Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan Titan Prices Paid

Comments

• trkshot8trkshot8 Member Posts: 4
    I live in Shreveport, Louisiana and want to close a deal on a Crew Cab SE 4X2 tomorrow. Color is Red Brawn.

Packages and Options:

SE Popular Package with Captain: $1350

Accessories:

Bed Extender, Non-Sliding: $240
    Floor Mats: $110

Base MSRP $27,450.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $1,700.00
    Destination & Handling $670.00

Total MSRP† $29,820.00

Any help on the absolute lowest price one of these will sell for will be greatly appreciated. I will be sure to reply after purchase to let you all know what final negotiated price was. I was thinking with a $1500.00 rebate I would ask for $6,500 off MSRP and let the dealer keep the holdback. Is this a dream or a possibility. I plan to do a 39 month lease with a 52% residual, so if anyone also knows payment, money factor, etc that I need to know when I walk in finance, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    trkshot,

here is a breakdown of all the numbers...

MSRP: $29,820
    Invoice: $26,874 (approx - i couldnt locate your exact truck up in my region)
    Money available to negotiate before getting into holdback: $2946
    Holdback: approx: $850
    Rebate: $1500

Even if you take all of the holdback, rebate, and all mark up between invoice and sticker, you are at $5296, not $6500.

That being said, if you plan on leasing, you cannot get the rebate - that is only available to those who are financing or paying cash.

I think a good offer would be obviously what you are comfortable with based on the numbers you see above. if you want to leave the holdback for the dealer (which is something you should at least do) you can only negotiate about $2900 off the truck...

unfortunately, there isnt always the markup in vehicles these days that people think there are!

hopefully that helped!

-thene :shades:
  • tractormantractorman Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone heard anything on any new rebates or incentives? I know the ones now are about to expire. Does anyone know once these expire how quickly any new rebates would be announced? I am holding off buying a new truck right now hoping the rebates may go up. Have I made a mistake or will they be announced pretty quick. Thanks for any info.
    we will probably have the new programs in on monday or tuesday - we don't know any sooner than you guys! if anything changes, i'll try to remember to post them here!

-thene :-)
    We have also decided to wait until after May 2. We hope Nissan may throw some lease special out there for the Titan.
    2005 Titan King Cab: $2000 or 2% for 36 mo/3% for 48 or 60 mo.
    2005 Titan Crew Cab: $1500 or 2% for 36 mo/3% for 48 or 60 mo.

hope that helps! interest rates went up - as did nissans special rates it seems!

-thene
  • tractormantractorman Member Posts: 2
    Thene, Thanks for the info and the quick response. Hopfully we can make a deal on a new Titan tomorrow. Too bad you live and work so far away from Alabama, you seem like a nice person to do business with. :)
    tractorman,

thanks for the kind words! i know people (most) dont like the process of buying cars, and i think flat out honesty makes it the best it can possibly be. you may not like what i have to say (too far upside down, really cant meet that price) but i wont string you along. if someone else can do it, fine. we do our best to accomodate people - sometimes we just cant make the ends meet.

let us know how you do on your titan!

-thene :)
    Hey Thene, thanks for the response on the SE numbers. I waited until new incentives came out, but obviously they've gotten worse. I can wait until September to buy. Do you have any feeling as to what the incentives could be around that time. It seems the incentives will be better by then. Also, can you give me a buy rate money factor for tier 1 credit along with a residual on the SE Crew Cab?
    Thanks in advance or any help.

Jimmy
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    Hi Thene, it's me again. Hope you've sold a bunch o vehicles since we last 'talked.' I have a question I've been dying to ask someone: How is it that a local Nissan dealer (at least I think it's a Nissan dealer) matches the rebate that Nissan offers? I mean, in your previous post you said that the Titan crews had a 1500 rebate. So if this dealer matches it, it's a 3000 rebate. Where does that extra 1500 come from? Doe the dealer have that much cash on hand, or is it from a "secret" F-T-D pool? I've seen this happen with Fords too. One dealer offered me 6 big ones below invoice, a deal which staggered my imagination. A few others came dang close to that offer as well so it wasn't just one lone maverick out there. I scurried to carsdirect.com and edmunds to verify all of this, but when I went through their pricing modules, their best deal numbers weren't even close to the 6g off invoice. So anyway, I'm just left wondering how dealers do these whopping matching rebates....

Thanks for your insight.
    dave
    to be honest, i have no clue. my manager mentioned once that some of the larger volume dealerships get special incentives from nissan - am i 100% sure thats true? no. could it be possible? maybe. if you are seeing big volume dealers pulling "matching rebates" that may be the case. also, depending on how many rebates are out there (see ford) it isnt hard to get that far below invoice with rebates. ford has so many rebates with so many different qualifications that you could get the car really cheap.

one thing for sure, there is no secret pool of money - there are lots of variables that can drive a price other than market (see special incentives for the month to sell a certain vehicle, old unit that needs to be moved, big volume cash from manufacturers...). we pay invoice for our cars, and get holdback later (if it hasnt all been taken up by the financing that we have to do to pay for our cars)

hope that helps?

jimmy,

i am not at work today - stayed home sick. i can check for you tomorrow though! as far as the incentives, rebates don't depend on the fed, but interested rates do. since they raised the interest rates yesterday, and are posed to do so again in a few months, if you are looking to take interest rates, you may not see an improvement anytime soon. as far as knowing what the specials will be in september? no clue. we dont find out any sooner than you guys (well maybe, but if the rebates are set to start on may 2nd, thats when we find out, not any sooner than that)

Hi, and thanks for the quick response. I live in the Northern VA area, and to be sure, just about all dealerships are "mega", or so it seems to me, so I guess that may explain how it's being done. It's funny, there are some dealerships that simply have those low low prices listed right on their web site, or wherever, and then there are others who do not, but they then will say somewhere that they have special deal days were they match the factory rebate. To a consumer, it's all the same bottom line -- just a different means to an end. And as for Ford, it just boggles my mind what they say is MSRP and when they sell for. With my last purchase, I'm convinced my dealer gave rebates that I didn't "qualify" for. I was convinced I got a "new college grad" rebate and a "military" rebate -- they just started discounting the truck left and right, and on top of that, gave me dealer coupons. I'd say I got a heck of a deal that way. Well anyway, I'm rambling.

Thanks for your continued input. And I hope you feel better soon!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Sorry, but a couple of posts have been removed. We have a very strict "no soliciting" policy, and our members who are sales professionals are very good about adhering to this policy. If you want to talk privately with another member about a particular transaction, please check the member's profile for a contact e-mail address. If they want to be contacted, it'll be public. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

oops! sorry kirstie!
  • damnyankee44damnyankee44 Member Posts: 7
    Any updated rebate info for May on the 2004 Titans? An area dealer has one equipped like I want.
    Thanks.
    rebates stayed the same:
    $3500 king cab
    $3000 crew cab
    or
    $1500 plus 1% 36mo or 2% 48-60mo for king cab
    $1000 plus 1% fo 36mo, 2% 48-60 mo. crew cab.

looks like since the fed raised interest rates, that nissan did the same.

let us know how it goes!

• gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    thene, are incentives the same on remaining 2004 models as 2005?

There are a few 2004s still kicking around at Boston area dealers that I may look in to.
    the post just before yours lists the rebates for 04 models. a few posts back i listed 05 models. rebates stayed the same, but the interest rates changed.

Is this a good deal on an 04 new Titan SE.

MSRP(not addendum) : 33,310

Sale Price(including 3,000 rebate): 25969.00

7,341 off MSRP with rebate (4,341 discount).

Do you know buy rate for tier 1 credit Shreveport, La.
    72 months.
    that sounds like a great price to me! that truck probably has anywhere from 2800-3200 between invoice and MSRP, so 4341 may be all of it. as far as interest rates, i cannot be sure specifically for you in La, but you can check www.capitalone.com and get an idea of the current going rate. i would say 4.99 for 60 and 5.99 for 72 - but thats just a stab in the almost dark ;-)

-thene :-)
  • damnyankee44damnyankee44 Member Posts: 7
    Opted to get an '05. Figuring in the differences in rebates, dealer invoices, option prices, holdback amounts, etc. the '05 was only about $1000 more than the '04.

Today I bought an '05 LE with big tow & step rail, obligatory floor mats, and bed divider tossed in for $23,300 plus $2000 rebate plus trade-in of '96 Maxima GLE with 197,000 miles. If you figure $2700 for the Max that brings total cash price to $28,000, right at invoice w/o the divider.
    What you all think? Did I did OK? I think so.
    The dealer even has to get it from another dealer so I can have the color I wanted, Copper. He will deliver it to me, a 160 mile trip, one way. I went there because they had a Copper one in stock, but had sold it by the time I got there. Only copper LE with just the tow pkg from Pensacola to Houston. Dealer also loaned me a new Sentra to drive until they deliver the pickup.
    sounds like you got a good deal to me! especially since it wasn't an in stock vehicle, AND they gave you a loaner while you wait. sounds like you got not only a great deal, but a great dealership!

good luck with your new Titan!

• seawiz79seawiz79 Member Posts: 18
    Thene,
    It sounds like you are a salesperson, or dealer of Nissan products, so I am wondering if you can help me with some Frontier news. I am wondering if you know if Nissan is going to offer the Frontier crew cab with a longer bed (about the size of the KC model). I have been bouncing back and forth between the Taco and the Fronty for some time, and the only thing that is holding me back on the Frontier is the bed size in the CC model. Any input would be nice, thanks for your help

Seawiz79
    seawiz,

its too bad that the company that first came out with a crew cab plus long bed in a compact size pickup truck isnt offering it on its latest model. as far as i know, there are no plans to offer it in future models. things could change, and i cant say i know everything there is to know about nissans, but there is no word on a long bed with the crew cab as of yet.

sorry!

• jollysammyjollysammy Member Posts: 10
    ;) TITAN LE
    Crew Cab
    Navigation pkg
    DVD pkg
    Side Air Bag with VDC pkg
    Sunroof
    Big Tow pkg
    Utili-track sliding Bed extender
    Under Seat Storage Bin
    Floor Mats

Color Galaxy Black

According to Edmunds:

Total With Options MSRP-$39350

Dealer Invoice $35337

TMV(What others are Paying) $36679 with a rebate of 1500 brings it to 35,179

What I paid:

Cash price with Options- $33,850

Doc Preparation Fee: $45
    Sales Tax $2796.34

Optional 84mo/100,000mi Service Contract _ $1695

Commercial License: $361

California Tire Fee : $8.75

subtotal : $38756.09

- Nissan rebate: 2000.00

Total $36756.09 OTD

Originally I wanted a 4WD, and they had 2 with Off/road pkg+DVD, but no Navigation or Side Air Bags and no sunroof for the same price...

but when they showed me this baby I gave up the 4WD and took the other options and he made the same deal. SUV and big truck sales are really suffering in the Bay Area, and the dealers are willing to deal, he made me this price offer without negotiation, straight from his ad...

they wanted me into this truck bad...

I usually take 4-6 hrs to negotiate, we were done in 30 minutes...

I basically had the fully loaded LE 4X2 at 31850 which according to Edmunds is about 4000 less than dealer invoice or what others are paying...

I felt like throwing them a bone so I bought the 7yr/100K service contract...

they even got me the Nissan financing at zero down using the rebate as the down...

Since this is going to be my bus. vehicle anyway, I can fully depreciate it this yr for the writeoff...sweet...
    sounds like you did good for yourself there jolly! you certainly have reason to be very jolly :-)

enjoy your new truck! im sure you'll have a blast!

Your price of 33850 looks good to me. Around here, the deals are comparable, as far as I can tell, but some local dealers will do that deal, plus take an additional $400 if you come in during the week -- you know, those sweeteners to entice you.

What I have a problem with is a commercial license fee. Never heard of it but it may be something particular to your state. Personally I wouldn't pay that -- that should just be part of the cost of doing business, like "dealer processing fees" in these environs. And I certainly wouldn't throw a dealer any bone, and not to the tune of $1695. They are making money on your deal one way or another (trade in?). No need to feel sorry for them by throwing them a bone. :confuse: I don't understand why you would you need this coverage on a new Nissan anyway. Anyway, if you check with your ins co, you might be able to purchase a similar policy at a MUCH cheaper rate. That's what I did with GEICO. It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up, even though I didn't feel I had to have it. It was very cheap.
    Hey, but you're happy with your deal and your truck, and that's all that matters. I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'm just pointing out some things I don't quite understand.
    Happy motoring!
    if you are ever going to get an extended warranty (which i recommend to people who do a lot of driving, or keep cars a long time) i would always ALWAYS suggest going with the manufacturers extended warranty instead of some aftermarket warranty. it may cost more - but then you are secure in knowing that some other company doesnt go under leaving you up a creek without a paddle. even if you never use the warranty, i would feel better knowing i have that piece of mind in case something DID go wrong...

but maybe that's just me...

extended warranty, not a regular insurance company...

and the commercial license fee is for the state of California commercial license which is usually a seperate deal which dealers call taxes and license...

Of course the commercial license really pays off when you have to park in San Francisco or similar downtown areas and thus can park in the yellow zones so you don't have to pay the $10 an hour parking fees for some of the garages...

the reasoning I figured for the extended Nissan warranty was 2 fold,

if I put alot of miles on, I'll be covered for major stuff, but also, if I decide to sell private party in 2 years, I can pass on the Nissan warranty to them for a nominal fee and the buyer would have sort of a "certified-pre owned" rationale when buying it used from me...

this would allow me to justify a better resale price to them without them knowing I bought at a discount...
    ...when I picked up my truck today, they offered to wash it again before I left, so I took them up on it and spent a little time walking the lot...

I counted 24 Titans including my own, so I figure that's why they were so aggressive in getting me to buy this truck, which is why the good deal...

the other dealer I went to closer to my house only had 6 on the lot and wasn't nearly as aggressive...
  • dancer5224dancer5224 Member Posts: 1
    Help! I just got a great price on my dream truck, but when I went in to sign the papers, I had a sheet shoved in my face about Arbitration. As the "person" explained it, I can sue but without a jury to hear the case. EXCUSE ME! Arbitration is not the right to sue, it is the right to get cheated by the dealership! It is a waiving of my rights to sue in the event of serious problems unresolvable with the dealership. After my experience with Ford :lemon: and the terrible way they treated me, I will not subjugate my rights for anything some smooth talking agent has to say. And, this is Texas, where the consumer is always the victim.

Any feedback from the Forum on this? I was told that no signature meant no truck. They're not handling the financing, it's from outside. This is a major name in dealerships around here, with several manufacturers represented along this highway. I packed myself up and left, wanting more information from you guys.
  • allibryanallibryan Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a Nissan Titan 4X2 crew cab with the following (which seems pretty difficult to find) XM Radio, Floor Mats, and the captains chairs. What should we expect to pay after the rebate? The dealer is telling us make him an offer and he will find us the vehicle.

What is this tax credit people are talking about? If XM is installed by the dealer, does it look the same as the factory install? Thanks for you help.
    XM installed by the dealer looks the same as XM installed at the factory - except it doesnt cost the same (parts + labor). its more convenient to have it done at the dealer because then you can be a bit more flexible when locating the truck (as opposed to trying to find one with the XM already in there) but it may set you back a little bit more. as far as pricing on a 4x2 - its tough - we dont sell many, if any 4x2s in my part of the country. if you pull up the truck here on edmunds, it will give you a good idea as to what pricing is around the country, invoice, and rebates. use those as guidelines. also, try emailing a few dealers - you may get a great price from someone without a whole lot of haggle (just be sure if you've got a great price from a dealer, go to them first since they were good enough to give you a price in the first place)

good luck in your titan search!

• sailor3sailor3 Member Posts: 4
    Just looked at a 2005 CC/SE 4X2 w/bed extender and preffered package.
    Out the door for 27,500. Is this a good deal? In Chesapeake, Va.
    THanks!
  • jesterms1jesterms1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to order an 05 Titan SE Crew, with options: MSRP @ 33,600. What are others paying for this truck?
  • dlw3dlw3 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if the Nissan Navigation system can be added to a Titan AFTER it has been purchased? I am shopping for a Titan now... there does not seem to be many Titans with Nav systems in the SouthEast... I have zero bargaining power! If I can add a Navigation system later to any 2004 or 2005 model, then i think I will be able to negotiate a better deal.
    Also, I am not interested in adding an aftermarket 3rd party Navigation system. I like the sleek look of the installed Nissan system. Thanks in advance for any replys.
    there's no way to add it after the fact unless you spend lots of money to get all the parts necessary (including the center console) and even then, i'm not sure its possible. It would probably be better to order it, or find a dealer that is willing to work with you to get to a price you are comfortable with. Are you going to be hundreds below invoice? probably not - but im sure you can still get a great deal and still get the equipment you are looking for.

good luck in your search!

Why do you have to buy step rails if you want the Navigation System?
    2005 Nissan Titan LE 4x2
    King Cab
    Galaxy with Graphite / Titanium interior
    automatic
    floormats
    Includes:
    - NISSAN NAVIGATION PACKAGE
    - Nissan Navigation System w/GPS & DVD Atlas
    - 7" LCD Monitor Information Center

step rails
    Includes:
    - BIG TOW PACKAGE
    - Increased Towing Capacity
    - Class IV Receiver Hitch with 7-Pin Wiring Harness
    - Extendable Tow Mirrors, Heavy Duty Battery (710 CCA)
    - Lower Final Gear Ratio, Transmission Temp Gauge

Below is our pricing:

MSRP Internet Price
    $32,880 *$28,615
  • txtitantxtitan Member Posts: 3
    damnyankee44, what dealer did you use? I'm looking in the next few weeks at an SE - but with that deal would consider a LE is that a king or crew?
    Thenebean,
    do you know what the down payment requirements on the 3% interest are? I have tier 1 credit and am hoping to get through the process with 0 down. Is that a possibility? Will it hurt my negotiation ability?
    Thanks
    Sherry
    Here is the deal I got - Picking it up today!

2005 Titan LE 4x2 Crew Cab - Smoke Grey
    navigation system
    big tow package
    floor mats
    Retail: $35,540.00
    I paid: $30,990.00 + tax, tag, and title.

Did I get a good deal?
    Sherry,

There is no special down payment requirement to receive nissan's special interest rate. If you have tier 1 credit, you should be able to finance the whole amount (some places could even refund your deposit upon delivery, if you wish).

good luck with your purchase!

Well, I did it :)
    We got the SE crew - Smoke grey, Texas package, Texas Utility Pack, Popular Captain Pack, Big Tow Pack, Storage ben for $28,400. 0% down and 3% financing. They even put in an additional rebate of $1000 for being a Texas Resident and getting the Texas Titan. I'm not sure if that's a real one or not :confuse: I feel like I got a good deal -- it must be so :shades:

They even put a full tank of gas (unlike the last dealership I used). -- $52 bucks.

Thanks for everyone's posts - they really helped me make the buying decision.

I bought it on Saturday - and had one person stop in the the parking lot to ask what it was and another guy stopped in front of my drive way and was really checking out. It's definetly something to look at.

Thanks again.
    Happy in Houston
    Sherry
    Sherry,

congrats on your Titan! i am sure you love it! the texas titan is cool - i wish we could sell them up here in CT!

enjoy!

• ufgatorpaufgatorpa Member Posts: 6
    Can you please comment on this offer for SE US:

Choice of Colors, Identical Vehicles

05 Titan LE Crew 4x4
    Side Air Curtains
    Bed Extender
    60/40 Bench

MSRP 37110
    Sale Price (all fees,taxes) OTD 34200
    Rebate -1500

Total Sale 32700

Thanks.
    i don't even need to look it up to tell you that looks like a fabulous deal! If you are getting it OTD for 32,700, i wouldnt even think twice. sounds like you got yourself one heck of a deal!

good luck with your new titan!

I just wandered into the carmax website and found a Titan LE crew 4x4 with an MSRP the same as yours. Their price, including incentives, but without the tax, tags, and other fees, is 31008. A quick check to some other Nissan dealer websites confirms very similar savings. Apparently they are dealing these puppies like there's no tomorrow. FFIW I'm in No.VA.

Happy motoring!
  • 911guy1911guy1 Member Posts: 1
    Same thing happened to me BUT I happen to be in the car business and have been for 16 years. I simply refused and asked them to procede with the rest of the paperwork. Also at a major dealer in Dallas area. I'm shocked that they said "no signature, no car". That's probably totally illegal. I would call the General Manager-not sales mgr, not General Sales Mgr, and complain. You may even be able to squeeze a significantly better deal. Don't let these bullies intimidate you. Also, consider calling a different dealer and ask a MANAGER if they require this signature to buy a car. Most will let you off if you refuse....
    Does this help?