Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda B Series

Comments

• Options
    87mazdab260087mazdab2600 Member Posts: 3
    anyone know the fireing order to a 87 mazda b2600 truck?
    if you can get back to me at jahminmarley@yahoo.com
  • Options
    cliff7cliff7 Member Posts: 1
    Where is the dood ajar sensor located in 1999 mazda b3000 pickups?
  • Options
    dbdriveaddictdbdriveaddict Member Posts: 2
    bud replacint the belt should take no more then 15 minutes..just lift the belt tensioner..slip the belt out.then take it off..then put the belt back on..slip it under the tension pully..then your done
  • Options
    dbdriveaddictdbdriveaddict Member Posts: 2
    hello..im looking around for lowering springs for my b2200 and also a box..any help is appreciated..thanks
  • Options
    stryker5671stryker5671 Member Posts: 6
    i dont think that the mazda b-series is going to last that long.....it was one of the top ten in sales decline in 2005. if your going to buy one, consider a ford ranger instead since it is basically the same thing since 1994.
  • Options
    tbucktbuck Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I have a '96 B2300 manual transmission that's never given me any trouble until the past year. ~6 months ago the ABS light starting coming on at irregular intervals. Didn't have it serviced & now it's on 24-7 and I'm having transmission problems (loud whining/howl when in lower gears or slowing down). Could there be a connection between the two?
  • Options
    space2space2 Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a '00 B3000 and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to make it look and perform sick? Are there any body mods or turbos that I can purchase? I know that rims and tires will help but I want more. Kinda a stupid question, I know. If you could help that would be great. ;)
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hey space2,
    You might want to check out our Speed Shop: Tuning & Modification board. Lots of the modders hang out there.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    drieckdrieck Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have a 1998 B2500. A few years back I was in an area that had heavy rains, and I had to drive through some relatively deep water. 2 years later my clutch squeals when I let it out most of the time. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Dan
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Do not post your email address! If you wish to make your email address known to other members, make your profile address "public" where it can be seen by other registered members.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    blackromeoblackromeo Member Posts: 1
    I just got my truck, so I'm still unfamiliar with some of it's workings and 'personality'.

So far the truck has worked fantastic for the most part except for one fairly minor detail that I'm wondering about: why or why do my indicator lights (such as 'door ajar') keep coming on when there is nothing wrong? For example, when I slam all the doors hard it sometimes still says 'door ajar' and then magically stops saying this after 1/2 hour of driving or so.

Also the interior light will come on when I turn off the car (because it thinks the door is ajar again) but always seems to go off eventually. Does anyone experience this peculiarity?
  • Options
    timctimc Member Posts: 4
    Open the door and check the samll rubber contact button which when depressed......turns the light off. Depending on how old your truck is>>>>sometimes the little rubber covering gets worn and prevents a good contact.
  • Options
    timctimc Member Posts: 4
    I THINK 06 or 07 will be it. Mazda only sold a few thousand last year. I have had 3. An 87 2WD, and 89 4x4 and the one I have now...a 93 4x4 Cabplus. Awesome truck. I go from Eastern oregon to the Idaho Rockies every other weekend(studs all the way around) to teach skiing. Have 160,000 miles and it has NEVER left me on the road. Have done all my own maintenance and STILL on original clutch,rearend and motor, of course which does not burn ANY oil. I change the oil every 3k and put Energy Release in it. But I have just recently began that...about 10k ago. The 93 was the last truck made in Japan. I am sure the quality was better. I see quite a few pre-93s still out there. I JUST WISH MAZDA WOULD COME UP WITH ANOTHER JAPANESE MADE TRUCK OR IT WILL BE THE "TOY" FOR MY NEXT ONE!! Still waiting!!
  • Options
    rross1rross1 Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a 99 B2500 SE cabplus. The speedometer isn't working below 30mph. Above 30mph it works fine.The odometer doesn't work below 30mph either. Anybody have that experience? Was it the instrument cluster, sensor or speedo cable that was the problem? Thanks for any input.
  • Options
    jps9jps9 Member Posts: 2
    My 2001 B3000 started having automatic transmission shifting problems at 31,000 miles, as you can tell I hardly drive it. It started with a harsh 1-2 shift and then a trouble transmission light. After 3 trips to the dealer and a cost of $900 they resolved the problem by installing a kit that consisted of a updated seperator plate and EPC blowoff valve. The new plate had hole #50 removed, this is where I was losing line pressure. This must be a common problem with these model trucks and the Ford Rangers which are the same. My question is why did it take 31,000 miles to happen and why this is not a recall. I haved emailed Mazda and asked that question. Comments?
  • Options
    jps9jps9 Member Posts: 2
    You have probably fixed it by now by installing a new hose. I have experienced the same problem and that fixed it
  • Options
    rross1rross1 Member Posts: 2
    Never mind...I fixed it. The ABS light was also on. There is a speed/ABS sensor located on the rear differential. I changed that sensor (about $32.00 at the Ford dealer) and the speedometer works perfectly at all speeds plus the ABS light is no longer on. Yippee!
  • Options
    barrieaubarrieau Member Posts: 1
    I had the some problem I had my transmission filter changed and the fluid changed. My truck works great now, mine started at 80,000km.
  • Options
    j2mej2me Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Having a problem with my 1999 pu truck. When I turn left/right the truck quivers/shakes.

I checked the power steering fluid which is 3/4 full. Any ideas?

Please forward comments to j2me_2000@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

jt
  • Options
    As stated in the post box, please do not post your email address in your messages. Answers shared in the forum instead of email benefit all of us.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    smazda1smazda1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a B2200 and am having engine problems. I was thinking about going to a junk yard to replace it and was wondering if someone knows what other pickup has the same engine? Can I replace a Nissan engine for this one? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    troy43troy43 Member Posts: 1
    The engine pings badly with regular gas, and even some with high test. Anyone know how to change the timing, reset the computer, etc. or anything that will allow the engine to run on regular gas without the ping, otherwise, I really can't complain about it, has 166k on it.
  • Options
    docwalleyedocwalleye Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of buying what I'm told is a 1997 B2500. Did Mazda make the B2500 in 97 or 98? I'm a bit confused with the year. Also, it's a plain little truck with a 4 cyl/5 speed and air with 67,000 miles. I'd appreciate any recommendations on things to look out for while test driving or, if a qualified mechanic should do it for me. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    jbrazjbraz Member Posts: 7
    I had similar problems with my '02 B3000 at 30,000 miles. The truck was out of warranty by about six months. Mazda turned a deaf ear. I had my local mechanic replace it with a low mileage used trans. This was cheaper than a rebuild. You would think Mazda would step up and do something since this seems to be a recurring problem.
  • Options
    smoss62smoss62 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with my 1999 Mazda B3000 extended cab...only it was just on right turns, it turned out that it was the Rack and Pinion Steering.
  • Options
    brian9582brian9582 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 92 b2600 and for the last 2 week i have had plug fouling problems in cylinders 1 and 3.(it's a fuel foul, black suet on the plug, no oil).I'll put a new set of plugs in and it'll run just fine for 5 or 10 min then it fouls them out. I have changed the injectors,fuel filters, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. It worked fine for about a week then it fouled the same two plugs, I then swaped the injectors around, and it fouled the same two plugs 1&3. Is there anyone that has had a similer problem or any idea what mite be causing this problem? thanks for any help,
  • Options
    sikwayisikwayi Member Posts: 1
    I did not know my new truck had a high speed fuel cut off at 88 mph. I have tried without luck to find anyway to reset - change - or buy after market computer chip or switch what ever it takes to have a higher top speed than 88 mph. Has anyone else looked into this or found how to do this?
  • Options
    swingaccswingacc Member Posts: 1
    shakey steering = problem w/ steering box ((power or manual)), prob w/ rack and pinion ((usually chipped tooth on pinion)), or blown steering stabilizer ((if your truck has one, but that's usually at a certain speed....my old GMC dump had one blow out.)) High speed fuel cut off = take it to your local speed shop. I almost guarantee they've got a car comp hacker, who'll do it for cheep or free. However, if it's an actual governer ((don't know why it would have it, but it might)) take a screwdriver to it ;)

-c

Fifth Wheel Racing
    Mechanic
  • Options
    becky1987becky1987 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 1987 B2600 4x4 i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a crankshaft and connecting rods for this truck. or if there are any other truck models that are compatible with this. it'd be greatly appreciative for any help. :sick:
  • Options
    sirtacosirtaco Member Posts: 1
    Is this a active board?
  • Options
    mdaffronmdaffron Member Posts: 4,421
    It kinda ebbs and flows ... Mazda pickups aren't the most popular trucks around, so it stays fairly quiet here. But some of us lurk and would be happy to answer any question you might have. Remember also that the Mazda pickup is a rebadged Ford Ranger, and I'm certain that discussion is much more active than this one.

Meade
  • Options
    mintyminty Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone,
    My mechanic say this part cannot be found. This old girl has only 120,000kms onher so I need this part to keep her running. Any advice on where to find this?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Hey everyone,

Any advice on where to find this part? My mechanic says the part is dis-continued and I need one to keep my ol' girl running. She only has 120,000kms on her. He also mentioned that it may need to be a 1987 carb.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Nevermind. Figures as soon as I post this message, the next day, my truck has been repaired.
    Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    abgagerabgager Member Posts: 2
    I have just experienced a similar high revving problem for the first time. Towards the end of a 3.5 hour drive the rpms on my 2000 b3000 starting shooting up (more than 4000rpms) whenever I pushed in the clutch. It stays high for a few seconds (5-10) then drops down to a normal idle level. At first, putting the car in neutral would make the revs drop down to normal (1k rps) but then the revs started shooting up even when in neutral with the clutch out. I pulled over, turned the car off and the problem went away when I started driving again for about 1/2 hour but then the problem came back.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    abgagerabgager Member Posts: 2
    i'm answering my own question here. we cleaned out the throttle body with some xylene in a spray can. residue can build up in there and cause the throttle to stick. it took care of the high-revving problem and also got rid of a rumble in the engine that had been building for several weeks.
  • Options
    brucerdnbrucerdn Member Posts: 1
    Hi Folks
    Wondering if anyone has any information about what hoses connect to the carb,and where. I just put a new carb on and had some help and can't figure out what hose goes where. Help please
    Buck
  • Options
    gfergusongferguson Member Posts: 1
    Did you take this any further ? I'm also considering it for my 84 B2000, make kind of a rat rod out of it. From what I've read on line, it may make more sense to do a Ford 302 swap, lighter engine and plenty of after market parts to soup up the motor. I plan to go with the auto trans, less linage issues than a 4 spd or 5 spd. Some of this info is from the RX7 V-8 swap blog sheets, but may be good advice for a B2000 also.
  • Options
    snowshoe1snowshoe1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm desperately seeking a fuel sender unit for my 1993 cab plus B2600i 4x4. The fuel tank itself is readily available but not the sender unit, this must be an extremely rare piece. I have been unsuccesful finding an aftermarket unit and the dealer price is $800.00 after taxes as they won't separate the fuel pump from the sender unit. The problem with my current sender unit is both fuel lines rusted off/broke flush with the top of the sender where it connects to the fuel tank. Anyone have a tip?
  • Options

As you may have noticed, we are reorganizing the Forums to allow better focus and easier searching when you have a particular problem or comment about any given vehicle. We ask that you check the new discussions that you can find at the Group page, linked below. This discussion will not be closed/deleted, so you can still post and search for information in it.

If you don't see a discussion in the group appropriate to your question or comment, start a new one, or send me an email, and I'll point you in the right direction!

Mazda B-Series Group

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    bedinottibedinotti Member Posts: 2
    My 2000 Mazda PU model B2500 heater does not work. Last year it was intermittent in that I could leave the heater switch on and restart the engine and it would sometimes work, but no longer. Mazda wants $91 just for an analysis. Does any one have a repair manual they would like to sell or perhaps would be willing to fax the heater diagram/wiring. I took the dash apart but I could not find the problem - the switches all seemed to work. It's getting real cold here in upstate NY so any help or information would be much appreciated. By the way I could not find a repair manual to purchase - supposedly one will be available in January.

Thanks
    russellbedinotti@verizon.net
  • Options
    lodn31lodn31 Member Posts: 1
    HI I have a 94 B2300 and I think I have the same problem. I was wondering if you have got yours fixed or figured out what is wrong with it?
  • Options
    ck16ck16 Member Posts: 1
    I am just new to the site and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some Rims and Rubber used or new for a 2004 B3ooo. Hopefully not to costly as it's just for winter.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks. :D
    Ck16
  • Options
    jbrazjbraz Member Posts: 7
    It took a long time, but I found out the light is built into the switch and the only way to fix it is to replace the switch. Also, not all replacement switches are lighted.
  • Options
    wheelman2wheelman2 Member Posts: 1
    lodn31
    have any luck, fixing your problem?
    i've got a 98 with no heat. doesn't seem to be getting any vacuum to the mix door...but not sure yet what that means, switch or leak ?????
    let me know if you find out anything and i'll do the same.
  • Options
    dandavisdandavis Member Posts: 1
    Would only sell to the right buyer. Nicest example of a mint Mazda you've ever seen. If it isn't in someone else's driveway by July 2007 then I'll be looking to collect 1.engine and transmission, 2. sheet metal, 3. A/C components, 4. electrical. No restoration needed. Please don't force me to keep it. I'd expect the buyer to lift it, drop it or show it. It's that nice.
  • Options
    We have quite a few used-vehicle discussions in our Smart Shopper Board. Give them a look and you should get some ideas.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    mazda101mazda101 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 1999 Mazda B2500 with 50,000 miles on it. When I first purchased it at 43,000 it had not been tuned up so it ran fairly well but wasn't really getting great mileage; i.e. 18 to 20 mpg which amounts to 270 to 300 miles per tank at 15 gallons. I then installed a K&N cool air system and filter;
    ( http://www.knfilters.com/feedback13.htm ),(buy one off of ebay, I did and got a great deal), (also improves horse power and torque); The mileage improved from 20 to 21 mpg which amounts to 300 to 315 miles per tank. I then changed the plugs to Bosch platinum II; the mileage improved an additional 22 to 24 mpg which amounts to 340 to 360 miles per tank. But, I found out that I still need to adjust the valves that may be holding it back. Finally, I found a website about a Toyota t100 that was modified via aerodynamically; mileage improved as much as 30mpg using an aluminum pan under the chassis. Other companies like Porsche and Honda use this technique to improve performance and mileage, I think i will do the same: ( http://www.recumbents.com/car_aerodynamics/#Measuring your mileage ) (Check out this site too: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/ ) They say 70% of a cars mileage is based on aerodynamics so, if you can improve your driving habits by following the suggestions from the websites I have listed here plus changing the aerodynamics should improve mileage.
  • Options
    tobeyandbecktobeyandbeck Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know if a KLZE 2.5L mazda mx-6 motor will bolt on a 2600 B-series truck transmission.If anybody knows if it will please let me know? :confuse:
  • Options
    mzda2000mzda2000 Member Posts: 6
    Saw some florescuent yellow fluid under truck while washing rear tire well the other day. Any suggestions as to what it could be. No spot found on driveway. :confuse: