Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan Titan Prices Paid

Comments

• carman8carman8 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am trying to decide between these two trucks:
    Nissan Titan LE crew Cab and Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

This is going to be my first truck and I appreciate any advice and insight on these trucks.

These are the best offers I have received on these 2 trucks in LA. I am still in the process of going to other dealerships in the area.

1.) 05 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab:
    TITAN LE 25,794.13 + TT&L, ALL REBATES applied

2.) Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4.7 V8 (Not the Hemi)
    The price on 2005 Dodge Ram quad cab SLT 4.7L v8 automatic transmission, Navigation, power sunroof, light group

MSRP $31935

Fleet Affiliate price $28559

Your price $27995

- 2500 rebate

- 1000 cfc
    ----------------

Final Price 24495

Thanks,

Carman8
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    i would say go for the titan - especially with that price! also, you are getting a much more powerful engine and bigger towing capability than the 4.7 in the dodge.

my 2 cents

happy motoring!
  • bbrammerbbrammer Member Posts: 1
    Need referral help finding a dealer with a clear-cut purchase formula on Nissan Titan/F150 in the Los Angeles/Orange County region.

Does it depend on "model" and options or can I work a formula of invoice price +/- so much?

Am SICK of the moving target pricing seems to be at dealerships. Have been trying to compare Titan and F150 and see what room there is in pricing and having a heck of a time.

I don't want to talk "payments" or trim levels, just want an "invoice price plus or minus so much" sort of formula based on well published MSRP and Invoice pricing.

and

Is the a trim package Nissan or Ford will partiuclarly deal on?

Thanks
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Yeah, some people just want to play that game and it bites. I just keep telling them - it isn't any of your business what the monthly payment is I can afford. Tell me the bottom line price and break it out (invoice, add-ons from manufacturer, add-ons from dealer if any, doc fee, tax, title and any other fees). If they don't do this, I walk and be sure to stop by the Managers office on the way out. What you are asking for isn't out of line.
    as a salesperson (and internet manager) i say email your request to as many local dealerships as possible. some wont respond, some will give you the whole dog and pony game of come down and we'll make it worth your time, and others will give you their best price (for example, i always do $400 below invoice on all internet requests) go with the one that lists it all up front - print out the email, and go see the internet manager. best way to buy a car! if you have any other questions, i'd be happy to answer :-)

best of luck!

-thene
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You might also have a look at our discussion called Purchasing Strategies - Questions & Success Stories to see what techniques other shoppers have used successfully.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• scape111scape111 Member Posts: 3
    If you wanna great deal, take a little trip to Carmax of White Marsh In Maryland. I saved 5000 bucks on my SE King Cab- loaded... I came down from NY to get it, and it was well worth it. They can do everything that one day- I showed up at 3 in the afternoon, and was driving home at 6pm. Great people, great prices, and tons of options to choose from.
  • scape111scape111 Member Posts: 3
    Def. not... i just got that truck in Maryland yesterday for 24000- except no bed extender- but did have the full bed package otherwise.

granted prices are probably different in Hawaii... but i'd be like you gotta come way down.
  • pottopotto Member Posts: 4
    Curious on what fees I should expect when I buy from the dealer. Does Nissan charge an ad fee?
    Documentation fee? And any other BS fee?

Should I avoid paying all these fees, and just ask the dealer what the final cost will be without the Tax/License charge?

Thanks for the help.
  • robnaorobnao Member Posts: 29
    I was looking for an '05, red alert, SE, 4x4, off road, big tow, utility bed, crew cab. Looking for this in Hawaii was not working, so I even covered all of southern Cal, not one like that. Decided to factory order and started calling the dealers in Hawaii, I will not deal with the Tony group ever again. They gave me a discount off the base price ($1500) and then wanted to charge full MSRP for all the options I wanted. They also tried to say the price before rebate could not be set until I took delivery, Nissan might change the price. King Nissan on the windward side gave me $1000 over invoice before any rebate when I take delivery. I also got a lot of help from the GM of Power Nissan Torrance. He helped me even though he knew he would not make the sale, I would recommend giving him a call if you are in SoCal. This will be the second vehicle I have factory ordered, takes a bit of time, but you get exactly what you want, no dealer add ons or options you don't really want. Will be delivered mid to late April.
    hey robnao, how much did you pay?
    I am looking for something similiar. '05 Copper, 4x4, off road, big tow, utility package, King Cab, and maybe the SE Popular w/Power package. No one has this near by, so I must ordering one.

Thanks
    if you plan to finance/purchase, nissan does not charge any fees. at least here in CT. but i dont believe they do anywhere. expect to pay a dealer conveyance fee - and when you ask for an OTD price, have them tell you to calculate all their fees, taxes and registration in that price (and have them itemize it! dealer conveyance fee: $199, registration: $100 etc)

that way you know everything up front. heck, even make them sign off on your worksheet that there are no additional fees anywhere unless you choose to buy warranties, paint protectants, etc.

i tell you this as a salesperson - because regardless of anything else, we dont get paid unless you buy a car - there comes a point where we work for YOU and not the dealership! (if that makes any sense) put us to work for you - but please, be fair :-) we're people too! (well some are scumbags, but most arent anymore!)

happy motoring!

thene
  • ffwilsonffwilson Member Posts: 1
    I see that there are salepeople on here as well as consumers, and my question is what is the best time of year to buy, and does buying at the end or beginning of the month have any difference? I know this has probably been asked before but have a little patience, Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Since your question isn't specifically about the Titan, you might try our Any Questions for a Car Dealer? discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hvanhvan Member Posts: 56
    The best time to buy is in March. Right now, Nissan has a program call "The Race to 100th million cars/trucks". Their fiscal year ends in March 2005. Thus, if they don't meet their corporate sales objective by mid March, they will have bigger rebate incentives to move the vehicles. Stay tune....
    drive to a million...

i wish it were 100 million! then i would have sold tons more cars this year! ;-)

primarily end of month (especially slow winter months) is a great time to buy.
  • kahiaukahiau Member Posts: 1
    I had just purchased the 2005 Titan LE here in Hawaii. I had a 2005 Tacoma on order but was getting tired of not being able to get the numerous options as they weren't being added just yet. I took a glance at the options of the Titan online (much better flow than toyota) and I was even able to know which dealer had the truck I was interested in.

I had done my research here and abroad and am very greatful for what I had found. I noticed that others were able to get 2-4K under the MSRP so that was my goal. I had a 2003 Taca DC for a trade in that was loaded with things I've added. I had a loan established from my credit union so I only needed to pic my truck.

My 13 y/o son and I took the Titan LE for a drive and bing-bada-boom, I was hooked. We went in for bargining. I told my son to pay attention closely. I was hoping that my working in psych and law enforcement field for over 10 years each would pay off.

The dealer was a bit smooth to not list all the options loaded on the truck there at the site but they were listed online at nissanusa.com, down to the VIN. I noticed that the dealer had the truck listed at 33K and it had the utility rack and big tow. So my goal was to get it to the range of 30K.

Having a pre-approved loan for 31K I had my buying power and they happily started the 4-square at 35+K with a lovely 5K down. I immediately said I have nothing to put down and am limited to 31K. They asked for 32K and I told them I appreciate their offer but already have a great truck and would shop further. They came back and said they could do 31K. I walked out with my keys and an awesome truck.

I was worried about the gas mileage as I love to see things go by in a blur but my taco was getting 16 mpg and I am now getting 'round 12-13 mpg.

They later told me they didn't charge me for the tow pkg, as I was asking if/why someone had opened the two front door panels. They said it came like that. I don't see sales folks as friends only business partners making a living. All seems well but I was tossed a bit when they told me about the two pkg after my asking about the door panels which were found out by my tint person I go to.

Anyone added the maintenance pkg? I've had the extended warranty for the taco and am getting full refund as I've not used it. I was going to apply it to the Titan in an extended warranty but may just put it towards the maintenance pkg instead, or just pocket it for a rainy day.
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    "Anyone added the maintenance pkg?"

You may have better luck asking that question in our Nissan Titan forum, which you can find by using the drop-down browsers at the left of the page.
  • nwdrivernwdriver Member Posts: 5
    I want a 4 dr. LE CC 4x4 with side-air bag package and floor mats. Edmunds says MSRP is $37,230, invoice of $33,656 and TMV of $35,439--all prices would be further reduced by the current $1,500 March rebate.

TMV includes $300 regional adjustment and all have $670 destination charge.

Seems like many of the prices discussed on this board are less than invoice?? Anyone have access to good prices in pacific northwest???
  • hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    One of our local dealers has 2 2004 Titan LE. They are marking it off by $8,000. While tempted, I decided to pass it up. I prefer 2005 SE.

In LA/OC, I've seen '05 SE going for $22.5k, while '05 F150 Supercrew XLT can be had for slightly under $22K. Also, '05 Rams Quad cab SLT can be had for under $21k.

decision, decision..... My top choice is Titan SE!
  • gturner567gturner567 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have any recommended dealers for the best deal on such a truck? I'm seeing postings of XXX amount under invoice, etc. Best I've found is a little over invoice. Looking to get an SE RWD Crew Cab with Popular package (captain's seats). Would really appreciate any advice. I'm looking forward to becoming a new Titan owner! Thanks!
    In LA before the end of Feb, I paid $26,600 OTD for 2004 LE King Cab, Utility Bed, Tow Package. I am happy with that price.
    I also went through carsdirect.com
    Went to the dealer, spent only 2 hours reading and signing documents.
    Glad I did not have to bargin with the car salesman.
  • mturcmturc Member Posts: 1
    I've checked with two Georgia dealers and gotten two different rebate figures. $2500 and $3000. And a few places on the internet quote $1500. What's the truth?
    Nissan has changed the rebates a couple of times in the last few days - here is what they are (i work at a nissan dealership)

2004 Titan
    LE King Cab: $3000
    All Others :$2500

2005 Titan
    $1500 on all trucks

special financing is also available. for the 2004s its 1% for 60 months, and for the 05's its 2% for 60 months.

hope that helps!

-thene
    Thanks for the info. I'm on the verge of getting a Titan SE but can't seem to get the price just down to where I'm looking. You think there's really a chance they may have a mid-month incentive announcement? If so, any idea how much? Thanks!
    we wont know any sooner than you do. nissan makes up their own minds on incentives depending on sales and what they are trying to target. i wish i could tell you - but i dont know either. they've already revamped incentives once this month, i'd bet they dont do it again til april.

-thene
    At Irvine Power Nissan, they have two 04 LE Crewcab for $26,800 up for sale. This is brand new '04!

gturner567:
    What state do you live in?

Right now, I'm torn between Titan CrewCab, Tundra Double Cab, and Ram1500 Crew Cab. In the LA market, you can get a Ram1500 SLT Crew Cab 4.7 Magnum engine for under $21K. For the price, the Rams win hands down. For fun ride, Titan wins hands down. For quality, Tundar wins hands down. Decision, decision.....
    gturner567:
    What state do you live in?

I'm in Florida (Jacksonville).
    One other question. I went to carsdirect.com and I noticed they reference 2005 Titan SE 4x2 "with FFV". What is FFV? Anyone know?

THanks.
    good question - we're wondering here as well (our dealership) we think it has something to do with emissions (cal emissions, 50 state, etc)

-thene
  • capecoralflcapecoralfl Member Posts: 1
    I JUST BOUGHT A 2005 TITAN SE KING FOR $22,875
    O.T.D.
    WITH TOW PAC , RUNNING BOARDS , RUBBER MATS , BED LINER.
    I FEEL THIS WAS A FAIR PRICE FOR A GREAT TRUCK!
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Congrats on your ride. Please do not post in ALL CAPS. It is difficult to read and people think you are yelling at them.
  • tester16tester16 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at buying a Titan soon - 2005 Silver LE Club Cab - with towing. What is price can I expect to pay with cash?
  • si88si88 Member Posts: 39
    I will be in the market to buy Titan in May but if I can get a good deal I will before then.

I was wondering if I want to finance a Titan thru Nissan at 1% if I would have to do so at full MSRP? Would it be worthwhile to finance thru another venue to take advantage of the rebates offers? If so where have you heard is a good place to finance?

So far the best price I am being offered for a 2005 SE CC with:

ROCKFORD FOSGATE PKG W/PWR BENCH
    TRAC PKG
    TOW PKG
    SIDE-AIRBAG PKG W/VDC
    UTILITY BED PKG
    SPLASH GUARDS
    FLOOR MATS
    UNDER SEAT STORAGE BIN
    UTILI-TRACK SLIDING BED DIVIDER

is MSRP of $33210 and an internet price of $29166.47. This includes the rebates. Can I do better than this or is that a fair deal? I live in the New Orleans area and we have about 10 dealers in the area.

Dealer says the side air bags are very rare in a Titan CC and they might have to special order the truck. Has anyone else heard this?

I'd be willing to drive to Texas, H-Town or Big-D for a better deal if neccesary.

Thank you for your input.
    I think you can get a better deal here in Southern California. Are you willing to travel for a 'good deal'?
    I think I saw an ad in our local paper, a LE crew cab can be bought for $27,500.
  • titaneesetitaneese Member Posts: 43
    I have recieved a quote from a Bob Howard Nissan here in oklahoma city.
    2005 Titan SE Crew cab with some options.

Msrp is 34296.00
    Quote is 30400.00

Where should I start my negotiating? I would like to end up paying somewhere around 28000.00 Is this realistic?

thanks for your response
    Offer $29,500 and be firm. Be ready to walk if he says no. The higher the MSRP, the more profit the dealer gets. Keep in mind that Nissan is already offering $1500 rebate. The dealer should at least kick in $3000 off.

Also, since it's near month end, try dealing with the fleet manager. He's more flexible than the sales manager.

Good luck!
    There was rumor that if Nissan's million vehicle campaign wasn't where they wanted to be at this point in time, they'd possibly raise the incentives. Has anyone heard? I'm looking to get a Titan some time this month and was wanting to see if I should hold out or go ahead and take the dive. :) Appreciate anyone's thoughts...
    Hold out. With rising gasoline prices, big SUV and P/U sales have slowed this month. Once we inched closer towards summer, gasoline could be $3.00!!

In my neck of the woods, Tundra Access Cabs are being marked off $5000.
  • yogibm1yogibm1 Member Posts: 6
    there is a website that you can go to for cacluating yours rebate vs. low interest financing.

http://www.dinkytown.com

I use it to tell if which one would be a better deal. Plus, pay retail if you want, but i wouldn't pay more than Invoice. I might even go as far as 500-800 dollars below invoice +rebates. But that is what I would be aiming for. Hope this helps
    That helps alot! I greatly appreciate it. The best deal I'm being quoted is $500 over invoice, but that's to bring the specific truck I'm looking for in. Haven't found one on the lot I'm looking for (SE Crew 4x2, Red Brawn with just Pop. Package Captains and Utilty bed package). All the quotes I've been given are all around 400-500 over invoice. I'll keep pushing back though. Thanks!
    Yogibm1-That is a great site, thanks! Lets you look at everything at home on the computer screen without the BS pressure at a dealership.

I think I found my truck at a local dealer in my area, although it is a LE 2004 Titan. My best quote from this dealer is at invoice, before the 2500 rebate. However, they do have a 1% APR rate for the 2004 Titan as well.

Should I try to get them down even more than invoice since its last years 2004 model? Or is that a fair deal?
  • jdkx2jdkx2 Member Posts: 10
    Are you going to get the rebate and the low APR? I urge you look at the monthly payment for this 2004 and compare it to your best deal on a 2005.

I just bought a 2005 LE with a MSRP of $31,420 for $28,280. The selling price did not include the current $1500 rebate which brought the net to $26,780. Were I to opt for a 2004 I would want a significantly better deal than on the 2005. The simple fact is the 2004 is worth less than a 2005.

One way to look at the relative value between the 2 years is to look at the lease residual. Lenders assume a 53% residual for a 3 year lease on a 2005 and a mid 40's residual for the 2004. That is a significant difference. It implies a 7 or 8% immediate difference between the 2. If your net is somewhere around 8% lower than my cost on the 2005 you will come out OK. If not you are losing a chunk of money.
    Yep. Must be year end sale (Japanese companies year end end in March). I'm beginning to see lots of sale between Tundras and Titans.

Currently, a dealer is selling Titan CC SE for $23,299. Two at this price. Another dealer is selling Titan CC XE for $21,999. Two at this price.

These prices are in Southern Cal, the most competitive environmnet in the nation. If you want to buy cars and truck, LA/OC is the place to go!
    Are those prices with the $1500 rebate applied or before?
    Its either take the $2500 rebate or the 1% financing, not both. According to dinkytown.com, taking the 1% financing option is the better option.

I got the dealer down to invoice cost on the 2004 LE Crew Cab. It is pretty much loaded, with:
    SUNROOF
    BIG TOW PKG
    SIDE-AIRBAG PKG
    NISSAN DVD MOBILE THEATER SYSTEM
    SPLASH GUARDS
    FLOOR MATS
    UTILI-TRACK SLIDING BED EXTENDER

So if I do buy, it would be 1% financed at the $32,779 invoice price, so far. Since I would rather have the NAVIGATION instead of the DVD I am still looking. Don't think I will find a 2004 so I am also considering a 2005.

Also hoping that the rebates or APR incentive may get better closer toward the end of March.

Does anyone know if there is, or will be, an aftermarket NAV available for the Titan?

I have done my own tedious inventory searching thru the Nissan web-site. Man I think I may need therapy. At least I know whats out there close to my area.
  • jdkx2jdkx2 Member Posts: 10
    I don't think you are going to have any problem finding a 2005 at or near invoice. Granted the rebate and the interest rate is not quite as good. However, you are going to sell this truck at some point and a 2005 is going to have a significantly better resale than a 2004. I think you may find the dealer is going to have some exceptional unpublished discounts for the rest of this month on the 2005 making it even more attractive.
    The final price includes the rebate.

I believe by next month, the rebate will go as high as $2500 off for Nissan and Toyota because GM is aggressively marking off their SUVs and trucks. Competition is really heating up, as well as higher fuel cost. Titan SE CC should go for $22K by next month since Ford F150 SLT CC are advertised for $21.7K almost everywhere.

I was surprised to see that Tundra SR5 DoubleCab were on sale for $6K off!!

Now, I have to find a way to dump my 2000 Impala LS quickly!