Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TL Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    ktnrktnr Member Posts: 255
    "it takes a lot of time and money just to get the action started."

Sure, but who's time and who's money? Once enough people register a complaint and a law firm senses that a settlement looks possible, they'll spend the time and money to push the action forward. All it takes is a bunch of people with a legitimate complaint.

Angry car owners can register their complaint at

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/automotive.html
  • Options
    rickoricko Member Posts: 22
    tedescm1, To get a hearing through BBB Auto Line call 1-800-955-5100, the decision is binding on Acura but not on you and there is info in the book that came with the car. ricko
  • Options
    bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Yeah, they'll spend the time. You supply the money. I'd bet many, if not most, would have sold their cars by the time there is anything close to a resolution on a lawsuit.
  • Options
    wisngamecockwisngamecock Member Posts: 52
    ktnr, you make great points. Personally, I make major buying decisions based on objective data and my subjective emotional experience driving the car. Basing a purchase decision on posts in a 'problems and solutions' thread is to disregard the long term quality history of a product and manufacturer. As ktnr points out, there is no such thing as a risk free auto purchase. I am curious why so many posters with concerns about quality would buy any car in the first year of a re-design. We do know that quality tends to improve in subsequent years after a re-design. Fortunately for those disinfranchised owners, Acura has a great re-sale value (which might be the marketplace evidence that brand/model quality is good). Sell the thing and buy a fine German auto and then let us know how that goes.
  • Options
    It's interesting that one Honda service rep I know once told me that he, personally, buys the last year of a model's life cycle because that would represent the best, and most trouble-free example of that model. If you think about it, that makes perfect sense, if you don't mind the "quick obsolescence" factor. That's why I kind of tempted to consider the MB ML-class, or even the BMW X5, since the new ones are just around the corner.
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    I know that many of you who think their TL's are great cars do not want to hear the negative comments about the TL that I and others have had. They are, however, just that and no one is saying not to buy the car.

I've complained about my G35 as well, but as pointed out in #1561, Infiniti has responded to the complaint(s) which is not my current experience with Acura.
  • Options
    danny1878danny1878 Member Posts: 339
    Why not sell the car if you dont like it and move on. TL isnt for everyone. :)

Revras,

please tell us what other much-better-car/flawless one? Lets see!
  • Options
    "If you don't like it," trivializes the driveline vibration problem that some TL owners are having. So too is saying that "no car is perfect".

Squeaks, rattles, iffy OEM tires, and one or two components that wear prematurely are common risks in buying any new car. But a significant driveline vibration (even in just a handful of cars)....that's a serious issue that drastically affects the use and value of each affected car. Who can deny that those TL owners deserve a car that performs within a reasonable standard for a $33,000 car?

Fortunately for car buyers, forums like these make it harder for manufacturer's accountants and lawyers to recommend stonewalling individual owners. At some point, negative publicity begins to hurt more than doing right by the customer and public forums like this speed that process.

Keep "Acura TL Owners: Problems & Solutions" a friendly place for TL owners to complain about serious problems and thus keep pressure on Acura to stand behind their product.
  • Options
    "Keep 'Acura TL Owners...a friendly place for TL owner to complain about serious problems and thus keep pressure on Acura to stand behind their product."

I would only hope that someone from Honda/Acura monitors these boards.

danny: I do plan on selling the car this spring or summer and move on.

Interesting: My neighbor has an '05 TL which he says has no vibrations, buzzing, or rattles. Could have fooled me. When I recently rode with him I heard them. This makes me conclude that maybe some of us are more fussy and others of us just tend to ignore or are less observant or have lower demands/expectations.
  • Options
    webby1webby1 Member Posts: 209
    "Interesting: My neighbor has an '05 TL which he says has no vibrations, buzzing, or rattles. Could have fooled me. When I recently rode with him I heard them. This makes me conclude that maybe some of us are more fussy and others of us just tend to ignore or are less observant or have lower demands/expectations."

I think you have a point here...we all have different standards and needs. I see a lot of old folks driving TL's who probably never drive on highways and will never notice the vibration and rattle issues. When I test drove the TL Fall of 2003 the car had severe pull to the left, significant torque steer and the glove box would not close. Young punk (salesman ) who insisted to go for test drive with us, blamed the improper tire pressure in the tire. When I went back for another test (after he claimed that the problem was corrected) the problem was still there.

In addition the history of tranny issues in early models of TL's did not help either.

Regards,

Webby
  • Options
    igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    I for one is very astute to noises. I came from Lexus cabinets so I guess I am spoiled. So far on the few hundred miles I had on 05 TL, I can honestly say that there's no vibrations, rattles, or squeaks. Now if I put phone or glasses on some storage places here and there I can hear some noises from it, but not from the 'car' itself.
  • Options
    Definitely some of the noises are from sunglasses, CD cases, etc., even the keys and fob dangling from the ignition switch.
  • Options
    "..some of the noises are from sunglasses.CD cases etc......"

Thought of that. I took EVERYTHING out and held my keyfob and keys and the buzzing and vibration remain!

More excuses? (LOL)
  • Options
    mdhaukemdhauke Member Posts: 202
    I think the point here for this discussion is ALL cars have their problems, always have, always will. And if you base your decision on purchasing a new car solely on the "problems and solutions" thread of each vehicle, well, you'll be looking forever.
  • Options
    revrasrevras Member Posts: 63
    I'll have to admit, the cars I have owned recently prior to the TL which I ditched were a Audi A Six and a MB E class.. so i was spoiled, surprisingly tho they didn't lease out for that much more than the TL- within a hundred bucks a month on the same terms.
  • Options
    Sorry carnaught, I didnt mean to be so hard on you or others. But I feel its not fair to assume all TL has the same problems. Honestly I have never been in a car with driveline/vibration issue. I know I would be upset too.

Regarding the transmission issue, there is no more tranny failures like it used to be with the 2000-2003 TL. NHTSA records show that Acura 04 has the least tranny problem comparing with the G35, BMW 3 series and Lexus ES. And still I could never assume that all 3 series or G35 have tranny issues, rough ride etc. (eventhou the majority of people would but usually people who buy those cars are more prepared to the road's feel/sport suspension)

Anyway good luck and I'm sure you'll get the "better" car.

Webby1,

Some cars in any brand can pull to the right/left, vibration and tranny problem, including BMW. It took 30secs to find these facts.

Message #1441 Re: [kdshapiro] by 04pilot Dec 25, 2004 (12:18 pm)

The shimmering of the steering wheel definitely sounds like tramlining as it doesn't happen all the time only on bad road surfaces The car does pull to the right when on a straight road

Message #1438 Steering Wheel Issues by satish1 Dec 25, 2004 (2:17 am)

A week after my purchase I noticed that the steering wheel shimmered to the right and then left when ever I came to a complete stop. The car also pulled to the right.   

Message #1121 325i pulls to one side since day 1 by robs_place Jun 07, 2004 (2:46 pm)

I have a 2003 325i sedan, 5sp, sports package. The car has always been pulling slightly to the right (it pulls a lot harder when braking). This condition existed since day 1.  

Message #1082 Transmission Slip by prk1965 Apr 29, 2004 (1:25 pm)

Well I'm sorry to say that I think we have the same transmission problem that many of you have mentioned in the earlier posts. When pulling out of driveway there is a 2-3 second hesitation before it engages.   

Message #980 Idling Problem by rayamit Feb 03, 2004 (2:45 am)

This is following my message #958. The mechanic at the local garage changed the Idle Control Valve (costed me GBP113 from the BMW Spares Store). Even after changing the part, there was no improvement. I then took the car to a BMW dealership thinking that local garages might not be able to find out the ... was logging that as the problem unit. When I told them that it already has a new valve, they pulled out one from a 'good' car, put that on my car and tested. Still the same problem. ...

Message #966 To All 325xi Owners by stacyandbrian Jan 29, 2004 (11:28 am)

This is driving me crazy and no one replied to my last post. Please, if you own a 2004 or 03 325xi with auto trans, tell me if your car makes ... in idle. My 323i purred like a cat when in idle, my new 325xi makes a high pitched noise from the engine when at idle, i can hear it in my house while it's warming up in the driveway. I took it to the dealer and they said it's normal. Today at the street corner a 325xi pulled up next to me and it was just as quiet as my old 323i!!!! Please, let me know if your ...

Message #824 dq2: grinding noise by dcwong1 Oct 26, 2003 (12:43 am)

I think your dealer is full of it.  

Do you think all 3 series have the same problem? or am I just the lucky one? :)
  • Options
    tedescm1tedescm1 Member Posts: 309
    I have a 2004 TL with a harmonic vibration at speeds of approximately 50 mph. I spoke to the dealer and they never heard of the problem. I spoke to an Acura Case Manager yesterday and he know exactly what I was talking about. He told me that Acura is aware of the problem but currently has no fix.

I asked if I had any rights or recourse and he directed me to the Better Business Bureau at 1 800- 955-5100. I called and filed a complaint and was told that there would be a hearing in approximately 35 or 40 days.

Has anyone been through this and if so, what can I expect? Is this really worth my time?
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    i might be careful of this. if you ultimately do nothing but anger your dealership, who is to say you'll ever get it fixed.

they've acknowledged your problem, but said they don't have a fix YET. Does it really bother you so much that you can't wait for a fix? My advice is don't drive at 50 mph. drive 52 or 48 and keep bugging them to figure out a fix.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    niceguy_90638niceguy_90638 Member Posts: 1
    I went on a road test yesterday night. After reading all the post about vibration problem, I told the dealership I wanted to go on the Freeway and take the car to 60mph. I didn't feel any vibration or rattle noises.

Does anyone with an '05 TL have the vibration and rattle noise problem? If you do, when did it start?

I'm planning to buy the TL next weekend.
  • Options
    Why should arbitration make the dealer angry? The car owner is pursuing warranty issues with the manufacturer. The dealer is not liable - Acura is.

I wouldn't wait myself. Who can say if the fix will happen, when it will happen, and how worthwhile it will be. What if the fix is a leftover remanufactured transmission from the recall on '03 and early '04 Accord V6's? What if you waited six months for that remedy?

It's doubtful that Honda/Acura doesn't understand the TL driveline problem by now. What takes time is coming up with a fix that a) doesn't cost too many millions of dollars outright and b) doesn't open the door to product liability lawsuits later. It may also take time for Acura to estimate of number of cars involved which factors heavily in their decision-making about what to do.
  • Options
    I went thru an arbitration process which was funded, ironicallly, by the local auto dealer association, but was administered by the BBB. It was designed to be an expedient and cost-effective option to settle a dispute. In my case, the subject was a 2000 Prelude SH that had a Check Engine light that kept coming on, which in turn, caused the ATTS system to shut down.

IIRC, the whole process took less than 2 months from filing for the arbitration to decision. In my case, I won and Honda was ordered to buy back the car at full price.

I think in your case, the key may be providing documented proof of the problem. Has the dealer actually acknowledged the problem? Any service order written up? In my case, they tried repeatedly to fix it, so there were reams of service invoices to proof the existence of the problem, and the fact that they had no idea how to rectify it.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    Hi, niceguy:

I've had my Abyss Blue non-nav '05 TL for about two weeks now. No vibration or rattles (other then the cd cases I threw into the center console bin. I've gotta move them out...!). But, man do the CDs sound good in this system!

Smooth, powerful, quiet car. I like it. Although I've got to remember to turn on my headlights at night! I'm coming from an "auto on" headlight car and with the TLs (lovely)lit instrument panel, I keep thinking the lights are on. Such problems.

indydriver: sound system in the TL tops the M, too! I'm also up to 21mpg in mixed commute driving. Not sure about the Bridgestone's in snow, though. After 1" snowfall, heading up my driveway the TC came on! M (Goodyear's) never lost traction in just an inch of snow! Tire Rack gives these OEM tires pretty bad reviews, esp. in snow. We'll see.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    ntt18ntt18 Member Posts: 8
    Speaking as 04-TL owner, the vibration or harsh ride is caused by the suspension. Replacing the tires won't fix it.

I don't know what Acura was thinking when they tuned the suspension for Indy-500 speedway. The ride can be rough on uneven surfaces or highways. So either you live with it or get rid of the car.

I doubt Acura can do anything because they can't replace or re-tune the suspension. I used to buy Nissan and my old nissan had a suspension switch where you can switch to soft, normal or hard. I wish Acura had put in a switch like that.

Good luck.
  • Options
    danny: No problem.

I agree with you that probably not ALL of the TL's have the problem. It's a bummer though when you have one of them that does.
  • Options
    vin3vin3 Member Posts: 12
    laurasdada

Can I trade you for my slightly used 8000 mi mostly vibrated not stirred 2004 TL? Glad you got a good one
  • Options
    revrasrevras Member Posts: 63
    again..take a long long test drive over many road surfaces before you buy this baby.. do it with the stereo off, for 35k trust me you can buy a great stereo lol
  • Options
    "Do you think all 3 series have the same problem? or am I just the lucky one? :) "

Danny,

I can tell you that driving my 330i is like driving on rails with no vibration or rattles on any roads or at any speed.

The silky smooth ( mini turbine feel ) engine is like no any other, perfect seats, no torque steer and the whole car feels like a perfect glove.

Best Regards,

Webby
  • Options
    A perfect glove eh,

What about your rotor that was being replaced that caused vibration with your current 330i at 3000 miles?

What about a tranny delay problem with your current 330i?

What about your son's 3 series that currently need to get it fixed?

If you're as happy as a clam, will you be in somebody else's shell? like the TL's forum? lol

Remember, BMW is very famous(oops notorious) because of its electrical problem, now its only a rotor lets see what makes your next trip!

Webby1,

I can also tell you that my TL is like driving on rails with no vibration(but you had vibration problem) or rattles on any roads or at any speed.

The TL's silky smooth (jet turbine feel) engine which is not overpriced and can outrun any overpriced car especially the one with civic sized body, the whole car feels like a perfect glove. (mind you, this is the real perfect glove, no trip to the dealer unless for an oil change, no tranny/rotor/vibration problem :))

Just be happy! :)
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    Well, Vin, that is certainly a tempting offer. Hmmm, let me think about it.

Nah.

Hope your vibes go away or your next ride is less martini (shaken or stirred!) like...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    undertoadundertoad Member Posts: 5
    took delivery 4/04 ... by 14K miles the EL42s had made life miserable (noise, vibration, hydroplaning). After some discussion and feigned mystification on their part, the dealer agreed to replace with new EL42s. I said NO, I want the LSZ (the touring version of the Turanza). No problem said they. Now at 20K miles the tires have been great in all conditions with no noticable wear. Now if I could just lick that 1500-1600 rpm resonance.
  • Options
    "for 35k trust me you can buy a great stereo lol"

Not that easily for one that travels 80 mph with you, lol indeed.
  • Options
    Danny,

I knew that you would respond and I am glad you did....LOL

"What about your rotor that was being replaced that caused vibration with your current 330i at 3000 miles? "

True....rotors were replaced since I was getting a slight vibration in the steering column when brakes applied slightly at high speed...BMW did replace the rotors ( 4 ) n/c and no arguments from BMW....not a tranny issue. There was was a bit of rust build up on the rotor since the car sat on the lot for couple months.

99.9% of owners would not bother or even notice this vibration.

"What about a tranny delay problem with your current 330i? "

True....slight delay on cold starts going forward....minor issue, software upgrade was installed...dealer knew exactly what it was......perfect now.

So the only trips that I have to BMW are my free car washes ( once a week ) for as long as I own the car and my first oil change at 25,000 km.

"What about your son's 3 series that currently need to get it fixed?"

I assume you are referring to a squealing noise on cold starts which lasts about 15 seconds ( You are reading BMW posts and I like that! ).....dealer could not replicate the noise so no solution yet..

My son is not even aware of the noise but with me driving for over 40 yrs averaging 50,000 km/yr I guess I have different standards and perhaps more picky then most ?!

"Webby1,

I can also tell you that my TL is like driving on rails with no vibration(but you had vibration problem) or rattles on any roads or at any speed.

The TL's silky smooth (jet turbine feel) engine which is not overpriced and can outrun any overpriced car especially the one with civic sized body, the whole car feels like a perfect glove. (mind you, this is the real perfect glove, no trip to the dealer unless for an oil change, no tranny/rotor/vibration problem :))

Just be happy! :) "

I have driven all TL's and Legends since 1987 ( owned 3 Legends ) and let me assure you that there is no FWD car that feels like driving on rails.

Honestly, I am really happy for that you have a good one and love your car !!!

Reading some of the horror stories I hope that the bad reports represents only a minority.

My first oil change is at 25,000 km and is free for 3 yrs, the size of the 3 series is perfect for me, hp and more important torque is adequate and handling is 2nd to none.

Perhaps that is why the 3 series is the template for other cars.

Also, I hope you do not get silly and try to race a 330I specially on winding road !

FYI.....I had my 2002 Civic serviced this week and had an opportunity to chat briefly with my Honda friend ( Service Manager ) while the Acura rep was there.

I could not resist to ask about TL's problems...he denied that there is any tranny issues with 2004 or 2005 TL's.....he did however confirmed that Acura is going through hell trying to rectify tranny problems with 2000 to 2003 TL's.

I did not respond but I was thinking about my friends 2000 TL tranny problem at 86,000 km and the answer he got at that time from Acura was " no problems with tranny's and you are the first we heard of it "....... Stay tuned.

Best Regards,

Webby
  • Options
    There is no FWD car that feels like driving on rails.

Are you sure? or its just a vibration than you claimed didnt exist. I wish everything you said was true.:)

I hope you do not get silly and try to race a 330I specially on winding road !

Unfortunately I did with my friends, he was way behind. Dont you know that TL's slalom number is a lot better than the 3?

could not resist to ask about TL's problems...he denied that there is any tranny issues with 2004 or 2005 TL's

NTHSA records prove that 3 series '04 have more tranny problem than TL '04. lol :)

Yeah yeah Honda rep, a good friend of yours...

Who knows what to believe eh :)

Free oil change for 3 years

Worth nothing if you have to fix this and fix that, rotor, tranny, electrical, squealing noise, vibration and what else. You got those in less than 6 months?, I got zero zilch nada trip to fix nothing. I dunno bout you but I dont like wasting time, which one is free then, your time?

I dont read BMW posts until you mentioned your flawles 330i, that turned out not so flawless after all. Congratulation? or Sorry! :0
  • Options
    kkftzkkftz Member Posts: 15
    Purchased a 05 TL w/Navi 6 speed two weeks ago. So far I have really enjoyed the car... I am not experiencing any of the tire vibration (when going over 55 MPH) like others have posted, so far everything has exceeded expectations. My local dealer stated that most of the issues they have seen w/Vibration deal with '04 Acura's set up w/Bridgestone tire... I have an '05 w/Michelins. I've read all the postings, so I know some folks w/'04 have had the issues, and that it does not look to be a tire issue... truly wish you luck in getting this resolved, as it would concern me... luckily so far, no issues w/my TL.

I have been averaging 26 MPG (in total), largely due to the fact that most of my driving is HWY (where I'm actually getting 29+ MPG). Around town, not nearly as good, as I'm lucky to get 19-20 MPG. I'm putting in 93 oct. gas, sure that isn't hurting.

Biggest question I have is in regard to the clutch... the clutch seems very, very tight (tempermental), and not very forgiving (when starting out in first). While I'm getting used to it, I must admit, I've driven manuals all my life and have never experienced one this "unforgiving". Again, not a major issue, but I am wondering if others have experienced this (will it get better as car ages... my assumption is that it will be ME that has to adjust vs. the machine!!!).

All in all, very happy with the TL. Prior to buying, I was a bit concerned about the torque steer I observed in early test drive. Yes it still exist, but it is only noticeable when I am really pulling out aggressively, or corning aggressively. Day to day driving, I have not noticed it at all.

My best to all.
  • Options
    djselzerdjselzer Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the information. We are still waiting for our replacement tires. Even if the EL42s are replaced with another set of EL42s, we can get a good 25000 to 30000 miles out of the two sets. It will be like we had one normal lasting set of tires. It sounds as if the LSZs are serving you well. Those are the tires with which we are considering replacing the EL42s.
  • Options
    nkeennkeen Member Posts: 313
    I don't find the ride hard -- I'd rate it on the soft side for a performance car (mine's the 6-speed with standard uprated suspension). If you want a boulevard ride, how about a Toyota Avalon, Buick or Lexus? I came out of a VW GTi prior to the TL, which had a fairly visceral feel for a US market car. The TSX is more "immediate" too.

The clutch is fierce, no doubt about it. It takes some getting used to. I visited the UK recently, driving a Focus while I was there. When I returned home, the TL immediately caught me out -- it's like throwing a switch when you release the clutch-- the graduation between off and on is very fine. Concentration and a precise touch are required. It's not wrong, just different.
  • Options
    roylroyl Member Posts: 2
    I have had my '05 W/Nav TL about 6 weeks. I have had a problem, tho not as serious as vibrations, rattles, etc., it is still a problem. Within the first week the outside temperature reading display quit working. It only displayed Outside Temp ----- , no numbers. The dealer said it had happened a few times before and they could reset it. They did when I took it in and it work okay for several weeks. Now it has gone out again.

Has anyone had this problem?
  • Options
    semezsemez Member Posts: 36
    I purchased on last week and ran the car pretty good at 60-90 mph and didnt feel a thing.. I think there are some folks out ther who are extreemist when it comes to rattles and vibr. They think cars should be perfect.. I havent found one yet if a vibration is the only thing they find wrong they should try reading some of the other board who have folks with REAL problems.
  • Options
    tcltcl Member Posts: 42
    It happened to me once, however after I re-started the car again the next day it is ok. I do not have the same problem again since then.
  • Options
    aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    ...I think there are some folks out ther who are extreemist when it comes to rattles and vibr. They think cars should be perfect.. I havent found one yet if a vibration is the only thing they find wrong they should try reading some of the other board who have folks with REAL problems.

I wouldn't minimize their outrage. I do believe there is a design defect that occurs in a fair number of cars (though a minority). Does this make them 'extreemists'? I don't think so. If I had the same problems they have, I would be vocal as well.

The point I am making again is that people reading this board should remember this is a problems and solutions board, so you will hear about problems more often.

It's not fair to call them 'extreemists'. Not on this board and certainly not with the problems they are having. A strong vibration isn't complaining the car isn't perfect. I believe there IS a REAL problem with some TLs. Be glad you (and I) have good ones.
  • Options
    99gs99gs Member Posts: 109
    I had the same problem the week of delivey, middle of December when it got down to +5. Now it works fine so I haven't pressed the issue with the dealer.
  • Options
    eglewiseglewis Member Posts: 23
    I have a 2004 TL, AT with around 10k miles on it. I've noticed for some time now, that when I accelerate, the engine noise is unusually loud. It doesn't blow out my eardrums, but it's noticeable.

Is this what should be expected, or could it possibly be a problem ? Thanks.
  • Options
    "some folks...think cars should be perfect."

Yup, I pointed out with a previous post that some of us are more fussy than others when it comes to cars. That said, after owning 30+ cars and comparing them to the TL, I disagree with both the opinion and tone of your post.
  • Options
    You hadn't noticed the same level of noise previously? Perhaps you are driving the car harder now? We all tend to baby the car when it's new.
  • Options
    tlrontlron Member Posts: 17
    Is there any way to reset the outside temperature gauge, because for some reason it appears the temp. is always about 2c warmer than the actual temperature

P.S. 2004 TL
  • Options
    brew99brew99 Member Posts: 86
    Mine tends to be off by about 4 or 5 degrees celsius. I would have really liked to reset the actual temperature the other morning when it said -22. Plus 22 or about 72F would be nicer.
  • Options
    tlrontlron Member Posts: 17
    So I guess I should be happy with "only" a 2 celsius error margin...lol
  • Options
    Are you sure the gauge is really off? From my experience, it takes a good 10 - 15 minutes of (city) driving for the gauge to settle on an acurate reading.
  • Options
    Just curious, while you drive around, how do you know the 'real' temp. is not the temp. displayed?
  • Options
    brew99brew99 Member Posts: 86
    On the average 45 minute commute, I'll probably hear the temp on the radio 4-5 times and also pass 4-5 signs that display time and temp. To bobble's point, I have noticed that it can take a little while after starting the car to calibrate but it always seems to be a consistent 4 degrees celsius off the reported actual. Not really a big deal in my opinion and have not asked at the dealer if they can reset it or not.