Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac CTS Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    I just bought a new 2005 CTS the last day of June. Based on my experience with this car and many previous ones, some bought as demos, I would look at your demo as needing to be discounted about 6 month's payments (6000 miles is about average for 6 months of use), plus a reasonable downpayment, say $2000. To my way of thinking, that works out to about $5500 to $6000 total, off of employee discount.
    Before I bought my 05 CTS (3.6 automatic) in June, I looked at probably 80 or more CTS' at three dealers in Denver. Not one of the 3.6's was a stick. There was only two 2.8's and one was a stick, and all of the CTS-V's were 6-speeds (there were many, over 20 of them). One dealer said not to buy a 2.8 because there was some problem with the engines. After stopping by a month later at the same dealer that sold me my car (he had about 30 CTS previously), he has only two 05 3.6's and about a dozen 05 V's. I get the impression that they sold a boatload of CTS with the employee discount program.

As a long-time gearhead, I can understand the desire for a 6 speed car, but there is no way I can live with one as my primary transportation, given the demands of cell phones, traffic, etc. The car with the automatic is delightful. I have the sport package. The closest car I am familiar with that has similar handling is the BMW 330i, which the CTS will smoke in a drag race. For a car that rides as well and as quietly as the CTS, it sets up in a fast corner very nicely, reminiscent of BMW. Also, the steering and brakes are pretty fair. The snob appeal in my neighborhood does not seem to match BMW or Mercedes, but at least the CTS is a lot less common around here. My only reservation is the snow performance, but with the inherent balance, I expect it will be fine with the proper tires fitted.

That said, your best bet is to order an 06 the way you want it and shoot for the best price you can get, knowing what the going rate on 05's is. There is not enough new on the 06 to make it more desireable, so I dont think you should have a lot of trouble getting a decent quote for an ordered car. Dont be surprised if they make you give a non-refundable deposit though, because very few other people walk into a Caddy dealership looking to shift for themselves. That was clear by the wealth of 6 speed V's sitting on the lot collecting dust with even deeper discounts than the 3.6's. The V would be fun for a few weeks, but I dont think I would be able to keep my foot out of it, which would lead to unwanted attention from the law. It is more fun to go fast in a slow car than it is to go slow in a fast car.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    driving a 6-speed in traffic is difficult with a cellphone. i tend to avoid doing it especially since i am still getting used to the car (GTO). my 25 years of honed Z28 driving skills don't really map well to the GTO - it's way different. but better! if i am on the phone and need to shift, oh well, i just shift with the phone in my hand too, so much for the conversation - first things first.
    in case all you folks don't know yet - for 2006 the CTS-V will have an automatic trans option - as well as LS2 engine.
    a dude at work has an XLR. he said he bought it at a chevy dealer that just added the cadillac franchise too. he admits that he is very picky but is not fully pleased with his dealership. i can probably get more details from him if others are interested , but probably i'd have to plant that info on "XLR buying experience" thread instead, if there is one. i'll probably suggest to him that he visit edmunds.com himself and tell us all what's what with his XLR.
  • mrjones1mrjones1 Member Posts: 5
    I have an offer in writing for an '06 CTS with luxury package and power sunroof, no other options.

Offer is for $35,628. With the SmartBuy incentive, botom line price is $33,378, plus TTL.

Is this a good deal? Should I try for better at same dealer or elsewhere?
  • surge1surge1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, in the market for 2006 CTS 3.6L automatic. I wonder what kind of deals people are getting to lease this car w/ the employee purchase program.

Thank you.
  • cadigirlcadigirl Member Posts: 5
    I purchased an '05 CTS in early July and have had to have the catalytic converter replaced 2 weeks after purchase due to the check engine soon light coming on. Two weeks after that, I had to have the shift differential replaced and am now having to have it replaced a second time due to grinding noises when backing up and make turns. Has anyone else out there experienced anything like this with an '05 CTS? Sounds to me like I have a lemon. I would appreciate any comments.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    This is a pricing discussion..

You might get more replies if you re-post here: Cadillac CTS

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cadigirlcadigirl Member Posts: 5
    Thank you. My error. I re-posted the message.
  • sweetpolly1sweetpolly1 Member Posts: 2
    I'd get rid of it. Sounds like similar trouble I've had. I purchased a Chevy Impala LS facory ordered and fully loaded and it's been a lemon ever since. It's been back and forth to the dealer on numerous occasions under GM warranty repairs and I've taken it back two times under my extended warranty! Had I known it before, you can take your new car back to the dealer and trade it for another one, but there's a time limit. Check the lemon law rules in your state. Cadillac repairs cost way too much to chance having to make on your own once your warranties are up. I'm getting ready to purchase a new CTS, but I plan to get the 06 model because I was told that I shouldn't buy a first year car. Anyway, good luck with your car.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I have an 05 CTS with 13,000 miles on it. It is my wife's car. I drove it last night for the first time in a long time and it has this low roaring sound which has to be the tires. They are Goodyear tires. They are not running out of alignment. Has anyone had this? The car runs quiet and the sound is very annoying.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Hi temj12,
    Since this discussion focuses on pricing, please re-post your question in our regular Cadillac CTS topic, where other owners hang out. Since it doesn't seem to be a vehicle-specific question, you might actually have better luck in our Tires, tires, tires discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jeepemjeepem Member Posts: 10
    Hello to all,

I just got a 2003 CTS, dark blue, moonroof, bose speakers, certified car, i think it had both the luxury and sport upgrades. It has the wood on the steering wheel and shifter, if that matters. 45K miles, but like I said, good for 100K. The only thing missing was the nav.
    Got it for just under $20,000, plus TTL.

I think I did good. What do you think?
  • allargonallargon Member Posts: 75
    I think you did very well. Last May, I looked at several certified cars (this was pre employee discount, pre new value pricing) and nearly bought a 2003 CTS for $26K w/ nearly 30K miles on it. I think you should make sure that it has all the recall work done on it, but that's a discussion for another forum.
  • herc76herc76 Member Posts: 52
    I was looking at a 03 CTS and it is priced on-line at $22,770 and it has only 23,988 miles on it. It has the (I beleive) the Bose speakers, it is two-toned black and gray, and is the wood package. I am trading in a 02 TL (72,466 miles) and was appraised by both Carmax and another dealership. Carmax was willing to give me $11000 and the dealership where the CTS is located will give me $12000. I was only able to get them down to $22,200 and after that they wouldn't budge a bit. Do anyone think this a good deal?
  • clubmanager1clubmanager1 Member Posts: 7
    Just leased the 06 caddy cts sport edition. I believe the sticker was 38.6 or so. I leased the vehicle with the price being GMS (dealer was calling in a favor he said?), gave buy rate of 3.95%, doc fee of 398, whatever the acqu fee is thru gmac, i think 695. did 27mths, paid first payment and around 75 for registration, etc. payment came out to 471 month which includes sales tax of 3%. 12K miles/yr. 3100 in rebates included (auto show, march madness and dealer cash) I think the residual was 60%, can't remember. Only had it a few days but the sport package is the only way to go. looks more like a v series but way less money and the perf is pretty good.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Marketing Support
    $2000 Cash to Dealer start: 04/05/2006 end: 07/05/2006
    Restrictions None.
    Comments Incentives may vary see your local dealer for details
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Manufacturer to Dealer

Marketing Support
    $3000 Cash to Dealer start: 05/12/2006 end: 07/05/2006 Restrictions None.
    Comments Incentives may vary; see your local dealer for details.
  • gonzomangonzoman Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone confirm the $3000 Factory to Dealer? Has anyone made a deal or received a quote that verifies it?

Thanks
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    I'm getting $5,000 support on a 2006 STS,if that's any help...
  • waltkanwaltkan Member Posts: 6
    I would appreciate any feedback/opinions on this deal I'm working on:

2006 3.6L Black CTS Ebony Int.
    w/Auto Trans, Luxury Pkg, Sunroof, Upgraded Sound System

MSRP 38,190

This is a Dealer Demo with 3700 miles on it, sold as new so XM and OnStar etc. are included.

They are offering this car at $31990.
    Edmunds TMV for this car brand new is $33,494.

One other thing I have to consider is that this is an internet deal and I would have to fly to the city and drive back home, around 500 miles. They did say they would do "something" to help with the airfare.

So what do you guys think? Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks in Advance!

Walt
  • milo57milo57 Member Posts: 16
    I just purchased a 2006 CTS with 5,200 miles from a dealer for $23,000. It was a loaner / rent car and was sold as new. This price included a $3,000 rebate. In addition, I was able to get GMAC financing at 5.9%. (Due to a significant ding on my credit score, several dealers for another manufacturer had demanded 12.75 to 15 percent interest on a new vehicle.)

I should note that this car is "stripped" by Cadillac standards -- no sunroof, navigation or two-tone leather.
    The word at the dealership is that Cadillac is eager to unload the 2006 models, offering either 0% financing or the $3,000 rebate.

I chose the rebate rather than the 0%. However, as noted above the fact that I was offered 5.9% despite impaired credit shows how much GMAC wants to help move the '06s.
  • cdoucet30cdoucet30 Member Posts: 12
    I have been offered a Certified Preowned 2005 CTS 2.8 Luxury Package with 14,000 miles, 6 speed standard, 6 year/100,000 mile warranty for $23,000. Is this like an unbelievable deal or is this pretty much the going rate?
    It seems like an excellent deal. Part of the reason may be that it has a standard transmission. As a previous poster noted, most Cadillac buyers -- even CTS buyers -- aren't interested in a six speed.

The fact that it is Certified would seem to indicate that the dealership isn't just trying to get rid of a lemon. If the car had serious problems, I doubt the dealership would have paid Cadillac the $1,300 plus for certification.
  • allargonallargon Member Posts: 75
    I will respectfully disagree. They should knock down another $2k off the deal.

In Austin, Covert is offering NEW 2006 CTS's for $26k with 0% interest, etc.
  • callallcallall Member Posts: 3
    There are $3,250 cash rebate and 0 apr for 3 or 5 years. I wonder if it is possible to combine them.

I really want to have an american car even my Honda has run perfectly for 4 years and still feel like new.
  • callallcallall Member Posts: 3
    BTW, I am in PA.
  • ddlllldddlllld Member Posts: 10
    I was offered a CTS 2.8L AT for 25,250+TTL.
    Good or not?
  • jr32jr32 Member Posts: 23
    How does this sound:

06 CTS 3.8 sport
    39 month
    sticker $40,060, sale $36k and change
    $0 down, taxes rolled in (8.5%)
    $3000 in rebates

$492 month
  • jr32jr32 Member Posts: 23
    How does this sound:

06 CTS 3.8 sport
    39 month
    sticker $40,060, sale $36k and change
    $0 down, taxes rolled in (8.5%)
    $3000 in rebates

$492 month
  • kkirklandkkirkland Member Posts: 1
    I am considering trading a 2003 Mercedes E500 for an 06 CTS (3.6) V6. While I realize these two cars are over $25 grand apart in price - I would love to hear opinions from anyone who switched over from a Benz to a new CTS??
    I own an '05 CTS. I am not familiar with the sport. Is this a model that came out in '06. What is the difference in it and the regular CTS.
    Sport package is a group of options, I think including Stabilitrak, 17-inch wheels, special shock absorbers, and maybe some other stuff. It was available in 2004 and 2005 as well. Not that many dealer stock cars had it, because it is kind of expensive and most people that buy Caddys don't care for or need what it brings to the party. There is also a luxury package (wood steering wheel and other stuff). A lot of dealer stock cars have luxury package. I personally hate the wood steering wheel. When the vehicle has both, it is sometimes referred to as luxury-sport. I own a 2005 CTS with both. You don't notice the difference between sport/non-sport unless you are boogying hard on mountain roads, where it corners better and snaps in and out of turns better than the standard car, which ain't no slouch, by the way. Kind of the difference between a good ski and a great ski. The basic ride is pretty similar. I think the ride/handling balance of my car is superior to a BMW 5-Series. Steering isn't quite as good, but certainly acceptable, and maybe preferable for most people. I know my wife loves the car and she's a little picky. Stabilitrak behaves pretty well when cornering at the limit, not like some stability control systems that take all the fun out, and helps alot in snow.
  • apexncapexnc Member Posts: 3
    I got a price of $24,600 + $299 Doc + TTL for a base CTS w/Auto. MSRP= $31,190. Is this good?!?

Should I buy a CTS or Acura TSX. The TSX is higher $$$, but has regular leather. Leather in CTS would cost more.

This is in Raleigh, NC area
  • acarr46acarr46 Member Posts: 3
    I have a dealer invoice for a 2006 Cadillac CTS. I am trying to figure out the true dealer cost. It has a GMS column and a supplier and a MRM column. the dealer told me the supplr figure is his cost. Any help would be appreciated.
  • cme2ccme2c Member Posts: 7
    Local dealer has a NEW 2005 CTS with sport package, auto trans. MSRP around 42,000. Going to deal tomorrow or Wed, what do you all think a good selling price would be. I am hoping for 30K.
  • nbc612nbc612 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L for sale by owner for $26,500. It is in absolute new condition and has only 6200 miles on it. It is black with black leather interior and has the luxury package with all the bells and whistles. I think the CTS looks the best in black.

I bought the CTS from an older man who's medical condition prohibits him from driving anymore. He purchased the vehicle a little over a year ago. The MSRP was about $38000. I feel like I bought a new car with a 30% discount! I love the car so far. It has luxury mixed in with a little sportyness and lots of speed. I am 26 years old and definitely think Cadillac built a car that appeals to younger people.
    They wanted a firm 37500 on the new 2005 CTS. I almost laughed. Cmon. They did say that there weren't any GM incentives for cash back, lease rate or low interest. Maybe in 3 years I can buy it when they drop the price.
  • fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    Here's the rundown...was offered to me from Camargo Cadillace in Cincinnati, OH.

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $ 31,970.00

Options installed by Manufacturer
    3.6L V6 18" WHEEL PERFORMANCE
    PACKAGE:
    PERFORMANCE-TUNED SUSPENSION
    PERFORMANCE BRAKING SYSTEM
    18" POLISHED 9-SPOKE WHEELS
    P225/50R18 W-RATED TIRES
    TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING
    STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL
    LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
    HIGH INTENSITY HEADLAMPS
    $ 2,285.00
    3.6L V6 LUXURY PACKAGE:
    MEMORY SEAT ADJUSTER
    COMPASS IN ISRV MIRROR
    10-WAY POWER SEATS W/ LUMBAR
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
    THEFT-DETERRENT ALARM SYSTEM
    $ 1,550.00
    5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    $ 1,200.00
    CTS STANDARD PACKAGE
    NO CHARGE
    EXPRESS OPEN SUNROOF
    $ 1,200.00
    BOSE MUSIC SYS. W/ 6 DISC
    IN-DASH CD CHANGER
    (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)
    $ 1,000.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $ 7,235.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $ 39,205.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $720.00

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $39,925.00

I was offered a price of $37,500 after tax and title. Tax is 7%. Therefore I was given a price of around $35,000 before any taxes/title. Edmunds TMV price was $37,117...so this cam in a little more than $2000 less than TMV. I have done no negotiating as of yet...just emailed them for a price on a particular VIN number. I plan on selling my 98 Pontiac Grand Prix myself...put the money in savings off of that and pay the monthly car payments from that until those funds run out. I plan on jumping on the 0% for 60 months as I would save an additional $700 going that route versus the $3k cash back on a 6% loan for 60 months. Also have $3200 earnings on my GM Card, plus an additional $750 on a Citibank Driver's Edge Card...for an additional $4000 off the $37500...bringing it down to almost $33,500 after tax/title.

So far, things are looking good!! :shades:
  • fadilfadil Member Posts: 21
    In my opinion this is not a good price.The maximum that I would offer for this 06 CTS before tax and title is something like 30-31.000.If there are people on Volvo forums breaging about there purchases of Volvo S60s 07 for 10.000 less than sticker prices, what is left for CTS 06 whose complete new model will be introduce in spring next year.
    I believe your GM Card earnings are limited to $2,000 on a 2006 CTS. It looks like the vehicle has just about everything. I would try to bargain with them to get a lower price though. You will love driving the CTS. I have no complaints with mine so far except that some SOB dented the side of my car with his door a week after I bought it. I don't understand how certain individuals cannot have respect for other people's property!
    I think that is a decent price. There is not as much markup in the CTS as some people think. I had a GM card when I bought my 05. It had 2200 on it and there was no limit then. I also had the Citibank card with earnings. As far as I know, there is no limit on the GM card. They max it out at 3500 and that is the only limit of which I am aware.
    Every GMC model has a limit on the GM card earnings that can be redeemed.

http://www.gmcard.com/GMCard/apply/redeem/allowances.jsp
    Not everyone has those limits. I am grandfathered in to be able to use my full amount, so are my parents. They just used over $3000 on a Pontiac Torrent.
    Regarding the $2k limit on the GM Card. I am on the old (original program) where I receive 5% towards a GM car up to $500 per year for seven years (for a max total of $3500). The "new" GM Card limits your max redemption for each model. And let me tell you...they were REALLY trying to get me to switch. I must have received a half dozen phone calls telling me how much better the new program is. I kept declining. Then the junk mail about switching. It was obvious to me that they were really trying to get everyone off the old program. Since I only buy a new car about every 5-6 years, the old program works best for me.

I was unaware of the Volvos discounting $10k. That's amazing. I have emailed the dealership and said that was way too high...I was looking more in the ballbark of $30k for that vehicle (which would be about $9k off). The dealership has 21 2006 CTS models on their lot right now. If all else fails, I can always wait.

I actually found a dealership still trying to sell some 2005 CTS with less than 50 miles on them. I might go down that route...but need to make sure that I can still use my GM card earnings towards a new 2005.
    Again, this is referring to the "New" GM Card. I have the original GM Card and have no intentions to getting the "New" GM Card. If I did not have the GM Card, my money would be going towards a Lexus or Infinity. So, it would be smart on GM's part to keep me happy.
  • brad4brad4 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me what dealer has 21 2006 CTS's and some 2005 CTS's? I'm shopping for one and can't seem to find them.
    Thanks,
    Brad4
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    I was using the GMbuypower web site to search for a CTS yesterday... there were no incentives listed... today I got on there and now there is a 3K cash back offer on CTS...

If I could find a 6-speed I would be happy...
    It was Camargo Cadillace in Cincinnati, OH that at the time had 20+ 2006 CTSs. Last time I checked, they were down in the teens.

As for the 2005 CTSs, it was Roberts Oldsmobile Cadillac in Beavercreek, OH that had numerous 2005s. Their prices are really high on the 2005s...about the same as you can get for the 2006s...but with the 07s now on the lot, I'm sure they would be more than happy to lower that price signicantly...JMO though.

I couldn't get anywhere with Camargo in Cincy...dealing with the Infinity of Dayton dealership now on a G35 4 door coupe. GM just doesn't have another car that I really like...and no one seems to want to budge on a 2006 CTS...
    stkntraffic...there is a 6 speed manual at the Roberts Oldsmobile Cadillac in Beavercreek, Ohio. Put in zip code 45430 on www.gmbuypower.com.

It's the white CTS...and pretty loaded. I did a search in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky with no luck on a six speed (minus the one in Beavercreek, OH).