Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• armando1967armando1967 Member Posts: 8
    rt909 is that price of $55,300.00 an out the door price?
  • armando1967armando1967 Member Posts: 8
    rt909, can you tell me please what options you got with your X5?
  • turboman62turboman62 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a loaded X5 4.8 i - MSRP of $69500. Was offered 4K discount off MSRP, 3 year lease 12Kmiles, money factor .00190, LEV 59%. Monthly rental of $910.
    Seems like the interest rate is high, and the discount could be better. Anyone have any experience with a similar vehicle? Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated!
  • dsa421dsa421 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2009 X5 4.8 with MSRP of $70,120. I negotiated $3k off MSRP with a 3 yr 36month lease 12k miles, payments of roughly $1,031 a month.

Residual was 59% and they tried to give me the banana in the tail pipe and hike the money factor to .0019. I told them no way and ended up with the .0015 money factor.

The one regret that I had is letting them stick me for the security deposit, oh well, it is refundable in 3 yrs..
  • turboman62turboman62 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks dsa421 - I had heard the money factor was 'set' and non-negotiable, but it sounds like you were successful in lowering your interest rate. Curious how much room there is for negotiation of the money factor... They listed a $1000 security deposit on mine too - is that something people are successful with eliminating in their lease agreements?

Also - I see you also chose to lease rather than buy, even though they are currently offering 0.9% financing. How did you come to your decision to lease?
  • dsa421dsa421 Member Posts: 4
    I also thought the money factor was set and non-negotiable and was surprised when the sales guy delivered the document with .0019 which is above what is listed as the BMW money factor currently. Apparently each dealership has flexability to some degree in marking this up...

The finance guy first said he would "meet me in the middle" and split the difference. I honestly was offended they attempted to jack up this rate and told them with absolute certainty that I would walk if they didnt go with the standard .0015. Had I purchased the car at or below invoice I would understand them trying to mark up the finance fee's, but as I said to the finance manager, they were making 4/5K over invoice on this deal.

Needless to say he wasnt happy, but it didnt take much for him to agree. I chose to lease because I dont like to keep cars past 3 years and the lease terms they are offering currently are VERY attractive.
  • SpacerMSpacerM Member Posts: 6
    Alright, talked to a few more dealers, and although Im still confused as to where between .0015 and .00175 the MF should be for a X5 3.0, I think I've got the Bank fee ($725) and disposition fee ($395) right.

Can someone please post the BMWFS numbers for December for a 2009 X5 3.0 36/10K lease? I know its a 60% residual, but that's all I"m sure of.
  • gardisgardis Member Posts: 185
    I never cease to be amazed. What recession??? Paying nearly $70K for a vehicle that can be had for $55K only with a straight inline 6 cyl. engine instead. Is that power worth $20,000 to you? Holy Smokes! That's some major disposable income, pal.
  • gardisgardis Member Posts: 185
    Folks:
    There's a pre-owned 2007 X5, Alpine white, 6K miles, they're asking $38,900, when it seems all the other vehicles like that are in the mid $40K at least. What is wrong with this picture? The car is like new.

I hear gas mileage isn't so hot though. For one person with no kids, that's a little big isn't it? I'm also looking 5 series CPO also. I know, no comparison, but just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks.
    Gardis in CT
    gardis72@gmail.com
  • rt909rt909 Member Posts: 4
    Armando1967, checkout post#1079 and #1081.
  • DallasCowboyDallasCowboy Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2009 X5 3.0
    Options -
    Premium Pkg
    Technology Pkg
    Comfort Access
    3rd Row
    Rear Climate Pkg
    USB-Ipod Access

MSRP - 58225
    Price Paid - 54375 excluding Taxes, Title, License Plates
    0.9 APR for 60 months

Location - Dallas, TX
  • kimcodekimcode Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Do you have the updated money factor ad residuals for all 3 at 12 & 15K since the rates supposedly changed in 2009.
    X5 3.0
    x5 3.5d
    x5 4.8

Very appreciated.
    Kim
  • twiehofftwiehoff Member Posts: 2
    We are also trying to get an accurate MF for Jan 2009. We looked yesterday and they gave us 55% residual (with 15K miles, for 3 year lease), but they are claiming the money factor is now .0022 - which is very high compared to what this is showing for last month, when we questioned that he said the .0015-.00175 were for 2008 and they don't have any more of those. Looking at the posts here though that seems to be untrue??? He said residuals also dropped slightly so that is hurting us too. They did come down on price to $500 over invoice (about $4000 off MSRP), but I think they are making up their profit with a jacked up MF. Here was our deal:

Price: $54,005
    Term: 3 years
    Residual: .55
    Mi/yr: 15K
    MF: .0022
    Acq Fee: $925
    Doc Fee: $75
    Security Deposit: $850

Are the other fees negotiable too, they seem a little more than others have said too.

Thank you for any advice!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    The '09 X5 3.0 has a base MF of .0018

They are marking up your money factor the maximum, as well as marking up the acquisition fee ($200 extra..also the max).

If you have other lease questions, please post them here:
    BMW X5 Lease Questions

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 2009_X5_3L2009_X5_3L Member Posts: 1
    I'm close to signing and want to confirm this is a good deal- SF Bay area

x5 3.0
    MSRP about $55k, paying Invoice +$750 +$400 maco +$180 Training plus they want $500 for transpo from another dealer, is paying for transpo common?

Lease
    36 month, 10k miles/yr, 58% residual, .0022 MF, $92 doc+other+tire fee, $0 acqusition fee, $700 Security dep, $7k cash at signing
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,265
    The transport fee is negotiable. Is it being flat-bedded or driven? I'd be willing to pay more if it was flat-bedded.

The MACO and training are real fees that are on the invoice.

The MF is being marked up by the max 0.004, so that could be negotiated to the base 0.0018.

I would NOT put $7k cash down. If the car is stolen or totalled, that money is gone. I'd look into multiple security deposits. BMW allows up to 7 additional security deposits and each one decreases the MF (I believe by 0.0007 each, but double check with your dealer). That money is refundable -assuming there is no vehicle damage or repairs needed to the vehicle at lease turn in.
  • laakylaaky Member Posts: 13
    Just had to let you all know the X-5 diesel is awesome. Bought the 2009 which was delivered right after Xmas from Keeler, Ltham, NY. $1200 over invoice and able to add options not otherwise affordable if we went with the 4.8i. Starts up in -25F with no problem and gets great gas mileage. Power is no problem on the low end or high end. Keeler has to be one of the best dealers in NY. Customer service,knowledge and attitude superb. Stopped by a few in LI who would just not compare.
  • morecowbell75morecowbell75 Member Posts: 1
    Here is my current deal for a 2009 X5 4.8:

MSRP of car ordered: 70,720
    Sale Price: 65300
    3 remaining payments on current lease rolled into cap cost: 2418
    Residual 59%
    MF .00155
    36 months
    10k miles
    8.625 tax rate

5000 drive off. Dealership makes 3 final payments(2418 total) on existing lease. $892 per month. Taxes are included in drive-off fees.
  • tcn2ktcn2k Member Posts: 277
    Does 892/month include tax?

I got this deal:

2009 x5 4.8i
    MSRP: 70,675.00
    MF: .00155
    Residual: 59%
    10k miles
    0 down
    Drive off: $1,171.00 ( First payment + Registration doc fee )
    Monthly including utah tax: $949.17
    without tax: $888.32

Is this good?
  • JustinguoJustinguo Member Posts: 14
    Is this a good deal, folks?

Got a offer from dealer for a 09 X5 3.0 MSRP of 54525, they ask 51000, which is about $835 above Edmunds invoice price and $350 abover dealer's invoce. In addition, there is a $2500 manufactures cash rebate.

Anybody? Comments?
  • jinkeyjinkey Member Posts: 1
    Justin, what so the total price is 48,500 = 51,000-2,500 on a 54,252 MSRP? That is very nice

I got 52,200 off an MSRP of 57,620 (TMV = 56,310, Edmund's Invoice = 52,980), however, I did not receive any cash rebate, and I didn't see any listed anywhere as an incentive from BMW.
  • anchor19anchor19 Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer of 50000 on 2009 X5 3.0 with MSRP 55170, no cash rebate. What do you think ? Looks like Justin got a better deal.
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    Hi All,

Looking to get an X5 very soon. Are there any rebates going on now??? Looks like anywhere near invoice price right now is good.

Basam
  • bmwintheshopbmwintheshop Member Posts: 1
    Where'd you guys hear about $2500 cash rebate? When did that start?

Do you think the 2010's will have the 3.5 twin turbo?
  • grsnestgrsnest Member Posts: 5
    Folks,
    Dealer is asking $28000 for a 05 X5 4.4 with 40000 miles sport package. Is it a right price or how much should I negotiate for.
    Thanks
  • mroctobermroctober Member Posts: 21
    Does 05 4.4 still qualify for 0.9% financing? Or are you planning on paying cash? I'm looking to take advantage of the CPO incentive this month. I'm in southern california and have negotiated an 05 X5 4.4 CPO 34k miles w/ Sports/Premium package down to $28500 last week. But 05's don't qualify for 0.9% any more so I'm looking for 06 now. Saw a pristine 06 X5 4.4 fully loaded Sports/Prem CPO 24k mi. today. After some haggling no deal was made, but I think the car can be bought at $33.5~34.5k.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I don't mean to interrupt here,but isn't a brand new Lexus RX for the same price a better but than a old 05 or 06 bmw X5?

It's your money if you wanted a new x5, then it would've been a different story,but an old unreliable bmw rather than a brand new lexus, your choice.
  • laakylaaky Member Posts: 13
    CPO will alway cost you more but I think they provide a 100,000 mile or 2 year maintenance warrenty which is probably worth the extra dollars. We traded in a 03 4.4 in Jan w/50K miles, sports pkg also, and all they would offer was 15K due to the economy they said. So for an 05, I wouldn't pay more than $25k in this market. ...since they probably took it in for $18-19K. good luck.
  • jpzy3jpzy3 Member Posts: 11
    yes - that is my dilemma. you would understand if you cared for bmw-handling.

only a big discount like $11k under list for a brand new lexus rx could sway me and i tried to get that price and forego the X5, but couldn't. so back to square 1 looking for a used X5. the X5 is on the top of my list, but i just refuse to spend upwards of $50k for a vehicle or upwards of $30k for used(but for an X5 it could depend).
    I do understand bmws handling.
    I've driven bmws best suv, which is the bmw X6, and I know how well it handles,but when your best friend works at a bmw dealer,and advises you not to buy it, that does put a doubt in your mind, doesn't it?

Well, the RX2009 has big discounts, up to $9k from what I've heard, around $32k for a new 2009 rx.
  • murnmurn Member Posts: 3
    This 2009 X5 3.0i (at dealer lot in Atlanta) is Monaco Blue with Saddle Brown Nevada leather interior and has the following options:

Premium package
    Technology package
    Cold weather package
    Rear climate package
    Satellite radio
    iPod/USB
    Smartphone integration

MSRP is 57,020. Dealer has offered $52,010. Dealer also said the 2.9% specified on the BMW website for X5's is the best he can do - he has no discretion. TMV on Edmunds seems to suggest this is an ok deal. Anyone have any thoughts? Is the statement about the financing rate correct even though the bulk of their models can be purchased at .9%?
  • bond007jbbond007jb Member Posts: 38
    I think you can do better on the price. My 08 MSRP'd at 59950 and I got it for 52K even + TTL. Don't think you will be able to negotiate on the interest rate, that's standard from BMW FS, but if you wait a few months I am sure it will drop to .9 on the X5s as well.

Good Luck
  • greybmwgreybmw Member Posts: 9
    Hey all, I've been a silent watcher of this blog till now but I'm looking for some help.

I'm looking to buy a 2009 x5 3.0i with premium package, cold weather, technology, rear climate control, 3rd row seats, running boards, (if the car comes with it then the ipod and usb adapter with smart phone integration). MSRP is
    $58,825. Can any one tell me what a good price would be for this car? i've gotten quotes for about 52,500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or even other deals that people have gotten in the last month or so would be great. Is there a good dealer in the tristate area that will give you the best deal?

Thanks all!
  • tylerg2tylerg2 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm looking at X5 with similar packages. $52,500 is $1500 below invoice, so I'd say that's a pretty good deal! Is $52,500 including the $1750 loyalty cash?

The best I've found on an MSRP of $59,070 is $54,150 ($55,900 minus the $1750).
    tylerg2,

that 52,500 i believe includes the $1750 discount. Another dealer told me that there is no $1750 discount on the x5 (its only for a lease). but i don't think thats true. Which dealer did you get your deal from? Mine is from bmw of teanfly.
    also does anyone know if we order a car to our specifications, do we lock in the 2.9% rate and get the two months payment? As per one dealer you can only lock in the 2.9% rate (prestige bmw) and as per hassel BMW you can lock in the 2.9 and first two months payment.

no one gives you a normal answer. Can anyone shed any light on this?
  • pt838pt838 Member Posts: 16
    I have a 08 X5 and 06 330Xi, I did not like the sales experience at Hassel. I found their sales people very unprofessional. I would be very careful with them. That much I can tell you!!!
    An update...so tenafly said they made a mistake on the deal and its actually 1750 more!!!! Went to hassel and they showed me a car with MSRP of 58,275 that they would give me for $53465. I took that deal to rallye who originally offered me the same car for $54525. Rallye finally agreed to getting me that car for $53160. That I think is the best deal I can get. $5100 below MSRP. What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger? Also the car is $400 cheaper 'cause it was produced on Dec. 12th 2008 before the price increase.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,414
    Just to be curious & nosy, if you didn't like the sales experience at Hassell, why go back the second time for your X5? Did they give you the best price?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Where did you read in my post that I went back in second time. Once was too much!!! I have 2 BMW's and the family has a total of 4. We purchase or lease them from PACE BMW or DCH BMW of Bloomfield.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    To lock in rates or incentives, you need to get your docs in prior to the ending of that particular months incentives. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what happens to the incentives should you wait to take delivery; they could be better at the time your car is delivered, yet they could be worse. What I'm trying to say is that you get whatever incentives are available at the time you sign your docs, not when you order, unless you sign and start paying for the car before it is delivered. Make sense?

Ordering a car to your particular specs can be a bit tricky. All manufacturer's are different, but many times, all the dealer can do is submit your build order request, and then it needs to get approved by the manufacturer. Plus, you'll also most-likely be required to lay out a deposit; not a big deal as they are usually refundable, but dealer's like them as "good faith" to show you're serious. Also,they want to make darn sure you really want the car, because a botched order usually takes away from their allocation. Sorry, this is all mumbo-jumbo, but to answer your question. Expect to get the incentives that are available at the time you sign and take delivery of your vehicle.
    Sorry dude. I just assumed. So you've bought from NJ, Westchester, & Long Island dealers? Where do you live? Where do you service the cars? Do you service the cars at different dealers than you bought them at?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I work in Manhattan, and live on the island. We service our cars at BMW of Manhattan. They have the world's best Service Advisor, Salina Cancel. Whenyou make your appointment, ask for her. But be careful, they also have the worst service advisor, some guy name John. If you get him, find somebody else.

What do you drive?
    That a Long Island guy would schlep to Jersey to buy a car, but if you service them in the city then it doens't matter.

My car is a 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH. I also have a 1990 E30 325iA.

My wife drives an '07 X3 3.0si, My Mom drives an '08 328xi, & My Dad drives an '07 X5 3.0si. We leased all the cars from Wide World BMW in Rockland County. There is a service advisor there named Steve who is also top notch.

The modern BMWs rarely have to go in the shop. I think my wife's has been in maybe 3 times in a year and a half.

• jingac1688jingac1688 Member Posts: 4
    I'm about to buy a new 2009 X5 4.8. MSRP $74,925 and the dealer is offering it to me at $70,305, a discount of MSRP of $4,620. He said this is $800 above invoice. I'm in the sf bay area, california.
    Finally bought the car from Rallye BMW in long island. I got a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 - Ext. Space Gray and Int. Black Nevada Leather.

Premium package, Technology package, Rear Climate control package, cold weather package, 3rd row seats, running boards, USB / ipod adaptor - MSRP: $58,675

I paid $53160 for the car. So i got $5515 off the msrp. Thats the best deal I could get. We actually ended up getting two. One for my wife and my uncle picked up one in vermillion red (its not on the website but you can now get the x5 3.0 in vermillion red).

Hope this helps.
  • jayvisjayvis Member Posts: 76
    Let me get this straight. You claim that modern BMWs rarely have to go in the shop and then say your wife's '07 X3 has been in 3 times in a year and a half. I'm assuming the 3 times was for general maintanence (oil change and tire rotation) then. 3 times in the shop for problems over the life of my vehicle would be unacceptable to me. That's why I no longer own BMWs.
  • bayareaboybayareaboy Member Posts: 4
    Did you check the invoice price in edmunds.com? I think you should get below invoice price. Which dealer did you go?
    3 times in the shop for problems over the life of my vehicle would be unacceptable to me. That's why I no longer own BMWs

Thats also not acceptable to me, I prefer cars that are extremely reliable, and I think I can only trust lexus on that.

Which bmws did you own? Reliability problems?

What car do you drive now?

I am currently looking for a new car, I'd like the x6, but the issues I've read are horrible, thinking about the RX but not to fond on the looks of it.