Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• scpowscpow Member Posts: 9
    Please let me know how I did.

Conven Pkg
    running boards
    multi contour seats
    carpet floor mats
    cargo shade
    wheel lock lug nuts

total was $56,289 plus tax/tag/title
  • greg157greg157 Member Posts: 4
    scpow,

Hi. I've priced the X5 premium pkg at close to 4 dealerships in nj and $52,755 is a low price, even w/o additional upgrades. The premium pkg also includes many options so you don't need to add much more. If you don't mind, can you give me the name of the dealership in SW Ct?

Greg
    scpow,

I read my dates wrong. I didn't see your 5/29 posting. With all the upgrades you got, that's a great all-in cost. Please let me know what dealership you went with. Thx.

Greg
  • ttopper1ttopper1 Member Posts: 18
    If you are paying for all the options at invoice not retail pricing that's good. Plus, if you are paying $500 to $1000 over invoice that's about as good as you can expect.

Another option is use a broker like
    A-1 click in Denver....they have options for dealers all over the U.S.

Hope this helps a little....
    ttopper1,

Thanks for responding to me a week or so back. Take a quick look at this if you can. This is the deal I have in place. Let me know if you what you think, good bad or indifferent. Thanks.

Car: BMW X5 xDrive35i
    Exterior: Space Grey Metallic
    Interior: Black Nevada Leather
    Trim: Dark Burl Walnut
    Options: Convenience pkg, comfort access (included/no charge), Nav System,
    3rd row seat
    Term: 36 months, 10,000 miles per year
    MSRP: $59,175
    Residual Value %: 60%
    Invoice: 55,000
    Money Factor: .00185
    Bottom line Lease Payment: $708.96
    Money Down at signing: $3,997.39

Money Down includes the following:
    $708.96 (first months payment)
    $1,786.68 (upfront sales tax)
    $725.00 (Acquisition fee)
    $227.00 (DMV fees)
    $275.00 (Doc fee)
    $224.00 (NJ Luxury tax)
    $50.75 (Tax on fees)
  • ttopper1ttopper1 Member Posts: 18
    Looks good and the numbers work. Do it!
  • gfish49gfish49 Member Posts: 27
    Hello - we priced a 2011 BMW X5 35D with the following options:

Combox Controller
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Ipod & Usb Adaptor
    Roof Rails
    Self-Leveling Suspension
    Heated Rear Seats
    Satellite Radio
    Technology Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Dark Bamboo Wood Trim

MSRP: $62,1257
    Selling Price: $54,500

Is this a good deal or should we be doing better? We are comparing to the Mercedes ML350 Bluetec and Lexus RX450h. Thanks for the help.
  • kenkidkenkid Member Posts: 1
    I have negotiated a deal on '11 X5d for $500 over dealer invoice (including the $3,500 eco credit) which normally I'd be very pleased with. However, I know from several sources that the dealer will also earn a $1,600 +/- dealer holdback credit bringing their net profit up to $2,000+, well above what they should earn on any car. But several buying web sites suggest that dealers will not share in this credit and that it's off the table. Is this true or should I push harder?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,268
    BMW doesn't have dealer holdback...

They do have customer service bonuses, etc.., but, it's doubtful you can deal on any of that money.. $500 over invoice, minus the $3500 Eco-credit is a pretty good price, IMO....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2011
    Hello - I was curious of what you thought of my deal two posts up? (1911)

In your most recent post are you saying a good deal would be close to invoice, and the $3500 Eco credit, which would make it much less than invoice?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,268
    Yeah... Invoice + $500 - $3500 = Good deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks - truecar.com shows that I am getting the car at $3000 off invoice. So, guess is a good deal. Appreciate the help!
  • rmccall95rmccall95 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a 2007 X5, 4.5. Hoping to come to terms, and buy soon. Will be replacing a 2004 MDX. Was very impressed with a test drive today. Already own 2 other BMWs, so have expectations about reliability, quality, etc.

Any issues specific to this model that I should know?
  • ajcohenajcohen Member Posts: 16
    Titanium Silver Metallic
    Black Nevada Leather
    Brushed Aluminum Trim
    added Convenience Package ZCV
    added M Sport Package ZMP
    added 3rd Row Seat 4UB
    added BMW Apps 6NR
    MSRP $66,125
    Sales price $62,175
    plus $1,000 rebate for attending Red, White and Blue event
    Total sales price $61,175
    Great experience and service. What do you guys think? Good deal?
    Thanks,
    AJ
  • westonmawestonma Member Posts: 2
    Hi Aj,

Could you please share how to attend Red, White and Blue event? I live in MA.

Thanks
    Westonma
  • westonmawestonma Member Posts: 2
    Platinum Grey Metalic
    Tobacco Nevada Leather
    added Convenience Package
    added 3rd Row Seat 4UB
    added running board

MSRP $61,925
    Sale price $58,400

Negotiated price for $500 above invoice price. Read from truecar website the factory invoice should be $57,180, breakdown as base car $50,415, option $5,690, local ad $200, destination $875.

The dealer showed invoice price $57,900. Charge more than $300 for floor mat and detailing. Is it true that floor mat and detailing charged additionally? Is it a good deal if we go with their invoice price?

Thanks
    Westonma

Thanks,
  • nyinjanyinja Member Posts: 10
    I've had my 2011 35i Sport for a few months now - and am not happy with the running boards. They are not really wide enough to use, but just wide enough to hit your leg when you are getting in and out. Several people have mentioned this when they rode in my vehicle. Recommend you take a look at an X5 with the boards and decide for yourself....
  • ctsoxfan2ctsoxfan2 Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2011
    Just negotiated a price of $600 over invoice on a X5 35d before ECO Credit, so net $2900 under invoice. Also got them to go about $500 over the highest offer I had gotten on my trade, so I think I came out pretty decently.

X5 35d premium, tech, cold wx
  • ctsoxfan2ctsoxfan2 Member Posts: 38
    Not sure if you pulled the trigger on this yet, but I would definitely stay away from the Lexus. I am trading in my 2010 RX350 to get a X5. I really wasn't happy with the performance of the car, it is much too soft of a ride and isn't great handling. In addition, I would characterize the snow performance as poor.

If you like in a warm climate and want a cruising vehicle (think Cadillac), then it would be a good choice. if you want a "driver's car", or live in a snow area, i would stay away

Just my .02 from almost 3 years of driving experience.
  • newbmrnewbmr Member Posts: 26
    I am looking at pulling the trigger on a 2011 X5 3.0 Premium that was used as Executive car. Please tell me if this is a good price or I should try to get additional discount or go for a 2012 comparable.

Specs
    3.0 Premium
    Bronze Metallic with Cinnamon Brown interior

Convenience Pkg
    Cold weather pkg
    Tech pkg
    Running boards
    Miles: 16,000

MSRP: $59,725
    Invoice: $54,995

Dealer's 'final offer price': $49,000 i.e. $6k below invoice.

The vehicle looks great, visually, with no visible scratches or dents. The detailed vehicle history report has only two entries: QCI Spot Delivery with 2 miles recorded and 15k Engine Oil Service on 3/25/11 at 15, 073 mile mark.

Question: Is this a good deal? Or, do you think I could get better/ comparable deal on 2012 for a comparably equipped X5?

Many thanks in advance! I would like to buy tomorrow.

Regards,
    newBmr
  • mikerbikermikerbiker Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at leasing a 2011 X5 35d. I've been quoted different money factors and residuals from different dealers. Please help.

I'm considering either a 10,000/mi or 12,000/mi lease.

Also, are there any loyalty incentives?

I'm aware of the eco credit.

Thanks in advance.
  • pilotnewbiepilotnewbie Member Posts: 8
    I am about to endavor into ordering a 2012 X5. I leased a 135i from the same dealer 3 years ago. At that time I only got $1000 MSRP. The salesman said that's about all I could expect. IS this true? What can I expect now days. Also what is the best way to compute dealer invoice for the exact configuration I am ordering. I plan to order the diesel. Supposedly there is still $3500.00 eco credit. Do they take this off the final price or is like some kind of rebate I get after the fact. I've been to the dealership several times. The X5d's that I am looking at sticker at about $64K. Think an offer of $60K out the door (including tax and fees) would be insane? Then does ecco come off that price??
  • beaming1beaming1 Member Posts: 17
    Hi!

We are getting ready to order an X5 and pick it up at the Performance Center in Spartenburg, SC. Did you get that pricing on an order or on a car on the lot? Our dealership is saying the most they will give us is $1000 off MSRP. What dealership did you deal with? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    beaming1
  • beaming1beaming1 Member Posts: 17
    Hi

Was this ordered or off the lot? We want to order one with the same options you have minus the M package but we will pick it up at the performance center in SC ;) . The dealer here in FL only will give us $1000 off MSRP. Where did you order yours from?

Thanks for your help!

beaming1
  • goluckigolucki Member Posts: 4
    Made an order for 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium, last weekend.

Shappire Black Exterior
    Sand Beige Nevada Leather
    Light Popular wood trim
    Convenience Package
    Active Ventilated Seat Package
    Premium hi-fi system
    3rd Row Seat
    Running Boards
    Automatic High beams
    BMW Apps
    All seasons mat
    iphone adapter

MSRP - $65233
    Selling Price - $60675 + TTL

dive out $65345

What do you guys think about the numbers?
  • rags4026rags4026 Member Posts: 17
    You were able to bring down the price by $4550. That sounds like a pretty good deal. Which dealership/city was it?
  • bobdole409bobdole409 Member Posts: 4
    I would go lower. I recently placed an order for mine and got about 10K off MSRP.

I purchased:
    Tech. Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Rook Rails
    Smart Phone Integration
    BMW apps
    Ipod connector
    Side view camera
    comfort access
    multi-contour seats

The MSRP was $64,025 and I paid $54,300. This price included $3,500 eco credit, $1000 BMW loyalty, $1000 for BMW Olympic drive and $4225 discount. This car was not on the lot and was built to order. It should be ready in the next 2 weeks
  • carobsessedcarobsessed Member Posts: 45
    You were able to order a 2012 X5d or was it a 2011?
  • rags4026rags4026 Member Posts: 17
    Eco-credit is generally given for diesel vehicle right? So you must be talking about x5 35d. It also looks like you ordered a 2011 X5 as there is no premium package any more, In either case, which dealership/city was it?
  • md_boymd_boy Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, first post here. I'm glad I found this thread; I was about to pick up a brand new 2011 X5 Diesel tomorrow AM. The sticker is about $66k and I'm getting it out the door for, inclusive of the eco-credit for $64k - including (6%) tax, title, fees, etc.

I was told the invoice is around $62k and I'm getting $1k below invoice at $61k (inclusive of the eco-credit). So, the deal is an even $64k.

Can I do better than this? Are there any other credits/rebates I should ask for? My family has been dealing with this dealership for about 15 years now.

Thank you in advance and any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Wow - that is a great price! The most I have been able to get off msrp is $6500 to $7600. MSRP was between $63,235 and $64,235. Wish I could do that well.
    Houston, TX
    Sounds like 2011 model. Still that's a great deal. Where did you get this at?
  • bmwman4bmwman4 Member Posts: 1
    I would also like to know the dealership where this was purchased ...it is the best deal I ever heard of and I have had 2 x5s and an x3.
  • gurvygurvy Member Posts: 6
    2 different 2011 X5diesel vehicles from same dealer in NY. both not there and will need to be trucked over. Let me know any comments. Thx.
    #1:
    Sport pkg
    Sport Activity pkg
    Cold weather pkg
    Premium pkg
    Rear climate pkg
    Tech pkg
    running boards, roof rails, heated rear seats,sat radio, smart phone integration with adapter, BMW apps.

Quote: $57,985 (MSRP $65,575). This includes the $3500 credit plus the $1000 owner loyalty credit. TTL is extra.

#2:
    Sport pkg
    Sport Activity pkg
    Cold weather pkg
    Premium pkg
    Premium sound pkg
    Rear climate pkg
    Tech pkg
    comfort access key
    3rd row with climate control
    running boards, roof rails, heated rear seats,sat radio, smart phone integration with adapter, BMW apps.

Quote: $62,035 (MSRP $69,875). This includes the $3500 credit plus the $1000 owner loyalty credit. TTL is extra.
  • jnghiem005jnghiem005 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a 2012 X5 w/ Sport Activity package.

Jet Blk w/ oster or black leather
    Convenience Package
    Running Board

MSRP $61,975.00
    Invoice: $57,050.00

THis will be my first bmw, and looking to finance. ANy of you guys help me out on what price I should negotiate with? I'm thinking $58K, or do you guys think I can get it any lower?
    I'm sorry for the delay. It was a 2011 X5d. I purchased it at BMW of the Main Line (Philadelphia area). Ask for Bruce.
    I'm sorry for the delay. It was a 2011 X5d. I purchased it at BMW of the Main Line (Philadelphia area). Ask for Bruce.
    I'm sorry for the delay. It was a 2011 X5d. I purchased it at BMW of the Main Line (Philadelphia area). I worked with Bruce.
  • nedster1nedster1 Member Posts: 2
    Trying to figure out if this is a good price for a new 2011 X5 35d. Here are the details:

2011 X5 xDrive 35d
    Titanium Silver Metallic
    Black Nevada Leather
    Dark Burl Wood Trim
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Sport Activity Package with 19" style 335 wheels and all-season tires
    Multi-contour Seats
    Technology Package
    Roof Rails
    Running Boards
    BMW Apps
    BMW All Weather Rubber Floor Mats
    Destination & Handling

MSRP = $66,299. Dealer willing to sell for $57,800 plus TTL. Seems like a great price since they are just about done making the '11s and the '12s are going up in price. Any input?
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Member Posts: 202
    edited August 2011
    $8500 under MSRP is a good price. Congrats!

I have a 2010 X5d Ti silver and love it.
  • drive2alotdrive2alot Member Posts: 4
    Looking at a new 2011 X5d that the dealer has come down to Edmunds True Market Value. We keep telling them they still need to take the Eco Credit $3500 + the BMW loyal customer $1000 off this price. TMV is $59,847. Our principle for the trade is $6160. So we see the price at $49,689. The dealer says Eco Credit is NOT a manufacturer to customer incentive but a manufacturer to dealer incentive and that is part of how Edmunds gets to their TMV of $59,847. They have countered w/ TMV minus BMW loyal customer minus trade equity. For a final price of $52,687. We have another dealer, over an hour more away, who says the Eco Credit comes off the TMV and is willing to order the car for $50,435. We would end up waiting 8 to 10 weeks for the new car and be over 2 hours from our house for servicing.
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Member Posts: 202
    Balony. Call BMW NA and have them fax you the eco credit policy for your pig dealer.
  • gurvygurvy Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    Thats bull. I just got quoted a price of 56,000 that includes the Eco Credit of$3500 and a $1000 for being a owner of another BMW. The dealer u are working with is taking u to town since he has come down to TMV. I had another dealer tell me the same thing in NJ and I walked away from him and went with the other dealer i used before. If u go to Truecar.com and build it there, that will give u an idea of what the car should be worth, including the incentives.
  • nedster1nedster1 Member Posts: 2
    I agree with the other responses....this dealer is looking to make a handsome profit off you. You can always buy from the dealer with the better price and then take your new car for service to the closest dealer...no need to take the car back to the dealer from which you purchased it.
    So I did call BMW USA who song and danced me before sending me to the BMW Financial department after stating they are unable to answer or provide the BMW Eco Credit details. I am now on hold w/ BMW financial who also seems totally confused and unable to give any details of the program.

BMW financial states they have no way to even look at the incentive programs. As each BMW dealership is independantly owned, it is completely up to them how they incorporate/use the Eco Credit Program or any other BMW incentive program.
    I am somewhat disappointed with my dealership but am moving forward w/ this purchase of a 2011 x5d. This is the 2nd x-5, the SECOND, x-5 I have bought from them in LESS THAN 2 YEARS and they treat me like this.

The attitude to me, maybe I live in a dream world, should be, Hey Glenn, look at this. We can save you even more money on your 2nd BMW because these credits are also available. Rather than me scraping and arguing for every dollar less. I guess its profit profit profit.

I mean I'm sure the business is down for all car sales. And I have no problem with them making a REASONABLE PROFIT. MY trade is a 2009 w/ 23k miles. I walked around the lot and saw OLDER used BMW x-5's w/ more miles and less options selling for $59K. They are giving me 37k after a huge struggle. My understanding is that dealerships profit is from more from the used car business. and life goes on.

Anyways, wife is happy and looking fwd to new car w/ new options and features. I'm looking fwd to the Premium Sound w/ amp and subs!! Life is too short to be pissed off!!!
  • kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    MSRP to Invoice is roughly 8%. Your eco credit should reduce your invoice by 3500. The difference between that and what you agreed to buy the car at (Selling price) should be ur dealers "profit". From what I see $1000 profit is the norm for this model. This is ofcourse before taxes :surprise:
  • kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    Wanted to add a little more:
    What your dealership told you the invoice price of the car is incorrect in their favour. Check edmunds and spec out the car with the options and invoice pricing and print it and give it to them! Here's what I see;
    MSRP 64,000
    Invoice 58,816 (-8%)
    Eco Credit -3,500
    selling price 55,316 (this is the true cost)
    Include 6% tax 58,634
    Since I do not know what the dealer fees, and tag and title cost are in ur area I'm going to say all that is dealer profit. dealer fees are usually around 600~700 and tag and title should be just 30~50 max. What they are selling you the car is for 64,000. The difference (dealer profit+fees) is $5365! Do you still think its a good deal? :confuse:
    Well our dealer really came thru for us. We could have driven another hour and dealt w/ a dealer 2 hours from home and saved approx $2500. Decided just to stick w/ our local dealer, who has always provided great support, loaner cars, biscotti's in the lounge, fresh ground coffee machine, snacks, water, sodas. A class act.

But just love the difference between the 2009 and the 2011. Man oh man did they make some GREAT improvements. Especially all the iDrive controls. But the REAL highlight is the upgraded stereo system we got, 16 speakers and subwoofers, Mannnn it kicks.