Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35 vs. Acura TL

Comments

• varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    "What you are saying that any car with more torque than the TL will be wasting it, since it will only spin wheels."

No, I never wrote anything of the sort. What I wrote is that an Acura TL with more torque would likely spin its tires. There is only so much a FWD car with stock tires can handle. Significantly more torque would overpower it.

I was not suggesting that you PURCHASE a FWD car. I was suggesting that you find an example of a car with more torque than the TL and a similar design. In other words, don't come back with AMGs or supercars using RWD, AWD, or huge tires to handle the torque. Obviously, those are not realistic comparisons with a TL. Cars like the Altima, Maxima, and Viggen illustrate how too much power causes problems.

As for VTEC, you are not stating a fact. You are stating a commonly held assumption based on cars Honda produced in the 1990's.
  • uncledaviduncledavid Member Posts: 548
    In general, RWD cars get the power to the ground more efficiently than FWD cars.
  • crazybabydoccrazybabydoc Member Posts: 32
    The parking deck at work covers all of these vehicles (hospital). The G35 coupe is one of the hottest rides in America (moving AND stationary). Now all I have to do is convince the wife it's easy to get a babyseat out of a coupe.
  • gregory28gregory28 Member Posts: 174
    Amother pedestrian response from me on a reason I like the G-35 sedan. It sounds like a fast car. With the windows closed you can faintly hear the engine, but when you open the windows, man it's a great powerful sound. "Throaty" was a description one of the reviewers used. I'm not looking to pick up chicks anymore, but you guys that are, definitely a plus.
  • kahunahkahunah Member Posts: 448
    Tomorrow, I’ll be testing the 2004 TL 6MT but I’ve decided to give the G the same consideration. So, today I test drove the G35 6MT (M6 trim in G-lingo).

Exterior:
    My initial impression was quite favorable, especially after seeing it up close for the second time. The exterior design seems to grow on you over time. I was very impressed but not surprised with the overall quality, fit and finish. I was expecting a larger looking trunk. Even though the G’s trunk is 2 cu.ft. bigger than the TL’s, it didn’t look it because of its irregular shape.

Interior:
    The interior looked even better the second time around, especially with the willow leather trim. The reclining seat backs of the roomy rear seats are a really nice touch. The front seats were very supportive and comfortable but I didn’t care for the location of the seat adjustment switches. The non-telescoping steering wheel (in this car) with its controls was not exactly an ergonomic triumph, nor was most of the instrument console but overall, a very luxurious and comfortable interior that one could easily get used to.

Road Test:
    Well guys, this was the deal breaker for me. Please allow me to explain. Before we got started, the salesperson (who BTW was a pleasant and very knowledgeable young fellow who answered all my questions intelligently) pointed out that the 6-speed manual stick shift in a RWD setup like this will vibrate…continuously. He said that this is normal for most manual RWDs, since the stick shift lever is directly connected to the tranny below, as apposed to using linkages to a tranny up front. With a puzzled look on my face I grabbed the shift knob, threw it in gear and…guess what? The vibration on that stick was so disconcerting that it ruined the drive for me. And, I’m not talking about a minor hum. It felt like I was holding one of those vibrating neck massagers set to medium-high the whole time. It drove me crazy…I couldn’t believe it! Worst yet, the excessive engine noise during acceleration combined with the vibrating shifter, made the car feel strained and unrefined. Not what I expected from a car in this price range and class. Other than that, the ride itself was excellent, especially the precise steering response and powerful brakes.

Conclusion:
    Before I bought my ’00 TL, I drove a 5-speed Honda Accord for 7 years…no vibrations. I know that FWD is very different mechanically than RWD but help me out here guys. What is with this vibrating manual stick on the G35? I can’t believe that Infiniti would go through the trouble of building a solid, well handling, quality car like this with a world-class engine, only to allow tranny vibrations to penetrate the cockpit directly into the palm of the driver’s hand (let alone the engine noise). I would especially like to hear from G35 6MT owners to explain to me how this setup is a good thing, since I don’t recall reading about this phenomena on any of the boards.
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Thats what I figured you'd say, as I've found that to be true myself. One other thing I've noticed with the just discontinued Acura CL-S is that its automatic hesitates upon hard acceleration from a standstill. I didn't notice this in the TL-S. Could be why the TLS has had more trans failures.

I'm not really shocked that Nissan hasn't addressed the torque steer issue. They're introducing a new car it seems like every 6 months. This rapid product blitz has to take it's toll somewhere......the details. Audi used to sell a fwd A8 with a 270hp V8 and it had NO torque steer, so I know it can be done. Nissan just isn't going to spend the $$ to do it. That and their interiors are being short changed, but thats another thread.

The AMG cars with the supercharged 5.4L V8 (E55, CL55, SL55 and S55) have 493hp and 516lb-ft of torque. The V12 cars (SL600, S600, CL600) make the same hp, but 590lb-ft of torque. Yes these cars do fight their brakes continuously upon hard acceleration, but Mercedes' traction control also cuts the throttle if the driver doesn't let up. The CL65 AMG (604hp, 720lb-ft) fights with its traction control through the first 3 gears!!

M
  • klayfishklayfish Member Posts: 48
    Yeah, I hear ya. I want the coupe too. Much nicer looking, better seats. But since it's for her, and we have a baby on the way in March, she refuses. "YOU get the $%$# baby seat out of the coupe" is basically what she said.
  • 03accordman03accordman Member Posts: 671
    You seem to forget this discussion is G35 vs TL.

I myself have been saying that Nissan hasn't been able to figure out the torque steer, and most people have complained that their newest product, the Maxima has the most. Not good.

As for the high revving VTECs, I would suggest you take a drive in a 200 HP Accord and you will be able to feel the need to actually rev it up for the peak. This is not a myth, but a fact. Even my smooth iVTEC I-4 Accord exhibits this trait, but to minimal effect.

Merc, even I feel that Nissan is doing something wrong in not being able to figure out how to control torque steer. Could this be cost cutting. I wonder how the 300 HP Northstar engined caddillacs do, with respect to torque steer.

Kahunah, its disturbing to know that the 6MT has such vibrations in the stick. Maybe it was a particular car, but that's is really unpardonable.
  • mariner7mariner7 Member Posts: 509
    There's a glowing review of TL in USAtoday:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2003-10-30-tl_- - x.htm

As I read it, I can't help thinking Lexus, not Acura, is the biggest winner in all this. Now ES has no credible challenger in the entry luxo boat class, Lincoln stands no chance against Lexus.

While TL/G/3/A4/CTS are all chasing the same crowd, Lexus smartly stands apart and is the big winner! And it will have new IS to compete with the other guys too, and it will be much better than first one. You can count on that.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    "While TL/G/3/A4/CTS are all chasing the same crowd.."

Yes and the crowd they are chasing is different than the crowd the ES/Avalon is chasing, although not different than the crowd the IS is chasing. Does Lexus have two sets of crowds covered while the Acura/Infinity/Audi/BMW/Cadillac have one set of crowds. I don't think it's that simple.
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    "Merc, even I feel that Nissan is doing something wrong in not being able to figure out how to control torque steer. Could this be cost cutting. I wonder how the 300 HP Northstar engined caddillacs do, with respect to torque steer.

Well at first they were a beast similar to the Maxima, but by time the current generation Seville came out for 1998, torque steer had nearly been eliminated. My uncle has a 1999 STS and it doesn't try to wrench the steering wheel out of your hands, a light tug is all you'll get even under hard throttle situations. It will follow grooves the pavement, but most powerful fwd cars will do this to a degree. But this nothing like what I keep reading about the Maxima with the manual trans. Naturally the Seville, or the fwd V8 Audi A8 were never sold with a manual so those cars benefited over the Maxima there when it came to controlling lb-ft steering.

kdshapiro,

"Does Lexus have two sets of crowds covered while the Acura/Infinity/Audi/BMW/Cadillac have one set of crowds. I don't think it's that simple."

Exactly.......it isn't. The IS300 doesn't sell anywhere near the levels of the ES300. In a perfect marketing scheme they'd move both equally. The IS300 simply doesn't fit as a "Lexus".

M
    What I'm saying is Lexus has both bases covered, while most of the others have only one. If you have 35K to spend, insist on luxury, avoid performance like a plague, ES/Avalon are about your only choice (Lincoln/Buick, please). And Toyota is laughing all the way to the bank.

ES is now the best selling entry luxury, a title held not too long ago by TL. ES will retain it for a long time!
  • pg48477pg48477 Member Posts: 309
    I drove G35c 6MT and did not experience this problem.
    I don't think that review is really glowing. I think it it balanced, and critical of some weaknesses in the TL. Ironically, I've experienced similar issues with my TL. The original equipment tires are not great so there are traction problems (which, btw, impacts on acceleration because you can't get the power to the ground) and the controls are a bit complex.

03accordman - I agree with you that most Honda engines need to be reved. But, the power curve in the new Honda engines (particular the K24 in the US Accord) is pretty impressive. The Accord V6 is sweet.

My main criticms of Honda (and I suspect this will be a problem with the TL) is they can never seem to improve handling without sacrificing ride quality. You just don't get that kind of kideal ride/handling compromise that you see in BMW and Audi and (too a lessor extent) the G35.
    I have to disagree with you on your last comment. In my opinion Acura/Honda had a grate success putting performance and luxury ride together. I don't know about BMW, but Audi and G35 while having about the same handling as TL, does not have the same ride quality.
    I'm with you on that. I drive the last gen TL frequently, and its handling doesn't match my G1 Altima. In high speed braking, the brakes pulsate like crazy. At first I thought something was wrong!

I'm wary of all this Acura/BMW comparison. It seems like the mags say that whenever a new Acura comes along. Remember when the CL/S came out, some were saying it was just as good as 330Ci. By the time CL/S figuratively and literally faded away, nobody says that anymore.
    You right about the brakes, but my TLS handles much better than Altima.
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    i really hope that people stop making blanket comments like "the 3 series is at the top of the heap" as if it's fact. top of the heap nothing.

it's all subjective guys.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    It IS subjective, but there is still an acknowledged #1. And I guess the consensus is that the 3-series is the mark everyone shoots for.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    Actually my opinion, your opinion singly doesn't count for much when evaluating the subjective rankings of automobiles. That is one of the things that magazines are useful for.

The 3-series has been lauded as the benchmark by almost every magazine for the last couple of years. While we individually might not agree with the rankings, subjective or objective, it gives common ground when having these types of discussions. It let's us review the strong and weak points as dictated by the mags.
  • kevin111kevin111 Member Posts: 991
    Completely agree with you about magazine assessments, but..... They do have their biasness.

Most magazines will favor handling over ride quality. If the car handles very well and has an acceptable ride, it will be lauded and praises much more by these magazines than a car with a phenominal ride but just acceptable handling. The reason a 3-series is always tops in comparisons, while an ES will just be background noise.
    I have to say, as an Acura owner, I consider the BMW 3-series to be the benchmark. With the exception of pure acceleration, it leads the class in nearly every category (ride, handling, brakes, etc).
    After my less-than-satisfactory test drive with the 2004 G35 6MT this week (see message #219 for details), I test drove the 2004 Acura TL 6MT (sans Navi) the very next day.

Exterior:
    Even though the G35’s exterior design grew on me over time, I just love the TL’s design. Its athletic stance is wider both in measurement and appearance than the G. The wheels/tires are bigger as well. The trunk, although smaller, has a more useful shape to it. The TL’s overall quality, fit and finish is supreme.

Interior:
    What can you say about the TL’s interior that hasn’t already been said. Coming from an ’00 TL, I felt right at home. From an instrumentation point of view, it’s an ergonomic masterpiece compared to the G35. Everything, especially the console, just flowed together beautifully. The instrumentation in the G appears more modular and disconnected. The TL’s front seats are very comfortable and supportive and the leather trim throughout looks and feels very luxurious and refined. I just wish there was a little more rear seat room and reclining rear seat backs like in the G35.

Road Test:
    Halleluiah…what an experience! This ride was definitely the deal maker for me. The 6-speed TL is such a joy to drive. It responded to my every whim. Between the super-smooth, powerful & much-quieter-than-the-G engine, the precise (non-vibrating) stick shift, and the well-balanced clutch (G’s clutch felt too heavy and more difficult to control), I was just in driver's heaven. The acceleration on this car is beyond exhilarating. Throttle response was instantaneous and precise, as was the steering. The powerful Brembo brake setup completed the package by providing an extra level of control. The ride itself was very smooth, sure-footed and very comfortable. As solid and quiet as the TL is, you still experience the hallmark Acura road feel in a very positive way. I felt fully in control and totally connected to the car.

Conclusion:
    Although the G35 had a lot to offer, I concluded and confirmed for the second time that the TL was, and still is, the better choice for me. So…what else was there to do but to buy the darn thing. Which is what I did when I got back from the test drive. My brand new Satin Silver on Ebony TL 6MT* will be ready for pick up next Friday…and I can’t wait!!

*Dynamic Package (Canadian): 6-speed manual, LSD, Brembo brakes, summer tires, stabilizer bars, HandsFreeLink, wireless phone interface w/ steering wheel controls. No navigation system.
  • torontotltorontotl Member Posts: 60
    Congratulations on your purchase! I can't believe you'll have your car that soon considering the Dynamic package is just now arriving in the Canadian dealerships. Great choice, as a fellow 04TL owner I know you'll be more than happy with your car. If I only drove manual I think that's what I would have gone for. The the stupid stop and go traffic in this city would drive my mad anyways. Congrats. Let us know when you pick up the car.
    I was on a "no obligation" waiting list for a few weeks. Coincidently, the car (my car) arrived the same week as my test drive...lucky me! Turns out they had preordered the car in the colour I selected and if I didn't want the car for any reason, it would have ended up as a demo or most likely sold to someone else, anyway. But I love it and I'm so excited!!
    Congratulations on your purchase!

If I was in the market for a mid-$30K sports sedan, the TL would definitely be near the top of my list! Happy motoring!

BTW, on the manual trans. Honda has always built one of the best, if not best stick-shifts you can buy. Also, theirs is usually designed with a light clutch and light stick-shift feel. The G35 has been commented in many magazines of having a stiffer - more mechanical stick-shift operation.

Finally, on the vibration in the shifter. This has to be an anomaly! I am guessing that it would be a deal-breaker for many people looking to purchase a manual if this was typical. I just think you experienced a car with a bad unit. Also, this is the first time I have heard of this being an issue with a RWD vehicle.

Good luck!
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Congrats! I'm getting antsy reading how you and torontotl have pulled the trigger. Just curious why it takes them a whole week for delivery. Since you already drove it, the car should be prepped already and ready to go.

Another thing is both you and toronto seemed to have gotten the cars you wanted relatively quickly. So the wait time doesn't appear to be the 1 - 2 months that my dealer initially indicated. He even said I should be flexible on colour to shorten the wait time.
    I think the wait time depends on whether or not the dealer happens to have a TL in your choice of colour preordered. Sherway Acura just happened to have an Abyss Blue Pearl with ebony and 5AT no navi on order and it came in basically one or two days after I ordered it. Had I wanted navi or another colour I probably would have had to wait longer.
    Before my '00 TL, I drove a 5-speed manual Honda Accord for 7 years and loved it. The 6-speed on the 2004 TL is even better! Precise, smooth and perfectly balanced.

I hope the situation with the vibrating shifter on the G35 I drove was an anomaly because it is a good car. I'm just going buy what the salesperson told me. He said it was common on most RWDs (see message #219 for details). Regardless, the TL was just a better fit for me, overall.
    Once a car arrives, it doesn't take a week for prep and delivery. Just that in my case, in addition to getting the new TL, the deal involved two other vehicles (trade-in, lease buy out, etc.), so besides the standard items there's a list of other things to be done. I just decided on a week so both parties had plenty of time to get everything done right. Plus, I have a very busy schedule this coming week.
  • jaydolljaydoll Member Posts: 120
    Kahunah,

Best of luck with the new TL. I drove both the 6 spped and the auto yesterday and felt that the clutch was rather heavy and caught very low to the floor. It has been a while since I have driven the G-35 6 speed so I can't remember if the clutch seemed heavy or not. The last G car I drove was the coupe 6 MT so if the clutch was a bit heavy, I didn't notice it that much and maybe kind of expected it in a sport coupe. In the TL, I found that it was a bit difficult to shift smoothly out of 1st due to the low catch and the heavy spring tension and I ended up jerking the car more than I wanted to (I think I gave the salesman wiplash). Other than that, it was a blast to drive. In the end I chose the auto feeling that in some small way, I can have the best of both worlds with the manual shift mode. Now, the following issues need to be addressed:

1. I don't have much faith in the Turanzas and therefore am searching for a good replacement tire.

2. Is the mini rear deck spoiler worth the money?

J
  • rgj777rgj777 Member Posts: 3
    After extensive research and test drives, I bought a TL because it was easily the best value among Infiniti, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Saab, Cadillac, and Lexus. The only car that is even close to the TL cost per mile driven is the G35, and the Acura brand easily surpasses Infiniti when it comes to driver safety and serenity. The G35 may be a slightly sportier drive to most people. But since I do most of my driving on interstates or in bumper to bumper traffic on congested suburban streets and rarely on twisties, the TL is my choice. The sound system is superb & HFP is great.
    I really don't think the mini rear deck spoiler is worth the money. It's barely noticable. I wouldn't get the large spoiler either; afterall, it's a 4 door car. Splash guards I feel is a good investment because it's functional. The trunk mat and all-weather floor mats make sense if you drag dirty stuff around. Obviously, this is all my opinion exclusively. You can buy aftermarket carbon fiber/faux wood which adds a bit more richness to the interior.
    Funny how we had opposite experiences with the 6-speeds. I jerked the G35 several times, mostly due to the heavy, springy clutch feel. Whereas, driving the TL was effortless and errorless. It makes you wonder if clutch feel can vary from car to car, on the same make and model.

I wasn't crazy about Acura's selection of tires for the TL either. So, here are my top picks for suitable replacements:

High Performance All Seasons:
    Bridgestone Potenza RE950 or
    Dunlop SP Sport A2

Ultra High Performance Summer:
    Bridgestone Potenza RE750

Performance Winter:
    Dunlop Winter Sport M3 & M2 or
    Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22

I agree with gregory28 on the spoiler issue. Although, I might spring for a rear lip spoiler in a couple of years just to freshen up the look of the car, provided the price was right.
    I actually think Honda/Acura made a mistake by offering only low profile tires on the TL. I would hve liked to see a sport tire has more sidewall (like a Mich MXV4). Such a tire would not compromise the TL's handling all that much, but would improve the ride and would also last longer.
    Unfortunately for Infiniti, several of its models including the G35 are affected by this world-wide recall.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2003-10-30-nissan_x.htm
    http://www.motortrend.com/features/news/112_news23/
    Pricing for the G-35 AWD is now available here at Edmunds.
    The recall is a shame, but Nissan is not exactly the only company to face such recalls.

I'm a longtime Honda/Acura owner but I have great confidence in the reliability of Infiniti/Nissan products.
    I'm certainly not trying to single out Nissan. I'm just reporting news...in this case, big news. I totally agree with you that Infiniti/Nissan products are very reliable (otherwise, I wouldn't have considered the G35 as a possible purchase). That's what makes this recall more unfortunate. A recall like this, of this magnitude, can happen to any car maker. One can only hope that it won't happen to Acura/Honda, in the near future.
  • jaydolljaydoll Member Posts: 120
    Regarding the clutch pedal pressure, I can read a review the other day on the the net, it might have been the Edmunds review or the review Autombile, and the reviewer felt the samething I did with the clutch pedal being heavy. I am sure that sure get used to it. in the end, Iwould definitely get the 6 speed if I were getting the G-35 coupe. But since I can get 1K
    more trade from the Acura dealer towards a TL than I could on a G-35 coupe, the TL it is. Also, I believe for me, the Tl is just a more prctical vehicle and fun to drive with the auto.

Regarding tires, all season high performance is the way to go with the emphasis on wt pavement braking and traction. I can't see driving the so hard that I need the summer tires. I had the Dunlop SP Sport A2 on my wife's Subaru wagon and they were a great tire but they didn't last very long. Also, isn't it a speed rating or 2 down from the Tiranza? RE950s may be the way to go. I forgot which TL you purchased, auto or stick?

J
    The G35 Coupe is an absolutely gorgeous looking car but not all that practical for most. If you think the TL is fun to drive with auto, then you won't believe how fun the 6-speed is. Test drive it, if you haven't already.

Yes, I'd go with the RE950s. I got the Silver/Ebony TL 6MT (stick). It came with the Bridgestone Potenza RE030 summer tires, so when these wear out, I'll replace them with the RE750s. In the meantime, I will be putting performance winters on the car...probably the Dunlop Winter Sport M3 or M2 tires.
  • crazybabydoccrazybabydoc Member Posts: 32
    I finally got a close up inspection of the TL at my local Acura dealer (no drive b/c they are closed on Sunday). I know aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder but it is hard for me to ignore the striking difference in my opinion of the G35 coupe vs the G35 sedan.

Obviously, there's a lot more to an automobile purchase than curb appeal but IMHO Acura has done a superior job of packaging their sedan than Infiniti.
  • bryannbryann Member Posts: 54
    Kahunah, DO NOT BUY the DUNLAP SSPORT A2. i have them on a 1998 maxima se and after 24k miles on them, they are terrible. they don't work in the snow. they do ride nice but snow traction and early wear is a big problem for me. i had a set of Dunlap sport 5000 and they were a great tire. i would recommend them for a great performance all season tire.

i am considering both of these vehicles to replace the maxima. yes, the maxima has terrible torque steer even in the auto. i initially liked the G35, but i have felt the tradeoffs between RWD and FWD are pretty neglible for the driving my wife does. i think the TL has a much nicer interior and has some nicer features. IMO, i think you really can't go wrong with either car for the personal reasons people use when they purchase a car. anyway, i have test driven both and they were and are still pretty close in my book. Good luck to all with their decisions.
    "1. I don't have much faith in the Turanzas and therefore am searching for a good replacement tire.

2. Is the mini rear deck spoiler worth the money?
    "

1. Check www.tirerack.com. Even if you do not plan to buy from them, they have plenty of reviews of tires, as well as customer surveys.

Also, what type of tire are you looking for? High-performance Summer tire, High-performance all-season, good-performance all season. High-performance all-seasons, the Conti-sport Contact 2s have been highly rated. You do loose tread life compared to some of the lesser performance tires though.

Uncle Dave - Micheline MXV4 are great riding tires that are very quite, but not that great for handling. For a high-performance sports-sedan, I would hope Acura would opt for the Pilot-Series tires over the MXV4s!

2. Spoiler - basically worthless in functionality, unless you are driving over +100 mph consistantly. Also, with the TL, the agressive look does not need to be enhanced by a spoiler.
    I had the Michelin Pilot XGT tires on my last TL and found they were a good compromise for all season tire. Better than the standard tire Acura had used.
    I'm not buying the Dunlop SP Sport A2, I'm considering the Dunlop Winter Sport M3 which was rated among the top performance winter tires by both Consumer Reports and TireRack.
  • bryannbryann Member Posts: 54
    no worries, but post 249 had you state the sport a2's as a suggestion and just wanted to give my $.02 worth on those tires. i live in the Metro washington DC area and there is a great place called Radial Tire in Silver Spring, MD and they have great prices and service on a wide variety of tires and rims. defnitely worht checking out. they are still cheaper than tirerack. good luck
  • bimmer97bimmer97 Member Posts: 12
    Please help.... I currently drive a 97 auto 4 door m3. I like the 04 M3 but it 2 doors and its to $$$$.
    I'm hoping that the newer cars of today.....(looked at) g35, 04 tl, 330i with perf pkg are going to be somewhat equivalent to the level of performance and sophistication as of my 97M3.

I want a car that performs and looks good that is reliable. I'm not a race track driver. I'm just a enthusiast who likes the feel of a a good handling car when exiting and entering highway off ramps and a car that has gonads when passing cars on a 2 lane road.
    I have owned Z28's,TA's, mustangs ect... I need a a 4 door performance minded sedan.
    I appreciate any opinions.
  • ihabermanihaberman Member Posts: 58
    Is it just me or does the design of the new TL not look as modern as the year-and-a-half old G35? It's a nice looking car, no doubt, but the front looks a bit like a Pontiac Bonneville, and most of the reactions I've received about the tail come from people thinking they were looking at an Oldsmobile or Saturn.

On the other hand, the interior of the TL (IMO) is far superior to the G35. Now I'm wracking my brain to figure out if I like the exterior of the TL enough to compensate for the fact that the G35 looks much cooler pulling up to pick up friends.
  • lehighlexuslehighlexus Member Posts: 94
    Of the 3, I believe the 330i to be the best handling. The G35 to be the most powerful. And the TL to be the most unappealing. My opinion
This discussion has been closed.