Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

13»

Comments

• susanw6susanw6 Member Posts: 32
    After shopping online and visitn 3 other dealerships, I just leased a 2007 SRX for the best price around. I got a
    2007 V6 SRX w/Premium package ($4100) and utility package ($1125), in White Diamond. MSRP is $43,455. I put down $2000 in GM Mastercard rewards and for a39 month lease w/15,000 miles/year I am paying $470.00 per month, plus tax for a grand total of $498.20.

They had others vehicles in other colors with the same options that were $40 more per month, but they said this one was an "older age model", meaning it was one of the first few they got in from Detroit in October, so there was some add'l rebate Cadillac was providing them on it.

My only concern was that it had 130 miles on it and I've never bought or leased a new car with more than 15 miles on it. I made them check the computer to see how those miles got there and when it arrived at the dealership on Oct 24, it already had the 130 miles (I actually saw this). They said it was not a dealerhisp transfer, nor a demo. They said that maybe it was used as a test model by the factory. Never believing anything a dealership says, I'm skeptical, however, I still think I got a good deal and since its a lease, as opposed to a purchase, I'm O.K. with it.

Anyone ever heard of such high mileage on a new car?
  • fgs6007fgs6007 Member Posts: 1
    Try this one on for size: I am taking delivery of a 2007 SRX AWD this weekend, luxury collection (V6), Black/Black, third row seat. 48 months, 12K miles, and trading a 4-year old Olds minivan with 90K miles......$340 per month (tax included), with $500 down. Hard to believe, but I trust the dealer who has done business with my brother for years. I even got to order the car color I wanted!

The dealer down the road wanted to charge $475/mo, and wouldn't budge.
  • susanw6susanw6 Member Posts: 32
    Hi fgs! Sounds like you got a good deal, but its hard to compare apples to oranges. The cars sound the same, but my lease is for 39 months and 15,000 miles, whereas yours is 48 months and 12,000 miles. Your lease is based on a lower residual because it will be older when it is turned in, and mine will have more miles on it. Also, I don't know what they allowed in your trade toward the down payment.
  • overworkinoverworkin Member Posts: 5
    I am picking up a 2005 SRX V8 AWD tonite. It comes with vistaroof, loaded, 30,000 miles for 29,500. Thing is this adge of car in a 3 yr plan with a ballon payment (or lease, bank buy back, etc) the residual after 36mths will be 23,500 with 15000/yr. That gets me a payment of 270/mth. How's tha for a great deal. By the way it's a US vehicle imported into Canada. I can't wait. We have tonnes of snow up here near the Western NY border and the AWD will be very welcome.

Ps This is the finest north american vehicle I have driven and i only hope that the reliabilty is there and I will become a long time GM convert.

Overworkin
    Niagara Falls, ON, Canada :shades:
  • adamt12adamt12 Member Posts: 21
    how much did you get for the mini-van on trade, if i can get it down to around 300, i might go for the srx, but i need a functioning 3rd row that is somewhat comfy
  • ttrugliottruglio Member Posts: 2
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I priced an 07 V8 loaded except for the third row seat and DVD entertainment system from the Cadillac site and Edmunds and both MSRP's came in at around $49,700. Is this correct? Reading postings where folks purchased 04's, 05's, and some 06's their MSRP's were in the mid $50k.
  • dmbleserdmbleser Member Posts: 8
    A fully loaded 2007 SRX MSRP is $45,000. Selling price is $41,750 which includes a $2250 rebate. Lease with $3650 down is $581 for 36 months. Lease with $1650 is $643. includes tax and 12000 miles per year.

or

The base SRX MSRP of $37855. Selling price is $35,527. Lease with $3650 down is $491. With $1650 down is 552. includes tax and 12000 miles per year

or are they all lousy deals?
  • gaonmymindgaonmymind Member Posts: 2
    I just did the following deal 2 weeks ago:

MSRP: 47125

base cap cost: 43640.5

less:
    cash rebate: 2250

add acquisition fee: 595

net cap cost: 41985.5

Residual: 54%

Interest Rate: 3.95%

OOP: First month+tax/title/reg around $865.00

Monthly pmt: $567 incl tax

So based on my numbers I would say not a good deal. You should be able to get invoice or $500 below before the rebate.
  • gaonmymindgaonmymind Member Posts: 2
    Oh and this was 12K for 39 months. The car had 966 miles on it and they threw in one of those mesh grills at no additional cost.
  • dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    I am very interested in the SRX. I just think it is a bit pricey. I was hopeful that a comparable American car would cost less than the competition. The other front runner for me is the MDX, maybe that should be considered the competition? I have the luxury of time. My car works fine, I can wait if it's worth it. I have a couple questions for anyone who may have some information:

1) Does anyone know, or is there anyway to find out, if GM will be running any promotions in the future. The employee pricing they did a couple years ago was quite a deal. The current incentives are good, but modest.

2) Does anyone know if Caddy is going to change the SRX soon. I don't want to buy a car that is at the end of it's current configuration run.

Thank you for anyone who can answer.
  • isla_guyisla_guy Member Posts: 4
    I live in South Florida and my plan was to lease a new 07'Cad. SRX Blk/Chasmere with a MSRP of $43,040. Now I learned that GMAC is offering 0% on 60 months to buy, I will buy instead of lease (I think). My cars are typically driven approx. 8,000 miles/yr. (driven very little).
    I cannot seem to get the dealer to give me all the scoop on rebates or discounts that GM is offering on the SRX. The best offer I have been able negotiate is $39,875.00 plus Tax, Title & Tags. How much better discount should I be able to get. I feel $3165 off is not such a great deal…..Need advise…please help? Anyone?
  • dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    Is there any "friends" discount or shareholder discount (IBM gives huge discounts to shareholders for those of you who are interested)on GM products. In other words, if I have a friend who works for GM, is there an above board way of securing a better price. I really don't want to do anything improper or get him in trouble. But, if they have legitimate program, I would like to know about. Similarly, if they give discounts for shareholders, I would like to know that as well.
    Thank you.
  • jessgalljessgall Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 2005 SRX AWD last year (2006) for $24,900. It's fully loaded, third row seating, GPS, performance package, magnetic ride, DVD entertainment, along with the totally rockin' sunroof!! I would have to say that we got a pretty good deal. It was turned in at a Toyota dealer for trade in. They didn't even know it had a dvd in it!! When I was test driving, they were surprised when I pulled out the screen, ha ha ha. I LOVE this car still!!

Jessica :)
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    The SRX does not have AWD standard either, it is an option, as are all the options you mentioned. The only distinguishing option on the SRX is the 3rd row. Perhaps the car you saw on the lot had those options but check out the sticker, you have to pay extra for all of them. So I don't really see your point with the post, unless you meant to add an "either" at the end.
  • pds1pds1 Member Posts: 24
    Just came from Clairmont Cadillac in West Caldwell. They are pricing the 2008's at just over invoice. AWD, third row seat and luxury package for $43,000 less lease rebate and conquest of $2450.

Has anyone gotten a good price in metro NJ yet on a 2008?

Thanks

Mick
  • foschusfoschus Member Posts: 3
    There's a dealer in my area advertising a brand new 2005 SRX V8 for only $33,000. I don't all the equipment, but they say the original MSRP was $53,000. I asked if it had hail damage and they said yes, but it has been completely repaired. I also asked if it had a salvage title and they said the title was clean. I've been looking at new vehicles but never really considered the SRX because it's a little out of my price range, but a deal like this brings it a little closer.

Is that as good a price as it seems, or is it not worth that much being a 2005 and having prior hail damage? I'm taking the lazy way out and asking all of you instead of doing the research myself. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • vangvang Member Posts: 12
    I'm on the hunt to import an 07 SRX V6 AWD to Ontario:

If you have any info on good dealers or inventory, please post back regardless of location.

Ideal vehicle: Black Raven on Cashmere, V6 Luxury & Sport packages
  • yxz8yxz8 Member Posts: 2
    wow, no new post for five years!
  • jiangnan85jiangnan85 Member Posts: 2
    I am wondering where are these owners who bought a srx recently.
  • jiangnan85jiangnan85 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new 2012 cadillac SRX with AWD luxury collection with NAV, color is gold. We drived 200 miles to get it. MSPR is $45480, and final price we got is $38800 plus TTL. We are pretty happy with the price and really enjoy this car.
  • woodytwo2woodytwo2 Member Posts: 1
    thanks for the info. anyone else out there????? :)
  • jagcadjagcad Member Posts: 3
    Bought a SRX Base for 30k first week of Sep.

Love it. When I took delivery 3 others took delivery too.

These babies are selling like hot cakes.

When it comes to looks, this is the best.

Hopefully the reliability has improved.
  • bocuibocui Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Can anybody who bought a AWD SRX recently share the price please? I plan to buy one for my wife. Really appreciate your help.

Best,

Bo
  • sewellmgrsewellmgr Member Posts: 17
    What equipment level are you looking for... i may be able to provide some information.
    I am looking for 2013 AWD Performance trim. Thank you very much.
  • sewellmgrsewellmgr Member Posts: 17
    Most of these that you are going to find are going to have the driver awareness package built in... in this case the MSRP should be around 49385 and the invoice should be around 47514.

There is a $1000 loyalty if you own a 1999 or newer cadillac as well. This should give you a good idea.
    I just bought one for $43000 + TTL, I am in New England area Hope this helps!
  • orangecrushvorangecrushv Member Posts: 1
    Since I couldn't find much info when I was shopping, I thought I'd help the next person out... Just bought the following:

MSRP $44,585
    Invoice $41,914
    Purchase Price $40,400 + TTL