Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Has anyone used the triple edge wipers at walmart?

edwardn1edwardn1 Member Posts: 103
edited March 2014 in Ford
They appear to have a lifetime warranty and here in the Phoenix area heat that would be nice. I wonder if they clean as well as conventional rubber wipers as they are silicone rubber.

Comments

• Options
    zueslewiszueslewis Member Posts: 2,353
    I'm changing them - they clear great, but haven't stopped screaming and squealing in 2 months. I use Rain X and I guess the windshield's just too dry.

VERY annoying.
  • Options
    and would you buy them again?
  • Options
    zueslewiszueslewis Member Posts: 2,353
    but I'll never NOT use RainX - so in that case, no, I won't buy them again.

I'm going back to regular blades.
  • Options
    bretfrazbretfraz Member Posts: 2,021
    My experience has been that they worked great for a month or two then degraded quickly. I usually replace wiper blades annually but these had to go after 6 months or so.

Having lived in So Cal, what I did what remove the wipers altogether and Rain-X'd my windshield. That way I had better vision, the wipers lasted longer, the car looked better (the real reason I removed them), and I still had some protection in case we got a little rain. Always keep one wiper in the trunk, just in case.

Now that I live in GA, its Bosch Excel wiper blades for me. A great product IMO.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I HATE Rain-X! Oh, I followed the directions to a "T" several different times.

for me, it was like having a film of oil on the windshield and the wiper blades skipped.

Like Armor- All...won't touch it!
  • Options
    oldharryoldharry Member Posts: 413
    W/S wiper arms are designed to put a certain amount of down force for every inch of wiper blade. If you use triple edge balade, there is only one third the pressure for each inch of blade contact. This may be okay for rain, but fail to remove snow or muddy splashes on the glass.

Harry
  • Options
    ...no one likes these wipers.
  • Options
    chuckles_gchuckles_g Member Posts: 10
    Say, just a helpful hint on those squeaky and chattering wipers...

Most folks are un-aware that the products (most specifically the wax) that automatic car washes use deteriorate the wiping quality of your blades prematurely from build-up.

Try this to bring back your blades: Lift the wiper arm up off the windsheild, spray the blade well with a good quality glass cleaner, let it soak while you also clean the window with the glass cleaner. Then clean the blades, reapply if needed and clean again.

That should do it, if they still skip and chatter, you need to replace them.
  • Options
    swschradswschrad Member Posts: 2,171
    gets off all the road goo, too.
This discussion has been closed.