Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac CTS Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Want to know the money factor on a 39month lease, and residual%, and carman what is the invoice on a vehicle with MSRP of $38140. And any incentives offered on leasing a Cadillac. Thank you very much
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    you can get the invoice for any car at edmunds.com, including current incentives.
    I think I got the correct invoice from edmunds not sure though $35,200 based on an MSRP of $38,140
    Hello,
    This is what I have been offered with GM employee pricing for an awd Cadillac CTS with MSRP $38140, and invoice of $35254,residual 61%,Money Factor .00254. with a selling price of $34,281.23 and down payment $650.50, I am at a 39months/12k lease with a payment of $483 including tax in upstate NY. I was told that my net cap cost is $35,718.04 with tax minus any rebates. Seems high?
  • gcoleygcoley Member Posts: 3
    Closing on my new CTS and was hit with a $498 Documentation (processing) fee. Is this customary and fair price among all delaerships?
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    its another glorifed way of the dealership making a profit....most around my area only charge $99 processing fee...on top of tax, title and tags.........$500 is high IMHO
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    Doc Fees are just ADM, imo. When I bought my Chrysler 300M, doc fee $55. My TL: one dealer was $99, the other $197 but this included lifetime "Free" state inspections (@ $29/year. Another tax, thank you Massachusetts!). Evil Wife's Lexus doc fee: $239 IIRC. Just profit...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• cjackson2cjackson2 Member Posts: 5
    OK. nobody jump on me for putting alot down. I know the risks and it was imprtant for me to stay within a monthly budget. Anyway, do you think I got a fair deal? I just leased a 2008 CTS with a window sticker of $39685, I put $4500 down, 10K/mi/yr, 39 mo., for $397 mo. which icludes tax at 7%, I qualify for friends and family discount. Originally I thought it seemed like a fair deal and I ran the numbers thru a lease calculator using 63% risidual value and .00254 MFand the numbers were real close. However, when I study my lease agreement they used alot of fuzzy math to come up with the same number. BTW, the car is awesome. I just hope I got a reasonable deal. Thanks!....CJ
  • dfusnikdfusnik Member Posts: 10
    I purchased my Acura a couple years ago using my fax for negotiating and I'm looking to do the same for an '08 CTS. What helped me was this company that sells you a whole package of documentation on the car you're looking to buy or lease and they tell you how to strategically do all your negotiating for the price via fax. It was a huge help and it had every piece of information in it that you could ever want to know about the car. Problem is, I can't remember the name of the company and I don't have my paper work any longer. Can anybody help?
  • januszjjanuszj Member Posts: 6
    If you don't mind asking, what is the GM family discount? Do you negotiate the deal and then give the dealer your authorization number, or is it a set price for a particular car w/options?
  • cjackson2cjackson2 Member Posts: 5
    As near as I can decipher my puchase agreement I come up with the following:
    Window Sticker $39685
    Selling Price $37033
    That means I got $2653 off which = 6-1/2% off sticker.
    But I am still asking, did I get a fair deal ?
    They really didn't clearly say how much my friends and family discount was. From all the numbers I have seen my monthly lease payment seemed fair. That is why I didn't try to decipher all the fuzzy math.
  • januszjjanuszj Member Posts: 6
    Thanks a lot. My brother in law retired from GM and still gets his perks. I can get advantage of the GM discounts but even he wasn't sure what it was.
  • lewielewlewielew Member Posts: 7
    i leased my 04 cts-from scott novik-owner
    http://www.bobnovick.com/

brdgeton, nj
    great guy and dealership
  • macsfriendedmacsfriended Member Posts: 6
    The '08 CTS will make me a first time Cadillac buyer.

In late November '07 I saw new '07 leftover CTS's with very few options on a dealer's lot with $7000 OFF whitewashed on their windshields (roughly, say 20% off sticker). That puts a CTS in the same price ballpark (or less) than a well optioned Honda.

Was that a fairly commenly available discount range on leftover '07 CTS's after the'08's were at the dealers??
  • smitty303smitty303 Member Posts: 11
    I believe the service you are talking about is fightingchance.com? Hope that helps. :)
    I placed an order for my CTS today. DI/automatic with PDW & PDR. The MSRP was $41,965. Signed a contract for $39,233. I believe the price was fair. He made money. I saved money. The point of bargaining isn't to squeeze the last dime out of the other guy or to brag about how you got that last dime.

Many dealers are still getting full MSRP for every CTS they can get. I talked to my father's dealer In Port Richey, Fl last week. He did not have a single CTS on his lot, and he wouldn't take a cent off MSRP when his next shipment arrived.

I also spoke with a dealer friend in PA who told me he can sell everyone he can get for full MSRP within a week of it hitting his lot, but he offered me $2,000 off if I wanted to order and wait. The car business is tough, so I don't begrudge a dealer for getting what he can. Nor am I upset that my friend didn't offer me as good a deal as I was able to get elswhere.

What you can do depends on local demand. A dealer with ample inventory will deal, but one who has a short inventory will not.
  • jazz32jazz32 Member Posts: 4
    The deal I was just offered for a fully loaded CTS:
    MSRP $48740 (don't have the spare tire)
    GMS $42970
    39 month lease, 6.1% lease rate
    $592 down and $592 month
    61% residual

$636 down and 636 month
    58% residual

Out of the 4 dealers in the Cleveland area, this was the only one willing to use the published 6.1% rate, actually showed me the GMAC printout that shows all the published rates.

A dealer outside the local area even offered a little better deal but he didn't have the car I wanted in stock and had no idea when he might get one due to the back order situation with the Premium Luxury Package, but he offered $583/mth with $0 down for 12k.

Bottom line is there are a few dealers out there that will honor the 6.1% lease rate.
  • clubmanager1clubmanager1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I wondered how you qualify for GMS pricing? I used to get this and they seem to be sticklers on it. I have a dealer agreed to supplier pricing (which is easy to get) but would love gms as it lowers the lease payment by 80/month on the terms I'm looking at. 24 months, 10 or 12K miles, 6.10% lease rate, 690 acqu fee and 399 doc fee. Thanks.
  • jazz32jazz32 Member Posts: 4
    My sister is retired from GM. The only way I know to get this pricing is from a relative. They have to get you an authorization number from GM that you give to the dealer.
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Blue tooth kept me from CTS. Dealer will add for around $500 a system which, in fact, gives me a desired second screen.
    Anyway, instead of (highly discounted to invoice) Infiniti G-35 or (substantially discounted) Lexus GS350, I now lean toward CTS.
    I can wait, if necessary, to get a better price or capitalized price.
    How much above invoice can I now get a CTS for?(Do I add in ad fee?)
    Is there a discount because I'm switching from a BMW 530I?
    BUY: What is GM interest rate for financing?
    LEASE: What is GM interest rate, or MF, for leasing CTS for 12,000, 15000 miles?
    Is there decreased interest rate or MF for multiple security deposits?
    Many thanks.
    Still must decide between three DIFFERENT 2008 cars -- all that I like Lexus GS350, Cadillac CTS (with blue tooth added, giving me separate screen), or Infiniti G35. Then, must decide whether to buy or lease. Incidentally, Lexus has best mileage, but Cadillac uses regular gas. I currently have BMW 530i expiring lease which, with Edmunds help, I had leased for net MF, and much less, with multiple security deposits.
    Anyway, for GS350, G35, and CTS, could you please provide:
    (1) Target deal relative to invoice+destination (and any rebate)
    (2) If buy, available finance rates
    (3) If lease, money factor or interest for 24mo, 36 mo for 12K, 15K annually
    Any better MF or interest rate for multiple security deposits?
    Thank you for this information. I'll also put on other forums, in case you guys see that first.
    Thank you!
  • lonestar2lonestar2 Member Posts: 3
    Curious - why is BMW off your list? I can see CTS or G in the running, but the GS is the least performing driver's car. What are your priorities in choosing your next automobile this time around?
    I have a BMW530i, lease expiring. It drives well.
    But the navigation system is antiquated/obsolete/dysfunctional; the AM-FM-satellite is too much hassle to change stations; in general, the I-controller is stupid. I've had poor service -- BMW dealers are elitist, and the company cannot adequately service the cars. It was in the shop twice for 2-3 weeks for an airbag-related problem.
    Air conditioning is too loud, like going back in time to low technology.
    I still like the handling, and the lease terms were good.
    I'm not enthused about any of my choices because none has everything I want, and I don't want to go to a sharply higher price range.
    Also, I wish I had definitive info for leasing CTX, Infiniti G35, Lexus G350; have 15000 mile info on some, not 12000.
    I like that Cadillac has big nav screen, real time traffic (unlike Lexus G350), and regular gas, unlike both of the others.
    I'm really undecided, though I know I want a rear-wheel drive.
  • dfusnikdfusnik Member Posts: 10
    I've just been screwed by GM and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. I went to my Cadillac dealer almost 5 weeks ago to look at a CTS. Long story short: drove it, loved it, wanted it. The dealer didn't have a car on the lot with the color and options that I wanted, nor was he able to locate one. So I gave him a $1000 deposit to order one from GM. Part of what made the deal attractive was GM's Luxury Conquest incentive. Because I'm trading in an Acura, GM was going to knock another $1000 off the price. "This is great!" was what I was thinking. My first Cadillac and my first American car in about 10 years. Cool.

Not so cool. I received a phone call from my dealership a couple of days ago informing me that GM has decided to pull the Luxury Conquest incentive from the CTS and apply it to the STS. Which means the great deal I received when I signed the contract/order sheet is not so great anymore. In an instant, GM has renigged on their offer of $1000 for anyone trading in another luxury marque even after they have placed an order for their car. Is it just me, or does anyone else think this is an unfair business practice on GMs part? Whether I purchase the car off the lot or place an order for it from the manufacturer, any incentives offered at the time of signing should be locked in to the customer. Dropping a rebate is one thing. Pulling it back from a customer who has already ordered the car is just dirty business as far as I'm concerned.
  • bryanbryan Member Posts: 198
    While I understand your frustration, my understanding is that you get what rebates, low finance rates, etc. are in effect at the time you take delivery of your car, not when you order it.

In May 2004, I was looking to buy a Bonneville GXP. Could not find one locally (northern VA) I wanted, so I special ordered it. Got a screaming deal! And, at the time of my order, the rebate on Bonnys was $3,000. Got a call about a week later informing me that Pontiac was not building any more 04 Bonnys, but was transitioning to the 05s. So, I could order an '05 (no time frame for delivery was available at that time, no rebate either), or try to find an '04 in a dealer's stock.

I found an 04 GXP in Delaware that was scheduled for delivery to the dealership about a week out optioned exactly as I wanted. While not my first choice for color, it was my second choice, and I decided to purchase the car. I did all that over the phone, and they matched the price. At the end of that week, I went to Delaware and made the deal. That was a Friday, and the car was delivered to the dealership the following Monday. I picked up the car the next Friday, and Pontiac had increased the rebate from $3,000 to $5,000 a few days days before I took delivery. I got the higher rebate, even though the paperwork was written before the rebate was increased--the rebate was based on my delivery date.
  • cruzer42cruzer42 Member Posts: 6
    I got a call from the salesman that my car was in and that the $1000 rebate was no longer in effect. I thought for sure this was a bait and switch deal so when I went to pick up my car the next day, I brought a bank check for the amount we had agreed upon after all the haggling was done. If they wouldn't accept the check, I was so mad, I was going to walk. However, much to my surprise, instead of the $1000 rebate, the dealer discounted some of my options to make up for the $1000 and they accepted my check. Even though I missed the rebate, I still got the original agreed price. Now that's a good dealer. He still made money and I'm a happy customer.
    Cruzer, you should name this dealer so that others will know who treats their customers well.
  • cruzer42cruzer42 Member Posts: 6
    The dealer who honored my price after the rebate offer was nulled and voided is Martin Cadillac in Englewood, N.J. Like I said he still made money and I walked away a satisfied customer.
    No build date for my car yet. Dealer says Cadillac has put restraints on PDW package. Beginning to remind me of the old Cadillac (GM)--try to sell them what GM wants to sell, instead of what the customer wants to buy.
  • bingomanbingoman Member Posts: 373
    Sounds reasonable to me. I had to wait 13 weeks in '74 for a ford product that was taking 6 weeks for delivery because of a part from a supplier that was in short supply.

That factory cannot always anticipate the demand for a particular accessory. Other things, such as a strike at a supplier or a production line breakdown or a material shortage somewhere in the supply line can cause a delay in the delivery of a desired part. Chevy may have to shut down its entire Malibu production because of a strike at a plant that produces a part for its rear axle.

So good luck on your new car. I hope it is not delayed too long.
  • jeffcarsjeffcars Member Posts: 11
    How close are people getting to invoice (not including current incentives)? 08, SIDI, AWD?
    It has been two months since I ordered my CTS. Still no build date.

I read this morning that GM just posted a 3.3 billion loss. Go figure.
    How was it to negotiate an ordered CTS? I'm thinking of doing so, since all the CTS' on lots right now are fully loaded or nearly so. I want a base SIDI, not even sure I want to pay for leather. I would think you would get a good deal on an ordered car. How did you do on price? How much above invoice? With the economy, I would think this is a buyers market.
    last day to order an 08 was last Fri per my dealer....I was getting about %2 above invoice if ordering....close to full MSRP if you took if off the lots....most dealers here in Northern VA cant keep them in stock...thus they are commanding the nearly full MSRP.....but all were willing to give me a deal if I would order it....
    I put a $1000 deposit on a CTS at invoice (according to edmunds.com). Turns out it was NOT such a good deal, because the dealer still has my deposit, and I don't even have a prospective build date.
    Sounds like it is too late to order a car, my SmartBuy runs in July and it sounds unlikely to get it built before then based on your experience. Too bad, I was hoping for getting it at or near invoice like my last 2004 CTS.
    My dealer contacted me this afternoon to say my car will not be built, and he will return my deposit.
    I have received email from two dealers advising that they have ordered a 2009 CTS just the way I want it:

6DP69-Rear wheel drive, automatic transmission w/ Direct Injection, 1SB Package
    Radiant Silver Ext / Ebony Leather Int
    PDR-CTS Performance Collection
    PDW-CTS Performance Luxury Pkg
    CFN-Sunroof Option "Not Desired"
    SGC-"Spare Tire Not Desired"

Should be interesting.
    When will this be delivered?
  • knotemknotem Member Posts: 62
    Since GM didn’t announce 2009 CTS prices yet, can you tell us how much are you going to pay above invoice?
    Is there's any increase from 2008 prices.

Thanks
    I don't know. No build dates yet.
    I don't have a price. I have not agreed to any deal yet.
    Did I lose out on the GM loyalty incentive? Lease incentive?
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    They have tons of base models at the dealership I visited today. At least I think they were base models. MSRP's were about $38000
  • bingomanbingoman Member Posts: 373
    How many base models in a ton?
  • dallasdude1dallasdude1 Member Posts: 1,151
    GMS is supplier pricing, which is good, but not as good as the employee pricing. Your company is a supplier for the auto industry lets you enjoy a 3% or 4% over dealer cost pricing. It should be noted that there is a 4% "hold back" in the dealer cost.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Actually.. GMS is employee pricing...

I'm not sure what the 'S' stands for.... but, it isn't supplier..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tribmwtribmw Member Posts: 3
    Looking at purchasing a 2008 CTS, what is a fair price over invoice today?
  • hopkibaehopkibae Member Posts: 8
    Anybody bought a CTS lately? What should you expect beyond red tag pricing?
    you probably arent going to get anything off the redtag sale.....I bought one during the employee discount offer last month...09 CTS fully loaded....was almost $8K off the MSRP...the CTS is still a popular model.....they are selling extremely well here in northern VA