Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35/M45 2006+

Comments

• merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    I know you guys think the E-Class is overpriced and what not but you gotta check the specs before you assume the worst...lol.

Yes Lexusguy the E-Class has adaptive headlights that swivel into corners, they've had them since 2004. This feature is included in the optional "Lighting Package"..."Active Curve Illumination". See mbusa.com. They had them in Europe in 2003.

The E-Class also has a single-feed, 6-disc CD changer in the center console. It resides under the wooden panel that contains the rear window sunshade, heated seats etc. buttons.

carnaught,

Glad to hear that. You really do trade cars often.

M
  • pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    Frankly, you do sound condescending and arrogant, without reason. This is a fair question in today's context, regardless of the cost of the automobile, or one's ability to pay for the fuel. No worries. Enjoy your M45.
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Reading doesn't help much. Take some time and go try these cars for yourself. I "read" that the GS430 brakes were difficult to stop the car smoothly. Funny, I had no trouble with the brakes when I tested the GS430.
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    I think that really depends on the individual. I've driven an S80 and found the brake pedal on that car to be essentially an on\off switch, but its rediculous touchy ness isnt really mentioned in most write ups of the car.
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    It's got the single feed CD huh... good stuff.

To be fair, the E does have some exclusive things, such as Drive Dynamic seats and Panorama sunroof.

I only say it's overpriced because the 20% premium really is the badge premium, and I personally don't care for that. For people that do put some value in the badge, it won't be overpriced.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    based on carsdirect 07095 zip code, that's not bad for new car, about $3k off MSRP.
  • tjpylestjpyles Member Posts: 17
    Sorry Pearl, I really did not mean to sound like I was trying to put anyone in their place. I did mention that I understood that this is something people look at, and I will try to post real world figures in the future. I guess my point (which had very little to do with your original post) was that IMO gas mileage really is a small part of cost of ownership.
  • nofearsnofears Member Posts: 6
    I just purchased my M35 last Thursday night and took a 700 mile trip this weekend to Pismo Beach. I was breaking the engine in (keep in mind) the entire trip which means I was reving it up and backing it off the entire trip. Never taking it over 6k RPM. Sometimes up to 100 mhp, sometimes as low as 30mph during the trip. I averaged 23 mpg...YES 23 ! That was AWESOME ! I cannot say enough good things about this car. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. If you want any more of my impressions about this car please email me at escdreamer@hotmail.com for details about my M35. I am sooo happy I got out of my Suburban and into this car !
    Odd about that zip code. All the other zip codes I tried give me MSRP as the target price.
  • ipsadoodleipsadoodle Member Posts: 35
    $1100 over cost for new Infinity..baloney..the writer made that up..the car just came out..the total markup averages $3500..less rent, insurance, commission..lights..etc..you do the math..the writer does not know what its all about..the price is not important...the car is...
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    “Gas Mileage? Anyone have any real world numbers on either/both the M35 or M45 (or AWD)? Looking at the EPA figures, Infiniti does not seem to come off quite as well as some other manufacturers; however, as we all know, there are many factors involved here. I think that many of us would like to hear what folks are achieving on the street.”

My current vehicle (Lincoln LS V8 – 2003 – w/manumatic 5 speed trans.) had essentially the same EPA city / highway ratings as the M45.

I am always suspicious of the MPG numbers in all magazines (except CR) because they do not tell you exactly what conditions those numbers were obtained under.

And the only number I typically solicit from other owners is a Highway number. First, because I can specify conditions with reasonable expectation that someone could easily duplicate them (my city traffic here in Hot-Lanta is likely a little to a lot different that city traffic in a smaller “city” where there is less traffic, and my use of the “low MPG pedal” when traffic opens up a little is likely different than others) and second because highway travel (outside metropolitan areas) typically offers fewer variables – and third, one thing I am interested in is an estimate of range on a tank under highway conditions.

For instance, I would also be interested in seeing reports from M45 owners once they have at least a few hundred miles on them and are able to judge steady highway MPG. I’d like to see what the Trip Computer reads at steady speeds of 65 / 70 / 75 even 80 mph. And I’d really be curious about MPG obtained in “fill up with warm engine and run reasonably steady freeway speeds for three quarters of a tank or so (allowing for a quick break or 2) and re-filling”. That would tell me a lot, where “freeway speed” (or at least a range) was also provided.

This is something that is typically difficult to do in a “test drive”.

Now that it is well broken-in, my LS is capable of burning a tank at somewhat over the EPA highway estimate when I drive long distances in a single day. But my overall average (in over 19,000 miles) is roughly half way between the EPA city and highway estimates. YMMV.

Also re: 23 vs 18 mpg analysis above. . .

I do not dispute your numbers. What I think is important to keep in mind here though is that we are likely talking about only 1.5 or 2 mpg difference over all between the M45 and the closest competition. And not 5 mpg. In equivalent driving. So the difference is actually even smaller. Though if gasoline does spike (and I hope it would only be a “spike”) above $2.50 per gallon, that 25% or better difference in cost each time we fill the tank will feel rather annoying regardless of the vehicle.

Just my 2 gallons worth . . .

- Ray
    Still happy that at least the M provides a 20 gallon tank . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • ivyfchuivyfchu Member Posts: 21
    This is complete BS... I live in the NYC area and I also got quoted 1100 over invoice on carsdirect's web site. I was so excited and wanted to buy on the spot at that price. However, I called carsdirect and found out that is only a 'target' price and in reality no dealer in the area is offering anything less than MSRP. I really don't know where carsdirect is getting that price and why they are posting it on the website. IMO it is sabotaging the new M as uninformed buyers might potentially postpone their purchase as they think they are getting hosed by the dealers (or they think that they can get the car else where at 1100 over invoice)
  • nofearsnofears Member Posts: 6
    As I stated above I just purchased my M35 Sport last week. I live in California and I checked all surrounding dealers for pricing right when the M35/45 were released. All dealers in this area told me the same thing...MSRP !

The good thing was that there was no markup. I paid EXACTLY sticker..(for the 1st time in my life). But as it turns out it was TOTALLY WORTH IT !!! They even threw in a rear spoiler as part of my deal and I won a bet with my salesman about whether the side markers were just "markers" or actual "blinkers"...They are blinkers and I won lunch from my salesman over that one.
  • richcreamrichcream Member Posts: 205
    I'm looking at the M35x....

Just curious as to what your impression of the car is...

Best thing? Worst thing? Any info is appreciated.
    I'm pretty much down to A6 3.2 VS M35x so I'm trying to get as much feedback as I can from owners of both models. Thanks.
  • kmg68kmg68 Member Posts: 108
    I wish they would have tested the GS300 in this group as well..........
    My personal opinion is that they will not tack on 3% to the MSRP...I have never heard of a dealership doing that...maybe others have??
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    I have driven both the M35x and the A6 3.2. I like them both. The lease program on the Audi is nutz, as far as I am concerned -- it seems that the Infiniti, therefore, is a better value.

If you are paying cash, things may be different, because for ~ $50K you will have a very nice car either way. The Technology package in the Infiniti is a bit of an unknown to me, is is just a gimmick (or a collection of gimmicks?) beats me.

Today, the M35x with Journey, Technology and a nice wing on the butt would win my vote assuming I was leasing (which is a safe assumption.)

However, if price is not an object in this process, well there is still nothing that quite has the feel of the Audi A6 (with the sport package, of course).

Like you, this decision is difficult for me -- perhaps unlike you this decision is emotionally difficult since my wife and I have had 27 Audis since 1977.

Final suggestion: take each one of these cars (with the same colors as much as possible) for a long test drive, take them each on the same roads and make them do the same things. See how they carve up the highway, how they feel at speed on an Interstate, etc.

Then go forward, don't look back. You'll be happy with either one -- unless like me you want to lease and the Audi leasing program blinds you.
  • undecided7undecided7 Member Posts: 92
    Having now test driven both cars, and many others I might add, I find the new Infinit M series to be one of the most exciting cars in this $40K-$50K category. For example, the M35 has much more power, more room (especially in the back seats) as compared to the Lexus. Also, the Infiniti doesn't have part of the rear roof chopped off like the Lexus. I nearly took off an ear and top of my head trying to get in the back seat of this car. I also think the "I knob-like" center control on the Infiniti is very intuitive and doesn't freeze up like on the BMW 7 series (yes I drove that one too). There is a lot more to say Re: the Infiniti, but I don't want to make this post too long. I've also driven the MB E320 and find that the Infiniti provides a great package of luxury, sportiness, EXCITEMENT, and lots of neat toys/gadgets that are really enticing to drop $53K (that's for a FULLY LOADED) M35x with all the packages, but still spend anywhere from $3K to $10K less than other cars with less features and less FUN!
    I have to suggest M35x. Its AWD system is better, performance is better, price is better, residuals should be better, and reliability should be A LOT better. Traditionally initial-model-year Audi's means unscheduled shop visits, and LOTS of them.
  • apintsapints Member Posts: 18
    Has anybody negotiated a lease for a M35x with Tech and Journey package? I am going this week to lease and would like some guidance.
  • stebrostebro Member Posts: 21
    Just got back from car shopping. We drove the Infiniti M35 (non-sport), Lexus GS430 and Acura RL. Impressions: The Acura is a nice car but came in last for us. It just wasn't as comfortable and didn't handle as well as the others. We liked the Lexus, and thought the 430 handled better than the LS300 we drove last week. But I think we are leaning toward the M--probably the non-sport M45 (although I would still like to drive the M35 AWD). We thought the sport version ride was a little too stiff. Otherwise, the M does provide a lot of comforts, roominess and play things for a good price.
  • oman9oman9 Member Posts: 97
    If I was buying today I'd be looking at these two and trying to decide. Someone smartly posted something to the effect that you need to stop putting so much stock in these boards and drive for yourself. Agreed.

Since I'm not an imminent buyer I'm not test driving just yet. I did visit my local dealer and sat in an M45 and it fits me just perfect. Size is great...like the G35 but a bit small for my liking, M car hits the spot.

I'm in So. Cal., so winters aren't bad (rain excepting this year). I don't really need AWD but for handling purposes and for those occasions when it does rain it would be nice. Now the M45 sport appeals because having 8 cylinders is something I've never had and the power of the V8 certainly appeals.

My questions revolve around is it worth it to give up the V8 and go for the AWD and V6 or since I'm in So Cal just go with the V8. The power of the V6 probably is sufficient, I'm sure I could get tickets in either model.

Also in the back of my mind I'm wary about too stiff a ride. I like a stiffer suspension and like feedback from the road but not enough to jolt the caps in my teeth. I have a touring model I30 right now and like the feel of that, wouldn't mind a bit stiffer actually.

Has anyone felt a significant road handling experience with the AWD and how much fun is the V8 vs. the V6 in the M35?

Thanks all!
    I drove the M35x and the M45 Sport back to back. Both cars are very fast. In fact, in normal driving, I'd say it'd be hard to tell what is accelerating faster. This is because, the M35 definitely had a larger "growl", making it seem faster, and the M45 was pretty quiet and effortless. I'd say that the V8 is more for smoothness than for all-out acceleration, although at 5.4s, the M45 is about as fast as they get in this class.

I've lived in So. Cal, and I'd say that the AWD is not worth it, unless you go skiing a lot or something. The rain in the winter does now justify the extra cost, slower acceleration, and lower gas mileage of the M35x in So. Cal IMO.

Also, given your reservations about a stiff ride, I wouldn't get the Sport either, because the base models are plenty sporty enough. Don't get me wrong, the M45 Sport didn't seem too stiff to me, but others may feel different.

Given your situation, I'd say go with either the non-Sport M35 or the non-Sport M45, and load them up with the goodies you want.

Personally, I think the best car with the best features/luxury/performance/room/value ratio in this class is the M35 RWD with Journey and Navi priced at $45,260.
    "Both cars are very fast. In fact, in normal driving, I'd say it'd be hard to tell what is accelerating faster."

From Nissannews:

Final drive ratio (:1)
    M35 = 3.538 (AWD 3.692)
    M45 = 3.357

I am having trouble with their site right now from work, but this is from a save document release / published upon announcement. I believe this is the link:

http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/2006vehicles/infiniti_m/specs.shtml

The point is that (likely to keep both the reality and a sense of good acceleration) in the G35 and G35x, each has a higher (numerical) final drive ratio. This enhances acceleration, at the cost of higher rpm at cruise. Just one thing possibly worthy of consideration. The final drive ratio change from the M45 to M35 results in 2300 to 2500 rpm at 60 mph, for instance.

- Ray
    Who finds it VERY interesting that the 2003 M45 (with essentially a very similar drivetrain, but 150 or so pounds less weight) had a 3:13 to 1 final drive. And a 17 / 23 EPA rating. And Motor Trend published 0 – 60 in 5.8 sec, SS Quarter in 14.40 at 96.3. Hmmm . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Yeah. That was me. Thanks.
    You have to drive these cars.
    One guy 5'11" complained he had no headroom in the new GS 430. I found the headroom adequate and I am 6'2".
    I read nothing but glowing things about the LS 430. So I drove one yesterday. Found annoying hesitation in acceleration. After posting that fact yesterday, all of a sudden other posters said "Yes. Me too."
    Besides, driving different new vehicles is a lot of fun!
    Thanks for all the responses. I will at some point test drive these cars. I'm leaning more towards the M45 so I can have that smooth power of the V8 under the hood. I'm not necessarily overly concerned about the stiffness of the sport model, just something I'll be looking out for since I've read enough about some people's concerns. I'll drive for myself and decide. Like I mentioned in the last post, my touring I30 (the "sport" model back then for this car) is stiffer than regular I30s, but I wouldn't mind even stiffer. Much of the equation in ride, IMO, is the height of the tire wall (i.e. profile). As long as there's enough rubber between the wheel and the road ride comfort should be decent.

I agree with jrock that a great value would be a loaded M35...right now just thinking less about best value and more about what I'd really want in a car.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Of course Infiniti dealers are charging MSRP right now because there are enough first adopters to buy all of their allotment. Nothing unique here - happens to most quality new car introductions. Way back in 1992 I was looking for a Lexus SC. When they first came out it was MSRP + some ridiculously priced chrome wheels or gold packages. A few months later it was just MSRP. About mid-summer you could get $1000 off MSRP.

It's only a matter of time until the dealer supply exceeds the pent-up demand. Infiniti will produce as many M35s and M45s as they can to increase their bottom line. Patience in purchasing will reward your bank account. Besides the luxury car market isn't as strong as it use to be after the refinancing market dried up a bit.

Does anyone have any knowledge about what happened with the G35. I'm sure it had the same buzz when it came out. They are currently heavily discounted so I'm expecting the same with the M.

Let's all look into our crystal balls and predict when the prices will start dropping.
    I think you're going to notice quite a difference going from an I30 to an M45 sport. The I30"t" had some bigger wheels and slightly stiffer springs, but thats about it. It was certainly no 530i sport. As jrock said, AWD isnt necessary for southern cal. The stability and traction systems will work fine. On the RWD cars.
    I went to both Audi and Infiniti last night (my second homes) to check out what the cars look like at night, inside and out. I had the salesmen tool 'em both around their lots just to get a look at what the lighting and silhouettes looked like.

Impressions:
    Infiniti Exterior at night: "WOW"
    Infiniti Interior at night: "owww"

The Infiniti looks GREAT on the outside. I was relieved to find that it makes a great impression, very aggressive, menacing headlights, and looks absolutely nothing like it's Nissan brethren (Maxima and Altima).

On the inside however, I was a little dismayed to find that the by-day white console buttons and Infiniti trademark clock actually glow yellow/orange when the lights come on. These, coupled with the overly bright, white-blue nav display can only be described as garish. (Infiniti found a way to incorporate the yellow from the sport models into the interior of the toned down non-sports...but only at night!)

Audi Interior at night: "WOW"
    Audi Exterior at night: "eh"

The A6's interior looks good during the day, but is outstanding at night. There is no contest here vs the M35. The soft blue and white backgrounds in the driver's dash instruments are sharply accented by an aggressive but controlled iridescent red outlines. The red, which can only be described as 'perfect', accents all of the center consol controls. The nav screen, with black background and yellow and white lettering, blends in to the rest of the presentation and never distracts. Compared to the blinding nav screen in the M35, it is a pleasure to look at.
    The soft purple-white lights in all four footwells can be controlled through the MMI system and only add to an interior that can only be described as 5-Star. Pardon the corny punnery, but the difference between the A6 interior in daylight vs. the cabin at night, is, well....night and day. As is the difference between the M35 interior day vs. night, only the Infiniti cabin looks much better in daylight.

The exterior of the A6 is nice, but nowhere near as defined as that of the M35. It is, much like the interior during the day, understated and classy, taking little chances. It is, eh.

Where has all of this tire kicking, light switching, test driving, seat adjusting, and review reading brought me? Nowhere. I am just as torn between the two, if not moreso, now that I have been able to check out the very worst and best that each has to offer. Argh.
    Im sure the brightness of the NAV screen in the Infiniti can be adjusted. In my LS its tied to the gauge brightness dial.
    The NAV unit's brightness can be adjusted. It also has a day/night mode that is really pretty cool (once you enable it). The nav screen will dim and when displaying a map, actually shows a black sky with stars. I thought it was pretty cool. When some friends were driving with me, I got some oohs and aahs when this happened.
    Another very small detail that I like about the interior at night of the M is in the Tach and Speedometer. There is actually a slight red glow under the needles (not the needles themselves). They move with the needles and seem to be under the dials in some way. I did not notice this at first, but once I did thought it looked very nice.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Rich,

Your post points out to me that this is very subjective.
  • billodbillod Member Posts: 31
    Drove both cars last week. The M35x was very firm, almost hard over road irregularities. The A6 was not quite as hard. It felt more comfortable over rough surfaces. In the northeast, rough roads are the norm.

Regarding the A6 MMI, it was a PITA. Not at all intuitive. The steering wheel controls were not much better. The G35X dash layout(w/o Nav)was simple to use. Dials and buttons controlling the radio and HVAC were easy to use.

I am leaning toward the M35X since I can't see see myself fiddling with the MMI to change a radio station or adjusting the heat or fan speed. I'l drive the M35x again to confirm my decision. I just can't bear to pay MSRP. Does aqnyone know if COSTCO offer deals on Nissan products like they do on American made cars, which I believe is $600 over invoice? Thanks, Bill
    "Rich,

Your post points out to me that this is very subjective."
    - - - - - -
    carnaught,

Your post points out to me that you are very perceptive. ;)

...yes, my decision (to be) is as much about performance and hard numbers as it is about what I perceive as 'beauty'. Aren't all are car purchases?
    billod,

I am trying to come to a decision between the A6 3.2 and the M35x as well. I agree that the Audi rides smoother and that is important for those of us in the n.east. But what did you think of the engine noise in the M35x? Did you find it to be at all loud or distracting, especially when accelerating? I drove two different M35x's and I swear that one was noticeably quieter than the other. Just wondering what you heard....or didn't.

The MMI (while not as simple as individual designated controls obviously) is actually fairly easy to learn (this from someone who's spent all of 2 hours in the car, maybe.) I'm sure you could master it in one sitting, it's pretty well laid out.

The heat and fan speed are not included in MMI, they're controlled by the knobs underneath the digital temp/fan speed display.
  • albertnalbertn Member Posts: 7
    I posted last Friday that I picked up an M45 Sport and was dismayed by the bumpiness of the drive (which I didn't remember feeling during the test drive). Many of you suggested that I check the tire pressure, and as suspected, the tire pressure was too high (it measured in at 36 psi rather than the recommended 33 psi). So, I took some air out of the tires and drove it around some more. However, now that I was paying attention, the ride still seemed too bumpy. It even was more annoying to me than my friend's BMW M5, equipped with an after-market suspension that was even stiffer than the one that comes with the M5.

With a heavy heart, I called the dealer and asked to trade it for a regular M45. However, my dealer suggested that rather than do this, I should attempt to drive the M45 Sport with the standard 18” tires and offered to swap them for me. After doing so I found that the ride was much improved for me and I decided to keep the car with the new tires. The funny thing was that after a few days, the tire pressure sensors started working and I found out that even my new tires were overinflated (again to 36 psi). So I let some more air out and now am extremely pleased with the ride of my car. I love the stiffer suspension and the sports seats, and with the new tires, the ride feels very smooth to me.

I have only 3 minor complaints about the car. 1) The heated seats warm up very slowly and do not get as hot as they should. 2) Much of the Navigation system is disabled when the car is driving, and can not even be accessed through the voice commands. I hope that someone comes up with a hack around this. 3) When you go over speed bumps too fast, the bottom of the car can hit the bump. This might be what the Edmund's reviewers were referring to when they said that the car crashed over bumps.

These are really minor quibbles, and again, so far I am extremely satisfied with the car. It is a pleasure to drive, handles very well, and hopefully very soon I will have finished breaking in the engine and will be able to really test the acceration.

Albert
    Thanks for the reply Lexusguy...so what you are saying is that my "t" is no sport, not even close. Probably true...I think you are correct re: tire size and springs. I will tell you it is a noticeable difference from the non "t" model.

Interesting post from Albert, downsizing to 18" wheels. I suspect the tirewall height (aspect ratio) is higher than what he had with the 19" wheels and that produces the softer feeling ride. Glad to hear it worked out for Albert!

I'll probably test both M45 sport and non-sport and see what happens. There are some feature enhancements like active steering, etc. on the sport models that are appealing and I've always been a fan of sport/luxury vs. luxury/sport...
    Definitely give both a try and see what you think. I think you're going to be in for quite a shock though, going from a slightly worked over family sedan to the M45 Sport, which is 100% lean and mean.
    Hoping you mean "shock" in the good sense vs. scared silly :)

Shock is what I'm looking for if I spend 50+K for a car...in the positive sense of the word.

It'll probably be 18+ months before I actually purchase a new car, the I30 is still going strong!
    I mean in a good way. The I30t was always the spunkier cousin to Lexus' ES300, but thats not saying much. The M45 sport, on the other hand, can look the giants from Europe straight in the eye.. and not blink.
    “M45 Sport with the standard 18” tires and offered to swap them for me. After doing so I found that the ride was much improved for me” – Albert

First, thanks for posting this follow up.

This I find very interesting. Interesting that the dealer would offer to do this. (Perhaps he had a non-Sport owner that would pay for the 19” wheels / tires?) More interesting is that you perceived such a difference between the M45 Sport that you test drove and the one you bought.

Specifically what is (was) the annoyance to you? Suspension response to pavement that is broken / poorly patched? Concrete road seams? General rough / worn surface ride and / or noise? Curious . . .

And: Could you, next time you are at your dealer, “check drive” another M45 Sport? Or (better) the one you previously test drove? With a check of tire pressures? I’d be very interested in your impressions. . .

“I have only 3 minor complaints about the car. 1) The heated seats warm up very slowly and do not get as hot as they should.” - Albert

Well, that was my perception as mentioned in a test drive (posted impressions above) as well – but somewhat tempered by the fact that on my Lincoln I have to (HAVE TO) turn them down (or off) within a mile or I’d have scorched butt . . .

I am a bit more concerned about the “bottom of the car can hit the bump” over speed bumps observation. Seems odd – particularly since any vehicle with a reasonably stiff spring / damper combination should not allow that.

Anyway, thanks for posting your comments. Please post additional information as you accumulate miles? And good luck!

- Ray
    With a couple more things to check out before signing the paperwork . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • maplemanmapleman Member Posts: 19
    I just ordered the M35X - Don't know about calling it "negotiated" the lease or even calling it "negotiated" the price. I called and spoke with the sales manager (I don't like talking price with the middle man (salesman)"Don't take NO from someone who can't say YES" and told him I would pay him 2500.00 over invoice (which was 2500.00 under MSRP). Vehicle is equipped with Premium package and Chrome wheels - MSRP is 54510.00 - He said fine.(maybe I paid too much but....). Lease rates are as follows - 36 month - 776.00 per month with a residual of 33251.00 - 39 month - 745.00 per month residual of 31206.00 - These rates were as of now. However my vehicle will not be delivered until the middle of May. So lease rates may change - But he said if it goes up he would work it out (which tells me he must still have room on the price)- Purchased vehicle in Minnesota - Hope this helps
    PS - THANKS to all the members in this forum for your insight - it definitely was the deciding factor in my decision to purchase the vehicle
  • dthobartdthobart Member Posts: 18
    I picked up my new M45 Sport last week and would like to find out how to access the 'Aux' input setting for the rear AV jacks. I am planning on connecting my iPod to them and didn't see anything about it in the manual - though I haven't looked real hard yet...

Thanks.

BTW, my only real complaints so far are the lack of a 12V plug in the center console, and no place for coins or pens, like my G353 had...

Also, I think the handling is superb. My G35 was much harsher than the M is. I just don't look forward to putting snow tires on it next winter - it's already been garaged three days in the last week due to inclimate weather.
    "I picked up my new M45 Sport last week and would like to find out how to access the 'Aux' input setting for the rear AV jacks. I am planning on connecting my iPod to them and didn't see anything about it in the manual - though I haven't looked real hard yet... "

Page 4-53?

Was your G35 a sedan or coupe?
    What tires?
    What year?
    And. if sedan, did it have the Sport suspension?
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    Driven Gs - and Ms . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    "BTW, my only real complaints so far are the lack of a 12V plug in the center console, and no place for coins or pens, like my G353 had... "

From the manual:
    "Power outlet is located on the back of the
    center console (Model with DVD drive) or
    in the center console (Model without DVD
    drive)."

Is this not a 12V plug?

Thanks,
    - Ray
    Thinking it would be pretty strange for the M not to have (at least) one there . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • dthobartdthobart Member Posts: 18
    There is one back there, but I like to reduce the number of wires running out in the open, especially with the kids crawling around in the back seat. Bad enough that the iPod will hopefully be plugged in back there... assuming I can figure out how to change to that input.

Thanks,
    -Dan
    "Does aqnyone know if COSTCO offer deals on Nissan products like they do on American made cars, which I believe is $600 over invoice?"

I believe that Costco does offer discounts on Nissan products, however I doubt evevn they can offer current discounts on Infinitis.........I think I am going to wait 3-6 months ans see where prices are at that time for both the GS300 and the M35 and then make a decision!
    Albert,

In reference to your comment "2) Much of the Navigation system is disabled when the car is driving, and can not even be accessed through the voice commands. I hope that someone comes up with a hack around this."

I am very interested to know what specific functions do not work when driving. I did not realize this was an issue during my test drive, and would like to hear your comments regarding specifics. Have you spoken to the dealer? If so, what does the dealer have to say?
    "Has anybody negotiated a lease for a M35x with Tech and Journey package? I am going this week to lease and would like some guidance"

In Atlantta, the lease for a regular M35 is $609, however I am not sure about the M35x......