Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan Titan Prices Paid

Comments

• marlin410marlin410 Member Posts: 5
    to amend my previous message the 05 nissan brochure indicates power windows and door locks including a power rear slider as standard options on a XE cc. I must admit I was a little surprised to find this out after my salesman told me it was part of an option package. although I should not be too surprised at his ignorance, he also told me there was only a 6" difference in bed size between the kc and cc when it shows a full foot in the brochure. and when I asked him about FFV he was completely confused. :confuse: ">
  • tace1233tace1233 Member Posts: 1
    I just got an '05 crew cab, SE model with running boards for $24,200!! I went on the last day of the month (best time to buy) and had a new salesman who told me to take this truck (minus the running boards) home overnight to "test it out". I had told him I wasn't going to spend more than 24,000. The next day I went back and told them I would take it for that price, but only if they "threw in the running boards". The "real" salesmen were there as well as the owner. They tried to get me into the XE model with the bench seat, steel rims, steering column shift, etc. and I told them no way. After 2 hours of them begging and pleading with me, I got my SE (PLUS they threw in the running boards, which they added the following week) When I got home and checked the LIST (26,000) on this model, NOT MSRP (28,500) I was beside myself. Don't give up and be ready to walk out!
  • dkrenzdkrenz Member Posts: 1
    Dave:

I've had 1 replacement set of rotors done; 2 turnings and am waiting (til September I'm told!) to get my 3rd set of rotors - and I've only got 10k kms on the clock! This is almost unforgivable design incompetence from a company like Nissan, in my view. The truck is, outside of this brake fiasco, a beautiful machine that lives up to or exceeds all my other expectations for 1500 series vehicle.

I just wish they could have designed the brakes better!
  • rfs830rfs830 Member Posts: 3
    I still need to know if you all are still able to get 2000 cash back and still able to finance with nissan. I dont really want to finance with someone else but if I have to to get the 2k off I will.
  • rfs830rfs830 Member Posts: 3
    ok i think i found out. I may not be able to get to finance with nissan but the dealer may still be able to finance with someone else so that I can still get the rebate.
  • marlin410marlin410 Member Posts: 5
    nevermind my previous post, once again I trusted the salesman and once again I have been fooled. The trucks he was referrring to that were minus "standard" options were KC's not CC's and that makes sense now.
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    the $2000 rebate is not available with nissan financing, though dealers often work with other banks, so they can still arrange financing for you and you can still get the rebate. however if you want the special financing, through nissan, you aren't gonna get the $2000. (sometimes, nissan will offer a smaller rebate, like $500 with the special financing, but i dont think the titan has that now - i could be wrong - i dont have my incentives book in front of me as i type this!)

good luck!

-thene :)
  • brads1brads1 Member Posts: 7
    Incredible deal!. Please tell me the dealership you got this deal from. THe best deal I am being offered with those options are $33,500 plus Tax and Lic and other fees and that is not with the extended warranty and other little perks you got. I am here in Southern Calif.
  • jollysammyjollysammy Member Posts: 10
    Serramonte Nissan here in Northern California...

this was a special deal, he had 3. The 4X2LE and 2 4X4LEs, I believe all 3 are gone.

In this situation, I was just in the right place at the right time. With gas hitting all time highs...

I love this truck...
  • titan21titan21 Member Posts: 1
    I went Saturday and purchaed a Titan XE KC 2wd with the following options:
    spray in liner
    tailgate extender
    tinted windows
    sliding rear window
    6-cd player/changer
    color:canteen
    FFV
    manual locks, windows
    overhead storage console
    60/40 Split bench
    I paid 19,400+tax
    Was this a good price or not?
    Does anyone know where I can get a 05 Red Brawn LE CC Sunroof/DVD/Navigation Graphite/Titanium interior/Capt Chairs? Sounds easy..I have searched or had every dealer in Southern Cali search from Washington state/Arizona/Nevada etc. They all tell me there is NONE. The only other option is setttle Steel Interior or order one But that means no $2000 rebate becuase they are only ordering 06's.. Any suggestions beside getting an alternative color? Anyone having a lease end with those specs? I was and am still willing to fly to another state purchase it..Maybe ship if prices is reasonable or drive it if it is within reach..
    "Thene" Any suggestions or insight?
    Brads,

are you looking for 4x4 or 4x2? being as though i am in the northeast, the majority of our trucks are 4x4. i did a locate and found the following truck:

2005 Nissan Titan LE CC 4x4
    Red Brawn Exterior
    Graphite Titanium Interior
    DVD
    Navigation
    Off Road Package
    Side Airbags
    Sunroof
    Tow Package

MSRP: $42,350
    Invoice: $38,123

Is that what you were looking for? Like I said, there is one out here on the east coast (a second one has way more options)

-thene :-)
    Thene..
    This was Almost there..I want a 4X2 with all those options you mentioned Except the 4x4, Off Road Package. Thanks so much for looking. I even called CHarleston, S.C. this morning and they had one with Sunroof and side airbags but steel interior. I have an appointment tomorrow to look at one with everything I want except its steel interior, so I may end up settling with that. COuld have been a worse settle. Still, a very beautiful vehicle..I'll let everyone know what happens..
    But if that graphite/[non-permissible content removed] appears from somewhere before tomorrow evening..Who knows...

Brads
  • delta42delta42 Member Posts: 2
    I have been negotiating a deal here in the Atlanta area on a Titan LE Crew Cab(smoke) w/ Navigation, Big tow and Mats. I offered $32,690 out the door and after 4 days of talking they accepted.
    MSRP:$35540
    Total invoice $32084
    Doc Fee $599
    Plus Taxes (6%) = $34643
    Plus + title/lemon law =$34689
    Less $2000 Rebate= $32689 (DOP)

Do any of you think this is an ok deal? This is the only smoke color truck around with the options I want and they know it. If this deal looks ok than I am going to go for it. Thanks for any input
  • blizzisublizzisu Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up a 05 SE KC 4x2 in Galaxy Black and Steel last night w/ the following options:

-Utility Bed Package
    -Utili-Track Sliding Bed Extender
    -Floor Mats

$24,435 before TTL
    $21,935 after $2500 rebate

I think i did about as good as I could do, and in my opinion it wasn't even that hard to get them down that low. Just used the info I found on this board.
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    Hey, if you're happy with it, then go for it! It doesn't matter what I think. But since you asked, if it were me, consider:

*the 599 doc fee is tantamount to first degree assault using a purchase order. They'll tell you it's non-negotiable, but I wouldn't pay more that 100-150 for the minimal amount of work that they do for it. They will say they can't reduce the fee; I say fine, then reduce the price of the truck by $499 (or whatever you're comfortable with). You have to ask yourself whether it's worth it to you to maybe lose this deal (and truck) over the money (then there's that pesky notion of being taken to the financial shed).

**Holdback is about 3% of invoice. That's about $960. My tactic (sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not) is to split that. So there's anohter $480.

If this were me, I'd go back and ask for $975 off this truck, but at a minimum, I'd ask for a reduction in that ludicrous doc fee. I've fallen in love with many trucks over the years, but would have fallen out of love for $500+++!!!

Bottom line, what do YOU want to do?

Good luck.
  • delta42delta42 Member Posts: 2
    jhs70:
    I had ran the numbers the way you talked about and this is how it seems to work out.

BASE INVOICE $29,242.00
    OPTIONS $2,172.00
    HOLDBACK 3.00%
    DEALER PROFIT 3.00%
    DESTINATION CHARGE $670.00
    GWINNETT TAX 6.00%

DEALER FEES including title/lemon ect. ....$644.00
    REBATE $2,000.00

1) Base + Options = A $31,414.00
    2) A – Dealer Holdback (3% OF TOTAL INVOICE) = B $30,471
    3) B x [Percent of profit going to dealer] = C $914.57
    4) B + C = D = $31,385
    5) D + Destination Cost = Negotiated Selling Cost of Car (NSCC) $32,055

Drive out price (NSCC+Fees*Tax-Rebate) $32,878.55

$32,700 is what I have been offered. I hope I am not making a mistake. Thanks
    FINALLY! After months of research and reviewing this forum. I picked up my 05 CC Titan LE and got what I wanted.
    Red Brawn 4x2 Sunroof/Navigation/DVD/Side airbags(If I had a choice would not have taken for the extra money)/Tow Package/ XM radio and the seats are Steel interior. Only about 4 left in California/vegas/Nevada regions. NO Graphite/[non-permissible content removed] interior with these options left.
    Total: $35, 859 (Includes $100 over invoice) plus tax, license and $8.75 California tire fee. Grand Total $38,991.31 minus $2000 rebate OTD $36,991.31. I may have been able to haggle a few more hundred dollars because it was the end of the month. However, I knew this was the only one like this left in this region and I was tired of the research, plus I think it was pretty consistent of what others had paid and some have paid more. So I think it worked out. I am estactic(sp) Thanks for all your input.

One last question: Again what do you all think about getting the extended warranty? They tried like crazy to sell me that for 7yr/75,000 bumper to bumper for $1999 and if I had added it it would have worked out to maybe $20 more dollars a month but I was already about tapped as far as I wanted to go for this truck..I would like an extended warranty..Would be nice but what is the going rate? Was that a fair price for a warranty?
  • jollysammyjollysammy Member Posts: 10
    ..that was for a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty.

They were trying for an hour to sell me a lower warranty, and I kept balking, and then I surprised him when he offered this one not thinking that I would take it....

after 10 minutes of delay over the 5 year, I grabbed this one to his surprise...
  • menmyjpmenmyjp Member Posts: 19
    I have been diligently shopping for a Titan for the past two and half months and these forums are a huge help. However, I just keep holding out for "that best deal". I really appreciate and consider remarks/post in this forum I wanted to get some feedback regarding emp. pricing...Its Aug.1 and one would think that Nissan would be incline to follow suit and join in on the employee offer. Any thoughts? Am I just spinning my wheels waiting for that deal? or is it an offer that just may be around the corner? Thanks in advance for your response.
  • waterfowlerwaterfowler Member Posts: 12
    Same here. The Bottom Line deals, whatever that is, start on Aug 2nd. I turned down an offer on Sunday of ....

$24, 750(after $2500 rebate) for a:

Titan SE Kingcab
    4x4
    Off road Pkg
    Popular Pkg
    Big Tow Pkg
    Bedliner

That's best deal I could get out of 4 dealers. My buddy thinks I should have jumped on it because the guy might have been up against a monthly quota or a bonus goal. But I am hoping to get a better deal with this Bottom Line thingie and hope the truck I want is still there. Crossing fingers.
    nissan wont do the employee discount - the american manufacturers have to pull those kind of gimmicks because their sales are struggling - honda, toyota, and nissans sell fine as they are. the bottom line sales event is a yearly thing - and usually the rebates get upped a bit, but don't expect it to be anything more than a mere advertising blitz - you wont see rebates jump from $2500 to $5000....

you were probably best off taking the offer you got yesterday...but i guess we'll see what the rebates do today!

If anyone here knows more or less what the details of the Bottom Line End of Model Year Sales Event are concerning the Titan, PLEASE post it. I am looking to get an early start today to secure the truck I want before the selection of the 05s start to become limited. I'll will have to take my work with me today to the dealership, but I don't mind as long as I am armed with the right info regarding the current incentives.

I just hope I didn't piss off the salesman I wanted to do busniess with. I have a bad habit of convincing the salesman I will pull out my checkbook if they come down just a little bit more and then pulling the rug out from under their legs. I think the last salesman I dealt with actually wanted to sock me, after I pulled out of the last deal. Can't say I blame him, but I have my own interest to look out for as does he. I was hoping he would call me back, but he never did.
    copied directly off our incentives sheet:

King Cab: $2,500 Customer Cash or $500 and 2.0%/36 - 3.0%/48 & 60 APR
    Crew Cab: $2,000 Customer Cash or $500 and 2.0%/36 - 3.0%/48 & 60 APR

seems to have stayed the same as last month...

Really? No difference? That's very dissappointing. :(

I appreciate the info anyway Thene. The dealer said I could get a 4.9 interest rate with 10k down for 60 months. I hadn't told him at that point that I only needed a 36 month loan program max. Any chance of a rate lower than 4.9 with the highest possible credit?

edit. that is with the rebate.
    I will lose a bunch of cash going the 2.0/$500 route.
    im sure its possible - check capitalone.com - they list rates on their homepage for new and used vehicles...get an idea that way, then bring it to the dealer.

a lot of times, these "sales events" are nothing more than a advertising blitz - things have always been that way, but you may just not have known...

Thanks again for the info Thene. As far as the sales events are concerned I have been told as such, but I had hope some real incentives. :(

The greeter guy at the dealership(I always forget what these guy's titles are) told me that, "I am not going to lie to you, this month has been very tough for us" when I asked him about what the big domestic rebates where doing to their business. So I thought there was a good chance at some nicer incentives to move stale stock.
    none of the big 3 japanese brands are into huge "american" style rebates...nor will they ever be...

as far as rebates in general, you will find the manufacturers are going to try to ween the public off of them, by pricing vehicles closer to the real "transaction prices" that they are seeing...looks like rebates will be built into the MSRP...

either way, its still a great price, and a great truck, and you shouldnt worry about not having $8000 in rebates

Yeah I have noticed that the margin between MSRP and invoice seems to be much lower in the asian "imports". One last question for you Thene if you are still out there. The truck I described in my first post was supposed to be $1300+ under invoice according to the guy and his printed out figures. That sound about right?
    You have been a great help thanks.
    $1300 below invoice is quite a bit - if i am not mistaken, holdback on the most expensive titan isnt more than $1100, and that may be stretching it...

if you have a deal on $1300 below invoice, and then MINUS any rebates, i'd RUN not walk, back to the dealer and sign today...that's a fantastic deal!

-thene

p.s. - i am at work on my second to last day at the dealership, and have nothing to do, so i will be on here all day...
  • potosoonerpotosooner Member Posts: 2
    My local dealer takes the msrp sticker the adds 2514.00 for a regional adjustment. What is that all about?
    bah,

what region do you live in? i would just ignore that and negotiate like you normally would. if they dont budge, or try to push you onto the regional markup - walk. simple as that. there are plenty of nissan dealers around you i am sure!

I just got off the phone with one dealer. He says that Nissan is offering a $4500 rebate on the XE Titan now( I am not taking this as gospel). I have no idea if this guy is just blowing smoke up my rear but he thinks "his boss" can get me into an 4x4 XE Titan for around $20-21K after the rebates kick in. I don't really like the Titan's w/o the chrome in the front, but a 20k 4x4 Titan will be hard to pass up. This should be interesting, but I somehow feel I am going to be dissapointed.
    dont bite on that - all nissan dealers have the same incentives - and there is no additional incentive on the XE titan vs. the rest...he's just trying to get you in the door...i bet he's adding his own discount to the rebate...

• potosoonerpotosooner Member Posts: 2
    Western Arkansas.
    that seems ridiculous then...i cant think of ANY region in which there needs to be a $2500 markup...bah!

I kinda had that feeling. The salesman, "his boss", is supposed to be contacting me shortly. I'll fax him a credit app but I am not driving 80 miles down there unless we have something concrete to work around.

I put around 300 miles in on Sunday. I ain't doing that again unless I have a good reason.
    Thanks all for the quick replies...Your deal of $24,750 sounds good. I would appreciate advice on my deal.
    Titan KC SE
    4x4 (no offroad)
    Popular Pkg
    Big Tow

The salesman told me $24,500 and its mine 7 weeks ago-- I drove to the dealership and was not at all satisfied with the service esp. concerning hidden charges and markups- So, we stopped contact for the almost the past two months...He called yesterday and asked if I was still interested in this deal, that his "boss" was very interested in wrapping this up...Is that a good price or could I go lower since its been 2 months since he gave me that original quote? Thanks in advance
    i cant remember if the rebates have changed since 2 months ago (they may have...) however, if you question their service and their integrity, why would you go back, regardless of the price? please do not reward the dealership who has not treated you as you wish to be treated with a sale. take that number, and go somewhere else that you feel comfortable with, and see if they will match/come close to it. if you go back to the first dealer, where you were not comfortable, and buy a car, they will think its ok to treat customers as they have treated you, since you ended up buying...

Thanks Thene, the only problem is that I can't find another one in the state and when I go to other dealerships to get a transfer they say that because its not on their lot they cant give me that deal- Is this true? Thanks
    Got off the phone with "his boss" and he says that he wasn't sure about the $4500 rebate now on the XE. His out for his man was that the guy "thought" the new incentive program was going to be around $4500 for the XE. The salesman says they get the info any new incentives online today but it hasn't been posted. I'm supposed to be contacted later today. I don't want call my target dealer, the one that has "my" truck, until I get some more info and offers from these other guys.

I called one of my friends on the phone, he says I am being stupid horsing around like this, and "just go and get the truck already".
    well...there is a cost associated with locating and transporting a vehicle - though it shouldnt be a huge difference...see what kind of deals they CAN do for you, and then you can go from there - anything more than $200 for transporting the vehicle back is too much.

Thanks, the dealership that I want to purchase through is 80 miles from where the truck is. But, they say they cant beat the others price- but back to the original...Do you think that the $24,500 is the best I can do even though it was so long ago?
  • hanks1hanks1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Where were you given this offer? I want that truck with those exact options and that is the best price I have seen so far - I am in SoCal but am willing to travel a long way for the right price,
    Cheers
    menmyjp , I went to the Titan forum and 6 month ago people were paying $26k or more for their SE 4x4s. So 24.5 sounds good unless they offer some kind of killer incentive tomorrow :D. That 24.5k is AFTER the rebate is applied right? The truck I am looking at is just like the one you want I think except that it has the OR pkg. I am looking at $27, 250 - $2500 = $24, 750. If I do take this deal I will make suer they don't tack on any hidden stuff on the contract.
    Right roger that, its $ 24,500 after rebates.
    Thene, Thanks again for your help! I just got off the phone with the dealership that I want to purchase the truck through. However, I am dissapointed in my resonse. He said the best they could do was $25,773. Which is almost $1,300 more than what I can get the truck for. Whats your opinion on this difference, also considering that its no more than 2 an half hours round trip for them to get it...THanks
    copied right from our nissan dealer website:

Current Configuration
    2005 TITAN 4X4 SE KING AUTO

K11-K
    SMOKE, STEEL

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $25,581 $28,300

FLO $90 $120
    FLOOR MATS

POP $954 $1,100
    SE POP W/BENCH ST

TOW $347 $400
    TOW PACKAGE

USS $111 $150
    UNDER SEAT STORAG

50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION

Freight Charge $670 $670

Total $27,753 $30,740

if you take the invoice price and subtract $2500, you are looking at $25,253 plus tax, reg, and doc. if the truck above looks like what you are looking at, see if you cant get them to $25,000 plus tax, reg, and doc. who knows (in all honesty) how legit that other deal was, and with really cheap prices like that, you'll get scalped on financing, or they'll make you buy warranties, etc...the numbers are always made up somewhere else...

it doesnt hurt to give it a shot!

good luck!

I talked to my target dealer with the truck I want on the phone. He gave me the old song and dance about how I should be happy to get a deal like this in the first place. Anyways I said I'd come down there and write him a check if he could bring the Titan down to $24,400, or 26, 900 w/o the rebate, I'd buy today. He said "alright, let's get it done".

I have a really bad feeling some massive rebates are going to be handed down and I am going to regret this but oh well. Everyone is telling me to do it, so here goes!!! At least I know my gut instinct was right if the prices come down.

But if I even smell of an added hidden fee or bloated finance charge, I'm walkin.

Thanks for everyone's help!! Wish me luck.
    if you always wait for something better, you'll never get anything done! :-P

you are getting a great deal, and don't worry about what the rebates do - if it makes you feel better, when i bought my sentra se-r spec v, there were no rebates at all, now they have $2500! no big deal, i can afford what i pay, and i love my car - so who cares!

good luck! im sure you'll love the truck :D