Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wtf_123wtf_123 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry - I have not logged on in awhile. I got my car at Shelly BMW in Buena Park - my salesperson is Sammy.
  • jelmassjelmass Member Posts: 11
    Picked up mine on 9/11. black on black. Premium, technology, running board, ipod, cold weather, rear privacy. I was able to get it for 6k off list price plus the 0.9 Apr since I signed the papers on 9/2.
    Happy with the car. no regrets
  • jackgardenjackgarden Member Posts: 1
    I am new to the forum. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this:
    2008 BMW X5 3.0 si
    Premium pkg, Tech Pkg, Cold weather, Rear climate, running board, power tailgate and USB/ipod adapter
    MSRP $ 55475
    What should be a good deal? I am being offered $51000.
    Thanks
    To get the same deal I got couple of weeks ago, you would be paying 49.5K and the dealer would be making 1000$ fair for both.
    Good luck. he should drop the proce another 1500$
  • reggie123reggie123 Member Posts: 1
    I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has done this recently.

I have a 2006 X5 3.0 and am coming to the end of a 3 year lease. I am thinking about buying the car and am having a real hard time finding out what a fair price would be. It currently has 43,000 miles on it.

My dealer is quoting me $27,700 for the car and will throw in an additional 50,000 miles warranty.

This seems to be a great time to be a buyer (I would pay cash) and it seems like a lot of leased cars are coming back to the dealer.

Any thoughts on a good price? Thank you!!!
  • breterstbreterst Member Posts: 18
    On a 2009 X5 3.0i
    MSRP $57,625
    Invoice $53,460
    Selling price $53,960

Can I do better?
  • bond007jbbond007jb Member Posts: 38
    I think you should be able to do better. Look for below invoice pricing.
    Good Luck
  • kevin34kevin34 Member Posts: 42
    A dealer has offered me this vehicle which has cold weather, premium package, third row, nav. with 6k miles on it, a loaner vehicle, for $48.9k - the msrp is $54.6k. I'm thinking of countering with $42k. The vehicle qualifies for the .9 financing asit's an '08.

Feed back appreciated!
    I think 42-43K is a good price, for the X5, knowing that it has 6K miles and is a demo
  • nymininymini Member Posts: 10
    You could get a brand new one with similar options for $51K. I think $43k -$44k is fair. Which dealer was that? Good Luck
    Thanks for your input. I read somewhere on these forums that these cars may go for $3k under invoice? I think the invoice on this car is around $50k. If that is the case then is $43k a good price for a demo with 6k miles on it if you can get a brand new one for around $47k? The dealer is on Rockland cnty, wide world bmw.
    The dealership also has a certified preowned '06 X5 with 17.5k miles on it with:

Navigation
    Cold Weather
    Premium package
    Rear climate
    Moonroof

They want $32.9k Is this a good price? I've narrowed down my choices to an X5 or a new base model MDX which I can get for $33.5k. The third row is important as I have 2 young kids. If I take the '08 out of the equation for affordability reasons, the decision is whether or not I can live without a third row in the '06 X5.
  • nymininymini Member Posts: 10
    Wide World has good service.....I would get the 08 since you can get a good deal now, unless the 08 one is not the color you like. MDX is also nice and good value. I belive you could get one lower than $33.K. My friend just bought one for $36 with Tech Pkg for $35.5
  • charles3500charles3500 Member Posts: 1
    I have seen a 2008 BMW X5 that has only 181 miles. It is just the Base Model with no options. I was thinking of offering $40K for the Vehicle. Does that seem like a reasonable offer? thanks for the input.
  • speedy33speedy33 Member Posts: 6
    I am shopping around for a deal on a 2008 X5 well equipped (MSRP range of 55k). I was curious to know what people are paying for this vehicle in late October? I live in the NY/NJ/CT area so any suggestions would be helpful Thanks!
  • khristerkhrister Member Posts: 2
    0.9 APR is back! When I was shopping for one 2 months ago I used 0.92 as a factor for computing invoce pricing. They are still giving premium packages away.
    I walked out with $2500 less invoice whan I bought my 2008 X5. I think it is still doable. :)
    I don't live near the dealership thefore I would have to get it serviced by me in Westchester. Do you run into problems if you service your car at another dealership? I would imagine not..but just checking. Thanks.
  • 99_528i99_528i Member Posts: 27
    I got the following deal from a dealer in Northern California:

Titanic Silver over black 2008 X5 4.8i
    Cold weather package
    Premium package
    Premium sound
    rear climate pacakge
    sports package
    technology package
    comfort access
    running boards
    3rd row seat
    iPod USB adaptor
    MSRP: $69500
    Destination charge: 825
    Total: 70,325.00

I can get for $65,000

If I'm going to the lease route:
    MF = 0.0010
    3 years, 12k/ year
    residual 57%
    no money down, $823/month (including tax)

What do you guys think? I heard the premium package should be free, and that there's almost $5000 difference between invoice and MSRP, so effectively I'm paying $2k above the "effective" invoice. Is this true?

Thanks.
  • esskessk Member Posts: 2
    I think you may be able to do better, though there are definitely much better deals to be had on the 3.0si than the 4.8si. I bought mine from BMW of Fremont and my CA, Shakeel (He is great), might be able to give you a better deal.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Now that you have one price quote, it's time to play shop around. Do it with the internet sales staff at every dealer within one-two hour driving distance and explain what you want and that you want the absolute bottom line deal to buy this week -- if you are truly ready to pull the trigger. Also explain that if you can't get a super deal now ,you can wait until January/February. If they won't give you a firm price on the phone / online, cross them off the list. Someone out there wants to sell cars -- you have to find them. When communicating it helps to be courteous but unemotional. Cold heart but ready for a hot deal. Good luck.
  • dawn17dawn17 Member Posts: 2
    i just looked at 06 4.8 x5 with 18k mileage. it has cold weather pack, rear climate, steptronic, lumbar supp, xenon, hifi sound and full spare. they are asking 35900. it still has 2yr or 32k left on the full maint pack and an additional 2yr 50k for the cpo maint pack. what is the best deal i should hope for on this car? I love it but was looking at 3.o which most dealers here in sflorida are out of. is this a sound buy and really is 30500 out ther door a crazy offer, help im soooo overwhelmed at this point. i have been looking for an suv for 8onths and now found one i like so require a little car knowledge support on this one!
    not crazy --- make the offer and be prepared to walk. If you go up ask for the best extended bmw warranty that suits your yearly mileage. BMW's are nice cars but they can cost big $ to maintain and repair. That may or may not be a concern to you but since you're looking used then it probably is. Negotiate online and you maintain better control of the situation. Good luck.
    Yup, I got the deal: $1685 below invoice (just to compensate the "free" premium package). Car is going to be here on Friday (trucking from LA). Very interesting though: one internet manager is telling me that "don't trust the numbers from Edmunds.com or Kelly Blue Book", "economy isn't that bad" and "I haven't done or heard of a deal below invoice before". Plain stupidity.
    Cold heart ---- good deal !!! Congrats.
    How far away did you find the car? Did the local dealer find it for you ?
  • dawn17dawn17 Member Posts: 2
    OK thanks for the info but the dealer was full of BS and the car was it lack condition to say the least. I have found the car i love.... its also a 06 X5 white with black leather int, premium pack and BMW assist, blue tooth and the panoramic sun roof with the garage door/ gate opener there.It is mint condition and the mileage is a bit high...28481. It does have the maint pack for 2yrs or 22k more mileage and the ext warr b/c its CPO. They are asking $31999 and KBB lists at $30,605. Edmund's shows $30362 but $33100 for CPO. I want it for $30 out the door no more then 30,500 out the door. Is this as ridiculous as they think? I cant neg there in person BC I'm a single mom working FT with a 1 yr old so we can't sit there for hours. what do you advise? Also do i wait for them to call me back? I had them bring the car to me at work to check out yesterday and i told the guy i was going to do more research on the numbers but i wanted for 30 out> i f they gave what i wanted i would be driving it at lunch today (Thurs). i am a cash buyer and i had 2 ML350 to look at. I left him with that and haven't heard back yet that was at 4pm on wed. help Im so excited and a little nervous about such a high purchase.
  • esskessk Member Posts: 2
    Congrats, I am sure you will love the ride, welcome to the community :) Which dealership did you end up getting it from?
    Think down the road when the maintenence service is on your credit card and the warranty is over. To quote a moderator of the bmw forums " Have you ever seen the service bill for a euro import"? Keep that in mind.
    Since they brought the car for you to see they probably assessed you as being VERY interested and will play you a bit hoping that you will want to close the deal on their terms. They may be willing to wait a month or so figuring this price will appeal to some one else if you don't bite. They may give you a day or two to stew and then give in a little and see if you buy.
    If you have 30K cash to buy then I wouldn't be afraid to wait until you find a car that meets your needs better and make a take it or leave it offer. By Jan/Feb the prices will not be any higher for used 4.8's and may be lower. This one may still on the lot and you can offer 28k for it. Good deals are usually reserved for those who project knowledge, patience and little emotion. My 09 murano awd with lots of extras listed for 34k and I bought it for 29k. It's certainly not a X5 but is nice and will cost me nothing for three years. Free oil changes. Look around and see if there is anything else out there that might make you happy. One thing for sure , with the economy and the auto industry tanking it's a buyers market unless you let them dictate the terms of the negotiation. Be patient and cold hearted until you close the deal. Remember you have the cash and are willing to spend it but only if the deal is right. You have some doubts about this one [mileage] so they have to resolve your objections by sweetening the deal.
  • venni1venni1 Member Posts: 3
    I have requested quote in Nocal Delars for below options and one dealer gave me a quote for $53,495(including Destination Charges).I read on the forum where people are getting deals below invoice price.What price should I ask?I am thinking around $50k, it that okay. Pls advise.

New 08 X5 3.0
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    3rd Row Seat
    Comfort Access
    Rear Climate Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Automatic Tailgate Opening and Closing
    iPod and USB Adapter
    None of the dealers have the right vehicle for me (none has the 20" wheels with light color exterior), so I paid $400 for Peter Pan to truck me the car from somewhere in LA.
    From Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo. That's no BS and pretty much get the deal right away. It must be the end-of-month deal + bad economy.
    I'm still hoping to get feedback on prices paid for a X5 3.0 if anyone has them? Also, can I expect 2008s to remain on the lot through January? I'm trying to get the best deal and can wait to pull the tigger if it's worth it. Thx.
    I bought mine a couple of months back for about 3K below invoice. It is almost fully loaded with Prem., Sport, Tech., Rear Climate, Cold Weather, 3rd Row, Running Boards with the .9% financing. I heard from my CA that business is better this month than last, so might be fewer deals out there. I would not wait too long, the longer you wait the less chances of getting all the features you want. My main req. were Sport and 3rd Row but had to get the others 'cause there were none on the lot with that combo.

Good Luck
  • laakylaaky Member Posts: 13
    I am new to the forum and looking to purchase a 2009 X-5 4.8i. Have been looking on the BMW site for the options/packages that I would opt for. Would like some advice on negotiating from the MRSP. What is a reasonable reduction? Features I want to have are:
    Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, with additionaly the heated front seats, running boards and BMW assist ( not too interested in getting much more expensive than this) MSRP from the BMW site is $64,225. (I think I will have to order a new one since it may be too hard to find the options I want...does this mean I will not get as good a deal as if I buy one on the lot or doesn't it matter)
    I want to trade in or sell the 2003 4.4i (any buyers out there?) Blk w/black interior with 53,000 miles and I hope if I trade in I can negotiate at least 18K+ for it. ...dealer in upstate NY said $15K is what the auction is buying at...but with the options it has, it rings up more on the appraisal. Still has an extended maintenace warranty for 6 more months which I hope has some value). Has the sport package and in great shape, we just want to trade up to a newer car. Didn't know much about car negotiation when we bought so would like to get some experience from you all). Anyway, looks like I have the complication of trade-in value and negotiating on a new order...how should I approach this?
    Thanks.
    I bought New X5 3.0 for $53,295 +Tax +license
    Space gray,premium,Technology,3rd row,Comfort Access,Cold weather,Rear climate,Automatic Tail gate,ipod.Looks like I got for invoice price and I was also sticking to space gray color and or no sport package.

I got quote's for better prices with different color and options, but couldn't find this combination.Is this okay deal?
    If you did not forget anything. I see the dealer made around 2300$ profit. If this is the case. you could have brought him down another 1300$
  • laakylaaky Member Posts: 13
    Can you explain? I ran the vehicle options and came up with just over invoice. How do you figure the dealer profit? I have an offer for a 2008 X-5 4.8i (wht w/blk interior) loaded with sport pkg, tech pkg, prem pkg., rear climate, cold weather, running brds, 3rd row, satellite radio, and Ipod adapter. MSRP of $68,070 for $63,525 which is $960 over invoice of $62565. What do you think it could be negotiated for so everyone is happy. (I do know the premium pkg was being given as a free option on the build you own just last month). I know that now I believe only the 2009's are custom orderable. I also have an offer of $3525 below MSRP for a 2009 X-5 4.8i, invoice of 59,075. Sounds quite good based upon Edmunds TMV pricing which is coming up with only $500 below MSRP..... Not sure what to make of the market in these economic times.
  • mulligan6mulligan6 Member Posts: 1
    Just looked at x5 3.0 with premium package, perforated leather seats, some other minor add ons like Sirius radio. MSRP of 53.5K, invoice of 51K. I offered $44K and they thought I was crazy. Left after their offer of 48K. Car has been on the lot for 3 months (had 4 miles driven when I test drove- so I must have been first to turn it on). I would guess they would call me and offer 46 or so. Does this seem reasonable to what others are paying
    I bought SILVER/Black for $55,00 + Tax+Reg+ .9 APR financing
    Below are the options Sport Package, Premium Package,Technology Package ,3rd Row Seat Comfort Access, Rear Climate Package,Cold Weather Package,Automatic Tailgate Opening and Closing,iPod and USB Adapter, HD Radio ,Running Boards .

Is this good deal?
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    I'm in So CAL helping a friend find a lease on a 2008 or 2009 X5. He finds a 2007 X5 3.0i with only 135miles on it that the dealer is claiming is new. Is it possible this vehicle had some sort or problem or accident that they do not have to disclose because it was never registered? It's in the color he wants (Monaco Blue) and has almost all the options we have been looking for. MSRP is $56740 and it has premium, sports, comfort access, sat radio, running boards and rear climate. They are offering $10K off sticker. The only info I can find is for a 2007 certified used X5 in outstanding condition listed on edmunds at $44700. We are also very concerned on lease numbers (money factor/residual) for an 07. They haven't given us this info yet but will post later.
    Otherwise we are looking at an 09 because have not been able to find an 08 with color and options. Another dealer is offering $1600 over invoice and buy rate MF on an 09 lease and $1600 below invoice w/ buy rate if we can find an 08.

Any thoughts on this 07 would be appreciated. As of now I am telling my friend not to jump on it as it seems wierd.
    Thanks!
    Mulligan6- given this car market, I don't think you offer was outrageous. While I do not expect them to take it, 47 sounds fair. Let me know how you make out. Good luck.
  • ewrhkgewrhkg Member Posts: 4
    I purchased an 08 3.0 in Sept with similar options, but also have auto tailgate and park assist for $45,4. I think you can definitely offer lower. The dealer is just pulling your legs.
    That sounds like an awesome deal, what packages did you get in the car, how much was MSRP, Invoice and was it a demo or brand new? Thx
  • ewrhkgewrhkg Member Posts: 4
    The car is brand new. Options include: premium, auto tailgate and Parking. No trade in. 0.9% finance. MSRP was $51k
  • faye94faye94 Member Posts: 9
    Please I need Help in deceiding what is the best deal in Houston. I have been offered only 4500 off of MSRP of the X5 3.0 in 2008 and max of 2000 on 2009.
    My budget is only max 50,000 to spent on a X5 3.0 so I decided on getting the preminum package and real climate control. I was told by the Sales Rep that is better to go with Prem. Package than Sport package and I should defenately go with the Premium. I like either black or white exterior and don't care for any other color. There is a 2008 black/black on their lot with no option on it except BMW assist, with the MSRP of $48,000. Is is wise for me to go with this car or not.
    With this kind of discount should I go with 2008 vs. 2009 only for 2500 diference.
    What is the best package I should add.
    I appreciate your commentsa
  • stockgurustockguru Member Posts: 6
    The premium package is a must and included for free now anyway on 2008 models. I'm guessing because it is included for free, the cars which don't have the premium package will be difficult to sell.

In my opinion, the rear climate, ipod and tailgate are all things to consider as well.
    Thank you for the info. Would you recommend 2008 or 2009 for 2500 difference?
    How everyone is getting $6000 off of MSRP?
    With Premium, rear climate, tailgate on 2009, what is the best to pay for 0.9 financing?
    Please advise me as soon as you can .
    I have been looking for a White X5 3.0 (2008) I just find one listed in the internet with the followings:
    Premium pkg. tech pkg, satelite radio, ipod and comfort access with 6 yrs. 100,000 miles warranty and .9 financing for $51,488.00
    How much should I offer and is this a good price?
    Please let me know, what do you think?
    I am new to this site and thank you again.
    Sorry this car has around 8000 miles on it.
  • stockgurustockguru Member Posts: 6
    I would definitely go with an 09 if your only choice is an 08 demo or loaner. Dealer cars get used and abused during test drives and loans and although a few thousand miles might not be a lot in the life of the car, you are purchasing a luxury SUV and should not settle for a second hand car at close to new prices.

You can go on edmunds and look up the invoice of the car. Having just purchased and researched myself, you can get $1000-3000 below invoice on a new 08 which includes the premium package credit. On an 09 you are looking at close to invoice to $2000 above invoice.

If you can get a new 08, I would do that, there really isn't anything different on the 09 unless you get the Diesel or wait for the new I-drive in March.
    Thank you so much Stockgru.