Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• natehughesnatehughes Member Posts: 1
    Hey all, I just did some negotiating for a 350z and the money factor I was quoted was .0029 which is 6.96 percent. That seems a little too high to me, but the guys I talked to said Nissan isn't offering any support on the 350z leases right now. Does anyone know anything more about this? Has anyone leased a z through nissan recently and gotten a better or the same money factor?
  • dslam1dslam1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I have been looking at getting a new car in the past few months and looking to buy around april time. Currently i have gone through 25+ cars and have narrowed it down to the 350Z and Acura TL i already have a quote with acura for a lease payment but i was wondering if anyone knew the residual for the 350Z. Basically i am looking for a 2 year 15K lease and am going to put a down payment equal to the depreciation of the vehicle, or in other words i will only pay finance charges. I have quoted out an acura tl with nav msrp around $36k even though i will get at invoice and with putting 9100 down with a bad int rate (9._ %) my payment still stays in the 130 - 250 a mo price range. I can afford up to 1100 a month for a car but would rather keep it in this range so i can get a speedboat and SUV as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :D
  • amixamamixam Member Posts: 17
    I'm close to closing on purchasing an '04 350Z roadster w/14K miles on it. It is not certified yet, the dealer will do it for $600. My question is, should I do the certification, or buy the preowned extended warranty? They are quoting me 1688 for the preowned to 100K miles. Thanks. :shades: Can't wait till they deliver it!!!!!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    how many miles does the certified warranty carry with it?

never mind. i just looked it up. Certified is also 100k miles, but is 36 months. What I am unclear on is if that is 36 months from the date of sale or 36 months after the factory warranty expires? So that's a question to ask. But, either way, I would personally think the $600 is a better deal than $1700. How long is that extended warranty good for? Even if its like 7yr/100k, the car is 2 years old, so that leaves 5 years. Even if the certified program starts from the purchase date, rather than the expiration of the factory warranty, it would last for 3 years. So they are charging you $1100 for an additional 2 years. Do you think its worth it?

And, heck, if you are going to hit 100k before 5 years from now, then its not even an additional 2 years.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi unclejbird. The lease payment for the car that you are interested in will depend upon a number of factors, including its MSRP, selling price, how long you lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. I would be happy to give you an idea of what your lease payment for the exact 350Z that you want should be like right now if you provide me with the aforementioned information. I can tell you how much it would cost to lease with no down payment and what sort of money you would need to put down to hit the $400 a month target that you have in mind. Having said this, it's never a good idea to make capitalized cost reductions when leasing. Anyhow, let me know and I'll run some calculations for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi glhboy. I'd be happy to give you an idea of what the lease program is like on the car that you are interested in right now. However, I cannot estimate what your lease payment will be without knowing its full MSRP. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe base model through Nissan Motor acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00275 and 48%, respectively. I provided you with this car's 15,000 mile per year residual value because that is the highest mileage allowance that NMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

I probably do not need to tell you this, but you would be better off waiting until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get something new. Not only will you end up paying much more for your Z than you normally would have by rolling so much negative equity into your lease, but you probably will not be able to roll it all in. If this is the case, then you will have to pay thousands of dollars out of your own pocket at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • mc4lifemc4life Member Posts: 1
    Ok I made a stupid mistake signing the paper for an automatic Z 2 months ago..I test drove both but the dealers somehow convinced me of getting the AT...But I really want that 6MT...My question is how much will I be upside down on my lease if I want to trade it for a Manual or is that even possible?
  • zluverzluver Member Posts: 4
    I have a dealership offering $300 below invoice on all 2006 350Zs. I know there's no rebate on the 2006s right now, but it sounds like there are some dealer incentives. Is this a good deal? :)
  • fighter1fighter1 Member Posts: 18
    Sounds like a very good deal. I am looking for brand new 350Z. Carsdirect.com sale 350Z for invoice + 1K in Chicago, IL. Whould you mind to let me know name and location of your dealer?
  • zluverzluver Member Posts: 4
    I'm dealing over the internet with Bankston Nissan in Dallas.
    Hi mc4life. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". One of our most knowledgeable community members, Terry, frequents that discussion and he is often kind enough to give community members who give him an accurate description of their vehicles with his opinion on their value. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    There is a leftover '05 Touring Roadster, automatic, with side air bags, mats, cargo net, etc. that supposedly listed for $40,000 that the dealer is now offering for $34,000. Good deal? It's new, never been titled, has 55 or so miles on it, of which I put on about 15 during the test drive. Dealer says it arrived around end Sept., early Oct. last year, so people bought the 06's instead. So he wants to get rid of this puppy.

Those of you who bought '05s, would you do it again? Did you have the notorious tire feathering problem?
  • 4runnerv8sport4runnerv8sport Member Posts: 5
    Biancar, just left you a post on the Volvo C70 thread, then was reading here and see you basically answered my question re: your 350z purchase. There is a '05 Touring MSPR $37.4K available for $32K. That includes $1K mfg rebate. I'm considering it. Any thoughts?
    Sorry, I forgot to put tracking on this thread and didn't see your message.

For 32K, sure, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. You might possibly even get a bit more off. Is it a color you like? Sounds like it's not quite equipped like mine was. Is this Manual or Automatic?
    Or maybe doesn't have the upgraded wheels? Mine originally stickered at $40,060 (base price, including AT - 37,850, wheels - $1200, plus mats, splash guards, cargo net, kickplates, trunk mat - $430 all together, plus dest. $580), I bought it at $33,500, a discount of $6,560. New '06's, equipped in the same way, are around $41,000-plus.

I'm enjoying mine so much. Bought it a week ago exactly, and already put more than 300 miles on it! Really fun, I'm so glad I test-drove it. Hadn't planned on a roadster at all!

It's been a few days since you posted your message, so perhaps you've already made your decision. If so, what did you do?
  • cvpacguycvpacguy Member Posts: 14
    Hey Car_man, can you post the current buy rate money factors and residual values for an '06 350Z coupe w/no options? Looking at both 24mos/15k and 36months/15k. Thanks!
  • sxzbztsxzbzt Member Posts: 15
    One of the Nissan Dealerships around where I work has a 2006 slightly used 350z Roadster in Daytona Blue Grand Touring trim.
    Ever since Nissan came out with the 350z, I have wanted a Roadster in Daytona Blue and leather interior. So this is perfect for me

Is there anything I should look out for when I buy? The list is $34995. Carfax checked out fine. How much should I offer for this? I am thinking 30000 best offer

Since it is a Nissan Dealer, can I trust the car to not be a lemon? It still has most of the warranty. Anything else I should watch out for? The dealer says the previous owner got pregnant.

I am a first time Z buyer and really want to enjoy my car. Any help would be appreciated!
  • 4runnerv8sport4runnerv8sport Member Posts: 5
    I ended up getting it. I was driving by the dealer with a friend and pulled in to show my friend the car through the window (was on the showroom floor). Well, I peered in (I thought the dealership was closed on Sundays) and there was a salesman on me in minutes. 3 hours later I was driving off with it. My experience was not nearly as smooth as yours, the back and forth was the worst I've experienced anywhere for a new car and I was highly annoyed. Sticker was $38,200 and finally settled on a price of $30,400 before tax and "admin fee" (a/k/a "padding"). Also got the 7yr/70K warranty for another $1,200. You were correct in your assumption, this one has the 17" wheels and MT (which was a must for me anyway). Everything else is the same. This is silver. I was originally searching for black, but they had a slightly used '05 black next to an '06 silver and I was drawn to the silver instead.

The next day my friend bought an immaculate '04 Porsche Boxster with 10k on it. GORGEOUS car! Paid slightly more than I did (private seller, no tax in GA!!). Has far more cargo room than the Z, but not in the same league speed-wise. For $12K+ less than the C70, I would have taken either of these instead.

One other note: yesterday my tire pressure monitoring system alarm went off (it's quite loud!) telling me my right rear tire pressure was low. I happen to be near the dealer and pulled in. They found nothing and inflated it. Today it went off again, same tire. I went in again and they noticed a huge staple nail in my sidewall. Not repairable so there's unexpected $$$ out the door for me. Bright side is proof that the tire monitoring system works and it possibly saved me a blowout, which are common with sidewall damage.
    Yikes, sorry to hear about the tire!

Anyway, sounds like you got a good deal on the car. Is this the light "chrome silver" or the darker "silverstone?" You did well with that color - to me, black is not a convertible color!

Are you having fun with it? :shades:
    Seems to me $30,000 or so would be a good price. Do you know what the original sticker was, or can you figure it out?

That's funny about the original owner getting pregnant - they always say Z's are sexy cars!! :shades:

If everything checks out for you, and the miles are really low, probably 10 - 12k less than original sticker would be a very good deal.

Daytona Blue is a nice color, and not seen very much, so you'll have a nice unique touch there.

All I can say is I'm loving mine! (Redline over black leather, Touring model).
    Don't know if the car was directly responsible for the pregnancy :D That was most probably a dealer story!!

Original sticker price is around 37500 w/0 padding from what I can tell.

30000 is something I know they won't do. Its been sitting at the dealer for 3 weeks so they would rather let it sit at the dealer than give it to me for that price.

I checked out trade in value for an 2005 and it was 30000.
    since this one is a 2006, I would say it would be a little bit more (15% depreciation I would say).

I am thinking of offering 32000 for it or 34608 with padding. What do you think? Is it a good price for a 2006 with 1295 miles?
    What do you mean exactly by "padding?" Obviously you have to pay taxes, title, tag, so is that what you mean, $34,600 out the door?

All I can say is I paid $33,500 (not counting taxes, tags, etc.) for my new, '05, touring model Roadster with 49 miles on it when I did the first test drive. Dealer processing fee was $199, par for the course around here.

You said this one was Grand Touring? If it's a Roadster the original sticker would have been more than 37,500, would be closer to 41 or 42k. A coupe would be around 37,000. Then you've got just barely enough miles on it to have it broken in (it's 1295, not 12,950?). So, between 32 - 34k would probably be a good price.

Try running it through Edmunds TMV worksheet here, accounting for "excellent" condition, the 1295 miles, whatever options (cargo net, mud guards, etc. are probably on it, right?), and see what you get. Make sure you put in the right model, coupe or roadster. Then shoot for a thousand or so less than TMV, to account for the model year being about 3/4 over, and see what happens.

Or just pay the man, and start having fun, whatever suits your patience level! :shades:
    Thanks for your reply biancar!!

By padding I meant everything on top of the base price. So yes that includes tax title and dealer processing fee.
    Actually From my visit to the dealer, it was a touring not a Grand Touring.The guy on the phone didn't know the right model info. So this is the same as your model.

How did you get your Roadster for 33500? I looked up Edmunds for invoice price on a 2006 touring Roadster. It was around 35744. Did you get yours for 2244 below invoice or did Nissan increase prices that much on the 2006 model? Or is it because of my location (Alpharetta, GA)?

Anyway I put in an offer of 32000 (not including taxes and fees) counting for 15% depreciation over the TMV price of 37800 (for the 2006 touring Roadster). The dealer said he couldn't play ball because of the color being so rare (supposedly only two daytona blue roadsters available in the SouthEast). Can the color account for such a difference in price?

Feel like I am at an impasse here until I increase my offer which I don't want to. They have had that car in their used car division for 3 weeks and still won't sell it at what I think is a reasonable price.
    I got such a good deal because mine is an end of year, left-over 2005, not a 2006, for starters. Plus, because I'm a good negotiator! ;)

Also, it didn't hurt that I've been taking our Maxima in for service to this dealer for the last six years. They know I'm a good customer and will be bringing this one in for service for years to come, as well. If they didn't make much on the sale, they eventually will make it on the service.

You might have to bite the bullet and go up some. Your dealer is probably right that the blue is hard to find. I did a search around here before I pulled the trigger on my red one, and I noticed that black and silver models were easy to find, but white, red and blue were all very rare.

For an '06, in the color you want, well-equipped, 34k is probably not a bad price. Maybe try offering 33 and see if dealer will accept. Thing is a new '06 would cost you around very high 30's, probably. So 33 - 34k really is not a bad price for the very low miles on this particular car.

Also ask about their free tire program - in order to get it you have to have ALL scheduled maintenance services done at that dealer. If that is ok with you, might help make the sale.

Edited to add - I just went to the TMV calculator and ran some samples on a new 2006. Typically equipped (with AT, splash guards, cargo net, carpets, etc.) TMV came to $38,034. Add in 18" wheels (which mine also has) and TMV increases another $1500. Both Redline and Daytona Blue have a "color adjustment" upwards (Redline - $59 more and Daytona Blue - $30 more.)

So, depending on exactly how this car you're considering is equipped, I'd still say 33 to 34k would be a very good price. Anything under $35k is probably reasonable. (That's again assuming you're right on the mileage, that it's 1295, which means just past the "broken in" dividing line of 1200 miles.)

Good luck!
    Thanks for the advis Biancar!

I am seriously thinking about it. I think I may be able to get it for 33000 if the dealer still has it since they were willing to consider my 32000 offer. But I don't think this one has the 18" wheels since those are only chrome right? I am still a little jealous of your great deal. Wish I had your negotiating skills!!

Who knows when I will be able to locate a Daytona Blue Touring Roadster again?

A lot of people have been test driving this car so the miles have gone up from 1296 to 1310 but even then I don't mind. It is definitely a fun car without the "stigma" of a luxury brand name.
  • 350zis300350zis300 Member Posts: 1
    I just went to Nissan dealer yeasterday, and got a offer for 34K before tax. sticker price is 37.5K, plus..
    they can not this car anywhere in Eastern Cost.
    so i end up ordering from Japan, and i will get this car in next 2 months.. is this good deal? or bad deal? or average deal? what do you guys think? :confuse:
    What options, if any? Have you run it through the Edmunds TMV calculator?

But it sounds like you're negotiating on a car that the dealer doesn't even have, is that right? Usually that's not a good idea. Better to go on-line and check Nissan inventory within, say, 50 miles of you, and see if you can find what you want closer to home. You will virtually always get a better deal on a car that a dealer actually has sitting on his lot versus ordering something.
    "But I don't think this one has the 18" wheels since those are only chrome right?"

No, the wheels are a light silver alloy, but they're not shiny chrome. Look on the tires to be sure; if they're 18" (or whatever they are) it will be on the sidewall.

Who knows when I will be able to locate a Daytona Blue Touring Roadster again?

Well, you're right about that. If this is really and truly the car you want... well, think long and carefully about the interplay between your budget and your wants! While I commend you for sticking to a budget, at the same time if you *could* afford to go a little higher and get this car, which seems to be a very good deal even at a little more than you're presently offering - well, just think about it pretty carefully. One risk: spending more than you want to. Second risk: losing out on a bargain-priced, nearly new, car that you like.

Cars will come and go. So will money! Up to you which means more to you at the moment.

Just FWIW: I went to the dealer this a.m. to pick up my plates. He has NO roadsters on the lot right now: after I bought mine, someone else bought the black Grand Touring model he had, and that was it for a while. He's got at least two coupes, one in Interlagos Fire, getting dusty, doesn't look like it's been moved from its parking place since I last saw it a month ago, and a brand new one in light silver.

Roadsters are really not all that easy to find, especially at a discounted price.
    So, did you get it? The world is waiting to know.

Of the three of us posters most active here recently (you, 4runnerv8sport, and me), you're the only hold-out not running around town, enjoying the sunshine, in a beautiful 350Z roadster right now!

Not that there's any pressure or anything.... ;)

I have nearly 1700 miles on mine now, in exactly 4 weeks of ownership. Went down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for a couple weeks - absolutely gorgeous driving in the counties slightly west of the beaches around there, through a nature preserve, near the Alligator River, and so on. It was so much fun doing that in a convertible, a completely different experience than in a closed-up sedan.
  • corndoggcorndogg Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for the current money factors and residuals for 2006 350z's. It seems like the 39 and 48 month terms have the best residuals but I am flexible. 12k and 15k preferred.

Thanks
  • nghtshd88nghtshd88 Member Posts: 7
    October of 05....
    2k, yellow 35th aniv. edition for $4800, beat that price
  • sasukesasuke Member Posts: 77
    Has anyone leased any 350z base coupes lately? What were the #s?
  • wannazeewannazee Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

As you might expect, I am testing a Z this weekend and want to arm myself with the knowledge and considered opinions of those who came before. I have been hunting for a ragtop in sunny Cleveland (AKA-the mistake on the lake) for a few months now and stumbled across a beauty on autotrader... So here it goes:

2004 Z roadster with 8400 miles on the clock. Car lived in FLA for first part of it's life (snowbird.... ):one-owner trade-in on a new 2007 Mercedes-Benz SL550(it is at an MB dealer). Z is pearl white paint with light gray interior and a blue top. (absolutely stunning color combination), The dealer is not sure on the model type, so here are the options: Cassette, Multi Compact Disc, ABS (4-Wheel), Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, Bose Premium Sound, Dual Front Air Bags, Front Side Air Bags, Dual Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, Traction Control, Leather, Alloy Wheels, Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS), Front/rear stabilizer, P225/50WR17 SBR high performance front tires, P235/50WR17 high performance rear tires, 4-wheel vented disc brakes w/Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Nissan Direct Ignition System (NDIS), Speed-sensitive pwr rack & pinion steering, Viscous limited slip differential, Traction control system, 17 7-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, Too much info yet :blush: ????

They are asking 31995.00 which is right where EDMUNDS said they'd be... My question: where is my line in the sand? 27??? 26.5???

Opinions?

Thank you ALL very much in advance for any advice you offer!!!!!
    Wanna (Z) :shades:
    That would be a Touring model.

But, if they don't know, keep that under your hat. I'm not sure how they can fairly price it without knowing, but whatever.

Anyway ... I'm "feeling" $27,5. give or take $500.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Sounds about right to me, too.

Two months ago I bought a new Z Touring Roadster, '05 (left over from December), for $33,500, plus free tires if I get all my service work done at the dealer. (Incidentally, dealer started at $34,500, didn't take long to go down a thousand. There were some good dealer incentives/rebates from Nissan at the time.)

So for an '04, I'd say high 20's should be a fair price. I wouldn't pay $32,000 for a car that's already got some miles on it like that.

Have you discovered the my350z.com site? You might want to check in there too. The '03's and some of the '04's had a tire alignment problem which lead to feathering. Nissan was fixing this under warranty. You might want to check and see if this car's tires have been re-aligned.

Also look at the sticker on inside of the driver's side front door and see when it was made. The later in '04 it was built, the better, as the so-called "04.5" cars in the latter half of the year supposedly were tweaked a bit to avoid this problem.

By the way, if this is going to be your daily driver in Cleveland, also plan on spending some bucks for dedicated snow tires and rims. Those high-performance tires are also known as "don't even THINK of driving me in snow" tires.

All that said, I really love this car. Fun to drive, feels very stable on the highway, looks great - what's not to love? ;)
  • wannazeewannazee Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the fast replies! I really appreciate the advice and the tips to watch out for. It may become academic i fear... Just had a REAL buzz-kill of a chat with my insurance guy... Here's the thing. Until this little hottie came along and stole my heart, i had pretty much decided on a new Mustang GT ragtop. When I found the Z and it really turned my head. H U G E difference in rates!!!! :surprise: Nearly double! Have you all found the same??? Has to do with IGR's (insurance group ratings; accidents/thefts/etc...) The V8 was cheaper?!?!?!?

biancar, would you REALLY drive a Z in the snow? For some reason--maybe the low profile--that thought hadn't even occurred to me... Maybe the 'stang, but not the Z. Anyone with any winter driving experiences?
    biancar, would you REALLY drive a Z in the snow?

Absolutely not. My Z will be garaged if there is even a hint of snow in the air. I live in Virginia (and in the summer, in the Outer Banks of NC), so snow is not that frequent, fortunately. Maybe two or three weeks out of the winter, four at most, on average.

But I grew up in Michigan and am very familiar with "lake effect" snow! You mentioned Cleveland so I was just pointing out that you'll need different tires if you plan on winter driving. If you're garaging it, that's much, much smarter, of course.

Insurance: it was amazing how LOW my insurance rates were. I have USAA. For my 6 year old Maxima plus the new Z, total is around $900 per year. The Max alone I think was around $500.

Maybe you should check around for better rates. What helped me: we have a high deductible (I want insurance for calamities, not for nickel and dime stuff), I'm married and retired, both cars are for low-mileage pleasure driving rather than commuting (live near Metro, so even when I was working, the Max was considered a low-mileage, for pleasure only, driver.) And both cars with one carrier was another discount.

Maybe have another chat with your insurance guy and see if you can work the numbers differently. Ask what it would be with $1,000 deductible. If it still comes out really high, and assuming you are older than 25, then start calling around. GEICO, State Farm, see what else you can get.
    that insurance issue is really strange. I'd say it must be a company thing. My insurance rates have been the same for my volvo, lincoln, 350z, and now my accord. Why? Because each one was classified as a "sporty" car according to my insurance company. The "T5" moniker on the volvo thrust it into that category, as well as the "v8" in the lincoln, and the 6-speed tranny in the accord (the z is pretty obvious why it qualifies as such).

• tenzotenzo Member Posts: 24
    I got a car and this is the deal!!
    Tell me what u guys r thinking

======================================
    Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
    Base MSRP† $37,650
    Exterior Color
    Magnetic Black
    Interior Color
    Ventilated Burnt Orange Leather
    Transmission
    6-speed Manual
    Packages and Options
    Orange Seats incl
    Side Air Bags incl
    Accessories††
    Carpeted Floor Mats $90
    Subtotal $37,740
    Destination and Handling $605
    Total Configured MSRP† $38,345
    Invoce $35,489

the dealer offer me $1000 below invoice which means 34489 +tax and fees

tell me about it!!
    Sounds good! This is an '06? Nissan must be starting with the dealer incentives to clear them out before the '07's come around.

So how are you liking it? Grin permanently plastered on your face now? ;)
    Is this an '06? Is there a trade involved? Does this car have any miles?

If the answers to these questions are yes, no, and no, then that's a fantastic deal. There are no incentives on the '06 Z right now, so the dealer is wanting to move the car for next to zero profit for some strange reason.

• tenzotenzo Member Posts: 24
    Yes, Thats a 06' model. I dont really know why they do that. yes i do have a trade in; however one of my friends bought one and he got same deal(he did not have trade in he just bought it) The car has 7 miles on it, not a demo just fresh. I think that I will buy it.
    Soundds like a great deal to me.
  • chromazchromaz Member Posts: 1
    I've been after a 2006 350 Z Roadster for about 2 months now and my overall experience has been like pulling teeth. I am worried that when I get the car, it will only remind my of what a difficult time I went through to get it and I will not appreciate it as much. I was that someone would please comment on the quote I got today.

The car quoted comes as follows:
    2006 350 Z Roadster, 6SP Manual, Mag. Black & Burnt Orange.
    Base: 36,993 (invoice) & 40,000 (msrp)
    Alum Kick Plates: 78 (invoice) & 110 (msrp)
    Floor Mats: 64 (invoice) & 90 (msrp)
    Cargo Net: 37 (invoice) & 50 (msrp)
    Orange Net Seats: 0 (invoice) & 0 (msrp)
    Side Airbags: 0 (invoice) & 0 (msrp)
    Splash Guards: 108 (invoice) & 140 (msrp)
    Trunk Mat: 54 (invoice) & 70 (msrp)
    Freight Chrg: 605 (invoice) & 605 (msrp)
    Total: 37,939 (invoice) & 41,065 (msrp)

The best offer I received today was this:

Dealer A: (Getting the car from Dealer B)
    OPTION 1A: 38,339.05 + 1,194.95 (fees) = Selling price of 3,9446.30. 36 MONTHS LEASE, 12K Miles/Year, 1,000 T.O.P. = $685.00 incl. taxes.

Option 2A: 38,339.05 + 1,194.95 (fees) = Selling price of 3,9446.30. 48 MONTHS LEASE, 12K Miles/Year, 1,000 T.O.P. = $610.22 incl. taxes.

Dealer B: (Driving -> 1:18 away from home.)
    OPTION 1B: 37,839.05 + ???(fees) = Selling price of ???. 36 MONTHS LEASE, 12K Miles/Year, 1,000 T.O.P. = $676.89 incl. taxes.

Option 2B: 37,839.05 + ???(fees) = Selling price of ???. 48 MONTHS LEASE, 12K Miles/Year, 1,000 T.O.P. = $595.46 incl. taxes.

In Conclusion, out of all the dealers I've negotiated with this was the best offer yet, but I feel it's still too high and in the luxury car range. Should I drive the 1:18 hours to Dealer B, basically I am only saving $8.11 on the 36 month lease or $14.76 on the 48 month lease. Dealer B said they would do $100.00 under the total invoice vs Dealer A was $400.00 over the total invoice. I feel there might still be room for negotiation with Dealer B, but I am starting to loose hope on this car. Do you think the price is OK, is it way too high, or should I pull some more teeth from Dealer B?

Thank you,
    ChromaZ
    :sick:
    Dealer A is essentially charging you $500 to get the car from Dealer B, yet somehow he's worked the numbers so it costs you just $300 more over the cost of a 3-year lease. Is $300 worth it to you to drive an hour and a half?

Sounds like you don't have many Nissan dealers near you, so might be harder to strike a bargain.

For the record, here are two cars I found locally at Darcars in Maryland. One is a Touring with automatic; one is a Grand Touring with manual. I'm not allowed to give e-mail or phone; you can figure it out with a quick google search. The dealership will respond to e-mail requests for quotes. Maybe this will give you some idea of what other dealers are asking. (Note: I have never bought a car from this place, have never even been there, but they are known in the area for low prices.)

-----------------------
    2006 Nissan 350Z Touring
    Vehicle Location: DARCARS Nissan
    Rockville, MD 20855

MSRP: $39,515
    Invoice Price: $36,505

Bodystyle: 2 door Convertible
    Engine: 3.5L V6
    Transmission: Automatic
    Ext. Color: Daytona Blue
    Int. Color: Frost
    Stock Number: 643007
    VIN: JN1AZ36A46M451870
    Model Code: 5671
    City MPG
    18 Hwy MPG
    Actual rating will vary with options, driving conditions, habits and
    vehicle condition.
    ---------
    2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring
    Vehicle Location: DARCARS Nissan
    Rockville, MD 20855

MSRP: $40,865
    Invoice Price: $37,754

Bodystyle: 2 door Convertible
    Engine: 3.5L V6
    Transmission: Manual
    Ext. Color: Redline
    Int. Color: Carbon
    Stock Number: 643015
    VIN: JN1AZ36A56M452395
    Model Code: 5696
  • panda2panda2 Member Posts: 2
    Is there any one know what would be best deal.
    I'm living in DC area.
    Most Nissan dealers around here (I'm in No. VA.) have their inventories on line. If you're near Darcars, you might want to look there; they have one of the larger inventories. If you're near Springfield, look at Mike Pallone Nissan, they have a few but I'm not sure what trim lines.

I'd say to start just by checking inventories on line and shooting off an e-mail to anyone who seems to have what you want.
  • panda2panda2 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your idea.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    you should check out carmax in baltimore, they sell new nissans at under invoice, including z's!
    By the way, an even faster way to check inventories is to go to the kbb website and look under "new cars." Eventually you'll get to a screen that asks you to enter your zip code, and then there's a screen that has a "check inventories" button. That will take you to a list of local inventories within about a 30 mile or so radius, all on one page so you don't have to go to numerous dealer websites.

I was at Mike Pallone's this a.m. getting an oil change. They currently have 3 Z coupes: a Silverstone, an Interlagos Fire, and a Daytona Blue. List prices are around $34 - 35k. They all have the additional side and curtain air bags. I didn't notice trim lines, sorry.

The Interlagos Fire has been there since at least mid-April, when I bought my car, so you might be able to get the best deal on that one. The other two are recent arrivals.
    Hi corndogg. This car's residual values vary depending upon what trim level you get. Since Nissan is not currently providing any sort of lease support on it, its money factors will be the same for all variants though. If you were to lease any '06 350Z through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 or 48 months, its buy rate lease money factor should be .00275.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
This discussion has been closed.