Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Aviator Accessories and Mods

2»

Comments

• avi04avi04 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 04 Aviator and use the cargo cover from an 04 Mountainer. Works great and the color matches as well.
  • cruising2cruising2 Member Posts: 4
    They tried an 05 Mountaineer on my 05 Aviator and it was too wide :( ....

Does anyone have an 05 Aviator? If so - which year cover fit that?

Thanks again!
  • daschuchdaschuch Member Posts: 1
    I have found a web site www.maxmarketsolutions.com which claims they designed the CS edition. I have left a message but have not heard from them yet.
  • neilwe2vneilwe2v Member Posts: 1
    It is the same one as the Mercury Mountaineer. I have one that I used on a 2003 aviator and currently using it on a 2005
  • waltvatorwaltvator Member Posts: 9
    I changed my tires on an 04 aviators to 20". Can anyone tell me how to stop the tire sensor from alarming?
  • matlincamatlinca Member Posts: 5
    hello to respond to your ? my parents own a 2003 lincoln aviator with power moon rooof, rear dvd entertainment system, and touch screen radio/ dvd controller. the system for the aviator is a little slow and somewhat loud and it blocks the rear view mirror's view when down, also this dvd system comes with storage witch makes it very large. unfortunately the the explorer's dvd system is not compatible with the aviator's front control's yet the wireing harnesses are very simmilar. like for example when you turn on the dvd you can select to turn it on through the speakers or the wireless head phones, if you select the wireless head phones while you are playing the radio it shuts off the back speakers and subwoffer just leaveing the front 2 speakers on ( quite annoying :mad: ). what im leading up to is it would be better and cheaper to install an aftermarket dvd system + you would have a bigger screen no cheezy dvd storage compartments and av and video hook ups ( so you can play video game systems such as x-box ps2 or hook your video camera or w.e you would like). also if you want to still go with the explorer dvd system you could get it to work if you find a good enough electrician to do so but it would probally cost alot of $$ wich most people like to save :D . well i hope that help's it was pretty long ..................................................................
    MATT
  • jacqueusijacqueusi Member Posts: 55
    Anyone use/recommend a bluetooth adapter for their Aviator? I've seen a Ford/Lincoln Mobile-ease unit floating around, but am not sure if it will work well with the Aviator.

Hoping to find some folks on the Edmunds board, that have made the leap.

Thanks!
    Can anyone suggest a place where I can buy a black grill to replace the chrome grill on my Aviator. Hoping to get a suggestion of where I can find one below OEM MSRP.

Thanks!
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Why not paint the one you have? Shouldn't cost more than $100 at a body shop or do it yourself.
    I've tried something like that before on my 4Runner. The primer wouldn't adhere to the "chrome".
    It can be done. Check with your local bodyshop.
  • nuttzonuttzo Member Posts: 1
    If you still got it, i might trade you for mine. I have a black one but looking for a chrome one. Let me know
  • mw3000mw3000 Member Posts: 24
    accessories and modifications.....hmmm to start 22inch rims, dvd for rear and one for front adapted to gps system. removal of rear seat for sound system, batteries(4) and hydraulic pump set up. maybe later lamborgini doors, maybe
    i have 22 inch wheels and the tire store you goto should know what to do, mine did
  • wity1wity1 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a remote for my DVD-Entertainment System (2003 Aviator). I live in Germany. Also I want to know if I can set the System Code-Free, because only US-DVD's are running. Thank you.
  • mongo1mongo1 Member Posts: 49
    Greetings all and may this find you well. Would there be anyone out there that would know what tuner pack would be needed to activate my Sirius radio. Vehicle is a 2004 Aviator with the 6 CD Audiophile. Radio supposedly is set up with the antenna already built in, but needs some sort of tuner module to activate. Lincoln is asking $400.00 to install. I believe the ALP-1 might work, but I am not certain. Anybody out there with this experience would most certainly be appreciated if they could throw light on this. Thank you in advance.
    Will D.
    hello all you aviator fans. I do love the look of the front end so i decided to modify the suspension a little, and put a little boom in the rear. I have been lucky and not having some of the problems as some other people, how about all you
    Ask me next week. It's in the shop now for a jerky transmission. Warranty runs out in about 3 months.
  • latcham3latcham3 Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know how i can get to watch dvd on navigation system, i have seen it done, but i don't know how to get it done? if anyone can help please do. this website prove it to be done http://www.extremeauto.us/ford_lincoln_dvd_navigation.html :mad:
    Yes, I went to an area custom stereo shop here in arizona, and i paid about $900 total, it included a adapter that they tied into the gps stuff in the back. Then they put a dvd player below the glove box (the center console is to shallow for it to be put in there), with a toggle switch in the center console to overide the gps/radio screen to the dvd player on the screen, the picture is good, but also make sure you get a fm modulator that tunes to a radio station frequency so you can listen to the movie :shades:
    Please tell me you're not watching a movie and trying to drive at the same time.
    of course not, but you can glance at it from time to time, besides since i put hydraulics on it also i am to busy adjusting the driving hieght. and yes it is a daily driver :P I love cars, and the lincoln
    Nice - 2 driving distractions. They should double your insurance.
    does anyone have some sort of sense of humor, i do not play with the hydros while driving and the dvd player is something that just sits there turned off. cars are my one vise and i enjoy customizing them, so lets all just lighten up. cant we all just get along?
    Sure, but you said

but you can glance at it from time to time, besides since i put hydraulics on it also i am to busy adjusting the driving hieght.

Sure sounded like you were doing both of those while driving. Customize all you want but don't let it compromise driver attention.
  • jd1017jd1017 Member Posts: 4
    Good for you mw...well heck there's always a Walmart handy for a relaxing movie viewing while the fam shops, why should the passengers always have all the fun! ;)
  • vkengerivkengeri Member Posts: 1
    Hi, has anyone tried to put in a bluetooth handsfree set into their Aviator? I have an Aviator 2004 with factory navigation and dvd system. If not, if some one can point me to some information on how I can pop out the factory electornics (6xCD Player, Radio & Nav), then I can look to see if there is any thing I can do myself. Thanks.

- Vasu
    :confuse:
  • madmike99madmike99 Member Posts: 1
    How many factory amps does it have and can i replace factory tweeters and mids without bypassing the amp?
  • matlincamatlinca Member Posts: 5
    hello every one i was wondering if anyone has installed a aftermarket amp to the existing amp, on a lincoln aviator with nav. I blew my subwoofer and i cant stand listing to a radio without a sub. :mad: I also just trying to install the amp just for the subwoofer. I have everything installed, can i just run the wires from the amp that went to the sub. Any help is greatly apreacheated.
    Thanks for your time
  • 04avi04avi Member Posts: 9
    lets hear about the extras you've added. I need some ideas I've been searching a coldair intake everywhere with no luck for the 04 avi. and I have crazy thoughts every now and then about a super charger, I know it will never happen but is it possible its the same motor as the mustang right why not have a luxury version of the old typhoon or cyclone they used to make? but seriously has anyone added any horsepower?
This discussion has been closed.