Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Sonic....temps were hovering near 100. The 'vert was black with black interior. Since it wasn't my car, I didn't mess with it too much other than to kick it down (auto trans) a couple of times.

Even the exhaust sound on the V6 had a nice snarl to it....nothing approaching the GT, but good nonetheless.

Besides, if I peeled off my shirt while driving, the ceramic color of my skin would have blinded other drivers...... :P :shades:

detailz....talking to my dealer's SM yesterday, he said he expected that the '06 demand to be even higher than the '05s. Only reason, no one knew whether the '05 Mustangs would sell well last winter. That was the only reason I was able to get mine at the X plan price when I bought it last winter.

Now that everyone knows the Mustang is a huge hit, the SM said he's got twice as many orders for '06s than he did for '05s at the same time last year. He's expecting his entire '06 GT allotment to be sold out by Jan 1st '06. He's a "straight-up" guy. He said all '06 GTs will be sold at MSRP. Although, he did say he's got some Steedas and Rousch's on the way, they don't do "additional dealer markup". He said they tell their customers upfront that there is no negotiations on GTs....the sticker is the price. He also said the longest he had a GT on the lot was 72 hours....it was yellow. Most were either ordered, or sold off the carrier when it hit the dealership. He "ebayed" one with no reserve that sold for $1K over sticker. He mentioned he wouldn't do that again since the first two "highest bidders" tanked on him and the eventual buyer couldn't get financing until the F&I guy was finally able to convince a "sub prime" lender to pony up the money at......ready for this.......17% APR. That buyer must have wanted the car badly.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • pumpkinfishpumpkinfish Member Posts: 61
    "17% APR"

Ouch. :sick:
  • vppreachervppreacher Member Posts: 72
    17%....WoW!...I wonder where in the cellar of credit card scores was that person's #!
  • detailzdetailz Member Posts: 47
    I have to ask the question in the fact that you are the "host"!. What is the real answer to the question as far as when people will receive Mustangs that have been "custom" ordered? I've been waiting over 4 months and just received word that they will roll it over into a 06...just great...does this mean yet another 4 months?
    PLEASE help us out here ..... I am about ready to give up and go to a Charger or a GTO......are these great questions for the "wait times" and "buying experiences" in your postings?????
  • alexndsalexnds Member Posts: 2
    According to the Edmunds.com and other sites, a V6, non-convertible, should cost about $20k and a V8, non convertible, should be between $25k-$28k depending on options. However, the V6 is far more abundantly sold and I've seen 1 year old cars, that is, cars with about 10,000 miles on them from the early part of the model year fetching about $22k, and V8 is in short supply. So basically, if you're really in the market for a V8 version, and you don't take alot of options, be prepared for some price gouging and full sticker and expect to be around $30k more realistically speaking. Right now, the car is hot, and dealers are getting full sticker on the V8, and some, above sticker. The Pontiac GTO, either with the Corvette derived 5.7 Liter, or the newer one, the 6.0 Liter has about 100 ponies over the Mustang and you can find 1 year old 5.7 Liter Gto for the price of a new V-6 Mustang. In a year from now, things will cool off.
    detailz...
    Ford admitted that 13,000 '05 GTs would not get built. But, much of the ordering "snafus" can be attributable to the dealer's themselves. Customer ordered cars are sold to someone else willing to spend more money for it than the person who ordered it. While I don't think that's right, I've seen it over and over again. Dealer tells the customer who ordered that it's Ford's fault. Well, those 13,000 that didn't get built can be attributable to Ford, but if you ordered 4 months ago, I don't think that's your case. At the very least, your dealer didn't communicate with you the status of your order. At worst, they sold it out from under you.....didin't give you a 10 priority....or, didn't have any allotment left (and conveniently didn't tell you).

While the Charger or GTO are fine alternatives, they aren't Mustangs. We've already beaten to death the differences, so I won't go there.

If you're still in the hunt for a Mustang GT, I'd find a dealer who will order an '06. One who will give you a 10 priority and will give you your VOC (vehicle order confirmation). I doubt any dealer is out of allotment on '06s yet, but I'm not 100% certain of that. If all that transpires, then the first '06s will start rolling off the line next month. I would think that 8-10 weeks delivery would be reasonable if you find an honest dealer.

I think you should be able to get an '06 Mustang GT premium manual tranny, all loaded up for around $28K (MSRP).

On the other hand, GTOs are plentiful. They aren't on any special programs for GM's GTO pricing, so expect to pay around $32K (since GM stated they aren't renewing any employee discount plans). I'm guessing, but since the Charger is just hitting the street, you might find it difficult to get a hemi model at any substantial discount right now. That puts it in that 30ish ballpark, too. There's already a $500 rebate on them, so my guess is they aren't coming out of the starting gate too strong.

Depends on what you want. Do you want instant gratification (get the GTO or Charger)? Or, do you want a Mustang?
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Imagine that you are an executive at a very conservative company run by accoutants and you have to predict sales on the new 2005 Ford Mustang.

What do you use as a guide? Previous Mustang sales?
    Do you take the next step and increase those sales over the previous year by a figure based on the increase the last time a new body was introduced?

I can definately tell you what you don't do. You don't predict that Mustang is going to have its best year in over 14 years. You don't predict that demand for the V8 will be at its highest in recent memory. You don't predict that it will take 190,000 to even come close to meeting demand.

YOU DON'T predict that Mustang will sell better than 13 different entire car brands or will account for 2% of the new car sales in the US.

Its easy to blame ford. But if you wanted a new Mustang, you would have done what 192000 other people already did, got your order in early...

Mark
    Mark....all good points!
  • tothebatmobiletothebatmobile Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2005 convertible GT. The more I drive it, the more impressed I am. That said, I have two minor gripes, and I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered these.

The convertible top process and mechanism is not near as good as the one on my previous 2003 Mustang GT. The 2005 seems to take forever to raise and lower, and it doesn't seem to want to align correctly with the windshield at times.

On a couple of occasions, the driver window has automatically lowered itself after I used the automatic up feature. It's almost as though it hit something on the roof and reversed itself. This may be related to my issue above.

Anyone else having these quirks?
    WELL SAID, Mark!

It's funny how we expect perfection from everyone else (car makers, mechanics, doctors, etc), yet how quickly we forget all the mistakes or bad decisions we make. Some people can't get the concept that only hindsight is 20/20.

The current stratospheric gas prices only adds more weight to your already strong argument. I think people blame Ford for making a car that is "too" popular. It is probably one of the greatest all around sports cars in history. It's fast, handles like a dream, even at MSRP is a steal, and looks sublime.
  • sonicblucrisissonicblucrisis Member Posts: 52
    I think the slow rate of raising/lowering has to do with the new "Z" design of the top. It's worth the wait, and I'm actually thinking of losing the boot cover I ordered, with the top down it just doesn't seem necessary. I do notice that it takes a little ooomph to get the top latched, but as I've only had the car three weeks, I am likening it to a new pair of jeans or boots. Kind of needs to be broken in to fit just right. I too am interested to see what other ragtop owners think.
    I haven't had the problem with the power windows lowering, but there is some sort of sensor built into the motor to prevent injury during the auto-up function. Something is setting it off prematurely, perhaps a small adjustment is necessary
  • sonicblucrisissonicblucrisis Member Posts: 52

Besides, if I peeled off my shirt while driving, the ceramic color of my skin would have blinded other drivers......

LOL graphicguy. sooner or later I'm going to have to drive the car on a rainy day. THEN I'll put the top up

By the way, How'd the A/C work? I 'm not even sure where the button is ;)
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    I would love to have a new 05 Mustang but until the price comes off list I will wait.
  • tothebatmobiletothebatmobile Member Posts: 6
    I agree, we can't blame Ford for making a car people want. Speaking for my own frustrations, however, I think some dealers are causing a lot of angst. I don't even have a problem with price gouging...if someone wants to pay it, go for it.

What I don't understand is why dealers can't give straight answers on manufacturing and delivery status. I have to think there's a computer somewhere that knows when an order came in, how many are in front of it, and how long it takes to make one. With those three pieces, the math should be fairly simple.

That said, I've never worked in the car industry, and may have no idea what I'm talking about!
    No argument at all about the dealers. Ford, undoubtedly, has some unreputable, unscrupulous dealers

I do have to say the dealer I used did give me straight answers. Taking the old adage, "Caveat Emptor" in mind, I "verified" what they said via the ERL phone number. In the end, I had the car in 7 weeks (they predicted 8-12 weeks) and below MSRP ($500 military discount and $500 price lock before MSRP price increase). My point is just that there are good dealers out there.
  • cigarmanbluecigarmanblue Member Posts: 31
    I ordered my 05' GT in April, and was told it might come in at the end of summer. I got word a few weeks ago that i had to roll it over to an 06' b/c all 05's stopped production on Aug. 6. There were a few cancelled orders and I moved up the list at my dealer. Mine is schedulled for build on Aug. 8 and hoping to take delivery by the end of the month.
  • saabnjsaabnj Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, New to this forum. I just ordered an 06 Mustang Convertible. I have a priority of 20 is that good ? The dealer says to look for the delivery in January. Has anyone experience similar delivery dates ?
    Still waiting for the coupe I've ordred as I rolled over the order at the end of July to an 06.....Been on order since mid March.....got a priority "new" level of 10 from the dealer only because I asked for it..?... was a 40 priority level with the 05...... learned it off this this forum..thank you! Does this mean that I get put in the front of the pack because I never got my 05 Redfire Coupe?

Also.there seems to be some confusion with the 18" wheels offered. I ordered the polished Al. wheels for mine...is this right? or are they "satin" finish; "fan" type at the beginning?
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    20's not bad - 10 is the best. January seems too long - maybe your dealership doesn't have much allocation? I'd try another dealer just to be safe (a larger one with more allocation).
    Sonic.....the heat has been brutle here in the midwest. Although, the last week or so temps have dropped to the "high 80s", before that, temps hovered at or near 100 with high humidity. A/C freezes me out once the car cools down.

Whenever I drive any convertible I always tell myself I'll buy one. But, in reality, around here, a 'vert is only useful about 6-8 weeks out of the year. Early Fall/early Spring...and a day here & there during the summer. It's either too hot (June/July/August/September) or too cold (November thru the beginning of April).

On a side note, as I put more miles on my GT, it's clearly getting even faster than when it was new. I would imagine if I were to take it to the track, I could hit high 4s 0-60 and mid 13s in the 1/4. Shifter is also becomimg more "snikety" as I put some wear on it.

The more miles I pile on, the better I like this car.

It still gathers a crowd no matter where I go with it. More importantly, whenever I see it parked in my garage or whenever I get into it, it always brings a huge smile to my face. Now, if I could only get strangers to keep from asking to put their butts in the seats and fondling the interior (accompanied by "oohhh....ahhh....nice"), I'll be happy.
  • tmtgttmtgt Member Posts: 18
    After six months, I saw my car on the truck today. It will be ready tomorrow. Boy, is it dirty.. and beautiful at the same time. I heard all 05 cars that were held up are now released.. I hope everyone gets theirs soon. My dealer insists I get the Lojac, for $700... I have no problem with that.
    But I also have to get this finish and fabric protection for $550. They say it guarantees them for 7 years. Others have told me they can't force me to take anything like that. I know I am paying full price and am ok with that, but maybe some kind of break should be in order. Any thoughts?
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    This dealer is already making list and now he has the gaul to gouge you for at least another 1k in profit?

That sucks man.

Mark.

Legally he can't force you to take any of this.
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    Do you have a contract with the dealer to buy the car at $xx,xxx, or was the agreement to just buy the car at 'sticker price'? Because (as you are finding out), the 'sticker' can be almost anything the dealer says it is. I think he figures that since you've waited 6 months on the car, that you'll pay almost anything just so you can plant your butt in the seat and drive your new car home. And as soon as they get little to no resistence on stuff like Lojac, they just keep pushing the envelope to see how much they can extract out of you.

Slimey.

If you have ANYTHING in writing regarding an agree upon sales price, let your dealer know that you'll be contacting your State's Attorney General's office to file a complaint.
    Like everyone else, I think the options of Lojac and finish/fabric protection is a poor deal, on any car.

Some will disagree with me regarding Lojac, but most law enforcement people I've spoken to say it's no more of a deterrent than the standard factory anti-theft devices. The finish/fabric protection is little more than fancy wax. Matter of fact, with $50 worth of wash/wax products and a little elbo grease, I do a better job. What exactly are the terms for the finish/fabric protection warranty? Do they have to reapply it? If so, how often and how much do they charge for the reapplicaction?

Almost any well waxed paint will not fade considering today's finishes. Are there exclusions to the warranty? What are they?
    That's what they call it and it's worthless. Pure profit for the dealer. Just say no. At least with LoJack you do get an actual product regardless of how well it works.
    Glad to hear that your GT is getting better day by day! You refer to the shifter getting more "snikety" and was wondering what you meant by that. Also, any idea where I can see the 06' Tungston color online?
    detailz....the shifter was a bit stiff when I first got the GT. It's now much more of a "snik-snik" feel with the stiffness blunted.

I saw the "tungsten" color at my dealership. They should have it in their '06 ordering guide.
    graphicguy,
    I read a recent review of the Mustang GT. I believe it was C&D and it was their second review. If I remember correctly, they saw results very similar to yours. The 0-60 time dropped from 5.1 to 4.9 and the shifter improved as well.
  • ohiocarguyohiocarguy Member Posts: 28
    Detailz: To see tungsten gray online:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/

Go to the bottom of the page.
  • tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    .......From Bob Bell Ford in Glen Burnie, Md, got a Confirmation Code/Number and Priority Number 10. Bought at MSRP, totaled $33,315 with options. Probably won't be ready until Nov., and it'll be winter here in Maryland :cry:, but at least I'll be ready to cruise when the weather breaks in the spring :shades: ! Couldn't sleep last night, the wait is going to kill me :mad: . I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait, always wanted to own a Mustang, and finally I will!!!
    Colors, please!
    vp....which issue of C&D was that in? I usually pick up C&D at the airport when travelling. I must have missed that issue.

The more miles I put on mine, the better it performs. Although I haven't been to the track in quite some time, I'm tempted to do so with my 'Stang GT.

My "buttometer" tells me that high 4s 0-60 and mid 13s 1/4s are possible as the trade rags report, however. While a 1/10th of a second doesn't mean anything on the street, I'd be interested in the trade rags performance figures are on a long term Mustang GT test. I just don't know of any that are doing long term tests.

Even the steering allows me to "point and shoot" holes in traffic quickly.

I can remember the sloppy "rock cruncher" manual trannys and very heavy clutches on V8 cars of the past. The Mustang, while beefy, doesn't exhibit any of that. The shifter is purposeful and accurate, but relatively light. I can snap off shifts very quickly.
    Well, listening to graphicguy and everyone else on this forum, you know I will take my car today... I would be crazy not to, (and my dealer knows it!) I am paying the original price on the order sheet, 32,660.(before taxes and this stupid dealer crap!) For a sonic gt conv. with premium, upgraded int. shaker 500, but they are insisting on the lojac and the finish protection. They do apply the finish protection one time and they give me a quart of it when I need it. It guarantees the finish for seven years against anything.. including acid rain, uv rays, spills inside or outside. I am supposed to meet my dealer at 2:00 est and finish the deal. I am going to tell them I will write a letter to Ford and complain to customer service..He will not care...It might just make me feel better..also of course, it is supposed to rain here thru fri. after 2 weeks of beautiful, if hot weather...BUT I AM GETTING MY GT AFTER 6 MONTHS!! ...thanks for all your input..
    tm....did you sing a deal sheet stating that you HAVE to buy Lojac and sealer? If not, it's optional and you can refuse it. On the other hand, I would imagine the dealer is going to say something to the effect of "well, we already applied the wax and installed the Lojac so it's part of the deal".

Personally, I hate dealers like that. They force you to take dealer installed options you may not want (I can't think of one dealer installed option I would want).

You might want to try a little hardball with them. Tell them the deal is off if they force the dealer installed options on you. See what they say. At worst, they unwind the deal and you don't get the car. Maybe they discount the dealer installed options. Maybe they cave and don't charge you for them. Don't know unless you try.
  • tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    Black with a black covertible top, my preference color for a sports car. Options include: 17" Bright Machined Aluminum Wheels , Soft Top Boot, Lock Lug Nuts, Interior Upgrade, Active Alarm System, Front Seat Side-Mounted Airbags.
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    Personally, if I had a signed deal sheet showing what options would be on the car (factory options) and what the price would be, AND then a dealer attempted to cram that stuff on the car, I would lodge a complaint with the State Attorney General's office and forward a copy of the complaint to the dealer.
    rorr....I'm with you.

I have a golf partner that bought the first Mustang GT in the city last November. He wanted it so badly that he not only paid $1K over MSRP for it, he also paid $995 for the "sealant" the dealer put on it. His is a black GT base model. He ended up paying $2,000 more for his base model than I did for my totally loaded GT. His car is always garaged. He had some stains from bird droppings he couldn't get off the paint, however. He took it in under the "sealant" warranty. Dealer refused his claim stating owner negligence. The wording of the "sealant" warranty was so nebulous that the dealership was totally in their rights to refuse the claim.

Many years ago, I was all hot and bothered about getting a 300Z. At the time, the dealer I bought from told me all their cars were PDI'd with paint sealant and I had to pay for it if I wanted a Z. They didn't have the color I wanted, but we struck a deal on one that was coming in. As luck would have it, I saw them unloading the Z from the carrier truck one day. It was the one I wanted. I went into the dealership while they were unloading it off the carrier and stated that "it doesn't have any sealant on it, so I'll take the one you're unloading". They finally agreed. I sat there for 3 hours while they PDI'd it. I also went back into service area and stated to the PDI guys that the car they were inspecting was the one I just bought and they weren't to do apply any sealant (just in case they tried to sneak it on).

I know sealant is a big profit line item for the dealerships, but I've never, ever seen one where it was worth $250, $500, $1,000 worth what the dealership charged.....maybe $100, at most.
  • mbalembale Member Posts: 2
    Hello all - I'm in the market for an '05 GT premium. I'm in Chicago and there are very few left on the lots, and still going at sticker or above. I've got a line on a guy who ordered one from the factory and took delivery, but can't afford the payments and is looking to sell the car for a couple thousand below msrp. Supposedly he bought the property after placing the order and decided to sell the car himself rather than take the penalties from the dealer.

The car has about 50miles, and a carfax seems to verify his story. I haven't actually seen the car yet, I'll be driving out to check it out on Friday. Anyone have any ideas about what this guy could be up to? If it turns out he's being honest then this could be a really great deal, obviously still under warranty. Is it possible he's done some major mechanical damage to the car in the first few months of ownership and paid cash to have it repaired? I'm obviously excited at the prospect of getting a great deal on the car, but really don't want to get screwed in the deal. Any suggestions on what to look for when I inspect and drive the car?
    Thanks all.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    Is it possible he's done some major mechanical damage to the car in the first few months of ownership and paid cash to have it repaired?

Anything is possible.

I think it should be pretty obvious if the car is "still in the wrapper."

Heck, a car at the dealership can easily have over 50 miles on it. So I say go for it if its what you want.

HOWEVER, personally, at this point, I'd probably opt for an '06 at MSRP rather than an '05 at $2K under.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

mbale....maybe legit....or maybe not. Hard to tell. First, I'd ask the guy where he bought it. Check with the dealership on that part of the story. Next, I'd look for obvious body damage that may have been repaired. Look for "overspray" on interior panels (wheel wells, under the hood and trunk) and on attaching bolts.

If that checks out, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a mechanic look at it. Although, with 50 miles on it, I'd doubt anything would be amiss.

Even used '05 GTs are going for at or near MSRP (I've had 3 offers on mine for MSRP, and it's 5 months old with 4,000 miles on it).

As q says, I'd probably opt for a new '06, though.....unless you want that Mustang NOW! You certainly aren't going to get a shot at one for less than MSRP. If you keep the '06 for awhile, that $2K you saved (in addition to the inevitable price increase) will disappear in year 4 or 5.
  • joef4570joef4570 Member Posts: 29
    Two grand under MSRP for an 05 with 50 miles is a good deal IMHO. However, I’d check VERY CARFULLY for signs that the car has been repaired. BTW, unlikely as it may be, Carfax would not know if this car was wrecked and repaired and had the mileage turned-back if it was done by the original owner. They get their info from DMV records and unless the car changes ownership (I.E. sold for salvage) or the owner renews the registration (and this car is obviously too new for that) there’s not much they can find out.
  • mustanglover01mustanglover01 Member Posts: 1
    I want a gold ford mustang GT, 8 cylinder. Not really interested in convertibles. I want it to be an automatic with air condition and for it to be at a good price, not too expensive.
    Well, the dealer stood firm with the finish and the lojac, however, he discounted the finish 100. off. Also, I got the 6yr, 60k coverage for the car free. He said he will charge it back to Ford. So, I'm ok... as far as the car goes.. WOW, 2 weeks ago a friend who works at a pontiac dealer let me have a used trans am for the weekend-- ram air, full everything else, 10,000 miles, 4 years old, less than half the price... I thought it pretty good and I was tempted!!...I am so glad I waited!.. This car is amazing.
  • brandonh961brandonh961 Member Posts: 5
    ALL MUSTANGS SUCK... THERE CHEAP THATS WHY PEOPLE BUY THEM. A SET OF HOOKER SUPER COMP HEADERS FOR A MUSTANG COST AROUND $150 TO $200. THE SAME HEADERS FOR A TRANS AM ARE AROUND $400 SO YOU CAN SEE WHOS A BETTER CAR...
    brandonh961,
    could you please get a hold of Road & Track, Car & Driver, Automobile, and every other major car and mainstream publication to enlighten them with your "pearl" of automotive wisdom? They probably don't even know that. BTW, I would suggest letting the 190,000 2005 Mustang owners know as well.

graphicguy,
    I'll see if I can find the article online. I'm pretty sure it was C&D. In fact, MM&FF tested JDM headers and an X-pipe this month and said stock Mustang GTs are getting "Mid-13s" in the 1/4 mile.
    brandon....thanks so much for those pearls of wisdom..... :confuse:

mustanglover.....NO GOLD Mustangs. Any Mustang GT....'06 or '05 (if you can find one) is selling for MSRP. That's as good as the price gets (which is good to begin with).

tmtgt....congrats on your new 'Stang. As you already have noticed, you're going to love it.

vp....don't look too hard. My seat of the pants tells me that mine is probably hitting high 4s if I get on it in the 0-60. mide 13 1/4s should be no sweat. A while ago, I posted a video showing a brand new GT tracking at 13.6 for the 1/4. A little break-in and 13.5 should be about right (which is what the trade rags are getting for bone stock, new out of the package is running on their test tracks).

CR (who couldn't launch a car for speed if they were being chased by a tsunami) actually had the worst numbers I've seen. IIRC, I think they were 14.1 in the 1/4 and 5.4 0-60 (which happened to be identical to what they achieved with the '05 GTO). After break-in, R&T hit 4.9 secs 0-60 for the Mustang GT and ran a 13.5 1/4. Most of the other car mags are very close to those times with little or no break-in miles.
    I just checked their website and their 3 GTs 0-60 tests were 5.2, 5.1, and 5.0. Ironically, the latest test was a convertible. Strange, huh?!

I like and avidly use CR, but they look at cars from an automotive appliance perspective instead of a fun and frolic one. They do a great job reviewing Accords, Camrys, and Civics, but not so good at performance cars.
    vp....the last road test I saw was in Road & Track for the Mustang. They reported a 4.9 0-60 and a 13.5 1/4 on a car that had some miles on it. Out of all of the trade rags, I like R&T the best for their unbiased reporting. C&D will on occasion give a "bad rap" to a car (they absolutely hated the ION) and I like thier writing style. I don't think I've ever seen a bad review in MT, although I still like to browse through it.

There was a pretty stong rumor running around the various Mustang boards a few weeks ago stating that the 4.6L was really putting out something in the neighborhood of 320HP as opposed to Ford's stated 300 HP based on some dyno runs. That would explain the performance figures we're seeing.

I agree about CR. They don't really like performance cars all that much (particular American iron) and rate them accordingly. I like to glance at reliability ratings, but those don't even give a true picture. It's a pretty safe bet that if there's a Toyota or Honda badge on the hood, CR will like it.
    GREAT ADVICE!!! .............Did you mean WHAT is a better car rather than WHOS a better car?........ Awsome english!.... Must have missed that posting that GM is producing 2006 Trans Ams now............. wonderful insight Brandon!
  • gtforme2gtforme2 Member Posts: 23
    Been awhile since checked in, had about 250 miles last time now have 2,000 (it's only been a month and half) and this is a "weekend" car. Tells what kind of summer having.

I have experienced the exact issues you have (window automatically lowering itself - passenger window) and difficulty latching the right roof latch (constant). Have wanted to take to dealer but like you and all the others, having too much fun driving it. Tells ya what the weather has been like.

You and everybody else that's got one of these babies is right on, more you drive it the more want to keep driving it.

I do intend to make an appointment and bring it in to try and have addressed. I always have to keep pressing the top up button (even though it's all the way up) to force it close enough that I can grab the top and pull it to align the slot and then force the latch to catch and then turn. Driver side is no issue.

If anybody else has had this have you had luck resolving the issue?