a lot of those dealer add-ons, brush gaurd, nerf bars, etc. That they charge too much for. They wouldn't take them off either.
    I havent got my k2500 yet, but I bought some new wheels for it last weekend. I got some polished aluminum spoke wheels. I dont understand why we dont have other options for wheels for the ck trucks. Most of them are work trucks, but many of us are purchasing them for a family vehicle. The wheels that come on them are ok for work trucks, but not for others. I also have bed rails, nerf bars, stainless steel trim kit for the bottom panels, stainless steel mud flaps ordered. I didnt order the brush guard because I think it takes away from the look of the truck, besides they are so hard to keep clean!!I cant wait till I get it all dressed out. The indigo blue with all this chrome will really look sharp!!

Just another question, will I be happy with the 4:10 gears? This truck will manily be used to get me back and forth to work, but will be used to pull our boat in the summer months. I got the locking rear dif also, skid plates.

Thanks for the info, this is great benefit to me!
    I PULLED ALOT OF TRUCKS OFF THE BUYPOWER PAGE THEN CONTACTED THE DEALER AND FOUND OUT THE OPTIONS WEREN'T THE SAME. SO IF THE TRUCK YOU FIND IS CLOSE ITS WORTH THE CALL TO MAKE SURE.
    I FOUND 2 OR 3 BLUES WITH BENCH'S I'LL TRY TO REMEMBER WHERE I FOUND THEM.
    Thanks for the information, but I do have my order no. for my new truck, I wish I had discovered this forum 6 mos ago. I could be driving my new truck right know! A question though, what method did you use to search GMBuypower. Did you start entering zip codes or is their an easier way?
    What can I expect with the above combo: power,
    torque, mgg, etc. The truck will mainly be used for normal driving with occasional boat towing.
  • bowhuntwibowhuntwi Member Posts: 262
    Can anyone tell me, why GM doesn't offer airbags in there 3/4 ton and above CC's? Ford & Dodge does.......you hope you never need them, but if you have an accident and one could of saved your life or someone riding with you...you would be kicking yourself......
  • ronaldr1ronaldr1 Member Posts: 1
    i had made up my mind this summer while looking for a yukon or tahoe that the GMC cc/sb 4x4 had just as much room for people plus i could haul whatever needed to be hauled. i put in the order in august and in november dealer said he had been allocated the cc and final order placed. got truck january 7th and it is nice! pewter/netural interior 60/40 more roon than the buckets on the old 98 ext cab! truck has now had heavy duty headache rack and rails along with a square ranch bumper on it will have the big grill guard installed tomorrow. truck now has 750 mi and i am getting 12 mpg driving 28 miles to work one way each day. short bed handles well on ice and snow a lot better than the ext cab short bed 98 i had. i have the 5.7 255 and 3.73 didnt get posi may be a mistake but. had all 5 windows tinted dark. has anyone had any better mileage? now that their truck has had a few miles on it i think these are the coming thing for us weekend warriors(tree cutting, horse hauling,old house remodlers,granddads,and hunters) how about yo'all
  • venture4meventure4me Member Posts: 3
    I am test driving a 99 demo model cc with 454/ 4.10 with power locks, windows, seat and cd auto. I think its called pewter finish. They have added chrome wheels and bug shield bedliner and window vets to it. It has 6800 miles. I am just test driving it now and they are asking 30,500 for it? Do I have any room to negotiate.
    It all depends how in demand those trucks are in your area. Is it the only one like it in town or are there 5 others like it on the lot. They're pretty rare as it is. If I were you I'd go in and say, "I'm looking for a CC truck and I'm going to buy it today if the price is right." They're so used to people "just looking" or "having to think about it" that telling them that your a real buyer will get them drooling (i.e. more willing to spend time on you and work with you). Then say, "I'll take this truck right now if you give it to me for $28500 [or whatever price you're comfortable with]". If he says that's not possible, ask him how much he can come down. If he says the price is firm or comes down only a few hundred, I'd leave him your number and politely say, "Okay, I'm going to go check out the deals on Fords, but I'll be home after that if something changes." This is where telling him you were buying today will really help, because if he lets you go, he's letting a buyer walk out the door. He might stop you on the way out or he might call you later or the next day with another offer. If neither happens, then you know the price was very firm. It certainly doesn't sound like a bad deal to me for a crew cab with 454 and all the extras.
    Very importantly, always be polite and upbeat, but still firm. Rudeness and/or toughness will get you nowhere. Good luck.
    -powerisfun
    POWERISFUN has a good point, supply and demand. I am getting mine for 300 over. I would not be getting that good a deal if I wasnt a good customer. Plus, I made the deal in June when the demand wasnt as high. I could have got one for 500 over or 700 over. But I stuck with these guys. And Im paying for it also with the depreciation of my trade in. I could have bought a 99 GMC with minor hail damage. Almost did. They were asking 29400 but Im sure they would have came down, It sat on the lot for about 8 mos, til the first of Jan.
    It sounds like they are asking about 2000 below sticker. There is at least a 4000 mark up on them and it is a year old and has several miles on it. Plus, check to see about the rebates, I think it is 1500. Use this site and research, research, research. However, it still boils down to supply and demand.
    HAD MY TRUCK ORDERED OCT. 22ND, THE DEALER STILL HASN'T BEEN ALLOCATED. AFTER GETTING A SENSE OF THE " I DON'T CARE ANYMORE ATTITUDE" FROM THE SALESMAN, I STARTED SEARCHING MYSELF ON THE GMBUYPOWER PAGE JAN. 10 THRU 13,FOUND A TRUCK WITH THE COLORS I WANTED, CALLED THE DEALER, HE SAID HE'D HOLD THE TRUCK, GOT A $90.00 PLANE TICKET, AND WAS DRIVING IT HOME ON THE 22ND. IF YOU CAN FIND A TRUCK YOU LIKE ON THE BUYPOWER PAGE BETTER GO FOR IT, OR YOU MIGHT GET LEFT BEHIND! I LOVE MY NEW CC, BUT THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE, CHEVROLET SURE NEEDS TO LOOK AT THEIR ORDORING SYSTEM, BECAUSE IT SUCKS! HEADS UP TO PARKWAY CHEVY FOR HOLDING MY TRUCK WITH NO MONEY DOWN, UNTIL I COULD GET THERE AND PICK IT UP. THE SAD NEWS ABOUT THESES CC'S IS A LARGE AMOUNT OF THEM ARE GOING STRAIT FROM THE FACTORY TO UP-FITTERS LIKE CENTURION ECT..TO BOLT ON THOUSAND OF DOLLARS OF B.S. WE DON'T WANT! OH-WELL I'M DONE, HOPE YOU GET YOURS! MINE IS BLACK W/GREY CLOTH, 5.7,BUCKETS,CASS.&CD,LOCKING 3:73,SKIDS,H.C.AIRCLEANER,TINTED GLASS,POWER SEAT,OPTIONAL TIRES,PUSH BUTTON 4WD.
  • k5rk5r Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone! Just signing onboard the GMC/Chev Crew Cab support base. I traded my 1997 GMC Sierra SL K1500 Regular Cab Long Box for a 1999 GMC Sierra K2500 Crew Cab Short Box on Jan.6,2000. My new supertruck is white with leather split-bench seat in front and bench in rear. Power everthing and deep tinted glass on rear doors and window. I'll get the front doors done in the spring. I got a GM stainless steel wheel liner kit for it and a stainless hood shield. I also had a stainless lower body panel kit put on. I got one of those roll top tonneau covers installed and I put on stainless side rails. I have some chrome double step bars on order and they should be in and installed next week. Then I should be pretty well finished customizing. This truck has a 5.7 liter with the 3.73 locking differential. Gas mileage seems pretty bad but I'll wait until summer to make a final judgement. At any rate I realize it's not an economy vehicle(and so does everyone else who sees it). I'm pretty happy with it. I'll check in later. Bye for now.
    Whats your mileage?
    I'M GETTING ABOUT 15.5 ON THE ROAD, I HAVN'T REALLY FIGURED OUT THE IN TOWN MPG. IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS I EXPECTED BUT WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO WITH A TRUCK THIS SIZE, IT'S NOT A NISSAN ! I GUESS I'M USED TO IT WITH MY SUBURBAN. I'VE GOT 3:73'S WITH 265'S.
    Thanks, Sounds pretty close to my 2500 ext cab. I figured to loose .5 or 1 mpg on the hiway, because of the extra drag on the front axles. My truck is being built this week, ordered since Jun 12.
  • myredtruckmyredtruck Member Posts: 5
    I Purchased a K2500 crew cab 4x4 about 3 weeks ago

I started out looking for the new series truck and
    decided the extended cabs weren't large enough.
    I am replacing a conversion van for better tow capacity, needless to say the passengers are spoiled.

I appreciate everyones comments which helped me
    with the purchase.

I looked for several months hoping to find a really clean used truck, but as you all know these are pretty rare.

I did my homework, found a salesman willing to work with me and he located a truck the next day.

Told him right upfront where the price needed to be(I gave $500 over invoice because of a dealer
    trade.)Went in on a Saturday afternoon and was out of there in 30 minutes.. I had my new K2500
    Crew Cab 4x4 Short Bed in 3 days.

It has all options except leather and bucket seats
    which I really didn't want anyway, but wouldn't
    have walked away from the deal if it did have them. 454 and 3:73(probably would have gone with
    4:10 if I ordered it).

Gas mileage is at a whopping 11.3, but thats one of the last considerations in buying this truck anyway..

I'd be glad to share any information if it would be helpfull..If your around northeast Ohio I'm sure the salesman I dealt with would appreciate your business..
    Sounds like a great truck. Gotta love that 454.
    The gas mileage will improve as it breaks in. By the way, I'm from northeast Ohio (Youngstown area). Nice to talk to you.
    -powerisfun
  • myredtruckmyredtruck Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the comment...Power Is Fun!

Been towing with a conversion van with a 305 4bbl.
    It's done a very respectable job, just always felt
    I was pushing my luck. The boat trailer combo I
    tow is about 5,000 lbs.(It's a 86 chevy Starcraft
    with 60,047 miles, never seen snow like new..)

The boat has a 350 chevy rated at 260hp..If the 454 was available in it I would have bought it.
    (Boat quite frequently at Berlin Res. by the way.)

The ratings were very impressive for the new 5300
    and th 5.7. I buy a new vehicle every 10 to 15 years. Treated myself a little I guess.

I figured the 454 wouldn't have to work as hard
    plus you get the larger transmission as well.

myredtruck
This discussion has been closed.