Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    My parents leased 2 cars from them in '04. My Dad has an '04 X5 3.0iA that he leased for 39 months in February '04 and my Mom leased an '05 530iA in Late December '04 ($642 per month for 36 months/15K miles per year, it pays to buy during the week between Xmas & New Year's).

I did all the research & negotiating for them. Unfortunately the salesman we worked with is no longer with the dealership. The salesman we are now working with seems to be OK. He agreed to a $1000 over invoice deal without a problem.

I'm going to email some other dealers tonight just to keep him honest.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gailbnygailbny Member Posts: 2
    We've shopped the $1K over invoice and .0023 money factor to five dealers. One will match the price, but no one will match the low .0023 MF. (There's no current BMW F.S. loyalty discount on the MF for x5)
    The new X5 has only been out for about 8 months... Getting a true $1000 over invoice deal might be tough, as you are finding out...

Plus, $1000 isn't much profit on a $50K+ vehicle... For a 3-series, not so bad... I notice that dealers tend to want more of a spread on higher-priced models..

A .0002 bump isn't too bad, if you are getting $1000 over invoice.... though, I like to see all the profit in the price, and base rates on the financing.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

$1K over invoice with base .0023 money factor and $625 Acq Fee. MSRP on my Dad's new X5 3.0si with Premium Package, Sport Package, & Cold Weather Package is $55,225. We ended up paying $52,265 which is $1000 over invoice (Including destination, $180 Training & Service Fee, and $300 MACO.

Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• colimacolima Member Posts: 2
    Louiep,

My order was on April 8th, the first week I started my life in Chicago. Until now, I still dont get my X5 4.8 yet. this Monday, i talked to my sales, and he called BMW NA(seems like), he called me back and said the X5 should be in production next week(the first time seems he was pretty sure). last week, when i went to dealer, he checked online and told me the x5 is in the last status before production,and it should be produced at anytime.

My options are:
    -Active ventelated seat
    -sport package with 20" wheel
    -technology package
    -premium package
    -cold weather package
    -premium sound
    -Ipod Adapter
    -4zone climate ctrl
    -heated rear seat
    -heated front seat
    -running board
    -heads up display
    -comfort access

almost all options except DVD entertainment, 3rd seat, HD Radio.

and right now, i've been waiting for 3 months. if the car is in production next week, and i should get the car in either mid or late August. then, it takes me 4 months to get my 2007 X5, and 2 months before 2008 production. my friends asked other sales person in the same dealer, the guy told them it will take more than 4 months for a 4.8 X5. if I knew all of this(if the sales told me it will take 4 months), I will definitely buy a Range Rover Sport supercharged instead of X5....damn it.

guys, just dont order a BMW in Chicago....it will take a super very long time.
  • vchugo007vchugo007 Member Posts: 7
    What about $2,680 off MSRP for a 2007 X5 3.0 si with premium package, technology package, heated front seats and running boards?

Also, are heated rear seats worth the extra few bucks?

Thanks!
  • jfertljfertl Member Posts: 36
    Has anyone been able to get any significant discounts on the 2007 X5 4.8. I am in the Midwest and have been offered at most $1300. Some dealers are discounting nothing. Thanks.
  • 1v11v1 Member Posts: 9
    King_alii,

I am Socal and shopping around for the x5. Can you send me your dealer's info pls? thx
    Carman or kyfdx: Its my first time leasing a car. This forum has been extremely helpful. Please review the details below and please get back to me ASAP...I am looking to make the purchase today or t'row. I am located in Southern California. I used edmunds.com to get best prices from the dealers in my area.

Thx a lot.

2007 x5 3.0i
    Exterior: Titanium Silver
    Interior: Black w/ Napa Leather and Dark Burl Wood Trim
    Packages: Premium package, rear climate package, Technology Package
    Options: Comfort Access, Heads-up Display, Heated front and rear seats, running boards

MSRP: 58,875
    Dealer's invoice: $54,585
    Invoice price on Edmunds.com: $53,565
    TMV Price: $56,675

Sale price: $55,585

Lease for 36 mth, 15K miles/yr
    Drive off: $2266
    Down Payment: $0
    Monthly Payment: $897, incl. tax
    Money Factor: .0023

Is this a good deal? If not, what should my target nos. be? Which variable has the room for more negotiation? Pls let me know.
    a pretty good deal. .0023 is the base money factor and it looks like your getting the car for $1000 over invoice. Edmunds doeasn't account for the $300 MACO (advertising fee) and $180 Training fee added to all '07 X5s.

My Dad just got a similar deal ($1000 over invoice) to lease a new '07 X5 3.0si.

Thank you very much nyccarguy. I feel much better now.
  • peteandkendalpeteandkendal Member Posts: 2
    Any idea how much discount buying a dealer demo X5 is worth? I'm actually in Switzerland and a dealer here is trying to sell me a 2007 X5, pretty much fully loaded for about 98,000 Swiss Francs or about $81,000. (yes the prices are a lot higher over here I think because of the weak dollar). The car MSRPs for about 110,000 CHF or $91,000. In America, I don't think that would be enough of a discount for a demo car. It has about 2,000 miles on it. It's also a diesel, which means it will last for a long time.

Any thoughts?
  • prymaxeprymaxe Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone! I am about ready to buy a new 07 X5 with nav system, premium package, and front row heated seats. Did anyone in NJ get a great deal and can recommend a dealer. I am going to write a check for her. Also are there any other options that you cant just live without? thanks a lot guys!
  • precisa1125precisa1125 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I just ordered 2007 X5 4.8 with Premium package, Tech pkge, cold weather, and running boards for lease pymt of $920 a month. No money down, including taxes. I went to Difeo in Tenafly. I hope I got a good deal. :)
  • s550iwishs550iwish Member Posts: 28
    In my opinion i think the X5 is overpriced. I went to Desert BMW out here in las vegas and the $59k for a car thats msrp is $45k????? They also didnt have the color i wanted. We told the guy we didnt want the 3rd row seat but he tried to order us one with that and premium pkg and everything under the sun. We just wanted a base 2007 X5 3.0 SAV for under $50k. Instead we bought a 2007 Mercedes Benz ML350. I am very happy. :)
  • s550iwishs550iwish Member Posts: 28
    Hello,
    I just wanted to tell you that $920 a month is a pretty good price for the BMW. BMW will always be overpriced so never think youre going to get a good deal. I hope you like your new X5!!!!! :):)
  • moomoo4moomoo4 Member Posts: 2
    I noticed majority of the postings are "leasing" related, I was thinking of "buying" a 2007 BMW X5 3.0 in Chicago because I've been leasing cars for the last 10 years. Why aren't people "buying" them? If I want a monthly payment of $700 what price and down payment would be expected?
  • kabbalahkabbalah Member Posts: 58
    You can read the details of my deal in the BMW lease question forum. My deal was 2k off sticker plus I was charged only $890 for the towing kit which is usually about 1000-1200. I did the deal over the phone on Wednesday & picked up the car on Saturday.
  • precisa1125precisa1125 Member Posts: 2
    Would anyone know how or where I would find the status of my X5 in production ?
    www.bmwusa.com -> Owner Circle -> open account

Once you've logged in goto, Manage My BMW -> Order Tracking

You will need your production number to open a new account

Hope this helps.
  • xwoogiexxwoogiex Member Posts: 8
    GAILBNY,
    I read your posts on thos forum & other "X5 leasing" forum.
    I saw that u leased x5 at $1000 over invoice & .0023 MF in California.
    May i know which dealership you chose & how much was the down payment??
    I've asked you this question before also... If you read this post PLEASE reply.
    I've gone to most dealerships in Bay area to see if I can get similar deal..most of them either laugh it off...or they match the price but jack up the MF..
    Any negotiations TIPS??
    xwoogiex,

I leased my x5 from Pacific BMW in Glendale. I got $1300 over invoice, $0 down, $2300 drive off fees, $880/mth. This data is for 36 months, 15K miles/yr

Hope this helps
  • chris94chris94 Member Posts: 2
    Can I have your broker's contact info?

Thanks,
  • chris94chris94 Member Posts: 2
    Would anyone have the money factors and residual for August 2007 BMW X5's?
  • cspillmancspillman Member Posts: 18
    x5, 3.0 MSRP 62,220 invoice 57,235 Received the following from Chapman BMW in Phoenix

will lease you the car for 1500 over cost. Cosco is 2500 over cost. I have an invoice of 57455. You are just missing the advertising fee in the invoice that is not posted on the internet. It varies from region to region is why they can’t post it.

36 month lease 12k per year
    60% residual
    .00270 money factor (not a current BMW owner)
    944.78 payment includes tax

Bank fee 825.00
    Doc fee 297.00
    Lic and reg total 1100.37
    Security deposit 950.00 (790 fico)
    Total drive off 3886.98

Should I be able to do better?
  • donkey1217donkey1217 Member Posts: 10
    You can do better.
    I am picking up my new X5 4.8 tommorow in Boston.
    I got x5 4.8
    Premium
    Tech
    Heated Seats
    Napa leather
    Comfort Seats
    MSRP 63225

I am paying 903 inlcuding 5% MA tax a month. I put down only the 1st month, the bank fee (which from BMW is 625, they are marking yours up) the BS documenation fee and the DMW fees. It was 1947 dollars out of pocket. (security waived as I am returning customer- although new to this dealer).
    THE MF is .0023, so they are also marking that up as well.
    1v1,
    I think you are paying high. What is your money factor? I think your MF is high.
    Be careful, sometimes they give you discount over MSRP but increase MF.
    I was offered $1200 over invoice. $1342 as down payment & $873 a month on X5 3.0 Invoice price: 51k.
    It was at BMW of San francisco.
    I'm looking for $1000 over invoice & MF of 2.3. I can go to ANY BMW in CA if I am given this.
    xwoogiex,

My MF is .0023 the base money factor as mentioned by leasecompare in the following thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Do you still think I am paying high?
  • x5man02111x5man02111 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Donkey1217,

Just wondering what dealership in boston was offereing 625 for the bank fee? I was told 825 was the best anyone could do.
    $625 is the base acquisition fee that BMWFS requires. They allow the dealer to mark it up to $825 for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

1v1,
    If your MF was 2.3 then probably you had lots of options on your X5?
    What options did you have & What was your total invoice price (including Options)?

Also, did your down payment included any security deposit? What was included in down payment?

Thankss
    xwoogiex,

Thats right. I had quite a few options.

Premium pkg
    rear climate pkg
    technology pkg
    heated front seats
    heated rear seats
    running boards
    comfort access
    headup display

My invoice price is $53220. I paid $1300 over that so my sale price is $54,520.

In my drive off fees, I am paying the first month payment, security deposit, registration, etc.
  • donkey1217donkey1217 Member Posts: 10
    I was told that too, until I walked in and said here is what I am willing to pay, I will sign papers right now.I just moved to boston, and have an established relationship with a dealer in NY, so I said I knew that guys doesn't play the games that are all so common in boston.
    1v1,
    I called your dealership. They say they can place a new order for me. they are offering $2000 over invoice. But I'm sure they'll come down. Do u know any good salesman to work with there?
    xwoogiex,

Don't talk to the regular sales guys. Talk to someone in their internet department - Mark or Steve. They'd give you the best deals.

Not sure why they can't offer anything lower than $2K...what is your invoice price including options?

The other dealer who came very close was New Century BMW. Talk to someone in their internet dept as well.

Hopefully you can find a good deal. Good Luck.
  • njbillauppnjbillaupp Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I am new to this forum and in the market for a new X5. This will be my first BMW. I've received the below quote and would like input (good deal?). Thanks!

E-mail from dealer:
    The price quoted is $2,000.00 off MSRP or $1100.00 over invoice plus destination and handling.
    MSRP $54,775.00
    Discount $52,775.00
    NJ Sales tax $3,694.25
    Luxury Tax $211.10
    3 yrs Registration $334.00
    Motor Vehicle doc $125.00
    Tire Tax $7.50
    Total $57,146.85

Thank you,
  • pico1pico1 Member Posts: 1
    i want to order a new one right now....when do they stop building 2007?

do dealers discount msrp on 2008 this early? I am in LA

thanks

Pico
  • britcrlvrbritcrlvr Member Posts: 83
    how many other suv's have you looked at? I can't help but suggest the Audi Q7 3.6 Premium. what packages are you getting the X5 with? Do you feel comfortable with the IDRIVE, it would be a shame to spend that much money on this car and decide a month later, the system is miserable. Maybe its me, but the discount seems a little low. I think this is probably a 3.0 l model considering the price. I need to know what options you are looking for, but if it is just the base vehicle, I have 2 suggestions, look for a low mileage 06 2) start your offer around 45000 which should give you more financial room. I doubt they will take the price, but the middle ground should end up around 48K or 49K. Offering 48 or 49 off the bat is going to get you nowhere. If you give me more information I might be able to help you.
  • jdk03jdk03 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man - this is for you or anyone else as knowledgeable...

I've done the research and driven at the nearby Atlanta dealer in-town and got the $500 sticker offer from them. So I did more reasearch (including here) and went to the "Internet Sales" guy at the dealer 20 miles away asking for the best deal.

It's much better than the nearby dealer but still off - so I'm looking for advice on what to counter offer. First, their offer:

2007 X5 4.81, Sports, Premium, Technology packages + 3rd row, Napa leather, Cirrus, and iPod

MSRP: 67,320
    Invoice (according to edmunds): 61,900
    Dealer offer selling price: 64,585
    Acquisition fee: 825
    Money Factor: .00250
    Montly Lease (without tax): 901.27 ( with 7% georgia tax = $964.26)
    "Doc Fee": 399

Based on what I've read here there are a few areas where I'm being "bumped"
    1) Selling Price - I've heard $1,000 over invoice is a good deal - this is $2,600 over...
    2) Base Money Factor Lease rate should be .00230 right? (equiv of $710 more off of sticker)
    3) Acquisition fee should be $625, anything more is their profit.
    4) "Doc fee" seems ridiculous. I've heard "a few hundred" is typical, but $400?

So, is it reasonable to counter on all these points? Which onese are easiest for the dealer to give up on?

Here's my ideal for the above vehicle - is this unreasonable, am I dreaming?

MSRP: 67,320
    Invoice: 61,900

1) Selling Price: $63,400 ($1,400 over invoice seems reasonable for the dealer right?)
    2) Money Factor: .00230 (the base rate - no bump)
    3) Acquisition fee: $625 (again the base - no bump)
    4) "Doc Fee": $200 - seems like just profit but it's a compromise...

This would translate to 890.36 monthly lease (before tax, 952.69 including 7% georgia tax)

Any feedback? Thanks in advance.
    You should definitely be able to get the base .0023 mf and $635 Acq Fee. The only thing on the invoice that isn't on the edmunds invoice is the $180 Training & Services Fee and the MACO (advertising fee) $300.

That $400 doc fee is PURE PROFIT! Maybe if they won't budge, agree to pay the $825 ACQ fee if the'll take off the $400 doc fee (I think it is capped here in NY to $45)

Me again. Sorry I forgot to mention this was a 36 month, 10,000 mile lease.

AND - since I'm close, I would consider picking up at the Plant in South Carolina - would this save me anything (like the destination fee?)
  • us_matrixus_matrix Member Posts: 17
    Destination fee $775
    Acq fee $875
    Security Deposit $750

Is this true we have to pay all these Destination, Acq and deposit (refundable?) fee for leasing or some are just add up from Dealer?

Thanks.
    The ACq fee should be $625. The other fees are kosher.

• kabbalahkabbalah Member Posts: 58
    My X5 4.8 is 2 plus weeks new. I tried everybody around to get a strong deal. Fact is there were not a lot of 4.8's around. There seems to be a few more around now so perhaps the deals are getting better. I am also in Atlanta. This was my deal almost 3 weeks ago.

X5 4.8
    Sport pkg with 19' wheels
    Premium pkg
    Premium sound
    Rear climate pkg
    Comfort(multi contour) seats
    Comfort access
    Running boards
    3rd row seat
    Heated front seats
    Park distance control
    Ipod USB adaptor
    Navigation
    Satellite radio
    and Dealer added BMW towing hook/pkg

MSRP before tow hook is $71,820

36 month, 12/k year, .00230, 60% residual

In addition, there was an $825 aquisition fee from BMW FS, and a $499 doc fee.

Deal was a little complicated because I rolled $2K in mileage overages, and drive off into the cap. Car was roughly $2500 off MSRP. Monthly payment (only 35) is $1134 plus tax.

Having moved from California a couple of years back, I found the doc fee very high but it seems the norm around here. You probably could save $200 on the aquisition fee, and the MF should be .00230 if your credit justifies it. I don't think that you can come anywhere close to negotiating $1K over invoice. If you were talking about the 3.0 X5 then I would say that's easy. The 4.8's are much tighter. Picking up the car in SC will not save you a penny, although I'm told that they will give you a tour and some driving instruction/courses over there. I am very happy with the dealer from whom I leased my car. I would be happy to give you his contact info. They are 100 miles outside Atlanta, and I'm told that they pick up and service vehicles in Atlanta for their customers.
    Thanks for the info.

I ended up getting $3,200 off of sticker (MSRP 67,320 selling price: 64,120) BUT Paid 825 Acq. fee, $499 doc fee, and .00240 MF (.00230 is buy rate, adding that extra .0001 was the equivalent of about $500 in selling price which means it was like only getting $2,700 off of MSRP) Looks like we got about the same deal...
  • spicoli2spicoli2 Member Posts: 6
    I have owned several BMW's and currently have an '04 X5 which I am due to turn in off lease in September. Does anyone have a clue as to why BMW is not offering any lease specials on a vehicle that does not appear to be selling well? I travel the US for work and have specifically looked for new X5's on the road as I visit different cities. I don't see many at all, so I thought BMW may offer some special incentives, not true. Also, their lack of any owner loyalty programs really bothers me. Is anyone seeing any special financing deals or know of any new programs coming out in the near future?

Thanks,

Dan
    BMW will waive the security deposit if you are a current BMW FS customer.
  • myspyder2myspyder2 Member Posts: 1
    i'm looking for a 2007 X5 3.0 with the following options:

- 3rd row seats
    - premium package
    - navigation
    - dvd

edmunds.com shows
    msrp $56,125
    invoice $51,605
    average prices paid: $54,465

what is a good, reasonable price to expect from the dealers?

thanks!!