Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

FORD IVOICE DEALERS IN CALIFORNIA

wburbankwburbank Member Posts: 18
THERE MUST BE LOTS OF F 250 OR F 350 DRIVERS IN
CALIFORNIA. I THINK WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET SOME
DEALERS HERE TO SELL AT OR VERY CLOSE TO INVOICE ON
THESE SUPER DUTY TRUCKS. I AM LOOKING TO PLACE AN
ORDER IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS, SO YOUR RESPONSE
WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THE DEALERS WHO GET LISTED
ON HERE WILL SELL A LOT OF THESE TRUCKS. MAYBE WE
CAN EVEN HELP BRING DOWN THE COST A LITTLE ALL OVER
THE STATE. LETS HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU BUYERS AND
DEAL HUNTERS. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT.....
mbhw@hotmail.com
Tagged:

Comments

• wburbankwburbank Member Posts: 18
    I found a dealer in the central valley calif. who will sell me a 2000 F250 Lariat,psd,cc,loaded to the nuts for $500 over invoice. The kicker is this. Ford will give a $500 rebate to members of the Farm Bureau. It cost $60 to join. So with membership, I can get this truck at invoice. You may want to check this out. I have not had a dealer tell me about this Ford rebate. If you want more info on this, i would be glad to share.

Unless you can find a better deal in Calif. Let me know. Have a merry.

And strangdude, thanks for the info. There is a dealer in Costa Mesa CA, who will sell at $500 over invoice. What will Galpin do?
    I placed my order for q Y2K F250 Lariat PSD loaded to the nuts. Got it at invoice as per cars at cost and edmunds pricing. I am a happy man :). If any one reads this page, they can email me and I'll give them the dealer info. Have a merry one .
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    Wburbank, tried to get info on Farm Bureau on a different post and was told it was only Dodge. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • stangdudestangdude Member Posts: 8
    Anything possible I'm sure. In My case I found the truck at Magic Ford. But the deal was at Galpin. They moved the truck from Magic to Galpin on a dealer trade. I came in around $1500 over Edmunds invoice. I don't know how much you have really looked but these trucks are HARD TO FIND.
    Plenty of Plumberstyle white ones and if you are
    not pickey on options or color and will settle for whatever is in stock you are in good shape.
    My truck is a Diesel, Supercab 4 door XLT, 4speed
    automatic, Dually finished in Gloss Black.
    A high demand item. While we were completing paperwork, buyers were all over the truck. If I
    was not willing to pay...One of them would have.
    That truck causes more neck twisting than you can imagine. When you find your's you will see for yourself!
    Good luck and have a nice Holiday
    Still wanting info on that Farm Bureau rebate. Thanks.
  • stangdudestangdude Member Posts: 8
    A friend at work told me something of interest yesterday about Magic. He has been a Santa Clarita
    resident for many years and bought 3 Fords from Magic in a row. The last time he went to buy a van conversion at Magic he was told they only had one and it was in Las Vegas. The reason being the old owner of the dealer was on another gambeling
    binge which later was publicly announced via the LA Times which wrote he lost the dealership over his vice. Now the Dealer is a Ford Motor Company owned and operated facility!
    Smell something wrong here? With deep pockets and possible price fixing I don't thing any mfg should own any dealership! What are your thoughts?
    Half right. I'll come clean. I do have personal knowledge of the happenings at Magic, if you want specific info leave me your E-mail address and I'll give you the dirt. The former owner was a gambler and was mis-managing some funds. Mostly getting behind on paying the flooring to FMCC as the cars were sold. When Ford yanked his dealership it was sold to the highest bidder which was Republic industries of Auto Nations fame. FYI Burt Bochman (owner of Galpin) is still fuming over that one. Think about it though, if Galpin bought Magic ....... can you say price fixing. Anyway, Republic brought in a lot of their upper management and tried the one price deal which failed miserably. In fact I paid sticker for my '97 Cobra which was the first time in my life I've ever done that, I did get 5.9% financing and a couple other perks from service that made it worthwhile. Eric has been there for around 12 years along with the parts guys and the service guys. There are a lot of people there from the "old days" in fact they have a very strict drug testing policy which did weed out a lot of former employees. Just so the record is straight, Republic owns Magic along with over half of the other Creekside dr. dealerships there in Valencia. They just picked up Terry York Chevy the last month or two. Magic is back to the wheeling dealing way of doing business. You can't have a one price dealership when there's at least 10 Ford stores in a 100 mile radius(maybe more) and they learned the hard way.
    Take it easy and Merry Christmas all.
    I did forget that Ford did control Magic for a few months while getting ready for auction but that was over three years ago. I got my best deal ever ($500 under dealer invoice) during that time period on my '96 F-150. Seemed like it was actually a little easier to grind with no owner looking over your shoulder.
    I was told about, the Ford $500 rebate, by the fleet manager of Westside Ford L & M,in Firebaugh Cal. This is a farming community, so I was told has long as I was member for 30 days or more, I would get the rebate from Ford, when I take delivery. Think about it, if Dodge does it, I am sure Ford and GM do it too. He was the 1st and only gut who memetioned this to me. It maybe the the big city boys do not even know about this rebate,,,,,,,, regardless of the truck line. Good luck out there ,,,,,,have a Merrrrrrrrry
  • cueballcueball Member Posts: 4
    My dealer told me about the FB rebate after we negotiated the price of my new F150 4x4. Join the FB for $60, be a member for 30 days and presto! Take $500 right off the bottom line. Since my truck is factory ordered 30 days was no problem. The FB faxed me the membership form and I was enrolled the same day (since verified). Now I just need the truck to show up :)
    I called the Fresno county FB today. I asked them about the 2 different memberships. They have a membership for farmers. They also have one for non-farmers. Farmer mems. pay $65 they get the magazine,and they can vote. Non farmers pay $50 and do not get magazine, and can not vote. The other benefits are available to either type of member. Which include Ford's $500 rebate. It also says the GM does the same thing. Did not see Dodges name on the list. So if you farm it is $65,,,,,,,if you don't it is $50.
    For $500, I'll spend $50. Other benefits include discounts on insurance, and other stuff,,,,,not unlike a member of a credit union would get. So you may save more with this member ship, I do not know. I hope this removes any doubts. They are not too fussy. Someone mentioned, they investigate you. Fot $50 or $65, they can not spend too much time investigating anything. It would not be cost effective to do that.

You all have a HAPPY Y2K. Imagine what the F250 will be like in Y3K :) I'll let you all know, when I see one. :)~~~~
    Don't mean to be unappreciative but HOW DO YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH THE FARM BUREAUS. I E-mailed the San Jacquin FB and got no response.
    Wburbank, if you have a land line to the Fresno FB I'd appreciate it. Thanx in advance.
    Cueball, any contact info from your FB would be cool also. Thanx.
    Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. Guess there is no more excuses for not ordering my crew cab.
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    As a result of 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen". It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.