Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-250 Owners

Comments

• karengkareng Member Posts: 2
    I am "babysitting" my brothers 2004 F250 Turbo Diesel while he is out of the country on Marine Corp business. I have been driving the truck once a month to work and back since July, but this month it wouldn't start. I waited for the coil light to go off, and it just wouldn't turn over. It acted like it was flooded. So I waited a while and tried again and it still wouldn't start. Both the batteries seem to be fine, but it still won't turn over. I have tried every day for the past week and don't know what else to do. I have tried to contact him, but it is rather difficult. I would like to have it running when he returns this summer. Any suggestions? I believe that it is still under warantee. Should I have it towed to a dealership? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
  • wpalkowskiwpalkowski Member Posts: 493
    Karen,
    By "it won't turn over." Do you mean that the engine doesn't want to crank when you turn the key? Or does the engine crank but it just won't catch and start?
    If it's the former and the engine won't crank: Do you have or could you borrow a battery charger from someone? Driving the truck once a month isn't enough to keep the batteries charged. In winter time batteries have less power because of the cold. The coil light is for the glow plugs in the cylinders that warm things up so the diesel fuel can ignite when compressed. The glow plugs draw a lot of current and can drain the batteries to the point where the truck won't turn over.

If it's that the truck just won't start - it could be that the diesel fuel has gotten "old" from sitting, and most likely you may have water condensation in the diesel fuel. Is truck outside? If it's cold, the diesel fuel could've jelled. There's additives you buy to add to the fuel to get rid of the water. There's also ways to drain water out of the fuel lines - but you sound like you'd need professional help to drain the water separator and to change the fuel filter.
    Unfortunately, that kind of thing is more of maintenance issue, and wouldn't be coverd by warranty.

Whatever, final outcome, I'd try to drive it once a week or more, and put fresh fuel and additives in it, so you don't have repeat problems before July.
  • karengkareng Member Posts: 2
    It is the latter. The truck cranks, but won't turn over. We live in a warm climate (the lowest temperature that we have had in the last month is the 40s), so I don't think that the cold would have effected it. I did try "jumping" the truck, just in case, and neither battery (it has two) seemed to be a problem. Although with two batteries, trying to jump it with one might not work either.

The truck is outside and it has been abnormally wet (11 inches of rain in 2 months). What are the names of additives that I can buy to try and get the condensation out of the fuel? If I cannot get it to start, do I call someone to come out and drain the fuel lines?

I really appreciate your time and advice. I have never dealt with a diesel. It is a WONDERFUL truck. Wish I could afford to get one like it. But instead I will just enjoy this one until July. :)
  • kawboykawboy Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone ever heard of installing a Ford V-10 into an older 1993 F-250 Supercab or other year models
  • akjbmwakjbmw Member Posts: 231
    Take a close look at the smog rules in your state.

At some "magic" model year some states require the smog equipment to match the later of either the vehicle or the engine. i.e. A 2004 engine in a 1993 means 2004 smog equipment.

You just need to plan for transplanting the WHOLE deal, not just the engine.

If you are going to drive on the street, do yourself a favor and do it right... Whatever that is. ;-)
  • hostohosto Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 1700# slide in pickup camper and need a truck to carry it. I will not do any off-roading. I'll occasionally tow a 1500# trailer. I would like to buy a 2005 F250 and am uncertain whether I need 6.0 PSD.

Is the 5.4L engine enough power? Will the gas mileage suffer more for the 5.4L than the 6.0 PSD because of the weight and drag of the camper?

The camper dealer said I should shy away from 2WD because 4WD had an extra spring and would offer a better ride. Is this true? If a 2WD can handle the load and gives a comfortable ride I'd like to buy 2WD.

Thanks
  • krhkrh Member Posts: 3
    I have a 04 f-250 sc/lariat. Does anybody know if it is pre-wired for a power rear slide window? My previous ford was a regular cab and I became very accustomed to using the rear slide window, which I could open and close while driving. What would the cost be to have this added?
  • krhkrh Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 F250 SC with the 5.4 V-8 with the 4 speed auto transmission, 2600 miles. I'm still trying to get used to how it shifts. When I need to accelerate quickly from a complete stop the the Rpms sour but the truck doesn't until it shifts again. At one point it also will make an (air suction) noise in between shifting which allows a slight loss if power until it shifts again. The overall acceleration is fine, I hit 60mph easily it just doesn't seem very smooth. The dealership drove it and said everything was fine. My previous ford was a F-150 5 speed manual which I drove for 10 years. So the auto transmission is new for me in a truck but I feel like I'm driving a 6 cylinder instead of an 8. My guess at this point is I am driving a much heavier truck with much more drag on the engine which will take some getting used to. I've already towed over 7000lbs with my trailer and the truck has no problem pulling it, so I know it has all the power I need. Is this shifting normal?
    Karen,
    Sorry for delay in reply - had a Wisdom tooth pulled, so I've haven't been on computer for several days. Do you ever see a "Water in Fuel" indicator come on when you try to start the truck? May not come on until there's a lot of water..... and just because it doesn't come on doesn't mean there isn't any water.

Diesel Fuel Additives go by names of Power Service, Stanadyne and several others. You can find them at big-truck stops, and even Autozone, PepBoys & Walmart sell their own brands of diesel fuel treatment that get rid of water. (Read the label of the store brands, avoid them if they contain alchohol. Alchohol can cause other problems with diesels.) Fuel Additives may not be enough - may still have change fuel filter and drain the separator.

Don't buy your diesel at you Mom & Pop, Quickie Mart - they usually don't turn their fuel over very quickly and you can get in trouble with water. Buy your fuel where the big rigs go, at least you know that they have a high turn over of their product

A 1/2 a bottle of regular "Power Serve" at every fill-up helps. If you're using good quality blended fuel, conditioner, and filling up at about 3/8 of a tank, your doing all you can to prevent getting water.
  • pickupwbbpickupwbb Member Posts: 10
    K,

I bought a 2005 F250 with the diesel in Nov and love it. No problems to date and I use it about the same as your description. They have also made it much quieter which is great.

Good luck and go for the PSD!
  • mrwonderfulmrwonderful Member Posts: 6
    Greetings,

I have a 1999 250SD with the V-10 gas / auto OD transmission. I have a really hard shift between 1st and 2nd gear if under any kind of load. If I get off the gas JUST when the shift is occurring, the transmission will ease in very well. The same problem happens between 2nd and 3rd gear, to a lesser extent. I took the truck to a local trans shop, and nothing (physical at least) seemed to be wrong with the transmission. It was removed and examined by the mechanics. I was there so I know it's true.

There is no discoloration / or evidence apparent with the fluid. Levels are correct and stable.

Any thoughts or advice regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Roger
  • cantdecidecantdecide Member Posts: 2
    Greetings,

I have been searching the web and doing research to decide which engine to buy, based on various costs. I will be building my own house shortly, have property that I would like to develope in 3-5 yrs, live at high altitude, will occasionally be towing ~5K, and I like to have some power on hand.

From a fuel mileage perspective, I figure that the PSD will save me about $550 / yr (assuming 12K yr, UNL 2.09, DSL 2.29; 12mpg and 18mpg respectively). That alone will take 8-9yrs to recoup.

From a residual, I looked at trade in value for a 5yr old truck - with all options the same, there was a $3300 prem between PSD and V10. A 3yr old was $5K diff - so it seems that the PSD holds it value.

My questions are as follows:
    1) How intensive and more is the maintance on the PSD (extra cost / yr)?

2) Does anyone have actual mileage for a (05)4x4 V10, SC?

3) Genreal drivalbity with the PSD. I read through this forum and see prblms mostly with the 7.3L and early 6L. Any issues with 05 6L?

4) Does anyone know of other forums, i have done a few searches and cant seem to find many active forums?

thanks and happy trucking.
  • oldgrayf250oldgrayf250 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 95 f250 7.3 diesel 4X4. I've had the transmission rebuilt twice. The broken parts get repaired but I don't think the cause is ever found. Here recently the overdrive kicks off after driving past 60 mph in stop and go traffic.
    Once I start to slow down it bumps hard with no load. Is it confused? Are the mechanics confused too?
    I have an '01 V10 Crew Cab 4x4 -
    Driveability is great, just start in any weather and it goes. Plenty of power. Get 12 mpg on average for highway, ~10 mpg city. 7-8 mpg towing ~9k lbs. Towing 5000 pounds, the V10 won't even know it's back there. Can't say much about '05 except for the 3-valve head has improved torque and hp over my motor. Gas engine will lose 2-3% of available power for each 1000 feet above sea level you go - turbo charger in diesel makes up for that problem, so PSD won't get weaker a higher elevations.

PSD, whether 7.3 or 6.0 takes a bit more nurturing. In winter you need to (or probably should) wait for glow plugs to cycle before trying to start it. If temperatures go below 20F, then you should also probably plug in engine block heater to ensure quicker starts. Diesel fuel needs to be blended for winter - if there's water in fuel it can gel in your fuel lines and leave you totally stranded, until you warmup the whole truck. Need to add fuel anti-gel additive "Power Test" or others to be safe.

PSD maintenance is more costly - need to use Diesel Grade motor oil - oil filters are more expensive too. Oil change is somewhere between 18 and 20 quarts (although I may be off by a couple quarts). Need to carry an extra fuel filter just in case you accidently pick up a load of fuel with water in it. Also need to learn how to purge the water separator from your fuel lines. PSD also has two batteries to be able to support the glow plugs and other accessories - usually when one battery goes the other isn't too far behind. 7.8L motor also needs anti-cavitation additive for the coolant to prevent pitting problems on the cylinder walls caused by air bubbles in the coolant. Problem has been addressed in 6.0L.

PSD is a great engine either 7.3 or 6.0. '99, & '00 7.8 engines had some issues with injectors and a problem called the cackle where engine sounded funny, had less power and drank fuel. Avoid '03 6.0L engines too - they had some birthing pains with the first version of the new Powerstroke. Ford ended up buying a bunch of them back because they couldn't fix driveablility issues in a timely manner - not sure if they ever did fix them all. A lot of these early production run motors were re-sold later on.

I don't tow that heavy, and I only tow a couple times a month, so V10 is great for me. Right now regular unleaded is $2.04/gallon for me - 39 gallon fill up is painful - but this truck isn't my daily driver. I saw Diesel this morning for $2.49 at Pilot truck center - gonna take a long time to make up the cost of the diesel motor based on better mileage. A V10 would work fine for you, the only issue I could see is high altitude robbing V10 of some power.
    Can't tell you about other PSD forums, because it's against the Edmunds rules.
  • cantdecidecantdecide Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. The mileage for the V10 is less than i thought (i was thinking it was 12 in the city) and the altitude i am at is between 5-7K'. so i think i am leaning towards the 6L. out west diesel can be found for about .05 more than reg, sometimes even less.

i have been shopping around diff dealers and it seems they are willing to deal out here. i get x-plan and the dealers keep calling me and are offering to take an additional $1K off plus the other rebates, i am not sure how they can do this - they tell me there is some special coupon they can use. the truck are going for about 42K, but it seems they are willing to let them go for ~34-35K; XLT, SC, 4x4, with nice tow package and dual alternators. of course the price is not final until the paperwork is signed and i have had dlrs in the past try to change it on me.

any advice on how to keep getting the price lower? are there special rebates for folks who prev owned ford trucks?

the dlr told me that the PSD needs to have oil changes at a min of 8K miles. not sure if this is bs or not.

the info on the water was very helpful, i have heard of issues but was not sure what/how to deal with them. i would not want to get stranded out in a mesa in southern colorado or northern nm.
  • buildermanbuilderman Member Posts: 1
    I have recently, Feb., purchased a 05 sd crew cab 6.0 diesel. I have had fumes in the passenger cab also. How did the dealer of Ford fix your problem? I know a couple of others having the same problems.
  • wr1wr1 Member Posts: 1
    Another Ford truck forum has 175 posts for the fumes in cab problem. My dealer has had my truck 3 times 05 f250sd 6.0. The only thing he could tell me is to keep the recirculate button on all the time. You have to do this every time you start the truck. Many owners have had problems with a cracked y pipe and others have different ideas on what is causing the problem. Ford is unable and unwilling to admit they have a problem. This problem happens mainly when you come to a stop at a light or when idling.
  • mullins87mullins87 Member Posts: 959
    I hope I'm not too late, I haven't been around in a while. You may have already taken it to the dealership, just in case you haven't, here's my $.02 worth.

These trucks use a hydraulic system to actuate the fuel injectors. The high pressure oil pump has to "build oil pressure" before the injectors will inject any fuel into the cylinder. It is possible that any pressure in this system has bled off due to it sitting for such a long period of time. Therefore it may take several seconds of cranking to build up enough oil pressure.

I don't know what type of area you live in, but first go out and check the oil to make sure the level is ok. These trucks will not start if someone has drained the oil. You will also need very good batteries. If the oil level and batteries are good, then cycle the key on and let it sit until the "Wait to Start" light has gone off. Then crank on it for at least 10 seconds continuously. Watch your oil pressure gauge. Approximately 5 seconds into the cranking the gauge should begin to register some pressure. Do not crank for more than 10-12 seconds as you could overheat the starter motor.

Let me know if that works.
  • drakedrake Member Posts: 1
    ljohnson, you are not the only one with this problem. I myself ordered a brand new 04' F350 King Ranch and i am having the same exact problem. It all started at about 4000 miles. It will surge and sometimes jerk with out notice going down the road. Once this starts it is only a matter of time before it starts to stall. It will stall at idle speed in park or in drive. It has happened several times while crossing an intersection pulling a trailer. I have had this truck in the shop 10 different times and of course most of them they can not get it to act up like is does when i drive it all the time. If you have gotten any help with this issue i wish you would share it with me. Thanks
  • cdownscdowns Member Posts: 3
    JUST UNDER 2k
    THIS IS MY FIRST 4X4. 03 F250, 6.0.
    SOMETIMES I GET AN AGRIVATING SQUEEK IN THE FRONT END AS I TURN THE WHEEL THAT COMES AND GOES. HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET ANY ANSWERS AS TO WHAT IT IS. ANY SUGGESTIONS. 55K MILES
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi there, cdowns and welcome to Edmunds!

Just a helpful reminder that typing all capital letters on the internet is considered yelling and is difficult to read. When posting, can you please turn your CapsLock off? Thanks!
    Sorry..typing isn't my strong point. Thanks for the tip.
  • scootersscooters Member Posts: 1
    ON THE TOWING OF A LOAD ON ON THE X/WAY YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE ON OVERDRIVE YOU ONLY NAVE A CHOICE ON IT BEING IN REG. O/D, OR TOW/HAUL MODE ,IN TOW/HAUL MODE IT WILL STILL GO IN 5thGAER ON THE 5 SPEED AUTO
  • sgorsuchsgorsuch Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a new truck and know I want a Ford F-250 Super Duty. Does anyone know when 2006's will be available to order? I don't want to purchase an 05' now and 06's come out in a couple of months. I have specific spec's I want and some dealers are telling me they are unable to "order" any more 05's from the factory. Would love to hear some feedback and thanks!
    Usually the order book for the next year opens up sometime around mid to late May, for delivery around the beginning of September.
    I wouldn't think the '05 order book is closed yet, unless it's for some limited availabilty options like the King Ranch or Harley Davidson editions or something like that. May be that the dealers you've spoken to have used up their Superduty allotments and can't order any more '05s. Try a different dealer(?)
  • bp902bp902 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking to get an K&N, or similar, air intake system for my truck. Everywhere I look it says "for vehicles made after 12/8/98." Any vehicle made for 1998 and pre 12/8 "99's" do not have a listing. Does anyone know where I can find such a product!!
  • mrdximrdxi Member Posts: 1
    I have an 02 4x4 F250 Crewcab and my front end squeaks also. It is usually after is has been dormant for lack of use for about a month but is getting longer each time. I tried low range with normal working ok and the low range started squeaking. I last about 15 minutes then kinda goes away.

I also have a bumping in the steering like when the 4x is off it didn't completely get out of the four wheel drive. I took it to the dealer and he said I was imagining things but my imagination is getting worse. I have 53k.

Is anyone else having this trouble or had it fixed. I am thinking the lock out hubs may not be releasing but I don know.
    Actually, Ford is starting 2006 production a little earlier than usual. First 06 Super Duty rigs are scheduled for May 2 2005, about 2 months before they normally would change over. Dealers who say they can't order 05s are right.

kcram - Pickups Host
    It all depends on what type of system you want to install. I replaced my air cleaner setup with a factory unit off a post 12/98 truck. Really, the only real difference between the two is where the factory unit opens up to draw in air. The pre-12/98 units opens into the driver side fender well while the post-12/98 units open up behind the radiator support. When I bought my post-12/98 unit, I didn't get the factory hoses to connect it to the turbo. They are the same diameter, but at least in my case, they would have had a slightly different bend in them. After some head scratching I did away with that solid piece between the two hoses and replaced it with a 4" section of PVC pipe painted black. I was afraid the underhood temps. in the summer might melt it, but that never happened. Even when towing heavy in the middle of the summer.

If you're just wanting to drop in a K&N filter, then find someone with a post-12/98 truck that has replaced their system and buy it. You can get one at the stealership, but you don't want to do that. If you're wanting to put in a complete intake kit, I don't think there would be any real problem. The post-12/98 cleaner box will literally just bolt into your pre-12/98 truck with no mods at all. You might have to tweak the intake tubing a little, but not much.

Do you know of anyone that has the product you're interested in installed in their truck? If so, look at theirs. That should give you an idea of any problems that might come up.
  • bluejjeeperbluejjeeper Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of buying a '01 F-250 PSD Crew Cab with manual transmission. This will be my first pickup and first diesel. It's replacing an '03 Durango that can't keep up with my towing needs (towing a jeep on a trailer into the mountains).
    What do I need to know about diesels? Are there any resources that you folks can recommend? Books? Web sites? Also looking for an Owner's Manual, the truck I'm buying doesn't have one. Thanks for your help!
    BlueJJeeper
    Bluejjeeper,

Here's a link to Helms. They are source for both owners manuals and factory shop manual:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=&Mfg=FMC&Make=FCT&Model=F250&Year=2001&Catego- ry=2&Keyword=&Module=&mscsid=KHTMHL5NCTSE8JNREAV6WN90GAUHEPA1

You can E-mail at wpalkowski@yahoo.com for additional info.

Walt
  • kevrookevroo Member Posts: 2
    I've got a 02 SD 7.3L. crewcab Does anyone know if there is a cab air filter in this truck. Parts store said I do and Ford said that I didn't. Thanks
  • kevrookevroo Member Posts: 2
    Also on this 02 ford 7.3 crew cab 4*4 transmission there is 83,000 miles on it and never flushed transmission but have changed filter and fluid. Is changing the filter and fluid the same as flushing or should I get it flushed?
    Please don't put your email addresses in your messages. The forums are all searchable on Google and other search engines, which means spam bots can find your addresses as well. Your profile is NOT searchable, so that is the safest place for your email address - adjust it for "public" view if necessary.

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host
  • sixeight1sixeight1 Member Posts: 2
    i have a 04 super duty 4 door 4x4 and the best mileage i can get is 15.5 anything i can do to make it better? oh it has 3.73 limited slip rear end.
  • pickupwbbpickupwbb Member Posts: 10
    I have an 05 F250 Crew Cab long bed 6.0 PS Diesel and I am averaging about 15.5 to 18 on the highway. I have heard that you can chip these things out to get much better mileage. Does anyone have any experience with better economy with a chip. I do limited towing so the added HP is not the main driver but my commute is about 80 miles RT each day and thae added economy would be helpfull given the $ of fuel these days.

Thanks
  • tutstuts Member Posts: 1
    I my search for new diesel truck, I came across an article about cavitation in diesel engines caused by use of "non diesel" coolants. Special coolants must be used to prevent the problem, or use of special additive.

Can't remember the site - do a Google on diesel cavitation and you should find something.

I've been told, that time between oil changes may actually be longer than gas engines because diesel generally run at lower RPMs. But I think this would be influenced by other factors - re: how hard you drive, towing, etc.
  • scottw1scottw1 Member Posts: 1
    I am ordering an '05 F-250 King Ranch (Copper). The exterior is mostly tan (trim, etc.). Does anyone know where I can order a matching tan bed cover? I think the black cover will be too much contrast. I looked at Extang, but their tan isn't the same color. Is there an exact match somewhere? Thanks
  • yrbenderyrbender Member Posts: 25
    Just bought a new 2005 F250 Lariat crew short bed. Gets more looks than any other car I have owned. Many improvements over my '03 which had PSD - primarily with handling. Normally get gas at a local mini-store with very few diesel customers (like the owner) had trouble with bad smell of diesel - any truth to the fact that its better to get it at a truck stop or more frequent diesel use location? Only one dislike lack of interior storage under rear seat or anywhere else ( I have 4 kids)
  • aufirefighteraufirefighter Member Posts: 2
    I was riding down the rd. the other day and my truck died and would not restart. Had about 4k mi. on the oil change. Plenty of fuel. No prob. before....ever. Towed to dealer. They said that oil pressure (not sure high or low) was a prob. They have corrected oil pressure prob. (bad sensor, I think) but still have a "No Start" code. Still going thru diagnostics on the fifth day. Any ideas?
    Definitely get fuel from a high-turnover station. Diesel sitting in the storage tank can not only gain water from condensation, but algae will contaminate it over time as well. After a couple of questionable tanks of fuel, I stick with the same three stations, and have done so for the last 7-8 years for my 96 Dodge Ram Cummins and now my 05 Ram Cummins. Truckers can't take a chance of buying 250 gallons of bad fuel; that's big money in downtime if some bad diesel puts them on the shoulder of the highway.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • usmc03usmc03 Member Posts: 8
    Sorry this isn't a mechanical related question. I ordered a 2005 F-250 PSD before I went back to Iraq. The color I saw was Dark Stone and it looked like a dark gray which I liked alot. I saw it on an overcast day. When I returned from Iraq and picked up my truck it looked brown on the first sunny day we had. Anyone else know if it is supposed to look like that? It seems to change color depending on how cloudy the day is. Everything about this truck I absolutely love, but I just can't get over the fact that it looks like I bought a brown truck. Anyone have any opinions about this color Dark Stone? I just can't figure it out. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn't. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time on this question, but I'd appreciate any help.
  • fordysomthgfordysomthg Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone out there own an F-250 with a 5.4Liter engine. If so do you or have you checked your fuel mileage? Is this engine strong enough in this truck for a daily driver.I would only tow about 3500 lbs once in a while.Want a large truck for the comfort.Don't like the smell of diesel.
  • tkennedytkennedy Member Posts: 1
    I was told by a guy close to the testing facilities that the new 06 will be twin turboed, dont know if true..also rumored that ford has aquired cummins contract?..dont know it that is true either.................

Can anyone tell me what this item is on ebay or how to build it for my turbo? I would like a little more out of my turbo without buying a chip. Item number 7965447191. My 2000 has 243000+ with very little problems.

Also has anyone got an idea on how to bypass the egr on the 2004 6.0? My fathers truck has been in the shop every 7500 miles and all they do is fix the result of the problem not the cause. thanks :mad: :cry: :sick:
    I don't have one, but some fellows I know do. It should have enough power to do what you want to do with it. In fact, one guy I know has an F-350 w/the 5.4 that he uses to pull a 10k lb trailer. It seems to do it just fine. As for mileage, expect 12 - 14 mpg.
  • yrbenderyrbender Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the information. I knew something wasn't right. Truck stop it is!
  • rkj123rkj123 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for opinions. I'm thinking of buying an 02 F250 Crew Cab, long bed, w/gasoline engine and 77k on it. It appears to have been well maintained. I need it as an extra vehicle to be used for hauling a 2 horse trailer for recreational use only. I figure about 12k a year for my purposes. It's kind of weird looking in that it has flames on the grille and on the windows, strange special light effects and black lit pedals. But the price is right. I don't really care how it looks and neither will the horses. My concern is for reliability and safety. I'll have kids and horses with me and I don't want problems.
    Would appreciate any input.
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info on the 5.4. How about the fuel mileage on the v-10....do you know anything?
    Thanks
    A brown truck isn't a bad thing. It'll probably hide the dirt well. I'm not familiar with that color but a guy at work was describing it to me & he liked it enough to order a truck of a simular color. He called it dark orange.It seems to change color in different light. Ford has done this before with Mystique(sp) on one of the Mustang years. It turned green,orange, purple,blue (& maybe even some other colors) depending on the light & angle you were looking at it. They also did it with Wedge wood Blue in 2000. It would lool greenish or purple in certain light.........along with Blue.
    So, now that you've had the truck a few days how does it look? Do you like it & what color did you determine it is?
    Semper Fi