Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda B Series

Comments

• olson99olson99 Member Posts: 3
    I had to change the throwout berring in a 94 mazda 4x4 pickup, my dad and I pulled everything we needed and now there is one cable on the side of the transmission holding us up. It is the hydralic line that goes directly into the side of the tranny any suggestions on getting it out?
  • gentjohngentjohn Member Posts: 3
    I posted last week concerning the instruments acting up on my 1999 Mazda B4000 and have yet received a response. Let me try this. Does anyone know how the instrument is grounded. I think this is the problem, but can't be sure. If anyone know where and how the panel is grounded this would help in fixing the problem.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    If you're not getting responses here, you may want to try posting in one of the discussions over at the Maintenance and Repair Board.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • chad4chad4 Member Posts: 1
    I heard that you can stuff a small block under the hood of a b series. has any one done this and have any Idea of what I would need to adjust and change to get this to work?
  • fair_warning66fair_warning66 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 96 Mazda B-4000 too.
    I have the same slippage problem, only during the cold months though . this has been happening to me for a couple of years, now that it is warm I have no problems. I have had my transmission serviced by a nationally know shop and they said they saw nothing wrong other than my fluid being dirty, it had never been changed! I also have a check engine light on, I just drive the darn thing like it is since that is the only problem I have had with the truck, please let me know if you get to the bottom of this mystery.
  • tc5tc5 Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a '94 B-3000 cab plus with 85,000 miles. Since day two the truck won't start most of the time. The first time I thought the battery was completely dead until I turned it a few times and it fired up. I'm wondering if it has someting to do with the clutch needing to be fully engaged to start or if there's a loose connection? Anyone have an idea?

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • screamerscreamer Member Posts: 2
    Gary.
    Have a 99 B3000 xtra cab with 4dr, 2 wd V6 w/5spd man transmission.
    Bought it one year old with 8K miles and now have 90K. Have had "NO" trouble....tuned up once....satisfied.
  • screamerscreamer Member Posts: 2
    I've lost one of my ignition keys for my B-3000 Mazda pickup...and have heard that dealers charge between $80 to $100 to make duplicates.
    Is there a way to program a cut key from a locksmith.
    It's a 2WD xtra cab 4 dr V6 5 spd manual.
  • steve31steve31 Member Posts: 3
    When I stop at an instersection or light, the RPMs pulse. The needle literally jumps.

What do you think the problem is? ECM?
  • steve31steve31 Member Posts: 3
    Correction. the year is 2002. The whole truck jumps.
  • lesmorelesmore Member Posts: 2
    My son purchased a 1988 B2200 about 3 months ago. It has 200,000+ miles. Everything was fine until yesterday when he got home. After sitting for less than 10 minutes he decided he needed to go some place and when he started the truck it rev ved excessivley at start up. HE shut it off immediately and came and got me. We tried everything we know and everything the Haynes manual suggests but the problem continues. He can't drive it because were concerned the engine will blow.
    Any suggestions?

BTW: Has anyone had trouble with the air filter housing filling up with oil? This cant be normal but nothing is mentioned in the Haynes manual and I've never heard of this problem before.
    Thanks
  • dbaukoldbaukol Member Posts: 2
    I'm having trouble after engine warms up. (runs good cold) I talked to the local parts house and he says there is a electrically operated chokestat to pull off the choke after warm up. Anybody run into this before? Also, when pulling up to a stop light, occasionally the idle is very fast until I go through neutral gear then idle slows to normal.

If you can help it will be appreciated

Dave
  • dbaukoldbaukol Member Posts: 2
    The engine runs after warmup like someone is turning the key off and on very jerky.
    I tried to edit the posting of the 1990 Mazda B2200 pickup (carb equiped) 4 cyl stick but could not so I'm posting another message.

Thanks

Dave
  • lesmorelesmore Member Posts: 2
    It turns out there was a secondary linkage back right corner of carb that had come loose. I reconnected it and all is well
  • jad1jad1 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 98 B4000 With a 4.0 5 speed. My problem is that since the oil has been changed it has developed a knock in the motor. the strange thing is that if you turn on the AC or put it under even very slight load the knock is not heard at all. The truck only has 70000 miles on it. Anyone have the same problem? What would the correction be? The dealer cannot seem to explain the cause of the knock.
  • dutchess1dutchess1 Member Posts: 2
    does anyone know how to change fuel filter (understand need special wrench) and how to change dashboard lamps.
  • tc5tc5 Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a 1994 b3000 and am finding that as a taller guy (6'4") I am having a hard time with visibilty of traffic lights, etc. My field of vision from the front is better in my girlfriends Toyota Corolla. Any ideas on how to lower the seat? Thanks.
  • billmoore22billmoore22 Member Posts: 1
    My 1998 B2500 pickup on a random basis between shifts of the transmission will not return to normal idle speed but sticks at approx. 2500 rpm. When I come to a complete stop it will return to normal but when I return to the road it will continue to do the same thing unless I fully turn the key off when I am stopped. Evidently this restets something. I have been told that a computer reflash might fix the problem. Anybody have any different ideas what the problem may be or had a similar experience?
  • birdbillbirdbill Member Posts: 1
    When engine is cold, under load, about 1,500 to 2,000 RPM's the engine cuts out. I was told by a Mazda mechanic that the fluid needed changing in the torque converter, but it does it when brake torquing also. Any suggestions? I sprayed the plug wires with water when running and found no problem.
  • russ6russ6 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 1994 B4000 Mazda truck with 4.0 liter and code 332 is set after 10 to 15 miniuts of driving. I have reset the computer by taking the battery cable of and turning the ignition switch on and still the check engine light comes on. I pull the codes and 332 comes up. I replaced the EGR valve and still get the same code after re setting the computer. The symptoms are rus rough and surges at cruising speed. Can anyone help?
  • jbone27jbone27 Member Posts: 2
    i had a similar problem a few weeks ago.....but my problem was that the truck would turn over like crazy, but wouldn't start. i ended up having 2 sensors (i believe they were a cam sensor and a crank sensor). after having the sensors replace it starts up with no problem. your sensors may be wearing out. hope this helps.
  • kirbyjkirbyj Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with the same model, only the high revving is not random, it's pretty much all the time now.

I just replaced all the plugs and wires - maybe it's worse now.

Previously, a service manager at the dealer said to clean the throttle body of carbon build up. That seemed to help 20k miles ago, but have not tried it again lately.
  • elguitaristaelguitarista Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1994 Mazda B2250 SE-5 and it makes a coughing sound when i release the gas. What should i do?
  • stryker5671stryker5671 Member Posts: 6
    Hi I own a 1989 Mazda B2200 and everything is fine on it except that when my dash lights dont work. And when i push on the brakes, the blinker lights on the front come on, but dont blink...(not that they are supposed to anyway.) i need help cause i cant drive at night with the lights out. any suggestions on this?
  • birddog10birddog10 Member Posts: 2
    2002 B3000 V6 4x4 when turning switch on dash board into 4 high or 4low I have no reaction. Will not go into 4 wheel drive, indicator lights will not illuminate either.
    When turning key to acc. position the 4low or 4high indicators will not illuminate as they should like all other indicators do,(air bag, seat belt , batt, gruise etc...)I have checked fuse panel near drivers door and the one under the hood next to firewall all seems o.k.. Does anyone have any ideas? Or has anyone seen this problem. Would appreciate any and all suggestions. My mechanical knowledge is average.
  • chef11chef11 Member Posts: 1
    I am not sure if any one has responsed to you but I had the same problem. The two thing that I did to solve it was I also replaced the EGR Pressure Sensor and with 94 there maybe alot of carbon build up in the top end I use some intake cleaner and sprayed it in though the intake and at the egr intake area after that the problem went away you also want to change your oil after you do this.
  • nasaprojectnasaproject Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find out how to do this? I am stationed overseas and there is no place that deals with the keys for my truck. I can buy a blank and have it cut but I do not know how to program it. PLEASE HELP
  • b4000b4000 Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know if you can lift a 2wd b4000. also if you know what size tires will fit on it. And what size rims
  • blowrimoreblowrimore Member Posts: 1
    Is there any one who can tell me why my truck when it's cold starts to flood. Their will be black smoke coming out of the tail pipe. And then it will get slower and slower going down the highway until it just shuts off. I was told I need a new carb. bought one almost 500.00 and it still does the same, no better please help.
  • b2bb73b2bb73 Member Posts: 1
    Dear Janselmi, I see that you are having a problem with your gas mileage, sorry, to hear that and I have a product that you might be interested in. If you are interested just e-mail and I will get back with you with more information. Lonnie D. Tanem
  • dalano73dalano73 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 92 Mazda B2200 and when my engine cools down, my upper radiator hose collapses down on its self. Does any one no why this happens? I really need help.
  • colorado6colorado6 Member Posts: 2
    Check gage is lit gas gage sometimes registers usally does not. need info what (where) to check
  • duck68137duck68137 Member Posts: 7
    I am thinking of buying a new 2005 B2300 with 5 spd. They advertise 29 mpg on highway. Has anyone got close to those kind of numbers? Also, how reliable are these 4 cylinders, anybody got over 100,000 miles on one? thanks
  • bbthomasbbthomas Member Posts: 24
    I have a 2004 B2300 w/auto that's rated at 26mpg highway. I average 25mpg commuting 65 miles daily. I've gotten up to 28mpg with mostly steady (65mph) highway speeds. The mazda 2.3L engines are suppose to be very reliable. They have a timing chain, not a belt. I believe they started manufacture of these new engines for 2003, so not sure if anyone would have 100,000 miles yet.
  • colorado6colorado6 Member Posts: 2
    CAN'T FIND REPLIES
  • bob110bob110 Member Posts: 3
    For the life of me I can't find the PVC valve location on my 1996 B2300 PU. Can anyone give me a clue? If it's on the valve cover, it's well hidden.
    I am also showing a check engine light; computer says examine the charcoal filter circuit. I have replaced the sensor and solenoid and it was fine for about 5 mounths but now the problem is back...any ideas here?
  • kingxdkingxd Member Posts: 1
    How difficult is it to replace a serpentine belt on this vehicle... or should I leave it up to a real mechanic.
    thanks
  • mark89mark89 Member Posts: 1
    I just put a new head on the engine....the motor will rotate..stop...rotate...stop....any suggestions on how to diagnose this issue
  • triumph2triumph2 Member Posts: 1
    very easy.use long extension w/socket to large nut on tension pulley,pull down(or up),i believe their is picture under hood showing which way to pull,when you pull on bar it will release tension on belt by moving away from it,with other hand remove from tension pulley first,(release bar slowly,as there is a lot of tension on it).its usually easier lying on back when doing this.takes 5/10 minutes.
  • stryker5671stryker5671 Member Posts: 6
    I have an 89 Mazda B2200 SE-5, and I have a few little things wrong with it. First, when it is colder out (Buffalo Winters) it idles at a high idle. Next, my dash lights are out as well as my blinker system is messed up. Thats pretty much it. Its a cool little truck, and it has approx. 95,000 miles on it. So..if anyone can help me out it would be great.
  • 93b220093b2200 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 93 mazda b2200 se-5 i live in new york and it's in the middle of winter and my truck idles at 2k and when it works up it goes right to 1 or under. I'm also selling it for $1800 if anyones interested it has 85kmi 5spd no rust $300 jvc cd am/fm radio. It has alittle front end damage but everything still works. I'm located upstate,ny and my e-mail address is hollowxtips@yahoo.com
  • dseamandseaman Member Posts: 7
    Ok, this is about 7.5 years too late, but I've owned an '89 Mazda B-2200 since 1992.
    "Ol Betsy" is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.
    She's got 221K + on her now and still runs pretty good.
    I love the concept of the "mini-pickup".
    Large enough to do a decent amount of work but small and efficient enough to use as a daily commmuter.
    I was a mechanic for about 10 years, mostly during the 80's, and this is one of the easiest motors from that decade to work on (the others being the Chevy Sprint and the VW Rabbit Diesel).
    Currently looking to do a diesel conversion for my truck.
    Want tractable high-speed diesel between 2.0 and 2.5 litre that is easy to find, repair and find parts for.
    If you have any advice I'd be eager to hear your comments.

Later!,
    dseaman
    Thinking about converting my 1989 B-2200 to diesel power.
    I was a mechanic for about 10 years, so I can do the work (no problem), I'm just a little out of touch with whats currently available on the market.
    What I'm looking for is a small, lightweight, tractable high-speed diesel displacing between 2.0 and 2.5 litre.
    I guess the Toyo Kogyo engine that was used in the series of Mazda trucks that came just before mine are no longer made and very hard to find now, so that's out of the question.
    Also, I've heard that Nissan's 4-33 is no longer made (is this correct?)
    Too bad, that would've been perfect.
    I would like to have a motor that's easy to find, repair and easy to find parts for.
    ...also need something that'll either bolt to my 5-speed or that'll fit some existing adapter.
    Anyone with any advice, I would love to hear from you.
    You can reply here, or e-mail me (please click on my name, in the title section above).
    ...also, I live in the USA, if that makes a difference.

Look forward to hearing lots of replies.

dseaman
    Replace the radiator cap with a new one.

You might also want to think about new hoses, if they haven't been changed in a while.

dseaman
    Janselmi,

Don't ever do anything half way.
    If you're going to do a tune-up, DO THE ENTIRE TUNE-UP.
    Cap, rotor, ALL of the plugs, ALL of the wires, air and fuel filters.
    After doing all that, if you're still getting poor gas milage, at least you've eliminated any "lack-of-maintenance" to the engine (speaking of which, has the oil and filter been changed lately? Should be done about every 2500 miles, considering today's tiny little oil filters).

The suggestion about cleaning the injectors is a good one too.
    It's easy to do and works better than the stuff you pour in your tank.
    Go to a parts store and get some "injector cleaner". It will come in a can and will include a hose with an end that looks like it came off a tire pump.
    There will also be a small wire hook and frame that come with it.
    All you do is open the hood and locate the fuel manifold for the injectors.
    There should be a schrader valve in that manifold somewhere.
    The valve will most likely be covered with a small screw-on plastic cap.
    When removed, it looks like the valve in your tire, only connected to a metal pipe.
    The bottle of injector cleaner hangs from your hood in the wire frame, upside down (the hose end will be pointed down).
    The other end of the hose will connect to the schrader valve.
    Now all you have to do is run the engine for the prescribed amount of time (see instructions).
    After the time has expired, you remove the hose and bottle and replace the black plastic cap on the schrader valve.
    If the injectors were fouled, they'll be much cleaner now.

If none of this helps and you don't have a check engine light that's been on this whole time, you might wanna look at your driving habits.
    My father was an amazing driver. Her could always pull an extra 5 MPG out of any car he drove, because he knew how to drive efficiently (of course, he never taught me that!).

dseaman
    This is purely a guess, but possibly the EGR is cloggged?
    check it out.

dseaman
  • jbrazjbraz Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know how to change the light bulbs for the steering wheel mounted cruise control?
  • jeff_suttonjeff_sutton Member Posts: 1
    Hey - I don't know if I can be of any help...I'm actually looking for the same console/armrest myself for a 2000 range xlt 60/40 high back seat in gold (EX) trim...I found one today, except it's a medium gray color. Hit me back at jeffrey_m_sutton@yahoo.com and I'll give you the parts yard name and number...in the meantime, I don't suppose you've stumbled across a gold console have you ?

thanks !

Jeff
  • jrosasmcjrosasmc Member Posts: 1,711
    I'm just wondering- will the current Mazda pickup continue in its current form into the 2007 model year? Any changes expected to the truck?
  • 87mazdab260087mazdab2600 Member Posts: 3
    im sorry, i dont have an answer to you question,,,,but, by any chance do you know the fireing order to a mazda b2600?