Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• s2kromas2kroma Member Posts: 9
    I'm also in chicago. will call him tonight. thanks
  • cartman503cartman503 Member Posts: 24
    Anyone getting holiday, build out, loyalty or other credits on 2014s? My dealer is telling me $1500 over invoice is best they can do (includes loyalty credit).
  • dylan7dylan7 Member Posts: 2
    got $1,700 over invoice - $1,000 loyalty. End result $700 over invoice.
  • pv67pv67 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Dallas and all three dealers said they can not give more than $1000 off the MSRP. The difference between my MSRP and Invoice is $4,480 and i can only get $1,000 off of that. The reason is demand and supply. They only have 3 slots to build a custom and if they run out then they would need to swap with some one else.

It is hard to get the delivery before Christmas. Two of them have clearly said that they can not deliver before January.

I guess in that situation will have to take whatever discount they are willing to offer as it is currently a sellers market for the 2014 X5.
  • randyjsrandyjs Member Posts: 9
    Hey All,

Looking for numbers and incentives on a 2013 x5d for 15kmiles/yr. What are the residuals and MF on this vehicle? Also, what incentives are available: Loyalty, Turn Key, Eco, Option/BuildOut?

2013 x5d with 10k miles on it (its an exec demo car so it can be leased)
    MSRP: 68,825
    Sale Price: 57,900 - not negotiated
    Tech, Sport PCKG, Premium, 3rd row seat, Cold Weather, Activity PCKG, Running Boards
  • xshixshi Member Posts: 1
    Hey All,

Is below deal good? Dealer wouldn't go any lower. Let me know if i should pull the trigger

13XI X5 xDr35d
    A52 Space Gray Metallic
    LUSW Black 'Nevada' Leather
    ZCW Cold Weather Package
    248 Heated Steering Wheel
    464 Ski bag
    496 Heated rear seats
    502 Retractable headlight washers
    ZPP Premium Package
    319 Universal garage-door opener
    322 Comfort Access keyless entry
    3AH Rear View Camera with Top View
    417 Rear manual side window shades
    4NA Interior mirror with compass
    4NB 4-zone automatic climate control
    609 Navigation system
    615 Online Information Services
    620 Voice-command
    6UH Real Time Traffic Information
    220 Self-leveling suspension
    328 Aluminum running boards
    346 Chrome line exterior trim
    4AZ Dark Bamboo wood trim
    4NC 3rd row seat climate control
    4UB 3rd row seat
    655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
    6AA BMW TeleServices
    6AB TeleService Control

MSRP:64,325
    Sell price: 54925

Monthly payment: 689
    Due at signing: 3000

The price included tax and all other fees.

This is NYC

Thanks!
  • bl2seqbl2seq Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    What are the available colors for 2014 BMW X5? We were told by a dealer today that if we want it in blue, we will have to pay $5000 more. It was shocking to me since blue is such a common color. Just wondering what other people's experiences are.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The 2014 X5 colors are all shades of gray, black and white, except for one metallic brown... There are only 8 colors, and a couple of them are only available with the Msport package..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 911rat911rat Member Posts: 11
    hi you might be able to do better---I got a 67,095.00 x5d with 20 miles on it for 53500 a couple weeks ago....every option about except for third row.
  • ttalki2ttalki2 Member Posts: 3
    What credits did you receive on your deal? I am about to pull the trigger on similar X5d.
    3500 Eco 1000 drive event. 1000 loyalty. 1000 build out
  • ljr37ljr37 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    Can you please share the dealership name.
    The best deal I have been able to find do x5 35i with convince ce package and col weather is 54,500... Msrp is 61,500...
    They won't lower beyond that.
    preston bmw---call Mike sales manager in boardman ohio
    Frustrating. No dealer in chicagoland wants to deal.
    For a 65k msrp, on a 2013 they can only do like 57k.
    Knly reason i would purchase 2013 is for a great deal but now it is almost running out....
    I know....that is why I had to go out of state to get mine.....nobody would deal here.....(in Chicago). it was worth the trip though and those guys were very nice at Preston BMW.
  • tuburonhtuburonh Member Posts: 9
    Well, 57K for a 65K msrp in a BMW is a good chunk of change below invoice, so I wouldn't call it not dealing.
    Didnt the drive event incentive end at 10/31st? The email i received shows that date. Let me know if i am talking about something else. Thanks for your help
  • mpatel43mpatel43 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a price quote from a dealership offering $67,000 and a free clear Bra installed on the front of the car the MSRP is $70,300. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • eric3838eric3838 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    We are trying to buy x5 sDrive 35i with these options below.
    1. X5 sDrive35i .................msrp $52800
    2. Premium package ..........$2700
    3. Rear-view camera...........$400
    4. Concierge services..........$250
    5. Metallic paint..................$550
    6. Destination and handling..$925
    So, total comes out ............$57,625

And we negotiated down to $55,110.. Did we make a good deal on this? We are going to the deal to buy it with this price...do you think we could take it down more?
  • five04tluvfive04tluv Member Posts: 9
    I emailed a few local (TX) dealerships. Only 2 responded. One said $1k off MSRP and the other was a little more. Bottom line is there are none sitting on the lots costing them money yet. Ours is now on order. Good luck.
  • bboozebbooze Member Posts: 34
    For those that have ordered a 2014 X5, I was wondering what the typical lead time is between your order date and the vehicle's delivery?
  • jason7863jason7863 Member Posts: 10
    Buddy, which state/area are you at?
    Hi Dylan7, which state/area are you at? Could you share the dealer's info?
    Hi, I am in North California area and looking for a 2014 X5 for my wife. Does anyone has good price quote from local dealers? I checked two dealers and both of them will only offer MSRP value.
  • bluffmatebluffmate Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2013
    If you can hold off until Dec 9, I can get you hooked up with a North California dealer. Let me know.
    You may contact BMW of Fremont and ask to speak to Peter. He is the General Manager there. If he does not answer, leave a detailed message with your name and number and do share with him that you were referred to him by NATE from SARATOGA. Call back in a day if he does not return your call (maybe he did not get the message). He will take care of you - my reference should get you a figure which you can not find anywhere else. Don't speak to any other sales person unless you have first connected with Peter. On a side note, he is a very trustworthy and straightforward guy with no shady shenanigans so be mindful of this while engaging with him. You want him on your side and don't want to rub him the wrong way.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
    Hi -

Am going to start shopping around just want to get an idea for where I should target an ultimate sales price. I'm in the Chicagoland area but am willing to travel to neighboring states if necessary.

2014 x35i
    Base MSRP $55,100
    Luxury Seats $1,700
    Cold Weather $550
    Aluminum Running Boards $400
    Lighting Package $1,900
    Driver Assist Package $1,400
    Premium Package $2,700
    Harmon Sound $875
    Luxury Line $1,700
    Mocha Interior $1,950
    Sparkling Brown Metallic $550
    Dest Charge $925
    ------------------------------------
    Total MSRP = $69,750

Edmunds True Market Value saying I'd pay ~$68,400. Is that reasonable or could I get more?

Thanks!
    Hi Bluffmate/Nate,

Really really appreciate your message! I would follow your advice and keep you posted here for my progress with Peter!

Best Regards,
    Jason
    Hi Bluffmate/Nate,

I just finished a conversation with Peter, and will visit him tomorrow afternoon to finalize the deal. The price he offered verbally is very reasonable and good! Really really appreciate your help on this!

Best Regards,
    Jason
    Hi Bluffmate/Nate,

We have signed the contract with Peter! As you said, we can tell Peter is a straightforward and trustworthy man! My wife is very pleased with her 2014 X5, really really appreciate your help.

BTW, do you play Texas Hold'em? Do you like bluffing? :)

Best Regards,
    Jason
    Hi Jason,

I apologize for the late response. I have been on vacation with my family in the Caribbean Islands for the past week and a half.

I am happy to know that my reference helped in getting you a good deal. A lot of credit goes to Edmunds and it's moderators for facilitating this exchange. I encourage you to help other edmunds shoppers if you can spare some time by sharing your buying experience, etc.

Also, now that you are a bimmer owner, it is time to sign up on bimmerfest.com to enjoy the BMW ownership to the fullest. If you decide to join, add me as a friend - my ID there is "shogunman". Beware, bimmerfest is pretty addictive - most enthusiasts spend about 30 minutes per day on average (including me). Who know, maybe we could talk cars over single malt at a local bar someday.

If you are looking for lease on any BMW or Jaguar, hit me up. I have good friends in dealerships in the bay area and may be able to hook you up.

PS: I love Texas Hold'em.

Talk soon,
    Nate
  • qthqth Member Posts: 25
    Please share the deal/agree price MSRP/$$ paid for your new 2014-X5 with Peter. Thanks. Jo
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Jason, pls. share your deal with Peter?

How much invoice +$$ you got your deal? Was that custom order or you picked from lot?

Thanks
    edited December 2013
    Nate,

Could you send me BMW dealers contacts? I'm looking to lease 2014 X5.

my email is abhi_2003 at hotmail dot com

Appreciate it!

Thanks
    AK
    Here is what I got:
    2014 X5 xdrive
    after all the configurations, the MSRP is $61500. I called three local BMW dealers and the best price I got it is MSRP-$750 due to a long waiting list for this new/hot 2014 X5. In addition, we need to take the one in their inventory instead of a customized one as we want.

So, I visited the dealer and met the general manager Nate referred, and he gave us MSRP-$2750 before tax without any negotiation. I am not clear about the invoice price of this vehicle, and probably my contract is not better than others in different area (I am in Silicon Valley area).

BTW, we took a 72-month loan at 2.9% with $5000 down.
    edited December 2013
    It's close to 4.5% off of MSRP.

Not bad, but in CA all deals are made Invoice+$500 or worst case invoice + $1000 that is equal to 6% of MSRP.

For invoice prices you can look here at Edmunds.com then build your car or carprices.com. Usually invoice price is ~7% of MSRP.

All dealer will say due to heavy demand blah blah..its all BS. If you want your custom built car, then wait for 1-2 months.

Check xbimmer.com and bimmerpost.com forum.

My deal is invoice + $500 + wheel locks including. that is 6.5% of MSRP.

dealer is century west, talk to Chris. Check his email on their website.
  • ny2cany2ca Member Posts: 9
    mine was about 7 weeks as the dealer was able change a vehicle on their allocation sheet. Since then, I understand that allocations are becoming more difficult due to increasing demand.
    So went to the dealer today to buy a '14 X5. Process was fine we were happy with everything. As we were signing the paperwork the salesperson asked us how we were going to finance the purchase. I stated we would be paying cash. At this point she started rambling about BMW wanting to prevent exports to China and whether we would be willing to instead get a loan - even if we paid it off right away - to make sure the dealer is covered. I have never heard of any such thing in my life. I said I would have to think about it but I'm now sitting here wondering if this some crazy ruse and if so I'm not going to give them the final okay to go into production.

Any thoughts appreciated.

@bbooze said:
    So went to the dealer today to buy a '14 X5. Process was fine we were happy with everything. As we were signing the paperwork the salesperson asked us how we were going to finance the purchase. I stated we would be paying cash. At this point she started rambling about BMW wanting to prevent exports to China and whether we would be willing to instead get a loan - even if we paid it off right away - to make sure the dealer is covered. I have never heard of any such thing in my life. I said I would have to think about it but I'm now sitting here wondering if this some crazy ruse and if so I'm not going to give them the final okay to go into production.

Any thoughts appreciated.

That's BS.

check xbimmer or bimmerfest forum. There are tons of people buying X5 with cash. I know 3 people in my city who bought X5 with 100% cash 2 weeks ago.

• firstbmw_gafirstbmw_ga Member Posts: 15

Hello All,

Wondering if you can guide me as I'm looking to buy an X5 (2013) with 7800 miles

Here are the options on this x5

• x5 x35i
    • Convenience package
    • Cold weather
    • Technology
    • Running boards
    • 3rd row seats
    • Satellite radio + BMW apps
    • Space Gray metallic exterior
    • Sand beige nevada interior

Based on the info dealer provided MSRP is $65,050, offering for $52,500 +fees+tax (a discount of $12,500 for 7800 miles)

For these options, Edmunds calculates as MSRP of $66,8525, Invoice of $61,475, TMV of $59,488

Hoping if you can guide me on what the price range should be for this car

• Dealer indicated that it is a factory car (probably used by BMW employee), will be sold as a used car (not a CPO), and who ever buys the card would be listed as first owner on the title (not sure if that matters)
    • I offered $48,500, and it was politely declined as being too far off :-)

This will be my first BMW purchase ... Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
    Sam.

• yogeshwyogeshw Member Posts: 3

Can someone help me find a 2013 X5d? Northwest is sold out and I couldn't find it via edmunds/cars search either. Does bmw offer national inventory?
    BMW x5d, 3rd row, panoramic roof are must haves, okay with more options
    18-20% off MSRP, 0.00125 MF, 55%, 7 MSDs looks norm this month.

• johnnylim44johnnylim44 Member Posts: 1

can't read

• beth03456beth03456 Member Posts: 4

@firstbmw_ga said:
    Hello All,

Wondering if you can guide me as I'm looking to buy an X5 (2013) with 7800 miles

Here are the options on this x5

• x5 x35i
    • Convenience package
    • Cold weather
    • Technology
    • Running boards
    • 3rd row seats
    • Satellite radio + BMW apps
    • Space Gray metallic exterior
    • Sand beige nevada interior

Based on the info dealer provided MSRP is $65,050, offering for $52,500 +fees+tax (a discount of $12,500 for 7800 miles)

For these options, Edmunds calculates as MSRP of $66,8525, Invoice of $61,475, TMV of $59,488

Hoping if you can guide me on what the price range should be for this car

• Dealer indicated that it is a factory car (probably used by BMW employee), will be sold as a used car (not a CPO), and who ever buys the card would be listed as first owner on the title (not sure if that matters)
    • I offered $48,500, and it was politely declined as being too far off :-)

This will be my first BMW purchase ... Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
    Sam.

This summer before the 2014's came out I bought a fairly similar vehicle - 2012 with 12000 miles, "previous executive car" with 3rd row, premium, etc. The invoice was $66K or so and I got it for right about $50K and I made them give me roof rails. So I think your deal sounds ok since yours is a 2013 with lower mileage.

• doc123doc123 Member Posts: 1

2014 X5 i35 - Southern California (Thousand Oaks - dealer name Vitale)
    12K miles / 36 months
    MSRP 56,200
    Dealer took $4000 off MSRP = $52,200 + tax + license
    Can finance or lease (Lease would be $600 / month for 35 payments with $5000 down)
    Financing is a better option.

• twatchko01twatchko01 Member Posts: 23

I've been looking for a 2013 X5d and found a dealer (local to me) who has 2. I asked the CA for MF and residual and he was very reluctant to give them to me. I pushed him on the residual and he said "about 50%". Is this true for leftover 2013 X5d's? I qualify for the pull ahead program and really don't want to order (and don't like) a 2014 X5d. Does anyone know what the residual and MF would be? 3yrs/15k miles

@twatchko01 said:
    I've been looking for a 2013 X5d and found a dealer (local to me) who has 2. I asked the CA for MF and residual and he was very reluctant to give them to me. I pushed him on the residual and he said "about 50%". Is this true for leftover 2013 X5d's? I qualify for the pull ahead program and really don't want to order (and don't like) a 2014 X5d. Does anyone know what the residual and MF would be? 3yrs/15k miles

.00130 MF and 50% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• agentbb007agentbb007 Member Posts: 10

Just helped my Grandpa do a build for his 2014 X5 50i, 36 month lease, 10k miles. Here are the numbers we got. FYI we live in Utah. They estimate build should start in early April.

MSRP $80,175
    Negotiated Price: $79,000
    Acquisition Fee $925
    Down Payment: $5,686.73
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $74,238.27
    Money Factor $0.0013
    Residual 60%
    7 Security Deposits for Adjusted Money Factor: 0.00081
    Depreciation Expense: $725.92
    Interest Expense: $99.10
    Monthly Payment: $825.02
    Monthly With Tax: $880.71

BB

• double_adouble_a Member Posts: 5

Looking at a 2013 BMW X5 50i. MSRP 73,220. Dealer price is 65.535 which is a 10.5% discount. Is this a good deal? How much more can I negotiate. Advice would be appreciated.

@double_a said:
    Looking at a 2013 BMW X5 50i. MSRP 73,220. Dealer price is 65.535 which is a 10.5% discount. Is this a good deal? How much more can I negotiate. Advice would be appreciated.

There are obviously some dealer incentives on the 2013 model, because your quote is under invoice. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are. It's possible that they were paid out in cash to the dealer, in a previous month.. I'm pretty sure at one point, there was $1500 dealer cash in the 1st Quarter.

Competitive bids might be the easiest way to find out, but I'm not sure how many 2013 models are out there, still... to choose from.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• double_adouble_a Member Posts: 5

Thanks for the advice. I had heard people saying they were getting 20% off but I was not sure I believed the number. There may be another 1% or two.