Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eeezzzeeezzz Member Posts: 2
    The price is based on supply and demand in your area. It all depends on where you're buying.
    Check-out www.kbb.com for pricing in your area.
    It may pay you to shop outside your area. I drove 75 miles to buy my 2004 "Enthusiast" for $27,000.00
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    For a Touring Roadster? Hmmmm... my first instinct was to say its not a great price ... but where do you live? In a warmer part of the country, that's probably a pretty good deal, but not so much if you live in the snow belt.

Just for comparison, I paid $26K for my '04 Touring coupe just 2 months ago (9K miles) .... so I figure a Roadster is worth, what? Maybe $3K more? (completely guessing here ... new MSRP looks to be a heckuva lot more for Roadster to Coupe.)

But, I live in New Jersey and there was snow on the ground when I purchased.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    touring roadsters brand new go for around $37000 plus MSRP depending on equipment. I'd say that a pre-owned one with low miles like that at the price he is indicating sounds like a fair deal to me.

roadster is worth more along the lines of $4000-$5000 over the coupe, depending on trim...

hope that helped!

-thene
  • thorenathorena Member Posts: 1
    I also went to Maxwell Nissan in Round Rock this weekend and they offered $200 over invoice. Was looking for a 6 speed roadster which they had. Thinking whether I should buy...problem is, how do I know their invoice price is really invoice?
  • geoman993geoman993 Member Posts: 4
    I just got a brand new 2005 350z touring automatic from a dealer Southern California and here's their best quotation on a 05 Touring Automatic:
    MSRP: $33740
    Invoice: $31347
    Their offered price: 29000
    Edmunds Invoice Price: $30700
    Got it for 2137 below invoice

Pick it up that same day.
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    Congrats! That's the best price I've seen so far. How did you obtain this price?

• fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    Good Luck!
  • ebenrickebenrick Member Posts: 2
    Just out of my own person curiosity where did they obtain the 2137 under invoice? Are you leaving out a trade? I don't understand why a dealership would lose any where from 1000 to 2000 after holdback

Just Curious, hoping to pull this off myself but need to know exactly how you did it. :P
  • jonzjonz Member Posts: 1
    I am going to buy a 350z in July when I get back from vacation. What are your thoughts on the 35th Anniversary Edition? I really like the wheels and the Brembo brakes and the aero additions. Has anyone bought one and what did they pay? When is the 2006 model supposed to come out and should I just wait for them? Is there going to be a lot of mechanical changes in 2006 or just cosmetics?
    From what I've read so far, the '06 changes are just cosmetic ... but one of those is LED taillights, so i guess you could call that somewhat mechanical, too (or electrical, to be more specific).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• jadjad Member Posts: 2
    which dealer?
    I have decided to go with a 350Z Enth. 6sp. Currently I am hunting down a deal in Northern CA. Does anyone know what's the going prices for this model? Which dealership(s) has the best price? I am willing to travel within 2hr radius from the bay area for a good deal. In a few months, the 06 will be here. Should I wait a few months to buy to get a some rebates or greater discounts? If I can find a good deal right now, I am willing to go for it. Otherwise, I can wait til the end of the year to check out the 06 before I decide.

By the way, the Enthusiast model doesn't come with VDC. Does anyone think this is necessary?

Thanks for all your help!

So what changed your mind? You were dead set against the Z not too long ago.

Just curious.

Oh, I specifically wanted VDC when I bought mine, but now that I have it, I realize its not much of a benefit. It really interferes when I'm trying to have fun (so now i'm in the habit of turning it off), but does absolutely no good when I REALLY need it (adverse weather). I've come to the conclusion that its a pretty sad system in this particular application. Maybe someone else has a different opinion.

Thanks for the reply. Regarding to my decision, I like the Z more than the S2000 as long as the risk of tire feathering problem is not there. Seems like the problem for the 05s are less but could be because now is only summer of 05 and owners haven't had enough time to put enough mileage onto their car.

Just noticing the local dealers (N.CA) have an unusual supplies of the 05Z. They are not moving the cars out at fast as they hope for. So I expect to get a good price as long as, again, the tire issues are not there. This morning received a call from a dealer, he said he will have to order the car I want at MSRP. He said the car I am looking for is rare(manual, red) and he will have to look hard.....bunch of nonsense. I told him I will look around instead. I am sick of dealers acting like this car is still being sold over MSRP. Most of the deals I am seeing are below invoice, at invoice, or a little bit over invoice. Some of the internet sales managers need to understand the majority of the customers buying a car online already armed themselves with tons of valuable info needed to strike a good deal(atleast a fair deal). The rep this morning could have earned my business if he wasn't acting like he has good cards. In fact he doesn't, especially in CA.

By the way, I checked my350z.com and some other Z forums this morning. People are still complaining quite a bit about this tire issues. There are also a lot of 03's on the market and the demand for them is low which leads to poor resale value. There are owners out there trying to sell their cars, for 3 months and not a call. They all seem to think is because the tire issue is well know in the industry.

Personally, I think those who have trouble selling them are having that problem due to unrealistic asking prices. As I tell those sellers, my '04 Touring with 9K miles was listed for $26K (and that's what I bought it for) just 4 months ago. I can't tell you the number of '03s I see for that same $26K.

When I was shopping, dealers had NO problem selling their '03s that were priced fairly. There were quite a few that were purchased out from under me VERY quickly.

And, so far, I don't think the resale value is all that bad. Even now, you are looking at about $20K-$22K for an '03 Touring. That's better than 65% of the new price. Not bad at all after almost 3 years.

• spickusspickus Member Posts: 1
    I just bought one...2005 6-speed manual. I paid 38,600. I looked at the Crossfire - hated the ride, shift, visibility. Drove a Boxter - very similar, though the shifting felt a bit different as did the power application. I thought the Z was tighter in the turns, hugged the road a bit better. I'm in Richmond, VA. Other dealers were quoting me at 40 and 41 for the performance roadster before any serious haggling.
  • nizannizan Member Posts: 3
    Miata

Did you ever get a 350Z? If yes, where and how much?
    I am also in the Bay area and searching for a Z.
    Thanks
    nizan,
    I have decided to wait for the new Miata instead. I am concerning about the tire feathering issue still. Regarding to price, you should be able to get an 04 Z near invoice +/- $300. If you are willing to wait til Oct, you will definately get it for 1k to 2k below invoice. At bay area, there are lots of competition so you shouldn't have hard time getting good/fair deals. Make sure you post the $# here first before you buy.

• allenchungallenchung Member Posts: 5
    Hey is this s a good or do you think I can hack off another 500 to 1k off the price

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 6 Speed - Pikes Peak White w/ Frost Interior
    -floor mats
    -splash guards
    -aero pkg
    -trunk mat
    -navigation system
    -cargo conv pkg

$33,014 before tax, tag ,and processing fee.

I think its a pretty good deal, what do u think? Thanks for the input
    $800 under invoice certainly seems good to me. Is there a rebate I don't know of? If not, I don't see how they could possibly go any lower since it seems like they are losing money as it is.

When you are getting opinion on prices, be sure to include the msrp and invoice as well. That will make it a lot easier for people to figure out if you are paying too much/little. If its $800 under invoice, I think you should go for it unless you want more discount in two or 3 months.

That's true, MSRP would be helpful. In this case, I calculated based on all the options the poster listed. So, yeah, not a foolproof way to go about it.

• allenchungallenchung Member Posts: 5
    Sorry about that, the MSRP is $36,850
    ah, as if to illustrate the point. ;)

I came up with $37,180 with the options you listed.

BUT, it still looks to be about $500 or so under invoice. Definitely seems like a deal to me. Did you buy it yet? What are you waiting for? :)

• mojojojo24mojojojo24 Member Posts: 24
    Any ideas on when the '06s may arrive at the dealer?

Thinking about getting a Z, but not that keen on eating the first year of depreciation within a month, so to speak. :blush:
  • tenzotenzo Member Posts: 24
    I found a used 05' Z which has 560 miles on it. This is the original price and options on it.. can soneone tell me a resonable price?? and another question is why a dealer's msrp is $1000 higher than on Nissandriven.com ?? anyone knows about it?? I think i will buy this car..
    thanks ..

Total Configured MSRP† $37,740.00

Side and Curtain Air Bags $620
    Aluminum Kick Plate $100
    Carpeted Floor Mats $90
    Carpeted Trunk Mat $70
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $880.00
    Destination & Handling $580.00

Total MSRP† $38,660.00
    roadster? coupe? Touring? stick? auto?

Without knowing all the necessary details .... if it really is USED and not just a DEMO, then I'd be shooting for about $3K below original invoice ... which, depending on those details I'm asking, is roughly $3K below MSRP. So, if the MSRP is correct, then about $32,700 or so.

• caballero1caballero1 Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2004 G35 coupe with 35000 on the odometer, I am starting to get little rattles and a strange kinda high pitch whine coming from the trans. My problem is that Infiniti charges so much for servicing and parts, I wondering if this might be a good time to trade it in. I do love the car and enjoy the performance, but due to the economics of my situation, would a Z be a good choice to replace this car. I know I have better options on the G35 but I'm looking at this in the long run, I figure soon I will start to incur maint charges as the car gets older, can anyone tell me how the Z is on maint charges and other than feathering tires any other major complaints
    Same engine and trans, so, really, maintenance should be the same.

And, on top of that, you MAY incur higher costs in the form of tires for the Z.

If your car is making strange noises, that could very well be a warranty issue and you should get it in to the dealer before 36K miles.

• zee1zeeonlyzee1zeeonly Member Posts: 5
    Well, for anyone that does not live in the Middle TN area...what a drag for Z's. Every dealership I have been to so far has maybe two on the lot, and the sales people are telling me I have to pay exorbitant fee's to get on shipped...Forget that. This is ridiculous. These guys play like they have some sort of magic potion that everyone wants to get their hands on. I want a Z really bad but I can go elsewhere to get it. Has anyone every special ordered a Z, either from factory or from another dealer with exact specifications? What kind of extra fee's did you have to pay? Is it really out of the question for me to expect to get exactly what I want, or will I have to settle for something that is "as close as possible"? :cry:
    extra fees? There are no extra fees for special ordering. HOWEVER, it is typically tougher to get the buy price as low on a special order as on one sitting on the lot. Obviously, when special ordering, they KNOW this is EXACTLY what you want and are certainly willing to charge closer to MSRP for it than one they have sitting around that may not be exactly what you are looking for.

• carquestioncarquestion Member Posts: 2
    I am going to test drive a 350Z this thursday (in two days) but when i pulled up the history report on this car it has 1 record found under liens. I called the dealership as if they would admit to anything and asked them if that in some way would have an effect on me the buyer. He said it would not it just means the previous owner returned the car prior to its leasing period. I know liens on anything can not be good can anyone please tell me if what this dealer said sounds right. The price of the car is 28K and change which i find quite low. Sometimes when it sounds to good to be true it is and i dont want to be on the other side of the fence when i get my car reposessed or who knows. Thank you all hope you can help me. :confuse:
  • carquestioncarquestion Member Posts: 2
    can anyone answer my question? Thanks
    First, you must have patience around here. This isn't a chat room. Most folks are probably like me and, at best, get to come here and check new posts MAYBE once or twice a day.

Second, I need ALL the details on the car to be able to tell you if the deal is really too good to be true.

Third, I'm not sure about the lien issue. I don't think it should pose any problem. My instinct is that Carfax records are going to be behind the times, so if someone just turned it in within the last 30 days, I could see Carfax not showing that yet.

Hey miata

how about 05 enthusiast manual for 30k out the door?

thanks for any info

nizan
    Being in bay area, your tt&l comes up to almost 10%. That means the car cost about $27,xxx. Can you tell me what option does it have? If it ablsolutely has no options included, then add the destination to it will come out to be a little bit above $27000. Sounds like you got the car at invoice. If u like the car and the color, I say go for it.

It will be better if you can include the invoice, msrp, and options in the futuren.

• tenzotenzo Member Posts: 24
    ok.. i can't believe that i didn't mention about it..
    it is a 35 th aniversary hard top .... black w/ 2 ton color seat
    thanks...
    Miata

test drove an 05 enthusiast automatic... options: side air bags, mats, trunk mat.
    OTD $31K.
  • mediaguy2mediaguy2 Member Posts: 38
    I'm about to buy or lease a 2005 yellow 350z enthusiast coupe, 6 speed with the following options -- aluminum kickplates, cargo convenience package, floor mats, flap guards, side airbags. the dealer is quoting me a price of 27,490, which he says is $568 below invoice. this is his opening offer so there's room to negotiate. also, he's getting the car from another dealer. so my question is -- is this a good deal for a 2005 in mid-august with few cars around. also how far do you think i can go with them in lowering it? since i hope to consumate this deal asap, any quick answers will be most appreciated. TIA.
    seems like his numbers jive with what i'm seeing here on edmunds for invoice, etc. so i don't see a problem with $568 below invoice. he won't technically be taking a loss on the car, considering holdback, but he's not making any money, that's for sure. I say go for it.

Thanks for the quick response! do you think it;s possible to do better than his initial offer, like getting it for $27,000? i know that's pure speculation, but go ahead and speculate. again TIA. i test drive a mini cooper s over the weekend, and while i love the looks feel it's a bit too small to feel safely comfrtable. also just test drove a jeep wrangler (i've had them before) and it's like a flivver. as youy can see my wife and i are looking for a play car, not a fulltime (we have a toyota SUV) for that. out of all three i think the 350z is the most dynamic looking and seems like a great price for a really cool car, though i don't think our two westies will fit in the car wityh us, lol. anway, your thoughts???
    well, like i said, i think they are already making $0 on the car at the quoted price ... so asking for more off is asking them to take a loss.

honestly, from my perspective, if a dealer comes at me right off the bat with a price like that, I'd be willing to take it just because I would feel they are being straight shooters and hitting me with their best price without the headache of negotiating. BUT, ok, I suppose, if I put myself in your shoes ... i might ask if that's their bottom line price, blah blah blah... just push a LITTLE. But keep it real light and friendly because I DO think the offered price is great and i like having a good relationship with the dealer ... so ultimately accepting their offer without putting them over the coals would help foster that relationship. Know what I mean?

Intelligent reply. the thing is the dealer is far from me and i would never go there for service, but use a dealer close by, so the public relations aspect becomes moot. i guess i'll see if he will try to do a bit better and see what happens. btw, i am in southwestern connecticut and there is a major shortage here of the 350z coupes, particularly base and enthusiast so i actually feel lucky i found one in my color choice. we are not "racers" so do you feel the enthusiast model will work for us. the sales guy said that since it doesnt have some of the safety features of the touring we should just be careful driving. is that planting a seed for us to spend more? or are we okay with the enthusiast, safety-wise. price-wise it works for me because i didn't want to spoend in the 30 thou range. TIA
    the only thing i know of off-hand that you'd be missing is the stability control.

considering i turn it off most days, i don't think you'll be missing much.

like you said, this is a toy ... so just don't drive in bad weather (like me) and you'll be absolutely fine.

• baserunnerbaserunner Member Posts: 5
    I am going to lease a new 2005 350z Roadster Grand Touring. The dealer quoted me the msrp is around $41,500 but he would not disclose the invoice price on this car. How and where can I find out an estimated invoice price on this car? Is there still any rebates, cash incentives or whatever promotions on this 2005 350z, since the new 2006 model is just around the corner? Does anyone know the 2006 model has any major or minor changes to the exterior and interior?

Thanks for helping.

Frederick
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,788

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

you can find '06 info in the regular 350z discussion here:
    scanty, "Nissan 350Z" #1858, 18 Aug 2005 6:19 pm

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan 350Z. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • rn05rn05 Member Posts: 3
    I am trading in my 350z Touring model and want to know if the trade in they are giving me is a good deal or not. Kelly blue book and Edmunds prices are so far apart I am not sure. It has 17,500 miles. Aerodynamic package. It has a Lo jack installed. It is in great condition. They want to give me 22, 500 for the car and I getting the new car for $250 above invoice.

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,788
    Try posting your message here:

Real World Trade-In Values

Be sure to follow the template at the bottom of the discussion... and give plenty of details..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.