Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35/M45 2006+

Comments

• marko7marko7 Member Posts: 63
    It's a chain. The first engine tune-up @106k miles.
  • marko7marko7 Member Posts: 63
    > My only concern is not the oil but the oil filter. If you are planning on keeping the car for a while, change the filter between 5k - 7500 miles.

I plan to keep the car for 8 years unless the gas prices stay where they are and there is a new generation of more efficient but equal horsepower/torque engines that are more frugal on fuel and meet ULEV2 or better.

There is a maintenance schedule in the manual that states oil and filter change every 7.5k miles if certain driving conditions are met. What is the reason you are saying the filter is not good for that interval?

> If you are planning on keeping the car for greater than 4 years I would also recommend changing so of the other fluids (coolant, brake, trans & diff) at a regular interval.

I thought the tranny/diff were sealed subsystems never needing fluid change in M's lifetime per the owner's manual. What am I missing?
  • chirp219chirp219 Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased the M45 sport amazing cant say much more than that, now i need a bluetooth phone. Has anyone tried to use the new Treo with the software upgrade? Are there any compatibility issues?
  • m45smaym45smay Member Posts: 10
    I what I did.... Changed the voice prompt from home to house, works flawlessly.
  • momanmoman Member Posts: 28
    Would someone please send me the link to the Treo forum so that I can read about the Infiniti M45? Thanks ;)
  • mabenmaben Member Posts: 9
    I can't emphasize this enough, but do NOT update your phone with a patch different from your carrier. Most of the time, nothing will happen, but every now and then a Treo will enter an endless reset loop and your phone will have to be wiped clean with a hard reset. I recommend going to www.treocentral.com's discussion board if you have questions about the Treo's bluetooth capabilities.

I'm curious, how exactly are you synching your phone with the car? The first time I tried, I just turned on the phone and the bluetooth and tried to connect it to the M strictly from the Treo. It wasn't until after I started fooling around with the car's settings that I realized that the procedure had to be initiated from the car first, then the Treo.
    Loads of questions re: the Treo and the M. Depending on the experiences I've read about on this forum and other more Treo-related forums, I think it depends on your carrier. I have a Sprint Treo and while I've never been too fond of Sprint's customer service, they have been releasing patches for the Treo 650 on a fairly regular basis. I paired mine with my M35 and its been wonderful. I can initiate calls, receive calls, all without the phone leaving my pocket. I can't vouch for the other providers, but I would recommend Sprint on this occasion.
    Are you able to sync your phone book to the M, does the M automatically recognize your phone
    From everything I have read and tried, I don't it is possible to sync Treo phone books to the M. At least, not yet. I have had to manually enter a few of the numbers I use the most (work, wife's work, home, etc.). The M does automatically recognize my phone when I get into the car. Sometimes I have to hold it near the center console, but that's about it. Then I just put it back into my pocket and forget about it.
  • lok2bye350zlok2bye350z Member Posts: 9
    i was gona get the m35x but after driving the m45 today... That thing is amazing i felt like i was playing nascar while the whole road was watching me lol.... U just press on it and it will go to the 60 mark feels like in 4 seconds... It pushes u a little to ur seat but its mostly comfortable crusing at speed u didnt even know u were going... amazing
  • johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    Im confused. I thought this was the Infinti M chat not the phone link.
  • momanmoman Member Posts: 28
    Posts # 4351 and # 4359: Twin sons of different mothers.

Question:
    If a driver of an M45 using a Treo left New York travelling West at 10:00 pm and the driver of an M35x using a Treo left Chicago travelling East at 11;15 PM, where would they meet?

Answer:
    Trick question! They wouldn't meet because, apparently, judging from roughly 147 out of the last 153 posts on this forum no one who drives an M35 or M35x or M45 can get their Treo to work! :P
    I am not going to get into a war of words, but indeed this is an M chat, M capabilites, including all options, just trying to figure out how everything works on this car, its informative..... dont you think
  • m_pilotm_pilot Member Posts: 41
    I'm with you. I'm pretty tired of the phone issues and Bluetooth issues. We've reached the point where I think the forum should be renamed.
  • gohorns1gohorns1 Member Posts: 53
    Where's Pat? Help, we are drowning in a Blue sea of Tooth-less wonders. It seems like this same issue keeps coming up every couple of weeks. Maybe someone can go back and look at the prior posts and redirect folks there. Oh, wait, I think I got it, the M and Treo are not fully compatible; the M and Treo are not fully compatible; the M and Treo are not fully compatible......
  • pete_l_ppete_l_p Member Posts: 322
    Folks

Please consider being generous to M owners who have different needs from yourself.

These phone discussions are specifically about helping M owners use functionality in their M. There's no better Edmunds forum in which to ask them or answer them, and many of of us are very interested in these issues. Not all M owners have the same needs, and it's likely you'll have some questions at some point that may be interesting only to a small portion of owners. That's one of the functions of this forum,

It really shouldn't be such a hassle to scroll over bluetooth posts that are identified that way. (and BTW, is it all that much better to see a day go by with just a couple of posts?)

OTOH, I totally agree with the point that folks should search before asking. If that's your main point, you're right.

Pete
  • zidecarzidecar Member Posts: 49
    Have been delving into the "other locations" as candidate destinations and was not able to find any entry for "post office". Anyone with the M35/45 navigation system have additional thoughts?

One could certainly make the case that one should know the location of the post office(s) for your own town. There are instances, however, when I would like to mail a letter that I take with me in the morning and drop it at a Post office near my destination....
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    I know that some are getting testy because a few recurring themes keep popping up in this thread ( e.g. - phones and stereo systems) so please skip over this post if you're not interested in a Bose related question.

We've been fortunate enough to have a Bose engineer (bfeng7) who worked on the M team posting here and I would really appreciate some input from him on an issue that has arisen in the last week or so. I would have posted the issue in problems and solutions but it doesn't appear that he frequents that thread so please bear with me.

I've begun having difficulty playing dts encoded discs on my DVD player in the car. DVD-A, DVD-R, and LPCM discs continue to play flawlessly but dts discs have begun to occasionally create loud snapping noises and pause themselves. At a certain point, the dts disc will simply stop playing. Remove the disc, reinsert it and go to the same spot on the disc and the snapping goes away. It eventually reappears elsewhere on the disc. I have played the discs on other DVD players without incident so it would seem the DVD player in the car is the problem. Any clues as to what may be causing the problem?
    Ah, I figured my message would draw the frowns of some and a lecture or two. I'm good with that. Unfortunately, a little sarcasm is often misunderstood or taken too seriously. In the future when I ask a redundant question feel free to call me a hypocrite! (and that is not sarcasm) Now, on with the show, I will retreat to the shadows!
  • dashooterdashooter Member Posts: 35
    Hey I've got my 35 due in Tuesday. Can you mention some music dvd's that will sound good and show off what the Bose can do ? I like Abba and ELO type music.
    Dumb question. When I search Amazon for dvd-a, they just seem to return video dvd's. Am I like missing the big picture here ? Experience has taught me that the factory sampler will start to grind after 3 or 4 play through's, no matter how good it sounds. and could you bring the dts discussion down to the level of a slow third grader so I can get the drift ? :^) What is dts media and where will I find a selection to look through ? Oh yeah, also LPCM discs ? What 'dat ?
    Talk slow and use small words
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    Can you mention some music dvd's that will sound good and show off what the Bose can do ? I like Abba and ELO type music.

dts is the acronym for Digital Theater Systems. It is a multi-channel digital audio format that was originally introduced in theaters in "Jurassic Park". The format has now migrated to home theater and a variety of DVD applications (5.1 surround, DVD-Audio, etc.). To play the music you need a device capable of decoding the dts information included on the CD/DVD. The M is capable of playing such discs on the DVD player.

While DVD Audio should be a superior format, I've found that my dts discs produce a sound that you will simply be amazed by. The system really is that good.

You mentioned ELO and I happen to have both "El Dorado" and "Face the Music" on dts. I had the SACD versions and converted them to dts so I don't know if dts versions are commercially available. The sound on songs such as "Fire on High" is really spine-tingling.

Others I would highly recommend to display the system's capabilities are any Pink Floyd remasters including "Dark Side of the Moon", Alan Parsons Project "I Robot", any of the Moody Blues remasters and the remasters of Elton John's early albums.

Oh yeah, also LPCM discs ?
    The simplest way to explain LPCM is to say that it an uncompressed format that provides sound quality nearly the equal of DVD-Audio.

When I search Amazon for dvd-a, they just seem to return video dvd's
    Do a Google search using dvd audio and you'll find a large number of sites listing dvd audio available for sale. I think the current catalog is still only around 330 titles. Remember though that you can still listen to the audio portion of a DVD video while driving. Most videos have the audio in 5.1 Dolby, dts, or other high quality format that the M's system will play.

The car itself is great fun to drive but you'll find excuses to drive it just to listen to the audio. Have fun!
    Thanks I do understand what you just said (mostly ;^) ) I have learned so much just watching the forum. Thanks to everyone.
    One thing I haven't heard anyone talk about. I went for a 24 month lease. They started with a $ 48,400 MRSP -gave me $1500 off and worked my lease from $46,900 - 5.7 % money and a 73 % residual after 24 months. That gave me a lease payment of $690 plus sales tax of $45. With just a $195 acquiisition fee and the licensing cost, my money up front total is $775. They also tell me they will forgive up to $500 damage if I renew in 2 years for another lease with them.
    M 35 with Journey, Tech splash guard and mat --- All that good stuff ? Oh and if I want to buy the car out in 24 months, it's mine for $34,200 --- Oh yeah, 15,000 miles per year with the lease. God I love my Infiniti so far ;)
  • joe_ojoe_o Member Posts: 27
    I'm new here and NOT a gearhead, so please bear with me...

I test drove the M35X today and loved it. All I see here in Mass. is full sticker prices. Are some dealers going lower?

I also love my iPod. If I don't get the DVD sytem (which I wouldn't use for video) is there a way after market to plug in my iPod to an Aux input?

Finally, at the risk of starting another Treo discussion, does anyone have a good or bad experience with the Siemens Bluetooth phones?
  • ajamoajamo Member Posts: 18
    I stopped in a Lexus dealership with my wife to look at an RX330 for her and wound up falling in love with the GS430! I drove it the following week and immediately began doing my research; had to have one.

Until, that is, curiosity got the best of me and I drove the M45 and subsequently, the M45 Sport.

The GS430 is gorgeous, but when I was through with the test drive, I got out and looked at the car again and it didn't match the test drive. It's truly a sporty, sexy looking vehicle, but I don't get that feeling once inside it!

I originally didn't appreciate the look of the M and didn't plan on test driving it at all. Now, after getting behind the wheel (twice!), I'm so envious of everyone in this thread that has one in their driveway! This is far and away the best vehicle I've ever driven!!

I'm negotiating a lease right now and I can't even sleep well at night due to the fact that I don't have the car yet!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edspider1edspider1 Member Posts: 195
    I agree with you the GS looks better outside, but boy the M is just so much fun to drive. You'll love it. Try to get some sleep.
  • lok2bye350zlok2bye350z Member Posts: 9
    thats horrible advice... especially after i test drove the m45
  • bellawalabellawala Member Posts: 1
    I'm unquestionably going to get an M45. I've been planning on it for several months now. But now that I've been waiting as long as I have, I was wondering when the next release will be. Will there be a 2006 1/2 out in the winter or will the next one be the 2007 out next summer? Anyone know?
  • ptkimptkim Member Posts: 14
    hey ajamo, I couldn't agree with you more!

It took me over 2 months to ponder, dealing with the new car bug until finally I signed the least for an M45 last night (picking up today!! dealer is detailing it now as we speak).

I started my quest for a Benz E350. Dropped soon due to reliability issues.
    Then GS300 test drive: Sexy car, but ..it's like TOFU. Too Bland, and TOO healthy for you.

Two days later, on my way to the lexus dealer to check out the GS430, too see if it had a bit more punch. Somehow... there was an Infiniti dealer just a block south of Lexus dealer, and dropped in to check out the M45. After test driving the M45, I never made it to the Lexus dealer on that day. That's how quickly I fell in love with the M45.

I got about hour of sleep last night, thinking about my new car that I'm going to pick up in about 6 hours... black on black, journey, tech, spoler
  • jeff721jeff721 Member Posts: 80
    I'm new here and NOT a gearhead, so please bear with me...

I test drove the M35X today and loved it. All I see here in Mass. is full sticker prices. Are some dealers going lower?

I also love my iPod. If I don't get the DVD sytem (which I wouldn't use for video) is there a way after market to plug in my iPod to an Aux input?

Finally, at the risk of starting another Treo discussion, does anyone have a good or bad experience with the Siemens Bluetooth phones?

Get an Itrip for your Iopd and it will work through the FM radio
    I originally didn't appreciate the look of the M and didn't plan on test driving it at all. Now, after getting behind the wheel (twice!), I'm so envious of everyone in this thread that has one in their driveway! This is far and away the best vehicle I've ever driven!!

I went through a similar transition. I knew I clearly wanted the M for the performance, handling, features and controls, but at first I preferred the looks of the GS. Over time the looks of the M have gotten better and better to me, to where it now looks absolutely terrific. And the looks of the GS have totally diminished in my eyes.

My past experience indicates to me that this reaction is not simply self reinforcement. I once bought an early acura (a first generation Legend, if you remember back that far.) After I bought that Acura, the looks of the car got worse and worse in my eyes. To the point where I had to get rid of the car after 6 months.

It just seems that the looks of some cars really grow on you and others get worse over time. I now get a thrill every time I see my M.

Pete
    I also love my iPod. If I don't get the DVD system (which I wouldn't use for video) is there a way after market to plug in my iPod to an Aux input?

There's a lot of information on this if you search for here for AUX or iPod.

There's currently no clearly good AUX solution other than FM modulation, if you don't get the DVD audio. However, you don't need the DVD overhead screen (the MES), just the DVD surround system.

Additional info available from searching:
    Potential, unconfirmed hacks to tap into the analog audio input.
    Possible workability of the Monster ICruze on the M (talk with grubbs infiniti in TX), and some real downsides to the ICruize.

Pete
  • s54s54 Member Posts: 29
    My Siemens S56 works great.
  • joe_ojoe_o Member Posts: 27
    Thanks, Pete. I've tried the adapters (tape, FM) and the quality is awful.
  • scoop4scoop4 Member Posts: 40
    Any suggestions on where to buy the Earth Rite Polish? I can't find it in any of the stores nor can I find it on the web.
  • falcononefalconone Member Posts: 1,726
    I agree 100%. My friend test drove the M35 and all the while I thought it was an 8 cylinder we were testing!!! Yes folks... it's that good!!! The interior is gorgeous, but the rear end... well.... let's just say it needs some work. We also test drove the GS and nearly fell asleep. So BOORRING!!!!!!!!!!!! Bottom line... my friend who is quite indecisive, ended up leasing a 2006 Merc S class for $699 a month for 13 months (special program). The car has been to the dealer three times already!! He is looking forward to next year when he finally gets his M. Good luck folks! I'll be checking in every so often!! Enjoy!!
  • rrobrrob Member Posts: 51
    It just seems that the looks of some cars really grow on you and others get worse over time. I now get a thrill every time I see my M.

I agree, my original list of included the Lexus GS 430, a very good looking car, but, I liked, but didn't love it when I drove it, so noticed the back seat was a bit tight, etc. and decided on a few more drives. . .

Looked at the Mercedes CLS 500 'coupe', also gorgeous, but the styling was a bit too much for me, it's not very roomy, there are enough current MB quality issues to worry me, and, it's $65k+. Still I scheduled a test drive.

I was not a real fan of the front grill look of the Infinitis. So, although I drive past my Infiniti dealer on my way to work, I wasn't really tempted in, but the car had some good press, so I went to that dealer next. After I drove an M35x and an M45, I felt no need to keep the appointment at my MB dealer - called and cancelled from the lot.

My only decision 4-wheel drive vs V8 :confuse: . Went with the 45 (I've got a couple of FWD cars for the snow ;) ).

The styling of the car just continues to look better and better to me over time - doesn't hurt that it remains a blast to drive.
    Okay - news flash from the front: www.accousticsounds.com ( not related ) seems to be the major player on the web for advanced audio stuff. They have several hundred titles, from classicals to even a limited amount of country. I ordered Beach Boys and Olivia Newton John on dvd-a. George Harrison Live in Japan on Hybrid Multi Channel SACD and preordered the new Streisand / Barry Gibbs (9/20) on Dual Disc for my wife. Total with s&h slightly over $100
    Seemed pretty reasonable to me for quality sound material. eBay was a waste of time, buy.com had a little selection and digitalaudioguide.com had a fair selection. Pricing was all pretty close. If you like Dylan, Creedence Clearwater or the Stones --this is your luck day.
    With the M coming in Tuesday ( I hope ), I'm lining up the tunes for the Bose.
    Ptkim, WOW! I started with the E500 Benzo, but followed the same route you did! And maybe this is a coincidence too, but the Infiniti & Lexus dealerships are right down the road from each other. Not to mention I'm ordering the same car!

Best of luck with it! I don't need to say enjoy it as that's a sure thing!!
    Anyone know how much the security deposit is on these?

I'm trying to run numbers for a lease negotiation and the dealer says I can put up to 9 sec. deposits down, each of which would result in the MF decreasing by .24%

And, after reading some previous posts, am I correct in my understanding that dvd-a's will play while you're driving unlike dvd's??

Thanks!
  • donshermandonsherman Member Posts: 15
    Mass dealers will deal, but it depends on the dealer. I visited 3 greater Boston dealers, called 2 more-and got a poor offer from Norwood- they gave a discount, but wanted to add $650.00 for paperwork and misc!!!!, a bit better deal at Peabody, and the best offer from Herb Chambers in Boston. You should get $1000.00 to $1500 over invoice if you go in with a dealer cost info sheet from Edmunds, and ask them how much over invoice they want. I let each dealer know that I live within 25 miles from 5 dealers, and I had a choice of where to buy- Norwood, Peabody, Nashua,Boston and Quincy. I live in Sudbury, so they are all close enough. If you go to Boston, ask for the sales manager- Mike Alessi. If you do buy from them, let me know- they will offer me a referral fee- dont tell them about the referral fee until after you make the deal, so it will not affect your price. I did not keep the referral papers, so I do not remember how I could quality- My price may have been a reflection of the fact that I wanted Umbria Grey, with bourboun interior- a color some do not like- , Tech & Journey,and the only car that had features I wanted had a premium package- so I got the price because he may have wanted to sell a car that was overloaded with features. I was happy because I got the best price, so the overloaded features were less of an issue. I also traded in my daughters VW Jetta that had very low milage, and I am sure he- the dealer- did well on the trade. Good luck
    I believe it is entirely negotiable. I'm not putting any down (that I'm aware of) and I'm going through Infiniti Leasing. The acquisition fee runs from $195 for me to some who say $800. I did get the offer to put money down and reduce my payment. When I added it up, the money I put down was what I saved over the course of the lease. It worked out to just being an early pay off, and that made it a loser for me. Watch those numbers closely.
    If I'm understanding correctly, you can play any dvd, audio or video and get the sound all the time on the Bose Surround System. You can get the video on the Vehicle Information System monitor when the car is in park and the parking brake is set.
  • techbiztechbiz Member Posts: 5
    Hi I live in the North Shore - I care about services a lot and wonder which dealer you would strongly recommend. Have been dealing with Ira Lexus in Danvers and love everthing. I specifically want places where they a) really take warranty program seriously, it's always the default option rather than try to tell the customers that things shouldn't be covered; b) have great loaner program, i.e. really have the cars for the customers!

Lastly, if the sales department is also good to deal with that's a big plus. Thanks in advance.
    Will there be a 2006 1/2 out in the winter or will the next one be the 2007 out next summer?

I have been wondering the same thing. If so, any word on changes Infiniti has planned?
  • ptkimptkim Member Posts: 14
    I agree. totally negotiable. I actually didn't even need to negotiate the money factor. I said, "I'm paying you x over invoice, and I have to ask you give me the car at IFC base rate". So I got the 39month lease/15K at base rate. No security deposit. Sales manager at my local Infiniti dealer (So. Cal) was just awesome - worked his butt off for 4 days to get me the car. He agreed, no questions asked. PM me if you want a referral.

So I picked up my car earlier today..and I keep trying to find an excuse to drive the car.. :)

If mid size luxury cars were ..steaks,

Benz E-class: Ribeye
    Lexus GS: Tofu
    Lexus LS: Tenderloin
    Cadillac: slab of bacon
    Infinit M3/45: Porterhouse! (yes..best of both worlds)
  • ckelly14ckelly14 Member Posts: 105
    I am close to dealing on a M35 but I had a question about bluetooth functionality. My phone already has a number of voice tags set up for different numbers i.e. "Home" calls my home number. I am curretly using one of those small bluetooth headsets. From what I can see in the M, I would need to redo those voice prompts in the M's address book for them to work. I cannot use the voice tags already programed in the phone. Is this correct?
  • rrobrrob Member Posts: 51
    You are correct. Depending on your phone/provider, the Bluetooth function on the M should connect well, but the address books, with their tags, don't transfer. What I did, and it seemed to work well for me, was to sit in my M for 2-3 hours, engine running, soon after I got it. I programmed the phone, address book, trip computer, got the satellite radio connected (I signed up for service the night before, so the signal would work), programmed the radio and generally, with the owner's manual in my lap and my wireless laptop on the 'net in the seat beside me - to check out this forum and other M-related sites, figured out all the bells and whistles on the car.

It was worth it, there is a lot of technology in the M, and there is a learning curve to the car. I like the hands-free phone well enough, and for me, the call quality is good enough, to have basically filled the M's phone address book. BTW, it is worth it to put your own voice tags into the M for easy dialing.

Also - after all that 'work', I took a drive!

good luck with the decision - rrob
  • bfeng7bfeng7 Member Posts: 47
    BW45sport,

I can't help you because it is not allowed to post names and phone numbers in an Edmunds forum... Go to the bose.com website and search on automotive service.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    The headunit in your car (the actual disc/radio unit) is not made by
    Bose.
    It is sourced by Nissan from the supplier of their choosing.
    Unfortunately, this makes it difficult for me to help you. A standard
    route for you would be via your dealer's service department. If you
    don't get any satisfaction, you can also use our customer service
    department (specific to automotive):
    in the U.S. call:
    xxx-xxx-xxxx
    Outside the U.S. call:
    xxx-xxx-xxxx

XXXXXXXX is the manager of the service organization, and either he or one of his staff will log your problem and contact Nissan directly (and I'll hear about it as
    well ...).

B
  • bfeng7bfeng7 Member Posts: 47
    Not quite.

None of the M35/45 Bose systems can play SACD, and only the technology level system does true 5.1 (DVD-A, DTS, AC3).

If you want SACD, start petitioning Nissan directly.

B
  • camelzizoucamelzizou Member Posts: 14
    Hey everyone, I am currently a 93' Cadillac STS owner, however my Diamond Graphite M45 (w/ journey package) will be mine in a few days. I've been keeping up with this forum and its been great reading what fellow M owners have had to say. I can say that I am truly excited about getting my M and have gotten very little sleep over it. I look forward to posting messages and speaking with everyone on a daily basis about the M. Cheers to the greatest Midsized sport luxury car on the market :)
    Hey, Thanks for the heads up on the SACD not playing on the Bose. I think I got that canceled from my order. So do you have an understanding of how video dvd's work ? Can you play the music part and then when you park and set the brake it pops up the video on the monitor ?
    To our STS newbie - I looked at the 2005 STS before the M35. Man that car is 15 years and three continents behind the M. I really wonder what the Caddie engineers think when they see what is possible for about the same money as they try to sell their sad sacks for ? It's like apples and some pretty sad oranges.
    Welcome to the forum. There are some pretty bright and very helpful people on here.