Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TL Owners: Meet the Members

1235»

Comments

• Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    I got a Silver with a black interior, I have never heard of a exterior Silver with a gray interior, sounds good. I am also going to look for after market chrome wheels when I switch to Michellins.
  • Options
    stickymanstickyman Member Posts: 53
    Frisconick, I highly recommend that when you are ready for new tires, look at the Yokohama AS 430's. Go to "Tire Rack.com" and read the comments about them. I have 20,000miles on them (2003 TL Type S) and they look new. The ride, comfort, noise level, and handling is great. I believe I paid $113.00 each, including tax, valve stem,etc......Michellins are Super tires but, you might want to take a peek at the Yokohama,s and put the savings to the chrome wheels. When I pick up the 05 tomorrow, I'll let you know what the interior color is called (looks gray to me but, I'm Old) :blush: Take care and enjoy the ride ;)
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    You are getting a brand new baby, congrats Sticky! I will check out the Yokohamas, thanks for the info! :D
  • Options
    stickymanstickyman Member Posts: 53
    The interior color is called Quartz (a light gray to me). It is a nice looking car.. ;)
  • Options
    tlluvrtlluvr Member Posts: 2
    Golly Gee Gomer this here Acura is a just a pretty good car?! Shezam! What are you used to....a 72 Vega? :lemon:

Hey I think it was the original K-Car that had the talking instrument panel. Remember the classic "A Door is Ajar! A Door is Ajar!" Oh what a wonder melody. Just what you want to hear at the end of the day after trying to pay the monthly payment on this car! Forget it!!! That was the beginning of the downslide for the American auto industry. Gimmicky crap! :cry: :sick:

Also, the digital readouts have been tried before on numerous vehicles to no avail. Studies have shown humans can interpret analog gauges much faster. How many digital readouts do you see in a jet fighter? Not many for this very reason.

If you really need these features go get a 10 or 15 year old Lincoln Continental or Mark 4. You'll also get the crappy quality along with it. :P
  • Options
    clipper1clipper1 Member Posts: 70
    Jet fighter.... analog?.. which war?... lol

All F-22's/F-18's all have digital heads-up displays.

Analog displays belong on the ground --
  • Options
    uhuh1uhuh1 Member Posts: 18
    How are you doing? I'm hoping to purchase a 03 TL. But I am curious about its navigation system. Can you answer for me?

My issue is that I wonder navigation on '03 TL Type-S does tell me what to do like 'making left turn at 0.3mile ahead with its voice. Does this model have function of helping me with its own voice?

I just visited a dealershop to but a used '03 TL Type-S with Navigation/Onstar. But a salesperson told me that Navigation system of this model doesn't tell me how to get to a place with its voice. It is so weird. If it can't let me know the direction with its voice, I can't understand that why it is called navigation system. She told me that I can just refer to the point where I stands and I can refer to the direction with my eyes. I think there was some misunderstanding between her and me. Can you let me know? Thank you.
  • Options
    jclements1jclements1 Member Posts: 1
    I am buying a new car and the 2006 TL is a distinct possibility. But I have heard that the TL has had more than its share of problems with the automatic transmissions. Having had two previous Honda products I was surprised to hear this.

Can anyone provide any background or information on this subject? Thanks

John Clements
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72

Can anyone provide any background or information on this subject?

You might get a better response over in the general TL forum or the TL problems and solutions forum. Having said that, I seem to recall reading some trans issues possibly in an earlier model (maybe 2004) but don't recall reading anything about the 2006 in my own research of the car.
  • Options
    aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    The transmission problem was with the previous generation TL, 2003 and before. Other than a drive-line vibration when it shifts into 5th on some TLs, the tranny has been problem free. See the TL problems and solutions forum for details, but remember what you read there are posts from those that have problems, not the majority of happy TL owners.

I love my TL. :shades:
  • Options
    skyrockerrskyrockerr Member Posts: 1
    Does the 06 TL come with wheel locks?
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72
    Does the 06 TL come with wheel locks?

Nope, it only gets wheel locks if you buy them...
  • Options
    jfbrown42jfbrown42 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I traded in a 1996 Mazda 626 ES on a TL. I also have a 2004 RSX Type S so I went back to the same dealer and salesman to look at TLs. I needed a sporty "family car": something better than the Mazda -- bigger, sportier, better gas mileage.

I got to the dealer and we looked at a 2003 TL Type-S. It was nice, but the ride was kind of soft. We looked at the 2004 models. They were more edgy looking, had more horspower, but my wife didn't feel that they would go when she stepped on the gas pedal (used to the RSX I guess :) ) Also, the 2004 felt smaller on the inside and had a smaller trunk.

The trunk is important because we have two little kids. We'd like to be able to go on vacation and not have to rent an SUV just so we have room for the luggage.

We decided on the 2003 Type-S and I have to say I'm pretty satisfied. It's quite comfortable and fun enough to drive. The MPG in city driving isn't what I expected though. Oh well, you can't have everything I guess.
  • Options
    den2006tlden2006tl Member Posts: 1
    Page 125 of my Users Manual reads "The automatic climate control system adjusts the fan speed and airflow levels to maintain the interior temperature you select".

When I select AUTO and select a desired temperature the fan speed DOES NOT operate. The only time the fan turns on is when I increase the temp to High, or decreases it to Low.

My dealer tells me this is normal.

Can anyone tell me if this is "normal"?

Thanks!
  • Options
    bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    I don't think that's normal. On mine, when I select AUTO, and when it is warm, the fan will come on full blast when the car is first started, and then slow down after awhile.
  • Options
    bobsavagebobsavage Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an Acura TL Type S and to my dismay eight days after I purchased the car, someone stole all four wheels overnight while the car was parked in my driveway. I put wheel locks on the car when I put the new wheels on, but have been told that while this will deter some thieves, others will have the "keys", If this is true what other alternatives exist?
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Oh, that's just rotten! Right in your own driveway. :(

Nothing better than wheel locks as far as I know. It may be time to add a "knock sensor" to the alarm system. I have been contemplating for a while.
  • Options
    ajmtbmajmtbm Member Posts: 245
    with the dual zone climate control, will the system direct airlow differently for the passenger and the driver based on temperature?
  • Options
    willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    Yes. You can also use the "Mode" button to direct the airflow.
  • Options
    FUNKYWITNESSFUNKYWITNESS Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have a problem with there 2006 Acura TL leaking oil mixed with other fluid without any indication of a problem leading up to it?
This discussion has been closed.