Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bimmervoybimmervoy Member Posts: 13
    Hi sunnyvali,
    YES, our loan is from BMW Financial, but I'm not sure if these programs very based on location - we got ours at Paul-Miller NJ.
    Talk to the HEADQUARTERS about it to make sure what's going on. Good luck.
    edited July 2010
    Hi,
    We got our X5 finalized at $57.5K. (I really didn't have a time/chance to haggle around much)
    Deposit was ~$950 to place the order.
    Down-payment was $13K on a 5 year signature-loan.
    Our GOAL was to stay at $500/month.
    Of course we'll have to pay the rest of it after 5 years ...but who cares about that now:) since then I won't be paying $2000/month for child care, but won't have the college tuition yet.
    Good luck!
  • ethansdadethansdad Member Posts: 15
    When do the residuals and money factors for august come out? Is this info out yet?
  • simonsmom2simonsmom2 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to buy/order 2011 x5 35i prem. Friends complained that older X5's leather seats are stiff and not comfortable. Given the new choice of leather, Nevada, Napa or Perforated -- does anyone have a suggestion? I am used to Acura MDX cushy leather seats. BTW -- the Sparkling Bronze is a tough one to locate in Calif. I'm trying to decide on that or White.
  • simonsmom2simonsmom2 Member Posts: 6
    Wow -- I think that is a good deal. Are you in CA? What dealer did you buy from?
    Hi, If you can wait just ORDER what you want (it's worth the wait). Personally I feel that the OYSTER int. looks stunning with the S.Bronze or Red ext. and great for the sunny CA; I would definitely consider the PERFORATED seats as well for CA, and perhaps the extra contour option if the cost is not prohibitive - it's rather pricey for these "above all" extras. To me as long as I have leather, lumbar support (MUST HAVE) & heat, I'm happy with the standard set as far as comfort goes for the X5. On my 330i I have the Sport Contour once ...it's needed:)
  • asharmanasharman Member Posts: 5
    Ok, once you remember, please let us know which floor mats you are talking about. I am awaiting delivery of my X5d. Not sure if I will get the mats but in case not, I want to know where to order. Thanks.
  • sunnyvalisunnyvali Member Posts: 33
    Talked to the dealer (DFW, TX area) today about the OwnersChoice financing option and he said that the 1.9% is not available. The interest rate is 6% for the diesel. Can't believe how these folks operate. They probably love haggling all day along...

Will try another dealer tomorrow and see how much it changes. My credit union has the similar program, but they will not do SUVs.

Thanks!
  • koolkillerkoolkiller Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2010
    I got this quote from a local dealer this morning and am not sure how much further I can negotiate with them. Please let me know how good the price is. The final price is $49,876 plus ttl.

Any comments would be apprceciated.

Jeff

My X5 xDrive35iDetails
    3.0 liter 6-cylinder with TwinPower Turbo technology
    xDrive, intelligent all-wheel-drive
    Base MSRP
    $45,800
    Space Gray Metallic
    $0
    Black Leatherette
    $0
    Dark Bamboo wood trim
    $0
    Convenience Package
    $2,700
    Heated front seats
    $500
    Navigation system
    $1,900
    Destination & Handling:
    $875
    BMW Ultimate Service™
    A suite of premium benefits that are included at no cost
    with all new BMW Vehicles.
    4 Years/50,000 Miles Warranty
    Included
    4 Years/50,000 Miles Maintenance Program
    Included
    4 Years/Unlimited Mileage Roadside Assistance
    Included
  • sjthomassjthomas Member Posts: 61
    Hey,
    I just put your configuration on amexnetwork.zag.com and found that the price in and around NY metro area is:

$48,730 + dest + ttl

Hope that helps.
  • x5x5x5x5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi bimmervoy,
    I am in North Jersey too and planning to do almost exactly what you did, could you please give me more details about your deal. What is the end price you have to pay, is your tax included in the total financing, are you paying exactly $500, is the rate 1.99 %? I know it is too many questions but it would be great if I can go to the dealer with some real numbers. Thanks in advance.
  • zguzgu Member Posts: 10
    BMW 2011 X5 35i premium with convenience package, technology package, 3rd row seat, MSRP $59,725, invoice $55,545, dealer offer $55,945 + tax etc.

Can I get any better deal?
  • x5x5x5x5 Member Posts: 2
    Where are you located?
  • beammerkeybeammerkey Member Posts: 3
    I'm about to bit the bullet and purchase my first BMW. It's a CPO 2008 X5 fully loaded and I mean fully, has everything including rear entertainment. Only thing that's bugging me is that the mileage is 37K and they are selling it to me for $45,000. Is this a good deal?? or should I look into getting a newer one with less mileage?? Any advice would be appreciated. I am suppose to go in tomorrow with my check in hand. BTW. the interest rate they are giving me is 5.9% and i'm putting $25,000 down.
    in CA
  • hchambershchambers Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I've been reading these posts and am still wondering how much off MSRP one can negotiate on X5 premium. When I build it online the MSRP is $60,175, how low can I get a dealer in the Houston area to go? Is is better to negotiate this part first and then my trade in???
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    I just bought mine MSRP at $60,025 for $56,500 (~$800 over invoice). I saw someone paid $400 above invoice on this board. So, it should be around $56K-56.1K. You can find out the invoice price by checking kbb.com.

I would do the deal separately (negotiate the new car first, then the trade-in). else the dealership will ding you one way or the other by playing the #s game. they can make it look so good on paper but you end up paying $2K more. for Trade-in, check kbb.come for a fair value of your car. if you can get what kbb.com states, you are getting a good deal (usually, the market value is slightly lower).
  • abeachgolferabeachgolfer Member Posts: 1
    Yes! any were from 3 to 4000.00 under invoice is good.
    BMW has 10% of room to play with.
  • sjthomassjthomas Member Posts: 61
    I guess you meant 3K - 4K less than MSRP. Right? Not Invoice.
  • desiboysfdesiboysf Member Posts: 7
    Just picked up on 8/13 in the SF bay area. Paid $58,115 for a vehicle that has an MSRP of $67,275. Plus platinum BMW extended warranty for $4880. The vehicle was built to order.
  • jeana1012jeana1012 Member Posts: 3
    wow, you got a great deal. how much over invoice price did you pay? what did you get with the car?
  • emedwayemedway Member Posts: 17
    Packages: technology, cold weather, convenience
    Option: rear heated seat
    Accessories: all-weather mats, cargo liner. (Note: cargo cover is a $700 dealer-installed accessory, not standard as in prior years, as cited in other posts; I decided it was unnecessary, so asked for liner instead.)
    MSRP: $59,275, excluding accessories pricing, which they "threw in"
    Sell price: $55,000 (before tax/registration) after $1,000 BMW America credit for test driving an X5 during Ultimate Driving Event at local dealer a couple of months ago
    Trade-in: none
    Buy/lease: buy, and probably take advantage of 0.9% financing for 24 months
    Comments: very few X5's on MA dealers' lots, so had one ordered. Expect delivery in about 8 weeks or less. Without the $1,000 credit, deal was probably so-so, based on other posts, though I'm very curious about the particulars of the deal cited in post #1614.
  • emedwayemedway Member Posts: 17
    Sounds like you did well and are satisfied. I'm happy for you. Since it appears to be head and shoulders better than any other pricing posted here, please help the rest of us with more details. Was it a premium trim line? What specific options/packages are included? Did you lease, and if so, what lease terms were included? Did you have a trade-in, and if so, what make/model/trim/year/condition? In what state are you located? Since you ordered it, sounds like it wasn't a demo. What is included in the platinum BMW extended warranty for $4,880? On the BMW website, an accessory is extended maintenance covering an additional 2 years or 50,000 miles (total 6 years, 100,000 miles) for an MSRP of $2,295. Does 'platinum' cover more or go longer?

thanks
  • jhabrejhabre Member Posts: 17
    I'm taking delivery tomorrow on a 2011 X5 35d. Here is my deal, I am in the Philadelphia, PA area:

Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Sport Activity Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Rear Climate Package
    iPod and USB Adapter
    Multi-contour seats
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Running Boards
    Space-Saver Spare Tire

MSRP: $64,525 Sale Price: $60,421.95 - $4500 Eco Credit = $55,921.95
    OTD: $59,609 includes floor mats & wheel locks

I think I got a good deal, $500 over invoice before the eco-credit.
  • nyinjanyinja Member Posts: 10
    Sounds like BMW is starting to bargain a bit.......

I just ordered a 2011 X5 Sport Activity for CA delivery with:

Convenience Package
    Technology Package
    Active Ventilated Seat Package w/ Multi-contour seats
    Heads-up Display
    Cold Weather Package
    Heated Rear Seats
    Premium Hi-Fi
    iPod and USB Adapter
    Running Boards
    Side-view Camera
    Space-Saver Spare Tire

MSRP: $67K+
    OTD: $59,700
  • jeana1012jeana1012 Member Posts: 3
    You got a great deal too! how much over invoice did you pay? I got this, now I'm beginning to feel as if I could do better. the CA is charging $500 over invoice.

--Price MSRP $62,575
    --Charging me $58,540 before taxes
    I paid $850 over invoice (this includes the stupid MACO fee of $600) BEFORE the ECO credit was applied. So if you exclude MACO, $250 over invoice for a made-to-order vehicle! Great deal, I think. If you're in the market, lemme know.

Sparkling Bronze with black Nevada leather
    Comfort Access system
    Running boards
    Roof racks
    Dark Bamboo wood trim
    3rd row seat
    Sport Activity Package

* Sport Package
    * Anthracite headliner
    * Sports leather steering wheel
    * Sport Suspension delete
    * Adaptive Drive
    * Sport seats
    * Multi-contour seats
    * Shadowline exterior trim

Cold Weather Package

* Heated front seats
    * Ski bag
    * Heated Steering Wheel
    * Retractable headlight washers

Premium Package

* Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
    * Digital compass mirror
    * Storage package
    * Power adjustable steering column
    * Universal garage-door opener
    * Ambiance lighting
    * BMW Assist with Bluetooth
    * Lumbar support
    * Power tailgate

Premium Sound Package

* iPod and USB adapter
    * Premium hi-fi system
    * Satellite radio with 1 year subscription

Rear Climate Package

* Privacy glass
    * Rear manual side window shades
    * 4-zone automatic climate control

Technology Package

* Voice-command
    * Navigation system
    * Park Distance Control
    * Real Time Traffic Information
    * Rear View Camera with Top View
    First of all, I should've been clear on the trim -- it's a diesel. I purchased it (no lease) and took advantage of BMW financing at 2.9% for 60 months. I did not have any trade-in vehicle. The X5 was built to order. I still think my deal was the best one I have seen posted (over $9K off the MSRP, $10K off if you include the warranty price).

I am in Silicon Valley.

The Platinum EVP Program is for extending the standard factory warranty. What you're referring to (on the BMW website) is an extended maintenance contract. These are two different things. My bigger concern was having warranty coverage for the vehicle over having maintenance paid for after the first 4 years. Make sense?

My vehicle had:

Sparkling bronze with Nevada leather interior
    Comfort Access system
    Running boards
    Dark Bamboo wood trim
    3rd row seat
    Sport Activity Package

* Sport Package
    * Anthracite headliner
    * Sports leather steering wheel
    * Sport Suspension delete
    * Adaptive Drive
    * Sport seats
    * Multi-contour seats
    * Shadowline exterior trim

Cold Weather Package

* Heated front seats
    * Ski bag
    * Heated Steering Wheel
    * Retractable headlight washers

Premium Package

* Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
    * Digital compass mirror
    * Storage package
    * Power adjustable steering column
    * Universal garage-door opener
    * Ambiance lighting
    * BMW Assist with Bluetooth
    * Lumbar support
    * Power tailgate

Premium Sound Package

* iPod and USB adapter
    * Premium hi-fi system
    * Satellite radio with 1 year subscription

Rear Climate Package

* Privacy glass
    * Rear manual side window shades
    * 4-zone automatic climate control

Technology Package

* Voice-command
    * Navigation system
    * Park Distance Control
    * Real Time Traffic Information
    * Rear View Camera with Top View
  • akrca4akrca4 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like exactly what I am looking for, could you tell me which dealer in CA you ordered your car from? Thanks.
  • bmwgal3bmwgal3 Member Posts: 15
    I live in SF Bay Area and am very interested in finding out where you got that great deal. I have test driven the x5, and a 2009 X5 diesel. I've read the 2011 diesels are smoother driving. Anyway, please tell me the dealer/sales person...so I can narrow my focus a bit. I'm looking to buy in the next month.

Also, the dealer didn't tell me about the eco credit....did you have to negotiate that? I thought there was only an $1800 tax break for buying the diesel??

Thanks!
  • beemer12beemer12 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    How did you get 2.9% for 60 months? All of the Bay Area dealers I called told me the 2 diesel models are 4.9% APR for up to 60 Months (verified on the BMW website).
    Why don't you give me your email and I can send you the contact information if you're a serious buyer.

If the dealer isn't telling you about the ECO credit, they're being a bit slimy. Its $4500 off either of the diesel vehicles. It is subject to expiring so you should check the BMW web site or call around to confirm. In addition, the $1800 tax credit is also available but that is recouped when you file your taxes. The ECO credit is essentially discount off the vehicle price at time of sale.

The new 2011 diesel is much smoother riding than the 2009/2010. It is also a bit quieter,
    I locked in my financing before July 31 when the lower rate expired. The offers change every month so I wouldn't be surprised if it came back some time soon.
    What is the invoice price and APR? Can you tell me which dealer you ordered from? Thanks
    I've been back and forth with a few dealers. This is the best I've come up with. Need to know if this is "the deal" to go with :

Convenience Pkg
    Technology Pkg
    3rd Row Seating
    heated front seats
    multi contour seats
    rear entertainment
    running boards
    Satellite radio

MSRP: $63,875
    Selling Price: $59,225

Good deal or keep shopping? Also I left a deposit at a bmw dealership, if I decide to go with this deal they have to give back the deposit right? have you heard of them keeping people's deposits?
    You should be able to do better than that. Does the $4500 ECO credit also apply or is it included?
    I'm not getting the diesel. I'm getting the premium x5 35i. I think the eco credit is for those that are getting the diesel.
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    Why aren't you going for the diesel?
  • jay_austinjay_austin Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying X5 35d before month-end. Please let me know the name of the dealer where u got the awesome deals. thanks.
    edited August 2010
    Send me an email and I can provide. desiboysf at yahoo.com
  • z_bellez_belle Member Posts: 1
    I would greatly appreciate any input on this quote! I'm a woman so it seems a little more challenging. :blush: I'm in northern NJ. All comments welcome! Many many thanks!!!!!!

MSRP $61475
    Agreed price $54200
    Monthly lease amount $695 for 30 months
    Residual: 0.64
    Money Factor: 0.00210
    Cap Cost Reduction: $0

Due at signing $4463 (sales tax, doc fees, 1st payment, security deposit $725, disposition fee)

Color/Upholstery/Options:
    A68 Platinum Gray Metallic
    LUEZ Leather Nevada Cinnamon Brown

ZCW Cold Weather Package
    ZPP Premium Package
    ZRC Rear Climate Package
    ZTP Technology Package
    300 Space-saver spare
    328 Running boards
    386 Roof rails
    431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror
    4AZ Dark Bamboo wood trim
    655 Satellite radio 1 year subscription
    6FL iPod and USP Adapter
  • autocrazyautocrazy Member Posts: 16
    Time to swap my wife's 2000 X5 with a new one. Initially, focused my search on the new 2011 X5 premium; however, after reading all the comments on this forum (and others), decided to test drive the 2011 X5 diesel. Loved it. Unfortunately, it appears that I'm not the only one shopping for diesels. Demand far outstrips supply. Have exchanged messages with 3 dealerships and they are all quoting me close to MSRP (before eco credit). None of them have any diesels in stock.

Also, the $4500 eco credit officially expires today...you must place your order today. Having said that, BMW has extended the eco credit several times and I'm certainly hoping they will do so again.

Thank you desiboysf for the email exchange last night. I'm Dallas-based...if anyone is seeing better offers here locally, please advise.
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Member Posts: 202
    I remember last August 31st (2009) and scrambling to get my order in before the eco credit expired.....

If demand is that high then this could be the 10th and final time it expires however.
    Autocrazy, I have been dealing with a dealer in the DFW area willing to custom order a X5d for me with the following details:
    - Msrp - $61,575
    - Selling Price - $55,575
    - No deposit required if leased
    - Lease - 42 months at 15k per year - $916/mo.
    - Owner's Choice - 42 months at 15k per year - $890.06
    This included all the credits, etc. I am working with him to sell me at $500 over invoice, and he is a bit hesitant, but may agree...

If you are interested in talking to him, let me know and I will pass on the info...
    Thanks sunnyvali, much appreciated. I've received two local offers of $5500 off MSRP. This includes the $4500 eco-credit. In other words, $1000 off MSRP before the incentives are added. Which translates to about $500-800 over invoice. Desiboysf got about $4000 off MSRP before eco-credit (for a total of about $8500 off MSRP). I spoke with Desiboysf Client/Sales advisor in California; however they do not do out-of-state deliveries and more importantly, I would have to pay california state taxes and then ship the car to Dallas. So, unlikely to go down that route.

I also spoke to a couple of other dealers - including one in Austin...unwilling to give anything more than the eco-credit. Clearly, demand far outstrips supply here. Will keep looking. Might go for a pre-owned 2010 to keep the price within my budget.

Lets hope that BMW extends the eco-credit. Here is an excellent posting on another forum with more details on the eco-credit and the tax implications. (bimmerfest - thread 403497)
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403497

Happy searching everyone !!
    Autocrazy, perhaps we can both team up and order 2 cars from the same dealer... I am sure they will be excited to give us as much discount as possible to make the deal.... Let me know.
    edited September 2010
    Happy to discuss this further. what is your email address?
    here it is sunnyvali at yahoo . com
    edited September 2010
    Dealer confirmed today that the $4500 eco credit on the X5 diesel and 335d BMWs has been extended by BMW.

Plus BMW is offering 0.9% for 24 months...if you choose to finance the purchase through them.
  • asharmanasharman Member Posts: 5
    Just picked up my new X5 3.0d and am mighty thrilled. Had a question about the tire and wheel warranty. They offered it to me for $1,500 for 4 years, it was a "special" rate as the normal cost is about 2 grand. Of course they try to convince you that it is worth it and will pay for itself if used even once. I had to decide then and there (hate when they put such pressure on you). However, I was told that I can cancel within a month. So my question - is it worth it? I looked elsewhere in this and other forums but couldn't find a satisfactory answer. I live in NY and we do have a fair share of potholes and bad roads but not excessive. Tires can get go flat but I have not heard of rims getting damaged so much that they need warranty. Thanks.