Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Titan vs. Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500

2»

Comments

• Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I'll be there on the 7th & 8th. Should be fun! :)

Bob
  • Options
    aggiemph1aggiemph1 Member Posts: 56
    Anybody else disapointed with the posted MSRP of the new Chevy Crew Cab? They announced a starting MSPR of 31,000 for an LS 4X2. It seems to me the Titan is cheaper, more powerful, quieter and with more std. features. I was really interested in the new chevy crew b/c of my GM card savings and a possible customer loyalty $1000 rebate later on this year, but with this pricing it prob won't be worth it.
  • Options
    bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    i agree. we have a titan XE crew cab 4x4, and the MSRP is at $29k. this has power everything and a 6 disc changer.
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Most of the crewcabs sell near or at invoice. If you haven't been to a dealer, I suggest checking it out. On top of that there are low interest or 0% interest financing or huge rebates.
  • Options
    bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    but what does all the incentives do to the value of a used one? (hears a plane crashing)
  • Options
    Have you seen any available at the dealers? I thought they weren't rolling them out until Feb. or March, and I figured that chevy wouldn't heavily rebate or even offer a rebate on these new shortbox crews.
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Sorry thought you were talking about the HD.
  • Options
    Here in Texas, esp. the part I'm from the 1500HD's are very popular. I would hesitate to say I could get a dealer here down to invoice on one of those. They are a nice solid truck, but more than I need and prob. out of my price range. I was hoping the new short box's would be priced more competitively with Ford and Nissan. I got the news on the shortbox crew pricing from an automotive journal, I don't think I can post the webaddress, but they got their info. from a GM press release so it should be easy to find.

Like I said before, I am inclined to buy a Chevy b/c of my GM card rewards ($1500 max down on a silverado) and loyalty bonus (my dad owns a sierra and the bonus is transferrable to anyone in the family, and I think I might be able to stack another $400 on b/c I am in graduate school.

All that sounds like a lot of discounts, but I'd imagine those dealers aren't going to budge on MSRP for a while on those new short box's.
  • Options
    Does Nissan have any programs like the GM card, or loyalty reward?

I know Ford discontinued theirs and Dodge has a fairly new one.

Thanks
  • Options
    ssmilesssmiles Member Posts: 35
    I ordered one from my dealer in California on 12/15/2003. I was advised they would go into production at the Ontario, Canada plant starting after the New Year's holiday. Chevy's media website http://www.media.gm.com/division/chevrolet/

has press releases stating the msrp's and also states first ones would begin to arrive at dealers by end of January. I chose a Z71 model loaded with all but the DVD system and engine block heater. Hopefully some good incentives will be in place whenever delivery day comes. Local ads state 0% for 5 years or $2500 cash back ends today.
This discussion has been closed.