Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Crew Cab Tundra is needed!!

tavisgtavisg Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I really like the Tundra, but the Access cab does
not have much access for my workers, which are all
over 6' and portly. I know it is too soon to say
it, but the Tundra sure could use a crew cab. They
could chop off another foot of the bed space and
make REAL back doors for all I care. Does anyone
know if Toyota is going to work on that, or should
I just settle for the Sequoia?

Comments

• cwirthcwirth Member Posts: 169
    Go with the Sequoia.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    Tindra could be S-10 Size if it were a crew cab then?

- Tim
    A movin' on up!
    And the Tundra would still be better than the junk GM puts out.
    is a terrible thing to waste...

Such a shame yours has to fall to the evil hands of Imports...

Run along and keep believing those imports are superior..

yeah...That's exactly what they want you to think....

..They Got ya on the tip of their wallet!

- Tim
  • tavisgtavisg Member Posts: 8
    My first truck was an 87 blazer. It spent more time in the shop than in my driveway. During my truck's many vacations, I drove an 82 Tercel. Had not one problem out of it. My wife's ex-boss had a gmc yuck-on. That piece of **** broke down on her 5 times in 2 years. While I was growing up, my mom had a grand prix. That luxoboat overheated when driving more than 200 miles. Y'now what? Mom drives an acura, boss drives a LC, i have a toyo p/u and a trooper. But i'm not dogging out GM.
    That seems to be the norm with GM. My Tundra is not only my first Toyota but my first import. I don't think I would ever go back to the Big 3 and no I have not been brainwashed by Toyo only by the numerous people I have come in contact with that own Toyotas and have nothing but praise. Can't say that about GM products.
    big 3 out there than Toys.....

Therfore you will hear more bad big 3 stories..

Enjoy it Overseas!

Good luck

- Tim
  • andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    Because Tundra owners don't have bad experiences. Ever. Just look at the Tundra experiences topic.

Posts like this are normal (I'm paraphrasing but the spirit is the same) - Got my truck, had a vibration on it the next day, took it back, had it fixed, God I love my truck.

Now had that truck have been a big 3, our friendly Tundra owner would have been lamenting the state of the US auto industry and telling us how foolish we were to spend our hard earned money on a US truck.
  • tavisgtavisg Member Posts: 8
    Everyone I know says that has a Tundra says it is excellent. My personal experience with toyota is making me want to come back and get one. My 91 with 160,500 mi. still runs fine even with an accident in there. As I look thru the classifieds, you see more blazers and s10's and explorers and rangers in the 4 sale ads than 4runners and p/u's (at least here in so. cali).
  • andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    That could just be a reflection of the fact that they sell more new. Impossible to tell without years of study.
  • ckski1ckski1 Member Posts: 20
    I also would be more than happy (and buy a Tundra) if the access cab was on the line of the silverado at least.
    Please people, keep the messages inline with the post topic! There are plenty of other posts to squabble about whose truck is better and why.

If the Tundra ever sported a confortable and reasonable agnle for the back seats, I would be forced to buy one since it would be *almost perfect*.

Also, the fron passenger area has something (heating something?) mounted way too low. It forces my girlfriend (6') to have her left foot at an angle.

Needs rear differential. *now perfect*.
  • bluebeastbluebeast Member Posts: 258
    Look at Toyota history, they take 5 years or more for any major redesign. The extra space and/or crew cab MIGHT be available in 2005...........Get used to the "cracker box" rear seating area.

Something to ponder: If Toyota made the Silverado with their build quality would it be perfect? Think about it, every complaint about what the Tundra lacks the Silverado has: (rear seating, size, traction lock rear end, heated seats, etc).
    Look at Toyota history, they take 5 years or more for any major redesign. The extra space and/or crew cab MIGHT be available in 2005...........Get used to the "cracker box" rear seating area.

Something to ponder: If Toyota made the Silverado with their build quality would it be perfect? Think about it, every complaint about what the Tundra lacks the Silverado has: (rear seating, size, traction lock rear end, heated seats, etc).
  • trucks4metrucks4me Member Posts: 42
    Them tacoma and t100 parts not up to the stress of a crew. Them tindras have t100 trannies and miget tacoma transfer cases now! How long they gonna last haulin a crew around? Need yet another crack at a "full size" re-design before you ever gonna see a crew on this one here! Good luck on this one now!
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    Them new Chevies aint got no crew cab now. Or why it took a year for a 4 door now. Seems they aint up to the stress now. Thanks Rube for enlightning everyone on that one now.
  • pchengpcheng Member Posts: 162
    Actually, all the imports have had crew cabs trucks. They just don't bring them to the US. I've seen all makes of crew cabs all over the world, other than North America. Now that Crew Cabs are becoming 'mainstream', I was supprised that everybody made such a hoopla over the Nissan.

Everywhere else has had a crew cab Nissan for years. People are even make a big deal about Big3 crew cabs. Well they've had crew cabs for a long time. What did these mag people just wake up. I remember when I was in high school, my friends dad was a forest ranger and drove a GMC (I think) crew cab. I guess crew cabs are just becoming more 'fashionable' (pretty soon it'll be time to sell the Ram duallie).
  • powerisfunpowerisfun Member Posts: 358
    Most crew cabs in the past have been on the heavier-duty trucks (3/4 ton and 1 ton). Fine trucks, but usually very poor gas mileage and more than most everyday buyers needed. What's new now is that they are going to be available on half-tons and, in the case of the Nissan and the Dakota, on smaller trucks. So basically you can have a crew cab with better mileage and more car-like acceleration.
    -powerisfun
  • rs_pettyrs_petty Member Posts: 423
    Agree powerisfun, trucks are tending to become more family vehicles than work vehicles. Most of the mini-trucks are available in the rest of the world as 4 door crews. I believe that before domestic makers will bring them in (or make them here) they need to get their profits out of the extended cab. I suspect that when offered the crews will outsell the extended cabs 4:1 in the mini's. I wonder how many F250SD crews I see tricked out were bought because the lighter trucks weren't available?
  • tigerskintigerskin Member Posts: 10
    If you look at it:

SUV's became popular to the style conscious because no one wanted to be caught dead in a minivan or be catorgized as "family dork" or "Suburban yuppie" in a wagon. Now, you see more SUV's in these suburban yuppie's homes more than wagons or minivans. Now the yuppies are called lemmings or posers.

To cator to these lemmings, the car manufacturers make more hybrid ShlushUV's because they complain about the truck like ride. (wimps)

Wait, I do not want to called a lemming! So I will get a REAL truck! What are the car manufacturer's doing? Let's follow the posers! Lincoln Blackwoods, Cadillac Utili-Trucks (truckillacs). Do not be suprised if you see a Tundra with a Lexus emblem on it. It will be a crew cab then.

Do you guys see where I'm going?
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Today it's hot. Tomorrow it's not. But for function and utility, a regular cab pickup truck is never out of style.
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    Amen!!
  • joestapletonjoestapleton Member Posts: 15
    The Tundra does need more room in the cab. I have put my purchase on hold due to NO gain in cab room from the T-100. I must admit the truck has outstanding power and a QUIET, stable, and comfortable ride with great braking. BUT not enough to get me to part with my truck at this time. Keep working engineers. Some questions- Why not a crew cab with a 6 1/2 foot bed? The big 3 offer club cab's with an 8' bed so the size wouldn't be any bigger. Why the blower motor under the passengers foot? A little more work is needed to meet or exceed Ford, Chevy or Dodge. Joe
    You are repeating exactly what I have said and that is why I traded in my T100 for more room (99 Silverado). The thing that gets me though is all the people that buy the Tundra that have owned previous Toyota trucks somehow believe that the Tundra is now "full size" and so much roomier than the old T100. I have a theory that there must be some hallucinagenics placed in the water fountains at the Toyota dealers that makes buyers think they just entered a Mack truck when they are really in a "reskinned T100".

Has Toyota gone to far? or have the others gone farther?
  • tp4unctp4unc Member Posts: 437
    a turnip truck is it?? Just curious.
    more work is needed to catch up to The big three!

..well....maybe not Dodge....they are kinda farr behind...

- Tim
    Mostly used for towing or hauling Toyota cars/parts.
  • ckitchensckitchens Member Posts: 67
    Looked at the Tundra - frankly, it was just slightly larger than the Ranger that I had as far as front passenger comfort was concerned. It was longer - just to take care of rear passengers - the bed was the same length. For about the same money, I bought a very nice F-150. The rear seat is usable - my husband and I can get in and out of coats in the front seat without hitting each other. The bed is 6.5 feet - with the tailgate down I can haul just about anything. I just don't understand the ratings I guess - the Tundra is not a full-size. Now, based on the Dodge Dakota that I also looked at - it is competitive. But, Dodge now has a new V-8 in the Dakota - very competitive with the Tundra. I don't quite understand the details, but Toyota must have really tweaked the minimum numbers for a full-size - it is not a a full-size truck, but it is priced like one. Now, if Lexus were to come up with a version - and I could be guaranteed a loaner for whatever reason, whenever I showed up - I might reconsider. But, then they would tack on another $10,000. Guess I like my F-150 more all the time and the dealer is not bad.
  • vaffanculovaffanculo Member Posts: 4
    Andy,if the domestics only problems were a slight vibration that could be fixed in one day, FOR GOOD,there would'nt be an import that not only gets it's own plant on U.S. soil but wins Truck of the Year,by an American magazine,IT'S FIRST YEAR OUT.I owned a Ford F-150 that had constant problems.My 93 Toyota is still going strong.The Camry also sold more cars then any American sedan.Substandard autos don't make these kinds of headways for nothing.
    ....tell your overseas lovers....not us..

- Tim
    I agree, if the Big 3 could just fix or prevent the many problems their vehicles have maybe they can also be recognized as quality products.
  • vaffanculovaffanculo Member Posts: 4
    Tim,your in a Toyota Tundra area, so most people here are interested in imports.Could you explain"overseas Lovers" to me?Now, your going to be ignorant and tell us you do not own anything thats not American made.Check your shoes{if you wear shoes}and tell us where their made.Congrats,now you too, are an "overseas lover".
    Where did I ever say all my stuff was American made?
    In fact....I have even stated that it is impossible to buy all American made.....but the Auto industry is the most important factor and the most impact when it comes to American VS Foreign.

Nothing has more of an effect on the Economy...especially here in Michigan than the Auto Industry....Period.

I've made it clear several times that all people who want to live here in the US should buy american...or other wise should move over seas with their true love.

It's my opinion and that's all there is to it...can't change it...don't try...If you like it or not...it's my Opinion.

And being amongst Tundra fans don't scare me...I mean come on....LOOK at the thing!

- Tim
    Why do you think that just because we buy "non-american" vehicles that we don't love the USA and should move overseas. What we do love or want is a vehicle that has quality behind it. I would be the first one in line to buy a domestic vehicle if they would only build something that would not fall apart within 3 years or less. Just like you have the option to purchase whatever products you like, us Tundra owner can do the same. No one said you have to purchase products that come from the same country you live in. Have you ever heard of imports and exports? But you are entitled to your opinion, as lame as it is.
    just get along?
    Yes, we sure can. I guess I am just getting alittle tired of the 'love it or leave it' attitude some have towards Tundra owners.
    Owners...they just can't take it...

Falls apart in 3 years?....I just sold one of my older trucks last week...an 88 Silverado...geez...I think 1988 is more than 3 years ago??...and wow..it had no engine work or body work done to it...just the common parts all trucks get..

Must be a fluke..eh?

Run along now Skippy...

- Tim
    cwirth,
    I was just goofing around with my comment. Don't try to argue with Tim...he'll never change!! Just accept him as he is....a good guy with bad taste in trucks!! LOL!!

Tim,
    Be nice!!!
    What does that mean??

- Tim
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen". It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.