Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• peachtree103peachtree103 Member Posts: 182
    Looks like BMW has added a significant amount of "marketing support" to the X5 3.0 and 4.4. I'm assuming this also is taking a bite out of their residual values for the month. Kyfdx, have you seen the September lease programs, and do you have residuals and money factors for 24 and 30 months, 15K miles/year?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Nope... haven't seen the numbers for this month... It is usually the 6th or 7th of the month, before they are widely available on the internet..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    Hi, Mark

I got a fair deal on August 12 2005, for X5 4.4 lease for 39 month at 15000 miles/year, .20 after.
    $700 a month. with zero down. no up front fee, only the first month and the security fee of $675.00 which you can get it back at the end of lease.
    Here's what's on the paper,
    4.4 v8, GPS Navigation, Cold weather package, 6-CD changer, Heated steering wheel,
    sun roof, its like everything except the sport package.
    That was in August, I went to 2 BMW Dealers in NY, one call Bayside BMW in Bayside, and the other one is Life Quality BMW in Brooklyn. I paid for deposit, and my applications went thru for an approval. but both of dealers wouldnt give me the car. They said all the X5 in the usa are sold out. Can you believe that, then I found out, starts September 1, the rate from BMW went up a lot. that's why they are holding the cars. so, I filed 2 complaints to consumer affair againt those 2. and, 2 days ago, I called the BMW of North America, they said the new program just started, that's why the rate is so high. The man told me to wait till the end of october, then the price will drop down to regular. Yesterday, Someone emailed me an internal memo regarding BMW's changing rates for September and November. I deleted my email already, otherwise I would email it to you.
    remember, out of packet is $1475.00 when pick up a car. nothing down.
    So, that's my story
    Dr. William
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    According to this web site - for the month of September BMW is offering a $5,000 cash to dealer incentive. Will be curious to see the leasing programs for September and do some number crunching.

How much under invoice should we be paying now?
  • mib90024mib90024 Member Posts: 8
    Dear Dr.,

Please like to find out the name of the dealership that you mentioned-above. It sounds like really a very good deal for no money down.

Did they give you a lease figure if putting $4K down/how much the month lease is for the same car?

Many thanks.
    I have talked with my dealer;he said it is better for buying the car than lease at this time since the base rate has gone up to .205 to .250 instead of previous .0011 or .00075 it has double itself. So it is a selling market for dealer to get rid of the old BMW stock. Hope the base rate come down in Oct or Nov instead.
    Hi Dr. William,

I have forwarded your info about getting the 4.4i to my BMW dealer;he said the number does not make sense? He said the deal is too good to be true but if you can provide me more info about the dealer so I can contact them. I don't care where I get the car but as long as it is a good deal. Please advise.

Thanks.
  • dreamlanddreamland Member Posts: 7
    Tried again and got the following on an 05 4.4 with premium and sports pkg and 19" wheels.

649 mo with at cap cost of 57000 msrp (59895) plus 825 bank fee that they are bumping the 200.
    they lowered the payment by dropping 1985 off msrp and using a MF of .0011. Also provided me with 12k miles instead of the former 10k on a 39 mo lease.

given the new MF despite the incentives it seems like it may be my best deal now.

waddaya think? without your previous input, I wouldn't have gotten to where I am.

thanks again
    They must be using the August program... maybe, they were able to lock you in, since you were in there negotiating last month...

I think, that even with the new dealer cash incentives, that it would cost more to lease this car under the September program..

$1400 due at inception, right? You better grab this.. $650/mo for a $59K car is pretty good.... It might be $100/mo. higher under the September program..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I went ot the bmwusa web site and tried to calculate the details of their lease special (why don't they ever publish the money factor?). Here's how I derived the $459 figure:

MSRP = $43,670
    Sales price = $39,770 (you pay $2,500 upfront plus they discount the car $1,400)
    Residual = 57% ($43,670 X 0.57 = $24,892)
    Money factor = 0.0012 (came from the X5 leasing forum)

Payment is $459.08 plus tax

The residual value is given in the ad (36 mos 10K miles) - I don't know what the money factor is for September but it was 0.00075 in August. Of course BMW dealers are known for bumping up their money factors so I would wait until I know what the official money factor is.

Now for the same car MSRP of $43,670 has an invoice of $40,030 less the $5,000 cash incentive or $35,030. So I might pay $36-36.5K.
    Correction:

The sales price should be $38,670 (you pay $2,500 up front plus they discount the car $2,500)

Payment is exactly $459
  • dreamlanddreamland Member Posts: 7
    kyfdx-Thank You once again. I will take delivery this weekend and hope for no surprises. Some time ago, you also provided invaluable assistance on an X3 pursuit. Keep up your interest and contributions!!!

Below are the latest published rates that I came across for September to be applied by BMWFS.

X5 3.0i Wagon

24 mo/15k mi – 64% Residual Value – Money Factor .00280 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – 54% Residual Value – Money Factor .00280 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – 44% Residual Value – Money Factor .00280 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – 36% Residual Value – Money Factor .00280 Base Rate
    Hello,
    I have the sales orders in my hand, remember I told earier that I went to 2 different BMW dealer. Because they promise they had instock, then turned none for me neither those 2 dealers, 1 in Bayside NY 11362, and the other 1 in Brooklyn NY 11214. I just don't know how to show them to you. This web site wouldnt allow me to post any email address.
    Just wait til end of September and October. Price will come down. You will be suprised
    Here's a deal advertised in the LA Times (Century West BMW)

2005 X5 3.0 - lease for $396 + tax 36mo/30K

MSRP of $45,020, selling price of $37,532 ($7,488 off MSRP or $1,272 above invoice after $5,000 cash back), cap reduction of $3,000 so total cap cost is $34,532

Using 57% residual and 0.0028 money factor I come up with a payment of $414.95. Not sure how they calculated the $396. Total drive off is $5,168 whcih includes $3,000 cap reduction, $450 security deposit, $625 acquistion, $396 first month payment and $697 of something else - maybe additional cap reduction?
    I'm pretty sure the money factor on that lease is .0025

And, using that factor, the numbers add up....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• schutzhund1schutzhund1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, my local dealer in Ca. also thinks the prices will come down in 30-60 days on the lease. Do you REALLY think so? Will this be a 05 or 06 in your opinion that drops in price? What is a "DEAL" for downpayment on a lease for the 4.4i and monthly payment? My dealer was talking about 5-6K down and a monthly under 600 back in August.
    Yes, the price will come down back to the August price in October for 2006 BWM X5 4.4, And, the prices will be under $600 if tax upfront, 15k per yr.
    The new rate for October is came from internal memo of BMW Usa. Hopefully every one will have what they want.
    :D
    Hi, THANK YOU so much for the information. What do you think the downpayment will be for that lease in Oct.? Does it vary from Dealer to Dealer? When I was talking to them in August, they were talking about me putting something like 5-7K down. That seemed like a lot, but it is a lot of car....

Thank you, Mark
  • cartalkcartalk Member Posts: 147
    Looking at purchasing a new X5. With the new $5,000 marketing support things look pretty good from a timing perspective but obviously want a great deal.

We are considering two X5's with the same equipment (only difference is the non-metallic color).

They both have an MSRP of $48,470 (not sure if destination is included) and have the same equipement: Premium Package (W/On-Board Computer/leather), Rear Climate Package, Automatic Transmission, Xenon Adaptive Headlights.

Looking for a price to offer the dealer on a vehicle.

Thanks.
    There is about a $4K spread between invoice and MSRP at that level...

I'd ask for $8500 off MSRP, and settle for $8K off.... $1000 is plenty of profit on an '05 model.... that they are obviously trying hard to move...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx,

Thanks.

Here's the deal now. The dealer faxed over his invoice that totaled $44,700 including the MACO of $300 and Training Service Fee of $180. The same invoice reveals an MSRP of $48,470 including destination.

So now what should I offer. I offered $40K and he replied that it was unreasonable. How far off am I. BTW, it's Jet Black which is not a preferred color in the desert but it's the only one of the 5 left that doesn't MSRP for over $50K.

BTW, I haven't been on here for a while and noticed the HOST title - congrats!
    Thanks...

I think you are within $500-$700 of a fair price...

Rather than offer a higher price, ask him what he thinks is reasonable, considering the $5K incentive....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could answer my question I wrote on #436.....I would like to be prepared when the time comes. Also, after finding this site and reading so many Q&A, I want to say THANK YOU to the HOSTS and all those who answer or ask all of these very good questions. I hate to say this almost, but, someone could take all these and put it into a book form and I really think it would sell......Thanks again, Mark
  • tpjcourtneytpjcourtney Member Posts: 34
    I was just in talking with a dealer in Colorado and they said the most they had ever given off 3.0 X5's was 1775 plus the 5k Bmw incentive for a total off MSRP of $6775. They, like most Colo. dealers have less than ten '05 - X5's in stock and in his words, "are not worried about getting rid of them". I don't think anyone around here would touch $8k off MSRP, don't know about where your at. Maybe compitition is better in other places.

Since I'm going to lease one and they jacked the rate so high, I am going to wait until Oct. and see if things get better.
    Downpayments aren't requirements for leases... Advertised leases and dealers like to quote lease payments with large amounts of upfront money, because it makes the payments lower, and makes it seem like a better deal...

In fact, you should strive to have your upfront costs be as low as possible.. That way, you know exactly how much you are paying to rent the car...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lup11lup11 Member Posts: 9
    I agree with this. I just completed my X5 3.0 lease with a total of $755 paid at signing (1st month, title, doc. fee). Being a new BMW customer, I paid the extra .00015 to get rid of the security deposit, bringing my monthly cost to 608 per month plus tax on a 49720 MSRP or a total of 7500 off. There may have been a couple hundred dollars left on the table, but in reality each 100 is about $1 in payment.
    tpjcourtney,

I was offered from one dealer (with the $5K incentive) invoice less $2,100. Not a good deal in my book as that's $2,900 for the dealer. Didn't get close with the other dealer either.

I'm very likely going to pass at this time since all the available X5's are black and that doen't suit me here in the desert.

I'm hoping they do what they did with the incentives earlier this year with the 3 series when the new one was coming out. Incentives were better in the early months on the '05 3's in Jan/Feb than they were in September of '04 (when I bought my 3). The only drawback to this is that there are no guarantees and the '07 X5 will be introduced later in the year than the '06 3 series was.

kyfdx, any opinions/insight on this strategy?
  • hsuehhwahsuehhwa Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I'm shopping for a 2005 X5 with automatic transmission, premium package, xenon light, and navigation.

Any color except red/black/green would work.

How much off MSRP in the Los Angeles area should I expect? I've got a quote that's $6K off already.

When will the $5k incentive expire? I think it's a great time to find a bargain.

andy
  • mlock6mlock6 Member Posts: 22
    Hello,
    I have a 2004 530 premium pkg. xenon, rear shades, auto, ready to trade in or sell privately if possible. Dealer in Maryland offered around $36,000 for the trade. The 2005 X5 3.0 has premium pkg., cold weather, leather, heated steering wheel,etc.
    List is $49,720.00
    Offer is $45,200.00
    1. Is this a good deal?
    2. Should I renegotiate and how much more?

Thank you for your reply.
    Mlock6
    There is a $5K dealer incentive on the X5 3.0... Taking this into account, the price you were quoted for the X5 is effectively over MSRP...

I'd say the price should be $3K-$4K less, at least.... though, I have no idea what your trade-in is worth...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jportjport Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for this car in LA too.
    How much did you pay for it finally?
    Thanks
    A maryland dealer offered me $42,500.00 for a X5 with prem, xenon, CW, rear climate, self dimming mirrors, with auto. Is this a good deal? Should I counter offer $42,000.00? They offer $36,000.00 (530i) for my trade in. It has 15,600 miles garage kept.
    Thanks,
    Mlock
    Was that their 1st offer?

I just offered a dealer $8k off an X5 with the same options + nav. over the internet. I will have to ship it though so add $500-700 for that. That will put me only a few hundred under your offer for total price, but they have not accepted yet. I doubt it would hurt to go for the extra $500, just depends on whether you are willing to walk away or if you really want that one.
    I did get them down to 42,100.00 of course without nav. It seems that no dealers in Maryland has the Nav. option available with the 3.0
    Thanks for the info.
    Mlock
    Okay,

The BMW X5 lease problem is back for the 2006 models. Just around $700.
    Here's the details,
    X5 4.4 with Navigation, CD Changer, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, 36months.
    15000 miles/year, no money down. only the first month and security deposit of $650.00.
    Total out of packet $760 + $650+$110 mv fees = $1520.00.
    I think this is good for most of us, just like I told every one in the begining of September.
    Good luck every one.
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    The BMW X5 lease problem is back for the 2006 models.

Lease problem or lease program?
    sorry for the confuse, everyone.
    wrong typo.
    "Programs"
  • rameterrameter Member Posts: 3
    Is this program already in effect? Has anyone been able to take advantage of this yet? We were in a dealership today and he didn't mention any of this (in fact he said that the 3.0 had a money factor of .00155 with a MSRP of $52,520...and we were shopping for a 4.4). Any advice?
    The figures at the bottom are suppose to be the official numbers from BMWFS.

The .00155 is marked up by the dealer. The base rate of .001 equates to 2.4% interest, the .00155 equates to 3.72%. BMWFS allows dealers a .0004 markup of the base rate and you can pay an additional .00015 to have the $625 aquisition fee waived. If you don't want to pay the aquisition fee up front then the .00015 is manditory I believe, but you certainly should be able to talk to them about the .0004 markup since it is all dealer profit.

The MSRP is always used to find the residual value in dollars. You still have to deal over the actual sales price of the vehicle. In a lease you are basically paying for the difference between the residual and the sales price, plus a rental fee (the money factor) for the use of it. Therefore, the sales price can make a lot of difference in your payment.

BMWFS Lease Programs – Effective 10/6//2005

2006 MODELS

Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

X5 3.0i Wagon

24 mo/15k mi – 64% Residual Value – Money Factor .00100 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – 57% Residual Value – Money Factor .00100 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – 44% Residual Value – Money Factor .00280 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – 36% Residual Value – Money Factor .00280 Base Rate

X5 4.4i Wagon

24 mo/15k mi – 61% Residual Value – Money Factor .00100 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – 57% Residual Value – Money Factor .00100 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – 40% Residual Value – Money Factor .00280 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – 32% Residual Value – Money Factor .00280 Base Rate
  • littlebean00littlebean00 Member Posts: 6
    Bought my new 2005 X5 3.0 on the last day of September. MSRP $48,920 + $400 for IPOD = $49,320. Cold, Premium, Rear Climate, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Self Dimming Mirrors, IPOD. Paid $41,500 -- about $7,800 under MSRP and about $1,200 dealer profit.
    Hello,

The dealer must lied to you. BMW F/S money factor is 0.00100 started October 1,2005.
    I think you better look for another dealer, just fire the one asked.
  • jjm2jjm2 Member Posts: 3
    How were you able to get 2005 X5 3.0 Cold, Premium, Rear Climate, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Self Dimming Mirrors for 42+? Can this still be done? What can I expect to pay? I'm interested in same package.
  • cartalk1cartalk1 Member Posts: 13
    Anyone have any idea on how long the current $5,000 dealer incentive on X5's might last. Obviously it's dependent on how many they sell, but is the popular opinion that the incentive might last a couple of weeks or a couple of months?
    Generally, once BMW puts cash incentives on a specific model, they never go away.. Especially at the end of the model year..

Now, BMW may end the incentive, but in that case, almost every dealer will report their cars as sold on the last day of the program, and collect the incentive..

This isn't the case with lease and finance incentives... they can come and go monthly, depending on sales and inventory figures...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• emissionemission Member Posts: 3
    Brand new to this forum - great resource!

I am ordering an X5 4.4i this week and have been searching for a decent deal. We currently own an '03 X5 3.0 that we pay $635/month on lease (36mo/10K/$2500 drive-off).

My local dealer was willing to discount a new X5 4.4i by $2000 off MSRP. I think that is pretty weak... especially after reading dealers have $5000 coming back. Now, I don't think the consumer is entitled to that money (maybe a bit of it), but I do think I should be able to get much closer to invoice!

Are there better incentives offered to cars that are ordered / traded / on the lot? My configuration (White/Truffle) may have to be ordered.
    Is it an 05 or 06? Only 05 X5's have the $5k incentive. I just got off the phone and am struggling to get 2k out of a local dealer. They offered 1500, I countered with 2k and they came back at 1800. I thought 2k was reasonable considering what they want to give me on my trade, about 1k under what I want. Besides that they are adding something to the lease, about $600 to the cap cost + charging an extra $100 on the aquisition fee.

I am leaning toward selling our MDX and then going back. Have an extra car so it won't hurt to try. Figure that will put 2-3k in my pocket. Why is buying a car such a pain. :mad:
    Is there a web site to perform a new BMW search across multiple dealers or within a given range? I hate having to go to each bmw web site and search.
    Got a good deal in Maryland on this X5. Prem and sport pkg, rear climate, auto, self dimming mirrors, MSRP 50,700.00 including mats and 2 tanks of gas. Paid 42,700.00 plus tax and tags.
    What dealer in MD?