Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan Titan Prices Paid

Comments

• altamaha_jbaltamaha_jb Member Posts: 4
    Hello all.. I am working on my deal.. this is a demo with 6500 miles.. dealership owner is driver. Time for him to get his 06.

05 KC LE 4X4
    Blizzard/Graphite
    Off Road
    DVD Entertainment
    Trailering (Big Tow)
    MSRP $38,370
    Dealer Offer with 2250 rebate is $31,758
    TTL still to go on top.

Good, Bad, Ugly?

Thanx,
    JB
  • altamaha_jbaltamaha_jb Member Posts: 4
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    Definately is a bad deal. That's price should be for a brand new truck. You should get a new 05 or offer them another $2000 less. The end of the year is near, you should expect to get some really good deals depending on your area. Be patient and a month or two will save your thousand of dollars.

• jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    I'm in a similar situation, although the MSRP on the KC I'm buying is 35340. I'm getting 7500 off msrp, plus TTL. 40xx miles on it. Personally I think this is a pretty good deal.
    Ok, i won't bore you with the details but i went with a different truck than the "used" one above. Long story short, i got it for 8300 off msrp. Yes, you heard that right. I spent 3 hours going over the paperwork last night trying to find an "error", but it's for real. I have NO IDEA how or why I got this deal, other than it's the deal I asked for, and they bit.. I’m completely befuddled. But the LE is LOADED and I totally love it.

I also had a most incredible experience at the dealership. I mean, it was THE BEST dealership I’ve ever dealt with -- from professional looking and knowledgeable salespeople, to the beautiful building (looked like a Hyatt hotel) to the smooth as silk operation in processing the paperwork -- it was all just incredible.

I'm in the DC area so if any of you are in the hunt for a Nissan product let me know and I’ll be happy to steer you to the guy i dealt with.

Happy hunting!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Please... We don't allow communication of individual salesperson names in Edmunds.com forums...

However, you may tell us the dealership name, along with the city and state...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rmeerrmeer Member Posts: 2
    Please help.
    I need a truck to tow an 8500# A/S trailer. I wanted a Toyota, but it only handles 7200# and the full size 'might be' out by 2007. It's now between a Ford F-250 and the Titan KC. Many questions :confuse: :

What is the best price for a Titan KC SE 4x4 w/ Big tow, SE Pop w/Capt ?

Does this truck really tow 9000 lbs up & down the hills of Utah w/o burning up?

Is the F250 a better truck for towing this much trailer?

Will the Toyota FTX be a better truck?

Does end of the month buying really mean anything anymore?

Please give me specific numbers. I go to do battle this week.

Thanks,
    Rmeer
    I can't speak to your towing questions, and I've never been to Idaho, but I will say that my Titan has an immense amount of power. If it says it will tow 9200 then I believe it.

Ok, for your price question. I'm in the DC area. It's hyper competitive. I don't know about your area. That said, I was easily able to get a price on this truck -- 25950. That was, I believe when rebates for the KC were 2500.

Drivetrain :4x4

Packages and Options

Big Tow Package $400
    Off-Road Package (4x4 only) $1150
    SE Rockford Fosgate Package with Bench $1600
    SE Utility Bed Package $950

Accessories
    Floor Mats $110

Base MSRP $28,150.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $4,210.00
    Destination & Handling $670.00

Total MSRP† $33,030.00

If you want an 05, they are practically giving them away.

Happy hunting.
  • rodman1207rodman1207 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys ... man this is great information on the forum!!! So I'm gonna be selling my IS300 .... and get the Titan. I've been doing a lot of outdoors ... camping ... fishing ... etc. And I've been using my IS300 .... but now I realize ... I NEED A TRUCK!!! Especially since I'll be getting a 21 foot boat in the near future! So this is what I'm eyeing down! What do you think this would go for?

Nissan 2005 SE Crew Cab

*Rockford Fosgate w/Power Captain

That's all I need .... dont really need any other packages .... but I do realize it's gonna be hard to find just this package. Where should I start me negotioations? And where do you think I'll end up? I'm in So Cal if it helps!!

Thanks in advance you guys!!

-Rod
    In my area, the rebates on the 05 CC are $2,250. I'd start at invoice and go down from there as my first offer. Heck, go as low as you want! I got my 05 KC (that has a $3K rebate) for over $5k off invoice. I still don't know how. This was a brand new truck too (ok, it's an 05, technically one year old) but if that wasn't a good deal I need it explained to me why it wasn't.

Good luck.
  • konatruckkonatruck Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking for a Nissan Titan. I noticed the rebates for the 2006 have expired. Does anyone know when a new rebate will be released?
  • rodman1207rodman1207 Member Posts: 2
    I just got quoted this price for a 05 SE CC. With the following:

*RF /Power Captain
    *Utility Bed
    *Matts
    *Util Slider

For $24,344 not including TTL. What do you guys think?
  • al120hpal120hp Member Posts: 5
    What price should I pay for this titan
    How much should they knock off the $39.0000 sticker price for this 2005
    Thanks

AL Pennsylvania

Nissan Titan Crew LE

Total MSRP† $39,310.00
    Model: Crew LE Exterior: Red Alert
    Interior: Steel
    Drivetrain 4x4
    Packages and Options
    Big Tow Package $400
    Mobile Theater System Option $1450
    Off-Road Package $1000
    Floor Mats $120
    Utili-Track Sliding Bed Divider $270
    Base MSRP $35,400.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $3,240.00

Total MSRP† $39,310.00

Standard Features
  • n8nleen8nlee Member Posts: 2
    Hi jcaley,

I'm starting the process now and I think it'll be much faster than I anticipate. Would like to get that contact for a dealer in SoCal. I'm in San Diego and willing to travel.

thanks,
    nate
  • n8nleen8nlee Member Posts: 2
    Rod,

That's about what I want (except I like to get the tow package as well). That sounds very reasonable to me. Which dealership quoted you this price?

thanks,
    nate
  • mnavamnava Member Posts: 5
    Best deal I got, is it good? Thanks

Current Configuration 2005 TITAN 4X4 LE CR-CB AUTO
    Silver, GRAPHITE/TITANI
    Invoice MSRP
    BASE $31,999 $35,400
    DVD $1,258 $1,450 DVD ENTERTAIN SYS
    FLO $90 $120 FLOOR MATS
    NAV $1,735 $2,000 NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    OFF $867 $1,000 OFF-ROAD PACKAGE
    SA2 $738 $850 SAB W/O VDC
    SRF $780 $900 SUNROOF
    TOW $347 $400 TOW PACKAGE
    50S $0 $0 50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $670 $670
    Total $38,484 $42,790

This net price is calculated as follows:
    MSRP $42,790.00
    Internet Sales Price $37,984.00
    Savings $4,806.00
    Rebate $2,250.00
    Net Price $35,734.00
    Total Savings $7,056.00
  • bullenebullene Member Posts: 1
    Hey there everyone...
    I am looking for a deal like this one.
    A 2005 Titan SE or LE Crew Cab with console/leather/5 spoke wheels and a sunroof (optional) what has everyone been paying and from which dealers?
    Thanks alot.
    Scott-Seattle
  • muzzymuzzy Member Posts: 12
    Hello all,
    Im going for the 2006 titan crew se 4x4 in the northern virginia area. I was wondering what people are paying in the area or any area for that matter. thanks
    In the Northern VA area, I heard, but cannot verify, that some dealers are offering 10K off MSRP for the 05 KCs. I can't find this anywhere on any web site. A friend said a co-worker did just such a deal though. Take that FWIW. I haven't heard anything as to what's going on with the 05 CCs.

As for the 06s, you can probably start at invoice and subtract the rebate (don't know what it is right now), shave off some holdback, add in some profit and go from there. I haven't heard of any outrageous deals going on with the 06s and I wouldn't expect to this early in the model year. You'll just have to do your homework and get down in the trenches with your sales person. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info jhs70
    does anyone out there know of any other forums to research the titan. edmunds is great, just looking for any extra info. thanks
  • gearysgearys Member Posts: 4
    Finally, since they came out, I have found the Nissan for me.The color,LE package, everything. Of course they won't be willing to deal on a 2006 this early in the year.The dealer next door is still trying to get rid or the 2005's(Dodge) for a huge 10,000 off sticker.The sticker on "my" Nissan is 36,650. I figure on waiting till at least after the holidays when there sales have gone flat. I'm thinking if they don't take at least 5k off they're taking me to the cleaners, especially if the domestics can afford to take off 10k at the end of the year. I have yet to see any drastic price cuts off the Nissan Titans. I have the patience to wait for the" deal". What does everyone think the Nissan "deal" will be??????????
  • cowpencowpen Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the '05 market too. Can anyone confirm $10K off MSRP in N. VA or anywhere else? I'll travel a long way for that deal!
  • bsimcoxbsimcox Member Posts: 4
    I have been reading many posts from other forums and it seems like $8,000 off MSRP on an '05 is the going price. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone done better than that?

I am replacing my '97 F-150 in the next few weeks and would like to make an informed decision.

-Bill :D
  • cowpencowpen Member Posts: 2
    I've been looking for a couple of weeks now. Best offer I've had is $6250 off MSRP for an '05 SE CC 4WD including rebates. This works out to around $800 below invoice. '05 inventory seems to be getting a little thin now, but I'm hoping I can do better than that.
  • dmarkhdmarkh Member Posts: 8
    I just purchased an 05 KC LE. Sticker was 33990 and they sold to me for invoice minus the rebate of 3K. Thats about 19% discount off MSRP. Best deal I could find was about another 300 off but would have had to go 250 miles to get it.
  • bsimcoxbsimcox Member Posts: 4
    I ran across one yesterday...2005 Crew Cab XE 4x4 only options were power windows and locks. MSRP 29,630 would sell for 24,580. I think dealer invoice should be around 26,500 which should put the truck selling at invoice less the 3,000 rebate at 23,500. Is that good or can I get better? How much under invoice is a good rule of thumb?

Thanks.
  • al120hpal120hp Member Posts: 5
    I just got a 2005 titan LE for $33,350 (almost $6.000 off the sticker) . I think I got a pretty good deal, what do you guys think. I hope I didn't get ripped off

Let me know

Al

2005 Nissan Titan Crew LE

Total MSRP† $39,310.00
    Model: Crew LE
    Exterior: Red Alert
    Interior: Steel
    Drivetrain 4x4
    Packages and Options
    Big Tow Package $400
    Mobile Theater System Option $1450
    Off-Road Package (4x4 only) $1000
    Accessories
    Floor Mats $120
    Utili-Track Sliding Bed Divider $270
    Base MSRP $35,400.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $3,240.00
    Total MSRP† $39,310.00
  • titansetitanse Member Posts: 2
    2005 (Date of Man 6/05)
    King Cab (Galaxy)
    4X4
    Off-Road
    Big-Tow
    SE Pop W/Power Captains
    Utility Bed
    Under Seat Storage
    Floor Mats

MSRP: $32,990
    Rebate: $3,000

I paid 26,400 after rebates plus 6.5% tax = 1912.00.

Thats $6590 off MSRP

Found it at Lancaster Nissan in Ohio
    Kevin
    Hey, your truck sounds close to the one I'm eyeballing. The one I'm looking at has a $36650 msrp on it. From what I can tell from this forum is you should be getting $6300 off sticker. So have you broken down and gotton it yet? How did the #'s pound out? I have found exactly what I want at a local dealer and am going to hold out till after the holidays when there sales should really be in the crapper.Like to hear how it turned out for ya :confuse:
    Kevin
    I think you did pretty good. Actually couple hundred better than me. I am looking forward to picking mine up later this week. Good luck.
  • titansetitanse Member Posts: 2
    Ya, I picked it up earlier this week. Something that kind of ticked me of is the documentation fee (sometimes called prep fee or some other bs) it was $100. The salesman admitted is was crap but claimed it was $100 in Ohio. I felt that I made up the $100 in negotiating so I it was not a show stopper. He told me that in other states like WV that he has seen it as high as $1500!

I waited as long as I could to purchase. I was hoping Nissan would raise the rebates for Nov but as you know they stayed the same. Considering the options I wanted their were only three within 150 miles that were comprable so I gave in. All said and done I paid $28,412 after tax and title minus rebates. Good luck with you purchase. :) Kevin
  • run_deeprun_deep Member Posts: 4
    Anyone purchased an 06 recently? I know what I want:

LE Crew Cab
    Tow Pack
    Step Rails
    Floor Mats
    MSRP 37,275

Trying to find a goal to shoot for in pricing.
    Ha...they get the same $100 in Massachusetts. Title preperation and documentation fee. Its a BS fee.

I actually bought mine the last weekend in Oct and told the dealer that if the rebate increased in Nov then I expected it. No luck and since the 05 stock was getting thin I decided to pull the trigger now.

Got the truck yesterday and its all I expected.

Good luck with yours

Dave
    Hey, Good for you. Sounds like you got the best deal going. As for the doc. fee you still did real good. Up here in Me. I think it's around $250 or more. They claim it's state law. Yeah, state law that says they get a little xtra cream in their pocket! What were you driving before and how does it compare?
    Run Deep, you have good taste! I'd like the same truck. Have you braved the salesmen yet ? How about those sites like cars below invoice.com? They claim the best deal, but I'm wondering how crazy the Emails will get when you throw out your address to 'em. I'm a little gun shy to take the dive now. ( just changed jobs) Love to hear how things turn out for you. We may be better off to wait till after the holidays when eveyone is in creditcard shock when they see what hey spent on xmas. What do you think :confuse: :confuse:
    I was driving a 97 Dakota SLT Crew Cab V8. Had it for 9 years and 105K miles. It was ok but had several issues over the years and quite a few in the first 5 years. The quality and robustness were just not there for a truck. Still looks great and runs well. It was just time.

After my first weekend with the Titan all I can say is WOW. I am impressed. I have driven PU's for the last 30 years going back to my 3 on the tree Chev C10 250 straight 6. I was initially a bit concerned with the size since I have been driving a mid size but after 300 miles I am over that. Its really not that bad. Initial Gas miledge is 15 which is about what I got with V8 Dakota. It was between Titan, Ford 150 and Tundra. I always second guess after a decision and did it here as well but if initial impressions hold this was a great choice.

Enjoy
    Dave
    I test drove an 06 last weekend and I am going to buy one. I didn't talk price with them at all yet and I already got a message on my machine at home. I am going back on the friday after turkey day to see if they are willing to make an end of month (quota) deal. I figure it will take them a few days to find what I want (at another dealer in the region) and I can delay a couple more days after they get it in - i.e. show up on 12/1 - to see if the rebate goes up in December for some free money.
  • highrollerhighroller Member Posts: 351
    hey all i just got my 06 nissan titan SE crew cab with step rails the other day.
    I was hoping if i got a good deal on this?

Here's the list (hopefully i get most of you guys jealous =P):
    2006 titan 4x2 SE grey(smoke)
    Total MSRP before buying warranties and plans =$30,040.00
    SE popular package $1350
    Floor mats $120
    Destination charge $670
    Interior: steel
    rear sonar sensor
    thermo sensor(displays temperature)
    tow/haul mode
    mp3/am/fm/cd system with 6 speakers 6-cd changer
    power windows n locks
    rear glass
    audio mounted on steering wheel
    heated outside mirrors
    2 yr maintenance/30,000 miles premium(platinum)coverage
    5 yr tire & wheel protection
    careguard security system warranty
    gap insurance: $374 per
    Gold security plus plan(5 yr/75,000miles) warranty
    5.94% annual percentage rate (APR)!!

Total MSRP $31,079.68
    Total after completing payments (6yrs)= $35,999
    Yes, usually after the holidays is a very good bargaining chip. In fact, i believe that if i waited after Thanksgiving holiday, i would of gotten probably $500 more off of the (out-the-door) MRSP, which was the $31,079 i was talking about. Usually the warranties and whatever plans you buy will bring your MRSP up a little bit. Oh, and one more thing about my buying experience, I was being hustled. After i finished with the paperworks for the truck, i took my time to went over all the costs and papers. As you may know, you should never walk out the door even if you're done with the paperwork. Once u drive off, the deal's done. SO anyways, after the paperwork was done i took my time to re-calculate all the costs that i signed for. To my surprise, they charged me $177 more a month. $177 a month for 6 yrs to be more exact. Thats alot.

I guess overall my experience was good because i got my truck with an okay price. I just love it when i kept giving my disapproval look =). I talked to them for about 5 hrs and i end saying ill think it overahhah.. They were dumbfounded because they thought i was indeed going to buy the truck right away, when in fact, i was hustling them.
    Highroller - I was confused on your post. What was the MSRP (manuf. suggested retail price) total and what was the agreed price you paid (before tax, tag, and title)? It is hard to judge a differential without knowing how much the added warantee, etc was.
    Sorry for the confusion..

Actually looking back to my receipt for the vehicle i didnt really state how i got to $31,079.68 to be exact.

Ok, here's the extended in-depth hopefully easier to understand breakdown of the total price of my 4x2 06 SE Crew Cab Titan w/ only 5 miles at the time.

Sale sticker said $30,040.00 but they were selling cash price of the vehicle for = 28055.85
    Manufacture rebate = $1000.00

So actually the MSRP(without all the fees, all the taxes, and other charges like warranties and plans) was= $27055.85

The total for fees and taxes (but not warranties and other plans that i bought optional) was = $1890.32(sales tax alone was $1690.99)

The total for optional plans, warranties, and the documentation fee was = $2133.51 (I had the 5yr/75k warranty and 2yr/30k maintenance plan)

Total charges,fees,taxes = $4023.83

Amount financed or total MSRP with optionals and fees, etc. is = $31079.68

i got a good deal for the APR(annual percentage rate) at 5.94% The finance charge was $4919.72

After downpayment, the total of payments(amount i will have paid after i have made all payments as scheduled) will be = $35999.40.

Again, here's the accessories i have in detail:
    Step-rails were installed for free
    wheel locks and bedliner

SE Popular Package includes the following only:
    rear sonar system(watch out for the kids behind!)
    homelink universal transcevier
    auto-dim rear view mirror
    steering wheel audio control
    extended overhead console with compass and outside temperature display
    Floor mats

Here is the standard equipment that is available for crew cab models:
    Tow mode switch
    18' wheels alloy
    dual power heated outside mirrors
    rail caps for bedside
    mp3/am/fm cd audio system with 8(not 6) speakers and 6disc in dash cd changer
    all power controls
    remote keyless entry
    cruise control
    dual 12 volt dc power outlets
    electronic brake force distribution
    tire pressure monitoring system!!
    LATCH system(lower anchors and tethers for Children)
    vehicle security and immobilizer system
    Rear privacy glass
    Power sliding captain's chair
    all windows tinted

let me know what you think
    High :)
    The only problem i have had with the truck is that the gas cap cover is easily accessible to any gas thieves. I dont know if all brands of pickup trucks are designed this way but im looking into buying/installing a lock. Nissan wont do it becuase they said that people who installed them kept gettin check engine light and therefore showed the egr system being malfunctioned on the computer.
    Highroller:

So in the end it looks like you got $2985 off the MSRP which is about 9.9%.

I recommend that you go to CARMAX site (www.carmax.com)and look at MSRP and No Haggle price on similar model to yours for comparison. I think you will find they are discounting in the range of 13-14% on 06's.

You did OK but could have done better and I have no idea what the warrentee's are valued at.??

D
    Looking at their website, it doesn't have any 06 titan in all the cities in Texas. It only had the 04's. My question is that does carmax include any warranty or plans that go along with the MSRP total amount? My total MSRP was only $31079. I dont care about how much people are saving, i just know that i got the truck with the above amount when i walked out of the dealership including all the warranties and plans. It seems like i got a really good deal. And, im not trying to beat up on you dmarkh, but optional plans and warranties are very important along with the MSRP :)

For the warranty: its 5yr/75k bumber to bumper warranty.

Maintenance plan is 2yr/30k that includes free oil changes, replace incabin filter,fuel filter,free tire rotation/balance, air filters, and free roadside assistance. At 30k, will replace the major service like timing belts, transmission, etc.

I also got the GAP insurance policy, if my car is stolen or destroyed within that 5yrs, itll pay up to 25,000 (without being charged for anything else) to replace a new one.

Highroller
  • accumacaccumac Member Posts: 16
    I have 52,000 on the '04 Titan LE King Cab, the brakes are no longer a problem with the latest fix (3 sets of front rotors,1 set of rears), the dash squeaks have diminished but not gone away. I just had a leaky axle seal replaced with a new bearing and seal on the left rear axle and new tires at 40K. mi. Now I am thinking about trading in for the '06 or should I opt for a fire sale on an '05, anyone know if there are any significant changes between the 2 years? I did notice that the '06 has dual zone heat and AC. One more thing, thanks to the loaners I used when my truck was being worked on, Ford, Dodge and last week an '06 Silverado, I could not buy anything but the Nissan, the ride, engine, transmission response, fit and finish is superior by far. I did like the lightness of the Ford tailgate. Any one heard about a New larger Toyota Tundra for '06? What value should I get for my 4x4 LE King Cab Titan with 52K and a few minor bruises?
    I test drove the 06 and the tailgate is solid (heavy) as you know from your 04, but they added a hydraulic assist for both opening and closing. It is easy to open and shut with one hand - even the middle aged saleswoman that was showing me the truck had no problem doing it with one hand. I think the 05 has this feature also - but I wasn't looking at 05s so I don't know for sure.
  • splashsplash Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2005 SE CC, build date April, 2005. Now has 5K miles. Have had no mechanical problems, no squeaks. My only complaint is that the arm rest of the captain seat has sagged. Haven't tried getting it fixed, yet. 2005 vs 2006 - it would depend on just how much you're saving. For me, saving $3K would be worth it and less than that wouldn't be. Good luck.
    I agree with dmarkh. The only thing an outsider can begin to give you decent info on is msrp, invoice, and rebates. In that regard, I do think that if you look at similar MSRPs and discounts at carmax (or other such site), you CAN make fairly valid comparisons. Of course I can only speak for the carmax in my area, and I believe carmax in Maryland is the only new nissan dealership in their company. They have an 06 at 4200 off msrp.

This aftermarket stuff you've opted for -- there's no way for us to know what a good price is for that in your area. Personally, I'm not a big fan of these warranties -- seems to me that most of that is covered by the factory anyway, up to 3 yrs/36K, no? Gap ins, ok. Did you price all this after-market stuff elsewhere outside of where you bought, or did you check your credit union? If you MUST have these items, you can definitely shop around for them before you buy to see if the dealer is competitive in his prices. These topics are covered elsewhere ad nauseum in the Town Hall; just search around and you'll find them.

But, too, it doesn't really matter what we think, does it? You sound extremely happy with your purchase and that's all that matters.
    Yes i agree with you, as long as people are happy. I would like to buy the 06 at carmax because it does seem to have a good deal on the msrp. But unfortunately in TX carmax dont have the 06 here. As for the warranties, plans, apr rates, etc, i also agree that its difficult to compare. Some people need the opts and some dont.
    Overall, i would say i got a good deal but not the best. So, i regret saying i got the best deal or what not... =)
    If we're just comparing msrp, i would say that people who got their 06 at carmax or other places which are cheaper, they are really getting a good deal. For the people who needs the piece of mind of getting opts, than i must say that i would like to see some comparisons PLEASE.

High :)