Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Aviator Accessories and Mods

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited June 2014 in Lincoln
What accessories/mods have you added to your Aviator?

Comments

• asemaasema Member Posts: 33
    Not added any yet, but am going to get the mud/splash guards installed very soon. Dealer wanted around $100 (parts and labor) to install them...I guess thats not too bad.
  • raul69raul69 Member Posts: 28
    I purchased my Aviator back in July 03' and I am still trying to get Catch all mats. I am constanlty checking the niftyproducts.com website, which is the manufacturer of these mats.
    Every time I call a dealer they tell me that it will be another month before they come out. Hope they get them soon. I just called on Friday and they again told me the same thing. If anyone hears anything on these mat's availabilty please let me know.
  • ehedlundehedlund Member Posts: 2
    Any suggestions for a good cargo liner that can be used with both the 3rd seat up and down? Anyone familiar with the Canvasback Liner? Would the Mountaineer version fit ?? http://www.canvasback.com/?refname=driftfish
    A good cargo liner that can be used with both the 3rd seat up or down is the Catch All cargo liner - both carpeted or vinyl. It has a split or crease at the point where the 3rd seat folds allowing it to fold at this point. The rest of the floor mat set is awesome too. Go to nifty products web site at niftyproducts.com. Unfortunately it is not out yet for the Aviator and you can't use the Explorer or Mountaneer's set since there is a slight variance. It should be out in Feb. but I have been told this since July'03.
  • hammer995hammer995 Member Posts: 27
    I am getting this from my dealer and I wonder if it works well. I was reading on another forum that it may interfere with the factory alarm.

Thanks,
    Sonny
  • gunfghtr13gunfghtr13 Member Posts: 9
    Nifty catch all said today they would have Catch all mats available in 1 week !! I will believe it when I get them but I have the light interior and this vehicle has been difficult to keep clean. If anyone else talks to them or gets an update please keep us posted. Also, I have GPS and have been very pleased with it with exception to directions on use. I am a pilot with a lot of GPS experience, but have been trying to learn as I go voice commands etc because there is a lack of information available on the system .. SEAN
    Hi Gunfghtr13,

Please let me know when these mats become available. I have been waiting since July 03' for them. Finally! I was going to go ahead and purchase a less desirable set but I am glad I waited. Is there a number that I should be calling or are you getting this info from web?
    I don't have it but if I want it in the future what is involved? I have the thx nav radio. Is the Sirius reciever already in the head unit? Is it just sabled and all they have to do is install the antenae and turn it on?

Thanks
    Catchall Mats are now available through sportomotoring.com. You need to go through their shop for accessories link. Choose lincoln then Aviator. Finally they are here. I have already ordered my complete set just in time for the summer.
  • rickrick Member Posts: 3
    I continue to hear a slight air draft in my 2003 Aviator. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem. The dealer has told me that since I have a sunroof air deflector (after-market)installed it is actually causing the noise. I really don't think this is the problem but I will remove it soon. Please let me know if any of you guys noticed something similar... Rick
  • quemfalaquemfala Member Posts: 107
    Could anyone tell me if the Explorer / Mountaineer / Aviator cargo areas are exactly the same size and dimensions. When I contacted Weathertech, the salesman said that one is the same as the other so ordering a cargo mat for an Explorer would fit the Aviator. (If each had the 3rd seat)
    Thanx
    Life is better at the Beach
  • crcraigcrcraig Member Posts: 3
    My wife (the principal driver of our Aviator) has made it known that she'd like some kind of mat for the cargo area, so that when she goes out and buys more shrubs for the yard, she doesn't make a mess.

She has also complained a bit about the fact that the sloped cargo floor (when the 3rd row is down) causes stuff to slide to the back, and when she opens the liftgate, bags sometimes actually fall out onto the ground. Now, one solution is for her to only open the glass part of the rear door, and I'll work on that, but sometimes you really have to open the entire liftgate.

Given these requirements, what's my best option? I've looked on the Lincoln accessories web site, and they have a thing called "Cargo Logic System" which looks at least a little promising. (It also looks very similar to the cargo system on the CatchAll web site -- I wonder if they are the same...) There's also a less expensive "Cargo Tray".

Has anyone used these accessories? Are there others I should look at? Thanks for any advice you can give.

Chris
  • clarksalmoclarksalmo Member Posts: 19
    Does anybody know where I can get a grille guard for an 04 Aviator?
    Chris:

You do know that if you remove the "seat" of the 3rd row, the floor will be a little more level. Not much help if you use the seat every day, however.
  • crcraigcrcraig Member Posts: 3
    Yeah, I know about removing the seat cushion. We don't use the 3rd row all the time, but I suspect my wife will not want to lose the flexibility of having it available without having to plan for it in advance. It is a good suggestion though.

So, I guess the lack of a reply to my earlier message a few weeks ago means that nobody uses any of those cargo area mats? Oh well, it was worth a shot anyway...

Chris
    Have you tried Weathertech? I checked their site and it looks like they have cargo liners for the Aviator, behind the 2nd seat with 3rd seat down. I'm going to call them as I'm interested in the same item.

Luck
    Has anyone added the Sirius radio to their Aviator? I understand that it's a $400 item to add this from the dealer. Are there any other choices, such as after-market, or other?
    If so, how's it working for you?
  • e350v10e350v10 Member Posts: 92
    Sirius: put in a Kenwood ad-on at Car Toys for $150.

Mats: Try www.autoanything.com
    Does the Kenwood add-on operate through the Aviator's touch screen, or does it have it's own, separate screen? I would rather it operate through the current screen. However, I've just called a dealer here in South Florida, and he wants $695, parts and labor, for the factory kit. Somewhat outrageous, don't you think? I'll be checking a few different dealers, just in case this was an aberration. I don't know how big of a piece of Sirius is owned by Ford, but they better get their costing straightened out on this kit, or I'll be sticking to my CD's and MP3's for entertainment.
    THANX
    Life's Better at the Beach
    Well, I received an answer to my questions about the Sirius radio. $695 is the going rate for installation at the Lincoln dealer. The antenna is already in the car, but all else needs to be installed. They tell me it's about a 4-hour job, as the radio needs to come out for them to attach the receiver onto the back of it. Their pitch, "it's then warranted for the 4-year vehicle warranty", and not "90-days" for an add-on. Well, at those prices, a $150 add-on can break a couple of times and still not equate to their price.
    Has anyone exchanged the stock Aviator grill with a chrome replacement? I know there are several companies selling them, I'm interested in a quality, stock looking item.

Thanx
  • e350v10e350v10 Member Posts: 92
    The Kenwood I have has its own keypad (which they mounted to the back of the sunroof control panel - looks good). I don't have the touch screen.

You might swing by Car Toys or Circuit City and see if they can do it through the touch screen - otherwise I think you might be stuck.
    I'm out in California and have seen a couple of 2004 Aviators with the "CS" designation. I'm told that it's the "California Special", comes from the Lincoln-Mercury Division, with Borla exhausts, and some other cosmetic stuff.
    Does anyone know more details about what they've done to this vehicle? What have they added, and is it only cosmetic?
    Thanx
    Life is Better at the Beach
  • hilnhiln Member Posts: 7
    I am thinking of having a 10 inch TV/DVD player installed on my 03 Aviator. Has anyone put one in after market? I am scared to death to let them rip apart my 40$ car- but I heard it will look good.

Anyone?

Thanks
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    The Borla exhaust certainly isn't just cosmetic, but the rest of the package probably is. Sorry, haven't heard of it. Check the sticker if you can find one on the lot.
    Where are you going to put it? I would lean towards smaller headrest mounted monitors personally. You can mount them behind the headrest or integrated into the headrest.

Or are you just going for the Bling factor?
    Really - do you think that would look kinda bling like? I hadnt thought of that- I just hate tiny monitors- the screens on the headrest are too small. I didnt get factory installed cause I wanted bigger then a 6 inch. I hope it looks good. It will be a drop down roof mounted one.
    I was considering these headrest monitors also but if you have kids in the rear as I do watch out as they could "innocently" crack the screen. This happened to my brother in laws' navigator. I ended up going with a rosen 7inch wide screen overhead sys. They will need to drop entire headliner so make sure you use a reputable installer (not best buy or other big retailer rookie installer) so your AVI is put back properly and teh install is flawless. Labor warranty should be excellent as well.
    I am going through best buy which scares me but they said they were insured, whatever that means-I had better find out. I am glad to hear your install looks flawless. Why did you choose the 7 inch screen over the larger one? Was it just the price factor?
    It depends on where you put it. I've seen them put 10" LCDs in the center stack and yes, that would be big bling in my book. Overhead or mounted at the rear of the front console or smaller ones in the headrest would not be.

One thing to remember for overhead mounting is how much it blocks the rear view mirror.

You can get the headrest monitors for $150 or less so even if you crack one it's not the end of the world. Probably much cheaper than one 10" LCD and you have the ability to run multiple sources. And it won't block the rear view mirror.

Just some things to think about.
    No, not necessarly the price of my 7 inch is as much as a 10 inch model. I did not go bigger because anything bigger would block my rearview. With my current system, I am still able to see about 3-4 inches below and out my rearview when down. The second reson was that this particular model was almost a dead match with my cream interior and looks stock. This is a plus since most overhead systems are black or gray now days. If you have the gray interior it would probably work better but with cream it really sticks out. If you are interested, now rosen has an all in one system consisting of the dvd player & monitor. You can view them at rosenentertainment.com. Agian, installation kwowledge and experience again is crucial. It almost best to pay more now inoprder to avoid the headaches later.
    No, not necessarly the price of my 7 inch is as much as a 10 inch model. I did not go bigger because anything bigger would block my rearview. With my current system, I am still able to see about 3-4 inches below and out my rearview when down. The second reson was that this particular model was almost a dead match with my cream interior and looks stock. This is a plus since most overhead systems are black or gray now days. If you have the gray interior it would probably work better but with cream it really sticks out. If you are interested, now rosen has an all in one system consisting of the dvd player & monitor. You can view them at rosenentertainment.com. Agian, installation kwowledge and experience again is crucial. It almost best to pay more now inoprder to avoid the headaches later.
    That is something no one has mentioned, about it blocking the rear view mirror. How can it be legal to do that? The head rest monitors at best buy are 999- where do you get them for 150?
    If it was illegal to block your rear-view mirror then those huge rear wings would be illegal. You still have your side mirrors so it's really not a safety issue, just annoying.

Ebay.
    I am going to go with the headrest ones after all- because of my sunroof they will work best- I will up date next week when they are put in.
    When in Orange County, California I saw an Aviator with a "CS" designation. Found that it had Borla dual exhausts, class III hitch, different rear bumper and a few badges. Anyone know where or how I might order these items for my wife's Aviator. The Borla exhausts can be found, but no luck with the other items.

THANX

Life is Better at the Beach
  • jacqueusijacqueusi Member Posts: 55
    Well, it's going to be in the minus degrees temps in the Metro Detroit area.

Anyone have a remote start installed on their Aviator? The Lincoln website shows a factory version, but I get a pop-up saying it can't be installed on a 2003 Aviator despite the fact that at the bottom of the screen 2003 Aviator is listed as a model that it can be installed on.

Hammer995, depending on the vehicle aftermarket remote starts require an alarm bypass box that basically holds a key to the car to defeat the engine disable system.
    I had the Ford Gold installed. Works great. The keyfob has an extra button to press to start it up. The only problem is that it looks like your showing off..and people look at it strange seeing that there isn't anybody in it. Its great during the summer too to get that AC crankin. I wish the seats would stay on after you turn off the car...but i'm not complaining...:)
    Ford Gold, I take it that's OEM then? My local Lincoln Dealer refused to install the OEM model because there service shop told them it was an eight hour affair. I was going to go aftermarket, but found aftermarket remote starts could interfere with the keyless entry.

Would you mind posting an approx. price paid? Thanks!
    I had them include it as part of a deal....I think its on www.licolnaccessories.com I don't want to say how much i paid cause i practically stole the aviator from them..:)

check out

click here
    I've seen what appears to be a small cup shaped coin holder in some of the marketing shots for the Aviator. When I searched the Lincoln accessory site and after contact my local dealership, both were at a loss that such an item exists.

Does anyone on the board have any solutions for holding toll booth change?
  • bdooganbdoogan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have a 2003 Aviator with a power moonroof. I bought it without the overhead rear entertainment dvd system but now the kids want one. The factory unit is made by Johnson Controls and lists for about $1400. I found a unit that was meant for a 03 Explorer Limited for a lot less money. Does anyone know if they're compatible? ie. wiring harness, connectors, radio interface, etc.
  • nortosnortos Member Posts: 2
    We have the 2003 Aviator with the moonroof and it came with the overhead rear DVD entertainment system. Unfortunately, it's large and it blocks most of your view in your rear view mirror when it's in use. The kids don't use it that much and play with the gameboys more often (11 and 13 yrs old) For us it was a waste of money. There are several portable DVD units out there that are a lot less expensive and they also have screens that are built into the back of the headrests on some cars.

Susan
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    Has anyone found any all-weather type floor mats for the Aviator that actually fit well and work with the hook on the floor yet?
  • dang619dang619 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2005 Aviator.... What are you all doing about the tire pressure sensor when installing aftermarket wheels?
    Does anybody know where I can buy one mud guard? I apparently lost one somewhere...y'know all that 4 wheeling I do...haha! I guess the dealership didn't put it on securely.

Thanks...
    I doubt it - just buy a set and then you'll have a spare for the other side.
  • razorloborazorlobo Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone found out where i can buy the CS edition kit? I just got a 2005 aviator and I cam currently in Iraq, would like to treat myself once I get back home.
  • cruising2cruising2 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone find a cargo area cover for a 2005 Aviator? I can't believe Lincoln isn't making them. Any suggestions? I hate having stuff back there when working and leaving it exposed to the eye of anyone lurking.
    Explorer/Mountaineer covers should fit if you can match the color.
This discussion has been closed.