Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac CTS Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    They are just making the pot that much sweeter...so tempting.
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    Wow... Ohio is a long way away (Texas). I wouldn't buy an automatic CTS anyway, but it makes you wonder if resale value drops through the floor for 6-speeds.
    Sticker is $51k and change. They have it marked down to $45k. I'm thinking that for a 2005 auto...even though it's new, should be marked down to at least $40k since they have about 20 2007 CTSs. From what I learned, it's been on the dealer's lot for several months. I wonder what kind of financing I could get through GMAC. What a sharp car, though...wow.
    I currently have a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (2 door). It has about 105k miles on it and running well (fairly new tires and breaks). My wife and I discussed keeping it for one more year and get a 2007 CTS after the 2008 CTSs are already on the lot...probably will be able to get a decent price on one with the new design CTS already there (i.e. see discounts on 2006 Avalanche and Escalade).
  • mwdreammwdream Member Posts: 91
    2004 CTS, 17k miles. 3.6 engine. Wood steering and shifter.

$21000

Is that too high a price? Smells new. Very clean.
  • panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    The wood means it has the luxury package, at least. Sounds like a good deal. The car is just about broken in with 17k miles. The price is about 60 percent of minimum MSRP for the year. You would be getting an almost new car that's not substantially different than a 2007. Hell of a car for $21k. After a year, I smile every time I get in mine. It has soul. The 3.6 engine is part of it.
    Does the 2004 have the semi-autmatic gear shifting? In other words, can you shift gears on the automatic for the 2004 version? The dealership down the road from me still has a couple 2005s on his lot and the automatic is a straight automatic (Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, 3rd, 2nd).
    Steptronic came out with the 2006's. I miss it only a very little bit on my 2005 CTS. I have it on my VW and never use it. The CTS transmission is the same as used on the BMW 5 series (when they used a 5 speed) and is plenty smart as an automatic only. The engine has so much torque, it does not need to be revved much to scoot.
  • figuwxfiguwx Member Posts: 1
    Minnesota here

2007 CTS 3.6L Blue Chip

with the following options

1SB Equipment group(standard on 3.6L v)
    FE9 Federal Emissions
    Y41 3.6L V^ Luxury package w/o Wheels
    Y42 17 inch Sport Package
    MX0 5 speed automatic
    UAV DVD Nav
    AM9 Split folding Rear Seat
    K05 Engine Block Heater
    VK3 Front License Plate Bracket

"MSRP" $41600,
    Purchase Price $38,634

this includes the $725 destination charge. This is before the new $2145 cash bonus offer. :shades:
    I talked to a dealership in the Dayton Ohio area for a silver with black interior 2006 CTS...almost fully loaded...didn't have the navigation. MSRP was $40,640 (including destination). It was a demo car...has 2659 miles on it. He offered it to me for $32,925...and wouldn't budge on the price. I checked...and it looks like I could use my GM Credit Card (original plan) money on it (have about $3200 right now...will max out at $3500). So that would knock it down to about $29,700 + TTL. The warranty would start once I took possesion of the car...so I would get the full warranty. Not too happy that they won't budge on the price of $32,925...and there really isn't a great financing deal on it either.

I think I'm going to wait until next Labor Day when the redesigned 08s are on the lot and they are trying to get rid of the 07s.

I don't know...what's your opinion on this?
  • shoresailingshoresailing Member Posts: 29
    Tell the dealer, "call me if you change your mind". If the car sits on his lot for a while, he/she might just call. Personally, I'd wait for the 2008 CTS to arrive....however, I'd buy the '08 model. The spy shots look good and an upgraded interior is rumored. After seeing the upgraded dash of the SRX, I have high hopes for the same in the 08 CTS. If 2008 CTS doesn't meet my expectations, the 2007's will be available for a good price.
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    2006 blkberry/ebony GM certified

full leather
    Nav
    lux pkg
    sunroof

asking $29 for it......
    I was quoted around $31k for an 06 CTS (MSRP was right around $40,500). It was a demo car and had about 2700 miles on it.
  • sarahhsarahh Member Posts: 3
    I just got 06 CTS 2.8 with 27k for $21,000 out the door is $23,000 bkbrry/black leathers very good condition with nice wood trims all auto 50,000 or 4 years b to b ,but no sun/moon roof/ no nav/

is it a good deal or not?

thanks for all answers

sarah h. :)
    07 CTS, 3.6L with luxury package, express sun roof, auto...MSRP $37,590 asking $33,000...will see if they will give it to me driving it off the lot..Tax, title and tags for that price.....Comments??
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    Check out the invoice for the vehicle on Edmunds. You should be able to buy it for invoice minus any GM incentives (also available from Edmunds). At this time of year (2008 coming out soon) you might be able to negotiate a little below invoice.
    Just window shopping...but someone on the Edmunds forum suggested the following web site. They are based out of D.C. and will ship the car (which is included in the price).

http://www.fitzmall.com/index.asp

Their prices on 07 CTSs are coming in around $1500 below invoice (which translates into the $1500 marketing that is being given by GM to the dealer.

If you are searching locally for a CTS...you might want to try $2000 below invoice and then work your way from there. Or, if you're patient...you will probably be able to get even better deals once the 08s come out...but you will get less to choose from.
  • bobputbobput Member Posts: 22
    2008 CTS SHOULD be improved- but isn't GM known for letting 1st year buyers do their Beta testing of new model's defects ???? I'm trying to do the Bose ED 39 mo.lease special- $2200 GM support !-- but dealers tells me I can't get 1 with must-have Stabilitrak (17" or 18" wheel pkg) without a lot of other options, including NAV (I have a $300 portable GPS that does that!!!)-- can anyone find/have what I need ??? BOB in TAMPA
  • bingomanbingoman Member Posts: 373
    Has anyone seen a price list for the new 2008 CTS?
  • puckspucks Member Posts: 47
    Not yet. Heard by early June. But they still have not announced 2008 STS prices and that is in production well before the CTS
  • ortegaortega Member Posts: 105
    Here you go:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/112553-2008-cts-prices-r- - eleased.html

You might want to also follow the coversation going at the 2008 Cadillac CTS forum here on CarSpace for more info.
  • bingomanbingoman Member Posts: 373
    Thank you ortega. I now know what my new CTS is going to cost me. :)
  • letsgometsletsgomets Member Posts: 6
    '08 CTS, DI engine, AWD, ebony exterior and interior, all options except spare tire, $44.8k, which I'm told is about $1k over invoice.
    I shopped for an '08 CTS at Cadillac of Norwood (Norwood, MA) and at Frost Motors (Newton, MA). The experiences could not have been more different.

Cadillac of Norwood - The salesman did not realize that the new CTS has 2 engine options (not an exaggeration!) and my references to the FE1, FE2 and FE3 packages meant nothing to him. I noticed that the online inventory listed a CTS with my preferred color, but no reference to the particular FE package - so over the phone I asked the salesperson to check as to whether that particular (in stock) car had FE2 - the response I got back was a faxed handscribbled list of all of the options that the car had (sunroof, etc.), but no reference to the FE package!

Frost Cadillac - Salesperson was knowledgeable about the new model, very professional in the price negotiations and the dealership arranged financing that was .25% better than the best I could find after obtaining my own quotes online. A great buying experience.
  • kgabehurtkgabehurt Member Posts: 84
    letsgomets.. you said you leased your unit? What was the sticker and final price on which you based your lease payments? Thanks.
  • 07burb07burb Member Posts: 2
    I live north of Boston...thank you for sharing your experience with different Cadillac dealers. Although I have not purchased a vehicle from Frost Cadillac, I have always been treated well when I was looking. How much over invoice did you pay? I am interested in the CTS4 with the Premium luxury collection package. Did you lease it?
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    news update: supply down, price up. thanks UAW
  • wardmwardm Member Posts: 23
    UAW will eventually kill the US automakers.
  • smitty303smitty303 Member Posts: 11
    In case you are in the market for a CTS, there is one way to get a great deal considering the popularity of these new cars. Find a friend or family member who has a GM discount. I just shared my GM supplier (not as good as GM employee, but better than MSRP) with my neighbor last night. He said the salesman was just about to print the final paperwork when I text messaged him that I discovered that I could share my discount with "friends and family". He says it saved him around $4000! He was one happy neighbor! I just stumbled upon it when checking my supplier discount online. I've heard of people using the "friends and family" discount before, but I thought it was only for GM employees (which I'm not). Seems that occassionally GM allows suppliers to also share their discount like that. The program is called "GM Supplier Discount Plus" and is in effect now. The program allows an eligible gm supplier discount to be shared with up to 2 "friends and family" through October 31, 2007 with up to 6 months from getting the authorization to purchase. I'm not going to go through all the details here, but it seems this is a great opportunity for some to save a lot on a vehicle that otherwise could not be had for that price. Happy car shopping!!! :D
    I purchased the '08 CTS, at approx $1k over invoice (3.6DI, AWD all options except spare tire). Frost arranged 36 month financing at 5.75% (the best I could find online was 5.99%).

I now have approx 500 miles on the car and am loving it. Excellent speech recognition for the audio and nav, great handling, looks sharp, I could go on and on.....
    my auto purchase service through my bank lets me purchase the CTS...regardless of options for $950 over invoice..which includes the $745 destination charge....meaning not added on after the sale price of the car.......cant seem to beat that deal anywhere....since I dont have GM family discounts......amounts to about a $2900 savings on the CTS and options Im looking at...
  • smitty303smitty303 Member Posts: 11
    If you're curious how your bank auto purchase discount compares to actual GM supplier or GM employee, you can find out from the GM websites without actually being eligible for these discounts.

For GM Supplier, go to http://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com
    For GM Employee, go to http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com

In either case, select "Build your own" from the "Vehicle Shopping" drop down menu at the top of the page. Build your own vehicle and see the gm employee or supplier discount price.

On the CTS my neighbor bought, the GM employee discount is another $1800! Turns out that I did the math and the discounts break down like this:

GM Supplier: 5% discount on base MSRP (excl. destination), 16.4% on options

GM Employee: 9% discount on base MSRP (excl. destination), 20% on options

Basically, GM supplier is GM employee plus about 4.5%

GM employee seems to be about invoice minus 3%, which is what I believe dealer cost is after the holdback (3% for cadillac).

In case anyone was wondering... ;)
  • puckspucks Member Posts: 47
    Good post. Seems accurate based on what I found. The issue now on a hot car like the 08 CTS, many dealers won't do a Supplier or GMS deal.
  • maryjmaryj Member Posts: 53
    I just traded for a used 07 CTS Luxury Sport(so I was told) and it is loaded and honestly looks new. The interior smells new. Anyhow, is there anyway to download the equipment on this car from the net. Sticker price was $42K, and I am constantly finding new gadgets. Love the fold-down rear seat. Just got rid of my 05 Avalon.
    TedJ
  • chillinphilchillinphil Member Posts: 2
    We tested a new 2007 CTS that is rear wheel drive only. Does anyone have any experiences driving one in the winter? We are very unsure if we should make this new car purchase, since we live in the midwest and know nothing of how this car will drive in snow. Wish it had all wheel drive, but of course that wasn't available for 2007. Thanks in advance! Please hurry with your experiences, so we know whether to tell the dealer yes or no!
  • macsfriendedmacsfriended Member Posts: 6
    For chillinphil and others concerned about winter driving:

I had same concerns in St. Louis, MO re snow driving with my Lincoln Mk VII. I bought quality winter snow and ice tires, and that Mk VII acted like it was a snowmobile.

Different cars and PU trucks used Blizzaks, Michelin and Bridgestone winter specific tires and I never had reason to wonder about winter driving. We have a Winter Park, CO ski week timeshare - second week in January each year and specifically played in the snow with different vehicles. NO Problems.

Buy the car you want - Put quality WINTER tires on it - and GO MAN GO.

Ed
  • chillinphilchillinphil Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Ed!
  • lvvlvv Member Posts: 1
    I can find on line to get the discount, such as a link to Duke HR - Employee Discounts. But actually I am not working in Duke. Then Can I use it? :blush:

I have no friends who own a GM car. I really appreciate anyone who can refer me to get the discount.
    my email is lvvvvv@gmail.com

Thanks
    I can give you my experiences as a 2005 CTS owner and resident of Colorado. If you expect to drive in snow or ice, get dedicated snow tires. I spent about $800 at Tire Rack and got 16in wheels and Dunlop Winter Sport M3's, delivered to my door, mounted balanced and ready to install. Takes me about an hour to change tires. If you have 17's (sport pkg) as I do, do not get 17in snow tires, they are more expensive and you are better off with the thicker (from ground to rim) tire in the snow that you get with the 16 inch size. The stock all-season tires are ok on dry and rain, but they won't keep you happy in the snow.

The car will not be like AWD, but because it is so well balanced, it will behave as well as any RWD car you've ever driven in the snow. I'm 54 years old and grew up in New England. There was no such thing as AWD, and I managed to live through it. Our family has a 4wd Explorer to get up skiing, but my wife drives the CTS to work every day in Denver when it snows, and only complains a little. I think it runs great in the snow with the winter Dunlops. I think the dunlops are actually quieter than the stock all-season tires. The Stabilitrak (if you have it) is excellent in the snow. We saw a bunch of snow last winter.
  • cptsullycptsully Member Posts: 18
    Hello everyone-

I just took delivery of my brand new 08 CTS! :) (8(o) woo-hoo! I love it!

It is black raven, with ebony interior, with the premium luxury package, and 18" all season tiree performance package, and the upgraded polished aluminum wheels. I think the only thing it doesn't have is AWD, which I didn't want.

My purchase method was done mostly via the Internet, and pretty much matched the one recommended in the Car Buyer Guide I bought on CarSqueeze.com. After informing the dealers that I was aware of their invoice price, knew the amount of the dealer holdback, and manufacture to dealer marketing support, I asked multiple dealers for their best price. (I never said anything about my trade-in.)

Some refused to budge from MSRP. but most responded with a price somewhere between invoice and MSRP. I finally went with a Jennings Cadillac in Chambersburg, PA,who offered me 2k under MSRP, and the standard $500 Active duty discount.

While not a GREAT deal, it was the best offer I had received, and they had the exact car I wanted on the lot, which in itself was a rarity. After accepting the offer over the phone, I drove to the dealership for the paperwork, and negotiate a price for my trade-in, a 1999 BMW 528i with 180k miles on it. Much to my surprise, my salesman informed me that GM was running another incentive, called "Luxury Conquest", where if you were trading in a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc, on your new CTS, you got an additional $1000 off the price!

So- Bottom Line: $42,295, 5k for my trade, to $37,295 and out the door for $39,649. My salesman was a no B.S., very knowledgeable and helpful guy who had been with the dealership about 8 years. At no time did I feel like I was being rushed or bullied, or anything. Of course, I really attribute a lot of that to the fact that I had REALLY done my homework on the car, and conducted the hard negotiating via e-mail, which renders most tricky sales tactics ineffective. Plus, I had arranged a GREAT financing package (5.29%, Pentagon Fed Credit Union) beforehand, which left the dealer with no way to make more profit on me that way.

I am taking my new wheels on a long business trip next week, (2-500 mile legs) and will let you all know how it works out. Hope this helps you in your purchase!
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    I have two supplier discount forms to offer anyone interested. They must be activated by 10/31 and are good for six months from the date of activation. I will need your last four digits of your SSN and date of birth to get started. I have never used this process, so I don't know what else is necessary once I begin the process.

If you do not have to buy now, maybe more dealers will allow supplier discount purchases before the end of the six month period.

First two to email me at traindriver@carspace.com are welcome to have them.
  • cocopupucocopupu Member Posts: 7
    lw, do you still need a referral?
  • lenbrovermanlenbroverman Member Posts: 18
    I recently bought a 2008 CTS last week at Baker Caddilac in Leominister Ma. It was a great buying experience. It's what I remember the way car dealers used to be.It wasn't a brandnew flashy dealer where they let you sit and wait while they talk to the "manager". You sit down with your sales person and the manager and work out the deal. My final bottom line beat the other dealer I had seen by a good bit. The whole thing took about 1/2 hour. The papers were written up and signed and they didn't even take a deposit("why would we take a deposit to just give it back if you didn't want the car"). Picked up the car the next day with a thorough explanation of it's workings from my salesperson,Jason. So if you live anywhere Leominister Ma. Give Baker Cadillac a try. Tell them Len Broverman sent you. By the way, I love my car.
  • madigankmadigank Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard of an upcoming lease buyout promotion for the CTS? I am loving my 06, but thinking of trading up...

Thanks!
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    Could you share your buying experience with the rest of us to include

OPTION packages included on your car. Listing them by dealer code would be nice for all of us

Listed sticker price

Actual price paid before any trade-in was deducted (if indeed you had a trade-in vehicle)

In other words the reason for this message board is to give all of us an idea of what bottom line price dealers are willing to sell the new CST Caddie. So please share your pricing with all of us. I am thinking of buying one of these terrific Caddies and would like to know if dealers are wiling to discount them at all and by how much.

A few years ago, I think 2001 or 2002 a dealer here in Maryland was selling the DeVille for $600 under invoice, which at the time was an excellent price. It is my impression that Caddie dealers price or discount their cars according to the perceived affluence in the area of their location. Dealers in rural areas perhaps give higher discounts since they need to draw customers from the city which might require going 25 miles or more to get to the rural dealer. Dealers in the city have a larger number of customers at their door step.

I like to buy from a dealer which is in an area where there are 3 or more dealers for the same car. Competition always bring on lower pricing.
    CTS is a hot car at the moment....unless you have a GM affiliation....you will probably not get the car for much under MSRP....the best deal I have seen..as I have been shopping around is for a DI, with prem lux package, Y42 performance, prem paint, and P63 wheels.....46740 MSRP....best price I have seen in MD is 43,900 plus tax.....but you would have to order the car.....I have found the same deal in Northern VA as well..but again would have to order the car...Frankel is the dealership in MD (Ownings Mills)....
  • tr3atr3a Member Posts: 3
    I'm working on a new car and have GM Supplier discount. My dealer is telling me that no other discounts can be used in conjunction with it. Is this true? I was hoping to get the luxury conquest as well.
  • soflkurtzsoflkurtz Member Posts: 14
    My dealer just informed me that the GMAC lease rate for the 08 CTS is currently 7.1%, a new rate for December. That seems just outrageous and I am looking for any confirmation.

Anyone?
  • tr3atr3a Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted 6.35% and thought that was ridiculous. I am not comfortable paying over 6% for money. Somebody probably has the real numbers out there.

BTW, is there $500 cash back available for Supplier Discount? I thought I saw that on the GM website.
  • soflkurtzsoflkurtz Member Posts: 14
    tr3a -- Were you quoted that rate recently? I heard numbers changed in the beginning of December.