Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2001 Dodge Ram

Comments

• RichinKsRichinKs Member Posts: 412
    its a 2000 so it would have the reduced power diesel with auto. Are they upgradable to the 2001 level?
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Member Posts: 535
    Instead of these ordering horror stories try Central Dodge in Raynham Ma.. they have a HUGE lot full of rams . I saw a line of close to 30 3500's it was very impressive! Thought I was in heaven. It was obvious they are a high volume dealer and want to move the product
  • miked555miked555 Member Posts: 27
    Mine came in Thursday. There going to put it on a hot load it will be at my dealer Monday I'll pickit up Monday night or Tuesday can't wait it's going to be a long weekend. It's funny how it showed up after I told them I wanted my money back if it wasn't here this week. It was 12 weeks to the day. 28 days in transit. anybody with there trucks coming east and you want to track it. Union pasific goes almost dead north from Texas to Chicago, any where's along the line it will be transfered to another rail it will be Conrail (csxt) or northfork and western. Most likely Conrail. you can track it when it's on UPR over the Internet, when it's transfered to Conrail go to www.conrail.com and get there 800# call them they will let you know exactly where it's at You'll know more then your dealer
  • horsndavehorsndave Member Posts: 1
    I have a 96 2500 diesel 4x4, 5 speed st cab. Needed more room in cab, so ordered quad cab diesel with automatic. Dealer said could not get 6 speed HO diesel. I am a little concerned if the automatic will hold up to towing a 10,000 pound horse trailer. And if the diesel has less power with the automatic transmission. Any comments ??
  • quadnutquadnut Member Posts: 5
    According to Dodge, the 2001, not 2000 model will have the same HP and TORQUE regardless if it's an automatic or manual tranny.Check out www.cummins.com, the only engine with more HP and TORQUE will be the H.O.
  • firemandavefiremandave Member Posts: 58
    Talked to my dealer today. He changed my truck to the LS yesterday. The only way he can do it is to order it with the 4.10. Then his district manager in Milwaukee will go in and change it to the 3.54. Then they'll check it daily to make sure it takes. It's really a screwy system. I suspect you other guys who have the 3.54 LS had to have it ordered in a similar way, but you might not have been aware of the hoops because your dealer had done it before. My dealer didn't know about this little "secret" until the Chrysler Customer Assistance guy called him for me. He always thought it wasn't possible to order the LS with a 3.54. It's like some kind of crazy loophole that they have to go through to get it done. I should know next week if it works.
  • curley1curley1 Member Posts: 2
    To confirm some of the questions I've read pertaining to the 2001 Ram 2500 cummins, I just got mine Sat. 18TH. It has upped the HP to 235 and the torque to 460, the same as on the 5 speeds. I also ordered the 3.54 with anti-spin differential and it came that way. Can't wait to get it out, but its been raining ever since I brought it home. It's garnet red and just beautiful. Tell you more about it later.
  • indyff83indyff83 Member Posts: 13
    Well gentlemen read it and weep, the big bad boy is here at home. With only one minor glitch the '01 qc,4X4,sport,etc, is here in the garage. Let me tell you the dealer gave me a call last Wednesday and said I got this ugly WHITE truck sitting in my parking lot do you know who owns it? I told him no, but I did know a guy waiting on a RED sport. Well to make a long story short he wrote down the wrong color and I did not think to double check that with him. He felt awful and offered to order me a new one in red but when I got there to the lot and looked at the white I fell in love with it. I figure after the front windows are tinted and the steps are put on it will look even better. I can't tell you how nice it is and even with the short bed it still has a pretty decent ride even on some of the construction beat roads around here. I can't wait till you guys get yours. Dave I wonder if since the guy I ordered through does a lot of fleet ordering that is how he knew about the ls and the 3.55, good luck getting it done I know you really don't want the 4.10 rearend. Just a little on mpg I checked my trip computer and have been averaging about 15mpg in the first 270miles with both city and highway driving. Nascar6 are you coming up for the Brickyard? I just ordered tickets the other day through my wifes office so maybe we can meet and compare trucks if you are coming up.
  • nascar6nascar6 Member Posts: 113
    I'm gonna check status on mine tomorrow. I've seen other posts on the turbodiesel register board that the Cummins HO restriction has been lifted.Wrong color huh? That's always my fear. I was told by the 1-800 people that I can verify my order when status goes to 'D'. I worry about the truck showing up without something that I thought I had ordered. White was the 2nd choice color for me.
    No brickyard for me. I went once, sat out of turn 4 and couldn't see much at all. The highlight of the race was when Gordon wrecked in front of us. :-P Hopefully, the new KY speedway will get a race. Already plan to go to the truck race this year. Joe Ruttman won in the Dana Dodge on Saturday out in Phoenix. What a great race for the Dodge Ram to win. The race was called the Chevy trucks 150.

nascar6
    WEEPING in Louisville :(
    member of the ETH, DEE waiting club
  • markcordmarkcord Member Posts: 113
    Wwhite2: Yeah, they have a lot of Rams, 2500's especially. See any V10s though? I doubt it. I live 5 minutes from Central. Went inside and talked to a knucklehead salesman named Brian Diaz (I think). That was in July. I asked why no V10s. He said nobody wants them. I said "what about me?"
    Then I asked if he could locate one. He refused. Then I asked if he could order a 2000. He said wait until mid-August. Next day I went to autobytel.com and immediately got a response from Dartmouth Dodge. Dealt with a guy named Dave Wynne. Extremely knowledgable, friendly, and willing to help. Found me 5 99 V10s in the Northeast. When I didn't like them he immediately ordered my 2K. Central is okay for 360s and diesels. I was very disappointed with their sales staff. BTW, whereabouts in the People's Republic of Massachusetts are you?
  • curley1curley1 Member Posts: 2
    congradulations on getting your new beast. I really think you'll be happy with white, it was also my second choice. I also hope firemandave gets his soon and gets the 3.54 rear end. Off to get a Rhino liner put in today, have a great day.
    I am in Marlboro ....its quite a ride for me down 495 to Central Dodge. I was impressed with the total amount of trucks they had ,lots of diesels
    I did drive one of 2 v10's they had it was a white 2500. It was also quite obvious they were only interested in selling what was on their lot ,although i did see a garnet red 2001 that was built to order. out of all the dodge dealers in the area they are the one i have seen with the most product in stock . As far as the quality of the sales force ....that is usually a problem everywhere
  • bucky44bucky44 Member Posts: 19
    Howdy to all, first time posting. Now that the
    Dakota crewcab has been born, does anyone know if
    Dodge is coming out with a Ram crewcab? (I really
    need the extra space!)

PS. Thanks for all the great info!!!
    Congrats on your new baby! One of my worst fears is an order mix up, but I'm glad yours worked out ok. Nothing new to report. I'm still not scheduled. My dealer says there's a shortage of diesels? I'm not worried - as I've said before - the longer it takes, the more money I have saved for the down payment. (I hate waiting, though.)
    Nascar6: I got a kick out of your favorite part of the Brickyard!
    Bucky44: Your profile says you're shopping for a GMC? What gives? How did you get on this site? Anyway, welcome over to Dodge Country - if you're converting. I've seen the Crew Dakota too, and I can't help but wonder if the Ram is headed for a Crew next. It seems to be the last thing Dodge is willing to do. They claim there isn't a market for it, but I see all kinds of GM and Ford Crews on the road. I would have liked one, but after waiting several years, I decided that the time was right and I'd settle for the Quad Cab. I couldn't bring myself to look at GMs, and I like the Cummins over the Power Stroke. Besides, I've always been a Mopar man. Good luck.
    Wow! They actually had 2 V10s. I'm shocked. Seriously though, I agree with you. They do have quite a bit on the lot. And while the sales department stinks, the parts guys there are pretty good guys. Are you shopping for a new Dodge right now?
    My weeping seems to be coming to an end. I just got off the phone w/ Trisha @ 1-800. My truck has been issued a V.I.N. as of 3/15. Get this, she told me that the est. delivery date is (was) -a pause, March 16th. I started laughing. Truck is being assembled in St. Louis. I'm officially in "D1" status. I also double-checked to see if the options I ordered were going to be on it. Everything checked out, even the color. Even the 3.55 ratio with limited slip (firemandave). This is real soon. It will only be 4 weeks this thursday since I ordered.

nascar6
  • bar_xxbar_xx Member Posts: 8
    Why don't you do a conference call with the dealer and customer service and let them come up with a solution or find you a truck at another dealer. The local zone office of Dodge should have a print out of all the trucks that are on dealer lots.Maybe another dealer has what you want or close to it.
    I have been looking for a garnet red 6spd swb 2500 ETH. They are still pretty rare torque monsters . Central Dodge seems to have the best pricing structure I have seen ......they regularly run ads with deep discounts and on many trucks not just one or two. Other dealers just want to rape you and from what i read here its isnt worth the major hassle to order one. So I will bide my time ! Once GM rolls out their new diesel that will open up the market and the prices will drop
  • miked555miked555 Member Posts: 27
    Got mine yesterday, 3500 Garnet Red 3.54 With anti slip diff. etc. etc. etc. LOVE IT the only thing I couldn't believe was that they wouldn't finance $1700 dollars they told me it wasn't enough that the finance co. wouldn't take it. It had to be $4000 or more So I had to run around and scroung up $1600 I'm glad I did let them keep there financing all they want to do is keep you deeper in dept,then you have to be.
    Amen. After reading all the gripes I don't know if I would right now either. I must have just had a good sense of timing (for a change) when I ordered mine. 2 months just about to the day from order to delivery. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that truck. I go by Central at least a couple of times a week. That was a quad cab I assume?
    Anything leaving the plant will go on BNSF. They have a good tracking website. I think it's just http://www.bnsf.com Go there and enter the vin. That'll tell you what rail car it's on. Write that number down. After it gets across the river it'll probably go on CSX. CSX has a crappy tracking system (you need an account number). But if you have the rail car number you can continue to track it using BNSF's website.
  • comptimecomptime Member Posts: 19
    I ordered my 01 2500 quad V10 4X4 3.5 anti slip on 1-10-00 and took delivery on 2-15-00. I live just outside Detroit and mine came in from St. Louis by Truck no train. I was getting scared because I kept checking the BSNF site and they had no record.. I called my salesman and he called the trucking company in Sterling Heights who told him when they were picking it up... I guess Its a good thing to live near the MOTOR CITY. Hang in there Rich It will be coming soon.....
  • waiting4qcwaiting4qc Member Posts: 1
    I ordered an SLT+ QC Diesel on 1/4/00 and its been in JS (storage) since 1/24. I've been getting nowhere with the dealer and the 1-800 number gives me a different excuse everytime I call them. So your not the only one ramman2001.
  • davids1davids1 Member Posts: 411
    Can't help much with the ping. My 99 Quad 4x4 with the 318 only gets 12.5 combined. Don't think it would do much better highway only.
    Just called the 800 number and was told my truck went "D1" on 3/23. Est. Ship date of 4/11 by truck (not rail). Dealer who has assured me he would call when there was an update, has not called yet. Hopefully being shipped by truck it will come quicker than rail. My luck the truckers will stike on the 12th leaving my truck who knows where.
    Surprise surprise. Salsman just called with update that truck is scheduled to ship about 4/11. Thats the second unsolicided call from the salesman in over 6 months. I guess that gets the dealership from zero stars to 1/4 of a star. Further the info even matches what customer assistance told me!
    Congrats! Things are looking up!
  • indyff83indyff83 Member Posts: 13
    This is the hardest part of the wait, when you know it is scheduled just sitting there waiting for someone to pick it off the computer and start to build it. I also understand what you mean about the good ol Brickyard. I kinda got busy last week and today is the first day I have had time to check things out. I had an ARE tonneau and Westin nerf bars put on last Friday and it really finished out the look of the truck. I'll talk to you guys later.
    Rich: Congrats on going D1. I know you've been waiting a lifetime.
    I was told today I'm D1 with 4/4 the est. build date. My dealer says 4/15 is the est. ship date and that the 3.54 LS was ordered.
    And get this - DC confirms that I'll have the 3.54 LS! Thanks to all you guys who helped me find out that this was possible.
    DC says it'll be built at the St. Louis plant and it will come all the way by truck and not rail. Hopefully this will get it home quicker.
  • rocketdrrocketdr Member Posts: 4
    1000 mi.runs great, felt slow at first but break in is helping.I thought with the 4.10 rear gears it would be as fast off the line as my 5.9 durango with 3.92 but not even close.Maybe after break in.The increased steering gear is a dream,in a parking lot its tight turns help a lot.In the woods too.The 17 inch rims and 2 inch lift are great for height,but it sways a little on the highway with cross winds.All kinds of nice little rubber boots ,skid plates ,heavy drive shaft and shocks,springs ect.I love it, i only wish it cost less than 20,000.
    Hey dudes,

Seems like everyone called the 1-800 number today, including me. I was told basically the same as Rich and firemandave were told- D1 status on 3/23, scheduled to be built the 1st week of April. I expect to see the truck on or around 4/15. 800 number told me they'll be transporting the truck using the Cassens Co. They have a website of http://www.cassens.com/
    I can track the progress of my truck in transport through their site. You guys might be able to do the same. Rich's, firemandave's and my truck are probably three in a row on the assembly line.:) I hope they don't go through some late Friday afternoon.
    Indyff83, I got back from Bristol today. Had awesome weather. A good race too. It would've been better if Gordon (Jeff) went into the wall instead of just hitting that tire on pit road. Next race for me is Southern 500 @ Darlington, then the Winston 500 @ Talledega. But there's a summer truck race at the new KY Speedway- will be there for that too.

nascar6
    Hey! Some of actually root for the 24 every week! Personally I was kind of glad that the 3 got banged up so early (especially after spinning someone else - but he never MEANS to do it!). Sounds like you get to a lot of races. That must be great. Going to the Busch race at NHIS in May. Hopefully will then get on the mailing list for Cup tixx. Might make Dover in September also. Good luck with your delivery. One thing DC is pretty accurate about are build/ship dates. They won't tell you anything if there's a chance they won't make the date.
  • ramman2001ramman2001 Member Posts: 4
    Just called 1-800 number and they told me truck left yesterday 3/27. BNSF web site confirmed it. Should have truck in 4 to 5 days. Things are finally looking up. I think it's because my boy Rusty won Bristol this past weekend at least that's what I'm saying. Now all I have to hope for is that the train don't derail on the way. Will post again when truck arrives.
    Has anybody had a BedRug? If so, how is it?
    By the way, California Concepts quoted me $309. + $30. Shipping for one. That's the best price I've found so far.
  • superjim2000superjim2000 Member Posts: 314
    does CC have a website or do you have a # to call?
    There is a topic on the TDR website about the bedrug. In case you're not familiar with the TDR (shame on you if you're not), it is the turbodiesel register. Find it at http://www.turbodieselregister.com/
    Click on discussion forums. Then 1998-2001 Ram 24valve trucks. Then look for the topic called "Which bedliner do you like and why?"

Ramman2001,
    Rusty huh, well I won't hold that against you. :)

Markcord,
    Ditto on the 3 car comment! 8th championship? I think not. Next year I gotta pull for Bill Elliot, Ward Burton, Dave Blaney, John Andretti, and the Petty's. The drivers of the Dodge Intrepids.
    Wonderboy every week? Watch out for those pesky tires.

nascar6
  • superjim2000superjim2000 Member Posts: 314
    thanx
  • tmigueltmiguel Member Posts: 33
    I ordered a 2001 Ram SLT V-10, 4x4, 5 spd, 3.54, Reg cab, Red, camper spec., limited slip, etc. on Dec. 17, 1999.

I drove it home today. The experience of allocation, D1, build date, train ride from Mexico, Delivery by truck, etc. was a ride in itself.

The truck is truly sexy and makes it into my garage by the hair on its chinny chin chin. The power mirrors are plenty big for looking down on cars. The camper special springs raised the rear end into the sky. I just ordered a Reese Titan receiver class V.

I am going to write a letter of recommendation to my Fleet manager, who to the end was a square helpful guy. I probably will also send a letter of complaint to those jokers who control the Corp. files.

My computer goes between 0 and 24 miles per gallon, averaging 6.5 on the way home. Power is great. Sure glad I decided on the V-10 stick.
    Thanks for the info at this site. Bye.
    Pickuptruck.com has a first drive on the new GM HD truck with the duramax diesel. It looks like GM has raised the bar .This will be great for the torque monster wars
  • ram4x4ram4x4 Member Posts: 24
    I called the DC 800 number yesterday. They said my truck (1500 4x4 5.9l auto) was built on the 24th in Mexico, shipped to Laredo, Texas on the 26th then was routed to Benicia, Ca on Union Pacific the next day. They gave me a rail car number so i could track it on the web. The UPRR site said it's due in Benicia on 4/4. Hopefully I should have it in the next couple of weeks!
  • wiz1wiz1 Member Posts: 18
    I have a 2001 2500, and when I was underneath, I also noted the body only was undercoated. The bed is not undercoated, nor was the frame. My truck was built in Mexico..Hope this helps.
  • tmigueltmiguel Member Posts: 33
    My 2500 was assembled in Mexico and it has undercoat under the cab but not on the frame or bed. Maybe that is why the V-10/truck is so quite that I can hear the radio.
  • fullertjfullertj Member Posts: 1
    As far as the 2000 year Dodge Ram Crewcab I saw one on the road, Hwy 101 by the Golden Gate bridge, yesterday. A 3500 Cummins, 4-doors, dually, all black. Went to my local dealer and they had never seen it and thought it was being relaesed in 2002 year models. I will be reasearching further...
    I called the 800 number late monday afternoon and the status was still the same -D1. But they said that the last update was 3/23. Said that they get updates on Monday. So, I called them today and had more "press 1" steps than normal to get through, like they changed the automated answering system. I finally got to a person, and they took my 1st and last name. They asked what my status was last time I called, and when I checked status with the dealer last. Then, they asked when I called last. I told them it was just on Monday, but told them the only reason I called the following day is that they told me that they get updates on Monday. Told them that I usually call on Tuesdays. They told me the status was still D1, and try calling next week. I got the feeling they get too many of these calls. Like it bothers them now to check status. They suggested I go and see the dealer to check my status.
  • dekingkdekingk Member Posts: 44
    Since 4/21. I ordered a 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4x2 with Cummins and automatic. My dealer tells me he has been given a build date of 5/12. I don't know what this means as far a delivery date is concerned, or where it is being built. From previous experience I hope it comes from Mexico. My last truck was built there and it was flawless from day one.
    I see alot of stuff in these posts about checking on the status of my truck but I don't understand the codes. Can anyone enlighten me.
    One more thing, I was told there is an indefinate hold on six speeds and a friend is about to order one. Should I tell him to forget it if he wants it this year?
    Nascar6: I called today and I'm still D1. I was hoping it would start being built on Tue., but maybe my calculations were off. (They told me it takes about 12 days after going D1 to the build date.) I still have a 4/11 est. ship date, so maybe it'll move along in the next couple of days. When I called DC on 3/27, I was asked when the last time was that I called. I've called twice since and haven't been asked that question again. I called last week and ran through all of my options to confirm that there weren't any order mistakes (after hearing about Indyff83's color snafu). They even confirmed the 3.55 LSD!
    Rich: Any news with your status? Like Nascar6 said, I bet our trucks are 3 in a row. (I wonder if our VINs are 1,2,3)
    Superjim: I ordered the Bedrug from California Concepts ($339. w/shipping) - should be here this week. I also ordered a fiberglass tonneau cover.
    Indyff83: Are you still out there? How's the beast running?
    By the way, I heard that some Ford trucks are looking at November build dates now!
    As of Monday I was still D1. My last 3 digits are 765. .... Rich
    Mine are 871

nascar6
    Hey Rich,
    I'm sure glad your VIN is before mine. Yours should get built before mine since you've waited over 1/2 a year for it. How many weeks now? Is yours getting built in St.Louis or south of the border?

nascar6
    My last 3 digits are 574. (St. Louis)
This discussion has been closed.