Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 00boxsters00boxsters Member Posts: 202
    You might try going to the www.bmwusa.com website and configuring the vehicle in its base form. Have a dealer check his and other dealer allocations or order the vehicle you configure. Good luck.
  • mchalmersmchalmers Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for your reply. I believe its good info as I would like to see if its possible to get it this way.

MC
  • bayman48bayman48 Member Posts: 27
    I think with the existing eco credit and if you order it with no options, just the base model, you could get close to 45k with some negotiations. I think the base with no options is about 51, 52k.
  • rphmanrphman Member Posts: 29
    1. how do they calculate your secuirty deposit? based on your payment??

2. i have a paid off trade in which is a acadia..is it smart to trade in acadia and use it to reduce capitilized cost?

3. see attachment if they give me close to kbb value..my lease payment would be around $110 with trade in..

4. if i put down 7 extra security deposits..would lower my payment to $80.00..so would my 7 security deposits be 110 x 7 = $770 extra
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    1) Yes, based on your payment, rounded up to the next $50 increment..

2) No, not smart..

3) No attachments here... But, I'd just take a check for my trade, and put minimal amount upfront.

4) MSDs are a good idea.... If your payment were actually $110, then the 7 deposits would add up to $1050 (7 X $150). I'd rather keep my money in the bank, and have a higher payment, though...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nnvaluennvalue Member Posts: 4
    premium pkg, cold weather pkg, rear climate pkg, tech pkg, comfort access, iPod adapter, satellite radio, roof rail.

MSRP $62,525, final out of door price = ($53,740 + $95 doc/title + tax). Also got 0.9% finance for 36mth through BMW. Car needs to be ordered. Put down $1,000 non-refundable deposit and should have the car in 6-8 weeks.

I quoted 10 dealers within 200 miles and this deal is the best. It is basically (invoice - $3500 eco credit). And the dealer is very easy to work with.

Note that starting Oct 1, 2010, BMW has increased X5 MSRP by $500, which is NOT reflected by edmunds yet.

Hope this helps folks in the market.
  • zoom03zoom03 Member Posts: 8
    My deal was almost done when Eco-credit was $4500 .

My Dealer tried to add Doc fees of $499 after I agreed to pay $600 over invoice which included maco fees. I did not agree to bogus doc fee & left. ( wasted 2 hrs )

I hate to lose the whole deal but this was unacceptable bogus fee.

Now I lost $1000 in eco-credit but still this bogus fees by the dealer is crazy.

Many members here dont post the whole deal. :surprise:

Please post details with maco fees + any doc fees paid. This will help many who are looking to but this UDM.

Will try another dealer.

Thx
  • akbuyerakbuyer Member Posts: 9
    Looking to start discussions with dealer and would like to hear information as to what to expect on a well equiped (I am a gadget guy) X5 5.0. thanks for your feedback.
    So why is not smart to put money down from our trade in on a lease?

Here is my scenario...2008 Acadia paid off...trade in value of 28000.
    Put Down 20000..making my lease payment $110 with the multiple security deposits..

Why is this a bad scenario? Thanks for your input
  • panizzapanizza Member Posts: 4
    what credit score is needed to get 0.9%. thanks a lot
  • spooky33spooky33 Member Posts: 3
    Are you in NJ? I am looking for a near identical vehicle and your price is about $1,700 better than what i am being quoted. Would love to know what dealership you are buying from if you are in NJ. thanks a lot!!!!
    Can I ask what part of NJ are you in and what dealership you ordered from? I'm looking for something very similar and it sounds like you got a great price. thanks for your help!
  • zoepupzoepup Member Posts: 19
    Did the dealer offer you $28k trade in on a 2008 Acadia? IF so, wow!

I was close to pulling the string on a new Audi and the dealer offered $25k trade in on a 2008 X5 3.0 (loaded and in MINT condition)! Research showed me $37k was reasonable. Needless to say I walked away
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    When you put any money down, if the car is stolen/totaled you would lose those down payments. BMW has MSD (Multiple Security Deposit) that you should put towards with the extra cash which gets all returned to you at the end and it's like 10%+ return.
  • dlebarondlebaron Member Posts: 6
    I recently sold my 530XI and am now lookign to lease an X5 Xdrive 35d with premium, cold weather, sport, etc.. i am on the west coast, but dont mind paying a shipping charge if the cost is low enough. Does anyone have a sales rep they could recommend they are happy with and got a great deal?
    Would you mind sending me your sales rep and dealership info. I am looking for an X5 and that soudns like a great deal.
  • zeaxzeax Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Just picked up our new custom built car and it's gorgeous.
    2011 35i SA + Mpackage + convenience + technlogy + multicontour seats + comfort keyless + premium hifi + heated front seats. MRSP $69025 (we ordered it before the $500 bump). Out the door price was $69282 including all the misc fees, floor mats and 6.25% sales tax.
  • nnvaluennvalue Member Posts: 4
    sorry for the late reply. unfortunately, I am not in NJ

I ordered mine at Bill Defouw BMW in Indiana
    nnvalue...

i live in indiana..can you let me know your salesman at defouw..im thinking of getting a bmw x5 either diesel or premium...

my email is boughman@sbcglobal.net

thanks
    wade
  • charles68charles68 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me if I am an idiot to sign off a deal as the following?

- $52,100 for 2011 X5 iDrive 35i Premium with option of multi-contour front seats, heated front seats, including $100 for the cargo cover which I can't really find from list of the options, the salesperson said this is additionally priced as an accessary; sales tax not included yet (7% in NJ);
    - $2500 as deposit paid upfront;
    - The car would be available in 2 weeks but they called me today it may not be available in 3-4 weeks;
    - on top of above I will have to pay document fee $399, NJ license fee $389...
  • bimmervoybimmervoy Member Posts: 13
    Really!...pretty much everyone is custom ordering their new X5, and I don't think there're any 2 alike.
    I found an invoice list somewhere on the web (unfortunately after we got our 2011 X5) but at least I know how much I paid over the invoice ...~$1200 which isn't horrible considering I just went to one sales-guy (who I could trust) since I didn't have time to shop-till-I-drop over ~$500! (time is $$$) So the INV. on Basic Premium is: $47,470, Multi-C.S.:$1185, and Heat-F.S.:$455. I didn't get the C.Cover either ($350 acces) but at least the s.guy thru-in all-weather floor mats, and I got the c.cover on ebay for $170.
  • popdisplaypopdisplay Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    I had the opportunity to work with Karen Smith @ Albany BMW in GA.
    USAA referred me to this dealership as thay have an arrangement on pricing.

USAA members pay invoice + their $499 doc fee. PLUS, Albany BMW is outside of the Atlanta BMW advertising region-- Meaning that there is no MACO fee on the invoice. Compared to the Atlanta based BMW dealership that also has the USAA affiliation, it was like buying the car for $400 BELOW INVOICE. Also, they apply the $3500 Eco Credit before tax is applied. So between the absent MACO $400 fee, the Eco Credit of $3500, and the federal tax credit of $1800, I will effectively be paying $5700 below invoice.

While I don't know for sure if Albany BMW will sell at invoice to everybody, the absence of the $400 MACO fee is a great savings all by itself. If you're buying from an Atlanta based BMW dealership, save yourself $400 and head to Albany, or better yet, take care of all the paperwork over the phone/internet and then go to Spartanburg to pick up your X5 at the factory.
  • charles68charles68 Member Posts: 2
    I guess I am a bit over paying the vehicle when I look at deals you guys concluded.

I signed it on 10/18 and on that day they added $500 to MSRP that day meaning from $51600 to $52100 for the Premium, and I ended up paying $1500 above the new invoice price with option of Heated F.S. and multicontour F.S..

I didn't mention I trade in my 2007 Audi A4 Avant at 49k miles, they gave me $19000 for that.

I guess I am an idiot, but learning from you guys. Thanks.
  • popdisplaypopdisplay Member Posts: 4
    Order your car from Albany BMW. They do not have the $400 MACO charge on their sticker price. Talk to Karen.
  • x5searcherx5searcher Member Posts: 8
    I know this is not good place to post this one, but I need your help and input.
    I just bought a 2010 X5 35d and love it. The problem I have noticed is that there is a strong plastic burning odor coming out the right fender after it runs for a few miles. I could not detect that from the inside the car, but only smelled from the outside when I got out the vehicle, even I could see the smoke and felt heat on the fender, but I have not seen any fire and physical damage to the tubing, cables and metal parts. I have noticed twice. The first time was at about 100 mileage. I called the dealership who stated it is quiet common for a new car which burns chemicals used for making the car. Now the X5 has run slightly over 400 miles. Do you have seen the same problem and any suggestions. Greatly appreciated.
    Hi - I have a 2010 X5 35d and had the same exact experience. I called the dealership and they weren't much help. Then the smell just went away on its own after about 500 miles and never returned. it seems like it was just part of the new car breakin. Good luck
    Thanks for reply. I took a look again and found a piece of plastic material on the metal bar, tightly stick to each other. The plastic is melting and is difficult to get rid of. At least I can say that may be the cause. If it is the case, the odor will eventually go away once the plastic is totally burned down. I will wait and see what happens. Thank you again.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Hi, This is a normal thing, also happened to my last 2 new cars.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email pr@edmunds.com asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Again, my X5 35 d just passed 500 miles. I do not smell the plastic burning odor and will continue to monitor.
    One more issue is that the warning sign shows up which is Top View Camera Malfunction. Any input and suggestion? Please help! Thanks in advance.
  • ebtstestebtstest Member Posts: 1
    premium pkg, rear climate pkg, tech pkg, 3rd row seat, running board.

MSRP $61,775, final price is $53,921 + tax + $154 doc + $194 registration fee.

it's basically 2000 off the MSRP - $3500 Eco - $2500
    Dealer has to order the car
  • radhayradhay Member Posts: 17
    This is what I am quoted in CT. Prem package, 3rd row seat, heated front seats, roof rails. MSRP $58375 , Offered price $50,597 - $2500 = $48097 Conv fee= $399 + reg= 100 + tax.

Do you know how long it takes for delivery after ordering? I am hoping to buy the car by end of year to qualify for tax credit of $1,800.
  • dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2010
    Received the following quote from a dealer and was wondering if Carman or anyone else could shed some light on the following deal:

2011 X5 35i Premium
    -Convenience Package
    -Cold Weather Packaged
    MSRP 56,125 (Invoice 52,170)
    Price 53,600
    Taking advantage of the Holiday Credit so final price $51,100 +tax, title, &licensing.
    Inclundes full tank of Gas, floor mats, & $50 towards parts.
    Financing through BMW for 3.9%/72 months.

I appreciate the input.
    I ordered the following earlier this month. It is set to be built over thankgiving and i should have the 1st of December. I ended up paying Invoice, then BMW gives you $3500 off for diesel, and another $2500 off for Holldiay cash incentive. Since its a diesel i also will get the 1800 federal tax credit. This takes a 70K msrp price to low 50K. I worked through a broker based out of colorado.

Sport Activity Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Technology Package
    20" Light-alloy wheels Y-Spoke (style 214) with mixed run-flat performance tires
    Comfort Access system
    Heated rear seats
  • marcohl9marcohl9 Member Posts: 2
    Seems like a good deal to me. Where are you located? Please share more details. Thx!
    email this guy JHowell@1ClickAutoBrokers.com, he can help you.
    edited November 2010
    You have a great deal there. Do you know if we need to order the X5 35d before the end of year or take delivery by then to get the $1,800 tax credit?
  • akbuyerakbuyer Member Posts: 9
    where are you getting an X5 for $6K under invoice, I want one...

thanks,
  • kitkat14kitkat14 Member Posts: 16
    I'm being quoted at $800 over invoice plus $500 Maco/adv fees. The dealer claims that the Maco and profit are absolutely non-negotiable? Has anybody gotten their dealer to waive the Maco and negoitated a lower profit?

Also, has anyone order from Albany BMW (talked about above) from out of state?
    Located in Chicagoland. In addition to the price, the dealer is buying my existing owners choice 528xi so I am saving an additional 2k in tax savings. Placed the order and should take delivery within 4 weeks.
  • markofsjcmarkofsjc Member Posts: 1
    I was pretty resigned to purchasing a medium loaded X5 diesel through local dealer when, for giggles, I filled out a inquirey to CarsDirect.com. Huge savings.

2011 X5 diesel
    Prem Sound
    Prem Package
    Tech. Package
    Sport Activity Package (with 20" wheels)
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Rear Climate
    Rear Heated Seats
    Heads Up Display
    Side View Camera
    Roof Rails
    3rd Row Seat

$72 MSRP for $60,495 + $55 document fee, tax & registration -- Hard to believe, but I pick it up next week!

This is $5k under the dealer, who didn't have Heads Up, Premium Sound or the 3rd Row Seat. And we managed to avoid the running boards, which really are horrible if you're over 5' 10" (expecially when exiting the vehicle!).
  • rookie06rookie06 Member Posts: 5
    Why not also mention if you had a trade-in on this offer so others dont think they can easily come across the same deal elsewhere
  • les25les25 Member Posts: 1
    If you have only 2 options why not chose the base model with the same options but $5k lower invoice price?
  • companyman21companyman21 Member Posts: 9
    2011 X5d
    MSRP 61,475
    Selling price 55,604
    36 mo/15K
    residual 54%
    money factor .0022
    2855 due at signing(TTL + first payment)
    payment 766/month

This will be my first lease of a car of any kind, so any and all suggestions would be helpful. This price includes the 3500eco & 2500 holiday cash. I want the payment a little lower, or at least a significant decrease in drive off fee. There is also a 169 processing fee already included in 55,604. Is this deal terrible? Invoice on edmunds.com is 56,540.
    I wanted leather and the base model only offers the leatherette. Also wanted the privacy glass, panoramic moonroof among the other upgrades with the premium vs. the base. Not interested in paying 50k for a "lighter" version when the premium has what I am looking for.(i.e. cold weather package and the convenience packages offer more in the premium than whats offered in the base packages).

I also decided to add in the technology package once the dealer said that they will buy my owners choice vehicle at lease end and was going to save roughly another almost 2k in sales tax.

Will post the final details once the order is placed and I receive the rest of the information. This will be my 5th BMW from same dealer and salesperson, and it makes a difference when you are able to call and not play games between dealers.
    Any help at all? See above lease deal. Am I missing something?
    I am not familiar with lease part of the deal however the selling price seems high to me considering that the 6k credit is already factored into the selling price. So excluding the credits your price is more than MSRP ?
    I have received quotes in NY and CT for 500 under invoice excluding the credit. So it would be 6k less than invoice even if they roll the MACO(adv fee) and training fees into the invoice.
  • marcohl9marcohl9 Member Posts: 2
    Please do post the details once you have it, I'm in the market for something very similar to what you ordered. Thanks!
    No, basically the salesman and I built the X5 I wanted which came to a MSRP of 61475. He then said the price you would pay with incentives is 55435. There is also a 169 processing fee added to this making it 55604. When building on Edmunds.com MSRP is 61475 & invoice is 56540. So your saying I should be some 6000 less than invoice with incentives? And people are getting these deals on a constant basis? What dealer is this and located where? I quoting from a dealer in Oklahoma where there is virtually no competition.
  • e_thereale_thereal Member Posts: 17
    If you are getting $6000 total eco + holiday cash off the car, then your price without any discounts would be $55475!
    You say that you are paying $55604-I believe you are being ripped off!