Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Tucson

Comments

• skeeterfish1skeeterfish1 Member Posts: 2
    It took about 20 extra minutes to have it done a couple of weeks ago when I was getting my 3,700 mile serice.
  • skeeterfish1skeeterfish1 Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 Tucson is in the shop right now for the third time since early February with the same electrical problem. I have just under 3,900 miles on this vehicle that I purchased in late October, 2006. The first time they told me I had a defective battery and they replaced it. Twenty days later, when I had it towed in for the second time with the same problem (no electrical power), they said they found a loose connection. On Thursday, April 26 I had to have it towed in again with the same problem. They called me today to tell me that while they could find nothing wrong with it, and had no idea why this was happening, their tech center told them to install a heavier duty battery, which they've had to order. I was told by the serice advisor that they still have no idea what the problem is. As much as I really love this vehicle, it's gotten to a point now where I don't trust it. If it happens one more time I intend to contact the Ohio attorney general's office about invoking the state's Lemon Law.
  • roberto1980roberto1980 Member Posts: 2
    Of course they dont cover it!!, they said to me that is normal for because of the roads!!, and my ranger never get that damage.
  • airflyteairflyte Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2006 tucson with the same problem! the radio has a problem! when turned off it will draw to much current and will kill the battery. the dealer also changed the battery,this also did not help. after changing the radio the problem never came back!
  • psfod3psfod3 Member Posts: 63
    I just test drove a 07 v6 Tucson It road very nicely. I drive around 32,000 mniles per year. I read in the service manual that the timing belt has to be changed at 60,000 miles. I think that is crazy to have to go through that expense every 60,000 miles. My Forester did not have to have this done till 105,000 miles. If you do not do it and it breaks your 100,000 mile warrenty is void. Poor design from Hyundai
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Not really on the part of Hyundai. Actually, many manufacturers recommend timing belt replacement @ every 60K miles.

Timing chains in my opinion are more advantageous, and Hyundai has several models with such equipment.
  • kyedselkyedsel Member Posts: 5
    Check and see about changing the transmisssion fluid. The say to change it every 30,000,
  • mikdeemikdee Member Posts: 27
    60K timing belt replace, actually, I think that's about right for most vehicles. It's not our fault you put 32k miles per year on a vehicle. That 105k timing belt change seems over the recommended limit even for a Subaru? Besides the cramped rear foot, & legroom, and hard as a board rear seat not even fit for kids, or midgets, in your Forrester is what I call poor design! and they haven't improved these items year, after year, that is the only reason I won't buy one. By the way, I have 40K trouble free miles on my 05' V6 4WD Tucson LX, after trading in my similarly equipped 02' Santa Fe LX with driving it 3 1/2 yrs, and 87k happy, trouble free miles.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I think 60k is too low too. My older Outback is just at 60,000 so I need to replace the belt, plus I think it's an interference engine so I can't skate on delaying it too long.

On the other hand, my '99 Quest's timing belt is good for 105,000 miles, and it's a non-interference engine, and I've read that some owners are still on the original belt with 200,000+ miles on the van. I'm just 10k miles over for replacing mine. :shades:

Except for fluids, I'd just as soon not open my hood for the first 100,000 miles. :blush:
  • andavis60andavis60 Member Posts: 2
    We just bought a 2007 Tucson Saturday May 12, yesterday on May 13 I was driving and began to smell gasoline. It kept getting stronger and stronger so I turned off the a/c and rolled windows down. A person in another vehicle came up beside me a told me I was losing gas all the way down the high way. I pulled over and parked and gas was pouring out from under the vehicle. After it stopped pouring out it continued to drip, but if I tried to turn on the accessory to roll up windows it would start pouring out again. The fire dept ( I had to call them or road side assistant would not send a wrecker to tow) undid the relay for the fuel pump, but it was still leaking when it was loaded on the flatbed. Has anyone else experienced this? This vehicle only has 134 miles on it!
  • sandypath1sandypath1 Member Posts: 4
    read my post #1362. I am curious as to what was the outcome of your car. Was your gas tank in tact? What did they say happened?? SandyPath1@aol.com
  • andavis60andavis60 Member Posts: 2
    I just picked my vehicle up from the shop. The cause of my problems was that the fuel return line came loose. They reinstalled the fuel line and refilled my tank. Seems to be running all right,although I can't help but watch the road behind me and look under the vehicle when I get out of it. The guy at the desk said he has worked there 3 years and has never seen that happen. I hope it doesn't happen again.!
  • bwaller78bwaller78 Member Posts: 23
    Hello, well Im glad it was fixed, I have 12455 miles and not a single problem, but have noticed that sometimes the a/c makes a noise when running, but the a/c still works so probably wont take to dealer till it gets worse, I cant hardly even notice because I play my music loud, lol!
  • mikdeemikdee Member Posts: 27
    i am now getting 20-22mpg around town, here in rural Pa. i was getting 18-20 previously, don't ask me why it has improved? but, I do have over 40k miles on the odometer now. Also, the weather here has been mild between 60-85* Fahrenheit. This is also awhile after a dealer oil change with ordinary Mobil 5-30W oil, not synthetic, or synthetic blend, as I usually use? Haven't tried any long distance hiway drives lately, but if I get 25plus mpg then, I'll shut up. The only mod I've had for quite awhile is a drop in K&N air filter.

2005 Tucson LX V6 4WD Auto Nautical blue
  • tpfilm1tpfilm1 Member Posts: 25
    I am looking to get an '07 SE, 4WD. Wanted to get some owner's thoughts and opinions on their Tucsons... Board has been dead for awhile.

Anyone used theirs off-road? I.e. moderately deep/loose sand beaches?

Anyone from NC here?
    I have a 2006 v6 gls, now over 15k miles and I still love driving my tucson, I have only taken mine on some dirt roads now and again since I dont have 4wd. I find my tucson to be comfortable on long drives, handles well at 75 mph+ I am averaging 20.2 to 20.5 mpg in city and 25-26 mpg on hwy, the rear leg room is excellent for the size of car, drives and handles like a car but a bit higher off the road the way I like, I live in vegas and my tucson has stood up to the extreme heat, and a/c still goes, have not had any problems with mine. I have used my tucson a couple of times to move items and cargo area with fold flat rear seats is nice. I have driven my tucson in a light to moderate snow storm and drove like a champ with no problems.
  • bblm20bblm20 Member Posts: 3
    Are you still having this problem? I just bought a tuscon in Oct. of last year. It is an o5
    had only 8500 miles. I have had it in the shop 10 times now and it is back there again
    for some kind of electrical problem. If I don't drive it every day, on the third day it is
    dead. they replaced the battery and some module but they can not find the problem.
    I have been in touch with the Hyundai corp. reg. this. I think it is a lemon and I have
    noticed that other tuscon owners are having this problem. I am in agreement for a
    recall. Thanks a frustrated Tuscon owner!
  • tyreetyree Member Posts: 3
    Yes, mine was the same, 2006 GLS Tucson. Needed driving daily, or on the 2nd or 3rd day it would be dead. They say the problem is now fixed. We will see.

had it in the shop 4x for same issue, and they think it is a bad stereo unit, which they replaced. seems it would come on while parked, and drain the battery.

my dealer, at 22nd and wilmot in tucson az found some sort of bulletin on it.

kat
  • bigbutttucsonbigbutttucson Member Posts: 3
    bwaller, What happened with that A/C noise? Our 05 Tucson is starting to make a noise with the A/C, I guess its a sort of a slight growl sound that echos the engine revs, and it comes from the vents only when the A/C is on. Did you ever find a fix?
    well never did take it in to have it looked at, seemed to stop making the noise, use the ac daily and haven't noticed it, but seemed to make the noise once ac is running for a while on long trips, will have it looked at when i get a chance. its not a big deal to me, because the ac works just fine, so to me its on the low priority list,till the ac goes out, hope you can find a fix.
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, our A/C works fine, too, but the sound is a bit anoying. Well if anyone else has had that A/C noise (a sorta growl or rumble or bass sound from the vents) please lemme know.
  • hyundaipro07hyundaipro07 Member Posts: 5
    i just bought an 07 se yesterday loaded i have sold them and have owned hyundai since 1989 they are the best vehicle out there.drive one you will love it.signed the hyundai pro.
  • dal2230dal2230 Member Posts: 4
    We are working on the second battery, the second radio, and have been told everything from there is nothing wrong with it to don't open the door before you turn the car off.. My mother has been made to feel as though she is completely out of her mind everytime she has to have the car towed back in.. There is never anything wrong with it. It is in the shop again. They say the last battery they put in that would fix the problem was the wrong battery. In other words... they don't have a clue..We got a lawyer and filed a lemon law case and the offer they made to my mom was that she pay them $500 and they would take the car back.. The kicker of this whole thing is that her car is a year old with 5300 miles on it. She has been having problems with it since the second week she brought it home. I am at my wits ends.. I am about ready to scream from the top of the roof how bad this car is.. My mom bought this car brand new for the piece of mind of having a new car.. She pays her car payment on time.. Somebody needs to step up and fix this problem..I don't know where else to go for help..
    My mother's 2006 Tuscon is a piece of junk.. She has had it in and out of the shop over 20 times since she bought it last year. The problems started a couple of weeks after she got it home. First they said she must have left the lights on.. then. it was the battery.. then it was the radio..then it was there was nothing wrong with it..then the battery.. then you don't drive it enough.. then, you can't open the door before you turn off the engine..It is again in the shop.. now they are saying the last radio they put in was the wrong radio..We hired a lawyer.. the offer was for my mom to pay them (Hyundai) $500.00 and they would take the car back.. All I know is some big wig suit hire up in this company needs to step up and do the right thing for my mother.. Hyundai built a piece of crap in this car..I will not rest until something is done.. I have contacted every local consumer report on t.v and radio in my area and will not quit until somebody helps her. It's ridiculos. My mother's car is a little over a year old with 5300 miles on it..Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    the offer was for my mom to pay them (Hyundai) $500.00 and they would take the car back

Do you mean to say that they would refund the price of the car minus $500? In that case, I would jump on it! But that's just me. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • newhartfordnewhartford Member Posts: 49
    My wife just bought a 2007 GLS automatic and likes it fine so far except for one issue. She is short - 4' 11" and likes the seat back quite upright. This pushes her head forward in an attitude of prayer. Obviously she doesn't want to pray full time. It is OK if the seat is tilted back some but that doesn't suit her. The rest is adjustable and we have it all the way back. We finally pulled the rest out and turned it around to get by. I pulled the head rest out of our '03 Elantra (non-adjustable) which has the same mounting and tried it in the Tuscon and it is fine for her. It seems that Hyundai in trying to limit head travel in a rearender has gone overboard with this design.
    No, they weren't going to refund her anything, and they wanted her to pay them $500.00. They said that the way they calculated everything, my mom would owe them $500..So she would be out the car, out $500 cash from her pocket, and no money to use as a down payment on another car. She can't afford that..It just doesn't seem right..
    I think we're (the readers) missing something here. Let your lawyer do his job and let us know how it goes. Good luck!
    That's what the lawyer worked out with Hyundai. Then the lawyer was let go and then his replacement quit, and then his replacement left.

Basically we are now stuck with a crap car.. and no lawyer.
  • kcrnmalekcrnmale Member Posts: 47
    I hope bucster47 sees this message to reply. What was the cause of your ESC problem? I have a 2005 KIA Sportage with the same problem. My "Traction Off" light would come on intermittently in hot weather and never in the winter. It also never came on when the dealer checked it out. I plan on driving to the dealer when it happens again and let them check the error code while the light is on. I'm in Iraq at the moment and my wife says she hasn't seen the light come on this summer. It's probably a traction sensor but I started wondering if the traction control worked fine and perhaps it's actually a faulty dash light? Once again, it never came on except in hot weather.
  • mike_belknapmike_belknap Member Posts: 378
    Working just off of product cycle lengths, a complete redesign is due in a year or two, so we're looking at the '09 or '10 model-year. So far, there haven't been any prototypes spotted testing, so it's likely the latter. Because nothing has been seen or officially announced about the vehicle, it's next to impossible to determine just what we'll get. It will stay car-based, and probably remain FWD/AWD, but we may, for the first time, get a diesel engine choice in the US.

Below I've added an A3-based chop. There's nothing authoritative about the design, of course, but I thought it might be fun to post. ;)

Mike

• braincandybraincandy Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Tucson 07 in January. Caught fire recently. The investigator claimed that "possible cause" of fire could have been debris caught by the car before parking. Maybe it picked up a paper bag or tumbleweed on the road.
    And is listing the official cause as such. However is not ruling out fuel return line. It was burned beyond inspection. The Tucson is repairable according to Hyundai. It's just that they will not take the responsibility of admitting that the Tucson has a problem. Be careful. I have not yet begun to fight.
  • strakerstraker Member Posts: 8
    My Tucson that is 1&1/2 years has been giving me engine trouble. First the dealers thought the head gasket went bad but now they're thinking that the cylinder head is cracked. They've ordered the replacement part but should I be having these problems with a vehicle under 3years old?
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    No, you should not be having problems; however, no make of vehicle is always 100% perfect. This could happen to any vehicle, Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet, Honda...whoever. As long as you are covered by the warranty, I am hoping your problem will be taken care of. Are they giving you a loaner???
  • strakerstraker Member Posts: 8
    Warranty only for 1 year. I am currently using a loaner they gave me but it's a far cry from what I was accustom to driving.

Even if not under warranty I would think they I should not bear the full cost of the repairs.

And I was wondering if anyone else has had that type of problem with their Tucson before.
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    I am the guy that did a report about the Tucson V6 LX 30K miles USA & Central American ans South America). Now I am in Europe travelling through the Alps, Ukrania, Rumania and Bulgary.

I will report at the end of this month all the good things of this Tucson with field experience. I have attended the Frankfurt Car Show (Germany)and I saw the Tiguan. The "Track and Field model" is for off road driving with a offroad lock and its underframe is fully protected. Turbo Engine (Diesel and Petrol).

In my report I will report on what I would like to see in a new Tucson version (year 2008-2009)to beat the competition in price and quality and all the goodies that this car has showm me so far.
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    Tucson 55K miles (September 2007)

I am the guy who did a report of the 30K miles of the Hyundai Tucson V6 LX some time ago. I bought this car in November 2004 and I have driven the car in the USA, Central American, and South America and now I have driven all Western and Easter Europe countries (Alps and Carpathian mountains) with the exception of Russia, Belarus, Serbia and Montenegro and Albania.

During the course of the journey I have done all the recommended maintenance, I bought 2 set of four new tyres. The original tyres (BF Goodrich) were changed at 25K miles, the first set of four tyres (Bridgestone) was changed at 47K miles and the car has now four new tyres (Yokohama A/T-S G012).

Externally the car has a number of scratches as the product of tree branches, and the mirror paints has discoloured showing what I might describes as tiger spots. When the car is loaded with stuff the occasional squeaky noises may occur. The ride is still fine on motorway tarmac but off the road it has its limitations. Any little bump or pot hole is felt straight away. At environment temperatures above the 30 degree centigrade the engine compartment can become very hot indeed.

Internally, the relatively cheap plasticity used in this car cannot prevent a number of scratches even those produced by pens, shoes soles, and finger nails. The plastic covering the doors (e.g. handled) has lost its firmness and there are intermittent squeaky noises when the handles are operated in spite of using silicone oil to sooth the noise.

During the whole journey I have used a roof box and in general I can say that the car still shows that it is solid and keeps proper composure even at high speed (e.g. 85 miles per hour). In two thirds of the mileage the car had a total load of between 800 pounds to 900 pounds, including passengers, roof box and cargo. .

If Hyundai is thinking to upgrade this Tucson model I will certainly buy the upgrade if some radical changes are made not just a face lift. They said that the norm of a car manufacturer is to upgrade a model every 4 years. What I would like to see in a new version of a Tucson are: (1) More power, e.g. 3.2 litre engine or 2.5 litre turbo, (2) Five or six automatic gear box, (3) Improved off road (track) suspension mechanism (e.g. 60 % Tarmac, 40% off road), (4) One or two inches more of floor clearance, (5) Set of Xenon front lights as an option, (6) Intermittent signal light (indicators) incorporated in the mirrors, (6) Bigger wheels, e.g. 18 inches (e.g. 235/60R18, (7) Better and stronger internal plasticity, (8) Resistant external paint to sustain stronger scratches, (9) Bigger petrol storage, (10) One or two inches car length longer, (11) One or two inches car width wider, (12) Control switches on the steering wheel, (13) Off-road control (or track)l switch look in addition to the 4WD lock (e.g. similar that Volkswagen Tiguan), (14) A laptop tray in the passenger location or rear passenger seat, or car roof (15) Extra under frame protection for track driving, (16) Improved 4WD mechanism lock response on the rear wheels ( lack of rear wheel synchronization in sharp turning at slow speed), (17) Better heat insulation between engine compartment and the driver compartment (heat from the engine filtrates into the driver compartment), (18) Better leather seat design to prevent undesirable wrinkles, (19) Better A/C mechanism to prevent extra noise from the engine when the A/C or front screen window defogging switch is on, (20) Incorporation of fog light in the rear light mechanism activated from the driver compartment, (21) GPS screen system as an option., (22) Stronger cargo area surface to resist 250 total weights pounds boxes while the car is off-road action, (23) Intermittent sound when the car is driven with the hand brake engaged instead of flashing light in the facia, (24) Stronger or better design of cup holders in the driver compartments, (25) Better airtight in the whole car to prevent road dust enter the inside of the car, (26) Better skid cover design (under the engine compartment) to prevent spill mud to dirty all the engine compartment components. In summary I would just like an increase in ground clearance, bigger wheels, stronger off road suspension, and more engine power.

What I most like about the Tucson is its rear passenger’s seats mechanism that folds completely flat. This layout has allowed me to sleep in the car with my partner in situations of extreme cold or when temporarily lost in the wilderness or unable to get a hotel or camping site.

I have attended the Frankfurt car exhibition this month (September, 2007) in Germany to explore the Volkswagen Tiguan. The car is a bit longer, a bit wider and one or two inches lower than the Tucson. The structure looks strong and has an aggressive look. This Tiguan come in three versions or models. The car suitable for off road is named “Track and Field” and it is under-frame protected and has a different nose than the two others and the off-road suspension is lockable and it is made of stronger components. The Tiguan has less power than the Tucson V6. An ideal new generation of Tucson could be an engine with power similar to the Mazda CX-7, and the off road facilities offered by the Tiguan model
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Thanks for the detailed report! Your Tucson is the most well-travelled of any that I know.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • bucster47bucster47 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2006 Limited Tucson and I'm just curious to why Hyundai didn't install a visible flashing ARMED alarm light with the keyless factory alarm. I've noticed other Hyundai models (example, Sonata) have a visible falshing light on the dashboard when the car is armed. Do I have a defective alarm light not working right, or did hyundai not install one with their keyless alarm systems on the 2006 Tucsons. Any feedback from other 2006 Tucson would be appreciated!! And by the way, my tucson has hit 35000 miles and no problems at all! Still runs as good as new! :)
  • rainybstnrainybstn Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a new 07 Tucson SE FWD. I have put almost 600 miles on this vehicle so far. It's been a month today. My problem is the mileage. It states on the computer that I am getting 14 MPG city driving, and 17 mpg highway. Could this be a computer malfunction? Is this typical in new vehicles? I am not a speedy driver at all, carry no heavy loads, drive very sensibly. I am concerned in a big way that something may be wrong. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice? Other than that, the transmission gets a bit louder in reverse, and the radio makes a hissing noise for about 15 seconds when the car first starts, then goes away. Should i take it in to be looked at? Someone said that new cars need to work out the kinks the first few thousand miles, I don't really buy that. I am not knowledgable about automotive issues so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • flc2006flc2006 Member Posts: 81
    Your car is going through a break in period it will take atleast 10,000 miles more before the car fully breaks in, i have have 2006 Sonata it got about 13.9 mpg with the trip computer when i first bought it, the lowest was about 12 mpg in the city,on the highway i always average especially 25-26 MPG going on long distance trips, a trip computer is averging your driving situations, if you drive mostly in the city it will do a city average most times.
  • dmaj135dmaj135 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a CPO Tuscan LTD and still getting used to it...so far no issues 35K.
    Q: Where is the engine compat light? Its 6:23pm ny time , dark and went to look around so more in the dark, but when I opened the hood, I didnt get a light?
    Anyone ?
  • 05tucson05tucson Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a used 05 Tucson 4WD for my wife - she loves it - kinda small for me but so far it's seems OK except the gas mileage

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give me a clue if these were set up for Sirius or XM radio - it sure looks like right above the rear view mirror that there seems to be a antenna of some sort showing

I really need to get her GPS - so anyone have recomendations?

• vandy50vandy50 Member Posts: 2
    Newbie owner here. I have a 2007 Tucson and I want to remove my front floor mats for cleaning. Do I need to just PULL on the mat around the post or is there some trick? I'm afraid to break the post . . . sorry for the "duh" question.
    Thanks!
  • vandy50vandy50 Member Posts: 2
    Nevermind and sorry. I finally figured out how to do it.
    Thanks again.
  • duncangduncang Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Tucson with a 6 cd changer and it does not recognize that there are 6 cd's loaded in it and it won't let me unload. Display states no disks.

Is there away to unfreeze it OR can anyone tell me how to remove the unit altogether and retrieve my cd's?

Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Changers can be tough.

Try the tricks in the How to Remove a Stuck CD guide. Especially the fuse trick.

But my guess is that someone is going to have to tell you how to remove it. Check the Crutchfield.com site too - they may have some info.
  • quikglik1quikglik1 Member Posts: 3
    So here's a new situation that I haven't experienced with any of my previous cars (none of them have been Hyundais). As a background, I own a 2006 V6 AWD AT Tucson, bought new. It only has 22,000 miles on it. I've been getting about 18.5 MPG in mostly city driving until about a month ago when, all of a sudden, the mileage, as shown by the car computer, dropped to around 13.5 MPG. Recently, it has climbed to about 15.2 MPG. My driving pattern has been exactly the same all this time: nothing has changed in terms of gas used, distances, speed, acceleration etc. I've changed my air filter, but no marked improvement has occurred. So I took the car to a dealer this morning. To my great surprise, the service advisor REFUSED to take my car in order to diagnose it. He gave me a sheet titled "Hyundai Technical Service Bulletin - Fuel Mileage Calculation" that lists driving characteristics that affect mileage, like weight, acceleration, speed, accessories usage, maintenance etc. Daaaa... The second page spells out procedures to calculate MPG. The advisor told me that Hyundai requires them to have the customer do a mileage calculation and write down dates, mileage and amount of gas used on that sheet before they can take the vehicle in for diagnostics. WHAT? He also said that since the "Check Engine" light does not come on, there is nothing for them to check. So one thing completely contradicts the other because my engine light will not come on even if I do the MPG test so what's the point to even mention that? I think it's an outrage. Since when does one need to provide written proof of a problem before having the dealer attempt to diagnose a problem?!!!! Additionally, the car computer shows the current MPG. And if the dealer can't use that number to verify MPG and provide service based on that, then my conclusion is that the car computer is meant to be just a gimmick. The fact that there is 5-year warranty means nothing unless it's followed by Hyundai and its dealers and implemented. By the way, the Bulletin given to me is dated November 2005. It is obviously not a new problem, especially judging by the number of posts I've seen that have to do with poor mileage. There is no doubt that Tucson's auto transmission and engine technology is old, and lower mileage is to be expected, especially on an AWD vehicle. But there is no excuse for Hyundai and its dealers to be blatantly nonresponsive to their customers' concerns. I will try to call their toll-free customer service number, but I doubt that anything will come out of it. I've also had a pretty serious problem with the car's underframe that had to be repaired/replaced (under warranty) after only 15,000 miles. This is my first and last Hyundai product. I am planning to trade the car in at the first opportunity. Hyundai will loose customers very quickly with this type of service (I think they already have based on recent stats, more so than other brands). I would not recommend Hyundai cars/SUVs to anyone. :mad:
  • ecoganecogan Member Posts: 26
    I am considering buying a 2008 or 2009 Tucson for my two college daughters (one car) that go to the same school 700 miles away from home. The reviews I've read from different websites/reviewers (Edmunds/Consumer Reports/Car and Driver, etc.) run the entire gamut, although I see that most of the negative reviews are for some of the older models.

Being that the kids will be so far away from home, and are girls, I can't afford to give them a car that will have them often in the shop, and unable to fend for themselves when it comes to car issues. (We all know how amenable some of the car companies can be at accepting responsibity...) I would appreciate your input and feedback.

EGC
  • nixennixen Member Posts: 1
    Hi.

Do you know what is the camber angle (degree tolerance) for the rear wheels of the hyundai tucson?