Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan Titan Prices Paid

Comments

• damnyankee44damnyankee44 Member Posts: 7
    Sorry for the late response. I haven't been here on the board for a couple of weeks.
    I bought my Titan from Pat Peck, Mobile, AL. It's a King Cab LE. Afterwards, suffering from some buyer remorse, I decided to see if I would have been smarter to buy a Frontier. First, you can't get all the goodies in a Frontier you can in a Titan. The Frontier has no rebate and after you add in extras to be comparably outfitted to the Titan LE, it only cost maybe a $1000 more for the Titan. The Titan KC has, for May anyway, a $2000 rebate while the CC has $1500. Add in the extra 3 or 4 K for the CC, the shorter bed, and if you don't need to the back seat for a family, in my book the KC was a smarter choice.
  • damnyankee44damnyankee44 Member Posts: 7
    I signed the arbitration paper when I bought my Titan from an Alabama dealer. I live in Louisiana. The papers were brought for signature when the truck was delivered, a 2.5 hr drive. Figured at that point I was pretty much stuck. Later, a guy a work whose cousin works for a Toyota dealer in Alabama, said arbitration was state law in Alabama. No signature, no deal. Obviously dealers got to the legislature. Maybe that's the case in TX also. You know W is from there, and was governor, and W has no regard for consumers or workers. All that matters with him are corporations. I would not be at all surprised if he got TX legislature to mandate arbitration. If that is the case, you're stuck.
  • splashsplash Member Posts: 9
    Titan Crew Cab SE 4X2 Silver
    - SE pop pkg w/captain's chair
    - Trac pkg
    - Tow pkg
    - Utility bed pkg
    - Sliding bed extender
    - Floor mats

MSRP = $31,510

Price paid = $26,013 + tax/tags/title. This is about $1000 under what Edmund's lists as invoice.

This is a great truck. There is a lot of space in the back of the cabin, roomy with the seats up for my 2 rotties. The tinted rear windows look good with the silver body color. I love the automatic rear window. Both of the front seats are comfortable. Took it on the highway yesterday and it really hauls azz!

Hope this helps and that you can get a better price.
  • ufgatorpaufgatorpa Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the eval thenebean! I appreciate your input. Since the deal was so sweet :) , a friend bought one also. If anyone is interested, I live in FL and had the BEST buying experience I've ever had and would be glad to pass along the info.

Here's the final deal:

05 Titan LE Crew 4x4
    Side Air Curtains
    Bed Extender
    Mats
    MSRP 37110
    Selling Price 31580
    Tax 1981
    Fees 645
    Total 34203
    -Rebate 1500
    OTD 32703 :D

05 Titan LE Crew 4x2
    Bed Extender
    Mats
    MSRP 32410
    Selling Price 27356
    Total 29726
    -Rebate 1500
    OTD 28226 :D

Great Deal. We each then agreed to pay $150 for them to be delivered to us on a Sat morning from the dealer to our town (215 miles away, 6hrs R/T Drive). The total transaction time was 10 minutes at an interstate restaurant and we never set foot on a lot! What an AWESOME Experience! Since I don't know if I can post the web sites we used for info, please email me if you are interested.

Thanks again thenebean for your input! Your info is truly appreciated ;) .

Sincerely,

ufgatorpa
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    no problem!

glad you love your Titan - and I bet the dealer is happy getting two deals out of one! see it works out for the best sometimes :-)

happy motoring!

-thene :)
  • jcaleyjcaley Member Posts: 7
    ufgatorpa:

I am looking at purchasing a Titan LE 2x4 in the next few days. Can you give me the lowdown on how you got sucha great price. Looks like you got yours for under invoice by quite a bit. I'd like to be able to do the same.

I like in Southern California, and have about 30 dealers in the vicinity (200 miles). I've checked edmunds, KBB, MSN, and several other sites and would like to know how you did it.

Thanks,

John
  • ufgatorpaufgatorpa Member Posts: 6
    Since I'm not sure what this site allows me to say, email me and I can give you some info. My email is listed by clicking on my screen name.

ufgatorpa
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    We would prefer that you share dealership name, city, and state, plus any pricing details and your purchasing experience here in the Forums. That way, all of our members can benefit.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• geochugeochu Member Posts: 1
    I wound up buying an 05 SE KC Titan 4x4 on 5/27/05 - MSRP was $31K, the sell price was $26.9K - $2K Rebate ==> Net $24.9K ($6K off of MSRP) + tax (6%) and tags ($133).

Not sure if I got a good deal but this is how I got there:

I sent an email to 3 Nissan dealers in the Philadelphia Area. 2 responded. 1 at MSRP and the other at 3-5% (not sure why the quoted a range?!?!) over invoice, with an additiona $2K for the rebate.

I sent an email back to the one at MSRP to decline their offer and informed them that I got an offer at 3% over invoice - they responded within 10 minutes that they will do 1% over invoice and I still get the $2K rebate off of that!

I told them I was interested but the only thing I was looking for was an SE KC 4x4 with the sprayed in bedliner and bench seat (no other options - no popular package, utility package, etc.). Basically the cheapest 4x4 SE KC out there.

He found 4 east of the Mississippi - 2 were close enough that he could get them there before the end of the month (for the rebate). 1 was black - which I declined - and the other was Red Brawn (exactly what I was looking for - I didn't tell them that). I told them I wanted to stop in see what a Red truck would look like (played dumb) since I've never seen a Titan in red (nor many other pick up trucks for that matter).

He had 2 in Red Brawn (LE's - a CC and an KC) - I let him talk me into it while we negotiated my trade - he started $3K below KBB Fair Trade in Condition, but he got there by the third time I started to leave, so I got the KBB Fair Trade Condition Value. We started to draw up the paper work when he got a phone call that the Red Brawn was damaged in transit.

I thought - here we go, the old bait and switch. He then offered up any SE KC 4x4 on the lot at the 1% over invoice price of the Red Brawn SE KC (which only had the bench option (not the popular option, but the Captain's Chair Delete) and the factory sprayed in bedliner (not the Utility Package) which also came with floor mats.

So I wound up with a Radiant Silver SE KC 4x4 with the Bench Popular Package and the Utility Bed Package for that price. Could have gotten a Smoke Grey SE with the off road package and big tow package as well for the same price, but didn't want all that extra equipment (had that on my F150 but never used it) - nor the gear ratio "hit" on fuel economy.

Not sure if I got the best deal out there (the Smoke Grey would have been a better deal, but not what I wanted), but I'm happy (knock on wood).

Of course, when they started to write up the paperwork on the Radiant Silver one, they tried to raise the price $1K but when I pointed out there "mistake", they wrote up a new order right away.

Hope this helps other folks.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter is interested in pickup buyers’ views on the Japanese offerings – both people who would definitely consider a vehicle like a Toyota Tundra, Nissan Titan or Honda Ridgeline as well as people who wouldn’t – and why or why not?

Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information and a few words summarizing your opinion no later than Wednesday, June 8, 2005.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
  • adontechadontech Member Posts: 11
    A lot of sites are showing the $1500 rebate on the Titan Crew expired 5/31. Anyone know if Nissan will bring those back sometime in June? Also, I found a Titan Crew 4x2 SE MSRP 28700 at my local dealership. What's a good price on this truck? Thanks in advance.
    i am not at work so i am not 100% sure, but i am 99% sure that the rebates are still available for june!

good luck!

• baseballfanzbaseballfanz Member Posts: 3
    Just pick up my Texas Titan CC last week, MSRP was 33,310 and I drove it of the lot at 29,000 DO. Three dealerships in two days, I got what I think is a great deal. The sales man told me the managers gave me the rebate for KC which is 2,000 instead of the 1,500 for CC.
    Your pricing was very similar to mine, ie, about $5500 off MSRP (before taxes/tags) for the CC. There's always going to be someone who is able to get a better deal, but I believe we both got fair prices for these great trucks. That being said, there must be a little more "wiggle" room. Maybe others should aim for $6000 off MSRP for the CC over the summer as they try to clear out the 2005's. These trucks are a good value relative to other brands. One possibility is that Nissan is implementing a long-term strategy aimed at carving out market share and brand loyalty rather than seeking to maximize profits at this time. In addition, they may be less burdened by pensions than the Big Three.
  • absameabsame Member Posts: 12
    I live in the NYC suburbs and am looking for a Titan. The local dealers I've checked with (searched on line within 100 mile radius) all have just a handful of titans if any at all. Carmax dealer in baltimore/dc seems to have huge inventory but seems a bit far away, I also want to trade in a car. Any recommendations for a good dealer with big inventory who will deal.

Thanks

A
    dealers do work swaps, and may be able to locate the truck you are looking for even if they do not have it in stock at that time. Or, they may have one incoming that is not currently showing up in their inventory. Email some of the local dealers with what you are looking for, and see what happens - all it will take is a few minutes of your time, and you'll have quite a few answers with relatively little effort!

-thene :-)
  • deedlesdeedles Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an 05 LE 4x4 offroad, Nav, dvd, xm, sunroof, bed extender, big tow, side airbag, under seat storage bin, mats--MSRP 43,620, invoice 39,156 for $38,400 not including state tax, since we live in another state. This includes the rebate.

How is this price?
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    Hmm, the local carmax has a titan with pretty much the same equipment with an MSRP=43050 and a "no haggle" price of 36016. But then, that's carmax, and that's here. Your market may be quite different. Still it looks to me like you only got half of the rebate (inv=39156-38400=756; the rebate is 1500, no?, so you should have started at 39156-1500, or 37656.

My negotiating technique is invoice minus rebate minus 1/2 holdback plus a few hundred profit. that's my starting point. I don't usually budge a whole lot from there. I found a dealership on ebay that actually prices their vehicles this way - and that's just a start! So all these writers here who say holdback is sacred - I say if it isn't for one dealer, then maybe it's not for all the others.

This has nothing to do with your deal, but I would have a hard time paying that kind of money for a titan. Those teeny beds just don't work for me. I buy a truck for its bed, otherwise all those fancy doodads in the cab can be found in a car.

Bottom line, if you're happy with this deal and this truck, it doesn't matter what I think!
  • markwarren66markwarren66 Member Posts: 32
    Hello -

I've read some good advice on here, and wanted an opinion or two on the price I'm being offered.

05 LE CC 4x4
    Big Tow
    Utili-track bed extender
    Under-Seat Storage
    Floor Mats

MSRP = $36850
    Offer = 31308 + Tax, title & license

So, that's roughly 5540 off MSRP, which sounds reasonable.

This offer came as a response to an e-mail I sent - Do you think I can negotiate down further? I'm still waiting for a couple of other dealers to respond, but wanted to get an idea of what you all thought.

Thanks in advance.
    sounds like a great deal! according to my calculations, the invoice on that truck is $33,279, minus $1500 rebate brings you to $31,779, which is $471 more than what your offer is. that means they are $471 into holdback, which seems like a very fair deal to me! good luck with your purchase!

My take -- it's their first offer. Who gives their best offer on their first offer? That said, I did some looking around and it looks like a good price. Anyway, I'd counter with 30850 just to see the look on their face, then move up to 31K as your rock firm offer. You don't mention a trade, so if you have one, be careful not to lose your shirt there. In my area, the market is plum crazy; it truely is a buyer's market. Don't know about where you live. It will be interesting to see the other bids.
    whats the point, just to see their look? that seems kinda silly to me, and will only put strain on the deal, making the process possibly unpleasant! we all know he's getting a very aggressive deal, why keep pushing? are you one of those folks who says "im just looking for a fair deal, i know you guys need to make a profit and all...so i want all of your holdback, thanks"

i never understood that mentallity...its just about take, take, take sometimes...

markwarren, i guess its up to you - you can push more if you want, or you can take an already aggressive deal, be happy that you arent getting screwed, or leaving a heck of a lot of money on the table, and you can enjoy your truck AND the experience!

my 2 cents...

• markwarren66markwarren66 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the replies - I've gotten two other quotes, and the first one was the lowest. Plus, I've bought 2 cars from this dealer (not nissans, but a Jeep and Mazda) family. They've always given me a good deal.

I'm trading in a 2003 Ford Ranger, so I'll probably offer that to the top 2 dealers and see who makes the best total package. I don't need to kill them - just want to make sure I get a deal that is in line with what everyone else is getting.

I'm in the Chicago land area. They also have the exact truck x 3 on their lot right now, and it's not too big of a dealer.

I was pretty impressed that they came up with that price as their first offer.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Well I guess that was an expression, albeit a poor choice on my part. I do not mean to offend. My mentality is simply driven by the market here. Things are very aggressive, so that's why I push. Believe me, the dealers push back. It's just the way it's done here. Nothing personal. That's why I always advise to know your market. I would never recommend someone do that if they weren't in an aggressive market. And the only way to know that is to investigate and be patient. Know when to deal. For me anyway, it's not about stress, it's about knowledge.

Believe me, I have a great relationship with the guy I bought my last truck from.

dave
    no problem :-)

i sometimes have issue though with people who insist that i have all kinds of money in back, and i should be able to give them everything and the kitchen sink...

just remember folks, we dont HAVE to sell you a car ;-)

a good deal is one you feel happy with (and is line with your research) and that the dealer feels happy with, and that makes a good experience for EVERYONE involved! (since on the other side of the desk, the dealer is looking to make a good deal too!) sure, some people will post RIDICULOUS numbers, but there may be a reason why they got that number (right place at the right time) and its not always a number every dealer can do every time. just keep that in mind when you get a number off edmunds thats like $3000 below invoice!

glad you have a great relationship with the guy you bought your last truck from - im sure if you had any problems with your truck, he'd do what he could to help you out! and no offense taken on any of your comments before - i just vent sometimes! i try to be the nicest and fairest i can be, but i'm still burned by the reputation that preceeds me sometimes!

Not including taxes and tags, that offer is about 15% off MSRP. I got about 17.5% off MSRP (see May 29th posting). The guys/gals in FL got about 18.5% and 20% off MSRP. So, I would offer 19.5% below MSRP and accept somewhere between 17.0 - 18.5% off MSRP (between $6200 - $6800). You can print out the price quotes from other individuals on this board and take them in/email to the dealer. Good luck.
    there could be extraneous reasons why some people can get ridiculous deals and others just get fantastic deals. maybe a dealer has had a very early build 05 they want to get rid of, or if there is some sort of special spiff nissan is offering that month to move titans that may entice a dealer to hand one away to hit a goal...just because one person gets 20% off, doesnt mean thats the norm. the deal this guy got is nearly $500 into holdback, and holdback is not more than $900 on that truck. if you think that $400 on a deal is enough to keep a dealer open, you're sorely mistaken.

i know, enough salesperson sob stories...im not sobbing ( :cry: ) hee hee, i am just trying to make people aware of the other side of the desk...even if you dont care - at least you know.

just my 2 cents

• jollysammyjollysammy Member Posts: 10
    ...when the dealership offered me my Titan at what amounts to about 20% off sticker, I didn't even go into negotiation mode, I just took it...

I was shocked they were going so low to start, and gauged my decision based on the fact that I was about only a couple of thousand dollars away from what people were asking for used Titan CCs like 2004s and these weren't even as equiped as the one I got...

Sometimes when you see a good deal, you grab it...

My brother always said, I have the "dumbest" luck... which essentially means, something good happens for no logical reason...

I prefer to think of luck being knowledge of knowing when to make the most of an opportunity...
  • cck330cck330 Member Posts: 1
    Hello -

I just received an offer on the following and wanted an opinion or two on the price

05 SE CC 4x4
    Big Tow
    SE Pop/Bench
    Off ROad Package
    4x4 Big tow Package
    Utility Bed
    Floor Mats

MSRP = $35410
    Offer = 30382 + Tax, title & license

So, that's roughly 5000 off MSRP, any opinions

This offer came as a response to an e-mail I sent - Do you think I can negotiate down further? I'm still waiting for a couple of other dealers to respond, but wanted to get an idea of what you all thought.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi! You've come across in this forum as a very down-to-earth, trustworthy individual who truely cares about how the public perceives your industry, so I need your honest opinion. I've read a lot about issues with the Titan's brakes. Do you know if there is some inherent problem with them? :lemon: I know you're not in "service", but could you ask around and let us know, from your point of view, whether there is or is not an inherent problem? The more I read, the more I'm convinced there is a problem. It's true that Nissan seems to be offering fixes, but it's scary how the owners keep saying the problem returns. So, is it a real problem, or are we simply hearing from a vocal, justifiably upset, group of owners who can't seem to get their problem fixed? Very interested in your take on this.

Thank you for your time,
    Dave
    Dave,

Thank you for the kind words! I checked with the Service Manager regarding your questions and I do have an answer for you. He said Nissan is on their second fix for the brakes, and will be replacing rotors, brake pads, and calipers as needed for brake pulsation - but the parts aren't available yet. He also said Nissan extended the warranty on the brakes to cover the pulsation and the replacement parts. That is all the information I can give you, and to be honest, I haven't heard anyone here complain about brakes (yet!) I am not sure whether this fix applies to just 2004 or both 2004 and 2005 - like I said, your mentioning it is the first of heard of it (believe it or not!) but the service manager seemed to know about it when i brought it up.

let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for the quick reply! Wow, on their second fix. This sounds a little fishy to me. I bet your mechanic has a "feel" for how serious this is. Sure doesn't sound like one of those one-time recall fixes. This seems so unusal for a brand name with such a great reputation for reliability. From what I've read, it's an issue on both 04 and 05, for both the Titan and the Armada.

I need to do more investigating.

Lately I've been entertain thoughts of downsizing from my Super Duty, and the king cab with the longer bed (than the CC) just may do the trick, but I don't want a vehicle with more vertical miles than horizontal miles, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.
    it's slow at work today - thus why i am able to reply here a lot faster than usual (our a/c is broken too - and we're in the northeast! 90+ degrees and humidity up the wazoo!) talk about putting the pressure on our customers ;-)

honesty is the best way to go - its easier to remember the truth than lies (as my manager likes to say!) the titan is a great truck, and the way he mentioned the issue to me, it seems as though its just a pulsation versus the brakes failing completely. Like i said, i havent personally heard of people complaining about it (to me at least!) but i'm not in service.

the 2006 models (which should be out in a few months i bet) should hopefully have that issue fixed! Nissan kind of rushed the opening of the canton plant and didnt have everyone trained and thus the quality issues. they are working hard to fix those problems (they brought in 200+ engineers from japan to oversee the changes). otherwise, i think the titan is a great truck! hopefully you'll think so too! (again, after the brake issues are fixed)

Hey, I'm in Northern VA so it's kind of moist here as well!!!!! My lab refuses to go out unless I force him. Fortunately our AC is doing just fine (knock on formica).

I think I'll wait until 06. ;) I really like the Titan. Moreso than the Tundra. I'd like to go look at one this weekend but I'm afraid I'll be descended upon if I go (I'll go anyway). :shades: Hopefully the dealer will treat me right so I'll come back later when I'm much more serious. I'll level with them up front --- see how that goes. It's funny, when you say you'll come back, they just don't believe you but I guess I can understand why!

Thanks!
  • shoebe60shoebe60 Member Posts: 2
    What is the difference in the Titan XE and XE FFV?

Thanks
    good question! i wish i could answer it definitively - i think its just an emissions thing, to be honest. but i cant answer you for sure - sorry!

FFV stands for flex fuel vehicle. What it means is that the car can use straight gas or a blend of gas/ethanol or gas/methanol -- "alternative" type fuels. The vehicle's fuel computer "knows" what you're putting in it and makes all the necessary adjustments. That's the way it was explained to me anyway. This isn't something particular to Nissans - other cars have it too.
    hey, you learn something new every day!

thanks for the explanation!

How do I figure out when my Titan was built? Thanks.
    if you open the drivers side door, on the pillar there is a sticker - on there you will find the manufacture date (month/year) as well as the vehicle weight, ratings, etc. it will be on the lower part of the pillar. it should be towards the top of that little sticker as well

let me know if you can't find it!

• shoebe60shoebe60 Member Posts: 2
    Thenebean,

Do you know after what date the factory began installing the Technical Service Bulletin brake fix?

Thanks
    that i don't know - if you call your local dealer's service department, ask them what date and see what they say. i can try to find out on my end, but i dont know if i'll have time to get over to the service department (or if they'll have time to look it up for me!)

good luck!

• roobsterroobster Member Posts: 6
    Here is a link to Service Bulletins on Nissan Cars.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Titan/Year.htm

Selsct the year of your Titan and your off

pappy :)
  • mondomondo Member Posts: 6
    I bought the Titan 04 LE model with every option you could think of:

navigation
    rockford fosgate 350 watt 6 disc CD
    DVD player with cordless head phones and remote
    leather
    dual power seats
    tow package
    side compartment
    off road package
    6" lift by Fab Tech, with 35" x 12.5" mud terrain tires
    power adjustable foot pedals
    rear sonar
    sun roof

Anyhow, I bought it for 42,000
    used the 3000 rebate towards the upgrades

I only have 12,000 miles, and the trucks been in the shop for one month, my differental blew and availability of a new one was not an option.

Despite that episode, my brakes have been turned, and pads been replaced for the second time, my partner is on his third time (he has the same model) this time however, they are replacing the rotors and extending his warranty on his.

I love the truck, I get thumbs up everywhere I go, it's powerful, good looking, trade in value is unbelievable, 27,000 for my model. What the H_ll is going on here! :mad:
  • usulsuspctusulsuspct Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to get into a:

2wd - SE - KC - Base - Deep Water Blue

Current offer is $23,800 less $2,000 rebate == $21,800 +tax/fees

How much more pushing should I try?

TIA
  • robnaorobnao Member Posts: 29
    I have seen several posts asking about this, but no responses, is nobody getting the factory extended warranty? The dealer here in Hawaii gave me a good deal on the truck, but is quoting $2400 for the 7/100k $0 deductible plan. Is this the best I can expect? I only paid $1000 for a 6/100k $0 deductible on my Toyota Highlander 3 years ago, I wasn't expecting more than double that price.
    Mine is a 05, SE, 4x4 off road pkg, tow pkg, red alert, utilitrac bed, prefered int pkg (cloth captains w/6cd changer & 8 speakers). So far it looks like it is the only red alert on the island, had to special order it though, took 2 months. Paid $33500 OTD at King Windward Nissan, no one else could come close, did the whole deal via e-mail and phone, didn't meet the salesman 'till I picked up the truck ;) . Very happy so far with only a couple very minor issues.
    i recommend the warranty if you plan on keeping the truck a long time, and/or driving a lot of miles. nissan recently raised prices on the warranties, and the $2400 may be in line with that price raise, but i would see if they can get the price down a little bit more for you. again, i dont see what the warranty costs are (thats all done by the business manager) but i do know he said the prices went way up.

hope that helps!

• titaneertitaneer Member Posts: 1
    ">05 XE CC 4x2
    Side Air Bags
    Spray In Bedliner
    XE Preferred
    Trac Package
    Floor Mats

Color = Smoke

MSRP = $28940
    Out the Door = $27400 ;)

I worked the deal thru carsdirectdotcom. I know this truck doen't have the real nice interior but it does have all the options I want. I think this was a fair deal.
  • usulsuspctusulsuspct Member Posts: 3
    Nevermind...bought a slightly different model.

'05 SE KC 4x4 - Canteen Green / Smoke Rims

w/floor mats and drop in bed liner

$24,200 +tax/fees -- maybe not the greatest but the deal was very easy and I am satisfied.
    Well that's all that matters!

May I ask you something? I would like to know what you think of the back seat on the KC. Is it roomy enough for adult passengers? I had a supercab on an f-150 once and it wasn't very comfortable to me.. I don't know if the design of these extended cabs has evolved to a point where it's a bit more comfortable back there, or if it's still the same-o same-o. I know kids can survive there no problem, but what about medium and larger (ahem) sized adults?

Also, thoughts on the bed size??. Any chance of hauling drywall or sheets of plywood without the load hanging off the back?

Thanks.