Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tobitobi Member Posts: 3
    Yes,I thought this was the wrong kind of board for that, as I had mentioned in my prev post. Please excuse me.

But no problem tho,I got some great help on some 350z club boards.

Thanks and sorry again.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    Not a problem! My post wasn't meant to be hostile, just for information.

When you do buy your 350z, it'd be great if you'd share what you paid, and if you finally found a good dealership. I searched the Nissan discussions here for "las vegas," and couldn't find a single answer!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pscholes18pscholes18 Member Posts: 14
    Im pretty much decided im going to buy a 2004 350Z base model....im curious as to what I should ask for it...im thinking 26,500 out the door..thast including tax, lic...do you think thats a fair deal or can I get better?
  • tobitobi Member Posts: 3
    No worries I saw no hostile vibes either :) it hard to judge a persons emotions in a chat box huh? LOL

I sure will share any info I can when I get it, but as of now, like I knew already, there is NO dealer here in the whole of NV :( off to cali.

I will be contacting the people/dealers who were referred to me on the 350z boards.

I let you guys know.
  • anthonytanthonyt Member Posts: 3
    Guys, I've been looking at both the Z and the G35 coupes. So far, Infiniti doesn't want to budge from their demand of $1K over invoice. However, I've got a dealer willing to go $500 over invoice on the new 05 Z's whether its a roadster or a coupe. What do you guys think? I'm still teetering between the two but wanting to lean towards the G35. Oh the dealer is in Texas.
    Thanks
  • 350z4me350z4me Member Posts: 4
    They are both excellent cars, you won't go wrong with either choice. The $500 difference should not be determining factor. Just go with the one you like best. The advantage of the G35 is that it offers more convenience and a longer warranty coverage, but on the other hand it is expected to depreciate more than the Z.
  • flexmasterflexmaster Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to share my experience with owning a new 350Z 2005 model. I FINALLY bought my 350z from Ramsey Nissan in NJ. After reading members experience here and pricing competetion between dealers, i belive i got a fairly good deal.
    I paid 28K(EVEN) with Aero dynamic package and all standard options like carpets, kick plates etc etc, BS doc fee and reistration included. I had to pay about 1670 plus 7.5 tax. Is this a good deal for a 2005 automatic enthusiast Z?
  • rickyj59rickyj59 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 2004 Z at Turner Nissan in Sacramento for $500.00 over invoice through the Costco Membership program. No hassling, great buying experience. The dealer found the only Daytona Blue in Northern California for me and had it the following day. $34,600 otd with the $1660 chrome rims,aero package ,mats, kick plate. I love the car have put 1200 miles on it already.
  • nickgnickg Member Posts: 1
    I am purchasing a slightly used 2004 Z Touring Coupe, with 6 speed manual, Navigation, Leather heated seats, kick plates, splash guards, aerodynamic package, trunk luggage package, Bose audio, 18" alloy wheels. It has 7800 miles on it and I got the price down to $27500. White color with black interior. This is my first time posting here and im supposed to make the deal tomorrow with a private party. The person owes $39500 on the car but needs to get rid of it fast, so will pay the difference. Please tell me if you think this is a good deal.
    I want to offer $500 over invoice for a base model 2005.....do you think thats a fair deal or would I be a dummy for offering that? Also what dearlership gave all of you Cali drivers a great price with no hassle?
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    For $500 over invoice, you will have to negotiate well to get that price but it is definately a good price to offer the dealership. $500 over invoice is definately not a joke eventhough some dealers will ack like it is one. Don't let them intimidate you because of that. Do they consider it a joke if they mark up the car $5000? We are all playing a game here. Shop around to test the water. In order to get the best price, ack like you are really ready to buy eventhough you are still looking for the right price.

Also, while negotiating, tell them you will have to testdrive the S2000 before you can make your final decision. Trust me, they will do whatever they can for the most part to keep you from checking out the Honda. And last, don't spend more than 30 minutes negotiating for they will wear you out the longer you stay until you give in.

Good luck! Hope you can get the best deal at the end of the month/year.

Hey thanks for the reply...yah blows my mind these dealerships mark up invoice so much...yah I thought 500 was a good price....I might even go 200 more...and I wont sit there for more than 20 minutes!!!! I did that on the first car I bought...took forever....anyways im going to call a few dealerships and talk to the sales manager...see what they can get.
  • ebohroebohro Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

I'm looking at 04 and 05 350z's. Does anyone know what kind of incentives dealers will offer on 04 models after the new year. Currently, a local dealership has 15 04's on the lot. Can anyone please provide information on how the dealers manage situations like this? It's hard to imagine anyone buying an 04 for invoice or greater with 05's on the lot (right?).

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • diesel9diesel9 Member Posts: 2
    OK tell me if I got a good deal. I bought a 2005 Touring 5 spd auto with aero pack, mats etc. Sticker was 34095.00 I traded in a 97 Mitsubishi Diamante with 93,000. Kelly Blue book listed my trade as worth 2800.00. I told the salesman that I didn't care how they worked it Ie. trade-in/sales price below sticker etc. but I would only pay this price per month. In the end I agreed to go over my target monthly payment by about 60 bucks. But they gave me nearly 9000.00 for my trade in. So I'm paying 5.35 interest and 419 month. Did I steal it?

RV

Twepilot@aol.com
  • nyadjnyadj Member Posts: 13
    You failed to mention all of the particulars of your deal, what price did YOU pay for the car, the sticker price you mentioned is just the MSRP. You make no mention of how many months your loan is or if you had to put down any cash. Two things jump out at me immediately, which unfortunately makes me think you got bent over a barrel bad, with no vaseline noless to ease the pain. 1.) I don't care what KBB.com says your trade is worth, an old car like that is immediate wholesale material for any dealer. The dealer in no way shape or form paid you $9000 for that car. Your sales sheet may show a $9000 credit however I'm pretty certain the price of the car you think you negotiated for was raised at least $8000 by the time you signed the paperwork. That was done to cover the cost of printing a $9000 trade figure into your bill of sale. 2.) I hope you didn't read any of these boards before you shopped, because if you did it looks as though you didn't retain any important info about how to negotiate. NEVER NEVER NEVER tell a salesperson where you want your payments to be. They instantly know right away that they can manipulate their figures (e.g. your trade amount)to their advantage anyway they want. You should always negotiate on price only and all of the mathematical computations will be automatically correct once you determine your credits, downpayment, taxes and finance amount and interest rates. Can you tell us those figures of your deal? Then you could at least have an answer from "us know it alls", ha ha.
  • diesel9diesel9 Member Posts: 2
    Re: my deal....72 months...5.35%...1500 down....8860 for my trade and sales price of 34095 for the car. I accepted the sales price as is because even I know the trade-in wasn't worth anything over 4500.

RV
  • sahmed33sahmed33 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 05 350Z Touring w/ Nav and curtain airbags at invoice. Corona Nissan (in LA area) was very professional and honest. I also purchased 7yr/100K Nissan Extended Gold warranty for $1,300. I chose to buy this warranty on my own, no pressure from the dealership.
  • dangtran09dangtran09 Member Posts: 1
    $26710 + tax,tags = $27600 out the door with 4% APR and $5k down....steal?
  • jgoosejgoose Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased an '04 350Z Touring Roadster. Silverstone w/ventilated burnt orange seats, 18" wheels, every option including navigation. MSRP was $41,560. Dealer was asking 5 grand over sticker (46k)! After much haggling, got the car for invoice $38,234 at a low 2.0% finance rate thru Nissan. I did my homework and didn't let them take advantage of me...I think.

They may have got me on the Nissan extended warranty. They "lowered" the cost of the 6yr/100k mi Gold preferred warranty to $1,700. Did I get robbed? Did anybody else go for the extended warranty? If so, how much?
  • vic5vic5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Is the above price the driveout price?

Thanks

Vic
  • vic5vic5 Member Posts: 2
    I'm planning to purchase a 2005 2dr Touring Roadster 350Z in the Houston area.

What is the total driveout price I should be looking at including all the options except the navigation system?

What is the best time to buy during the month?How do I find out about any factory to customer/dealer rebates?

Thanks

Vic
  • jgoosejgoose Member Posts: 2
    My '04 Roadster: $38,234 + tax, title, registration and inspection fees (about $3,700 more). Plus the extended warranty of $1,700.

This purchase was in Long Island, NY. Got a good deal because I was an informed shopper, bought during their slow season (the week of Christmas), and Nissan was trying to unload the '04s to make room for the '05s.

You will no doubt pay more for an '05. You can find the invoice and retail prices on edmunds.com or kelly blue book. They also list rebates. As for the best deal, shop around. I found alot of useful information at carbuyingtips.com, including a downloadable buyer's offer spreadsheet. I highly recommend you visit their site.

Unfortunately, I skipped their chapter on purchasing warranties. Did anyone else purchase an extended warranty out there? What did it cost?
    Goose,

I didn't think buying an 04 Z at invoice is any great deal at all. About your warranty that you've purchased, I believe it is refundable maybe within 1 to 2 weeks of the day of purchase. You might want to check on that and get a refund on there.

Nothing in your car will go wrong and if it does, 99.9999999999% of time it will happen during the standard warranty period. And for most people, they don't keep their car for more than 4 years anyway.

• fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    jgoose bought a new car not a vacuum. Usually a car will be the most troublefree during the warranty period (3yr / 36K miles). As cars accumulate miles and get more wear and tear, they tend to have more issues and problems. Therefore, an extended warranty can be a smart purchase. My reference to a vacuum was meant to indicate that if a vacuum or computer or stereo or DVD player, etc, etc...... is going to have a problem, it will most likely surface within the first couple of monthes of ownership. I really don't think that same logic can be applied to an automobile. Is it often you hear that cars get more reliable as they age?? If that was the case, most would not buy new cars.

When we bought my wife's Tahoe we purchased an extended warranty (which we usually don't do....but it was a Chevrolet). Within 2K miles after the factory warranty ran out we had to replace the fuel pump. Within 5K miles, the CD player went bad. So, in our case at least, the extended warranty saved us about $700.00.
  • wantrx330wantrx330 Member Posts: 26
    I am interested in purchasing 350z performance or track in Portland or Seattle area. Please let me know how much over invoice you've purchased.
    I thinkimg going to go the route of buying a 04 Z since no dealership around here has any 2k5 base models. I doubt they will have any 2k4 base models either...I was told no one buys those from a dealer. So how much should I ask for a 04 model be it base or enthus?? Inovice? Under inovice? What would be a fair deal??
    Welcome, pscholes18! (as in Paul Scholes, he scores goals?)

At this point, any offer you make for a 2004 should be under invoice. The exact amount you should offer depends, of course, on which model you end up negotiating for. Back in October, one of our members reported getting an 04 for invoice:

browncoffey, "Nissan 350Z: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #52, 26 Oct 2004 9:16 am

So, if the dealership you're dealing with has 2005s on the lot, you can start talking about 04s a few hundred under invoice. Visit a few lots and you'll find out pretty quickly whether anyone is willing to negotiate with you at a below invoice starting offer. Search dealer inventory first and select the dealerships that show 04s AND 05s on the lot.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

fish8,

You are certainly free to express your opinion just like I did regarding to warranties. I want to tell you there were many times people spend more time selling me warranties rather than selling the cars. What's the reason behind? Because that's a huge profit for their company. When I was purchasing a Honda Accord few years back, the finance manager ask me why I don't want to buy extended warranty. I told him I have faith in Honda and really don't have the extra money to spend on warranty(~$1000). He was trying to explain the deal just like you did where you will never know when things would break and car repairs are very costly these day and on and on.... Guess what he did? He offer to sell the warranty to me at 50% discount and I still refused it. After 4 years driving the car, nothing have went wrong other than a few recalls and a rattle in the dash. Of course, that's only one of my experience.

On your Tahoe, can you tell me how much you pay for your warranty that save you $700 now. When are you planning on selling your car. Are you better off with the warrantly?

In my life time, almost all of my cars were trouble free for the first 100,000 mi. I did have an Altima 94 with a bad transmission but the problem was there since new so was replaced under factory warranty. Am I lucky or because I only buy from Honda, Toyota, and Nissan? Or because I did my hw?

As an electronic engineer for many years, I disagree with you regarding to automobiles are different from a stereo, dvd, vacuum, etc.... in terms of reliability. In many aspect they are similiar or the same. Factors such as reliability history, duration of ownerships, and amount of customer abuse on the products are a few things we need to consider in buying a product or warranty.

Thanks for the reply...IMHO - It all comes down to personal preference. On the Tahoe, we chose to buy an extended warranty because it was a Chevy. We didn't buy the ext warranty on my wife's Accord, because it was a "Honda". Unfortunately, that didn't work out for us.

But, I do agree that allot of the decision comes down to research and manufacturer. As to your question: "Are you better off with the warrantly?" Of course, I wouldn't have bought the ext warranty if I didn't think it was beneficial. If someone chooses not to purchase the warranty, then that is the risk they take. If you buy a Nissan, Honda or Toyota...the risk decreases.

Just as an aside: I have only purchased 1 ext warranty in my life and I have owned almost 10 cars.

Another example of an extended warranty paying for itself: My Mom drives (not for much longer though) a '98 MB E320. My Father bought an extended warranty for almost $3200 (I know its expensive) on her car. To date, the warranty has paid for almost $10,000 worth of repairs. As you would probably say, if research was done prior to them buying the MB then maybe the purchase would not have happened. But, at the time, MB had a pretty good reliability record.
    fish8,

I totally respect your decision because you have done your research before you made you decision. As for people like myself, we have to take a risk just like people not buying flood insurance and earthquake insurance for their homes. The ultimate question one have to ask himself/herself is when bad things happen, can you afford the consequences. If my car's engine blows up, I just buy another car. But if flood happens or a major earthquake hits, I am toast. Therefore I must buy home insurance to cover natural disaster no one can predicts.

I agree....well said!!
    Hahaha very good Kirstie...very good...yes He scores goals glore.....awesome...anyways heres a update, I bought a pearl white 2k5 base model from Performance Nissan in Durate CA right next to Pasadena...for 500 over invoice...I think i could of got it for less but I was just happy to get it. There were no problems because I had quoted price in the email they sent me. I highly recoommedn these guys...only bump I had was when they tried toget me to get the extended warrenty......I said no...and th at was that. THERES ONLY ONE UNITED!
    As a West Ham United fan, I strongly object to your final statement, but congratulations on your 350Z! $500 over invoice is still a great deal on a brand new vehicle, and a hassle-free experience is worth a heck of a lot.

Be sure to share ownership experiences over in our regular Nissan 350Z discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

West Ham huh?? Right on....good to talk to anyone who enjoys footie....just as long as ya dont call me a glory hunter, its all good. I actually know all about the team and watch every match so im not one of those jump on the band wagon supporters!! :) Ok this has nothing to do with the Z so ill shut up now!!
  • nyadjnyadj Member Posts: 13
    boards, I also live in Long Island (eastern portion) and would like to know the name of which Nissan dealer you bought from? Can you advise? Thank you in advance.
  • assangbidassangbid Member Posts: 13
    I just got back from a dealership in Southern California and here's their best quotation on a 05 Touring Manual:
    MSRP: $34640
    Invoice: $31640
    Their offered price: $31949
    Edmunds Invoice Price: $30700
    residual: $15870
    Money Factor: 0.00200
    36 months/36000 miles
    $895 due at signing
    Monthly Payment: $399 + tax
    They originally offered me $464 + tax monthly.
    What do you guys think of this deal? I think it's too much. It's for a Touring Manual with no other options, except it comes with floor mats, splash guards, etc and that's why they explained there is a difference in the invoice pricing from Edmunds. I'm also considering leasing a G35/FX35. Any comments on this deal would be appreciated. Thanks!!
  • bjp4bjp4 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Im going to purchase a base model Z with the aero package and 18 in wheels. Would paying invoice be a good deal. No more 04s so im in the market for an 05. Also, how much will my insurance spike . Currently i drive a civic, im a under 25, but i have a good driving record.

thanks for any help.
  • jrsimplemanjrsimpleman Member Posts: 9
    Ok, this is from what I know... take it for what it's worth. I am 25, and married (a little different), but my friend is 26 and not married. From my experience and I have the Z as a third car, my wife and I, the insurance went up $41 a month. I keep fully coverage all year around as well. My friend's insurance went up $125 a month with one ticket (less then a year). Now, it will depend on whether you will have a second, as your main, then this as your "low mileage" car, which in turn will lower the ensurance.

As for paying invoice, I would say that depends on where you live. If you are within a few miles of a major city, your doing good (especially on the East Coast). I live near DC, and I would never buy my vehicle in the city. Now, if you live outside, rural area, I would say try to deal, or at least take the invoice, but ensure that add as many goodies as you can get. Lastly, I would check Carmax for the exact same car, new, and print out the page. Then say, "Can you get me this price?" My best friend, did the exact same thing and got $2600 off his 4X4 Titan Crew Cab, but again, it depends on the dealer. So, that's as much as I can help at this moment, but if you give me your wants and color needs, I can look around the DC area for ya.

John
  • bjp4bjp4 Member Posts: 5
    hi,

I am looking for a base manual silverstone, with the aero package and maybe 18 in wheels in silverstone. I live in texas.
  • ajb3ajb3 Member Posts: 2
    I have been in need of a new car and wanted something sporty. I decided on the Nissan Z. After lots of research on pricing, options and trips to several dealers, I decided to take advantage of the 2004 leftover rebate
    (I think it ends at the end of this month). I bought the coupe touring model. This included almost every option you could put on the car. The sticker price was over 37,000. I was able to get the dealer down to about 30,000 . First of all, the car was everything I would have wanted in a 2005. I was so proud that I was able to achieve this price and on top of it..I love the car.
    However, someone I know threw in a zinger and said " not to belittle my negotiating skills" car dealers are giving cars away now.
    I was just wondering if I could have held out for more off the car ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Thanks
    Just curious...why are dealers "giving this car away"? Not sure this is true, but just wanted to ask.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    well, isn't that like $3K below invoice? And the incentive on leftovers is $2K? Is that right? So the dealer actually ate $1K on the deal, no? (and please don't mention holdback because an '04 has been sitting around so long that the holdback has been used up and then some)

By the way, the rebate does not expire on leftovers, it gets paid out to the dealer.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• lhesslhess Member Posts: 379
    I just bought an rx8, but I looked extensively at the 350Z as well. A couple of the lots I hit had maybe 1 or 2 leftover 04's (talking 350z here) and I couldn't get a better deal than a $1500 rebate and about another $1000 to $1500 off from the dealer. I was looking at a substantially cheaper car ($28 to $30K) and I really didn't press too hard on a deal because I had started leaning more toward the rx8 (and mainly because they had such good rebates on the leftover 04's). I think you did very well on your deal. All the salesmen I talked with said they don't have to rebate or discount the 350Z very much at all to move them!!

I have a friend that can always do better than I did. I could tell him, "They gave me this car!!" He'd say, "Well, I could have gotten them to pay ME to take it!!" Enjoy your car - it's one of the hottest looking rides out there!!
  • ajb3ajb3 Member Posts: 2
    I have to thank the online websites that motivated me into trying to negotiate the way I did..The dealers must hate the internet. I originally saw the car several weeks ago at a large Nissan dealership. I asked the dealer what the price on the car was. He pointed to the invoice price and I responded "but what price are you willing to take" he just shot me a glance. I offered a totally low figure of 28,000 and he said the lowest they could go was 31,000 (after sitting in the chair for 10 minutes). It didn't take too much haggling. I left the dealership to still shop and try negotiation. I found a really nice dealer and although they say the dealer isn't your friend. This guy was a very nice old man. It was a small dealership with maybe 1 leftover and 3 new ones. I sat there for a very long time. I even fell into the the credit card trick. But, he offered me the Blue 2005 at the price I was looking for. I would have done it, but my heart was set on the silverstone. Anyway, I would have thought there was something wrong with the one I purchased. But, I was able to negotiate the same price on the 2005. I then went back to the original guy a week later and offered himj30,000. It makes you wonder the true price of the car. Anyway, he said the rebate was 1,000 not 2,000. The nice dealer said it was 2,000. They do some really weird stuff with the figures. When I signed all the papers, they even wanted me to sign something that would sell my email and home address to some marketing company. I refused that, so, that might be something to look out for.

Good luck with your RX8 though !!!
    Thanks for responding !!!
  • gatorbitgatorbit Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking at a 2004 350Z for about 5 weeks. They have continually lowered the price to try to get the 04 off of thier lot. Today an older gentleman walked in while I was there and... Well he's gonna buy the car monday if I don't. I really don't think it was a setup. Anyway is this a good deal?

2004 Touring Model w/ Aero Package (Auto Trans)...for $22,250 w/ the trade-in of my 2001 Nissan 25th Aniversery Maxima? I have 108,000mi on the Maxima. The Maxima is in exellent condition other that a scratch that covers both drivers doors. The rear seat have been set in a total of 5 times. Also needs Oxygen sensors (check engine light is on)

Anyway; The sticker on the 2004 350Z is $33,600 incl. all charges. I am going to trade my Maxima in (They say 9,500). and they have as of yesterday lowered the price on the 350Z to $29,500 therfore I will pay 20K plus tax of about1,500. I need $750 to payoff loan on maxima. Therfore I will finance: 22,250

Is this a good deal?

-Lehman
  • gatorbitgatorbit Member Posts: 2
    I believe they just got 2000 buyout monies from Nissan to unload the 04's. See MSG 101 for my post... I don'y know if i'm getting a good deal or not?
    The deal sounds decent as long as you don't experience the alignment issues that plague Z's. Good luck with your purchase!!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    maybe i'm a bit late (sorry, but i'm never around on the weekends). Anyway, without looking too deep, it seems like a decent deal. maybe not a great buy price on the Z, but I think that's strong trade-in money considering the miles. so, balancing the 2 looks to be a fair deal.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• johnrblackjohnrblack Member Posts: 3
    I was able to get $300 over invoice at Maxell Nissan in Round Rock (Austin) TX. They had a white 2005 Touring Roadster, w/ automatic transmission, which is what I was looking for. They beat all other dealer's price over the Internet. No hassle, no pressure!
  • kls22kls22 Member Posts: 1
    was offered a 2004 350Z Touring roadster. 7500 miles $30,500. What do you think
This discussion has been closed.